[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: praise.jpg (294 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
praise.jpg
294 KB, 600x600
How long will it take to beat if one has never played the game before?
>>
>>337027140
Honestly? 50-60 hours if you just play through the game "as intended."
Less if you use Summons everywhere.
More if you like to go it alone and mash your face against a brick wall.
>>
>>337027140
I have 60 hours logged and I've unlocked the final boss, just mopping up in the optional dragon faggot area.

I've spend 10-15 hours on pvp too, so its closer to 50 hours to finish all the single player content without rushing.
This is my first souls game too.
>>
Took me 40hrs and I've already 100% all previous titles.

>>337027265 is most likely the correct answer
>>
I'm 50 hours in and just reached Deacons of the Deep. How shit am I?
>>
>>337027140
I've played through all the Souls games, though I'm by no means particularly good at them, and 3 took me about 25 hours on my first run (I only missed Archdragon Peak and a few sidequests).
>>
>>337027659
Depends, did you reach Irithyll before going to Cathedral?
>>
Took me 20 hours after playing through 1 and 2 a bunch. DS1 took me 24 hours my first runthrough, DSII took me 20.

So for DSIII, I'd suspect it'll take you around 30 hours.
>>
>>337027779

Nope
>>
File: 9f6dc8be6213b08f[1].jpg (232 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
9f6dc8be6213b08f[1].jpg
232 KB, 800x600
>>
>>337028209
Then the answer is you're a 2 on a scale of 1-10.
Have you been using Summons or just soloing the game and doing everything you can find?
>>
Just get it cam jeez
>>
>>337028598

The latter, I summoned once for the Crystal Sage but that's it.
>>
>>337027140
1st Blind playthrough - Dex/Hex build - 21 Hours
2nd playthrough - Sorcerer - Left after 8 hours holt shit sorcery sucks
3rd playthrough - Pyromancer - Finished the game in 6 hours, pyromancy is OP
>>
About 50 hours if you're exploring and not using a guide.
>>
>>337028790
Then you're playing "hard mode" technically.
It's a good way to play, honestly.
After Deacons is arguably one of the WORST areas for people who take it slow and solo, but I'm sure you'll manage.
You're nearing your first Lord.
>>
I clocked in around 80 hours when I finished the game but at least a third of that was PVP shenanigans
>>
>>337028732

Dude I need to make an informed choice before dropping so much money on a single game. And no I'm not just going to read the steam reviews, 4chan is a lot more reliable, I'm not going to trust reviews provided by the platform selling the game.
>>
I have 100 hoirs in my 1st journey but im sure i just left it on or something... heh
>>
>>337027140
Took me 25 to beat the game, missed out on dragon peak. I did some PvP as well. It's very short
>>
>>337029064
Then mostly
>>337027265
If you've played the others and are REALLY good at them, then it'll be alot less overall, but if you have never played and finished a Souls game, that's very on par for a normal person.
"As intended" is basically "If you get stuck on something for 5+ lives, consider summoning a Gold/White Phantom to help you out, but otherwise, it's better to run about solo and occasionally join others for jolly co-operation/invasion."
>>
>>337027140
took me 25 with 5 hours dicking around in pvp and another 5 sunbro-ing.
Ive been playing souls since demons souls though so i'm pretty comfortable with the user interface and functions
>>
>>337027140
Soul games in general?

I'd say about 40 - 50 hours.

When used to soul games with focus on optional stuff about 30.
>>
In my first playthrough I explored everything, invaded, did most of the game solo (used NPC summons for a few bosses), and had 70 hours.
In my second playthrough I ran past everything to get to specific items, ganked bosses with multiple phantoms, and got to the final area in under 10 hours.
So it really depends.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.