[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He literally did nothing wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 24
File: file.png (992 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
file.png
992 KB, 1280x720
He literally did nothing wrong
>>
He was selfish.
>>
>can cure the fungus
>nah fuck that shit
>shoots up a hospital to get her back despite her wanting to cure it
>>
>>337066993
>can cure the fungus
but that's wrong
>>
>>337066852
Pretty much
Humanity was fucked either way
And I'm pretty sure the Clickers can exceed society far more efficiently than Mankind
>>
File: The Western Hideo Kojima.jpg (137 KB, 926x743) Image search: [Google]
The Western Hideo Kojima.jpg
137 KB, 926x743
>He's also a new father, which is proving more beneficial for his working life than you might imagine. On one hand, he's forced to spend more time with his virtual creations than with his own offspring, something his wife teasingly refers to as "marching off to war"; on the other, his new paternal emotions have afforded him crucial insight into the mindset of his characters. "All of a sudden I realized just how far I'd go to save my kid, things I've never ever thought about before. It's become a huge inspiration."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/staying-human-in-the-inhuman-world-of-the-last-of-us/1100-6403256/
>>
>>337066972
That is the whole fucking point of Joel. Tell me that if you were a dad, whether it was your real daughter or someone you came to look at as your daughter, you wouldn't do anything to keep her safe. Yes, he was selfish. But for the right reasons.

>>337066993

Besides, there was no way of knowing whether she could cure the fungus as seen from the tape you can find at the end. It's intentionally left ambiguous.
>>
>>337066993
>No way to know if there is a cure
>Tapes indicate previous attempts all failed
>Ellie wasn't aware the surgery would kill her

All damned good reasons for Joel to do what he did.
>>
File: 10 out of 10 ending.png (420 KB, 379x583) Image search: [Google]
10 out of 10 ending.png
420 KB, 379x583
Will she be in the sequel?
>>
>>337066852
Lisa did this better.
>>
all that work to get Ellie to the hospital and then you throw it away at the last second. that was easily the most disappointing ending of last gen. should have at least been a player choice. man devs really know how to fuck up their games with a shitty ending these days.
>>
>>337069351
>choosing to sacrifice a little girl to an orgnanization that, if they're even successful (they won't be), they'll just use the cure to their advantage and deny it to their enemies
>>
File: 1462666565511.webm (2 MB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
1462666565511.webm
2 MB, 940x529
>>337069301
She'll be back
>>
>>337069647
drake is a cuck who never won a fight in a cutscene ever.
>>
>>337069647
I know sonyggers get off on being abused but this is just comical
>>
Okay I'm not saying joel was right, but lets say theoretically they do make a cure. How the hell do they get that stuff around? Bandits everywhere are gonna try and steal it, the government wants them dead anyway. That shits only gonna help a small amount of people. Maybe thats better then nothing, but I doubt it would cure people already infected.
>>
>There are people
>in 2016
>who still think there were actually dozens of immune people because they misread Marlene's report
>>
I would have done what joel did I think. What's even the point of a cure, for every person who gets bit and lives there are a dozen who just get torn to shreds. Cool beans save 1 in 12 and I have to give up my daughterfu? Fuck that.
>>
So which country do you think was the first to be rendered 100 percent infected with no humans remaining?
>>
>>337069647
holy shit that's funny as fuck
>>
>>337069576
the point is that was the goal of the game from the very beginning, that was the reason you killed all of those infected people instead of just finding a quiet place to settle down like Bill's Town or with Tommy. all that effort, completely wasted. and anyway, it's what Ellie wanted to do.
>>
>>337069881
>There are people
>in 2016
>who still think Ellie was going to make a difference
>>
>>337070224
>pre-teen girls can't be wrong

Fuck that. Joel did the right thing.

Besides, the Fireflies were all fuck ups. They were just going to kill her and wind up with nothing, just like the others.
>>
The fireflies were terrorist assholes. Yes, the military does bad shit, but it's all for the greater good. They take food first because their guards need to keep their strength up. They have checkpoints and curfews to make sure no infected/fireflies are wandering around.

And it's not like the vaccine would solve anything. First off, how could they mass produce and spread it around? It can't solve food, water, or infected issues. Joel did a good thing, the future for humanity exists in the military QZ and communities like his brother's.

Not the fireflies.
>>
>>337070135
China
>>
>>337070386
there is no right or wrong in that situation, there is just what Ellie wants. it's her life so she gets to make the choice.
>>
>>337070595
>teenagers having any authority over themselves

Found the real life teenager. Get the fuck off my board, kiddo.
>>
>>337066972
>He was selfish.

Same could be said for those who murder innocent kids to find a cure. Not like there's ever a guarantee for a cure in the first place.
>>
>>337069647
Finally a realistic depiction of women.
>>
Protecting that smile is fine and all.
But why kill the people that could have found another way to fix everything?
>>
>>337070224
Yeah, here's the thing: Ellie dying wasn't part of the equation for Joel or Ellie, and Marlene tricks them into meeting up with the Fireflies.

While arguably the "right" thing to do would have been to let Ellie choose, Marlene took that choice from her. She wasn't going to wake her up and explain the risks and ask permission, she was just going to have her team crack open Ellie's skull to get to the dormant infection.

Dialogue makes it pretty clear that Marlene left this little bit of information out of it when talking to Joel at the end: Dying to maybe save a whole bunch of people is what she WOULD want, not what she wants, meaning Marlene can't say for sure. She never talked to Ellie about it.

Joel took Ellie's choice from her as well, but that was pretty much a given: The Fireflies weren't going to give her a choice, and they were willing to kill Joel to make it happen. The problem for the Fireflies is that Joel is much, much better about killing people to make things he wants to happen actually occur.
>>
>>337070651
i'm 25, you stupid nigger. and remember this game takes place in the post apocalypse, where there are no laws anymore.
>>
>>337071003
Marlene was crafty then, that's exactly what i would have done had i been in her shoes. and the Fireflies weren't going to kill Joel, Joel made the choice to engage them in combat.
>>
>>337071098
>lying about your age

No adult would respect a teenager's "choice" (don't forget she wasn't actually GIVEN one, read >>337071003) to end their life.

Now run along, kiddo. I'm sure there's some new call of duty title for you to go play.
>>
>>337066852
Is not that he did nothing wrong, what the ending is meant to say is that "He didn't do anything different than what he have done since the begginng"

If i can give credit to TLoU is for having really "human" characters and for the fact that they didn't go for the "Ellie sacrificing herself for humanity" or "Joel died to make humans look bad" i was geniuelly expecting Joel to die during that hospital escape and Ellie getting away somehow or both dying
>>
>>337071260
ah i must be older than you then. get off my lawn punk.
>>
>>337066852

>tricked into getting into bed with the Fireflies
>Marlene never tells him once their intentions for Ellie
>expects a one man army to just up and leave like a cuck when they announce to him they're keeping his daughteru
>>
File: Run Ellie Run.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Run Ellie Run.webm
2 MB, 900x506
Technically, couldn't they breed the immunity into her children?
>>
>>337068413
Of course the average sane person would do the same thing in his shoes, but that doesn't make it right
>>
>>337071527
Wich is why i liked him and i think the ending they got is perfect for the game

Joel got his happy ending even if it costed a chance for humanity to come up with a cure, that's what i like about this game, the characters feel like actual humans
>>
>>337071797
50/50 Anon
Also humanity can't wait any longer
>>
>>337071797
What do you think Joel is doing?
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 555x252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 555x252
>>337066852
the only people who would disagree are redditors and tumblrinas

joel did what any father would do for their daughter, end of story
>>
>>337066852
Except for killing all those people trying to make a cure.
>>
File: tess.png (51 KB, 226x371) Image search: [Google]
tess.png
51 KB, 226x371
>>337071221
Marlene knew Joel was going to object, and specifically made it a kill or be killed situation by telling the guy guarding Joel to kill him if he did anything but walk away.

I wouldn't exactly call Marlene crafty, though. If she was really smart, she would have realized that half-assing it with Joel was a terribly, terribly stupid decision.

Remember: She picked Joel and Tess as Ellie's protectors on the way to meet up with the Fireflies specifically because Joel is a big, tough, angry motherfucker. She knows he's a killer and knows he's very good at it. She witnessed some of it first hand, afterall.

If she was crafty but didn't want Joel to murderhobo his way through the hospital to save Ellie, she should have waited until the deed was done and then just lie about surgical complications rather than telling him the truth that it was going to be fatal in the first place then leaving him with a single guard.

At that point, Marlene planning to kill Ellie falls under the category of "suicide".
>>
>fucking over the whole human race in exchange of a little girl
Sound like /v/ alright
>>
File: 1459980187670.jpg (61 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
1459980187670.jpg
61 KB, 433x419
>vaccine
>fungus
>>
>>337072027

Even if a cure was possible, they couldn't mass produce one and then get it to many survivors. They'd probably just hold onto it themselves. Plus, it wouldn't solve the issues with food, water, current infected, and raiders.
>>
Why did Marlene even tell Joel what the plan was? He was about walk away from everything when she said they were going to kill Ellie.
>>
What exactly would a second Last of Us game ever be about?
>>
>>337072103
so you are just a joel fanboy then. he's nothing special, you must have played on one of the babby difficulties if you were able to murder your way through everything. it's a stealth game and if you play it on a real difficulty you have to sneak around like the drastically outnumbered sack of flesh and bone you really are.

not telling him that she was gonna die was crafty. maybe when she was at the hospital she expected the guards to actually do their jobs rather than get killed by an unarmed man for the sake of story progression and a cool cutscene.
>>
>>337072269
Either Ellie growing up and realizing the truth or the same setting but with a different cast for world building.
>>
>>337072269

Probably Joel or Ellie doing stuff for Joel's brother's community.
>>
File: mfwitstuesday.jpg (12 KB, 605x304) Image search: [Google]
mfwitstuesday.jpg
12 KB, 605x304
>>337066852

Remember folks, always act in your own best interest. Or at least, ''follow your heart." to make it sound more romantic.
>>
>>337072269
Joel protecting Tyrone and Ellie's baby
>>
Is the remastered version worth picking up if I haven't played it at all? I know the spoilers idgaf
>>
>>337066852
>Implying that the Fire Flies wouldn't have used the cure to gain political power and enforce their fascist agenda.

Joel did the right thing.
>>
>>337072215
She's stupidly honest. Maybe she felt he deserved to know, but... Well, that's why I called it suicidal up above.

>>337072027
>Except for killing all those people FAILING to make a cure

The Fireflies are retarded. The fungal infection is a problem, but at that point the problem is largely logistical in nature, rather than medical.

Even if you can find a cure for the infection, that doesn't change the fact a Clicker attack is likely going to be fatal and the means of contact for most people.

As long as humanity can outwait and outlasting the existing infected and the spore clouds they release upon death, it can focus on rebuilding. That's the big issue, not the infection itself.
>>
>>337072576
It lasts about 5 hours and 3 hours of that is really basic stealth.

If you can pick up a copy for like £15 it might be worth it
>>
>>337071003

I sort of get the feeling that Marlene had lost control of the fireflies by the time they got to Salt Lake City.

Her whole speech about it not being her choice probably wasn't bullshit. The fireflies had been destroyed under her leadership and she was probably looking at a mutiny if she vetoed the decision to destroy Ellie.

I also get the sense that Marlene really doesn't understand the science behind what these doctors are doing. That's why she she says 'the doctors tell me the infection in her body has somehow mutated'. She doesn't understand it, but she wants to believe they can pull it off.

As you see throughout the game, the Fireflies are basically a bunch of terrorists and hooligans surrounding a small core of semi-legit scientist types. Marlene is the military leader. She is not a scientist. She can be duped in scientific matters.

The Fireflies have no emotional attachment to Ellie whatsoever, and would gladly chop her up even if there was a barely better than 0 chance of it producing anything viable.

I do think Marlene's last line was weak though. 'Let me go' is something a rank and file goon would say.

Joel is the one who really didn't have a choice. We all knew what was about to happen as soon as Marlene told the guard to toss him out.

Fuck the Fireflies. They got what was coming to them.
>>
>>337071797
I think it would be much harder to replicate the mutation that happened in Ellie's body
In her case, the infection showed but the mutation didn't cause her to show the symptoms but it's very hard to say what caused it
It could be a gene, an environment mutation, an early exposure to the virus or the conditions she lived in
It's simply impossible to test all of that since there is only 1 known immune person
>>
Anyone else get the vibe that Ellie is going to grow up to be asexual?
>>
>>337072746
stop talking out your fucking ass

It's at least 10 hours if you rush through it
>>
>>337072215
I think one misconception a lot of people have is that Marlene knew anything about Joel's newly kindled father daughter relationship with Ellie. The Joel she knew was a heartless bastard that would do any job without a second thought. She probably figured that Joel would complete the job and walk away without a care about Ellie.
>>
TLoU is a shitty movie game about waist-high cover featuring shitty AI, but it's still ND's best story, and I'd probably watch someone play a sequel on Youtube.
All I had to contribute to the thread.
>>
>>337073028

>he never played TLOU on Grounded

top casul
>>
>>337072576
Yep. The main story is pretty fun, and the cover-based stealth gameplay is fairly enjoyable. Both the main story and the Left Behind DLC should last you about 20 hours if you play them on normal difficulty.

Online's probably dead by now, but if you can find a few matches it's pretty fun.

Well worth the $20-$30 you'll pay for it.
>>
File: 1462718749509.jpg (76 KB, 782x784) Image search: [Google]
1462718749509.jpg
76 KB, 782x784
>>337072938
Found the casual
>>
>>337073092
the game's fucking bullshit on that difficulty
>>
>>337072950
this

The last time she saw Joel he was breaking the arm of Robert in an ally.
>>
File: file.png (177 KB, 1203x306) Image search: [Google]
file.png
177 KB, 1203x306
>>337073185
faggot

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9997
>>
>>337073229

that was a lousy fucking cut

>shoots robert
>we need to find a firefly
>here's the boss firefly
>hurr where's robert i totally didn't hear those gunshots just now
>>
File: showdown.png (2 MB, 1619x714) Image search: [Google]
showdown.png
2 MB, 1619x714
Who would win?

I've got Joel in a fistfight and John in a gunfight
>>
File: 1417556306007.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1417556306007.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>337073323
http://www.speedrun.com/tlou
>>
>>337073495
desperate
>>
>>337073574
lol i cant actually believe youre disagreeing with me of all people
>>
>>337073495
why would
>>337072576
speedrun the game for his first playthrough you fucking moron?
>>
>>337073467
Sounds about right.
I doubt many people could take on John in a gunfight
>>
File: 1417662998156.gif (2 MB, 202x175) Image search: [Google]
1417662998156.gif
2 MB, 202x175
>>337073495

>Grounded
>3 hours
>>
File: 1423297088135.jpg (4 KB, 250x211) Image search: [Google]
1423297088135.jpg
4 KB, 250x211
>that fucking sewer section with Sam
>>
>>337072749
Pretty much what I figured, but still. Telling Joel was just stupid.

>>337072950
Note sure I buy that reading of the situation. As far as Marlene's concerned, Joel and Tess were only supposed to smuggle Ellie out of the city, and into the hands of a Firefly extraction team.

Joel spending a year getting Ellie to Salt Lake CIty was very far above and beyond the call of duty.
>>
>Pittsburgh on the ocean
>Wyoming as wet as the Cascades
>Giraffes surviving 20 Utah winters

this game was geographically retarded
>>
File: harrison.png (121 KB, 203x315) Image search: [Google]
harrison.png
121 KB, 203x315
>>337073854
>the high school escape on any difficulty above normal
>>
>>337074161

Giraffes are GOAT foragers, and they would have had no natural predators as adults. It's not inconceivable.
>>
>>337074587
my friend and i switched off on that bloater in the gym for about a week straight. shit was absurd
>>
File: he's my dad.png (1 MB, 798x741) Image search: [Google]
he's my dad.png
1 MB, 798x741
>>337069189
Did I do the right thing?
>>
File: Skinner reaction.jpg (22 KB, 324x299) Image search: [Google]
Skinner reaction.jpg
22 KB, 324x299
>people who use the tapes to justify joels actions

Joel decides to shoot up the school before he even finds the tapes so he'd already chosen to fucking kill everyone and save ellie regardless of whether it'd work or not
>>
File: click.gif (394 KB, 939x975) Image search: [Google]
click.gif
394 KB, 939x975
>>337066852
While I don't totally agree with what Joel did, I think the Fireflies dug their own grave with their approach of the situation.

If they wanted to go full pragmatic, they should have just killed Joel or dumped him somewhere without telling him what was going to be done with Ellie.

If they wanted to offer the illusion of choice, they should have sat both Joel and Ellie down and told them how important this was for humanity. Letting Ellie make the decision for herself, and mitigating Joel's willingness to drag her away from it.

As is, they didn't go far enough in either direction.
>>
>>337069101
Who?
>>
The fireflies were going to be destroyed with or without the cure. The remnants of old world government was too strong for the fireflies. Even if they had a cure, it would only fall into the hands of more powerful entities and be used as a tool for a new world order anyway.
>>
>>337066852
>Ellie states "it can't all be for nothing"
>no guarantee whatsoever that the fireflies can manufacture a cure
>even less chance they have the manpower and logistics to distribute the cure to the scattered and divided remnants of the human race
>infected outnumber humans by a huge factor, meaning immunity isn't going to do shit but delay the inevitable
>if the fungus could mutate to become benign, it could mutate to circumvent immunity
If Ellie had died, there's a significant chance that it would have been exactly as she said: all for nothing.

Joel did the right thing for misguided, selfish and arguably wrong reasons.
>>
>>337076052
As long as someone distributed it.
>>
>>337075181

>shoot up the school

the fuck are you one about m98
>>
>>337068413
>>337069081

Ok Joel, you can stop posting now.
>>
>>337075651
Nathan Drake's daughter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-ZImNY7N08
>>
>>337070976
"You would have just come after her"
>>
>le meme movie game complaint

I think the game is doing something right if it can spark this much discussion on a site like 4chan.
>>
>>337072269
Older, slower Joel with an early 20's Ellie. Maybe it would get into the post infection politics, with rival towns having wars, espionage. Perhaps it could have some very slight city building elements to it for what to do with his brothers town
>>
>>337076924

It's a good game m9. Don't let the trolls and tumblr fags ruin it for you
>>
>>337076967
City building would ruin it, but i agree that the story should remain on Joel and Ellie, it would be weird not to
>>
>>337071853
>>337071380
>>
File: Ellie.png (2 MB, 1069x728) Image search: [Google]
Ellie.png
2 MB, 1069x728
>>337072269
I could imagine Ellie heading out on her own for a while once she pieced together that Joel was lying to her.

Either for some soul searching, or to look for what's left of the Fireflies.
>>
If the game had given me the choice, I would have done the same
>>
File: 1462346748971.png (283 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1462346748971.png
283 KB, 480x480
>>337073128
Still okay the online portion everyday and always playing with new people.

As much as I enjoyed the single player, the multiplayer has been one of my favorites since the original socom days.
>>
>>337076712
Uncharted 4 would be perfect without the epilogue.
>>
File: Final_BB_and_Terra_pic.png (425 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Final_BB_and_Terra_pic.png
425 KB, 1280x720
>LET GO OF ME YOU CHICKENSHIT! VUAAAAWWWW!
>>
>>337074751
>>337074587
>Having trouble with that at all

Are you guys like complete scrubs? Abuse bricks you retards they give you 100 of them
>>
>>337066852
>killing fungus
Nigga you couldn't even if you wanted fucking planet overlords are the goddamn fungus
>>
>>337073229
That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.