[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your opinion on F-Zero does it still hold up? Or is it remembered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: F-Feelro.png (488 KB, 4096x3584) Image search: [Google]
F-Feelro.png
488 KB, 4096x3584
Your opinion on F-Zero

does it still hold up? Or is it remembered because of "funny punch man"
>>
it holds up
>>
>>337034247
of course it holds up idiot sage
>>
File: rad.png (144 KB, 375x299) Image search: [Google]
rad.png
144 KB, 375x299
Amazing series. Needs new game to be made by SEGA or Platnum
>>
>>337034247
recently got Fzero for the N64.

It's still a great game and plenty of fun. way better than Wipeout
>>
>>337034247

F-Zero holds the title of fastest racing game to date.

Even the SNES game is faster than most PS4 titles, and don't get me started on GX.

Fun fact, F-Zero X on the N64 ran at a solid 60 fps in an era where people truly believed the human eye can only see 30.
>>
>>337034247
It holds up. I prefer the Wipeout games. but yeah. F-Zero is still a badass racer.
>>
>>337034247
not that great especially after mario kart. single player is bullshit and no bonus to make up for mistakes and weird physics is super punishing.
Great soundtarck though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPDDrniSLw0
>>
>>337034775
It's a less casual game. It emphasizes picking good lines. Mario Kart, especially later games in the series is a lot of luck. F-zero is a pure skill series.
>>
Fun series, autists who get mad over CF being a le meme should fuck off. I only checked out the series because he was so fun in Melee.
>>
File: firestingray.jpg (125 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
firestingray.jpg
125 KB, 800x522
>>337034247

F-Zero was good even when Captain Falcon was "literally who" status.

I remember always seeing him and thinking "oh nice, a judge dredd rip-off" and passing him up for Samurai Goroh every time.

>fastest top speed

>driven by a alpha male and former samurai

>paint job that could have only been dreamed up in the radical 90's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMc0OIjb36Q

OUTTA MY WAY RUNT!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (205 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
205 KB, 1920x1080
>>337034247
I downlaod and replay X every once in a while, I tried GX but it doesnt feel as challenging and fast

red gazelle >>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else
>>
its msotly remembered as funny punch man

but Fzero X is the TITS
>>
Wipeout>Shitzero.
>>
FOREVER HE WILL BE MY HERO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L0pW3Eol6k
>>
>>337035916

sonygger imitation garbage has no place in this thread.
>>
>>337035916
Its future Mario Kart.
>>
GX is by far the best gamecube game ever.
>>
>>337035832

dat speed tho

sometimes it goes so fast it actually flies away from the track

also, i just received my snes copy of fzero this morning

it's gonna be a long night
>>
Being an F-Zero fan is kind of bittersweet. On one hand we won't get another F-Zero game that isn't a fucking minigame in a Nintendo land game. On the other there is literally no way they could ever top GX. Even and HD release will find some way to fuck it up.
>>
>>337037191

x>gx tho
>>
>>337037329
This tbqh
>>
>>337036246

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mwz-5RrdZA

I prefer the King Meteor for insane jump potential.
>>
>>337035832
F-Zero GX is the GOAT racing game, you should give it another try.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgXXHP8ROzo
>>
>>337034247
Literally a meme series.
>>
>>337037191

The years after Sega went 3rd party they had a lot of fluid capital to put toward their game production.

Gamecube era Sega was crazy good.
>>
>>337034247
What's F Zero?
>>
>>337036864
Skies of Arcadia Legends would like a word with you anon.
>>
>>337034247
>F-Zero SNES - Not great, is only memorable for starting the series and being a SNES launch title
>F-Zero X - Fucking based gameplay and silky 60fps, shame the track editor never came out beyond the 64DD
>F-Zero GX - God-like speeds and graphics, only let down by the shitty garage features (or lack thereof)

As for handheld spin-offs
>F-Zero Maximum Velocity - Kind of like the SNES version in that it's only memorable for being an early GBA game with decent mode 7
>F-Zero GP Legend - Is probably objectively shit but I really liked it
>F-Zero Climax - Is just GP Legend with a track editor if we're honest

>F-Zero Anime - Who greenlit this?

Overall, X and GX are the only truly great games in the series. I'm glad it's dead because let's face it, Neo-tendo will not be able to top N64-era EAD or Gamecube-era Amusement Vision
>>
File: captainfalcon.jpg (138 KB, 1358x764) Image search: [Google]
captainfalcon.jpg
138 KB, 1358x764
>>337034247
X > GX > Climax > SNES
>>
>>337039838
What we need is
>The gameplay and music of X
>The visuals and car creation of GX
>Track editor of Climax (or X expansion kit) and the anime character designs
>Some SNES fanwank to keep old-school fans happy
Put in online and you've got the best the series has ever had. Nintendo truly is retarded
>>
File: 1362453995893.jpg (82 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1362453995893.jpg
82 KB, 640x480
>>337041195

Nintendo stopped making videogames when the Wii first game out. Now all they do are gimicky shovelware built around bullshit controls and dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.

I honestly don't want to see a new F-Zero game, because unless the stars align and everything that could go right does, it'll just be a massive disappointment.
>>
File: y.gif (925 KB, 212x176) Image search: [Google]
y.gif
925 KB, 212x176
>>337041568
>F-Zero U
>Gamepad is used for rear-mirror, map and health bar
>Motion controls are the only way to do the spin attack and side-attack
>Track editor on the Gamepad but there's no efficient way of sharing them online or with friends
>Temp bans from the online for targetting players vehicles too often
>The single-player and Grand Prix modes have an 'easy' mode in which your machine cannot be destroyed. The hardest difficulty is about as hard as the normal in X
>Captain Falcon is literal meme punch man in the campaign mode
>Release packs of 3/4 Nintendo-themed vehicles every six months for 5 to 7 bucks a pack
>The Mute City and Big Blue are taken completely unchanged from Mario Kart U
JUST
>>
File: 37410565.jpg (2 MB, 2887x2420) Image search: [Google]
37410565.jpg
2 MB, 2887x2420
>>337042309

That's precisely why a new F-Zero game would suck 9 times out of 10. Hell, I remember reading somewhere that GX was going to have weapons in it like WipeOut or MarioKart at Nintendo's demand and the head of development had to fight with Nintendo's bean-counters until the last possible second to keep that from happening.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.