[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Easiest to Play Characters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
What are the easiest to play Overwatch characters?
Top 5:
1.) Mercy (point and heal/buff)
2.) Pharah (easy damage due to splash and easy escape jump/boost/hover)
3.) Bastion (easy damage at any distance)
4.) Lucio (auto heal nearby players, easy hits with big/fast ball shooting gun)
5.) Widowmaker (easy to understand sniper with good close/mid range gun)
>>
Junkrat is pretty safe and easy
>>
I feel like the cowboy is a good roaming character. Single out the enemy healer/sniper, E into R-Click, easy kill, High Noon if you got it. 8-10 kill streak on average.
>>
File: ggg.png (455 KB, 1080x686) Image search: [Google]
ggg.png
455 KB, 1080x686
>>336927472
>>
File: 60218-283945-Reinhardtpng-620x.jpg (46 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
60218-283945-Reinhardtpng-620x.jpg
46 KB, 620x350
Reinhardt and Bastion.

My god does Reinhardt's shield trivialize defense and pushes to the point where its not even fun.

And if his beefy shield breaks, he gets it back in 5 fucking seconds.
>>
>14 overwatch threads
>>
>>336927272
>No Soldier 76
>>
Junrkat is the ultimate casual companion.

If you get under 15 kills a game with junkrat, you suck and should give up videogames for life
>>
>>336927802
get fucked, randy
>>
>>336927719
ITS HIIIIIIIII-bleh
>>
For skill floors, replace Widow with Roadhog and Pharah with Junkrat.

Both of those are easy enough to play but completely worthless if whoever plays them has dogshit aim. Roadhog practically auto-aims his hook and self heals, while Junkrat lets you just spam grenades blindly and get kills. They're still useful in the hands of retards, like the rest of OP's picks.
>>
File: image_35.jpg (42 KB, 322x504) Image search: [Google]
image_35.jpg
42 KB, 322x504
>>336927828
PEOPLE ONLY DO THIS WHEN OVERWATCH COMES OUT!!
>>
>>336927272
>pharah
Nah fuck you, i suck with pharah and i'm good with supposedly hard characters like genji.
>>
>>336927272
Mercy
Winston
Symmetra
Reinhardt
Lucio

Maybe switch out Symmetra for Bastion but people are starting to shut down bastion a lot more now.
>>
Soldier 76 is easy to play if you can aim, he does good damage and has no spread at all if you shoot in bursts. I completely shred tanks from a safe distance with him
>>
>>336927272
McGree and Soldier are definitely for new characters. They're very easy to understand in their entirety, and have a lot of very generous abilities for escape and recovery.

I'd argue Mercy isn't that easy, you have to be patient and willing to stare at some other player's ass while watching your own back at the same time. It takes a certain skill to be able to follow some of the characters while keeping situational awareness.
>>
File: 1426147986754.gif (1 MB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
1426147986754.gif
1 MB, 200x160
>>336927828
>Implying Soldier 76 doesn't have one of the highest skill ceilings
>>
>>336927272
1. Junkrat
2. Junkrat
3. Junkrat
4. Junkrat
5. Junkrat
>>
I haven't really played any FPS before Overwatch, and I also have barely any natural talent at video games

How do I learn to aim consistently? I gave up on playing Hanzo because I can't aim for shit, I'm doing ok as Soldier76 now but I still get slapped silly by Mei or in half of 1v1 encounters because I suck at aiming for the head
>>
>>336928465
download unreal tournament 99
create a game with a bot on hardest difficulty, 1v1
choose that one flat map (I forgot the name of)
set the game speed to 2x

play for 20-30 minutes every day

alternatively, play Quake 3 Arena or Quake Live if you have it
>>
>>336927272
I like the Heavy. Sandvich is Op.
>>
File: Reinhardt on payload.gif (958 KB, 310x248) Image search: [Google]
Reinhardt on payload.gif
958 KB, 310x248
>>336927742
The shield is amazing at blocking ults. But if you don't have a player on defense whose job is to be annoying and get behind enemy lines, you'll always lose to Reinhardt.
>>
>>336927272
>Lucio

i dont think so, hitting something with his gun is not that easy

Soldier and McRee sohuld be on your shitty list instead of Lucio and Pharah
>>
>>336927917
This post made me laugh, even though battleborn is the better game.
>>
>>336927832
t. salty Bastion player
>>
>>336927272
All of them
>>
>>336927802
Most of them are waifu bullshit or children crying about how it costs money and isn't TF2
>>
>>336929461
McCree for sure is one of the easiest.

Press E and right click to kill every single hero. No exceptions. Not very fun to play against. Either the stun should last less time or right click do considerably less damage.

Only killing tanks if you get a couple of headshots in there.
>>
>>336928380
That's not what OP asked. You can be useful on 76 as a complete noob. He's the tutorial character for fuck's sake.
>>
>>336927272
You could be eating your keyboard and get play of the game as reaper.
>>
>>336927425
This
Junkrat is pretty much the easiest character in the game to do well as.
>>
In no real order:
>Bastion
>Junk rat
>Soldier 76
>Torbjorn
>Symmetra
>Widow maker
>Pharr ah

I think that's almost half the cast. Fuck.
>>
>>336930471
There are 21 characters.
>>
>>336930471
>"Pharr ah"
Fucking autocorrect

Forgot
>McCree
>>
>>336928465
If u wanna Learn to aim then just keep playing soldier 76 till ur aim gets better also mei is retardedly broken and if u can't improve ur aim just play support
>>
>>336929903
The e already lasts for a really short time
>>
File: Ra[1].jpg (239 KB, 1071x1124) Image search: [Google]
Ra[1].jpg
239 KB, 1071x1124
>nobody shitting on my main
Feels good.
>>
>>336927425
>>336927832
>>336927974
>>336928453
Hard to hit anyone with those grenades though since they dont detonate on ground impact.
>>336927472
Too hard to hit anything with McRee though since has high reshot time.
>>336927742
Bastion yes, Reinhardt maybe. Only if you know to stay near objective and not go runing around.
>>336927828
Soldier 76 does no damage, dies easy.
>>336927974
Roadhog has no range
>>
File: miles-crossed(c).gif (340 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
miles-crossed(c).gif
340 KB, 256x192
>>336927272
>What are the easiest to play Overwatch characters?

All of them.
Absolutely none of them are even remotely difficult to play.
>>
>>336932868
>Hard to hit anyone with those grenades though since they dont detonate on ground impact.
Ammo is unlimited in this game m8
You can sit in a comfy corner, spam it in the direction of incoming enemies and still be relatively useful.
If you can actually hit someone with grenades (it's not too hard it you actually played a Demo) then it's even better
>>
>>336933052
>>336933052
>>
>>336933052
genji and tracer
>>
>>336927742
>Bastion and Mercy behind Reinhardt's shield
Have fun, attackers.
>>
>>336933195
they arent hard
they're just different
>>
>>336929520
you made me laugh as well
>>
While I agree that Mercy is easy to play, it doesn't mean she's easy to play well. When I go mercy I heal over 9-10k pretty often, I rarely see others get over 4-5k.
>>
Junkrat
Soldier 76
Reinhardt
>>
>>336933269
Oh?
And what class is difficult to play as in any of these class-based shooters out there?
>>
>>336933195
>genji and tracer

How are they difficult? Tracer even has a oops-i-fucked-up button on a short cooldown.

Genji is also piss easy. What are you having trouble with? Hitting people with shuriken? Hitting people in melee? Doing the very difficult melee into swift strike combo? Using deflect? What?
>>
>>336932825
He's solid. Can't complain when he slays me. Decent damage, good skill set, low health.

>Itjustworks.png
>>
File: potg2.webm (3 MB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
potg2.webm
3 MB, 800x500
Junkrat is pretty ez, but he also has a lot of variety in his kit for different situations which gives him some nice depth.

Ez potg's.
>>
>>336933206
I play mercy, I've always played support classes in games.

I find the Reinhardt + Mercy "combo" underwhelming. The second Rein activates his shield it signals to me to heal the rest of my team.

I immediately fly around, healing my team, keep an eye on Rein, find nearby offense and buff them, but there's really no reason to sit there an heal him in the shield.
>>
I'm only good with road hog and d.va
>>
>>336933436
Scout in TF2 is much harder to play effectively than both Genji and Tracer. Spy is also more difficult.

Mind you, this is really saying something as to how braindead Overwatch heroes are to play.
>>
>>336927272
All of them
>>
Are they planning on adding anything new once the beta is over?

Anything like new maps/heros/anything?
>>
>>336933684
spy is just different
scout is extremely easy to play as, sorry
>>
>>336927272
I dunno OP, if you don't know what you are doing you can pretty much fuck up bad.
>>
>>336933206
>reinhardt and mercy

Are you retarded? Mercy and Zarya has infinitely better synergy.
>>
>>336933497
Adults are talking Charlie
>>
File: 7msedlL.jpg (62 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
7msedlL.jpg
62 KB, 437x437
>>336933734
Yeah. And all of its gonna be free
>>
>>336933736
>scout is extremely easy to play as, sorry

As I said, Genji and Tracer are both much easier to play than Scout and that's really saying something of how braindead heroes are to play in Overwatch.

Pay attention, my low brow friend.
>>
>>336933497
>Genji is also piss easy
Genji is one of the hardest characters in the game to be efficient at. His reticule and shuriken hitbox is one of the smallest, you have to land all 3 to do any sort of damage and he's squishy as hell.

His ult is also underwhelming.
>>
Bastion best dakka dakka
D.VA for flanking and layung down flak the allahu akbar for a 5 piece
Mercy for good little bitches to take my dick
Reinhardt for shield and laying a smakdown
Soldier for boring but efficient
Hook fucker for dragging cunts to you and beefing them then healing

Ez mode
>>
>>336933898
I mean more like soon after the beta?
I'm loving the game but I feel like I've done it all incredibly quick, there isn't a huge amount of content.
>>
>>336933849
>Adults are talking Charlie

Apparantely not since you seem to think Tracer and Genji are difficult to play.

Then again, you could be a mentally handicapped adult. Is this the case?
>>
>>336933971
>Genji is one of the hardest characters in the game to be efficient at

Again, which isn't saying much.

>>336934004
Don't hold your breath, this is Blizzard we're talking about here.

Also look at the core game and how little content it has, let that set the tone.
>>
>>336934004
I don't know. Blizzard is a bitch when it comes to telling people what's gonna happen with their games
>>
>>336934178
So what games do you find difficult then?
>>
>>336933923
And like I said, scout is extremely easy to play as if you have rudimentary fps skills and with Genji on the other hand you cant rely on the same to help you take on a good and capable enemy team
Scout is pretty much braindead.
>>
>>336934261
>So what games do you find difficult then?

How is this relevant? It's clear you're agreeing with me anyway since you have no rebuttal.
>>
>>336934518
Let me guess, you were not on the high school debate team
>>
>>336934282
>trying to pretend genji is difficult to play

Jesus christ, you people really are low brow.
>>
>>336934518
I never stated the game was difficult in the first place, I just stated Genji is one of the harder characters to play in the game.

I'm asking what games you find difficult?
>>
>>336934643
you're pathetic since you cant accept anything
you're clearly bad at video games, both paying them and understanding them
>>
>>336933817
again, i don't get this Mercy + Rein stuff.

I much prefer to help D.va's and Roadhogs, they benefit much more from my heals and buffs, as far as tanks go.

With Heal-switching (I don't know what else to call it, but basically hold down the R-click and then heal with L-Click, since it will override, and you'll always be buffing or healing) D.Va becomes a very scary assault tank.

It's not that I'm saying Rein is bad, just that the team benefits more from me buffing assaults and blanket healing my team than helping him.

Also can you guys be more aware of your Mercy's presence? Try to be in areas that I can target you with flight. It benefits you, me and the whole team since I can a) escape b) get to you and be c)have more total area control.
>>
>>336930149
Yeah, whatever, try killing anyone with his aim required low damage rifle while people are flying around all over the place.
>>
>>336934643
>trying to pretend scout is difficult to play

Jesus christ, you people really are low brow.
>>
I would say that McCree has a really high skill ceiling and is highly rewarding to master but I would be a lying cunt because every single last one of the fuckers just uses Right Click.

I fucking dueled one just 5 minutes ago that even in close proximity refused to even at least try and hit me with a Left Click even though it would do more damage and he was 100% sure where it was going to go.

Its so close to being exactly what it should be but the Right Click needs a massive reduction in damage.

The most Braindead class is Bastion because you don't even have to fucking move and theres a high chance that desperate to win faggots will flock to and protect your ass anyway.
>>
>>336927272
You can actually make pretty nice plays with Mercys jump, since you can even jump backwards towards people you are healing / buffing. Switching to pistol and killing people mid jump feels really good.

She's easy to learn but a lot harder to master than most think.
>>
>>336934778
He's harder than anything in Overwatch at least.
If only other characters were faster.
>>
>>336934601
Look who's talking, you can't even stay on topic and have to resort to irrelevant logical fallacies.

Instead of providing counter arguments where you say whatyou think makes Genji or whatever so difficult to play you instead resort to the red herring approach of changing the topic since you feel you lost the argument but simply don't want to admit it.

This is like arguing with greade-schoolers.
>>
>>336934772
His shots have pretty much instant travel time and a huge clip with no drop off, he's definitely one of the easiest, you barely need to lead at all on moving targets.
>>
>>336934881
this, if you see a mercy not being speed incarnate, flying all around the map and helping everyone they are shit tier. Especially if there is a pharrah on the team, she allows for Mercy to real to anyone when she boosts.
>>
I just played Road Hog for the first time and he seems easy as fuck.
>L shift+click once or twice
>kill
Not to mention he has tons of health and a self heal.
>>
>>336934887
If you want fast go play quake or unreal, Scout is not even remotely fast compared to those so saying something is bad because it isn't fast isn't an argument.
>>
>>336934903
>This is like arguing with greade-schoolers.
Again, which isn't saying much.
>>
>>336934678
>I just stated Genji is one of the harder characters to play in the game.

Whch yet again isn't saying much.

>>336934737
>y-you're just bad!

I am really loving this low brow crowd even falling back on tired old idiot logical fallacies like this one.

Clearly if someone thinks a game is too braindead easy then they're "bad" at it. Flawless logic there, mr low brow.

>>336934767
>again, i don't get this Mercy + Rein stuff.

People are idiots and can't even see painfully obvious synergy right in front of them. This is why people are complaing about heroes like Bastion.

There is no better partner for Mercy than Zarya.
>>
>>336935131
I'm other anon, never said overwatch is bad he takes more skill than anything in OW. Specially his skillshot.
>>
>>336932868
>soldier 76 does no damage
You know jack shit about the game
>>
if we're talking "easy to play" in a game as accessible and easy as OW then i have to assume we're talking to real bottom of the barrel in terms of FPS skill, and gaming aptitude in general, so i'll approach the question that way.

Mercy - you might think you're being useful because you can heal but you're getting pretty close to being as good as an empty spot here. you need movement, situational awareness, map/positioning knowledge, high uptime (not running back from spawn), reactions, and big fuckin' balls. also we have to assume a soloQ scenario, in which case you'll have the blind leading the blind, as you try to follow other shitters who are all doing the complete wrong thing, too. want a newbie healer? pick lucio instead. passive healing, and the low CD blast + speedboost means you can escape from all the terrible situations you and your team will put you into. until you are like +45% team healing and +20% revives with Mercy, don't bother, you added nothing.

Pharah - I'd like to agree with you but the fact that the majority of Pharahs i see are always stood on the ground, lets say no, pressing shift and holding space/M2 is too complex to manage. for an easy damage hero lets take Soldier76 instead. you don't have to learn flight paths and the Z layer of maps, you just run around on the ground, you don't need to remember health pack locations, you just make one, and you don't have to learn any unfamiliar weapons, you just hose people with a simple, down to earth AR.

something like;
Lucio
Soldier76
Bastion
torb
and we have no tank, so just fucking take any of them, you'll be shit at it anyway.
>>
>>336927272
1. lucio
2. reinhartd
3. soldier 76
4. winston
5. torbjorn
>>
>>336934849
>I would say that McCree has a really high skill ceiling

He has extremely high damage and a hitscan weapon along with one of the few stuns in the game, surely you're joking.
>>
>>336935121

try M2, Shift, M1, melee.
>>
Even though everything in Overwatch is massively fucking obvious and easy somehow I have been in lots and lots of games with people having no fucking idea what any of their classes do.

Junkrats never Conc Jumping anywhere.
McCrees not knowing that the roll reloads the gun
Roadhogs not holding down Left Click when they hook someone so it instantly goes off and then comboing that into a melee.
I have no once seen a Pharah use a Conc missile to get herself airborne and out of trouble.

Like come the fuck on you useless fuckers.
>>
>>336935232
>Zarya

Do her turrets get the damage boost? I've not been able to test it because no one plays her except me, and when I play her no one plays Mercy.
>>
>>336935376
stopped reading at joking
>>
>>336935427
I think you're overestimating your own abilities, but thats fine- you're anonymous here after all
>>
>>336935376

Left Click does way more damage with a low rate of fire, hitting headshots with that murders pretty much anything at medium range. Thats where the skill comes into it.

Just because you can hit E then Right Click in almost every situation does not take that part of the character away.
>>
>>336935427
>Even though everything in Overwatch is massively fucking obvious and easy somehow I have been in lots and lots of games with people having no fucking idea what any of their classes do.

Why does this surprise you? It's targeted at the low brow crowd. It's as dumbed down as humanly possible yet people still have trouble wrapping their heads around the game and heroes.
>>
>>336935461
not him but... that was the end of the sentence, friend
>>
people say pharah is easy but i never see someone play her well
>>
>>336927272
>widowmaker
>character completely dependent on aim
>easy
what
>>
eh, find I Zenyatta pretty easy you don't really have too do much half the time. Healing is pretty automated same with the debuff
>>
>>336935446
>Do her turrets get the damage boost?

You're thinking of Symmetra.

Zarya is the tank that can apply and shield/barrier to herself and to one ally and when said shields absorb damage they amplify the damage Zarya does.
So long as said shields are active they will block everything until depleted, that includes CC.

>>336935461
Yes you generally stop reading at the end of a post.

>>336935562
You're talking as if actually hitting enemy players is a challenge.
>>
>>336935551

Don't get me wrong I am far far from being considered good. I am shit at games and I will easily admit that, I'm old I don't feel the need to pretend to be good at videogames anymore. With that said this is me saying that I have seen each of those things multiple times. I've come across really good players at the sametime, like they actually read the description of the hero and what they can do and tried shit out.
>>
>>336935665
shes like playing soldier in TF2, easy to pick up but impossible to master
>>
>>336935587
>not him
it?
>>
every single character in the game but the robot monk
>>
>>336935587
>>336935880

did blizz not give you some kind of induction before sending you into 4chan?

thats savage.
>>
>>336935880

The nothing ever has a high skill ceiling because apparently hitting headshots constantly is a piece of piss in every game ever fucking created.
>>
>>336935774

She never has to unscope aside from reloading. Does stupid bodyshot damage, takes little time to fully charge and can shit out shots after landing a charged body hit anyway.

Playing Widow feels like fucking cheating because its so easy.
>>
>>336935880
Oh shit I am, Of the many games I've played I've YET to see a Zarya in play.

I really like playing with good D.Vas as Mercy. They do a shit ton of damage with the damage boost (you just have to be very twitchy with it, since her health seems so low for a tank). They also generally know when to stay mobile with their flight which lets me move with them, and get better sightlines on the rest of the team to keep them moving. But yeah, Zarya seems very nice to play with, Rein is very self-sufficient, there's no need to help him out
>>
Someone give this 'low brow' guy a new word thats not cuck or shill
>>
>>336936076
You have a character with extremely strong hitscan bullets that can rapidly empty his chamber at close range (for an almost guaranteed kill) yet think this character is somehow difficult?
Said character has a mobility tool that also instantly reloads his weapon.
In addition he also has a skill that stun enemies and can even cancel characters ultimates.
This is the hero you think is difficult to play?

Do you think Mei is difficult too?
>>
>>336935978
robot monk is so much fun though
>>
>>336936350
Although that does make me very curious, DOES Sym get the damage boost for her turrets from Mercy? Same with Tobjorn, i suppose
>>
>>336936421

I never said any of that you fucking spastic.
>>
File: s.png (393 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
s.png
393 KB, 449x401
>>336932868
>Soldier 76 does no damage
>>
>>336934054
And there is you, butt-ablaze
>>
File: hefellfortheoverwatchjew.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hefellfortheoverwatchjew.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Every single hero in the game is terribly easy to play, even without taking ultimates into consideration. Nothing feels satisfying to play in the game from what I've experienced in my short time dicking around with it.

>>336935427
Pharah is pretty much the only hero I play, and I use the conc to get out of trouble all of the time. Most importantly to get out of the random bottomless pits all over after getting knocked into one by some random ultimate, stun, knock, or whatever.

I can't wait until this open beta is over so I can stop playing this terrible FOTM. Does Blizzard really want to push this as another 'competitive' game? Laughable if true.
>>
>>336935929
>>336936052
What the fuck are you people trying to say?
>>
>>336936421

TF2 Soldier can shoot the ground near enemies and get kills easily.

Whats that? You can Rocket Jump and Air Shot and he actually has a very high skill ceiling in predicting movement and rocket placement?

Why would you do that when you can shoot the ground instead?
>>
File: proxies.jpg (62 KB, 640x422) Image search: [Google]
proxies.jpg
62 KB, 640x422
>>336933206
Can somebody make an edit of this image with Bastion saying "Good luck I'm behind 5 Reinhardts"?
>>
>>336936557
Since you don't elaborae at all I'm trying to understand what makes you think he's so difficult? What makes him have such a high skill ceiling?

>>336936393
Low brow perfectly fits in here, which is why I use it.
Blizzard specifically targeted the low brow crowd with Overwatch. Their goal was to make an inoffensive and extremely accessible multiplayer shooter prett much anyone can pick up and play.
Naturally this will greatly lower the skill floor and ceiling.
>>
>>336927272
Here's the real list:

5) Pharah
4) Junkrat
3) Bastion
2) Tjorborn
1) Mei
>>
>>336936931
>lowering the floor somehow also intrinsically lowers the ceiling.
>>
>>336936709
Why are you resorting to red herrings? Oh wait I know the answer, you stubbornly don't want to admit to the fact that Overwatch is extremely shallow and easy so you want to try and deflect by changing the topic from Overwatch to another game and try and win that argument via said red herrings approach.
>>
>>336936350

zarya is the perfect second tank to buddy another tank i think. first tank uses their survivability, then she shields them for more survivability, then tags in to tank the frontline with her own survivability.
>>
>>336937106
>>lowering the floor somehow also intrinsically lowers the ceiling.

Are you saying Overwatch has a high skill ceiling?
If so, by all means elaborate on the details and why you think so.
What are the difficult parts or heroes to master?
>>
>>336935901
you can master her in 5 minutes
>>
>>336937143
If only people played her.
>>
File: 267px-Mei-portrait.png (137 KB, 267x350) Image search: [Google]
267px-Mei-portrait.png
137 KB, 267x350
>>336937024
>People get wrecked by me as Mei
>They switch to Mei because she's gotta be really good right?
>Wreck them again

Haha, that was great
>>
>>336936621

Exactly.

Aren't you supposed to like, fit in naturally with "the youth"? Do they even train you on memes? warm you up with some readit posting instead.
>>
File: 1436332753386.gif (758 KB, 336x200) Image search: [Google]
1436332753386.gif
758 KB, 336x200
>tfw almost everyone severely underestimates Zenyatta
>tfw pairing up with a Reinhardt as Zenyatta
>>
>>336937345
Mei is literally broken as hell on king of the hill matches.

>>336937143
It's probably because nobody likes butch lesbians
>>
Is Roadhog for shitters? I fucking love him so much
>>
>>336936931
How long have you played this game? You realize matchmaking cycles you to increasingly better groups of opponents? When you do poorly or even lose a game it sends you back to a worse group.

Secondly: you don't know anything about the game and you play it with a bunch of other people than don't know how to play it during an open beta.

Trust me, you dont know shit about the intricancies in this game especially when its played on a higher level against good opponents and I dont even mean good teams.

Stop sticking the low brow epithet to people, because you're pretty fucking stupid yourself, especially when you praise a crummy scout class in tf2 as being difficult to play as.
>>
>>336937438
>>tfw almost everyone severely underestimates Zenyatta

That's because he's amongst the worst heroes in the game along with Symmetra.
>>
>>336937309

I play her. :3

The problem is I'd rather have a Rein in most situations, and we never have 1 tank let alone 2. Since I like to win I suck it up and roll with Rein.
>>
>>336937554
No he isn't, people just don't know how to play him.
>>
>>336937252
You didn't elaborate on anything moron you just went into a nuh uh -you! argument with someone else

>>336937623
you must be playing against shitters
>>
>>336928380
>sprinting + high DPS + accuracy with little falloff damage
>wallhacks
>self healing aoe
>autoaim ultra

As if he was anywhere near as high as Lucio, junkrat, or tracers skill ceilings.
>>
>>336937691
Explain to me how Zenyatta is bad. He's an excellent harasser and if paired up properly shreds through people.
>>
File: 1436217278329.gif (566 KB, 360x359) Image search: [Google]
1436217278329.gif
566 KB, 360x359
>>336937483
>Defense character
>Good at holding a point

WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAH
>>
>>336937252
Not what I'm saying, and don't know why the post got deleted. Just saying that making something easier to understand does not also lower the ceiling. That's not how skill works. For reference: go is a relatively simple game of few rules, but it still has a massive skill ceiling.

But, to answer your question: It's been 3 days, it takes a much greater time, and more dedicated efforts, to really see where the game lies on the spectrum. I for one am not convinced, but can see the potential.

Just pointing out your fallacy.

dummy
>>
>>336937553
So to sum up
>you're just bad!
>what do you know!?
>you don't understand how high of a skill ceiling this game has!
>you're stupid!

Staggering amounts of intelligence. Your asspain is real.

Why do you have problems accepting that something you like can actually be very shallow and simple? Are you that insecure?
>>
>>336937825
hes bad because hes a waste of a slot
>>
>>336938015
>Your asspain
I'll cut this short.
You're not even funny, your posts cause no effect in people, you're arguing with yourself and people are calling you a moron, get a clue
>>
>>336938045
>he's bad because I say so
Well alright.
>>
>>336937583
Rein and Roadhog seems to help the team most often, though like I said in another post: strong D.Vas are a blessing as a mercy player, but they're few and far between.
>>
>>336938045
literally just went 'nuh-uh'
>>
>>336937623
>No he isn't, people just don't know how to play him.

Dude. He literally has 2 fire and forget buff/debuffs, a ranged attack and a charged ranged attack.

He dies to one bodyshot from Widowmaker while providing worse utility than Lucio and Mercy.
>>
Played this game for 3 matches. Got a 15 kill streak on the bow dragon guy on my first match and shredded people with reaper on my second and got absolutely demolished by a reaper on my third.

I'd argue those two are pretty easy to play.
>>
>>336938221
elaborate on why you think I said 'nuh-uh'
>>
>>336937825
>excellent harasser
except he's not, he's only good for his buffs and debuff and there are better options
>>
>>336937691
>You didn't elaborate on anything moron you just went into a nuh uh -you! argument with someone else

You elaborate on nothing so all anyone that partake in a "discussion" with you is guess what you're thinking.

So if you won't elaborate we're done here. Thanks for conceding.
>>
I'm shit at the game and Mei and Lucio are easy enough for me to do well with.
>>
>>336927272
>Pharah
>Easy

Her rockets deal barely any splash damage, you have to hit people directly to actually do damage and if you stay on the ground you're useless.

I'd say Hanzo is one of the easiest ones, his arrows deal a fuck ton of damage, have a huge hitbox, can be spammed fast as fuck and his ultimate is the best in the game.
>>
>>336938360
iq dropped sharply in the thread when 'low brow' guy started shitposting his faultless opinions on game design
>>
>>336928465

Turn all mouse acceleration in windows settings and in your games settings as well.

Acceleration is fine for desktop usage but makes you jumpy and overreactive in games.

Also, make sure your sensitivity is neither too high to be accurate nor too slow to react to threats outside your cone of vision. This may also have to be adjust both in-game and natively.

Once your mouse is dialed in, the only deviding factor left is practice.
>>
i hope people talking about X is op, nerf Y have made it past level 10. That's when you get matched up with people that's level 50+

Me and a friend won every game up to level 10. That's when people with actual skills show up.
>>
>>336927272
In no particular order, the easiest:
Soldier 76
Bastion
Lucio
Junkrat
Pharah

There are also some others that become easy once you learn their particular strategy, like McCree, Reaper, or Torbjorn.
>>
>>336937961
>Not what I'm saying, and don't know why the post got deleted. Just saying that making something easier to understand does not also lower the ceiling. That's not how skill works. For reference: go is a relatively simple game of few rules, but it still has a massive skill ceiling.

Why are you comparing Overwatch to something like Go?
The game is extremely shallow and low on content. It has been "out" for about a year. There are no real secrets to the game.
What exactly do you think will be revealed or discovered in terms of gameplay? People will discover something radical with Bastion or something?
Do you know what the very first thing I did when I booted up the beta? I went into the dummy training and went over all the characters in as much detail as possible while reading information on wiki's and shit. I counted how much time Tracer rewinds with recall, combos, etc.
I wanted to analyze the depth of the game. Did you do something like this? I seriously doubt it, you most likely jumped directly into playing quick matches almost instantly.
The game is as shallow as a puddle.

Go on low brow, tell me why you think this game will magically present amazing depth. If you can that is, which judging by your prior posts isn't likely
>>
>>336938196
Yes idiots with no rebuttals but insults call me stupid, that is sure to upset me.
All that does is give me the satisfaction of knowing that you concede since you're pushed up against the ropes with no counter arguments.

Pathetic.
>>
The gap in usefulness between Lucio and every other support is really ridiculous. His passive aoe heal that you can boost temporarily makes objective captures way too fucking easy, and his ultimate completely nullifies ults like the RIP-Tire.
>>
>>336939098
>went on a 2 hour tirade where he said or explained nothing about the game

must be nice being a worthless sack of shit with nothing to do all day long but shitpost

cant get more low brow than shitposter on /v/
>>
File: onlywatch.png (85 KB, 640x275) Image search: [Google]
onlywatch.png
85 KB, 640x275
>>336936901
>>
>>336939383
Thanks for conceding.
>>
>>336939225
pathetic is another word you can use in your shitpostings
better write it down
>>
>>336939413
Based
>>
>>336939484
You too, thanks for having no actual counter arguments or contributing to any discussion and conceding to me.
>>
>>336939465
>>336939595

concede about what exactly? your posts say nothing and call people low brow
dedicated shitposter, how sad
>>
is low brow guy whipping up his next big masterpiece comment or what?
>>
>>336939632
Why you don't even discuss anything, provide no counter arguments... instead you simply contribute noting by shitposting by calling others shitposters because you're unwilling to admit to being wrong.

So thanks yet again my low brow friend. People like you are satisfying to witness since it makes even a person of average intelligence feel superior, so thanks for existing and conceding.

Now maybe get better and more knowledgeable at the game. It's pretty pathetic when even I know more about it than you do that indirectly claims to like Overwatch.
>>
there he is
>>
I really like playing Winston. Feels good but a tiny bit lackluster in damage

Some teeny tiny tweaks/buffs would be nice
>>
>>336940098
let me count the number of arguments you have made thus far

none

I see that you're making good use of pathetic in the meanwhile, writing it down was a good tip huh?
>>
>>336927272
Genji isn't too hard to play. You just have to get good at quick striking and turning around.
>>
>>336934767
I blame TF2
>>
>>336940464
Though I do agree with the poster above saying he is more difficult to master and use against good players than not just the rest of the Overwatch cast but the TF2 Scout as well
>>
>>336939098
Reading is not your strong suit, friendo.

>Just saying that making something easier to understand does not also lower the ceiling. That's not how skill works. For reference: go is a relatively simple game of few rules, but it still has a massive skill ceiling.

I'm not comparing Overwatch to Go, I'm putting your thoughts on skill ceiling lowering due to lowing the skill floor into perspective by using Go.

Again, I'm not saying that the game WILL present some depth, I'm saying it has the potential. I kinda hesitate to draw a comparison now due to your past inability to understand what I'm typing, but look at fighting games for example: the ideas of what is and is not viable fluctuate heavily over the first few months of it being in public access, and that is a comparatively low install base.

Don't underestimate the public's ability to make or break a game. A fair small amount of people have had access up until this point, and betas are notoriously poor representations of team games in particular. A huge sample of players is the true test, for competition.

I, right now, wouldn't surprised if, once people are working on teams on a larger scale, we find out there is more depth to the game, what with a greater emphasis on team construction than other, similar games. I, also, wouldn't be surprised if, with the smaller team sizes, the same teams get played over and over again, and the game stagnates very quickly.

People literally unable to read basic English at a level that a 5th grader would be comfortable isn't exactly my idea of "highbrow", big guy.
>>
>>336940349
Kiddo go to bed
>>
>>336940349
>let me count the number of arguments you have made thus far
>..
>..
>none

Very convenient shitpost from someone that ironically has 0 counter arguments or even arguments for that matter, just shitposts.

Now I have made several extensive posts going into multiple topics, from how easy heroes are to play to the synergy between zarya and mercy.
Seeing however as you're too stubborn to admit to being wrong and showing your full on determination to continue to shitpost I see very little point in wasting my time on you.

So stay delusional then thinking that this game has an incredible skill ceiling and several (if not all of the heroes) are exceptionally difficult to play.
After all, how could YOU of all people ever play something that is a casual game? Hahaha.
>>
can you guys get to the sex scene already, your flirting and non-arguing is getting autistic.
>>
>>336941001
Literally arguing with yourself, I never said ANY of those things in your post and you still havent said anything besides "shallow"
Literally nothing, not one argument.

Good job champ, a burger joint can use someone with your skill set.
>>
>>336940787
>says that overwatch has the potential for incredible depth because fighting games can, despite not even comprehending the vast differences in mechanical depth

you can't go beyond the mechanics of the game. you will not discover some new way to play bastion that adds several layers of depth to the hero because the designers designed the game in such a way as to not allow, thought most likely not intentionally to disallow growth of depth.
you think depth comes from nowhere.
>>
>>336941279
>I never said ANY of those things

You never said anything beyond shitposting.
>>
he's now literally arguing that metagaming doesn't exist, the complete madman

ABORT
ABORT
>>
>>336941470
Wrong guy
>>
>>336941526
You're saying that the game will add massive growth in terms of depth for no reason.

Give examples on things people have discovered over the course of the year or recently.
>>
>>336941696
You elaborate first
>>
>>336941749
You're the one making the claim that growth will happen. Are you saying you can't back that bold claim up with any kind of evidence?
>>
>>336940328
Yeah indeed. He is so much fun, but some others characters you just can't win against.
>>
>>336941894
You just admitted you haven't played more than 2 hours. Maybe you'll get some brain growth until tomorrow when we'll have this same "argument" again.
>>
>>336933684
>scout
>harder

You have to be extremely delusional if you think scout is harder than genji or tracer.

They're all extremely easy, and he's not any harder than both of them
>>
File: 1462737889875.jpg (87 KB, 640x422) Image search: [Google]
1462737889875.jpg
87 KB, 640x422
>>336936901
Here
>>
>>336941342
>says that overwatch has the potential for incredible depth because fighting games can, despite not even comprehending the vast differences in mechanical depth

What I actually said:

> I kinda hesitate to draw a comparison now due to your past inability to understand what I'm typing, but look at fighting games for example: the ideas of what is and is not viable fluctuate heavily over the first few months of it being in public access, and that is a comparatively low install base.

Nothing said about a similar mechanical depth. Some fighting games have more than others, and if I referred to all fighting games as having the same mechanical depth that would be pretty retarded of me.

>you can't go beyond the mechanics of the game. you will not discover some new way to play bastion that adds several layers of depth to the hero because the designers designed the game in such a way as to not allow, thought most likely not intentionally to disallow growth of depth.

Answer me honestly: what is the frame-data of Tracer's L-Shift? What are the start up frames? You did all this work, wrote down every single thing about the game apparently. I'm going to use fighting games as an example again, but I'll make it more clear for you. OVER WATCH IS NOT A FIGHTING GAME, TO INSINUATE OTHERWISE WOULD BE STUPID. Now that that's out of the way, keep in mind that we knew every single ounce of frame data for every SFV fighter within days. We knew every single game mechanic, what they allowed, and what they didn't. Keeping all of that in mind: The meta game changes massively from month to month, and even region to region (look at the Euro vs Asian).

Again, this is not to say that Overwatch HAS DEPTH. In fact, I'm saying I don't know quite yet.

I'm not defending Overwatch. I'm just calling you stupid.

I'd say please don't reproduce, but I don't think that's going to be an issue
>>
File: rap_battle.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
rap_battle.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>
>>336942026
>You just admitted you haven't played more than 2 hours.

I never did that, are you illiterate?

I said that when I started the beta (I never even specificed when I got invited) I analyzed each hero and the mechanics of the game while reading wiki's with information on numbers and details. I started the game by analyzing it.
Stop me at any time if you have problems understanding simple english.

But yet again you dodge answering any questions in favor of red herrings, making it crystal clear you can't back your claims up with facts. Meaning your ideas are useless and you should never even speak of them ever again.
>>
>>336943565
So you don't refute to having played it for just about 2 hours then?
Good to know game expert
>>
>>336943565
calm your sperging down.
>>
>>336940098
>336935665
>>336940349
>>336941001
>>336941279
>>336941470
>>336941583
Is this what autism looks like?
>>
>>336942651
>Answer me honestly: what is the frame-data of Tracer's L-Shift? What are the start up frames?

You don't even know the names of the skills now and assume everyone use the same keybings as you? Man you're casual.
The things you're asking for is also irrelevant. Recall rewinds the last 5 seconds instantly and gives you back the HP you had at that time along with your position.
Since this isn't a game like say Dota with targeted abilities to disjoint or whatever (like Weaver can do) there really isn't much more to say about Tracer's recall.

You're so incredibly simple it's pretty impressive actually. What would be even more impressive if you're not even aware of how devoid of intelligence you are.
You keep reiterating that "you don't know" but then proclaim that the game has the potential for all these things for no other reason than other (completely different) games having the potential without even understanding why. You say this while calling others stupid, which is just downright ironic.
>>
>>336933615
>Robobro
brb writing you
>>
>>336927272
>not including Reinhardt when you're pushing the payload
>stand on payload
>hold M2 and look at the enemy
>you're helping the team by blocking damage
>>
>>336929310

rip zyzz ;_;
>>
>>336927272
>Pharah
>easy damage
Nah, to really be efficient with Pharah you have to go for direct hits.

Also her E can be used in combination with the jetpack for really nice escapes/boosts, it's like a rocket jump basically, that takes some skill to master.

Pharah is the hero that has the biggest learning curve along with Genji.
>>
>>336943650
>So you don't refute to having played it for just about 2 hours then?

I did, but seeing as how you're illiterate I guess if I don't use capital letters and limit the number of words in a sentence to 3 your brain can't comprehend what is being said.

I didn't directly count my playtime, but I'd say it stretches up to around 40 hours before I stopped out of boredom and waning hope of noticable improvement.
I am almost certain that my understanding of the game greatly surpasses yours since I actually make it a point to be informed before discussing something and the fact that you most likely started playing the game during the open beta.

But it really is funny how all of you blind fanboys know so utterly little about a game you zealously defend with nothing but shitposts and not a single argument or fact.
But yet again, I guess that's why the game appeals to you so much, being low brow and all.
>>
>>336933497
>waahhhh rewind
How to spot a casual
Tracer has the west hp in the game and some of the lowest dps unless you're point blank. There's a reason why she has the rewind.
>>
>>336928380
>be good at aiming in general.
>shit all over everyone with generic 76

kay
>>
>>336944594
Maybe you shouldnt have spent 40 madeup hours on the same 3 maps nutcase
>>
>>336935012
Bullet weapons in Overwatch hitscan, if they were in your crosshair when you clicked, they'll be hit. There's no leading at all. Projectile weapons like Lucio M1, trolbjorn M1, etc DO have a travel time though.
>>
>>336928380
>Ult is literally a free aimbot
>>
>>336937486
I think he's fun. If you're defending on Volysaka he dominates if you hide in the little room next to Point A and just hook anyone that runs onto the point you can easily dominate. Hook, heal repeat.
Also if you have a competent friend double Roadhog can destroy against low/mid level teams. Stunlocks from hooks all day
>>
>>336944730
Tracer has the lowest HP in the game (tied with Zenyatta) because of Recall and her mobility. If a tank had Recall it would be broken.

I also fail to see how Tracer's damage is an issue because it's short ranged when her damage ranges from 60-240 per second.
>>
>>336944937
Ok then said person that obviously knows nothing about the game and is controlled by an echo chamber mindset.
>>
>be phara
>press q
>JUST- "You've Been Eliminated by a Widowmaker"
>>
>>336945326
I've been playing since october
>>
>>336945327
gotta sneak up behind big groups and fuck em up
>>
File: 1377200945023.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1377200945023.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>336945189
>playing mercy
>tracer uses three blinks to get close to me
>fag i'm healing doesn't react
>shoot her in the head
>she dies
>>
>>336945379
>I've been playing since october

Sure you have my echo chamber friend.
>>
Why do I have to walk a million miles to defend on payload maps
>>
>>336945327
It's sad how bad her ult is. Jump up into the air, shout so everyone can hear it coming and get shutdown almost instantly.
>>
Mercy is not easy, because any competent opponent will insantly target you. Be out of position by just a little bit, and youre dead.
>>
>>336933664
>I find the Reinhardt + Mercy "combo" underwhelming
>>336933817
>Are you retarded?
>>336934767

Did you ignore the part about bastion? Because that was the important part.
>>
>>336932825
I once faced a team that all went Zenyatta.

So many fucking balls jesus
>>
>>336945564
Poor map and game design.

This would be less of an issue if Symmetra wasn't terrible and her teleporter wasn't a charged ult.
>>
>>336945702
why is it bad design? why should defense have the upper hand retard

im not even asking you btw, its what they call a rhetorical question
>>
>>336938312
Not him but
>waste of a slot
>no argument
>no facts
>no evidence
>HE'S BAD CUZ I SAY SO
>>
>>336945925
>why is it bad design? why should defense have the upper hand retard

Why don't you tell me why the attackers should have the upper hand in terms of spawns? It's seriously what makes pushing the cart so easy, since the defends have much longer downtime since they have to jog all the way back to the cart while the attackers get a moving spawnpoint that always puts them right at the cart.
>>
>>336937554
>Teleporters can break if used too much

fuck this
>>
>>336946256
You elaborate first
>>
>>336945595
>>336945327
god, you must be so fucking shit to say this.

played 20h as Pharah, her ulti is balanced.
>>
>>336945702
It's not bad design, it's just balance.

The attackers have the upper hand at the start, then the more the game progresses, the less they have an advantage.
>>
>>336945595
>>336945327
If you guys are using her ultimate in the air, then you're bad. Yeah, it looks cool, but you'll die to any hitscan bullet weapons pretty easily since you don't move. It's way better as a flank on the ground move
>>
What do you prefer, CP or Payload?
>>
>>336946710
nice try FBI
>>
DROPING A TRUTH BOMB

5. Symmetra
4. Torjborn
3. Mercy
2. Junkrat
1. Roadhog
>>
>>336946710
CP obviously, payload is literally the worst fetish next to vore.
>>
>>336935901
Soldier has far more mechanical depth. However I'd agree that most pubbers won't play her that well.
>>
>>336946347
>You elaborate first

I sure do love this response. It's always spoken by the ones that absolutely cannot elaborate so they constantly ask others to do all the heavy lifting while they just shitpost.

Now apart from what I already mentioned the attackers are the ones that are supposed to do the challenging bit.
They need to first secure a point and then escort an objective to a goal.

Similarly to how sieging a castle during medieval times wasn't easy, assaulting (what is supposed to be) a prepared group of people in a fortified position should logically not be easy.
However in this game, it's by far the easiest job. This especially considering how strong the anti-fortification options you have access to.

Now you can go even more indepth into this, but the easiest way to understand it is to look at the Bomb/Payload mode in TF2 and how it was handled there.
Do you know how it worked there?
>>
Why can't i fucking hit anyone with widowmaker?
I can hit people far away with genji, with mccree, but i always fucking miss my fucking shots with widowmaker.
>>
i don't even care, i just like junkrat for being a kinda cute demoman ripoff with traps
>>
>>336934004
I think everyone on /v/ is forgetting that this is just a beta. There will most likely be more content in the full game.

Also listening to /v/'s opinion means the only games you will play for the rest of your life will be Deus Ex and Witcher.
>>
>>336946710
>What do you prefer, CP or Payload?

No mode is good in this game.
>>
File: zenya.png (559 KB, 809x805) Image search: [Google]
zenya.png
559 KB, 809x805
>>336932825
Brother!
>>
>>336947685
That's a dumb excuse and it doesn't fly anymore.
>>
>>336947685
>I think everyone on /v/ is forgetting that this is just a beta

I thought people like you were just a joke but I guess not
>>
>>336947685
>I think everyone on /v/ is forgetting that this is just a beta. There will most likely be more content in the full game.

Pretty delusional.
The game release is not far off at all. Do you really think at release will have more heroes, more maps, more modes (beyond the confirmed ranked) and so on?
You will get something new one month after release at the earliest.
>>
>>336947685
>Also listening to /v/'s opinion

You should always keep an open mind and be ready to challenge your ideas.
>>
>>336946710
CTF when
>>
>>336927272
Widowmaker is easily the highest skillcap, hardest to play, and most overpowered hero in the game.
>>
File: cowboy.jpg (71 KB, 418x455) Image search: [Google]
cowboy.jpg
71 KB, 418x455
>>336927719
>not posting the better version
>>
>>336928130
Punjab Engineer Clone is actually decentely hard, if you play her fighting. But just setting up sentries is fuckin easy as hell yeah
>>
>>336947685
HA

This is a demo, not a beta.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.