[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda U
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 41
File: link-arrow.png (126 KB, 400x249) Image search: [Google]
link-arrow.png
126 KB, 400x249
>First game in history about archery.
>It's a Zelda game no less.
>has as long a development time as Ocarina of Time now.
>Nintendo saying it will change all conventions in gaming like Ocarina of Time.
>Aonuma says this game is something completely unexpected like Ocarina of Time.
>confirmed to be as big as Kyoto city.

Post in this thread if you're hyped as fudge. YEAH BOI!!!

I know what I'll be doing all of 2017 and 2018.
>>
I'm not crazy about the 3D Zelda games, but this one looks baller as fuck yo

Link Between Worlds 2 when?
>>
I'm hyped and I want to see more come E3.
That being said, I REALLY hope they don't show too much.
>>
>tfw Nintendo will build a dungeon on their E3 space.
>>
>>337067403

>I REALLY hope they don't show too much.

Fuck off mate. After how long they've left us in the dark, I want to drink from the fountain of unlimited information until I'm content.

And yes, I am hype as fuck.
Zelda is quite literally a system seller for me. It's what I wait for before buying a Nintendo console (which is why I skipped the Wii U).

Despite how angry I am due to all of these delays the game has had, I am willing to overlook that shit because Nintendo seems pretty fucking confident that this game will be their savior. This Zelda-only E3 that they're having is testament to that confidence.

It all depends on this. If this game isn't a straight up masterpiece then I worry for Nintendo, but despite all the odds, I'm actually expecting them to pull through with this one. Now all that's left to do is to wait and see.
>>
>>337066881
They also said that playing this game would make you want to play TP again. Which implies.. Things. I may not like those things, I may like them very much.
They will have a very, very sad reference to Midna, won't they?
>>
File: 1462468787067.png (737 KB, 1008x651) Image search: [Google]
1462468787067.png
737 KB, 1008x651
>>337067403
On contraire. I want them to show as much as possible so we can speculate on more sequence-breaks, overworld lore, story and secrets until the game comes out.

I remember before Skyward Sword came out, an anon on /v/ hyped everyone up saying that Zelda was the Triforce and got sacrificed at the end for the villain's wish; but that in exchange, it grants her one wish too. So she wishes to always be together with Link. Thus creating the eternally reincarnating cycle between the three.

I want to speculate about everything again. If this game is a return to what made Zelda 1 great, then playground chatter is what it lives off.
>>
>>337068085
>>337067893
I mean I want to see this game, but there are games that blow the lid with trailers and show all the important shit and kill all the surprise.
I want speculation, but I don't want to be disappointed after the game comes out because we've already seen most of it.
I don't want to see anything past the beginning of the first dungeon of this game.
>>
>>337066881
>Epona is a red horse
>King of red lions was a red boat
>The bird in skyward was red

>Zelda U
>Brown horse
You had one job.
>>
>>337066881
I am metering my expectations but I hope it has pretty environments.
>>
File: 1457155717025.gif (496 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457155717025.gif
496 KB, 500x375
>>337068473
>tfw Link is permanently blue
>>
>>337068473

This is how the new Zelda is changing conventions. Everything else will be the same.
>>
>>337066881
>about archery
Nope
>>
File: CbdpZnRUsAEDZt8.jpg (24 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CbdpZnRUsAEDZt8.jpg
24 KB, 600x338
>>337066881
>First game in history about archery
Literally, what?
>>
>>337066881
>change conventions

Yes!! Like the horse moving itself through the forest, so good!
>>
>>337068473
>implying you won't be able to ride other horses
>>
>>337067893
No need to tell him to "fuck off" mate.

>>337067940
I don't think he said that you'll want to play TP again. Aonuma said that it'll make sense if you go back and play TP again, the things that they pulled from that game as inspiration. Which I take to mean, about Epona or the way you will be able to combine more and more items with the bow or Link.
>>
>>337066881
I refuse to get my hopes up, not after nintendo DEMANDS to have motion controls in every game
>>
I hope it has more focus on exploring dangerous lands rather than talking to NPCs. I liked how SS had Skyloft as a hub where you could get stocked up and ready, but they fucked up by having numerous friendly NPCs on the ground and by segregating areas too much.
>>
Here's what I predict.
>Game will be good overall
>Non existent difficulty will hold the game back immensely

>Inb4 token retard chimes in by thinking asking for difficulty =/= wanting Dark Souls
My complaint for almost every Zelda ever is they're too easy. Nobody is asking for ball busting difficulty, but for the love of god just don't have it be mindless. Challenge is necessary.

At the very least I would like a Hero mode available from the VERY FUCKING START of the game. Quad damage from enemies just like ALBW. Yes please.
Customizable difficulty would be even better but that's never going to happen.
>>
>>337066881
It will be Skyward Sword 2.0. Modern Nintendo is incapable of pulling off another OoT, or even another MM.
>>
>>337068473
>That huge ass sword
Are we actually going to get to use it? Could the master sword be that big?

I fucking hope so.
>>
>>337069721
My prediction is that there will be multiple weapons.
>>
>>337068473
They wanted to keep the game diverse
>>
>>337066881
skywars sword was insulting, so i dont get my hopes up.

would like it a lot if they actually do something with the crafting system and give you a way to spend rupees this time.

also hero mode available from the start and no waggling
>>
File: berserk_guts.jpg (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
berserk_guts.jpg
19 KB, 400x300
>>337068473
That sword...it is more like a Slab of Iron than a sword.
Link the Blue Swordsman
>GANONDORF!
>KKYYYUUUAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: preloader.png (28 KB, 807x747) Image search: [Google]
preloader.png
28 KB, 807x747
>>337068791
He's blue because blue is a cool color, which makes it yin. Gerudo are female too, also yin.

He's an adopted Hylian orphan raised by Gerudo. That's why he has long hair, Gerudo vambracers, hawk guard, and a Gerudo black stallion in the original trailer (I'm guessing you get to pick your horse).

The Sheikah are the bad guys in this game for once, who are also yin alignment. However mid-way through the game you find out the Gerudo want what the Sheikah want, even more. It is a game that portrays the bitter irony that the faction who save Hyrule become exiled, while the warrior clan that almost destroyed it from within because of their greed, have their last few in number subjugated to a small agricultural village.

This is the game that the Shadow Temple in OoT is talking about.
>Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of hatred and greed.

Get the tissues ready. This is gonna be a tearjerker.
>>
>>337070216
A game about the Gerudo and Sheikah sounds amazing. It's what I wanted in SS, since it was a prequel to everything.

Wonder if we're going to get sexy Impa or old, fat Impa in this game.
>>
>>337066881
This is false, and they only focused on the bow for the reveal trailer because they're overly excited about their new dismount bow attack system.

Swords are going to be the primary weapon as usual.
>>
If this game sucks, I'm quitting Nintendo.
>>
>>337068473
>Epona
>red
uh...
>>
>>337070767
But they didn't show the new dismount bow system until 10 months later?
>>
>>337070993
What's your point?
>>
>>337071043
That Link has never once used a sword so far and in the trailers we have to go off, has used his bow exclusively.
>>
>>337071129
>one whole trailer
wowee
>>
>>337071209
>two
Wew lad.
>>
>>337071281
I'm sorry? When was there another trailer?
>>
>>337071568
Reveal trailer and Spike VGA trailer.
>>
>>337067752
That would be cool.
>>
>>337066881
>hype
>Nintendo game

At this point I'd say being cautiously optimistic would be overdoing it so I'll just say I'm feeling guarded if not pensive towards anything that company says at this point.

I'm wise to your shit Nintendo and you wont fool me ever again.
>>
>>337072290
I was unaware of the second, because I don't pay attention to bullshit awards.
>>
>>337072598
I would agree to an extent, but Skyward Sword was the last main 3D entry in the series, which I thought had some some great ideas which were hampered by mostly waggle controls and an overly segmented world, which this game seems to have gotten rid of entirely.
I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>hyped for legends of bullshot downgrades
No. But that's because I don't want to feel let down and rather enjoy it for what it is, so I'm keeping my hype low so I'll be excited no matter what. Archery is one of the few times that new screen controller could be really cool, like imagine if they have it so that raising it up to your eye automatically activates the bow and then simulates you looking first person sighting, could be a smooth awesome mechanic. Hope the gimmick usage is awesome not crap.
>>
File: what.jpg (67 KB, 627x620) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
67 KB, 627x620
>>337073025
>nintendo
>bullshots
>downgrades
>>
>>337066881
Saying and doing are two different things
>>
File: okay nintendo.jpg (926 KB, 3048x1080) Image search: [Google]
okay nintendo.jpg
926 KB, 3048x1080
>>337073332
You can try to tell me it was "never supposed to actually look like the left" but that's bs. I'm sure on the NX it'll be better then on the right, but will they actually get it all the way back up to how they originally showed it off? I'm skeptical at this point, and I definitely don't think it'll happen on the Wii U as promised.

But if I treat the right as more realistic then it can only go up from there, and that'll be good enough. I care more about the mechanics and fun of it anyway.
>>
>>337073817
>direct feed vs picture of a television
>"why does one look like shit, mommy?"
>>
>>337066881
I just want another good Zelda game, I don't need something "innovative" fuck.
>>
>>337074030
I sure hope you're not serious trying to pretend that that's what anyone is talking about in that comparison or is the source of the differences.
>>
>>337073817
The game looks exactly how it does on the left though.
You can clearly see the area that link is in on the right side on the left image.

Every other area in that video we got showed lush beautiful terrain. That was over a year ago too, the game wasn't and still isn't finished.

Also it was a shitty quality stream.
>>
>>337066881
>Are there any Western games that influence where you get these ideas or inspiration from?

Aonuma: Certainly, I do play Western games. I think I've put some comments out there about being really interested in Skyrim, but then people started connecting it to the idea that I was making an open-world game now. I really didn't want to make that connection to explicit since it's really not how it works.

I do play a lot of games from the West; for example, I've been playing Far Cry, which also has this large, open world. When I play these games, what stands out to me is that there are different kind of themes and the ways that they make the player feel when they experience them. I think that that's always a really valuable reference for developers. And I think that is something that all developers do. It's something that they all think about when they're playing other games.
>>
>>337074238
But if the NX final ends up looking like on the left then all the better, and it won't have hurt for me to be skeptical in the mean time because I'll be even more hyped. And otherwise I won't mind and won't feel let down if they don't manage it. I see that as win/win.
>>
File: cdv.jpg (380 KB, 1577x803) Image search: [Google]
cdv.jpg
380 KB, 1577x803
>>337073817
The fact that the official website features a fixed camera at that same place with no changes confirms you're bullshitting yourself.
>>
>>337074181
>he is this retarded
It's much, much more difficult to make comparisons on details when one video is a picture of a television, which is known to give an inaccurate image of what's being displayed on it.
>>
>>337073817
>reverse bullshots
So these are a sonyggers tools.
>>
>>337074450
That is literally the exact same screenshot.
It's the ONLY screenshot Nintendo's been using since they revealed it.
>>
>>337073817
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SECWlFInyFM

>Literally one area had poor looking textures
>This was from back in 2014
>On a stream recording video of a television

Skip to 1:38. The game looks just as good, if not better than the image on the left.
Nintendo has no history what so ever of using bullshots.
>>
>>337073817
Yes, that part on the right looks like shit, but if you watch the footage, there's grass all over the right side of the image. Grass is still there. It's just that part that lacks it and it's a flat blurry rock texture that I hope they mask
>>
>>337074881
It's not a screenshot.

http://e3.nintendo.com/
>>
Really? You actually believe this?

>has as long a development time as Ocarina of Time now.
Skyward Sword had a long development time too.

Highly unlikely.

>Aonuma
>Doing something unexpected
Hahaha, no.
>>
Its gonna be pure trash, worse than star fox zero
>>
>>337075208
Platinum Games has nothing to do with it, so it's guaranteed to not be trash.
>>
>>337070216
Faggot spotted
>>
>>337075340
Star Fox Zero is a great unfinished game.
>>
>>337073817
>I care more about the mechanics and fun of it anyway.
So why are you excited for a modern Zelda game?
>>
>>337075438
It is. Not only clearly unfinished but very inferior to 64, but god dammit I still like it a lot
>>
>>337066881
I really hope it delivers. The switch to a bigger open world and all the delays has me worried that it's in some kind of development hell where everything is just falling apart.
>>
>>337075550
Yeah, it just makes you feel so cool sometimes and the music is pretty fantastic. Really sucks that it seems to have gotten shoved out because the Wii U's at the end of its lifespan already, could've been fantastic with some more polishing and content.
>>
>>337075302
Aonuma is in charge of it, so it's guaranteed to be trash.
>>
File: 1387697420719.gif (343 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1387697420719.gif
343 KB, 500x281
>>337077354
Aonuma is a good designer when left to himself.

When he has to work with Fujibayashi or someone else, they hold him back and the games end up stale.

>TMC
>SS
>ST
>ALBW

All stale. I give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he would have corrected what was wrong with all of those, if he didn't have to babysit the noobs.

Phantom Hourglass was the last good Zelda and it was all 'Numa.

Yes, the controls did suck but if it had been a Gamecube game, then we would all be saying "GIVE US ANOTHER PHANTOM HOURGLASS!"

The game is GOTY material. Don't you dare tell me it's not.
>>
>>337078064
>Aonuma is a good designer when left to himself.
He really isn't. He's a man that hates the very core of Zelda.

>When he has to work with Fujibayashi or someone else, they hold him back and the games end up stale.
Or perhaps he's the one that holds them back? Or perhaps the Zelda team just no longer has talent.

>Phantom Hourglass was the last good Zelda and it was all 'Numa.
If you're going to troll, at least put effort into it.
>>
>>337066881

Bullshit. They're just going to turn LoZ into an Elder Scrolls game and call it innovation.
>>
>>337070871
This.
How has no one commented on this?
When I think red, I think red like the King of Lions.
Epona just looks like a lighter shade of brown.
>>
>>337074238
>The game looks exactly how it does on the left though.

Yeah, if Link was in the presumably unloaded area off hundreds of feet in the distance with flat textures and grass, sure.
>>
>>337071129
He has used his sword. When he was riding on Epona.
>>
File: 1462592961362.jpg (123 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1462592961362.jpg
123 KB, 768x1024
>>337066881
Nintendo expects to revolutionize gaming by adding bows to its adventure rehash?
>>
>>337078583
It's a reddish brown. Personally, I think it looks more orangish, especially so in-game
>>
>>337078728
Rehash is a buzzword.
>>
>>337078262
He is one of the pillars for Ocarina of Time, which is still the best GOAT. I don't need to defend him. The truth speaks for itself. And hurr durr I TROL U. Phantom Hourglass was his brainchild.

>>337078423
How is Zelda anything like an Elder Scrolls game even if it is openworld now? Did you think when typing that?
>>
>>337066881
No hype, but i want it to be good. Pls be good.
>>
>>337078909
is buzzword a buzzword?
>>
>>337071129
He's wearing a shield in the gameplay demonstration, though.

>>337078583
I don't think it's even possible for horses to have red fur.

>>337078064
Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks (to a lesser extent) are riddled with problems. RIDDLED.
>>
>>337078983
>He is one of the pillars for Ocarina of Time, which is still the best GOAT.
All he did was some dungeon design here and there, he was nowhere near as involved as revisionists believe. Besides, Koizumi, Miyamoto, and Tezuka were responsible for the bulk of OoT.

And no, Ocarina is not the GOAT, not even close.

>The truth speaks for itself.
You're right, the truth does. The truth is that Aonuma is on record as saying he's incapable of killing Octoroks in the original game and found the most fun things to do in LttP to be cutting grass and lifting stones. This is a man who is awful at Zelda games and was given full control over a series he's awful at and dislikes. A man who was hired by Miyamoto just because he made wooden dolls in college. The proof is in the pudding.

>Phantom Hourglass was his brainchild.
And Phantom Hourglass was the worst Zelda ever made barring the CD-i games.
>>
File: 1456004143098.gif (1 MB, 430x228) Image search: [Google]
1456004143098.gif
1 MB, 430x228
>>337074906
>Nintendo has no history what so ever of using bullshots

I always say it and i'm always right, Nintendo fans are the biggest cucks in the entire industry.

Not even CoD fans eat this much shit
>>
>>337079261
Spirit Tracks had 99 problems and everything about it was one, but Phantom Hourglass only had bad controls. That's it.

Everything else about the game would be off-putting only to a casual player.
>>
File: 749px-Chuchu.png (368 KB, 749x599) Image search: [Google]
749px-Chuchu.png
368 KB, 749x599
>>337079404
Your opinion is bad and the fact that you don't think OoT is the best GOAT only proves it.
>>
>>337079513
>Spirit Tracks
>worse than Phantom Hourglass
heh
>>
>>337079634
Considering you're actually defending the pile of garbage that is Phantom Hourglass, you don't have any room to talk about bad opinions.
>>
>>337079486
Please, show us examples of nintendo's long history of bullshots.
I'll wait.
>>
>>337079404
OoT is the GOAT
>>
>>337066881

Titan Souls
Link's Crossbow Training
>>
>>337079661
Spirit Tracks is so bad it's the only Zelda game I won't add back to my collection.

I consider it non-canon in every regard.
>>
>>337075340
Its literally 64 but slowed down and with terrible gimmciks

Its awful
>>
>>337079404
Kill yourself faggot ass waste of space.
>>
File: 1372802370899.jpg (42 KB, 278x377) Image search: [Google]
1372802370899.jpg
42 KB, 278x377
>>337066881
>confirmed to be as big as Kyoto city.
>>
File: 1449378594835.png (122 KB, 364x364) Image search: [Google]
1449378594835.png
122 KB, 364x364
>>337066881
>hyped as fudge
If there was ever a real shill post on 4chan, this is the one.
>>
>>337079965
It's amazing how Spirit Tracks managed to somewhat improve the controls of Phantom Hourglass yet still be worse in every other conceivable way. Phantom Hourglass was already bottom of the barrel and it's astounding how they managed to find a way to make it even worse.
>>
>>337079404
>And no, Ocarina is not the GOAT, not even close.

Found the memelenial.
>>
File: ahaha.jpg (23 KB, 480x472) Image search: [Google]
ahaha.jpg
23 KB, 480x472
>>337079965
>"is so bad it's the only Zelda game I won't add to my collection"
>but will add Phantom Hourglass
>when Spirit Tracks is a legitimate improvement in every single way
>>
>>337066881
I'm not going to play this game purely because it got pushed back again just so they can release it on nx. Nintendo is fucking all of its fans in the ass and I'm not bending over anymore
>>
>>337080167
Shut the hell up dumbass. I'm the guy he's responding to and he has a God given right to express himself in any manner he wants. The only waste of space are people like you who try to censor others because they hurt your retard fee-fees.
>>
This "Link" is the reincarnation of Zelda.

My dad works in Nintendo. Cleaning bathrooms.
>>
>>337080486
My uncle is Bill Trinen and I'm going to get him to fire your dad.
>>
>>337079810
It isn't. The original Zelda is the GOAT.

>>337080292
In all likelihood, you are a millennial yourself.
>>
File: Zelda 8^).png (807 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Zelda 8^).png
807 KB, 1024x1024
>>337080486
I can confirm this.
>>
>>337069721
It's the Biggoron's sword.
>>
File: 3794652134.jpg (801 KB, 2500x710) Image search: [Google]
3794652134.jpg
801 KB, 2500x710
>>337066881

You forgot:

>Unlike OoT at it's time, It looks like ass
>It's developed by neo-Nintendo
>It will probably end up being censored or dumb ed down to pander the kids
>Will be one of the easiest Zeldas with full,. unskipable tutorials
>>
>>337080838
Are you implying that the left doesn't look better?
>>
>>337080838
You forgot to label the right one 2012 and the left 2017.
>>
>>337074906
What is the point of a big open world to explore with nothing to do? This is going to fail in the exact same way Metal Gear did when it tried to go open world. Twilight Princess did world design the best, despite its flaws.
>>
>>337080746
I love how this "new" concept art is the same shit we saw in 2014.
>>
>>337069459
Nintendo will never do difficulty
>>
>>337081152
There's a Sheikah thingy now.
>>
>>337080838
Ocarina of Time looked like ass for a 1998 game.
>>
>>337066881
>There are grown "men" on this board that still like zelda?
please tell me what the appeal to this series is
if you've played OoT you've played every 3D zelda, and most likely every 3D zelda to come in the future. and that goes the same for LttP and 2D zelda.
the gameplay is fucking dull. combat is just pressing lock-on and mashing buttons, there is no sense of actual danger or challenge when fighting an enemy, and that goes double for any boss because once you find the gimmick its a fucking cakewalk, and the gimmick is always piss easy to find.
The puzzles in the game are also made for a 5 year old that anyone can solve, not to mention that most of them are just "clear all enemies to get key" or "shoot ominous eye on the opposite side of the door" to get item.
as far as story goes, its also nonexistent. Link is barely a self insert because you cant make any decisions, and his own personality is that of a block of wood. the grand lore is such a clusterfuck and generally so vague that there is barely anything to discuss.

now this new game could really do something completely different or just vastly improve on the set mechanics, but there is no way anyone should be hyped for this
>>
>>337081634
I wish I could explain why, because I don't really disagree with your points, but for some reason, it's just always been a series that I could pick up, play to completion and have a blast doing it.
I don't imagine "I just like it" is an acceptable answer?
>>
File: wild-horse-wallpaper[1].jpg (304 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
wild-horse-wallpaper[1].jpg
304 KB, 1600x1200
>>337079261
this is about as red as horses get, unless your name is Lu Bu
>>
>>337081634
>There are grown "men" on this board that play video games.
Let that sink in.
>>
>>337080478
Upboated :^)

Not him, but good on you though
>>
>>337082017
I know a few men I'd like to sink into me
>>
>>337066881
You would have to be the biggest cuck on the planet to believe their lies for the 1000th time. They say this about every single Zelda and the last two have been garbage (WW, SS). They cucked you with the Wii U and now they're fucking you with this games quality and release date because Aonuma is a HACK.
>>
File: Ganon_A_Link_to_the_Past.png (406 KB, 558x599) Image search: [Google]
Ganon_A_Link_to_the_Past.png
406 KB, 558x599
>>337081634
>if you've played OoT you've played every 3D zelda

For me that's the point. You can go back to the series like you go back to a record or a movie you like a lot. You can reflect on how the games are changing, and how they are trying (and failing) to capture new audiences.

Your post is almost entirely on point though.
>>
File: 1424591630985.png (95 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
1424591630985.png
95 KB, 500x430
>>337081634
a Zelda game is like a nice steak. It's not bold, or daring, you've cooked thousands of steaks and almost never fuck up, you know just how you like and that's how you make it. You have it with some fried vegetables and mashed potato,some modest seasoning, a tall glass of rum,

Maybe you're ravenous, maybe you take your time with it, but you never have to force yourself to keep eating.

Zelda promises a few days of colorful adventure and relaxed fun, and its cheaper than spending that many hours going to the cinema
>>
File: drag mod.png (149 KB, 500x261) Image search: [Google]
drag mod.png
149 KB, 500x261
>>337081096
the same thing we always do in Hyrule field. Hunt for skulltulas and heart pieces and other hidden grottos
>>
>hype

More like EXTREMELY skeptical. Nintendo's behavior the past couple of years warrants an incredibly critical eye. Unless they can totally blow everyone away with this, that won't be changing anytime soon.
>>
>>337082765
>you never have to force yourself to keep eating
Unless it's like TP or Skyward Sword, which is like having a super greasy appetizer beforehand or having some funky ass sauce on it that you aren't entirely sure that you like.
Fucking /v/, always with the food analogies.
>>
File: Link's_Crossbow_Training.jpg (94 KB, 256x364) Image search: [Google]
Link's_Crossbow_Training.jpg
94 KB, 256x364
>>337066881
>>
File: yup.gif (309 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
yup.gif
309 KB, 500x386
>>337080838
>It looks like ass
Cell shading is borderline timeless. ultrahigh detail textures look embarrassing within six years
>>
>>337082954
TP was good, Squidward Sword was the fuck up. It was burnt on the outside and cold on the inside
>>
>>337066881
I've never been as hyped for anything than I am for this game.
>>
>>337068473
That's not Epona, you get her later in the game just like how you get the Green Tunic later in the game
>>
>>337082765
think about it though, what was the last time you had fun with a zelda game? and by fun i mean the actual gameplay, not some character, or atmosphere, or feel.
when was the last time you felt proud of solving a puzzle in a dungeon?
when was the last time you felt proud after fighting a tough boss?
when was the last time fighting the random spawning enemies gave you a challenge and not just "well time to lock on and mash B"
at one point or another you're gonna realize that you've been playing basically the same game with updated graphics since OoT.
i get that its a beloved franchise that many people (including myself) grew up with. but aside from peacefully sailing on WW or riding epona on hyrule field, these games just become a chore in which you enter a dungeon/temple and say "holy fuck can i just get the boss key now?"
>>
File: 480px-LOZWW_Outset_Island.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
480px-LOZWW_Outset_Island.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>337083084
Like the only things that bug me in WW's visuals are the weird cone wave effect on the boat and these shitty pop up book looking trees on the top of Outset Island which still ends up looking kinda charming.
>>
>>337083084
I wasn't speaking about cell shading but art direction. It would look great with some dark contrast. I don't know, but Nintendo thinks everything looks good with oversaturated colors, excesive lighting and vaseline filter.
>>
>>337083391
>has Biggoron's sword but not Epona or his green tunic

Maybe it's a water tunic.
>>
>>337083181
Twilight Princess is good when you look past the shitty pacing*
>>
File: 1424932146689.png (87 KB, 656x1048) Image search: [Google]
1424932146689.png
87 KB, 656x1048
>>337083391
I was thinking that.
>>
>>337082858
Luckily we'll get an extended look of the game soon.
>''Here's the start screen, we named it that way because it's the screen where you press start *laughs*, in order for players to truly grasp the concept we added a flashing text that reads ''Press Start'', start is a button that can be found on the controller, players can also proceed pressing any other button despite this, this idea was pushed by Miyamoto who felt that players would anxiously want to start as soon as possible and might be tapping all the buttons! *laughs*.Implementing this led to some delays but we believe it was an important addition that will make for a better game. Here to tell us more about the start screen is one of our creative designers...''
>>
>>337083423
>what was the last time you had fun with a zelda game?
Hyrule Warriors, but that probably doesn't count. So the most recent would be a replay of Twilight Princess two years ago. Holy crap I'd forgotten how fun zipping around the beyblade dungeon was.
>>
>>337083481
>it would look great with some dark contrast
well that's what the day/night cycle and underground dungeons are for, I suppose
>>
File: zeldanx.png (160 KB, 513x352) Image search: [Google]
zeldanx.png
160 KB, 513x352
>>337083623
>>
>>337069003

"see that horse? You can ride it."
>>
>>337067127
Link between worlds was already a sequel...
>>
fun fact

This game has a longer development time than fucking The Witcher 3
>>
>>337084567
>Bigger game takes longer
>>
>>337084746

Hey

Nintendrone. I know you cant even afford a PS4 to play the game, but it's actually pretty big.
With a fuckton of voice acting.
The animation and graphical work is off the charts. All I've seen are bullshots and a gameplay video filmed off screen with a fuckton of framerate issues.

I can promise you this game will be smaller, likely wont have much voice acting, less content, etc. Shut up. The point is Nintendo needs to get over the whole "two people working on a game for six years is a good idea hue hue hue " thing they have going on
>>
File: 12434545353453456346.jpg (220 KB, 600x598) Image search: [Google]
12434545353453456346.jpg
220 KB, 600x598
G-guys.
What if the game turns out to be shit?
>>
>>337084925
I've played Witcher 3. everything that made Witcher 1 good was gone
>>
>>337083025
>archery
>crossbow
>>
>>337084942
Just like the other games?

I don't understand why people still care about this meme series.
>>
>>337084942
Wouldn't surprise many people I bet. Faith has been shaken.
>>
>>337084925
And this will be even bigger.
>>
File: 1398396876421.png (315 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1398396876421.png
315 KB, 350x350
>>337085238
>Games covering the screen
>>
>>337085238
I have the same Skullkid poster on my wall
>>
File: ....jpg (18 KB, 428x469) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
18 KB, 428x469
>>337068473
>>
>>337068473

Looks like they've been admiring Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Not that that's a bad thing.
>>
>>337070216
His horse was brown in the original trailer.
>>
>>337072972
>waggle controls
You were playing the game wrong
>>
>>337083623

Sounds like a showcase of No Man's Sky.
>>
File: 18j0yyebco7eqjpg.jpg (279 KB, 800x1092) Image search: [Google]
18j0yyebco7eqjpg.jpg
279 KB, 800x1092
>>337066881

It'll either be:

>far-off sequel to Minish Cap
>TLoZ: the Great Flood
>the real Zelda 3

discuss.
>>
Where do YOU FAGS think it'll go into the timeline?
Just after Skyward Sword?
After ALBW?
Before Ocarina?
>>
>>337086608
It'll take place before Skyward Sword of course.
>>
>>337086461
Well, swinging the Wiimote around to swing the sword just wasn't that fun to me.
Enemies just stood there and turned their weapons around and waited to be killed, and then they introduce those stupid Bokoblins with the electrified swords that punish you for fucking up this battle system that just decides not to work every once in a while.
To be fair, I loved how motion controls worked with the bow and beetle, and I thought the dungeon design was pretty solid, but I just don't think sword motion controls worked in favor of the game's design for the most part.
>>
>>337086731
Rebooting the original.
>>
>>337070216
Except none of that will happen and it's going to just be a fun gameplay focused adventure.
>>
>>337068473
>looks rotoscoped

hype = killed
>>
File: NewZeldatimeline.png (985 KB, 1118x1168) Image search: [Google]
NewZeldatimeline.png
985 KB, 1118x1168
>>337086608
>>337086731
;^)
Before Minish Cap or Hyrule 34 universe
>>
>>337087540
>female Link
>bad
>>
When will we have a game where link duel wields the four sword and the master sword?
>>
>>337081153
Twilight princess
Hero more
Ganondorf amiibo
>>
>>337066881
If it is good I will buy a Nintendo.

I would love another quality title from those nipon bastards .
>>
File: 1456512805210.jpg (54 KB, 843x616) Image search: [Google]
1456512805210.jpg
54 KB, 843x616
Post yfw the final title is "The Legend of Zelda for Wii U and NX"
>>
>>337088451

The NEW Legend of Zelda for Wii U and NX

:^)
>>
File: 0bb.gif (1 MB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
0bb.gif
1 MB, 500x368
>>337088658
>>
My dream: the open world game that shows the hacks in the industry how to make one that's good.
My expectation: Twilight Princess 2.0 (or OoT 3.0).
>>
File: 1453776983181.jpg (75 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1453776983181.jpg
75 KB, 400x300
>>337088451
>it's a not a remake or a reboot, but a reimagination of the original legend of Zelda :^)
>"it's dangerous to go alone, take this bow"
>"10th enemy has the bombchu"
>>
>>337066881
Speculation. The only thing really 'new' we've seen is bullet time when jumping off your horse which seems more a gimmick than anything.

>It's a Zelda game no less.
Yep.

>has as long a development time as Ocarina of Time now
Pretty much already finished, they just had to delay it so it'd line up with the NX launch.

>Nintendo saying it will change all conventions in gaming like Ocarina of Time
They've said this about every game since Wind Waker

See above

>confirmed to be as big as Kyoto city
Size comparisons like that always end in disaster. It's all about how you're able to move around the map, not how big it is

Anyway, it's gonna be shit. Aonuma is a fucking hack. MM3D confirmed this.
>>
>>337070216
This reminds me of all those faggots who make videos about Dark Souls lore.
>>
>>337090232
I bet you didn't even play MM3D.
>>
>>337090427
Got the figurine of Skull Kid from the SE sitting right on my shelf boyo.

I still loved it don't get me wrong. It's fucking Majora's Mask how couldn't I.

But the changes, the small, the big, and everything in-between, were all fucking stupid. Incomprehensibly stupid. Like "George Lucas coming in and ordering changes" tier stupid.

>Bank which was once in the West District, the Market District, is now under the Clock Tower for no damn reason
>Bosses which were all unique now have an obligatory eyeball that pops out of them that you have to hit to kill
>One of gaming's greatest swimming functions, the Zora Mask, is now gimped to hell and requires magic to actually use the decent swimming it provides

And many others. Just small changes that leave you baffled at how fucking stupid they are. The man has no idea what 'fun' is.
>>
File: 1429145200971.jpg (127 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1429145200971.jpg
127 KB, 480x480
>>337087540
>>
File: i expect nothing.jpg (63 KB, 561x401) Image search: [Google]
i expect nothing.jpg
63 KB, 561x401
>new link looks like a fuccboi, and not the good kind
>98% chance that any porn to come from this game will be Link being a faggot or cuckshit
>>
>>337091558
>98% chance that any porn to come from this game will be Link being a faggot
You say that like its a bad thing.
>>
>>337068085
>On contraire. I want them to show as much as possible so we can speculate on more sequence-breaks, overworld lore, story and secrets until the game comes out.

Cancerous trash
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.