[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is you favorite Overwatch hero? Mine is Zarya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10
File: image.png (2 MB, 1024x1821) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1024x1821
Which is you favorite Overwatch hero? Mine is Zarya
>>
Should have just been blonde.
>>
>>337023391
if only they fixed that hair and jaw
>>
Zarya is very fun and pretty good but she looks like an absolute mess.
>>
>>337023391
>pick her because nobody wants to pick a tank
>expect to have a shitty game
>turns out I'm fucking invincible and can actually kill stuff
>instant 2nd character
>the loadout is my bitch and I'm can't stop fucking bitches up
The best feeling, though, I playing premade with a Hanzo for the ace wombo combo.
>>
Junkrat

Not getting the game though
>>
File: ss (2016-05-09 at 05.56.09).jpg (3 KB, 64x67) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-05-09 at 05.56.09).jpg
3 KB, 64x67
it's
>>
File: pharah_presskit.png (3 MB, 2232x2880) Image search: [Google]
pharah_presskit.png
3 MB, 2232x2880
>>337023391
I wish Zarya had better alts. Stupid Siberian cold suit that's strictly worse than Mei's, and trash tier punk shit. Also it would be nice if her colors changed her hair color. Can be pretty underwhelming to play, too. Overall pretty nice, but not main material.

My favorite is Pharah. Gets countered hard by some heroes, but has a great design, nice colors, good alts. Flying around destroying people with them rockets is top tier. Amazing how long you can remain airborne, and how infrequently most people look up.
>>
>>337024582
As a Pharah main there's nothing as painful as spectating that retard who picked her first and spends most of the time on the ground.
>>
>>337023901
>pick her because nobody wants to pick a tank
>expect to have a shitty game
So far, so good.

>turns out I'm fucking invincible and can actually kill stuff
She's the lowest HP tank in the game, though, isn't she? And her shield only lasts 2 seconds. She can actually kill stuff, granted, if you're good about using your self-shield as well as the ally shield, and they're absorbing hits. She's not great at doing either tanking or damage dealing, so it can be hard to fit her in a team.

>instant 2nd character
At least you had the presence of mind to call her a 2nd character. Can't give much shit for that. She's fun, but is nowhere near 1st pick material.

>the loadout is my bitch and I'm can't stop fucking bitches up
Not sure what this means, but apparently you did well, congrats. Can be hard to tell if you're actually contributing, though, vs just sweeping 10 damage across everyone with your laser beam, since eliminations are both kills and assists. But again, as mentioned, her damage can become respectable.
>>
>>337023391
someone post THAT pic
>>
Her with a bingus? I have it.
>>
>>337025474
Her shield is fantastic, it gives you damage, so the enemy has to stop attacking or else they go down with you.
Not having a lot of health is remedied with her shield and knowing where the health pick ups are.
She's my 2nd character because I prefer to play offensive, but on defense, she's great.
I mean I rule the loadout, because people cannot stop me unless the whole team comes to get me.
Zarya is very good, if a noob like me can change the course of games with her, that means she is pretty nice.
>>
>>337025018
Yeah not sure what some people are thinking. The game isn't even out yet and has only been in open beta for a few days, granted, but it only takes 5 minutes to get a handle of her intended playstyle. Her obvious wings and any previous game experience using explosives, where you want to rain down from above, or at least at feet, also helps make it clear.

Maybe they had just been grounded by a Widowmaker or Bastion, though. Depending on circumstances, getting countered by heroes like that in open areas is grounds for changing heroes, not changing playstyle, though. Pharah can deal with those characters sometimes, with some cover, and shorter ranges, but maps like the second part of Ilios are hell on Pharah.
>>
>>337025474
She is never meant to be as a main tank. I play her as a bruiser. Depending on the other teams load out it's always best to have Zarya off tank with Reinhardt or Roadhog.
>>
>>337024159
high
>>
>>337026646
MY BOY BUT THE BROTHER IS HEAVY
>>
>>337026145
>Her shield is fantastic, it gives you damage, so the enemy has to stop attacking or else they go down with you.
But I mean, you've just described a situation where, best case, you're dying WITH the enemy. And you've omitted, but inadvertently described the anti-scenario, where no one hits your shield and you just pester them with a laser-pointer. I'd rather play a character who 1. doesn't die and 2. is consistently useful.

>Not having a lot of health is remedied with her shield and knowing where the health pick ups are.
Her shield isn't as strong as other tanks' shields, though. And anyone can use health packs; other tanks more effectively, too, since they'll be recovering more health with the pickup.

>Zarya is very good, if a noob like me can change the course of games with her, that means she is pretty nice.
I find it hard to believe that a Zarya is changing the course of games. But, like most heroes, teamwork is key. A good ult with an AoE damage dealer to back you up can be devastating. Maybe I'm just stuck on the fact that another choice would be much better than Zarya -- generally Reinhardt is strictly better for whatever you want to be doing with Zarya. Zarya is definitely more fun that being an annoying little shit holding right mouse button all game for a Bastion or whatever, though.
>>
>>337026315
>I play her as a bruiser.
Yeah, this is basically my idea of her, though I haven't been conveying that in the thread I suppose.

She doesn't solve any team needs, really, she can just fit well on a team that's already balanced and receptive to slight style changes. Zarya doesn't replace a "legitimate" tank, nor does she replace a damage dealer, defender, or utility hero. A team is frequently better off without her, but she's my guilty pleasure.
>>
>>337023532
Fuck off
>>
File: Zarya_midnight.jpg (225 KB, 913x1316) Image search: [Google]
Zarya_midnight.jpg
225 KB, 913x1316
>>337023532
Blonde would definitely look better on some of her alternate colors, like Midnight.
>>
>>337027634
Exactly, I find she works best if the the other team are playing heavy aoe damage. Basically she helps out the main tank while still offering some damage and support with her shields. Now the key use of her shield is to pop it as soon as some heavy damage is incoming. Even if the shot deals more damage than the shield itself the shield still mitigates that entire shot.
>>
>>337026646
-unnghh!
>>
File: DVa Hair.jpg (299 KB, 1587x792) Image search: [Google]
DVa Hair.jpg
299 KB, 1587x792
>>337028416
Example of another hero's hair color change really bringing the skin together.

Granted, Zarya changes her hair color in her cyberpunk/industrial alternate skins, but those are imagination-void husks not worth mentioning unless it is to highlight how underwhelming they are.
>>
>>337023391
Are you a boy or a girl?
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with Zarya's hair
>>
File: 1462758746834.jpg (345 KB, 1024x1821) Image search: [Google]
1462758746834.jpg
345 KB, 1024x1821
>>337023391
Zarya is mine too, OP!
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 1280x732) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 1280x732
Soldier: 76 is best husbando
>>
File: Zarya_Casual.jpg (65 KB, 520x727) Image search: [Google]
Zarya_Casual.jpg
65 KB, 520x727
>>337029363
Zarya only takes the D, doesn't give it.

Unless you mean defense. In that case, I suppose you could say that she gives the D.
>>
>>337029312
Just make her hair blond or change the style to something feminine. Make it fucking brunette or red! Make it green just anything but that dam pink! Just a skin for fuck sakes.
>>
File: Hanzo_portrait.png (389 KB, 579x669) Image search: [Google]
Hanzo_portrait.png
389 KB, 579x669
>>337029662
I respect your opinion, but it is simply awful and should be remedied immediately.
>>
>>337029797
Pink isn't bad on her primary blue, at least. I don't have anything against pink, categorically. But her alternates definitely suffer from a lack of variety.
>>
>>337026786
GAVE UP ALL MY POSSESSIONS AND MOVED INTO A CHEVY
>>
>>337029528
>Upgraded version.jpg
>>
>>337029797
>not liking pink

You're gayest gay ever.
>>
>>337029662
That's not Roadhog.
>>
>>337029930
VAN, YEAH THAT'S THE MASTER PLAN
>>
File: LiterallyMe.png (66 KB, 384x434) Image search: [Google]
LiterallyMe.png
66 KB, 384x434
>>337023391

身を捨てても、名利は捨てず
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.