[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Team Fortress 3 Hypothetical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Team Fortress 3.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Team Fortress 3.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Lets talk hypothetically for a second, /v/

Lets imagine a reality where Overwatch was exactly the way it is, the only differences being

>The game is called Team Fortress 3
>The Team Fortress logo replaces all instances of the Overwatch logo (see pic related)
>Heroes are instead referred to as "Mercenaries"
>The game is developed by Valve
>The game is released on Steam
Everything else is EXACTLY the way it is

Would your opinion on the game change? Do you think you would have a bias for or against it?

How do you think /v/s opinion on the game would change?
>>
>>337062104
"A pile of shit by any other name would smell as pungent" - Bill Shake
>>
No, it still feels like a dumbed down TF2, and the shelf life of the game will be a lot shorter since people can't even create maps for the game. Hell, you can't even upload sprays.

Granted, it's fun to pick up and play for a few, but it's just not that good.
>>
That would imply they know what the concept of 3 is.
>>
>break up the backbone of the game, engineers, into 2 characters for no reason
>remove dispensers
>snipers are way strong now
>No actual shotguns (while you can consider roadhog's/musclebeard's main to be one it literally has no range, which tf2 did right enough)
>no ammo system
>press q to win
>characters and the setting are a million times more dull due to being inspired by shallow hero action movies

I'd be even madder if it was called a game from the TF series
>>
File: 1440892949845.gif (844 KB, 268x278) Image search: [Google]
1440892949845.gif
844 KB, 268x278
>>337062104
>tf3

Try tf 2.5

Red Team is is the old hat crazed mercs

Bul is the the tf classic team

Green is aliens

Yellow team is free space

screencap this
>>
TF2 has amazing asymmetrical balance

If OW was TF3 I'd be pissed.
>>
>>337063034
With the direction the comics are headed, I wouldn't be surprised if they overhaul tf2 and do this soon.
>>
>>337063303
These latest comics don't seem to have anything to do with the game itself. Sadly.
>>
>>337063447
Eh, maybe you are right.

I can't imagine them setting something huge in the comics up like that though, and then not tie it into the game at all
>>
>>337062104

It wouldn't work because even though team fortress 2 is very different from classic it still retains the core. Overwatch is too different from TF2, I really don't know why people compare them.
Overwatch has skills, TF2 doesn't, Overwatch has heroes rather than classes, TF2 only has classes.
They are both shooters and are both based around territorial control sort off. But other than that they are not that close.
I guess one could say that overwatch has an equivalent hero to some TF2 classes, like widowmaker and sniper, the dwarf and the engi etc, but even then they don't behave identical to their TF2 counterpart.
>>
>>337062104
It's shit

They removed rocket jumping
>>
I suppose I would rather have that than no TF3 at all.

Plus it means that I don't have to use fucking Battlenet.

So yea, I would be all for that universe
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.