[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To those who quit gaming...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
When and what was the final straw /v/?
>>
>quitting video games

Casual.
>>
>>336977810

Why would you ask this here of all places?

Everyone here is an addict.
>>
>that kid who dumps all his shit in my store for a couple hundred dollars because he "grew up"

Neat see you in 8 months.
>>
>>336978608
>>336978230
>being this new
/v/ doesn't fucking play video games, newfriends.
>>
Mei players in Overwatch
>>
>>336977810
I quit a couple years ago. It was right after Bioshock Infinite came out. I beat it and was left with this empty feeling inside. At that time I was in college and got more into /fa/ and /mu/.

Fast forward a couple years. I picked up a ps4 cause bloodborne and I was itching to get back into it gaming. Loved bloodborne and a couple other games I've played over the past year. I'm somewhat back into it now, but it'll never be as much fun as it was back when I was a teenager and couch co-oping with friends every weekend.
>>
fuck off
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 320x320
>expecting someone that legit stopped to post here
>>
>>336978705
Nah he didn't grow up.

He just found some slut that might suck his dick if he takes her out to some over priced dinner only to either simply be told no or just have her fuck jamal a week later, get pregnant and post about it on twitter about how progressive she. He won't even have video games to comfort him while he mulls over what a stupid ass decision he's made.

And that's how gay guys are made.
>>
>>336977810
When every company decided I wasn't the target audience anymore. I'd love to play games but none of them are fun anymore.
>>
>>336977810
I'm in the process of quitting smoking. does that count?

I don't know if I'm making the right decision or not.
>>
>>336979285
What made you hate women so much?

Is it the fact that they won't sleep with you?
>>
>>336980443
I quit a month ago after 3 failed attempts. I smoked for 11 years. Quitting has been worth it. Flat out quit nicotine, no mouth fedoras or dip.
>>
>>336981513
>Thinks i just hate women
You'd be a fool not hate everyone in general really.
>>
>>336980369
Starting to feel this to be honest. Luckily there's a ton of games of the past I've yet to play. At the rate I get things done I'll be set for years while the world moves on without me.
>>
I e come to the realization that if I really want to achieve things in my life, I have to put old habits and hobbies behind me. I'm not giving up gaming but I'm going to do it a lot less.
>>
>>336981550
Having a cigarette on the breaks throughout the 10 hour shifts, or breaking up your day-off routine by going out on the front porch and lighting up just to relax, how did you get over missing that? does the feeling just go away?
>>
File: 1441078962388.jpg (61 KB, 631x846) Image search: [Google]
1441078962388.jpg
61 KB, 631x846
>>336983342
>how did you get over missing that?
pic related
>does the feeling just go away?
I think from 6-12 months is when it's pretty much gone. I still get the urge at least 3 or 4 times a day.
>>
>>336977810
Im not there yet but Im getting close.

Devs dont want to make interesting or fun games. They want to make political statements. They dont want to tell interesting stories with fascinating characters. They want to portray what they think the world should be and adhere to philosophies that only they agree with. And if they dont do that they just make shitty cashcows.

Slowly and slowly Im just not excited for that many games anymore. Ive already fallen back onto just relieing on niche audience games and occasionally buying maybe 1 or 2 AAA games a year. I can already tell soon I just wont be playing games at all.
>>
>>336982562
So edgy. So deep
>>
>>336981513
Vapid cunts who would pressure a man to do something like selling all elements of his hobby deserve nothing but hatred. Respectable girlfriends and lovers will let anybody pursue what they love, as long as they get reasonable attention. If this faggot didn't need to sell his video games, he wouldn't. If HE, however, was retarded enough to assume it was necessary, he deserves to get cucked.
>>
I was playing Destiny last May and my PS4 randomly ejected my disk. I sat there in silence and just stared at the disk. I got up and didn't touch the PS4 again for months until The old hunters dlc for bloodborne. I played that for two weeks, and then didn't touch my PS4 again for months until Dark Souls 3 release. I recently beat that, and have no plans on touching it again until either the DLC or FFXV.
for some reason I just don't care about vidya anymore tbqh.
>>
Souls games always brings me back.
>>
>>336977810
>neo blizzard
>neo square
>neo /v/

Pick three.
>>
>>336984329
>Ive already fallen back onto just relieing on niche audience games and occasionally buying maybe 1 or 2 AAA games a year.

You are a complete and utter retard. The only games worth even the slightest inklet of a shit are niche games. Buying AAA garbage is literally paying money for cashcows and "wide audience" sellers. The only reason they are AAA and why they survive as AAA is BECAUSE they are shallow, thoughtless money-makers. If a game could be a proper AAA title AND somehow appeal to a fanbase who genuinely want intricacy and depth from their franchise, they still fall under a niche, only one that is heavily advertised. You deserve your lost cash and negative perspective on gaming.
>>
>>336977810
i felt this way for a while after mgsv but i since went back to play ground zeroes and then played through tpp again
been playing it regularly ever since, it actually works pretty well as a game to just jump into every now and then much like peacewalker

though maybe im just a fanboy in denial after a brief moment of clarity
>>
When I realized that /v/ is basically a marketing hub. It opened my eyes to the fact that making good games is no longer the focus of developers, its marketing. A big turd could break sales records if its marketed well, so they save money on development at the cost of quality and churn out hyped up dog shit that will always sale.

I still post here but a lot of the time its a real chore shuffling through all of the blatant shill posts from Blizzard.
>>
I go through droughts between games where I can't get into anything at all, then suddenly I get sucked into something else

This has been a particularly long one, though. The whole Zelda getting delayed thing was particularly depressing too

I think I'm probably just depressed
>>
I never have completely stopped but I saw a massive drop in time spent playing video games after:

>I realized Skyrim was shallow garbage
>the entirety of Mass Effect 3
>what happened to KotOR with the ToR MMO
>launch Diablo 3 was trash
>launch Destiny was trash
>the industry began focusing on always-online games and consoles with a requirement to connect to a central server
>Megamans corpse was unforgivably defiled with the mobile pay-to-win "fuck you"that was Megaman X-Over
>Konami became a pachinko company, also
>Konami killing off Silent Hills

It's pretty much been disappointment after disappointment and now I find myself hardly playing anything except Diablo 3 RoS with my little cousin
>>
>>336984705
Jesus, did a AAA game dev rape you as a child or some shit? Calm down autist. The only AAA shit Ive bought since last year was Witcher 3, CoH2, Wolfenstein and MGSV because I genuinely like those franchises. And while the influence of mass marketing was felt I still enjoyed them.
>>
>>336977810
I had been slowly losing interest since 2005 or so, but have completely quit as of 2015. I'd say 2010 was the real year I could point to and say things went to complete shit. Things like Nintendo going full retard, the Blizzard-Activision merger, the explosion of mobile "gaming" getting its filthy tendrils into the hardcore market, AAA series like CoD and Ass creed dabbling in yearly installments, and just a general lack of fun games.

I can also lay some of the blame on PC elitists/graphicswhores. Having the best graphics is nice, but the barriers to entry this has created for upstarts means we keep getting the same stale games with better graphics over and over again. The costs and development time required to make a good-looking game by today's standards are astronomical, and we pay with sacrifices to gameplay.
>>
>>336985060
>The industry is trash but I still bought and play D3

Otter cries while eating watermelon but can't stop.

>in b4 hurr D3 is good now
>>
>>336984902
>all these fucking overwatch threads
>I could not be less interested even if someone dipped it in liquid shit
I just don't get it. It's basically no different from a fucking MOBA, and it's not even F2P
>>
>>336985208
It's not my copy, it's my cousin's. But I still don't defend the game, it's hot shit. I only play it with him because it's one of the only ways he'll spend time with me.
>>
>>336985393
Suck his dick. It's time better spent.
>>
I'm considering substantially cutting back in favor of working on projects in engineering/electronics/programming along with music because its important for my success. Havent been playing much lately anyway.
>>
>>336985235
Its kind of surreal once you start noticing them. /v/ is basically Blizzard's bitch.
>>
File: c4jt321.png (310 KB, 580x282) Image search: [Google]
c4jt321.png
310 KB, 580x282
>>336977810
The final straw was when games like Uncharted 4 and MGSV started getting nearly perfect 10s.

I didn't quit gaming, but I did more or less quit the current gen. There is just nothing salvageable about it. It is in fact so fucking horrible everyone else is also bailing early for new hardware already, so don't even tell me this is "just my opinion". Things are so bad we can't even finish a gen now: let that sink in.

While everyone is buying Sony's new PS4.5 or wtfever, once again just for the bragging rights that they got the newest console tech, I'll probably go back to searching for PS1 and Saturn gems I missed.
>>
>>336984329
I'm with you man.

Outside of fighting games, I'm lucky if I find 3 games worth buying in a year.

>>336984520
Best friend of mine in middle school had this shit happen to him. He was so thirsty for ass, he even stopped hanging out with me at the beginning of high school.

Eight years later, he broke up with her, and we hang out again.

>>336984705
Nah, Your the retard. AAA games used to be good in the late 90s-00s when they were still new. There are still a few worth playing (GTA, Witcher, Deus Ex, ect), but they are few and far between.

>>336985924
>tfw I'm not buying overwatch
Feels good. Only FPS I need is the new UT game, and I don't even need to pay for it.
>>
>>336978995
This, familia. Me and my best friends occasionally play some Battlefront or Mario Kart to recapture the glory days from time to time and it's so much fun. But it doesn't happen very often and it isn't the same.
>>
File: oh yeah.jpg (191 KB, 849x941) Image search: [Google]
oh yeah.jpg
191 KB, 849x941
>>336977810
I was honestly thinking on quit gaming since most games i have played in a year have been a tremendous despoilment after another, not only that but I'm having little to no time to play vidya since apparently, even though i try my best to not get in trouble, i have to deal with my family's troubles all the fucking time. I miss my time alone in Japan.

After many years filled with downs and no ups vidya is all i have right now that gives me some pleasure but even that is kinda jeopardized in my life since my dad haven't made the most retarded decision in the world to get a fight with our best internet provider(one that he wasn't even paying for) and now i have the shitiest internet connection ever, which makes playing online impossible and downloading games a fucking chore(it took almost 3 days to download sleeping dogs on my ps4),even posting on 4chan takes forever.
>>
>>336985976
thats what i did, i'm trying to play shit that i was never interested before, like persona 4, and im having a blast.
>>
>>336978608
>/v/ playing videogames
>>
>>336977810
Sometimes I spend months not playing vidya, but during that time I look up vidya news and what's new. I know someone who was into video games and I swear, now he hates gaming, doesn't even touch a controller, leaves the room when we play any game. He doesn't talk about this, but I think since he's a jobless 30-years old man he blames games for ruining his life.
>>
>>336977810
I just got bored. It was time to grow up
>>
>>336977810
I got a boyfriend and he's been more interesting than most of the games that have been released recently. Usually I just watch him play instead of actually playing myself. I'm usually too tired after work to want to do anything but cuddle anyway.
>>
>>336977810
I didn't quit them per say, but fuck there are maybe 2 games a year that interest me at least, maybe 1 that I actually end up enjoying at most. They don't make them like they used to. Everything is either big production or early access indie shit with very few inbetweeners. Those few end up being games like hotline Miami, Lisa, undertale, etc. Shit that only needs like 3 people working on them and are made in fucking game maker of all things.
>>
>Everyone itt who doesn't like games anymore only played western shit

Found your problem
>>
i've been playing video games since i was 4, im 23 now. i literally cannot fathom a life without video games since they've been in my life for so long. the idea of someone quitting video games for good baffles me since i know deep down i never will be able to since they're so ingrained into who i am now.
>>
File: It just works.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
It just works.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>336977810
The acceptance of micro transactions in single-player games.
>>
Got a job and live alone.
Come home tired, fap, cook, laundry, shower, clean, etc. Sometimes spend on dates tryng not to be forever alone. its more relaxing to watch movies or lets plays and such. Playing a game demands focus, energy, money and more time.

Also my old pals are not around so there is no more 'go,over to friends house and share games, play together, watch each other play, show easter eggs, glitches etc' . So the social element of it is gone.

This era also just has way too many games
>>
>>336986010
>Eight years later, he broke up with her, and we hang out again.
>Eight years later
>we hang out again
Sounds like you're the pathetic one here.
>>
>>336989780
>Playing a game demands focus, energy, money and more time.

Fag.
>>
What the fuck is gaming? You meant playing games?
>>
>>336980443
>I don't know if I'm making the right decision or not.

Quitting that horrible invention will fucking save your life, anon.
Why did you even start smoking to begin with?
>>
File: 1391472532706.gif (874 KB, 320x192) Image search: [Google]
1391472532706.gif
874 KB, 320x192
Dota2
>>
File: review scales.png (94 KB, 780x602) Image search: [Google]
review scales.png
94 KB, 780x602
>>336977810
I haven't yet, but I've gamed significantly less than I used to. I just play Sm4sh-3DS in my spare time (or with friends), occasionally some fighting/shootan/racan with my bro, go back to TF2/Source mapping every blue moon, and enjoy comfy-time in modded TES/Fallout some nights.

Used to go at it in FPS's online all the time, nowadays I just don't feel it.

I think coming here too often ruined me. I got jaded with knowledge and expectations to the point I just act pessimistically about any "new" games that are just more military shooters, sandboxes, on-disc DLC's, false-advertisement E3 promos and skinner boxes. I almost get more fun just talking shit about it, or at least discussing neater "what ifs" or funposting.

At most, VR sounds really neat (minus the Facebook shit with Oculus), but otherwise everything's just too damn slow.
>>
FFXV, The last guardian, Persona 5, Kingdom hearts 3 and Ni no kuni 2 will be my last console games before I call it quits.

Planescape tides of numenera will be my last PC game.
I think these games releasing in the same year and maybe next year is a pretty clear sign
>>
If you ever actually quit videogames you never really loved them in the first place. You're just a casual tard that finally fucked off so that the rest of us don't have to deal with your shitty opinions.
>>
File: 1454616945863.jpg (221 KB, 1070x723) Image search: [Google]
1454616945863.jpg
221 KB, 1070x723
I just find most games out or something that will come out to look uninteresting. The games that potentially do pique my interest and do play just leave me with an ok to meh feeling. I just cant seem to find games as fun like when I was younger. I get the urge to play games sometimes but its not really fun to me and it feels like im forcing myself to play games because ive done it for so long.
>>
File: 1454583159719.jpg (56 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1454583159719.jpg
56 KB, 722x349
>>336985976
Pretty much this, casuals and normies took over so I'm just going to play better, older games until that well runs dry.
>>
File: 1454477671942.gif (3 MB, 220x212) Image search: [Google]
1454477671942.gif
3 MB, 220x212
>>336985235
>It's basically no different from a fucking MOBA
>>
>Get a gf after being a virgin all my life
>Thought I finally accomplished something with my miserable self
>Going great for months
>She has many hobbies I have and we're not uncomfortable with being explicit with our conversations
>Finally decide to move in together
>Bring my entire collection of crap I built over the years even MLP stuff for nostalgic factor and because I'm a shameless person.
>She tells me "no" and we have to give up some things to make room
>"Okay" and sell %70 of my garbage off soon after
>Keep anime paraphernalia still
>Over time she tells me how inappropriate my boob mousepad is for guests
>Takes down old posters I had from when I was a kid
>Slowly lose all my stuff
>Finally gets to the point where I can't even watch cartoons on my own paid Netflix/Hulu accounts and she keeps putting shitty reality TV and live-action crap
>Society tells me this is normal and good for you
>Feel more miserable than when I was a loner, hermit NEET

Is there any sort of winning in this world?
>>
>>336977810
>videogames
>/v/

pick one faggot
>>
>26
>never had a gf
>got fat
I think it's time to change my life around
>>
File: Normal fags.jpg (281 KB, 1200x1520) Image search: [Google]
Normal fags.jpg
281 KB, 1200x1520
>>336977810
I got a full time Job and started watching anime
>>
I don't plan on quitting video games, quitting the normalfag life would be first if I will ever have one after I graduate, there's always more games in backlog than I have time for even if 0 decent games come out from now on
>>
>>336991895
not him but you will realize this once you get a job
I worked 10 hours a day during the summer and didn't want to play games at all when I got home
>>
>>336996840
You don't let women control any part of your life.

Once you let them have control, they take and take.

Women are literally encoded to listen to authority more than men are.

You fucked up with this one though, so move on, and don't let her control the relationship next time.
>>
>>336996840
Should have retained independence and pooled your mana instead of wasting it on some normie
>>
>>336996840
you and I are the same my man

now I haven't been sleeping for the past week or two since I only have peace at extreme late hours when she goes to bed. She used to complain about me staying late but now she doesn't even bother anymore. It's the worst. I'm so sorry you fell for this trap as well. I hope your GF is hot to make up for some of it.

I pay for everything, including her job, help with her family bills, and I get to buy shit like every 2 months that's never over 50$ since I have to save money for bills. Welcome to die.
>>
>>336997128
you either tread the straight and narrow or live long enough to see yourself become the melonpan
>>
i'm probably getting there, i have basically zero interest in anything released or announced in the last few years and the only games i actually could play for extended periods went to shit anyway.

not sure what i'm supposed to do with such a loaded steam account, considering i haven't touched it half a year.
>>
>>336981513
Lifetime of rejection
>>
File: 14583827373311.jpg (72 KB, 446x293) Image search: [Google]
14583827373311.jpg
72 KB, 446x293
>>336984512
Just because something is edgy doesn't make it incorrect.
Its edgy to say that killing all Muslims would decrease terrorist attacks and suicide bombings but its not false.
>>
File: 1435472971333.jpg (76 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1435472971333.jpg
76 KB, 480x640
>>336977810
Maybe about two or so years ago I stopped buying new games regularly and just began playing old ones. Occasionally something on Steam or 3DS catches my interest, but console gaming is dead and hopeless as shit.

Really, the industry is stagnant and devotes too much time to finding new ways to extract money from their ever-growing player bases. Hype and mediocrity has become the norm in the wake. I feel like the bar gets lowered every year, so I figure I might as well get my jollies off on some other hobby. /ck/ and /p/ endeavors have been very rewarding and far more worth the money I've spent doing them.
>>
File: 1391990530521.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1391990530521.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
I'm not going to quit gaming anytime soon. These days I play moroe games than ever before, from pretty much every kind of genre that just catches my eye.

Video games are an hobby to me. They bring me enjoyment. They are not a way to escape cruel reality or something, they are just fun to play. I dont see myself quitting games because there is always something fun to play, be it old or new.

Also to note, I havent bought/pirated a single game from Activision, EA or Ubisoft in the last six or so years. I tend to steer away from AAA releases in general, yet I STILL find so many games to play I actually cant keep up. I wonder if there is a connection there, since everyone in the thread is complaining about AAA going to shit.
>>
>>336977810
I quit competitive gaming when SOCOM 3/CA servers shut down CSGO is just not the same but it's still fun.
>>
File: 1420876596894.png (34 KB, 700x471) Image search: [Google]
1420876596894.png
34 KB, 700x471
>>336996840
>>
I've completely given up on AAA games for the most part (Souls games being the exception) and I play a lot of Amateur games.
>>
>>336997925
>Souls games being the exception
damn son, really?
>>
>>336996840
>>336997332
>making your gf someone who doesn't respect your hobbies
How someone can be this fucking retarded is beyond me
>>
some of my friends stopped because they were in a rut
>>
File: 1441032973664.jpg (106 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1441032973664.jpg
106 KB, 919x720
>>336998225
Yes.
I'm not saying it to sound hardcore or whatever, they're just the only ones I know I'll like since they at least have some effort put into making them rewarding and punishing at the same time (2 notwithstanding).

I mainly assemble Model Kits to pass the time these days.
>>
>>336995743
Let me guess, you're 20 years old at most and your favourite game is something pre-2000 most probably. You also constantly lie on the internet about your age, maybe throw in a wife and a kid to spice things up. Fuck off, you modern -gaming hating autist, just because you were a retarded kid with a head full of air back then doesn't mean the quality of games has lessened one bit, it's just that now you're slightly less retarded
>>
>>336998815
You are wrong on all accounts.
>>
>>336997831
fuck you

you are the most digusting kind of person fucking ever

fucking christ i hope you choke in your own shit
>>
>these anons in miserable relationships where they made you get rid of what you loved

I'm so sorry. Nobody deserves that.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-06+at+01.13.59).png (26 KB, 703x192) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-06+at+01.13.59).png
26 KB, 703x192
I'll quit if Persona 5 is bad.
>>
File: unnamed-11.jpg (150 KB, 561x514) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-11.jpg
150 KB, 561x514
Bioshock Infinite killed me. Watching the trailers and just the premise of being able to do these pretty balling abilities but having to use them sparing because they hurt Elizabeth, the horse scene. I am dead inside

Burial at Sea was aight
>>
File: 1445664085198.png (257 KB, 703x705) Image search: [Google]
1445664085198.png
257 KB, 703x705
>>336998815
I'll humor you with a (you).

24 and my favorite games are ps2 era
>>
>>336977810
The final straw was when the GTX 970 was shown to only have 3.5 GB of real memory.
>>
fuck i need to stop browsing 4chan.. its really making me hate video games rather than play them. fuck u niggas i enjoy skyrim ,,|,,
>>
File: 1425615527217.png (60 KB, 922x882) Image search: [Google]
1425615527217.png
60 KB, 922x882
>>336999107
Almost makes me happy that all the girls I've been with didn't do that shit. I still have all my games from growing up, my wife's son loves them.
>>
>>336977810
I did quit for like a year a couple of years ago. Just watched a shitton of movies during that time.

Then I started playing japanese video games and my love for gaming returned. Seriously, it's like I'm 10 years old again and I'm excited for at least 4 games per year, all of them being japanese. Good thing that more and more jap devs are starting to port their games to PC, otherwise those poor "master race" bastards wouldn't have anything to play other than LOL and Counter Strike.
>>
>>336977810
I finally became an adult and mgs v happened.
>>
File: Enoch2.png (20 KB, 209x136) Image search: [Google]
Enoch2.png
20 KB, 209x136
>having gf's
>having any voluntary human interactions outside of the internet
Fucking Normalfags
>>
>>336999107
Why would even date someone who doesn't really like you and pull out the shit like that?
What's the point?
You can hate women all you want, but honestly reading stories like that makes me dislike the guys for being this pathetic and spineless
>>
File: 1426526332634.gif (2 MB, 235x180) Image search: [Google]
1426526332634.gif
2 MB, 235x180
>>336999493
You'll develop social skills eventually anon, don't worry.
>>

i had no time.

then after i had time i had no interest seeing gaming became shit show all remasters,online paid play, LoL dota and mobile.

Thou i still check /v/ and maybe will buy ps4 if Crash Bandicoot is real.

then sell immediatly
>>
>>336978705
>buying games

Lmao
>>
File: bz.gif (935 KB, 200x154) Image search: [Google]
bz.gif
935 KB, 200x154
ITT: people who played nothing but western AAA trash and got burned.

You faggots got noone to blame but yourselves.
>>
>>336999493
>gf's
>'s

I fucking hate americans, why do you all have to drop out from highschool?
>>
>>336999592
Tell me again what the value of your amiibos and Hatsune dolls are worth again
>>
>>336999545
Nah dude. If someone hasn't developed any social skills well into his 20's then he's fucked permanently.
>>
>>336981550
How did you do it?

I want to quit but I work in service so the only breaks I get are if I go for a smoke.

I just feel shit after cigarettes now. Slightly anxious and nauseous, but I can't stop.
>>
File: sad furoggu.jpg (40 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
sad furoggu.jpg
40 KB, 399x388
>>336977810
>quitting gaming

it's by far the cheapest form of entertainment you can get on how much you get out of it. try going out every weekend and see how much you spend. then realize you're staring at a wall when you get back home on work days because nothing else really does it for you.
>>
File: yasunawasawasa.jpg (121 KB, 1015x651) Image search: [Google]
yasunawasawasa.jpg
121 KB, 1015x651
>>336999261
There is no going back. The seed of doubt has been planted-- you'll always look back fondly on the games you've loved up until now, but the future of gaming is bleak and hopeless because the focus has turned to spectacle/reaping large investments rather than gameplay/overall design.

And it really is-- that isn't cynicism speaking there. Gaming is just following in modern popular entertainment's footsteps in becoming just as much of a high-dollar shitfest of AAA crap just as cinema has become a CGI-ridden capeshit dump.

Broadway is stooping to the lowest common denominator with shows like Spiderman and Hamilton, I haven't read a good book in years, and fuck if I would even consider watching TV.

Modern popular entertainment is overblown, soulless tripe and is only getting worse. At least I still have hiking and nature to give me a sense of awe and adventure.
>>
>>336999757
I know, but it isn't in my heart to tell a grown man in his 30's that he is going to die alone
>>
>>336999710
Why are you so butthurt that he called out the shittiness of western AAA games? Does the entire medium depend on these titles?
>>
>>336999152
>my favorite games are ps2 era
I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>336999792
>try going out every weekend and see how much you spend. then realize you're staring at a wall when you get back home on work days because nothing else really does it for you.

Ouch. This one hit hard.
>>
File: yourhobbydieswithyou4.jpg (2 MB, 2879x2752) Image search: [Google]
yourhobbydieswithyou4.jpg
2 MB, 2879x2752
>>336977810
There's quite a lot of reasons to do so now.
>>
>>336999849
If we are talking about Nip games, then yes, yes it fucking does.
>>
>>336999850
I feel sorry for (you)
>>
File: 1456725543932.jpg (117 KB, 1000x1327) Image search: [Google]
1456725543932.jpg
117 KB, 1000x1327
I feel like for the last 5 years i have to spend alot of time looking for games i'm interested in, now those series are starting to hit their 3-4th installment and are stale as fuck.

i've tried to cope with this over the last 5 years with dota and cs;go and a plethora of other cheap steam games. sure i hit a really good game maybe once every year or two but other then that i have nothing but dissapoints to look forward to.

fast forward to now, i'm buying new games constantly and i don't know why, x-com 2 great game got bored of it after two weeks and am waiting for dlc to hit for it.

sfv: hahaha you fucked this one up bad capcom. just when you left my shitbook.

Darksouls 3: THE LAST MIYAZAKI SOULS GAME BRO I HAD TO HAVE IT/PLAY IT.

and now i'm eye balling overwatch...Pls help i'm binge gaming these for like 1-2 weeks straight then playing something else.
>>
File: 1441079083870.jpg (21 KB, 325x320) Image search: [Google]
1441079083870.jpg
21 KB, 325x320
>>336999783
>>
>>336977810

When xbone tried drm bullshit so i got ps4 but thats only got bb and ps3 hd remakes
>>
File: 1425861278663.gif (994 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1425861278663.gif
994 KB, 500x500
>>336999849
I just realized you said titles, and not titties. Disregard this I sucks cocks
>>
File: sun.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
sun.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>>336999545
You can keep your fucking social skills normalfag, I don't want them.
Besides it would take too many SSRI's.

>>336999656
You Yuropoors with your "everyone who makes a mistake is an american we're perfect never mind the millions of Muslims leeching off our welfare that we WILLINGLY let in" are always good for a chuckle.
>>
>>336999710
Nice projecting brah. I haven't bought any Nintendo products since the GBA. I just emulated their shit.

PS2, PS3 and PC for me. I buy random shit off ebay, psn and steam for cheap and I'm happy. Played lots of good games and even stumbled upon a few great ones completely by accident this way.

People just don't buy random shit these days. They always base their opinions on internet reviews and don't bother to actually give anything a chance.
>>
File: 1462625980137.jpg (52 KB, 498x541) Image search: [Google]
1462625980137.jpg
52 KB, 498x541
>>336977810
Because pushing political agendas on the demographic of video games, which is nearly all kids, is shameful to say the least. The kikes running these companies are a disgrace, make fun games, stop warping young minds into believing utter nonsense
>>
File: 9rLSxIP.jpg (670 KB, 1920x1476) Image search: [Google]
9rLSxIP.jpg
670 KB, 1920x1476
>>336999815
>capeshit
HOLY FUCK CAN IT BE OVER YET? HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU MAKE THE SAME FUCKING MOVIE IN ONE YEAR?
>>
I didn't have a final straw I just realized I wasn't enjoying myself anymore.

I'm not sure why I still come here because I've never enjoyed /v/.
>>
never quit, I just don;t play anything because there's nothing to play.

Have you seen the releases? Pure shit. Someone, please tell me a good game released in the past week or the next one.
>>
Started in 1992 when I was 6. Still gaming all the time. The industry hasn't changed, it was never magical and always about money. There were good and shitty games then and there are good and shitty games now.
>>
>>337000041
Same guy, and I honestly agree with you on the opinion part. Why it is so hard to just form your own opinion of whether you like a game or not based on playing it is beyond me. Only argument is that people don't want to spend $60 on something they might hate.
>>
>>337000019
>SSRI's
Apostrophes are used for possessives, not plurals.
>>
>>337000118
As many times as people continue to break records paying for it.

Capeshit is probably about to be replaced with Star Wars/Space adventure shit with the rate they'll be pumping out movies. Either way, it's going to be the same predictable, formulaic shit.
>>
>>337000191
I did it on purpose that time, it was correct before the yuropoor replied.
>>
>>337000172
>Only argument is that people don't want to spend $60 on something they might hate.

That's what psn and steam sales are for. Seriously, games have never been cheaper and gaming's been around for 50 years now. There's ALWAYS something to play, why people can't just wait a couple of months and buy the game at at least 50% discount is beyond me. You see /v/ bitch about its backlogs all the time but these shitheads have to always pirate the newest overmarketed trash. I don't know why, to shitpost and feel like a part of a group I guess.
>>
>Games costing near 100$ CAD
>Most games don't have the sense of adventure that got me into the hobby in the first place
>Friends quit everything except for LoL and occasional blizzard game

But the biggest one for me is the shit heap Nintendo has turned into
>>
>>337000551

games have been cheaper...steam use to have better sales...

With their new sales system they have a really hard time competing at that 10-15 price range that console games were going for second hand in 7th gen (last console gen i played)
>>
>>336997680
Dag nab it he's right
>>
>>336977810
No good games coming out
>>
File: love.jpg (128 KB, 432x1200) Image search: [Google]
love.jpg
128 KB, 432x1200
>>337000697
Of course I'm right, I'm unrefined and edgy.
>>
File: image.png (45 KB, 264x341) Image search: [Google]
image.png
45 KB, 264x341
I'm on the breaking point.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 happened and then it all went downhill from there.
>Nintendo started producing garbage
>Sony just kept on making movies
>Microsoft's momentum just stopped
>market now ruled by indie garbage, legit rehashes, and political agendas
>nothing is fun anymore
I think what really cements it is how I walk into campus and everyone's either playing Rehash Souls or Gungeon.
Once upon a time, the games I watched people play around me were a mixed bag of fighters, JRPGs, racers, platformers, and the like. Everything was different, everything was exciting, 95% of the game wasn't some godawful dull tones or perpetual darkness.
The only thing that keeps me in this savage market is Namco. I really want to like God Eater so I don't have to quit, I want to believe vidya can still be fun.
>>
>>337000920
>Nintendo started producing garbage
What?
>>
>>337000681
It's still pretty fucking cheap compared to pricepoints in the 90's. Also you can still emulate, download abandonware or buy cheap games second hand for your old consoles.

That's what I love about YT channels like MetalJesusRocks, PeteDorr or ClassicGameRoom. They cover lots of games, both popular and obscure, and every time I watch their videos I see at least one game that makes me think "hey, this looks interesting, let me check ebay. Oh it's pretty cheap, fuck it, let me order that shit right now. If it's good, great, if it's bad, well it's only 10 bucks".
>>
File: what_did_she_mean_by_this.jpg (152 KB, 443x1200) Image search: [Google]
what_did_she_mean_by_this.jpg
152 KB, 443x1200
>>337001014
He personally doesn't like it therefore they make bad games and are a blight on the industry
>>
>>336979285
>tfw found slut
>tfw she's chill, no coalburner, faithful
>tfw I spend the weekend playing witcher 3 and unloading cum in her various holes
>tfw i'm 28

I got tired of vidya a few years ago, then built me a gaming rig and got back to it. If you think drinking, fighting and pulling one nighters with syphilistic skanks is a better hobby than vidya, youre literally retarded.

Oh, I also own a gun, do boxing, go to the gym and love the outdoors. I know many gamers, and none of them are the no gf, virgin, obese, NEET meme-tier fucks. A lot of /v/ is exactly that, though.
>>
File: a.jpg (93 KB, 400x622) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
93 KB, 400x622
>>337000118
>tfw the only good Punisher movie was straight-to-dvd

Bummer, he's the only comic book character I enjoy.
>>
I didn't stop, I still play retrogames and some new games, but surely the feeling towards new games had changed.
Things that mostly annoyed me are:
>Metroid killed twice with other m and federation force
>the last of us is the best game ever meme
>skyrim is the best game ever meme
>flavor of the month is the best game ever meme
>paper mario raped
>megaman deader than death itself
>castlevania pachinko
>resident evil turned to shit
>golden sun is dead
>final fantasy is dead
>nintendo went full retard
>wii u, ps4 and xboxone are utter trash
>>
>>337000920
That sums it up nicely. There was plenty of variety and fresh ideas, and big-ticket games felt complete and cohesive. As games moved away from their purer elements and began merging genres (mostly X with RPG/grinding elements to pad length), things began getting dull and repetitive.

>>337001014
Nintendo has been producing mostly nothing but straight garbage save a few rare gems for close to a decade now. The Wii was single-handledly one of the worst things to happen to gaming, next to smart phones.
>>
>>336984902
I'm so glad that not as paranoid as you
>>
If everyone actually is the age they're claiming itt then there's no explanation for /v/'s horrible state. If you are in your mid-late 20's and you act like literal children on the internet then you all must be severely, heavily and irreparably autistic.
>>
I only play Doom.wads and Dominions. Can't really stomach modern vidya anymore.
>>
>>337001448
>/v/
>severely, heavily and irreparably autistic

Sounds about right, I am not sure why you didnt realize it sooner.
>>
>>337001491
>Dominions

The game (4) looked really interesting to me but also rather intimidating. I am glad I braced myself and took the step since its really entertaining game. Cant say I am any good at it but the sheer amount of choices you can do is really well done.
>>
>>336999792
I'd say reading is considering #bookz and bookzz.
>>
File: fullscreen running bear grab.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
fullscreen running bear grab.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>336977810
r.i.p.
>>
File: leave 4chan now.png (443 KB, 800x1182) Image search: [Google]
leave 4chan now.png
443 KB, 800x1182
Overwatch. Not because it's bad or anything.

I knew I was pretty bad at video games. I always got over competitive over even the most casually of competitive games. Overwatch is really reminding me how many years I've wasted my life on these fucking things with next to nothing to show for it. You'd think I'd be decent at them by now, you'd think I'd have fun with them. Not even winning a game feels fun anymore.
>>
>>337001636
I'm a super long time player but I enjoy how flexible it is to play multiplayer with the PBEM format. Can't really marathon vidya lime I used too and I quickly start feeling bored if I can't make any logical progression.
>>
>>337001119
>being a normalfag

see you 10 years, don't forget to pull out fast or it's alimony for you goy
>>
>>336996840
For some reason girls are always attracted to me because they think they can change me. I'm just really content with my life and for reasons I don't understand at all, that makes girls want to date me. A few months into a relationship they try to change everything I do and I don't do it and then they get upset.
>>
>>336977810
I haven't quit but holy shit I'm not playing fucking anything right now.
I have a Wii U and it's shit.
I wanted a PS4 but everything runs like shit on it apperently. Then Neo start happening so I have to wait.
So I wanted a PS3 to hold me over as I never had one and again hear that a lot of games run like shit on it.
I never even fucking knew "frame rate" existed before I came to this shithole now my autism won't let me enjoy video games anymore. (new ones, old ones still gud).

If FF XV on Neo isn't rock solid 30fps all the time and Cidney uncensored I'm never playing anything beyond 5th gen ever again.
>>
File: my life.png (61 KB, 342x245) Image search: [Google]
my life.png
61 KB, 342x245
>>336996840
I'm a 22 year old kissless virgin and if in a mythical situation where i could be in a relationship and have endless sex with the most attractive woman in the world but had to give up vidya i wouldn't take it.

how do you even get into a situation where giving up your (i'm assuming) most enjoyable hobby remotely seems like a good idea?

surely if a girl is actively denying (or attempting to deny) you from doing harmless stuff that you enjoy it's a sign that she's not worth it?
>>
>>336977810
Haven't quit yet but will probably stop buying new games after Persona 5
>>
>>337001862

I think by their very nature online only games foster very toxic communties.

a true competitive player like yourself should never burden himself with a team, ragers autists and emotional children makes any online game a chore without friends (which for some reason i can never seem to find a fucking group).
>>
>>337002223
>rock solid meme

you are the problem here, please go to neogaf
>>
>>336977810
Addiction to CSGO, I almost bought skins and realised that I'm spending many hours a week playing a game I dislike and wanting to spend more money on it.
>>
File: 1442081576930.jpg (20 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1442081576930.jpg
20 KB, 240x240
>>336978705
>>
File: IMG_4157.png (3 MB, 1076x1105) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4157.png
3 MB, 1076x1105
>>336977810
>When and what was the final straw /v/?

4chan and /v/ were the final straw. You guys made me hate games.
>>
>>337002240
You have no experience so there's no way you'd understand. It's happened to me before on a much lesser level than these other anons. Best way I can describe it is you don't even realize it's happening until one day it all hits you. But like I said I don't think you're gonna understand, just know that it's different when you're the one actually in a relationship. Not trying to be a dick either, just how it is.
>>
>>337002404
>like yourself should never burden himself with a team, ragers autists and emotional children

You do realize you can just choose to ignore in the banter that is going on, right? Are you autistic or something, do you need your safe space, you fucking millenial retard?
>>
>>337002471
I wanted to avoid using words that could be spun into memes.
All I wanted to say is I want stable 30fps, that doesn't dip with the only real expection being when there is a huge clusterfuck in-game. I haven't play the platnium demo but the game still had frame rate issues and I don't want them there. Fucking grafix whoring has gone too far.
>>
>>337002591
No, you made yourself hate games.
>>
>>337002591
Please don't post virusdonutman
>>
>>337002404
What the fuck is the point of being a "true competitive player" if in reality I'm actually dog shit at video games.

I have wasted years pursuing his pathetic hobby. When I stopped I and pursued women to lose my virginity and assume a normalfag life, it didn't make me any happier.

I need to die before I get any older.
>>
>>337002635
i mean there's a difference between simply less time for vidya due to the relationship, which is perfectly understandable.

it's when you see horror stories about blokes who let the women tell them what they can/can't do or spend their money that I wonder how they can be complacent with their life.

i don't intend to come across as being against relationships, most of them are probably healthy ones but it's the extreme cases where people are unhappy and yet they stay in the relationship for reasons i can't understand (unless it's for a kid of course).
>>
>>337001119

Friend, you need to tell me something.
How do you even meet women ?
No kidding, I live in the middle of nowhere and it takes 12 hours a day to get to work, work and get back and I don't have female co-workers. I literally never meet females.
>>
File: 1458625423284.gif (716 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1458625423284.gif
716 KB, 512x512
>Tfw friend got a gf and he dosn't hang out with us anymore and keeps going dude pussy lmao everytime we talk.

Fucking videogames
>>
>>336996840

>Find a girlfriend
>She a complete turboweeb who detests casuals and people with entry level tastes
>Don't have to give up any of my mecha-related junk
>Has her own collection of weeb figures

Should have searched harder, mate.
>>
>>337002769
How do I stop doing this?
Because video games aren't the only thing this happened with and I don't know why I keep starting to hate shit on my own.
>>
>>337003173
Stop being depressed.
>>
>>337001862
Well you mention the one game where skill matters the least. Of course victory is unsatisfying when it does not reflect your efforts.

As for not having anything to show for it after years, that's how most hobbies work. Those that don't require sacrifice and discipline, kind of the opposite of what you play vidya for.
>>
>>337003117
Not him but friends of friends of friends. Basically get yourself a big ol' social circle going. I met my girl (No REEEE pls) by hanging out with one of my druggie mates while he went to go see his girlfriend, she had a sister (Who was not a druggie).

>>337003132
You watch, in a few months or years he'll be complaining about his lack of freedom.
>>
>>337002906
Yeah a lot of times they don't realize it's happening. I'm basing all this off my two long time friends, one who got married at 20 and one who's still dating his highschool gf. And my own experience to a much lesser degree. With both of them they gave up their "childish" hobbies like vidya because they thought they were making a genuine effort to be more responsible and grown up in their relationship. They probably felt good for awhile but both got fucking depressed after realizing spending time with your wife/gf 24/7 doesn't stay as exciting as they thought it would. Then they realized how much of their own enjoyment and pleasure they missed out on but they're also in long term committed relationships so just breaking up isn't that simple. It's not always the woman's fault, sometimes guys can be spineless or make misguided judgment calls and then the woman doesn't even know how much he's giving up.
>>
>>337003173
>>337003257
Basically what he said about the depression. People will tell you you can fix your depression by fixing your life, sometimes you can and sometimes you can't. I tried getting fit, got a job, became a normie and it fucking sucked, now I'm back to being NEET because I've accepted being bitter. There is hope, sure, but you have to chase it till you don't realize you're chasing it any more.
>>
>>337003361
>tfw 24 and engaged
>Girlfriend does absolutely nothing wrong
>Hate the relationship because I feel like my pessimistic lifestyle is killing her will to live
>>
>>337003504
I don't know which side I'm on. (Fix depression to fix life or the other way around).
Everytime I try to fix life I give up at some point. Never thought of it as depression though. Because how would I know I had it? I can still laugh, there is shit that makes me happy.
>>
>>337003257
>tfw only games I find fun and worth playing are pick up and play games like Mario Kart and Smash
>also I enjoy and hate that I post and lurk 4chan too much
>suddenly i find enjoyment in walking and looking at terrible and good art in galleries

I can't tell if I'm depressed or not.
>>
>>337003574
yeah you're fucked if you don't make an attitude adjustment
>>
>>336981513
>What made you hate women so much? Is it the fact that they won't sleep with you?

Yes.
>>
File: Disgruntled Fox.jpg (50 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Disgruntled Fox.jpg
50 KB, 640x640
>>337003361
>tfw all my gaming friends have 'grown out' of vidya
>tfw my interests haven't changed since i was like 12 years old

i'm not sure to feel
>>
>>337003743
Depression doesnt mean you can never laugh or be happy about anything. Its an actual disease that is way more subtle and devious than you might think. Therapists/Doctors have methods in determining if you have depression, even what scale of depression it is. You really should consider meeting up with a professional. It wont hurt you and if you are actually diagnosed with depression, it can be treated and that can only make your life better.
>>
>>337003743
People often confuse depression with complete lack of emotion, or more only being able to feel one emotion. I'm depressed, it started off as crippling misery and anxiety, it dulled down over the years to the point where I'm aware of it but too mentally drained to even feel it constantly. There is still stuff that I enjoy, just not as much and not as often.

>>337003789
Thanks, doc.
>>
>>336999757

I didn't develop social skills until I was about 25.

One day I realised 99% of people just want to talk about how tired they are/how much they hate work and that I don't have to say something interesting every time I open my mouth.
>>
>>337004081
I know what you mean man, I can talk to people but I don't really see any point in it and only do it when I need to.

I'm also pretty sure I clicked on /r9k/ instead of /v/ considering this thread.
>>
>>337004004
>>337004030
I think it's worth it to see a professional for it. At least to get myself a diagnosis.
Thanks guys.
>>
>>336977810
Why would people who no longer play games come here
>>
I game all the time with my best bud and his gf. She's a bisexual sjw vegetarian. Other friends got married to normie bitches, don't have control over their own life anymore and one even got tricked into getting a kid, now he's divorced and has to pay alimony at 27. I'd take the random sjw weirdo any day over boring TLC sluts.
>>
>>337004209
No problem man, if it helps you it's worth it in the end.

>>337004263
For the bantz, of course.
You ever gotten nostalgic for something before?
>>
>>337004263
to shitpost of course
>>
>>336978710
>falling for the /v/ doesn't play vidya meme
You're the obly newfriend here, baby doll.
>>
>>337004203

/v/ has been /womenhate/ for a long time now.
>>
>>337004209
No worries. I've suffered from depression for most of my life and have to enlighten people constantly how it isnt just "But im feeling so sad guise :(". Too many people suffer for nothing because they have depression and they just didnt know it.
>>
>>337004554

are there any major signs people should look out for?

I haven't listened to music in 8 months even though it used to be one of my biggest passions. I just feel uncomfortable listening to it now and have to turn it off. What the fuck?
>>
>>337004524
I was more meaning the sense of crippling depression, though /v/ has always had that too.
>>
>>337004673
It varies so much from person to person. Most common symptoms are not really related to your mood however, instead its mainly about the lack of energy and interest. If you were really passionate about music and now it makes you actually feel uncomfortable, to me atleast it tells that something has changed in your head. Interests can change over time, that is just normal, but feeling uncomfortable about something like listening to music after being passionate about it does not sound right.
>>
>>337004554
>Too many people suffer for nothing because they have depression and they just didnt know it.
You what.
Feeling sad != having depression
>>
File: 1452165699754.jpg (60 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1452165699754.jpg
60 KB, 400x400
>>336980369
>he read the cracked.com article
>>
>>337005185
I am not seeing how could I have possibly even implied that.
>>
File: 1461836059476.gif (2 MB, 400x306) Image search: [Google]
1461836059476.gif
2 MB, 400x306
DR3 came out, brown and bloom. Put me to sleep.
MKX came out on pc, online beyond broken and support eventually dropped
Fallout 4 came out, got boring really fast
Xcom 2 released broken
SFV beta came out, I didnt like it
SFV came out, tried my best still dont like it, none of my friends play it
DS3 came out, got a soft ban for invalid data and still have no idea why. Tried every fix it kept coming back until one day *boop* cant play with friends.
extremely hesitant to spend any more money on this 'hobby'
started playing card games and meeting people and having fun.
now i can't play a videogame without some distraction in the background or I get bored.

I think my time has come.
>>
>>337005575
have you tried to play some indie or nintendo games
>>
>>337005623
I havent actually but I'll give it a go, I mean I played party hard and stardew valley and had a good time.

especially with the latter. It's just that I hope for a really meaty game you know? but maybe that's the problem.

Any recommendations dude?
>>
>>337005715
FREEDOM
PLANET.
>>
>>336977810
playing more rpg games because i hated fetch quests till i realized i should just pick up a book
>>
>>337005715
There's way too many to indies out there give you a perfect rundown but here's some atleast.

Bastion
Cave Story
Dwarf Fortress
Recettear
La-Mulana
Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden
Undertale
Darkest Dungeon
Shovel Knight
Transistor
Binding of Isaac
Frozen Synapse
Hotline Miami
Legend of Grimrock
LISA
Risk of Rain
Nuclear Throne
Super Meat Boy
Terraria
Valdis Story
Expeditions: Conquistador

To name some that generally are praised. Note that you cant expect all of these games to appeal to you or even grip you for 100+ hours.
>>
>>336977810
Getting called a Nintendo fanboy I'M NOT A NINTENDO FANBOY!
>>
>>337005761
Looks nice, i loved sonic games on GBA
Thanks <3
>>
when I got a tulpa
>>
Only hobby Ive ever quit has been anime.
>>
File: round1 arcade.jpg (57 KB, 719x480) Image search: [Google]
round1 arcade.jpg
57 KB, 719x480
It seems like you guys like to look at "videogames" through a narrow window.

If you don't like the way the industry is heading, then just don't play those games? There are decades of games that you haven't played, play those. Ever play the Xbox Panzer Dragoon? Fear Effect on PS1? Hell the Road Rash on 3DO was pretty fucking good, ever use a 3DO? Some interesting experimental games there.

Ever been to a decent modern arcade? Try it out.

These terrible reasons like "microtransactions exist" and "muh game came out and it wuz bad RIP ;_;7" are completely retarded.
>>
>>337006125
Thanks for the list, from here I'll start with Darkest Dungeon, that sounds nifty
Cheers dude <3
>>
>>337006513
Its pointless to try and teach /v/. This board only cares about AAA releases these days. Everything else is considered crap.
>>
Anyone here ever tried quitting 4chan?

I did when I saw the pasta.
>>
>>337006762
yes but there's nowhere else to go on the internet
everywhere else is so tame and filtered
>>
>>337005040
>lack of energy and interest
So Ive been depressed my whole life?
I think thats just how I am.
>>
>all of my favorite franchises/IPs are destroyed or reanimated as lifeless husks to milk every penny out of them
>the whole industry is about money
>games are just flops most of the time
>f2p
I am only kept alive by creative indie games
>>
>>337006898
This was never not the case. You're just not a child anymore so you are aware of the industry.
>>
>>336981513
The fact that they are useless garbage?
>>
Around the end of last year, after I finished playing the disappointing ending to Kingdoms of Amalur, it suddenly occurred to me that video games are just a giant waste of time and money.

I then bought and began learning a musical instrument, and got a job. It's been just over 5 months since I stopped gaming, and I think a lot clearer and faster now.
>>
>>336977810
Watching Doom gameplay in last year's E3. Made me stop following game news, looking forward to new games, and coming to /v/ regularly.
I still play vidya but with a lot less enthusiasm.
>>
>>337007103
So why are you here
>>
>>337006762
This one?

This site has nothing to offer anybody. There is no quality content here you cannot get more quickly and efficiently elsewhere. This is an addiction which reduces your productivity, attention span, and free time. You are becoming more bitter, narrow minded, haughty, and old. Leave now and block this site. There is nothing here but slow, lonely suicide.

People do not have arguments here. Posters do not engage one another on key points, they nitpick with greentext and mock each other. Nobody is interested in the truth; people are battling for fleeting moments of superiority. Active commenters are loud jackasses who tumble into one internet fight after another, anxiously keeping ten tabs open to ensure they keep the last word in all of them. An insightful post is one in ten thousand, and no matter how hard you filter this place you are still searching for diamonds in a garbage dump.

This place is not making you happy. You are not having fun. You are not gathering stories to tell, learning, or growing as a person. Instead you chuckle every thirty minutes and are occasionally spurred to masturbation by libidinal posts or pictures. You are addicted to readily available information and pressure free social interaction. This place is gradually poisoning you with misogyny, narcissism, a false dichotomy surrounding normalfags, and insecurity.

I'm not telling you to b urself. I'm not telling you to go outside. I'm not even telling you to make friends. Just leave 4chan. Do anything else.
>>
>>337007165
Don't get me wrong, I WANT to play games all the time, I just have to stop myself. I browse here every few days to see how gamers act and remind myself why I quit gaming. It's also nice to be updated on gaming news, even if I don't play the games.
>>
>>337004465
>implying it's a meme
>oh sure /v/ plays games, that's why they spend all their time on /v/
>moron
>>
>>337006762
You clearly didnt
>>
>>337007427

>/v/ is one person
>everything said on /v/ is in good faith

Sorry your autism makes it difficult to understand irony but sometimes when a person says something that's an obvious exaggeration it's what you'd call a joke. People without autism use these jokes to poke fun at themselves and others in social situations to bring levity.
>>
>>336988676
/v/ is the gayest board and I don't know why
>>
>>337007389
>You are addicted to readily available information and pressure free social interaction.

Yes and it feels great, why is this a bad thing again?
>>
>>336977810
MGSV The Phantom Pain. It hurt me in ways i didn't know I could be hurt.
>>
>>336997332
>I pay for everything, including her job
erm
>>
>>337007389
How do you filter /v/ to just the porn/lewd pics?

>inb4 go to /e/ or /h/
>>
>>337006762
I can't think of any other place to go on the internet to pass the time when I get that not motivated to do anything feeling.
>>
>>336977810
When I stopped finding them fun at all.
>>
>>337007983
Microtransaction in a legit video game make me sad beyond belief. I could sorts handel DLC, but that is going too far. Same reason I refuse to buy DOA X3.
>>
I just grew up and stopped finding video games fun.
Still enjoy talking about them though.
>>
File: sefsdf.jpg (15 KB, 292x249) Image search: [Google]
sefsdf.jpg
15 KB, 292x249
>>336996840
Gawd Jesus. Can't you take a hint?
She's trying to turn you into a responsible adult.
She wants to be with a man not a manchild.
She not expecting you to watch her Stacy movies with her. She's expecting you to pick up new hobbies more befitting a man of your age.
>>
>>337008460
>pick up new hobbies more befitting a man of your age

Like?
>>
>>336997889
Why the fuck does this keep on happening?
Why is having a normal life so fucking unappealing no matter how much I try to convince myself otherwise?
Fucking normalfags.
>>
>>337008720
Cribbage.
>>
>>337008720
Drinking and watching football, duh
>>
>>337008720
Working more hours so you can buy her shit.
>>
>>337008938
I have come to the conclusion it's something more fundemental. Normalfags are happy. I'm not. So I try to go Normalfags because I want to be happy. Then it doesn't make me happy. But I keep trying in various ways because they are always happy whereas I'm not.
>>
>>337007389
I don't even know why I come here, probably out of boredom. But this pasta rings true for sure, I'm kind of upset by the current state of games, like Fallout4, my friend came over and we both got bored of it. Then we played DS and that was kinda fun but I couldn't find myself wanting to play it after he left. Other hobbies seem to help a little bit but I fear I might be depressed.
>>
File: 1462404976548.jpg (153 KB, 480x476) Image search: [Google]
1462404976548.jpg
153 KB, 480x476
>>336977810

they announced the ps4 4.5 right after I bought a ps4 for SF5 because my PC couldnt handle it, i ended up thinking it was a really disappointing game without any dynamics except for classic SF fundamentals which got boring in the 90s with SF2 champion edition.

I sold it for the same price I bought it for minus the PS+

Now I have been getting into literature and lifting and trying to make a decently knowledgeable and fit man out my myself which vidya wasnt doing for me.

I still have my big ps2 collection from when I was a kid that I built up and every now again I play one of those games because the ps2 era was vastly superior and more fun than todays games.
>>
>>337009506
>normalfags are happy
nah
>>
>>337007832
>implying /v/ isn't filled with cute girls except for me
>>
>>336999757
oh fug
>>
Oh boy, uh I'd say Grand Theft Auto V is the last video game I played. It's not that it was shit, but I suddenly lost interest in games and decided to move on. And quitting games has helped me get off my ass and lose some weight.

I guess it was a good send off, pretty good game to be the final one ever. I would have liked to the TPP though.
>>
>>336997889
Literally me
I went back to neet it up harder than ever, buy naked anime figs and cum in them

Fuck the police, society and normalfags
>>
i just told a 34 yo friend who quit videogames last week that the whole concept of quitting your hobby just because society decides who should have which kind of hobbies is kinda stupid.

he seemed very ignorant about my comment.
>>
File: 1459864883533[2].jpg (11 KB, 236x328) Image search: [Google]
1459864883533[2].jpg
11 KB, 236x328
>>336996840
>MLP stuff
>for nostalgic factor
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.