[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch and the Sucess of Continual Updates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: overwatch_tracer.0.0.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
overwatch_tracer.0.0.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
Yes, yes, I know. This is like the 300th Overwatch thread, but it has somewhat to do with the games industry in general. Splatoon and Hitman 2016 have proven that games that launch with low content on launch only to be updated with more content later can totally work if the developers continue to update the game. Splatoon now easily has triple the content from it's launch last year, Hitman's second episode has been well received by the press and fans alike, but Overwatch stands out as a possibility of this. Do you think that Overwatch will continue to update their game, or do you think Blizzard will nickel and dime us ala Valve?
>>
You're gonna have to add a shitton of new characters and unique game modes to make it worth the asking price

Maybe in a year itll be worth it at 50% off
>>
>Splatoon now easily has triple the content from it's launch last year,

Too bad it sold like shit on release and dropped off at the same rate as any other game.

Had there been more content at release, it would've sold better while still maintaining the same dropoff rate.
>>
Kaplan said all new heroes and maps would be free but we'll see if that changes at all in the future. Personally I'd like more maps to get the focus instead of new heroes. Blizzard will also get tons of money if they go with selling loot boxes if people don't want to wait and level like Kaplan mentioned a few months back.
>>
>>337042148
Give it 2-3 months. Once the twitch girls stop playing the community will probably be dead, meaning why would they add new content
>>
File: 1353829651457.png (4 KB, 209x214) Image search: [Google]
1353829651457.png
4 KB, 209x214
>yfw Overwatch is $15 by the end of the year
>>
I mean it desperately needs updates.

Bastion & Torbjorn need complete reworks to be viable, Mercy needs a massive buff, Roadhog has a ton of gameplay bugs, Reinhardt only has 1 hard counter.
>>
>>337042618
>add map voting at the end of a round
>nobody would take shitty unbalanced ones which favor the attackers or defenders out of fear that they will be the opposite
All it takes to fix this shit before new maps roll out.
>>
blizzard still updates hots and diablo
>>
>>337042750
>Blizzard
>lowering the price
Nice meme.
>>
>>337042867
Mercy's ult is up 24/7 and charges when she is a healslut taking everything for her team on her knees. There's no need for a buff.
>>
>>337043025
And yet they have no information about the player count of HotS, probably because it's an embarrassingly low number, and the game only stays up because of a bunch of whales instead of an actual player base.
>>
File: 1459843419023.gif (437 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1459843419023.gif
437 KB, 320x240
>>337042148
>Yes, yes, I know. This is like the 300th Overwatch thread
I wish I could hate you to death.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.