[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one will be recognized as the "Definitive" version?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Zelda.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Zelda.jpg
171 KB, 1920x1080
Which one will be recognized as the "Definitive" version?
>>
I can't imagine either being significantly different.
>>
>ZeldAonuma
Who cares?
>>
>>337066761
Hard to say.

>>337066854
I don't anticipate there'll be a huge difference, but I also think they won't be identical and we'll be able to say "just get either, they're the same."
>>
>>337066761
I wonder if they'll mirror everything like they did in Twilight princess gc vs wii
>>
>>337066761
The other one
>>
>>337066761
NX, if it sells at all. That's really the gist of it. Given that Link is right handed in this game as well.
>>
This question can't be answered until we know more about the NX.

If it's more powerful than Wii U significantly, NX version will probably perform better with higher framerates or higher rendering resolution, etc. BUT if it has additional controller/interface gimmicks, it might be shit, since they'll almost surely be tacked on again as an afterthought. Wii was more powerful than GC, but not significantly so, and the Wii version of TP looked the same and was gimmicked to fuck. So the GC version was "definitive" there- the previous gen version.

please don't flip the world again.
>>
>>337067061
The ironic thing is that the GameCube version turned out to be the better version
>>
>>337066761
Likely the Zelda NX version, unless Nintendo really fucks up the NX controller.

I hope they don't pull a Skyward Sword and ruin a perfectly good game with some sort of shitty control scheme again.
>>
>>337066761
Depends, if NX is a weird underpowered hybrid then Wii U stands a chance, if NX is a decent console but lacks a second screen then Wii U might prove more practical but worse looking.
>>
>>337067312
Reminder that Link is right handed in Zelda U and you should be mildly concerned.
>>
>>337067282
>>337067257

I played the Gamecube version after the Wii version. I was honestly shocked at how much more playable and faithful it felt just with the map flipped and a proper controller.
>>
>>337067318
I don't wanna go back to single screen gaming

I love the gamepad too much
>>
>>337066761
Zelda Super NX 4K Enhanced Version in 10 years with special ocuuboâ„¢ ocular implant included to unlock an extra dungeon.
>>
>>337067448
Oh cmon, anon. The map orientation is totally arbitrary. Are you sure you weren't just pleased that Link was left handed again?
>>
>>337066761
NX, just like Wii was to TP.

UNLESS the NX is less powerful, or has some retarded gimmick when it's possible the gamepad usage on WiiU could make it better, kind of like how the GC controller was arguably a better experience.
>>
>>337066854
they'll give it the twilight prom queen treatment.

wii U version will go unsold and in 12yrs will be $60 again.
>>
>>337066761
At this point, I really think that the NX might turn out to be a portable with a glorified Vita tv version for home, which is why Nintendo is silent about it (since announcing the NX would hurt the still alive 3ds, not the dead Wii U). It also explains why they're fine with showing the Wii U version first. The NX version won't look significantly any better, and might even look worse in some aspects even in the home version.
>>
>>337067464
People like you really should just die
>>
>>337067590
>wii was the better TP
Shitty bait
>>
>>337067729
Well he will eventually, and so will you and I. Knowing that, why would you waste what precious little time you have wishing bad things on others for having different opinions than you?
>>
Do people not like TP Zelda? The motion controls worked fine unlike SS.
>>
>>337067715
I can't imagine the NX being more underpowered than the WiiU. Given how silent Nintendo has been about it, I'm imagining that the NX will be a beefy portable of some sort with a cradle with an HDMI cable for home use.

Get home, stick the thing on your charger, and now you can play the game you were playing on your TV.
>>
>>337066761
The version I'll be able to emulate, which is the Wii U version.
>>
Like Persona 5 on PS3/PS4 the new Zelda will preform better on the new, more powerful platform. But there will be people shouting MUH LEAD PLATFORM to justify getting the weaker one because they can't afford the other.
>>
>>337066761
As long as the NX doesn't have some dumbass gimmick and has a traditional controller, I imagine the NX version will be better.
>>
>>337067995
The motion controls were a tacked-on gimmick.
>>
File: 1431306594743.jpg (178 KB, 491x713) Image search: [Google]
1431306594743.jpg
178 KB, 491x713
>>337068289
>As long as the NX doesn't have some dumbass gimmick

please help

i cant stop laugh
>>
>>337068429
They were. I personally wasn't bothered that much by them, though. I liked aiming.
>>
>>337067954
I was being dramatic

I feel very strongly about how bad the Wii U Gamepad was, and how badly it ruined some games that would have actually turned out pretty good without it (SFZ is a great example)

I also resent the games that barely even used it (maps, inventory) yet still forced you to use it because they flat out didn't support the superior Pro controller. It's heavy and cumbersome compared to an ordinary controller and just not comfortable to hold

Finally, having to avert your gaze from the television to the gamepad (sometimes constantly such as in SFZ) is incredibly annoying an immersion breaking. It's an unnecessary distraction that is mechanically more difficult than the function it is designed to replace (such as hitting a simple button to bring up a menu, map, alternate camera angle, etc)
>>
Depends on whether or not the NX is some portable/console hybrid. I think the Wii U will be definitive though since NX is essentially a port with higher processing power (which I don't think they'll take advantage of because that would require more effort at the expense of pissing off wii u fans, there's no point).

Wii U version will have off screen play, optional tablet controller to view the map and access items, and gamepad gyro for aiming arrows. NX will have whatever gimmick it's got going on with rotating wheel triggers and possibly the ability to play the game anywhere you want. It also depends on if NX will be backwards compatible with Wii U (taking advantage of the gamepad/wiimote) but if the cartridge rumours are true, I'm thinking no.
>>
>>337067061
I thought they only did that to make Link right-handed
>>
File: download (1)-1.jpg (10 KB, 117x147) Image search: [Google]
download (1)-1.jpg
10 KB, 117x147
>>337067061
Was there really a purpose for that or was it only done for shits and giggles?
>>
>>337069073
Link is left handed unlike 90% of the world so they had to flop it so the wiimote and sword would be in the same hand.
>>
>>337069412
>>337068950
I can't decide if I want to call this extremely lazy or clever.
>>
>>337069567
Depends on how easy a mirrored world is to code without fucking up the interface. It could be ridiculously lazy.
>>
>>337068748
>muh immersion
ok time go to bed now timmy
>>
>>337067312
>I hope they don't pull a Skyward Sword and ruin a perfectly good game with some sort of shitty control scheme
Man the controls were the least of that game's problems
>>
It'll be a Smash Bros 4 situation. U will be the definitive, home console version. NX will be a portable version.

I imagine they will look and play identically. Smash 4 and Hyrule Warriors have already shown that Nintendo is interested in doing this kind of thing. They just need to make the visual effects look a little cleaner, and they'll be golden.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.