[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hey there's this popular mod called DotA maybe we should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 20
File: blizzard.png (371 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
blizzard.png
371 KB, 800x800
>hey there's this popular mod called DotA maybe we should make a game off it
>Blizzard: nah

>oh hey a DotA based games are really popular maybe we should make our own

>oh hey developer of DotA here, wanna make Dota 2?

>oh look Valve made Dota 2
>Blizzard: sue them

>oh hey we lost and Dota 2 is really popular now
>Blizzard: okay let's make our own Dota, but get rid of their Skeleton King first :^)
>Blizzard: also let's make Hearthstone and Overwatch and shill competitive eSports for all three of them
>wait, but those are casual games

>Blizzard: you're fired, also kill off this WoW server before you leave
>Blizzard: also skins, lots of skins

How can anyone actually defend let alone play their games anymore.
>>
>>336946043

Work on your writing skills.
>>
>>336946043
shills and cucks
>>
File: 1346564599307.jpg (51 KB, 157x292) Image search: [Google]
1346564599307.jpg
51 KB, 157x292
>>336946043
Narrowing in on the DotA debacle is just a small part of the larger whole.

The Blizzard of today is just riding and exploiting the coat tails of the past established IPs. Nothing about nuBlizzard suggests an interest in anything other than making tons of money.

Starcraft saw an epsodic 3 game series sequel that brought a story with probably the worst writing of any game I've every played. Contrived plot and asspulls from WoL to LoV.

Diablo saw its charming dark and grim dungeon crawler, a genre it invented, get brightened up and casualized and potmixed with WoW class and hotkey elements, all wrapped into a neverending loot tredmill. Again, story was weak and writing terrible.

Warcraft, the biggest victim of all, transformed their longest running and most beloved franchise into a pile of memes and jokes. Any semblence of worldbuilding or lore built up in the RTS games and presented coherently for the first time in WoW, were chopped up, retconned, stomped on, and casualized for appeal to a broader audience. People don't miss Vanilla becaus it was better. People miss it because thebgame had character, and because the people playing it were Warcraft fans. Add in the double-dipping of WoW's ridiculous cash shop that still charges and makes money off things a fucking robot handles like name changes or server swaps and again you see the extreme jew in nuBlizzard.

Riding the ever declining quality but ever increasing revenue from WoW, and using the increasingly casual, instant gratification mobile-tier facebook gamer audience they built up, they released boh Hearthstone and HotS, the first games tailor made to nuBlizzard's current dominant fandom of the everygamer, with Overwatch now upon us, it's clear Blizzard doesn't care about the quality of its games anymore because the "gamers" they cater to now don't either.

They want to drop 40-50 bucks on the next expansion, or 10 bucks on a new mount for their HotS character.

Blizzard is long gone.
>>
also killing the Starcraft custom scene
>>
Reminder that Valve LITERALLY steals mods and makes them into games. Fuck off.
>>
>>336946043
>but those are casual games
Seriously, what esport even remotely requires skill other than maybe FPS?
>>
>>336947746
>writing of any game I've every played
Maybe it's time to start playing more than two games than.
>>
File: 1458367398269.png (170 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1458367398269.png
170 KB, 308x308
Love that /v/ thinks Blizzard's the one that makes all the decisions and not Activision.
>>
>>336948537
Do you have a single fact to back that up?
>>
>>336948581
Having half a brain helps
>Thinking the developers/artists make the big decisions and not the producers
Literally have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>336948758
>>336948537

Does it matter? Blizzard is Activision now, it doesn't really matter if there are some good guys left if they're not making the decisions.
>>
>>336949356
Hey, someone's gotta respond to the retards like you that think they actually know what they're talking about when they really don't.
>>
>>336946043
>lost Dota 2 suit
I am pretty sure Blizzard won the suit and they were forced to do dramatic changes to the heroes and their names.
>>
>>336946043
The court will now hear the case of Blizzard v Dota2
Blizzard: These guys are using a free mod but charging for it. Defense of the Ancients should be free for everyone.
Valve: Actually, our game is just called "Dota 2" not Defense of the Ancients, and we can charge the idiots who use our unique product however we want.

Judge: Sorry Blizzard but Valve has found a way to jew their users once again. I'll commend you for trying to vouch for the modding community but it looks like Valve can just keep on stealing free mods and using them as they please as long as they hide their shady business under "hats" or "crates"
Blizzard: Well can we at least keep our unique and copyrighted characters from appearing in this jew debauchery
Judge: sure, why not. Skeleton King will remain untainted.
>>
>>336949819
No, they settled the suit but overall it's a lost because Valve now owns the Dota trademark - which is what they were fighting for because WC3 ToS means custom games are Blizzard IP. But they had to change several heroes because of seperate copyrights.

Skeleton King
Windrunner
Obsidian Destroyer
Necrolyte

Fun fact, Riot of League of Legends also got into the lawsuit and tried to stop Dota because they claimed you can't own a game which the community owned (Dota)
>>
>>336949819
>dramatic changes
they changed names for like 3 of them and remodeled one of them. Meanwhile blizzard lost the important ones, like ownership of dota 2 trademark.
>>
>>336950032
http://www.valvesoftware.com/trademarkguidelines.html

>Valve Corporation (“Valve”) is the owner of the trademarks “Dota”, “DOTA” and “Defense of the Ancients.” (“Dota Marks”) Valve grants you permission to use the Dota Marks on the condition that you follow these guidelines. If you prefer not to follow the guidelines then please don’t use the Dota Marks at all.

Retards BTFO.
>>
>hey ton's of people want to play vanilla wow. These idiots don't even expect content updates.

Its like with dota, blizzard has a cash cow they can milk. Difference is they buried it under a sea of streamlined shit.
>>
File: 2 cat2.jpg (194 KB, 952x643) Image search: [Google]
2 cat2.jpg
194 KB, 952x643
Are you saying dota isn't a casual game?
>>
>>336950158
Dota gets content updates though, in fact they're highly praised and expected.

>>336950267
Why would it be?
>>
>>336950267
Not as casual as you.
>>
File: 1460374292209.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1460374292209.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>Don't give a shit about Wow anymore
>Get stuck into Diablo 3 after they removed the auction house. Fun as shit, only gotten with each patch
>Starcraft 2's storymode was more than worth the price, enjoyed classic RTS good times. Don't care about the multiplayer.
>Hearthstone is a fun way to kill some time
>Overwatch is great
>Heroes of the Storm is pretty fun now and then, and can't argue with the price of free.
Call me a casual faggot, but outside of pissing all over Wow I don't really see what is so bad about current Blizzard.
>>
>>336950303
>Baby's first RTS
>not a casual game
Lol, I bet you think Halo is a hardcore game too.
>>
>>336950376
Why is this little meme showing up everywhere?
>>
>>336950267
Dota 1 was the most uncasual friendly custom map there was. There is a reason why they started doing their own thing, the whole "toxic" thing started right there.
They kicked people that had to download the map. They flamed people that play for the first ime. They even had fucking blacklists for people they don't want to play with.
There was just way too much going on for someone to understand recipes, lanes and everything
>>
>>336950376
>log into heroes of the storm
>3 quests available
>play as a certain hero for 3 games
sure, i can do that
>oh cool i actually unlocked another quest because i played a hero from a franchise as well
>oh neat i got that charcter to level 5 so it gave me extra gold
i guess im done for the day, how much gold do i have?
>20506
damn i can just buy the next hero to come up, luckily i know they announced medivh just a bit ago so ill just buy him later!

this fucking game is so free its fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>336950560
REDS doesn't even play RTS games
>>
>>336950376
>Get stuck into Diablo 3

How? Anything in RoS that's pre-adventure mode is so laughably easy you can literally fall asleep while playing it.
>>
>>336946043
HOTS is objectively the best MOBA. Purely focuses on the PvP instead of grinding. The only real problem is that it joined the party too late, so most people who are interested in this genre are already too heavily invested in a competitor to give it a shot.

Hearthstone is a great entry into card games.

Overwatch is a ton of fun.
>>
>company gets bought out by activision
>starts caring more about max profits than making good games/caring for their players
What a fucking surprise.

Valve is equally shit, so I don't know why people are saying 'b-b-b-but Valve sucks too!'
>>
>>336950420
>implying mobas are RTS games
oh come on.
>>
I just want them to ignore WoW lore and make Warcraft 4.
>>
>>336947746
>The Blizzard of today is just riding and exploiting the coat tails of the past established IPs.

This is the stupidest argument ever.

They've created a few sequels of their popular games - exactly what fans want.

They're currently releasing a brand new IP, which people love.
>>
>>336948127
icefrog actually went first to blizzard to try to get standalone dota, after that failed he even worked on Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends briefly before valve contacted him,
>>
Introducing World of Starcraft
>>
>>336950779
>company gets bought out by activision
>several years after wow was a thing
>even after sc2
>fuck man they had already announced diablo 3

the only thing the activision merger did was help them survive their shittiest expansion and then later release the most successful game known to man
>>
>>336946043
>wait, but those are casual games
Kill yourself you scum sucking retard.
>>
>>336948758
>Only devs work in Blizzard
No wonder why you shitpost, only a moron would be so utterly ignorant and foolish.
>>
>>336950560
>Dota 1 was the most uncasual friendly custom map there was.
No, it was the most unfriendly map to new players. Once you know the abilities of every character/item, its cake. Memorizing what things do is not difficult unless you have a legitimate learning disability.

Though, people who play DotA probably have that.
>There is a reason why they started doing their own thing
Because it was popular? Just cause it's popular doesn't make it not casual. CoD and Halo is popular, for example.
>the whole "toxic" thing started right there.
The community has always been "toxic" from day 1.

Try to download a map cause who would think to go to a website to play a b.net game when no other game requires that(to my knowledge)? Kicked and get whispered "blacklisted noob"
First blood? HASLEFTTHEGAME x 5
Shit ton of shittalking.
>They kicked people that had to download the map. They flamed people that play for the first ime. They even had fucking blacklists for people they don't want to play with. There was just way too much going on for someone to understand recipes, lanes and everything
So shitty communities make a game non-casual?

What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>336950717
Not every game needs to be ball shittingly hard anon, sometimes you might just enjoy mowing through waves of shitters why listening to lore books and dialogue.
>>
>>336950158
>runecape does a classic server
>loads of people play it
>blizzard still thinks vanilla won't work
>>
>>336951113
>free browser game with no support
>versus a real game
oh im laffin
>>
>>336946043
Blizzard is shit but I want to play Overwatch.

I will buy a key.
>>
>>336950805
>MOBA
Meaningless word, the term is ASSFAGGOTS.
>>
File: mammoth tank bitch.jpg (31 KB, 573x446) Image search: [Google]
mammoth tank bitch.jpg
31 KB, 573x446
>>336950716
Yeah, you're right.

Just ignore this picture of a mammoth tank for no reason at all.
>>336950805
RTS without base building, unit production, and controlling more than 1 unit(most of the time).

If DotA isn't a RTS then Halo/CoD aren't FPS games.
>>
>>336950921
It was what we wanted, but not like this never like this
>>
/v/'s so tsundere for Blizzard that it's actually rather irritating.
Make up your fucking minds already you disgusting NEET otakus.
>>
>>336950959
>activision buys out blizzard when WotlK is at its peak
>the next expac is fucking Cata
They made their shittiest expansion dude
>after sc2
That was in 2010, Blizzard was bought in 2008.
The same year Activision bought it, and look what a shitshow that turned out to be

Get your dates right. All the shitty stuff happened AFTER activision bought blizzard.
>>
>Dota 2
>RTS
This is some sick bait.
>>
File: 1243526.png (214 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1243526.png
214 KB, 625x626
>>336951265
>That entire second reply
>>
File: halo and dota.jpg (183 KB, 1162x386) Image search: [Google]
halo and dota.jpg
183 KB, 1162x386
>>336951448
Nice counter argument.
>>
>>336948342
Fighting games, ironically they also have one of the smaller scenes compared to cs go or mobas with their million dollar pot
>>
>>336951265
calling mobas RTS games is like calling any game where you take the role of a character an RPG game. Stop being stupid.
>>
>>336946043

Every genre Blizzard has been heavily involved in is either dead or dying.

RTS genre is a shell of it's former self.
Diablo clones haven't been good for decades.
MMOs have become the undisputed worst genre.

Blizzard are also getting into card games, MOBAs and FPS games. I wonder how long until these genres also die.
>>
>>336951250
You say tomato, I say tomatouh
>>336951265
RTS without base building, unit production, and controlling more than 1 unit at a time is like buying burger and getting a toast.

Also, halo and cod are fps games, but dota isn't a rts. Hell, it is closer to fighting games, and that is far-fetched.
>>
>>336951532
>I disagree, so this is bait! Even though its factual that MobAs are just RTS games without depth
Don't tell me "muh teamwork makez it better and different", because if you say that, two things:
First off, theres 4v4 games in RTS games.
Secondly, so HotS is better than DotA because its more team focused than dota?
>>
File: 1452981856573.jpg (67 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
1452981856573.jpg
67 KB, 500x491
>>336951630
>>
>Hey you know how brood war was the biggest competitive multiplayer game in history right
>How there was massive LAN tournaments all over the globe right?
>Lets remove the option for people to play on LAN in the sequal. Some people pirated brood war and this will stop them if they want to play online

"But people will pirate it anyway for the single player and ditch the multiplayer altogether and the game will be dead in a year

>Your fired :) Lets completely fuck over custom games so people stick to the ladder and officail game mods too, Cant have replayability nowadays or the customer wont buy the sequal! Also never have perfect balance in the hopes that the next expansion will deliver it with new units, Reatrds will lap that shit up
>>
>>336951247
>Wasn't free for like 2 years
>Gets regular content updates

Why even speak if you don't know shit?
>>
>>336951630
Real-time strategy (RTS) is a subgenre of strategy video games where the game does not progress incrementally in turns.

Halo is an RTS. Dota is an RTS. CoD, Dragon's Dogma, WoW, Tribes, they're all RTSes.
>>
Dota 2 is a point and click PVP ARPG.
>>
File: 1234325.jpg (141 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1234325.jpg
141 KB, 640x360
>>336950032
>Being this butthurt
>>
>>336948537
It's also pretty hilarious that people think Activision-Blizzard doesn't consult Tecent ao their games are big in China, which is mostly esports games.
>>
>>336951921
I like the bait where we pretend to not be fluent in the English language.
>>
>>336950921
I don't think you understand what he's saying at all. The issue isn't that there are sequels, the issue is that the sequels aren't good enough on their own and are only popular because they have the success of their older games and try to pretend they will give the same enjoyment their older games did. An obvious example is Diablo 3, where the game sold ridiculously well on release but it was complete shit.
>>
Can't wait for Blizzcucks start complaining about Overwatch when they start applying shitty balance changes that no one asked for
>>
>>336950921
>which people love
source : your ass
>>
>>336951813
Why do you think he would argue anything like that? Do you think any real-time game where you make strategical decisions is an RTS game?

By that logic WoW, Counter-Strike and tetris are RTS games.
>>
Blizzard is damn lucky that Valve is such an amazing company and doesn't sue on a whim. Praise Gaben!
>>
File: 1462733869134.jpg (219 KB, 995x835) Image search: [Google]
1462733869134.jpg
219 KB, 995x835
>>
File: Itjrmb4.jpg (200 KB, 1440x1079) Image search: [Google]
Itjrmb4.jpg
200 KB, 1440x1079
Neo blizzard is absolute shit. I feel bad for anyone not convinced after they butchered their Diablo franchise. I still remember the fucking hype, it was insane.. The biggest dissappointment in videogame history?
>>
File: valvedrones gunna drone 2.jpg (133 KB, 580x681) Image search: [Google]
valvedrones gunna drone 2.jpg
133 KB, 580x681
>>336951804
>DOTA
>CLOSER TO FIGHTING GAMES
>THAN RTS GAMES
HA HA HA HA HA

WOW

So, back in like, 2010, I had a phrase I said a lot. "Dotards keep getting dumber and dumber" because of some braindead stupid shit they've said. For example how DotA2 is more polished than league of legends... back when dota2 was in fucking alpha. Or how DotA2 is original even though(at the time) it was dota1 with better graffix.

But DotA2 is more like a fighting game than a RTS game?

Holy shit, now I remember why I started ignoring these threads. You are unreasonable, illogical, and just flat out retarded.

And thats coming from a tripfag.

Fucking saved, I could use a good laugh every now and then.

So, the missions in warcraft3 where you only control arthas is closer to a fighting game than a RTS game?

Man, thats rich.
>>
File: 1336232922072.jpg (29 KB, 285x357) Image search: [Google]
1336232922072.jpg
29 KB, 285x357
>DotA is an RTS!
>so here's all these differences it has from an RTS to prove it is one
it's almost like it's a different genre of game
>>
>>336951836

LOL

R.I.P Junji Ito Silent Hill game
>>
>>336952298
best part is you are even more stupid than that guy
>>
>>336952262
>assfags call rts fans the babys
>rts fans have been around longer and are far more skilled in vidya than the best assfaggot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR7CU3CJ7iU
>>
>>336952262
dude strawman lmao lmao
>>
>>336948342
RTS
>>
>>336950032
Yeah i guess the software house that charges for multiple expansions, subscription and a cash shop in a single 2006 shit game is of the purest aryan descent. Your butthurt is glorious.
>>
Dota is an ARTS

MOBA is a retarded term for a genre
>>
>>336952298
He even says relating them to fighting games is far fetched, don't be so stupid.
>>
>>336952420
>you are even more stupid
Nice comeback.
>that guy
You mean yourself?

inb4
>no im not him
Ya, you're probably right. Valvedrones all think alike and are programmed to defend each other.
>>336952358
So.... the mission in warcraft 3 where you control just arthas is not a rts?

Checkmate.
>>
>>336950060
>All these companies trying and failing to stop Dota 2
Top kek
>>
>>336950032
>DotA 2
>costing even a single cent
>not giving you free money for playing it
Sounds like you're just retarded enough to pay money for a F2P game, huh?
>>
>>336946043
How could you forget to hate on diablo 3?
>>
>>336950420
REDS you dumb nigger, deliver ecchi
>>
>>336952628
>So.... the mission in warcraft 3 where you control just arthas is not a rts?
It certainly isn't a MOBA
>>
>>336950032
>steal

Where do people get this idea?

Any time Valve has used a mod and made it into a game, they bought it from the creator, and invited the creator to work on the new game.
>>
>>336952581
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know I was in a thread with someone who can't read english.
>dota isn't a rts. Hell, it is closer to fighting games
I didn't say it wasn't far-fetched to be related to fighting games, I was merely stating how asinine(if you don't know what that means, google it) it is to call it closer to fighting than rts, which is what he clearly said.

Uhm, since you guys don't understand english, maybe take your voice to another website? I think theres a site for whatever third world country you're posting from.
>>
>>336951265
more accurate would be to say that if dota isn't RTS then Skyrim/Fallout aren't FPSs.
>>
File: 1394045681988.jpg (41 KB, 600x501) Image search: [Google]
1394045681988.jpg
41 KB, 600x501
>>336952628
>So.... the mission in warcraft 3 where you control just arthas is not a rts?
Is GTA a bowling game because you can play bowling in it?
>>
>>336950032

What? There's literally no reason to pay in Dota. Heroes are completely free. No purchase gives any advantage or stat or whatever the fuck in the game AT ALL. It is actually one of the best monetized F2P games ever. You can play for free and not lose out in any way. Purely cosmetic or tournament watching.
>>
>>336952262
Wraith king does look shitty because bliz stole the rights to skeleton king tho
>>
>>336952628
Those missions are more like an arpg.
Also, the game should be judged not by the story mode because those always need variety in-between missions. Multiplayer is how it was designed.
>>
>>336951265
reds, fuck off
>>
>>336952381
I still don't understand why kojima, del toro and all the others who were to be involved don't just get together, look for new investors and make the sodding thing.
>>
File: 860f6a4909d8dc046cbe08e5.jpg (22 KB, 447x400) Image search: [Google]
860f6a4909d8dc046cbe08e5.jpg
22 KB, 447x400
>>336952879
>This ass blasted damage control when multiple people call you out on how dumb you are for overreacting to a simple statement
>>
>>336951897
wait you can't play SC2 on LAN? wow
>>
>>336953156

I don't know, I'm pretty sad about it personally. I fucking love Junji Ito and him adding to a Silent Hill game would be HYPE AS FUCK

It's literally free money.
>>
File: pinup.jpg (324 KB, 1400x999) Image search: [Google]
pinup.jpg
324 KB, 1400x999
>>336952856
I'm glad we finally agree.

Then again, judging by the way you worded your post, you probably don't have a clue as to what I'm saying and just decided to try to argue against me not realizing what I'm saying.

Whelp, since I've won cause we've came to an agreement to what I said, time to play some Godhand. Just rehooked up my ps3 yesterday which had godhand on it, seeya kids. Have fun with the fisherprice of "hardcore" games.
its ok, I still think assfaggots take more skill than the Roll Souls series.

Have some ecchi to dry those salty tears.
>>
Overwatch is fun.

Diablo III has the best gameplay in the series and as such I still enjoy going back for another playthrough every now and then.

Hearthstone is a neat casual timewaster that I pop a few bucks into every months and play in-between other things.

I really don't care how much they're hated or how salty Blizzdrones are about their past glory, I enjoy their games.
>>
>>336953236
>multiple people disagree so you're wrong
dat mob mentality
>>
>>336953280
>I've been proven wrong, have a blogpost

Simply sad.
>>
>>336953280
>I'm retarded but you're also retarded so I win
>>
>>336953314
This is a good way to think.
Never give a shit about other people's opinions. Just play the damn game and judge it by yourself.
>>
>>336950060
>WC3 ToS means custom games are Blizzard IP
nope
>>
File: crying valvedrone.jpg (207 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
crying valvedrone.jpg
207 KB, 920x900
>>336946043
>>
>>336953280
The fact you've been using a trip for so long and still make blog-type posts is absolutely pathetic.

- Signed, a tripfag you knew from around 2009
>>
Merging with Activision marks the difference between old and good Blizzard and new and money grubbing, shitty Blizzard
>>
>>336953414
Put your trip back on
>>
>>336951897
They're always slow to address balance issues.
Hearthstone is a huge example of that.
They let balance issues plague the game for months, release some cards and hope they fix the problem. When that doesn't fix it they just ignore it.
>>
>>336951109
I'd be half okay with it if the entirety of Diablo 3's dialogue wasn't cringy as fuck. It's random WoW quest tier, only with voice actors that don't act at all, they seemed to give as much of a shit for their delivery as the scriptwriters worried for the quality of the writing.
>>
>>336948758
> a single fact to back that up?
>no.
>>
>>336952865
IF didn't even create Dota.
It was just a mashup stealing from everything else.
>>
>>336953954

You're an idiot
>>
>>336954029
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>336947956
This

SC2 customs were great, until they released "Arcade" making it hard to find certain customs games, and killed the population

About 2 years we were at a lan and we wanted to play some nexus wars, shit plain did not work
>>
you know, the best MOBA like game is still the very first one of its kind (incidentally not considered to belong in that genre by anyone), Precinct Assault mode in 1998 Playstation 1 game Future Cop LAPD. Very simple and pure in its mechanics, like chess (you can explain the WHOLE thing in 20 minutes). Champions, leveling, abilities and all that crap dota and its clones employ are just shitty replacements for beautiful and simplistic mechanics in this 20 year old game.
>>
>>336954051

There was history timeline of all changes to the game made from old ass dota to current, it's not complete but it's being compiled. Look at it, look at all the work post icefrog. Come back and say what you just did again and hopefully realize how idiotic you are to say such a thing.
>>
>>336953280
I like the other REDS but i guess you got some good ecchi
>>
>>336951401
thats wrong thou.
Activision bought Blizz at the end of BC.
notice how the game turned to shit in LK? piss easy "heroics". gimmicky ass shit like vehicle fighting. LFD. year long content droughts. splitting the raiding guilds again in to 10/25.

dont fool your self
Cata was the best Xpack outside of the last patch. before that everything was awesome from a PvE stand point. if you disagreee you are shit at wow or you never did heroic anything while it was current.
>>
>>336946043
It is just little things that make you realize how retarded neo-blizzard.

When I hold tab in overwatch, why can I not see everyone's kill count, death count, objective time?

The obvious answer is that Blizzard did not want new players to get flamed for having bad scores.
That is also why all the maps are simple and why matches are so short. New casual players could get excused exploring a large video game map for an extended period of time.
>>
>>336954897
>why cant i bitch and moan at people?!
>abloo bloo bloo
>blizz is being retarded because i cant be mean to people.

yea they do alot of stupid fucking shit but what you are crying about is a non issue faggot.
>>
>>336955217
>hidinginfo from the player is a non issue

What?
>>
>>336954897
>>336955217
Honestly I think they hide scores in order to try and make the player feel better about themselves. They're going for the whole Moba thing where you can constantly pat yourself on the back for a good job while blaming losses on team mates. The fact that just damaging someone counts as a "kill" for you, even if you didn't get the killing blow supports that theory. It lets players who are doing almost nothing easily get "kill streaks" and feel good.
>>
>>336954203

Not that guy,
Icefrog wasn't the one who create Dota, Guinsoo neither.
The original spawned all other Dotalike game custom map in epicwar and that is all.
>>
>>336950376
>Don't give a shit about Wow anymore
No one who is sensible does.
>Get stuck into Diablo 3 after they removed the auction house. Fun as shit, only gotten with each patch
It's not a bad game (post-RoS) but it's not a good Diablo game. If I were to describe it with one sentence: "It lacks substance"
>Starcraft 2's storymode was more than worth the price, enjoyed classic RTS good times. Don't care about the multiplayer.
If all three campaigns were included in one $60 package, then sure. But charging 3x$60 is fucking ridiculous.
>Hearthstone is a fun way to kill some time
Played it when it first came out and didn't get into it, but I had no problem with it. I tried to play it a few weeks ago and it just screamed "GIVE US MUHNYYYY" into my face.
>Overwatch is great
Would not debate since it is subjective. Personally I didn't like it, but I have no problem with people who like it.
>Heroes of the Storm is pretty fun now and then, and can't argue with the price of free.
Again, subjective. I liked it at first since it was just a time-sink, but I got bored with it since it didn't have anything to offer due to its simplicity.
>>
>>336954897
>You can't see scores in Overwatch

Holy fuck that is pathetic. I know Blizzard fans are little babies as seen by the Hearthstone emote system rather than a proper chat but this is just stupid. Does Overwatch it at least have a proper chat box/mic communication?
>>
>>336955449
>the whole moba thing

Have you played a moba? In dota and Lol you can clearly see whos doing bad

and 90% of the time they will get flamed hard for it, much harder than any other genre I think since youre wasting 40 mins of the team time.
>>
>>336952114
>the issue is that the sequels aren't good enough on their own

So literally every series ever aside from maybe Kirby and Dark souls?
>>
>>336955429
it is non important info.
knowing changes nothing besides giving you an excuse to bitch at someone online.
>>
>>336955647
yes it at least has that

I wanna see how useless my attack snipers are being
>>
>>336951265
>RTS without base building, unit production, and controlling more than 1 unit(most of the time).
>If DotA isn't a RTS then Halo/CoD aren't FPS games.
>blending RTS and RTT into one genre
Fuck off, nigger! ASSFAGGOTS aren't even RTT!
>>
>>336955791
>it is non important info.
In a competitive game? I disagree.
>>
>>336955791
>Info about team performance isn't important in a team game
>>
>>336951062
>Using a fucking name on 4chan

So, what makes a game "non-casual" you piece of shit?
>>
>>336955756
I know that in Moba games you can easily see scores, but one of the biggest reasons why Moba games are popular (Or one theory why at least) is because it is easy to blame problems on your team mates and victories on yourself. That way you don't have to feel bad for being a bad player and losing, you just feel good because those victories were due to your effort. Overwatch is going for something like that I think.

The thing is that in Moba games, the losing team will almost always have shitty scores, even the best player. On FPS games though, the best player on a losing team can consistently still score well, so a kill death ratio means a lot more. (That's because feeding doesn't exist in Overwatch). That's why they removed scores in Overwatch.
>>
>>336955492
3x$60

You're very knowledgeable and not talking out of your ass at all
>>
>>336955914
outsides of rank/tournys it does not matter. so you are sitting at home on a free beta weekend bitching because you cant bitch at other for doing bad.

you can also do this thing called pay attention to what is going on outside of score cards fagot. it is easy to spot a shit tier player without a number telling you so when you are infact not a shit player your self.
>>
>>336955791
>it is non important info.
It is important to have that info. It's a team oriented game. You will need metrics to assess strengths, weaknesses and overall performance.
>>
>>336950732
>HOTS is objectively the best MOBA. Purely focuses on the PvP instead of grinding. The only real problem is that it joined the party too late, so most people who are interested in this genre are already too heavily invested in a competitor to give it a shot.
Focusing on PvP in a MOBA is a great thing, but the problem here is that HotS it too simplified.
>Hearthstone is a great entry into card games.
No, it's not since 95% is behind a paywall and you need to have nerves of steel to get into it. Yu-Gi-Oh is a better entry into card games.
>Overwatch is a ton of fun.
I guess some people are having fun with it, but there are tons of games out there that bring more fun.
>>
>>336956226
I understand that theory exists but I personally believe its BS

Dota tracks all your stats as much as any other video game.

those egotistical beliefs thinking youre the cause of all victories and your team is the reason you lost, is not limited to mobas. Ive met the same types in pratically every genre.
>>
>>336955763
Kirby has been safe and sterile because they cancelled the 3D Gamecube platformer and Dark Souls already hit it's peak with 2
>>
>>336956289
You mean to tell me that SC2's story mode wasn't cut into three different pieces, each one of which cost $60?
>>
>>336956295
>you can also do this thing called pay attention to what is going on outside of score cards fagot
Not everyone has the luxury of sitting at the back and watching everything unfold from a distance. You won't be able to see everyone all the time and see everything they do. A few key metrics in the overview help with general assessment. Removing this data and obfuscating the data they make available is in oppoosition to the function of the overview.
>>
>>336956667
I dont know why people hate lanening, it adds incentive for risk.

There is no reason to play aggressively in lanes in Hots unless your opponent fucks up
>>
>>336956842
The thing with Mobas though is that you have a team to blame. There are definitely people trying to protect their pride in other games (Like calling what you're doing or your character/faction cheap) but that's not nearly as self convincing as putting the blame on someone else.

And once again, Mobas are a special case because if someone on your team dies to an opponent, the enemy team gets stronger, which can result in you getting destroyed even if you're playing very well. In other multiplayer games it's rare for the opponent to get stronger like they do in a Moba.
>>
>>336952514
NO ITS LE ASSFAGBUTTHOLES!! EPIK BURN!!1
>>
>>336952262
honestly I was a millinial memer and then I started playing Dota, was trash at it, started meming even harder, and then i gave it a second try and got hooked for like three years until 6.87
i'll probably start playing again once they drop Pit Lord and a balance patch that is actually interesting and not int buffs
>>
>>336956842
Dota is also a game where if your team is winning then it's very easy for you to start racking up kills because your opponents are so far behind on gold/exp. Your stats probably reflect your team's efforts more than they do your own, unless if you're ridiculously bad or good compared to them.
>>
>>336957124
Well I guess youre right about dying to the enemy makes them stronger, makes it easy to blame someone else, but thats probably rightso

I dunno what to do, OW is kinda fun and its something to play if my Dota crew is not around. Maybe ill get nuDoom instead
>>
>>336956226
>That way you don't have to feel bad for being a bad player and losing, you just feel good
It literally feels even worse tho. It's like there's nothing you could do to win. So you basicly was wasting your time.
>>
>>336952514
Yeah suck the gabe cock instead of rito
And you can pretend your ARPG garbage is RTS rifk
>>
>>336957612
But it's not YOUR fault. That's the important thing.
>>
>>336957774
As a decent Dota player, when you know that it is, its soul crushing
>>
>>336957873
That's because you actually have some form of self judgement. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who jump through ridiculous hoops in order to avoid recognizing they're not that good at video games.
>>
>>336957079
It is not only about the laning. The whole mechanics of the game are semi-fucked up. There are some good additions, but there are some that don't make sense.
Distributing XP throughout the whole team is not a bad idea as long as the distributed XP is not 100%. E.g. you get 25% more (direct) XP than your team. That way you are not entirely dependent on your team, while being prevented from 1v5 the enemy team.
There are other things that could have been implemented better but I would not bore you with them. I just wanted to make my point why HotS is a shitty game.
>>
>>336948439
Are you truly trying to praise WoW's writing, Anon? Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>336955475

I know, but thanks
>>
File: 1457077896459.gif (1 MB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
1457077896459.gif
1 MB, 245x280
>>336956849
>dark souls peaked with 2
>>
>>336946043
You will never get your legacy server so please grow up and stop crying. Legion will be better than that old shit anyway.

Reminder: Nostfags are literally Goobergate 2.0
>>
>>336954897
20 tick and now this.

This game is casual garbage.

Reminds me of kick protection they had to let clinically retarded people also "enjoy" themselves while leeching on everyone else.

Blizzard doesn't want good players anymore. They are too demanding.
>>
>>336951803
>Diablo clones haven't been good for decades.
Diablo clones were all terrible by the time Diablo 2 was around
Now we got PoE, Grim Dawn, Torchlight and plenty of minor ones coming out eventually
The genre is stronger than ever and that's thanks to Blizzard making D3 a disappointment
>>
>>336950376

>starcraft 2 storymode
>worth the price

It's the end times boys
>>
>>336950560
Every custom host tended to kick dowloaders. Those were the days when 56K was still a thing and everyone would have to wait 10 minutes for a dumb newfag to get the map only to suck at the game anyway. Kicking made perfect sense.
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.