[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I still can't understand how /v/ claims this game is good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 24
File: 1462692663373.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1462692663373.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
I still can't understand how /v/ claims this game is good.

Is literally a COD version of TF2 with "ultimates" that you could only find in illegal hacks before, has /v/ gone soft with the blizzard shills?
>>
File: NOOT.jpg (119 KB, 600x458) Image search: [Google]
NOOT.jpg
119 KB, 600x458
>NOOT NOOT
>NOOT NOOT
>>
>a cod version of tf2
>>
It's fun and I'm having fun playing it, and it's actually has a fair price model to it.

It rips a lot of ideas from TF2, and that's not a bad thing. If you're going to take ideas, take from the best. The variety of characters make it a lot of fun, and it feels more like the arena shooters of old rather than a CoD type of thing.

Only one character in the game is basically "CoD", and I personally find him fairly boring, but he has some skills that make him a bit different.
>>
It's honestly nothing like TF2. It's only 6v6 and the classes are way, way more specialized than in TF2. Like yeah comp TF2 also had a lower player count, but the maps were still a lot bigger and matches lasted longer. You could also compare ultimates to uber I guess, but they aren't built the same way at all and since it isn't lost on death it's not like it's really the same dynamic. Plus ultimate just build up way faster and don't have as big of an impact as an uber. Like there's a revive I guess but you can just kill the fucking medic.

It's not really TF2. I think people just want to use TF2 as a reference point because they don't play a lot of shooters it has a rocket launcher and a pipe gun, but it's they're not really that comparable outside of being team based shooters.
>>
Saying its like tf2 with abilities is just an easier way to describe it
It's the most fun I've had with a shooter in years since tf2 really
>>
>>336888718
I'd really say it's more akin to TF2 because of the objective type, and the maps that are somewhat small and focus more on movement rather than being large.

Example, CoD or Battlefield have large maps, but for the most part in those games, you're just walking around looking for people to shoot, or maybe capture a flag or secure a point.

In TF2 (and Overwatch), the maps are more about having areas that benefit the different characters/classes movement. In Overwatch, Pharrah, D.Va, Genji, Honzo, and probably some others I can't think of at the moment can get on top of high places in most of the maps, and use them to their advantage. TF2 has the same thing, there are areas that pretty much only the Scout, Soldier, and Demoman can get to.

The heroes vs classes of course, is completely different, but some of the heroes in Overwatch definitely took some inspiration from TF2. Torbjorn builds sentries and hits them with a hammer to upgrade them. Mercy can heal people by tethering with her staff. Symmetra's ultimate is putting up a teleporter exit (entrance automatically goes to spawn).

The objective games, like TF2, are stuff like Payload (pushing a car along a road through checkpoints, to get to the end), Symmetrical Control point (both teams competing to secure the same control point for longer), and NonSymmetrical Control Points (think Dustbowl from TF2).
>>
>>336888894
You'll get bored in a week, don't worry.

>>336888718
Of course is not a carbon copy. But ot copies a lot, and i mean A LOT from Tf2. Same gamemodes, same classes and all that shit.
Truly, it IS a Tf2 knock off

>>336888703
>it's actually has a fair price model to it.
Stoped reading right there. Opinion discarded.
>>
File: 1459800090870.jpg (183 KB, 819x633) Image search: [Google]
1459800090870.jpg
183 KB, 819x633
>>336888290
Because the TF2 community is pure cancer and the drop/market system was retarded.
>>
>>336889554
>the drop/market system was retarded
The fact that you even care about this tells a lot about how mentally challenged you are and how unfit you are to make a formal opinion on the subject.
>>
OP either tell us your legitimate criticisms with the game or fuck off.
>>
Can someone translate the OP for me
>>
File: 1462122778256.jpg (277 KB, 1023x1057) Image search: [Google]
1462122778256.jpg
277 KB, 1023x1057
>>336888290
Only blizzshills and casuals claim that this game is good.
>>
>>336889251
>not a fair price model
It's literally all cosmetic. Unless you think skins get wins or something because you're underage.
>>
>>336888703
>It's fun and I'm having fun playing it, and it's actually has a fair price model to it.
TF2 was, at most, 20 bucks on launch. This is 60, and has a whole lot less content, with no promises of basic features like mod support and map making tools.

>>336888718
>Plus ultimate just build up way faster and don't have as big of an impact as an uber.
Clueless retard detected. Syncing even 2 ultimates is basically an instant win button. If you have even a slightly co-ordinated team, you'll steamroll pubs any day of the week, and attackers literally can't lose.
>>
>>336890074
It seem like /v/ is full of shills then, since the beta there are at least 2 threads on page 1 every day praising it.
>>
>>336890274
Excuse me, TF2 was absolutely barebones when it first came out.
>>
>>336890274
>mod support and map making tools
Are you fucking stupid? is a blizzard game,.
>>
>>336890462
Not that anon you replied to but holy shit your reading comprehension is terrible.
>>
>>336890397
Everyone played the beta to give it a try, of course there would be threads about it. You need to play it to see if it's bad or not
And these threads have slowed down already, in two weeks they'll just fuck off to /vg/ and you'll only occasionally stumble on them on /v/
>>
>>336890274
TF2 was 60 dollars for the Orange Box, which came with a game you already owned, a mod for the game you already owned, an expansion for the game you already owned, and TF2
>>
>>336890274
>>336890740
TF2 was $30 standalone on release, $50 on PC if you bought the Orange Box.

It only had six maps, and two of those were hydro and 2fort.
>>
>>336890404
It was well balanced, a third of the price, and had 6 maps with 3 game-modes, including 5 cap points per map.

Overwatch is a complete joke in terms of balance, triple the price, and "technically" has 12 maps but half of them consist of a single capture point, and none have more than 2 points to cap.

>>336890740
The orange box was 50 bucks, and calling Portal a mod because it used the source engine makes you look like a fucking inbred child.
>>
>>336890462
>implying starcraft 2 doesnt have mods
>implying World of Warcraft doesnt allow for UI modifications
>implying Diablo3 isnt widely considered to be their worst game and biggest blunder
>implying the other two games are free to play and not supported at all past "pay us money"

"neo" blizzard still allows for mods. The devs have openly stated that the reason there are no mod tools was because this game is on a completely new engine they've cobbled together and have not made public mod tools for
>>
>>336890874
It has more classes and team variety, you're comparing apples to oranges now.
>>
I have played TF2 for 1600h and was really bored in other games too, then i jumped into this and i'm having so much fun.
>>
>>336890120
40 buck is already a high price for this kind of game. Adding microtransactions on top of that is just milking the blizzdrones.
>>
>>336890520
It seems to be the other way around.
>>
>>336890941
>>>implying starcraft 2 doesnt have mods
Shitty custom game modes that took them years to implement, and the tools still aren't as good as the ones for W3.

Neo blizzard has never allowed mod support for a new IP, and given the game has a dumb levelling system and unlockable cosmetics they're almost certainly going to be charging real money for, the absolute best you can expect is a "custom" game type. Of course, they haven't even created a server browser, so good luck actually trying out those custom modes.

The game has been in development for YEARS, this isn't something cobbled together. If they had any intention of implementing mod support, they would have announced it by now. They don't, so they won't. Enjoy your new map packs yearly, only 20 dollars for 2 hot new maps!
>>
>>336890942
>It has a lot of whacky classes, wew
a couple of classes with setted attacks<<<<<< only nine classes with a shitton of weapons and variety
>>
>>336891160
Okay little babby anon let's read this together
>with no promises of basic features like mod support and map making tools.
>with no promises
>no promises
>no
You see that key word there? Good, that changes the entire meaning of the sentence. Go read a book or something, man.
>>
File: 85a[1].png (278 KB, 554x2043) Image search: [Google]
85a[1].png
278 KB, 554x2043
>>336890874
>It was well balanced,
Oh fuck off mate. I loved TF2 at launch but it had major balance issues at launch. Pyro was useless for half a year before his airblast was even added. Pic related was basically every encounter for the pyro.

The medic was completely unviable without a pocket soldier or heavy and had no defense of any consolation, and a heavy without a medic was as good as dead.

>a third of the price
It was $30 standalone. OW is $40.

I should know. I bought TF2 during christmas of 2007.

>3 game modes
bullshit, there were only two at the beginning: Capture point and Capture the Flag. Payload wasn't added until May of 2008.
>>
>>336891067
There have been no microtransactions in the beta

There have been no microtransactions announced for the full release.
>>
>>336888290
How is it like COD at all? Do you just put COD in sentences to make things look bad?
>>
>>336891225
Because SO MANY people use the Sun On The Stick and the Pain Train and the Winger, right? There's a lot of garbage weapons that have been added over the years and when the game first came out there were VERY few loadouts that you could select between.
>>
>>336891241
>pyro
>useless
>ever

t. Guy who can't even M1+W
>>
File: 1429752450027.png (88 KB, 265x305) Image search: [Google]
1429752450027.png
88 KB, 265x305
>>336888290
>i still cant understna how /v/ claims this game is good
GODDAMNIT STOP WITH THE RETARD GENERALIZATIONS FUCKING NOW!

IF YOU WOULD'VE BEEN IN THE THREADS YOU WOULD KNOW WE HAVE MIXED OPINIONS ABOUT IT.

FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>336891417
Written proof that you didn't play the game at launch. Pyro only got that reputation after the pyro update seriously buffed his flames. Hell, he was overpowered for a couple days.
>>
>>336891389
One, the Pain Train has it's uses, retard.
Two, just because there are like four awfull weapons in the game doesn't mean only 3 loadouts work.
>>
>>336891336
Killing requires no effort
Ultis/Rewards that kill instantly with no skill required and are awarded for doing nothing
No skill ceiling besides tracking
Etc
>>
>>336890941
Diablo 3 is actually good now tho.
>>
>>336891241
I don't think you played tf2 at a decent level if this is how you think things were, pyro was always decent and straight broken when it first got the back burner, retards just refused to play it as a actual ambush class.

Medic just requires a non garbage pocket, doesn't matter what class it is.

it had 4 modes at launch ctf, attack defend,5pointcp, and tc.
>>
>>336891536
>Pyro only got that reputation after the pyro update seriously buffed his flames.
Written proof that you sucked at Pyro.
>>
File: DAT BOI.jpg (8 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
DAT BOI.jpg
8 KB, 220x200
>>336888290
>All this implying

Good bait, though.
>>
>>336891241
>I should know. I bought TF2 during christmas of 2007.
Then you're a retarded cunt, because I bought it in beta for 20.

The third mode at launch was TC, not Payload, and it was still more interesting than anything OW has on offer. I can't believe you can't understand the monolithic gap between maps with 5 capture points and maps with 2.

>>336891536
You're dumb, dude. Pyro was great from the start, he was a fucking ambush or defence class, not a "let me run straight into a minigun" class.
>>
>>336891541
I never said the Pain Train is useless, I said no one uses it. Please read what I'm saying more carefully.

My point is that Overwatch has much more content on release than TF2 did.

Now what the important subject of the matter is that will Overwatch continue to add content over the next few years like Valve has to TF2?
>>
>>336891291
Why is there an in-game currency that you can only get from random drops, then?
>>
>2 bastions over the payload
Its over.
Game is utterly retarded and unbalanced, wasn't this is closed beta for a long time?
>>
>>336890274
On launch TF2 had 6 maps, 2 game modes, and 9 classes, and was $20.

Overwatch has 12 maps, 3 game modes, and 20 classes, and is $40.

Twice the content, twice the price.
>>
>>336891772

>junkrat mine that literally moves them off the payload

It's over
>>
>>336891067
>40 buck is already a high price for this kind of game

That's just, like, your opinion, man
>>
unlike TF2, it's actually good.
>>
>>336891694
I will never understand the more content thing when orange box was 3 games and 2 expansions for $30.
>>
>>336891772
Yes, it was in closed beta for a long time, and it was almost unanimously decided that Bastion is a pub-stomper who wrecks uncoordinated noobs and gets wrecked by anyone with half a brain

He sees almost no pro play, outside of gimmicky strats that involve using him to get a few ambush kills and then switching heroes
>>
>>336892024

It wasn't only available in the orange box, dipshit
>>
>>336892024
No, you're not going to deflect this argument into something completely different. You were talking about TF2, not the orange box. Stay on fucking topic anon.
>>
>>336891067
Fucking poorfags get the fuck out
Even if there were just like 3 maps and 10 heroes I'd rather the game not be F2P to keep a lot of third world trash and poorfags like you out. Also reduces smurfs and cheaters.
>>
>>336888290
>I don't have 5 friends to play with
It's pretty casual for a shooter but it's fun to play comps and use team work to win. I find attacking way more fun than defending
>>
>>336892083
I'm not even the guy you were arguing with, just bringing up the point that everyone got tf2 from orange box.
>>
>>336888290
Its catering to the retards who weren't good enough for TF2 which is pretty sad since TF2 has so many classes that don't need great aim to succeed already.

Everyone wants to feel special and what better way to do that than to give everyone ultimates that require no skill whatsoever to use and everyone gets to play as a deviant art special snowflake superhero. After all why should the people who spent hours and hours learning every inch of the map and mastering every weapon win fights? Why should I have to invest any amount of time whatsoever to be good?
>>
>>336891893
On paper is not the same as in practice. Those 6 maps were far better and more complex than any of OW's 12. With the exception of 2fort, I'd take any of the original maps over ALL of the current OW maps. They're that much worse.

The game-modes TF2 shipped with included more than twice the control points for twice the complexity, and CTF, which is probably the single most important game-mode for any team based shooter.

20 classes is impressive, except most of them are unbalanced as fuck, and have half the weapons of their TF2 counterparts. With almost no classes having long range weapons, the sniper is completely broken, which is why every map is just a series of windy hallways to break the LOS as much as possible.
>>
>>336889251
>You'll get bored in a week, don't worry.
Why are you acting so but hurt that people are enjoying video games? Did you blizzard hate bandwagon get to your head?
>>
>>336892298
>most of them are unbalanced as fuck
>almost no classes having long range weapons
>the sniper is completely broken
So, you're just bad at video games? Explains a lot. You're like one of those shitter crying about Bastion being overpowered.
>>
Why did you lie to me /v/?

You told me this game is for casuals and even the worst people can feel a hero and do cool things with a button press. I'm absolutely bottom feeder in any multiplayer game I ever played no matter how long was I practicing it. After playing the game for dozens of hours I can say Overwatch is the same. I can barely kill anyone, I get killed in seconds no matter what hero I'm using and the only time I'm not a liability for my team is when I go support and even then I barely contribute something.

Then I thought maybe I'm just a shitty learner, maybe people who are near my rank are much fasterlearning how to play. I'm level 25. I just joined in a match my friend playing (all the other players are level 3-5 max) and I they killed me so fast I didn't even know what is happening.

tl;dr: if you are shit Overwatch won't change it
>>
>>336892474
Don't worry, I don't really expect you to understand basic elements like competitive balancing in a game like this. Widowmaker is completely broken in the hands of anyone who can aim.
>>
File: 1462647393938.jpg (78 KB, 802x437) Image search: [Google]
1462647393938.jpg
78 KB, 802x437
>>336890564
Thanks, I'm saving my time and money and never buy blizzard games again after the rip off they pulled with diablo3.
Fool me once, fool me ah fuck off.
>>
>>336888703
>feels like arena shooters of old
No it fucking doesn't. Most of the characters move at a snails pace for starters.
>>
>>336892630
Oh wow, now you're condescending, who would've thought it'd come to that?
So, explain to me how Widowmaker is broken but the sniper in TF2 wasn't. The sniper could one shot a overhealed heavy (I don't know if it's still that way, but it sure as fuck was at release), while there's plenty of heroes in Overwatch that can't be oneshot from full HP by a Widowmaker. Also there's plenty of counter's in the pool for her, and basically, you're just fucking retarded.
>>
>>336892298
>Hydro, Granary, 2fort
>complex
The fuck outta here.

>CTF is important
Not when the only map to play it on is 2fort, and when it's the only fucking map for 90% of the server list, and the ones that aren't 2fort are always full

>unbalance classes
The balance in Overwatch is far, far better than TF2 at launch, impressive considering it has more than twice the heroes. Soldier 76, Hanzo, McCree, Widowmaker, Genji, Mei, Bastion, Junkrat, and Pharah can all be very effective at long range. Widowmaker is effective as hell, highly mobile, and not incompetent with her assault rifle. Shit players being bad snipers (you know, the same type who would sit in a trio of snipers on the 2fort balcony) are the reason you think Widowmaker is bad.
>>
>>336892024
TF2 standalone was $30, The Orange Box was a full priced game and included a 3 year old game, a year old expansion, one new expansion, and one 2 hour long game.
>>
>>336888290

This game interests me, TF2 not so much.

Why do you think this is?

To be actually very honest with you, I was expecting something akin to this (a fps with skills) but not classes, as in personalized character, and more in the guise of an Unreal Tournament, yeah, I wanted an Unreal Tournament with personalized skills, each one with advantages and drawbacks, well balanced and shit.
>>
>>336892095
Also this. The last thing we need is a bunch of Russians and Brazilians shitting up the game.

>>336892295
I am by no means any good at TF2, but even I can do pretty damn well with everything that isn't the Spy or Engineer. TF2 has as low of a barrier for entry as any other casual shooter like CoD/Halo/Overwatch.
>>
>>336893038
I think it's because of cartoon asses because that's basically all this game has going for it. Out of all the characters there are maybe 4 that are actually fun to play and don't feel like they're constantly running through molasses, just when your skills are on cd.
>>
>>336892917
>EDIT
I see that you were insinuating that Widowmaker was overpowered, in which case, ha, you just suck.
>>
>>336888290
The Blizzard shill are in full force for Overshill
>>
>>336893090
>but even I can do pretty damn well with everything that isn't the Spy or Engineer
You are the exception, I don't think you realize just how fucking retarded the average player actually is. God I see snipers on a daily basis try to shoot through walls, engineers who don't know how to upgrade buildings, pyros who don't know how to airblast, heavies with tunnel vision so bad you can stand behind them as pyro and hold down mouse 1 and they DON'T CARE. It's a miracle they can even figure out how to walk much less hit anything.
>>
File: truth.jpg (105 KB, 720x677) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
105 KB, 720x677
>>336893139

Yeah, it's certainly, as I said, not truly what I was expecting (an UT with personalized skills) but come on, it's not bad and you lie if you don't like dick, ass and pussy.
>>
>>336888290

It's quite good in my opinion, but I rather played with an AI enemy rather than those korean fuckers who always tend to ass blasted me all the time, especially the guy who played as widowmaker with impossible headshot

>inb4 git gud
>>
>>336892556
"Casual" is just a buzzword for "I don't like it" around here
>>
>>336888290
The biggest and only gripe I have with it at this time is that there are so many ultimates and skills that just insta-kill the entire opposing team, without having to really be set up or anything, there is no skill involved in pulling them off what so ever.
Its not fun when doing it, because it's not rewarding and it's infuriating when it's being done to you.

>Riptire
>Self-Destruct
>Tank-mode

And then just the generally OP nature of some characters.
>Hanzo can body shot and insta-kill with arrows. Don't get me started on the broken hitbox of arrows in general.
>Widowmaker takes away 90% health to the vast majority of characters with a bodyshot.
>The fact that you can barely peek against a Bastion is fucked up.
Give that gun some fucking rev-up time and lower it's damage or at least quadruple the reload time.
>The cancer that is Reinheart shielding a Bastion with a Mercy backing them up.
>Junkrat's spammable bombs deal massive amounts of damage, he can pelt them literally everywhere and the explosion range on those things is just insane.

The price is a good thing.
Then we will not have to play versus a bunch of filthy Russians or BR.
I would not play it, if it was FTP.
>>
>>336888290
>All these people complaining about Bastion when Widow is literally the most broken piece of shit in the game
>>
>>336888290
>Copy TF2 sniper
>But completely fuck up the RoF, Charge up speed, ammo system and they give her fucking wallhacks as an ult
These fucking retards, these collossal fucking idiots.
>>
Whenever a TF2 fan gets butthurt about Overwatch, that just makes me that much more confident that Overwatch is going to succeed
>>
>>336893905
>/v/ when talking about DotA vs LoL
>"it everyone is broken, no one is broken"
>/v/ when talking about OW vs TF2
>"I hate that everyone is overpowered"
>>
Sexy grills
>>
>>336894068
>/v/ is one person

Difference being that you actually need to be skilled, or at least be carried by someone who is skilled in DotA to be able to murder the entire opposing team with one skill later in the game.
Also, far from everyone is overpowered in OW.
Lucio
Mei
Pharah
Reaper
Winston
Symmetra
>>
>>336893943
Shhhhh keep it down, let these retards keep thinking Bastion is OP
>>
>>336894068
TF2 is everyone is overpowered, OW is going above and beyond. Easy to pick up, hard to master is what made TF2 so popular but OW doesn't have the same amount of depth. Soldier is a good example. Sure it's easy to walk around and shoot feet, you've got the second best primary in the game and good health. However that's only half of it, to really be a godlike player you need to learn advanced rocket jumping, airshots, good positioning and strafing, and the shotgun which are all hard as fuck and can take hundreds to thousands of hours to master. OW that doesn't happen, pharrah you can only do one kind of jump and that's it, there's no secondary weapon you have to learn, there's no air strafing, you rarely have to worry about ammo, and everything moves so slow landing directs is fucking easy.
>>
>>336888290
tf2 is old and played out now

valve care more about selling hats now than doing anything interesting with gameplay. valve is dead now
>>
>>336888290
>Is literally a COD version of TF2
Stopped reading there, you're retarded.
>>
>>336891735
Isn't it from ranked too?
>>
>>336894638
>Easy to pick up, hard to master is what made TF2 so popular but OW doesn't have the same amount of depth

That's like, your opinion man
>>
>>336894638
You can actually rocket jump as Pharah.

Not that you would wan't to, since it removes almost half your health.
Leaving you open to be killed by Widowmaker.

>>336894745
The only "hard to master" character is Zarya.
>>
>>336890274
>This is 60

Nope.
Unless you're on consoles. In which case why are you playing shooters anyway
>>
>>336894826
>The only "hard to master" character is Zarya.

Genji
Lucio

Also Pharah's E doesn't do damage and can be used to ad-hock rocket-jump

Sounds like you need to master it :^)
>>
>>336888703
>It's fun and I'm having fun playing it
Wow really nigger? You bought an entertainment software for entertainment AND its entertaining you? Wowie!
>>
>>336895040
>Lucio
>Hard to master
>Literally passives and press Q to make your team unkillable
Sure bud
>>
File: geegee.gif (844 KB, 268x278) Image search: [Google]
geegee.gif
844 KB, 268x278
>>336895040
>Thinking I don't know that shit.
>Not knowing that ROCKETjump is shooting a rocket at your feet.

>Thinking Genji and Lucio are hard to master at all.
>Not-so-subtlety implying I'm the one who need to git gud.
ur a faget
>>
File: 1447933717362.jpg (210 KB, 850x1487) Image search: [Google]
1447933717362.jpg
210 KB, 850x1487
>>336894826
>>336894745
>>336894638
>have to learn positions for knocking people off with E
>have to strafe in air to not just get hit by sniper or mccree
>have to learn to hit pharrahs midair
>overall it's like playing soldier with the direct Hit since splash damage is poor

Also rocketjumping only takes off 40 health, it's worth doing sometimes.
>>
>>336894745
It objectively doesn't. Almost all the ults either aim for you or give you shit bordering on hacks. The closest thing in TF2 is what? Uber? Something you lose on death and can easily be squandered in the hands of a bad medic if they uber the wrong person at the wrong time at the wrong place.

The movement is far worse with no air strafing, no explosive jumping, and much slower characters in general. Being able to move a few inches in the air is so huge in TF2 it's what makes scouts killing machines in high level play.

The game is also built more around defensive classes makes the game slow as fuck and boring.
>>
>>336895275
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vPDsgg9n40

So you're saying you could totally do this, since you've mastered him already?
>>
Like 5% of /v/ is saying it's actually good
around 20% of /v/ has problems with it and/or dont like it but still play it.
75% of /v/ hates it and doesn't play it
100% of /v/ has looked up 3d porn for it already

thats a pretty good bad game ratio there with pretty chars
>>
>>336895345
Is that supposed to be hard?
>>
>>336895434
I'm surprised at how much it's getting a shilled though, that's how you know for sure it's bad.
>>
>>336895313
>have to learn to hit pharrahs midair
This doesn't mean shit when pharrah has a fixed trajectory, limited range, and moves about as fast as an RC helicopter.

Meanwhile soldier can move several times faster than scouts and turn on a dime.
>>
>>336895345
>Trying to better K/D ratio instead of supporting your team, as support.
>Thinks this is how you "master" a support class.
Literally cancer.
Drown yourself.
>>
>>336895605
>I can totally do that, but I don't wanna
>>
File: 1461016161937.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1461016161937.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>336888290
/v/ is shit at videogames so any crutches are appreciated. Especially if they are BIG AOE ULTIMATES and guns which aim themselves so you can pay attention to some waifus ass bouncing around.
>>
>>336895594
well there are some ways to switch it up with your jetpack and E and all that stuff.
it's your fault for having a predictable movement pattern.
>>
>>336895721
No, I probably can't.
I don't see how that has anything to do with the argument at hand.

You are still cancer and should kill yourself if that's the shit you are doing instead of supporting the team.
>>
>>336895864
>No, I probably can't.
>I don't see how that has anything to do with the argument at hand.

Because the argument is that the game is easy to master, even though advanced techniques like this exist that prove them wrong
>>
>>336895808
What makes you think I even play this? Why would I play an inferior version of a game that already exists?
>>
>>336896031
cause overwatch is free and TF2 is shit nowadays?
why would you not try it?
>>
>>336895941
>advanced techniques
>>
>>336896121
Because I still enjoy TF2 and I already have several other shooters I'm playing on top of that? /v/ is absolute shit at TF2 so it doesn't surprise me at all they love this game.
>>
>>336896159
So let's see you do it then :^)
>>
>>336895345
>Holding Jump while speed-boosted counts as a high level technique in this game
Hilarious
>>
It's casual fun.
I like it but I'm not going to buy it day 1.
>>
>>336896243
Still waiting for the video of you doing it as easily as this guy can do it :^)
>>
>>336895941
>Because the argument is that the game is easy to master, even though worthless fluff that's actually a disadvantage your team exist, which you need to be able to do to be "good" at Lucio.
Fixed it for you. This is what you actually mean.

If by "advanced technique" you mean not supporting your team and instead jumping around on walls to better your K/D, as a support.
You should really just kill yourself, I'm not kidding. Kill yourself. You are the literal cancer tumor of team based games.
>>
>>336896212
it's just fucking official servers and 24/7 servers nowadays, sometimes featuring screaming kids or people wanting to trade.
i don't understand this mentality to not try something new just because the old thing is fine.
>>
>>336896359
>I can't do this technique, therefore it's not necessary to master the character
>>
All these threads look like overspill from reddit. Theres the same Youtube links and webms, showing unimpressive basic footage. And every poster is passive-aggressively saying /v/ is wrong and everyones super fucking into ASKING if the game is good, to which they always get an flipflop answer "Yeah its good, ONCE you..".

Then theres the go-to negative poster counter "Bastion".

And overall these threads are just fucking nothing. Same posts, same links, same pics, same lewd. Same fucking posters have nothing else to say than; "In my opinion, I'm having fun".

Whats the point of making 100 threads just to say "I'm having fun"? What do you even expect from these threads? Ofc the next guy is going to reply they're not having fun, because thats how fucking shallow these threads are.

Honestly, these threads look like marketing that was supposed to go on reddit.
>>
File: AOsmMra.jpg (767 KB, 1271x2027) Image search: [Google]
AOsmMra.jpg
767 KB, 1271x2027
>>336889226
>CoD or Battlefield have large maps,
nigga please
>>
File: 1460412836571.png (2 MB, 1546x794) Image search: [Google]
1460412836571.png
2 MB, 1546x794
>>336888290
>I still can't understand how /v/ claims this game is good.

Blizzard is directly targeting the low brow crowd.
It's designed to be as inoffensive and simple as possible.

That said, it's a fucking mess, from game design to the audio direction.

I canceled my pre-order after playing the Beta for 2 days.
>>
>fps with no precision aiming or movement required

Some "fps" this is.
>>
>>336895345
>This is considered "difficult" in OW
Meanwhile in TF2
youtube.com/watch?v=GAEOiIF8Piw
youtube.com/watch?v=kfT9_SJK1e8
>>
>>336896374
TF2 has matchmaking now you know.
You don't have to play with valve pub retards.
>>
>>336896830
Nice links idiot
>>
File: 1448744221516.jpg (228 KB, 743x1010) Image search: [Google]
1448744221516.jpg
228 KB, 743x1010
>>336896906
isn't that still in Beta?
>>336896830
yes yes soldier rocketjumping is so hard.
>showing a video of fucking rocketjump maps
come on man, that shit ain't even applicable to the main game, i mean the first video had some realistic stuff, however that's one class that has a difficult mechanic, wow.
>>
>>336896830
Now show me someone doing this in a real game
>>
It's fun
>>
>>336895345
>hold jump to wallrun
lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppSU5xeEMdU
>>
>>336896416
>I enjoy being 100% useless to my team and instead choose to take a really long time to chase down a 200 health Pharah who wasn't even defending the point

That wall riding was skillful, his MO is not.
>>
>>336891735

So you can buy stuff you want instead of waiting for it to show up in the loot crate.

C'mon man you can't be this retarded.
>>
>>336892917
>>Hydro, Granary, 2fort>complex
the 5 point capture mode is more complex than the king of the hill mode from OW though

The map is bigger, there are two(?) control points which need to be contested at one time, you can walk behind enemy lines for swift captures of previously locked control points
>>
>>336892556
It's probably the shitty internet. High ping will not make you good online, ever.
>>
>>336897045
First video is all rollouts anyone could use. Getting to the point first is a huge part of high level play and is something every player is expected to practice.

>however that's one class that has a difficult mechanic, wow.
Demos rollouts are considered even more difficult. Scout has to learn how to air strafe constantly while still being accurate with a close range weapon. Sniper has to hit these guys in the head while they're flying around at light speed. Spy has numerous trickstabs he has to learn to be effective and has to try to not get hit in a game with no friendly fire. Medic has to track enemy uber, have good arrow aim, and decide who needs the uber most because it's different in every situation. Enemies sitting really far back? Soldier bomb. Enemies sitting at mid range? Stickies. Enemies spread out? Scouts. Even ubers? Pocket and trade. Sentry? Demo first. Etc etc.
>>
The problem is blizzard marketed this game as fps for so long to avoid toxic moba crowd that everybody plays it like fps.

OW have more in common with LoL then with tf2.
>>
File: 1452832809477.png (2 MB, 895x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452832809477.png
2 MB, 895x1200
>>336897759
ok now tell me how this doesn't apply to overwatch (except for the soldier and demoman jumping maybe)
to really excell with most character you have to be good, land your shots, get ults fast, make decisions, use your movement abilitys, dodge enemy ults and gunfire, etc.
>>
>>336897819
honestly it's about 65% tf2, 20% lol, 15% s4 league
>>
>>336896416
see: >>336897606
>>
>>336897028
?
>>
>>336897217
Here's a common one you'll see on process a lot. Skip to around 1:30
youtube.com/watch?v=WmudtuhlJ80
i55 had a lot of really fast jumps too from both teams.
>>
>>336898282
yea ive been doing that for years
>chain mlg jumps out of spawn
>see enemies
>not so mlg jumps anymore
that lucio gameplay looked a lot more skillfull
>>
>>336891893
Every TF2 map is as big as about 3 OW maps.

Overwatch has no hero with as much depth as any class in Tf2.
>>
>>336898540
>not so mlg jumps anymore
Because the jumps consume ammo you need to kill the enemies, you retard.
And the point of rocket jumps is to get to the point before everyone else.

Then there are guys who trick jump and make videos of it.

>looked a lot more skillfull
Since he wasn't fulfilling the role he picked, I disagree.
Just looked like another faggot not playing the objective.
>>
>>336893993
Widowmaker is useless though, she kills people but that hardly matters because she puts no pressure on the other team.

She is also retardedly easy to counter with something like Pharah, Junkrat, Tracer
>>
>>336898042
Because everyone is slow as shit so aim isn't important. There isn't any air strafing. Ults require no skill whatsoever a good players ult and a bad players ult are identical the only difference is timing. Decision making isn't as important because it's a clusterfuck and there's no real way to track ults so pushing is always a risk and since all the classes are so different there's no set roles either. Like for example in TF2 you kill a scout, now you know one of their flanks won't be as well defended and they won't be able to chase you if you retreat. Or you kill a demo now you know they have no sticky traps and they can't force you off high ground or push back. Overwatch you kill a reaper or a soldier 76 what does that change exactly? How do you make a better assault knowing that? The whole game is just such a mess.
>>
>>336898042
its because people don't die as fast in Overwatch, your weapons are not nearly as strong.

Just look at the characters conversions.
Soldier - Pharah
Soldier clearly takes way more skill, you be in the air you need to damage yourself, while Pharah as a jump skill.

Demoman - Junkrat
Again, demoman has two weapons, you need to damage yourself to be mobile. Junkrat has a trap that he can put out to make hitting people much easier.

Scout - Tracer
Not even a comparison, scout has to be very skillful with his movements while Tracer has a button to undo any mistake. She also has a hitscan weapon.

Pyro - Mei
When Mei uses w+m1 she starts slowing and then freezes characters, and she has an iceblock to get out of any problem. Pyro needs to approach people from their backs or be killed extremely quickly.

Medic - Mercy
Fairly similar, though Mercy has a jump to get away from any potential attackers. You have to use the nailgun or your melee as Medic.

Engineer - Torbjörn
Engineer needs to gather scrap to build and upgrade, need to have teleporters in good spots, need to repair and defend against sappers. Torbjörn just throws is sentry out, hits it a few times, if it gets destroyed you can just put out anotehr one instantly.

Sniper - Widowmaker
Widowmaker is a sniper with faster charging shots and a grapple hook.

There is no good equivalent of the spy.-
>>
>>336899354
Genji would probably be somewhat similar to the spy since he tends to stay away from the main fights or picks off people
>>
>>336888290
it's not a COD it's a doto without AI troops you dolt
>>
>>336899354
I was just thinking about this a few minutes ago. There really is no Spy equivalent. Would a Spy type character even work in this game considering the teams are so small?
>>
Wish all the TF2 shitposters would go back to their general. Overwatch isn't a perfect game by any means, and it will never be as "difficult to play" as TF2, but that doesn't mean it's not fun.
>>
>>336899848
did you forget this wasn't vg?
>>
>>336898818
Any character has counter-picks. Widowmaker is very useful for taking out dangerous characters (and remember that half of the time, you're on defense, so kills are important) and her ultimate is very useful.

The problem is that there are too many shitters who play her. Same with Genji. It just requires a modicum of aim to play well with her, and since most people are shit, it gives the impression that she's shit.

Finally, Pharah's counters are oftentimes two-way. She get taken out FAST by hitscan weapons, she's fairly squishy.
>>
File: 1384983882567.gif (997 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1384983882567.gif
997 KB, 160x160
>>336899354
Anon, skill ceiling isn't necessarily dependent on how hard it is to perform basic stuff. For example, while it's very easy to do decently with Tracer, she also has an absurdly high skill ceiling exactly because she can undo actions, and because the only real limit to her teleport is how fast you can think and press the button.

I don't think anyone will disagree with you that TF2 is more punishing to new players, though I think that's an intentional design choice on Blizzard's part. After all, the ideal is "easy to play, hard to master", which can definitely be said for a lot of Overwatch characters.
>>
File: gunz.jpg (411 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
gunz.jpg
411 KB, 800x600
>>336897517
Man, fun fact. I started gunz back in 05 and have played almost every day since then. I used it as an escape in high school, college, and now life. It's funny how much you treasure something when you're good at it. And sad.
>>
>>336899989
No. I'm just saying that nobody likes TF2 players with their rampant shitposting and I would prefer them to stay in their containment space. It's like with Starcraft 2 "fans". Most sane people left ages ago, so all that remains are die-hard purists who will never be interested in any other game because they're so invested in it and the culture surrounding it at this point.

It's very unproductive to talk about any other game with them, because they will always compare them to their favorite game and complain about anything that isn't exactly the same. I mean, look at this thread.
>the character with the rocket launcher isn't based around rocket-jumping, like in TF2? SHIT GAME
>WHY doesn't this frost-based character act like the pyro in TF2?
>I don't even have to damage myself to move around the map! THIS IS BULLSHIT
>I don't like these shiny new characters, TF2's characters look so much better. NO, IT'S NOT SUBJECTIVE!
Like, how do you even respond to stuff like this?
>>
File: 1459887941193.jpg (9 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
1459887941193.jpg
9 KB, 250x248
>>336900964
That wasn't a fun fact at all.
>>
File: 1394583845811.png (71 KB, 531x500) Image search: [Google]
1394583845811.png
71 KB, 531x500
I have to play this with my boyfriend later. Hopefully he doesn't like it so we can play something else.
>>
>>336891417
Pyro is still useless.

All the 100% crit gimmicks in the world can't make him better than Soldier.
>>
>>336900985
the butthurt from tf2drones has been hilarious these days desu
>>
>>336899814
Probably not seeing as spy has never seen any play in competitive TF2.
>>
File: 687474703.gif (1 KB, 46x20) Image search: [Google]
687474703.gif
1 KB, 46x20
>>336901168
You're not wrong. mb.
>>
>>336892858
>overwatch
>slow

You know it's slowed down on consoles so the people playing on controllers can actually do something right?
>>
>>336902091
That is part of the problem. The lack of character mobility in Overwatch is one of the reasons that skill isn't as heavily rewarded (e.g., I need less tracking or twitch to shoot an enemy) - then you have ults, characters with extremely rigid roles, and mediocre to garbage map design.

The flaws are just more apparent on PC because older games like TF2 / UT / Quake set the expections.
>>
>>336888290
It's mechanically more simple than COD, idk why people keep making that comparison.

It's easy to pick up, easy to master like COD though
>>
>>336901634
Well that's just false.

They do use spy plays in 6s and in hl you have to play spy
>>
File: 1452030033966.jpg (16 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1452030033966.jpg
16 KB, 252x252
>>336888290
This nigga has been sleeping under a rock for the last decade.

Being Easy = Fun!

Your skillful games of the past no longer exist kiddo. Everything went the way of CallofDuty the moment Modern Warfare came out.

The last bit of skillful games are in the form of fighting games and Korean games. Japan doesn't even make them anymore.

Welcome to life from under the rock.

Overwatch is a good game. It's an easy game and everyone including your momma will love it.
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.