[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did your dad play vidya? Pic related, what a boring game, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: super_black_bass_p_kqrqt9.jpg (63 KB, 640x444) Image search: [Google]
super_black_bass_p_kqrqt9.jpg
63 KB, 640x444
Did your dad play vidya?
Pic related, what a boring game, but he was so into it. You don't even get anything for winning.
>>
>>337067415
Boring game my ass, I love that game. My dad didn't though. He just liked Galaga.
>>
I found my mom's husband playing Super Mario World one time.

Also I was playing a Cabela game and he sat next to me and watched for a few minutes.
>>
File: 1462209613913.png (262 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
1462209613913.png
262 KB, 800x480
My dad was too busy drinking and hitting me to play games......
>>
>>337067415
My dad always brought me to his office to play Outlaws on his PC, and I remember him being pretty into Battlefield 2142
>>
>>337067415
I thought always thought that game was called "Super Black Ass".
>>
>>337067415
He played gameboy games. So did my mom.
>>
>>337067415
>Did your dad play vidya?

No

I don't know why i entered this thread...
>>
>>337071351
Oh god Outlaws, my dad loved watching me play that shit. And Vietcong. I miss him.
>>
>>337071089
He was just role playing Super Punch Out anon, you should be more appreciative of his efforts to raise you right.
>>
>>337069323

>my mom's husband

Cuck a doodle doo!
>>
My dad played Topgun for NES and that's about it.
>>
>>337071525
Get out. Like, leave this site.
>>
File: 1462375266155.jpg (73 KB, 381x424) Image search: [Google]
1462375266155.jpg
73 KB, 381x424
>He doesn't like huntan and fishan

This is why all these suburban dadless nu-males are turning into traps. You are literally not a man until you can have the patience to fish and the balls to kill your own meal, get out of the fucking house and spend time with your pops.
>>
>>337071901
>implying he'd take me
He just wants to fish for virtual fish. you don't even have the option of keeping them that way.
It's the same way I had a basketball hoop but he never wanted to play, he'd play NBA Jam
>>
>>337067415
He got me into video games. He made my mom buy him early gen consoles like SNES and others, but I don't know what he played on those. He got me into video games and he loved Command & Conquer until 4. He also played all the battlefields up to 2142. We always shared an online account so we could get upgrades and medals/ribbons faster.

He still plays call of duty but he says he hates it now. Whenever I'm in the room and he's playing GTA, he goes on a rampage while yelling things like "racist pigs", "I smell bacoooon", and "you'll never take me alive coppers". I find it really funny since he's actually a white, city police officer irl.
>>
>You don't even get anything for winning.

To be fair, what game isn't like this?
>>
He used to play Heroes 3, Age of Empires 1 and Goldeneye. He probably played some Quake/Unreal since he asked me if I had played them once.
Don't know if he ever plays something during downtime at work now, but he sometimes join the rest of the family when we all play Mario Kart, and join my youngest brother when he asks him to join him playing something on a console.

My mom plays CSGO and a WWII shooter I can't remember the name of.

>>337071901
My dad doesn't hunt and the only fishing he do with some regularity is with fucking fish-traps and nets.
>>
File: 1432499307651.jpg (48 KB, 415x415) Image search: [Google]
1432499307651.jpg
48 KB, 415x415
>>337072427
E-sports games
>>
My dad has always been an extremely competent arcade gamer. Hist best games are Joust, Centipede, Missile Command, and Galaga. We would also team up in Metal Slug, Rampage, and various SHMUPs back when arcades were still a thing.
>>
>>337072725

>Autism Olympics

I'd rather win cancer.
>>
i got my stepdad into day of defeat and then day defeat:source
all he ever plays is day of defeat source
he has at least a couple thousand hours or so
>>
>>337071901
Go away.
>>
>>337072884
Oh yeah? Well my mom was 1983 Joust World Champion
>>
>>337067415
My dad was the one who got me into videogames in the first place. I used to watch him play Ultima Online and Diablo all the time as a kid, them we played shit together like Quake Team Fortress and Enemy Territory Wolfenstein. He played WoW for years as well, and kept going even after I gave up in WotLK.

Nowadays he is much more casual, though. He plays Heroes of the Storm sometimes; I also installed Autism Truck Simulator for him because he's into trucks now, he plays that shit all the time.
>>
>You don't even get anything for winning.

>you will never play a game just for enjoyment anymore
>achievements have ruined the way you think about games and completion
i used to just fuck around with THPS2 cheats. now I just see a checklist of "must do's" and can't let myself "waste time" by fucking around.
>>
File: Golden_Axe_Warrior.png (179 KB, 269x370) Image search: [Google]
Golden_Axe_Warrior.png
179 KB, 269x370
My dad used to play this all the time with me.
>>
File: dr mario.jpg (52 KB, 640x507) Image search: [Google]
dr mario.jpg
52 KB, 640x507
Both my rents used to play a shit ton of Dr. Mario and get real into it and fight and shit.
>>
>>337074237
I don't believe you have any parents. Enjoy your Dr. Mario
>>
File: 49677_front.jpg (99 KB, 640x925) Image search: [Google]
49677_front.jpg
99 KB, 640x925
This was "my" b-day present one year. I think I played it once.
My dad fucking lived on this game.
>>
File: MechWarrior_2_cover.jpg (64 KB, 400x467) Image search: [Google]
MechWarrior_2_cover.jpg
64 KB, 400x467
He ensured i would not grow up to have shit taste.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.