[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone here actually tell me why they don't like overwatch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
Can anyone here actually tell me why they don't like overwatch?

I see a lot of hate but whenever I ask them why they don't like it I don't get a reply more than two worss

Feels like I'm talking to 5 year olds sometimes
>>
Well it is a game made for 5 year olds.
>>
>>336801369
why do you need validation from others?
you could just enjoy in on your own.
>>
>>336801369
>I see a lot of hate but whenever I ask them why they don't like it I don't get a reply more than two worss

>Feels like I'm talking to 5 year olds sometimes
welcome to /v/
>>
It's shit
>>
>>336801525
I just want to know why people don't like it. I don't know why /v/ acts like having to explain their hatred is the hardest thing in the world.
>>
>>336801369
the game is a bit simplistic
>>
can you tell me why you do like overwatch? I've only seen people say it's fun
>>
>>336801369
It's a good and fun game but it's getting to much hype for what it is. If it wasn't made by Blizzard then it wouldn't be seen so highly. People also play it too competitively
>>
>>336801463
Name one multiplayer FPS which isn't made for 5 year olds

I literally played Doom multiplayer in 1995 when I was 5 years old
>>
>>336801369
needs more game modes
i'd like arena if possible

the ult system needs to be rethought. it doesn't seem like the sort of thing you should get for free and it shouldn't carry over between lives. i can see it being an issue for people who want to play seriously.
>>
>>336801463
Sorry, it seems you think this is a Battleborn thread.
>>
The media has made average people and posters fucking STUPID in this decade. So yes you are.

Tried it yesterday and I kinda like it, but it's going to get boring fast as fuck. There's no content and you've seen everything you can do in an hour. There's practically no skill ceiliing, all characters move really slow and the balance is strange. Not many objectives and most maps are a corridor so alternative ways of doing the objective don't exist. Most abilities seem like they do nothing really, just damage and more damage and that's it; the utility of them is borked and doesn't seem there. Maybe it will get balanced and fleshed out with the time.

But what i actually really displiked are the efects and the sounds. It's like you're fighting with nerf weapons. You're not in a firefight.

It's fun but just, eh. Maybe there's more to it on launch? who knows.
>>
It's too popular and not Japanese.
>>
shilled to kingdom come

I'm perfectly fine with mindess shooters flooding the market though, the genre contains retards perfectly
>>
>>336801369

Why does it matter? Go play it yourself if you like it.
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 876x876) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 876x876
>It's too shallow and simplistic with a very low skill ceiling. Furthermore, you're fucked if you happen to get on a bad team.
... is what I kerp hearing.
I really like the game though, D. Va best.
>>
File: 1445870039991.jpg (505 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1445870039991.jpg
505 KB, 1500x1500
>>336801686
>>336801734
Battleborn at least has some depth to it.
>>
Feels kind of shallow.

Could use some more game modes or weapon unlocks or something that'll add a bit of customization.

Maps are kind of simplistic.
>>
Too few modes, maps feel linear, 6 v 6 means you easily get a team of retards, some stuff seems very questionably balanced (Dva being shit other than blowing up your mech in a group)

Its really fun when you have a good team versus a good team though, which is making me consider getting it maybe after release and a content patch.
>>
Guns feel like shit since most of them have little to no recoil, maps are designed horribly with choke points where people just spam explosives or camp with shit like bastion, rounds are too short, some ultimates and abilities have a way too big area of effect like that fucking dragon flying through the map, most characters not having a sprint button makes the movement feel slow and it's almost impossible to escape with fat characters because their hitbox is as big as the original xbox so even if you run around a corner people can shoot you for seconds, the characters constantly saying stupid shit is annoying, there's not nearly enough shit and by only unlocking cosmetics I don't see how the game will last you long, especially if only a couple of characters are actually interesting.
>>
>>336801369
Never tried it, never will.
I never liked any first person view games, shooters especially.
>>
The game would work perfectly with the abilities and such if it was round based, making decisions matter.

But it's a deathmatch fuckfest of spam everywhere so you have these cool abilities that have no real impact on the game since you're going to kill someone and get him to respawn immediately and then back to kill you.
>>
>>336801663
It gave me the same feeling as my early days of TF2 and I plan on dedicating just as much time to it. I forget Blizzard even made this some times.

It's a simple game (which for me is a plus) has comfy aesthetics, and is a blast with friends. It doesn't burn my eyes out of my skull like the insane colors going on in Battleborn
>>
I don't like multiplayer. If this game had a full-on campaign mode where you fight other characters as bosses I would be all over it
>>
>>336801369
The game is extremely shallow. Like TF2 lite
>>
>>336801369
It's made by Activision Blizzard, therefore it's extremely likely to be complete shit, like their other retarded games such as Hearthstone and HotS. I'm not going to bother with any Blizzard game in the future after the utter disappoinment of Heroes of the Storm. I was pretty hyped for that game, too bad it has to be shit.
>>
>>336801875
I'll agree the game mechanics are leagues deeper than Overwatch, but god damn that writing.
God damn those character designs. Literally looks like it was made to attract kids.
>>
>>336801369
Fun for the first few days but gets too samey
>>
>>336801369
>Can anyone here actually tell me why they don't like overwatch?

Maps are unbalanced as fuck. Characters are unbalanced as fuck. Zero skill ceiling save Tracer. Literally press Q to 1-shot people automatically. A handful of maps and 2 game modes. Cancerous playerbase.

It has zero redeeming features.
>>
>>336801875
>Gearbox games
>Depth

Just fuck off.
>>
>>336802027
>muh campaign

18+
>>
The teams are way too small and I can't stand too much idiocy in games. Also I am always compelled to pick whatever the team needs, meaning I end up as support, something that is pretty boring to me even though it helps win the most.

So I'd say the other players are what I dislike most about overwatch.
>>
>>336801875
>LMAO So Zany XD: The Game
>depth
lmaoing @ ur life
>>
>>336802057
I don't see how TF2 is any deeper than Overwatch. A lot of the classes are pretty similar (Tornbjorn=engineer, that kind of thing). The only gameplay with depth I can think of in tf2 is the spy.
>>
It's objectively casualized feel-good tf2. I still enjoy it, but it's easy to see why people dislike it. The ult system feels like mario kart except if 1st place could use blue shells. Higher skill ceiling mobility techniques like rocket jumping from tf2 are now hotkeys here. The game makes you feel like king of the world for being involved in chipping 5 hp off a guy. Personally I'd never play it if I didn't a few buddies to play it with.
>>
>>336801369
I loved it for the first two days, and then when closed beta ended the hackers came out of the woodwork's. Every second match has an obvious Windowmaker/McCree/Soldier 76 hacker that snaps straight into peoples heads and instantly kills everyone. Knowing how shit Blizzards Warden anti-cheat system is there won't be an end to this. I was going to get this game and honestly if I knew for certain that they would deal with hackers I still would but I really can't buy it with this bullshit.
>>
>>336801463
Basically this. It is utterly casualized and is slowed down to a crawl so kids will have a chance to hit something with their terrible console aim. Its balance is an utter joke with shitters like bastion having an ability that should be their ult as a mode with zero drawbacks if you are defending.
Hell look at the tips in the loading screen
"Try and move erratically to avoid incoming fire"
This game is designed entirely around children playing. It is literally Baby's First FPS.
It can be fun but its certainly not anything I would drop stupid amounts of hours in and it is definitely not competitive like blizzard is trying to make it seem like it is.
>>
>>336801369
I like the game so far but here are some of my complaints.

>lack of game modes
>some ults should be rethought, you should have to aim your ult imo. You shouldn't be able to press q,Y, or triangle for instant team wipes.
> some heroes need to be reworked. It seems like a lot of them are just generic characters with no strengths or weaknesses.

I'm a robot
>>
I don't see the staying power. Sure there are 12 maps but each map only supports 1 game mode and since you are just randomly placed you end up seeing some much more than others. There isn't a good since of progression, leveling up doesn't do anything other get you a crate with random junk in.
>>
>>336802173
>compelled to pick what team needs

It's not like overwatch is alone in this department
>>
>>336802113
>Characters are unbalanced as fuck

>>336801931
>Dva being shit other than blowing up your mech in a group

ITT: shitters
>>
>>336801872
>D.Va
>Playing on NES

She's a Starcraft pro-player for fuck's sake.
>>
>>336802170
>Paying for a F2P game
>>
>>336802073
Overwatch is literally made for children. The dialogue and character designs are so safe it appeals to nobody with actual taste. It could have taken lessons from TF2 but Blizzard decided they're too good for that. They could have taken all kinds of lessons from Valve but they didn't, and now they're fading into obscurity while Valve rakes in the money and players.
>>
>>336802170
>I don't want a structured experience with real progression and a story to get me invested in what's happening!
>I just want to do the same thing over and over and over with no context!
ok bud
>>
File: 1462429853901.jpg (72 KB, 499x389) Image search: [Google]
1462429853901.jpg
72 KB, 499x389
They're mostly shitposters or shitters.
That criteria covers 90% of /v/ though.
>>
>>336802238
you must not have played TF2 for very long. That game has a literally infinite skill ceiling
>>
>>336801369
Blizzard == SJWS == Feminists == SHIT
>>
>>336802338
>game is obviously perfect in every way
>>
Too gimmicky for my tastes.
>>
>>336801369
Pros: Top Tier Waifus

Cons: Combat is simplistic. Aiming isn't necessary for most characters.

A lot of the characters are worthless.

The Q button needs to be removed.

The pubs are the absolute shittiest players i've ever seen. This isn't the games fault mind you but when I can go 20 and 1 starting the game cold something is wrong. Blizz fans suck shit at video games apparently.

40 mother fucking american dollars for multiplayer only game.
>>
>>336801369
It's the new mlp, just like splatoon was. In your face all the time either because the fanbase is rabid or just shills.
>>
>>336801369
Skill ceiling is the skill floor

Characters lack options

Cooldowns are annoying and the game would be better if the powers were balanced around always having them

Gun play is dull and many feel very weak

Samey game types, once you've played a few rounds you will be doing the exact same thing form then on cause first point
>>
>>336802339
Wasn't starcraft on one of the Nintendo consoles
>>
>>336801369
Well it is just generally fairly boring.

You can't do anything fun or spectacular by yourself (one button ultimates get old really fast). The movement system is very safe and also boring. The guns and abilities don't feel very satisfying to use. So you see, the core gameplay doesn't keep you hooked, unlike with Doom, Quake, Halo, CoD, the usual big ones. So the ball is left for strategy and teamplay to pick up. But even those are flat and uninteresting, there's no really interesting hero combinations unlike in Dota or LoL, and a lot of the time it seems that rounds are decided by a few ultimates.

I've been playing in the open beta for roughly... 12 hours maybe and it feels like I've seen it all.
>>
>>336802360
What kinds of lessons could they have taken from valve?
>>
>>336802271
>zero drawbacks
spotted the shitter
>>
>>336802613
more hats
>>
I really wanted to like it but it relies too much on teamwork and not enough on personal skill for my taste. I prefer games like Dirty Bomb where I can be put in a team of retards but fight tooth and nail to carry them to victory, and not be instantly killed by some cowboy because nobody watched the flanks
>>
>>336802454
What level are you atm?
>>
File: 1461281170204.jpg (579 KB, 1868x1046) Image search: [Google]
1461281170204.jpg
579 KB, 1868x1046
>>336801369
Adults don't care about Blizzard games anymore. They aren't made for intelligent, well adjusted people. The degenerates who would play Overwatch over TF2 shouldn't be allowed on /v/, it demonstrates that they're clearly underage and only like games that give you rewards for being shit and asspat everybody.
>>
File: Gone_Home[1].png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gone_Home[1].png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>336802361
video GAME. Sounds like pic related is more your style
>>
>>336802525
you must be 18+ to post on this board.
>>
>>336801369
-I don't really like FPS games
-I don't like community games, the people are already starting to bitch each other for x reasons
-blizzard made it, which means they're going to make rotations on good classes
-in-game store
>>
Because it has a variety of design flaws that were already tackled and solved by TF2, which came out 9 years ago and so Blizzard should have had plenty of time to learn from it.
Ults charge all the time and persist, so there's no need to play defensively, and you can't shut down people who have them. Because there's no need to play defensively, matches have no natural push and pull, you just sort of butt heads until you manage to win.
There's no Ubercharge, so defensive stalemates occur all the time and are in fact why characters like Bastion are pubstompers. The only ultimate capable of destroying a turtling team is Hanzo's, and that only reliable works against sentries.
Respawn timers also seem to be locked at 8 seconds, I haven't really checked for it. Teleporters used to fix the downtime and were a punishment for poor team composition, now the punishment for death is respawn AND the long walk back to battle, especially when the teleporter has limited uses and Symmetra is seemingly designed to be unable to fight at any range except melee in order to better charge her ultimate.
>>
>>336802386
I've got roughly 200 hours into it but I'll agree I'm pretty shit at it. I just fail to see what TF2 can do that Overwatch can't
>>
>>336802632
Lel
>>
I like it, but I can see why people might not.

It's got a lower skill ceiling than TF2, that's for sure. All the movement options you could do with TF2 (Rocket jumping, sticky jumping, Scout's FAN, etc.) are now relegated to simple ability uses, it's 6v6 instead of being bigger, there are some balance issues, maps are pretty small to accommodate only 6v6. I enjoy it but it does have problems.
>>
>>336802338
Literally only died like once to DVA players and played the hero a few times.

She isn't tanky, she doesn't deal a lot of damage, and she isn't that mobile.
What a great hero.

>>336802665
Ironic, Starctaft was on the N64 you mongol kill yourself.
>>
>>336802665
But it was you retard. Had an N64 version.
>>
>All these turboniggers saying there's no incentive to keep playing
I thought you guys railed against casuals and skinner boxes? Or do need some dumb carrot in front of you to have fun?

>>336802634
You can carry games, I've done so several times. But you have to be good to do it, which excludes you.
>>
>>336801369
>Guns feel underwhelming
>Most combat feels purely based on your cooldown abilities aside from a few people with actual decent guns
>The best feel kinda notably better
>It takes 5 seconds to pick up and master the mechanics of each hero with very little room to improve as a individual unless you're a total shitter.

I dislike how every shooter that hits just has to be purely about team based shit. The only characters that can carry teams are in specific situations because of retard ults like Hanzo and Reaper.

Playing the beta for this alright game actually made me excited which is sad to play the DOOM 4 MP just because i'll probably be able to do alot more as a individual and not have to rely on my team past such a early meta stand point.

Its my own extremely bias opinion that every game besides maybe ones specifically geared towards team based meta like MOBAs should always allow for massive room to improve individually mechanically and team work wise not just team work.
>>
>>336802613
Free DLC, proper F2P business models, actually bringing in the community to make games instead of shutting them down left and right. Not to mention, making bank off cosmetics on the marketplace.
>>
>>336802665
So why are you posting then
>>
>>336801369
Put about 10 hours into the beta and I refuse to play with the playerbase. I have never seen so much shit players in my life, if you need to actually tell a healer to heal a tank you've already lost.
>>
>>336802376
>They're mostly shitposters or shitters
Can you not accept that some or even most generally don't like this game?
I am decent enough at the game to win matches or carry sometimes but it is not a good or even skilled game.
Stop acting like the game has no flaws and that criticism lobbed at it doesn't matter because those people saying the criticism are lying or bad. It just makes you sound like a petulant child.
>>
>>336802338

>doesn't refute anything he replied to
>posts obscure in-game scenario which has nothing to do with the topic
>calls other shitters

The Overwatch audience. Absolute fucking morons.
>>
File: 1462043984837.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1462043984837.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
So far I'm really enjoying the various characters. The gameplay is fun, if in need of tweaks. My main gripes revolve around a few overly powerful heroes and the amount of content to price. In canada, if you want to buy overwatch on ps4 or xbox one it's 80 dollars. That's just insane for the game modes and overall content on offer. I don't understand paying that kinda price for mp only.
>>
>>336801626
Pretty much this.

I know it is just beta but it would really benefit from more maps and game modes.

Better post game player feedback would also be nice, like some sort of adaptability score that shows multiple heroes people have played to further encourage switching and to flag the no damage no kills widowmaker retards.

I know the team is shit when there are 2 snipers, oven and mister call of duty and I still top kills and damage with Zarya but the game should explictly tell it to those retards too.
>>
>>336802360
What is wrong with a game trying to appeal to everybody? It has a price point so it won't be filled with as many shitters (as much as if it were f2p) and pc players will never have to deal with the people who buy it on console which are typical the younger audience anyway.
>>
>>336802762
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxsPVK9jMUk
>>
File: 1424264330505.gif (309 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1424264330505.gif
309 KB, 720x480
>>336801369
The game is shallow and made to bring in the biggest audience possible. The skill ceiling is so unbelievably low and they allow no 'plays' to be made other than pressing q because it's cooldown based FPS, it just doesn't work. I don't see why you would play it over TF2 because it's just mechanically inferior.

If you like the boring characters because they are cute or something (These classes are so fucking dull, just look at reaper and tell me how that was allowed in the game) and fake fun play it all you please. Don't get upset when people with standards detest it. You wouldn't have made this thread if you weren't insecure about your taste.
>>
all casual shooting games are shit. COD, CSGO, TF2, this, BF, Insurgency, fucking all of them. hot garbage for casuals
>>
People hate this game because your skill level dosent increase like in cod where u can play shitty for a thousand games till u unlock the good shit and get noob kills, instead your skill increases with how good u get at playing the heros and situational stragity
>>
Why the fuck is overwatch even fighting each other?

Even TF2 had a reason for why red and blue fought?
>>
>>336802762
>She isn't tanky, she doesn't deal a lot of damage, and she isn't that mobile. What a great hero.
You aren't supposed to run into the enemy team headfirst with her. You use your boost to disrupt them, cover an area with your infinite ammo cannons, and use your E to disrupt their ults.

>>336802826
mad because bad? dont worry, new CoD is coming out soon
>>
>>336801369
For a person who hasn't played it

Looks like it has an incredible low skill ceiling, which is bad for longevity
Waifu bait so people play it for desings more than gameplay
Loads of characters which makes balance issues
Spamming threads all day of waifus or another shit than talking about the game
Beta offers basically all the experience you will get for $40, or $60 if you're on console

Mostly thread spamming for me
>>
>>336802849
Pro Dva Nice Desu.
>>
File: capsnk2-king-01.jpg (57 KB, 400x750) Image search: [Google]
capsnk2-king-01.jpg
57 KB, 400x750
My theory is that Overwatch is doing everything pretty well (not perfect, but good enough) and the result is taking away people's position of entitlement and superiority, two of the staples of the hardcore gamer audience.

You got what you wanted gamers, and now you are forced to recognize your shit kiddie taste
>>
>>336802773
I'm sure you played against decent players and countered various characters all by yourself
>>
Cause I can't play it.
Seriously /v/ why won't the battle.net agent update!?
>>
shit feels like someone took a half assed moba and then made it into a shooter
>>
>>336802674
>matches have no natural push and pull, you just sort of butt heads until you manage to win.
I noticed this as well.

The game lacks any real strategies, the most you really do to work together is shields and healing. Outside that there aren't any smart plays to be done
>>
>>336801808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YPGMJBHHDs
>>
File: The+new+mlp_4480c8_5799556.jpg (106 KB, 700x617) Image search: [Google]
The+new+mlp_4480c8_5799556.jpg
106 KB, 700x617
>>336802468
I am so happy I saved this.
Using MLP as an insult is retarded. As cancerous as overwatch fans are shaping up to be nothing will ever come close to MLP
>>
>>336802613
dialogue and character designs.

walkspeed
>>
>>336802868
>You wouldn't have made this thread if you weren't insecure about your taste.

dis tho. why would you care what /v/ thinks about a game you like, /v/ hates everything, you thought they would like a casual shooter from Blizzard thats the brainchild of TF2+LoL?
>>
>>336802918
From what I can understand Overwatch has some kind of story involving two major companies. Overwatch and Blackwatch (you can guys which one is da bad guyz) but the game itself just kind of throws that out the window with Blackwatch and Overwatch agents working together to...capture a japanese bell or something.
>>
>>336802938
Are you saying gamers are sadists who like shit games?
>>
>>336802941
Yes on both counts. Switch heroes if your team is stuck, figure out what your team needs to get ahead.
>>
>>336802170
Older people are the ones who don't care about multi and just want to relax with a well designed game.
I cared about MP shooters when I was 15.
>>
it's fun but my friends are pretty bad

really grinds my gears
>>
>>336802997
/v/ is still non ironically ass blasted about a kids cartoon.
>>
File: 1461275194425.jpg (73 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
1461275194425.jpg
73 KB, 500x483
>>336801963
>I forget Blizzard even made this some times.

This is something I haven't been able to articulate until just now, but it is absolutely true isn't it?

Playing this game with friends is like a timewarp back to 2006, where I still believed in my heart that most vidya was good and only people who had games' best interest in mind were in the industry.

I'm sure the magic will wear off after a few months of live + competitive mode, but right now I am just high off of all the good vibes I'm getting from playing. I haven't had "summer game multiplayer funtime" in nearly a decade.
>>
>>336802624
Name a drawback while defending a point or spawn camping someone.
Movement doesn't count because he doesn't need to move to do that.
>>
>>336802468
He said posting Undertale
>>
>>336802941
This. People who say they do so in games like this are the ultimate blind egotistical shitters. They played a few terrible teams in the grand scheme of a terrible player base bad enough to lose to one okay player and think MAN YOU JUST NEED TO BE AS GOOD AS ME!

Its like i body my friends in fighting games all day doing dumb shit and then you say that dumb shit doesn't work and i say nu uh just gotta be good enough. When in reality a good player will counter it.
>>
>>336802339
>>336801872
dude is just drawing her to make easy patreon bucks, I doubt he even plays the game.
>>
>>336802849
I love how every TF2 pro (take from that term what you will) has up and left for Overwatch. Wonder how long it will last.
>>
>>336802829

>on consoles

literally
>>
>>336803050
>803050 â–¶
>>>336802938
>Are you saying gamers are sadists who like shit games?
Considering /v/ has had unironic The Division, Assassins Creed, Uncharted and Halo 5 threads, yes.
>>
>>336802925
>new CoD is coming out soon

And I'm sure you'll preorder than garbage as well.
>>
>>336801785
This is a good analysis. I haven't played much but I agree with everything you said here.
>>
>>336802468
It's in your face because it's been hyped up for years and is finally getting released. If Overwatch is the new MLP just for that then literally any game that has had more than a handful of threads on /v/ was also the new MLP. Also,

>shills
There are no shills for this game. Every thread I've seen has been easily 50% shit talking it, 20% praising it, and 30% people asking if it's worth buying.
>>
>>336803078
Yeah, I had a friend who didn't seem to grasp the concept that reinhardt is there to be a mobile shield.

i had to explain that he could use his shield to block damage on the choke point so we could all attack them.
>>
Played it for an hour last night and really enjoyed it. A lot more fun if you're playing with someone and using a mic (sidenote: the mic/voice chat support in the game is really, really good. The quality of it stood out to me), because the maps are built around serious chokepoints that you can only overcome by using combinations of powers unless the other team is full of retards too.

That said, I don't know how long the appeal will last. I almost feel like I've already seen everything the game can offer. I stuck pretty much to one class and any time I changed I just got bored, so I don't see the different classes adding much to my enjoyment. By the time the free beta period is over I'll probably have had my fun.
>>
>>336803015
>walkspeed

It does feel slow on certain heroes but over all overwatch is much faster paced than tf2
>>
>>336802997
>nothing will ever come close to MLP
/pol/ is nearly there.
>>
I played it for a while and here's whats wrong with it.
>21 characters and only a few like 5% are actually good/fun playing as
>the same characters or even less are decently designed both looks and gameplay wise
>many characters can be scrapped due to being worthless or have a role another character does better
>some maps are not fairly balanced for certain game modes, resulting in free one sided stomps
>all the specials or "ultimates" are on varying scales of lackluster, some are more stupid powerful than other worthless ones
>everyone moves so fucking slow, not just the tanks
>weird cooldown choices for standard abilities, like widowmaker's harmless hook take like 15 seconds to recharge while others would take like 3
>>
File: 1460366610999.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1460366610999.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>336801369
I just thinks it too easy and casual.

Same heroes every map.
Same unbalanced abilities.
No reward for playing characters that actually need skill.
POTG always goes to someone pressing q.
It's too "Happy happy no wrong in this world".
Just too safe and casual.

Junkrat is fun but they thought it was a good idea to have his uti oneshot-able.

If Blizz balances it and reduces the price I might get it, but not right now.
>>
>>336803280
>but over all overwatch is much faster paced than tf2
Because every map is just chokepoint after chokepoint with ult spamming
>>
>>336803098
Well spawn camping 1 person isn't an argument because you are against 6 people. Also any Tracer or Genji worth a damn will get behind you and kill you nearly instantly. Also drawing fire as Dva literally always works against all these awful Bastions who think they're invincible. Defense matrix is extremly powerful.
>>
>>336803146
>every TF2 pro
Not really, it's just some people that skirted the top without ever actually winning see an easier game and are trying to jump in on it before others have a chance to show them they're not good.
Clockwork is a weird exception having won LANs, but he's also quit TF2 and Overwatch like twice by this point so nobody knows.
>>
>>336803050
/v/ literally lapped up Skyrim and Fallout 4, so yes.
>>
>>336802762
>she isn't tanky
I don't understand this meme. She has the same amount of health of every other tank save roadhog. She has an ability that negates all damage in front of her. Are you slamming people into the wall and spraying them down like you should? If so she should be doing fine.
>>
File: 1459641246736.png (98 KB, 370x318) Image search: [Google]
1459641246736.png
98 KB, 370x318
>>336801963
>and is a blast with friends

Well here's your answer, most people on this boards don't have friend, and are such socially awkward mental weaklings they can't even make friends on the internet. I've actually seen people on this site say they're too shy to even communicate via email before.
>>
its a polished f2p game and feels very slow paced
>>
>>336803395
Even without the ults the kill times are much faster

Though I will admit TF2 has superior map design, a lot of TF2 maps straight ported to overwatch would be great
>>
File: 130842303938.jpg (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
130842303938.jpg
23 KB, 250x250
>>336803524
>polished
>>
>>336803146
The biggest tf2 tournament had about 2000 viewers. The price money barely even covered hotel+plane cost. Tf2 comp is a joke.
>>
evolve 2.0
>fun game
>priced too high for what you're getting

if evolved launched at $15 with an extra game mode or two, /v/ would've played the shit out of it.
>>
>>336802308
Games like TF2 are less strict on that because you have a lot more team mates, so the chance that someone picks and actually has fun playing a support is a lot higher. Overwatch is just annoying with the amount of Widow/Hanzo/Reaper and Tracer who contribute very little against a well balanced team.
>>
>>336801785

This. It's mediocre and not worth your time or money for all the reasons this post listed, and no, it won't get better at launch.
>>
>>336801872
>you're fucked if you happen to get on a bad team
Isn't this every team based game ever?
>>
>>336803443
It was a bit of hyperbole, sure. But quite a few of them are. Also Clockwork lets his emotions get the best of him. He reminds me of the average /v/ poster who think's everything is OP while he played McCree at his strongest in the early stages of the beta.

He is also a whiny little bitch
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 215x264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 215x264
It has no depth,basically.

Characters are 1.5 dimensional at best:The robot goes beep boop the gorilla chimps out and the ninja......speaks niponese(Was his personality built around this really?)

Except for depth in character,this game Isin't all that hard to get into,It's literally spam vs spam and a shield here and there. The knockback Is so abysmal It prevents any sort of combos unless you land a perfect junkrat satchel (real boner killer for this type of game.)

Lastly,when playing a character there's not a whole lot of ways to play them,It's usually a gimmick over and over til you win,you may say that other FPS's are like so,but In a game such as overwatch,It feels like a lot of ruined potential.
>>
>>336803497
>I don't understand this meme.
The front of her is a giant head hitbox meaning she soaks up damage quick.

>She has an ability that negates all damage in front of her.
In which time you can't do anything but run at them, other characters have shields that either let them do more or/and protect more people

>Are you slamming people into the wall and spraying them down like you should?
Reinhardt has a move much better for this. It also isn't an amazing plan when this is a team based shooter so a tank that can only go after one person and then have fuck all left is a bit shit
>>
>>336801369
Overwatch is ruined by the maps.

>Make a team shooter
>There's only ONE objective at any given time, meaning teams don't have to make tactical decisions like splitting up and it all just becomes a dumb clusterfuck of 12 people fighting on one spot, dying and running back for 10 minutes
How did Blizzard think this was a good idea?

You could simply have a fucking map with the same fucking objective, but twice

For example: Map with 2 points almost equally far away from each teams spawn point, if you capture one of the points your team gets points until the other team captures the point. You have that on both objectives and you craete a situation where players have to make tactical decisions of splitting up.

>Do we go there with all 6 of our players and maybe risk losing this objective?
>Do we send 3 players there, since only 3 of the enemies are here that maybe means we can win the team fight there while defending this point

etc.

The way it is now it's just two teams clashing on a single fucking spot that moves the entire game, constantly dying and counterpicking in hopes to get 3 more seconds of dominance in than the other team. It's boring, it's bad design.
>>
>>336803653
Yes, however the effect gets progressively worse the smaller the teams are
>>
File: 1426051389231.gif (805 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1426051389231.gif
805 KB, 250x141
I don't get how these shitposters can hate overwatch but like TF2

they're the same fucking game except overwatch has more character variety and more mechanics
>>
>>336803578
It's shit unbalanced and has an in-game leveling system. Playing monster was kinda fun but cat-and -mouse the game is not even a good idea.
>>
>>336802271
All I know Is I'm out strafing thr shit out of everyone as soldier 76.

And for that one reason I'm calling it goty because for the first fucking time in years a game is actually letting me use my movement to fuck someone up.

Hell it even evokes feelings of classic halo with some of the characters
>>
i don't hate it but it's kind of middle-of-the-road

my main problems are
- no dedicated servers and other nice pc features
- characters all feel like glass cannons and encounters rarely last more than a few seconds. normally the encounters are decided by which character is the hard character, or which character saw the other character first
- maps are very flat. tf2 had a lot of gradients. this game just has flat.
- the characters have a LOT of abilities between them and it's never entirely certain as to which ones are active at once. for example, one character has the ability to give wallhax to their whole team, but if you're the enemy there's no way of knowing this. ironically i think the clusterfuck of passive abilities actually lowers the skill ceiling rather than raises it. all of the abilities have cooldown timers on them but these are pretty opaque
>>
>>336801369
I'll tell you.

I opted in for beta and never got an invite.
All I got to see about the game was let's play channels who got to play it so Blizz can market their shit, and they usually just played the standard matchmaking stuff.
Then the short movies came in that promised a deep backstory to the game and I always wondered how they try to deliver the story in a TF2 kind of game.

Yesterday a friend of mine gave me one of his beta keys.
There is no story mode, the backstory for each character is literally 4 to 5 segments of text on their homepage. That's it.

I mean, sure, there are comics and other media that show the backstory, but i really wanted to play the story, not read it.

The gameplay also seems kinda wonky.
Some characters are face roll, others are borderline unplayable.

I also don't like the reward system.
Loot boxes can contain dupes and it gets progressively harder to obtain boxes so at some point you have to rely heavy on the ingame currency which i didn't receive much off of yet.
>>
>>336803825
I swear it has the halo 1 shield charging sound in it, I've heard it a few times
>>
File: 1455294613833.jpg (74 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1455294613833.jpg
74 KB, 400x400
>>336803813
>S-S-S-Same game!
They said that about HOTS and Dota.
>>
>>336803813
It also requires more skill when it comes to communicating with your team. But don't say that out loud here.
>>
File: Overwatch 2016-05-07 17-09-55-41.jpg (242 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch 2016-05-07 17-09-55-41.jpg
242 KB, 1920x1080
It's ok I guess. The graphics are nice and the non-Tumblr designs are pretty cool. $60 is asking too much though. $30 would've been more appropiate.
>>
>>336801463
>Rated T for Teen
>>
>>336803813
And TF2 has actually well designed gamemodes and maps
Which is the exact department in which Overwatch is garbage
>>
>>336803780
This is wrong, the objectives work the same way in tf2, the issue is the map design is just bad, unlike tf2.
>>
Too easy, too simple and low skill ceiling. Since everyone has infinite ammo nobody cares to aim they just spam a chokepoint and thats the whole game.
>>
>>336803813
>Modern blizzard games
>more mechanics

lel
>>
>>336803813
more =/= better

And people really don't like the idea of Ultimate in a tf2 like game.
>>
>>336803898
>Yesterday a friend of mine gave me one of his beta keys.

But it's an open beta right now numpnuts
>>
The biggest problem with Overwatch?

TRICKLING.

The ammount of times I've seen 1 person run into the objective thinking he can solo 6 people waiting for him each time, and NOBODY waits for a team group up and charge it.
>>
File: 1422690936279.jpg (41 KB, 299x259) Image search: [Google]
1422690936279.jpg
41 KB, 299x259
>>336803813
I don't believe you have ever played TF2, or you genuinely think more=better. "more mechanics" means nothing if it's all pressing 1 button. Compare junkrat's bomb thing to demo sticky jumping, there's no contest to which one gives you more control and actually let's you well... play the game.
>>
>>336803813

Holy shit. You cant possibly believe that. Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>336803950
You can get it for $40 on key sites
>>
>>336803953
Yeah if they made Reaper more like Not important it would have been a M so they had to tone him down.
>>
>>336801369
>an even more casualized shooter
>slow movement
>auto aim skills
>no scoreboard
>no single player
>40 dollars
>nothing new
Why would I ever care about this game? If it wasn't for good advertising nobody would buy it.
>>
>>336804043
It's fucking $40 on blizzard store
>>
Played it a ton And I'm sitting at around level 40 or so this beta. Playing with friends has been great and this will probably amuse me until the new unreal tournament comes out.
>>
>>336804043

Its $40 on the blizzard store you retards.
>>
>>336802838
>What is wrong with a game trying to appeal to everybody?

Well typically the issue is that it becomes so diluted that it appeals to nobody. You can't have a shooter that attracts hardcore competitive players AND the mobile gaming casual market, for example, because the tradeoff game you'd make wouldn't appeal to either of them. Doesn't stop companies trying though, oddly, even though it basically never works.
>>
>>336803950
>Game cost $60 meme

Its fucking $40, not sure whether thats too much for you. Its $60 for the special edition which has digital shit.
>>
>>336801369
Scoreboard doesn't show kda.
Assists are called kills.
Feeders are not shown, feeding enemy kills causes them to have more ult uses.
No votekick.
No gamemode choice.
No suicide button.
POTG can't be disabled.
>>
>>336804031
This is a problem with every objective based team game. It is awful and I wish people would stop and think every now and then.
>>
>>336804084
That doesn't include all the characters right?
>>
File: b50.png (185 KB, 680x566) Image search: [Google]
b50.png
185 KB, 680x566
>>336803950
>Tumblr designs
Are you fucking serious? There are literally tumblr noses on 90% of the characters.
>>
>>336801369
It's boring. I'd have preferred if this was a single player game since the powers make much more sense in a PvE game than PvP.

Also >windows phone
>>
File: 3019068.jpg (14 KB, 183x232) Image search: [Google]
3019068.jpg
14 KB, 183x232
>>336804084
>>336804102
I-I didn't know!
Honest mistake!
>>
>>336804031
This is my biggest problem too, attackers should all respawn at the same time

Every time its an endless cycle of

>retard rushes in alone and dies
>retard 2 who just respawned rushes in alone and dies
>repeat endlessly
>>
>>336803680
>Clockwork lets his emotions get the best of him
It's funny hearing b4nny constantly suck his dick over his DM, but then complain he has a habit of going "rage sniper" in games that matter. Like he knows he's a shitter, but needs him on the team.
especially considering he cucked b4nny at LAN
>>
>>336804110
I sell my spraypainted liles of shit on ebay for 200$. I guess you just can't afford it hahaha
>>
>>336804000
Yeah with 3 characters.
If you have the key you can choose who you want to play
>>
>>336804143
Every heroes are free
>>
>>336804143
$60 version just gets digital shit like extra outfits. $40 is the full version with all future characters and maps.
>>
>>336804143
It does actually
>>
>>336804113

So it is the HotS of FPS? Blizzard wants everyone to be a winner and feel safe?
>>
>>336802793
>proper F2P business models
>wanting F2P
>wanting companies to nickel and dime everyone so you can have a "free" experience at the consumer's ultimate expense
Fuck you, you poor-ass faggot. I see why you hate Overwatch now. Mad because they're replacing your McDonald's job with touch screen ordering stations and you can't afford to actually pay for games?
>>
>>336804245
>>336804247
Oh. I was mislead by Tracer being on the Origins Edition.
>>
>>336803867
oh, and the modes are direct clones of TF2's koth, cp and payload modes, yet they don't have any 5-point cp maps, which were my favourite type in tf2
>>
>>336804257
Yep, that's why the commend and POTG exists.
>>
>>336804031
>Everyone is just running head first at the objective
>Not had any success at taken the last point
>Use Dva's jihad
>Overtime
>We get it super quick
This game is dumb
>>
>>336804113
Pretty much sums it up. And blizzard is actually trying to make this competitive by pouring money in.
>>
>>336804228
So you haven't actually played the game and just shitpost, alright
>>
>>336804038

Junkrats bomb-thing

There's like...3 of those. Which are you talking about?
>>
File: overwatch.jpg (714 KB, 1485x668) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.jpg
714 KB, 1485x668
>everything caters to the lowest common denominator
>no scoreboard
>ultimate charging that persists through death to give even idiots some kills
>maps feel very same-y, spammy chokepoint fests
>movement is incredibly limited and generally not very important
>the class designs feel like a checklist of getting as big an audience as possible rather than actual characters
>no option to choose gamemode, server, or anything
>region-locked servers and friendslist

I understand why people like it, but I'm glad I joined the free weekend to check it out. It's basically the Hearthstone of FPS games, and that's fine, but not for me.
>>
>>336803813
they're the same game except overwatch has more characters, half of which have the same fucking abilities, and a clusterfuck of mechanics and passive abilities seemingly thrown together at random with no thought toward whether they'd make for a better game
>>
>>336803808
Really, I would think with a small team an individual player's effect would be more amplified.
>>
>>336804265
Valve doesn't nickel and dime anybody.
>>
File: 124214123213.png (974 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
124214123213.png
974 KB, 1280x720
>>336804265
>>336804218
>Giving a muti-billion dollar company more money for something that's not even that good
>>
Can somebody explain to me what Winston's thing is? His weapon is shit, his abilities are mostly about mobility which is useless because he can't really do anything when he's there, and even his ult barely deals any damage.

He seems to literally just be a high HP distraction that jumps around and annoys people, which is nowhere near fun to play.
>>
File: CNNdKyDUsAA4UHO.jpg (17 KB, 544x381) Image search: [Google]
CNNdKyDUsAA4UHO.jpg
17 KB, 544x381
Could probably be an amazing team-based fps.
It's just too shallow at the moment.
>>
>>336804323
the only one that has you able to jump with it i assume
>>
>>336804315
>no gamemode choice

This. Whenever I jump into a game I don't even know what game mode it is. As far as I can tell there's only 3. Payload, King of the Hill, and Capture point.
>>
>>336804189
Meanwhile the defender keeps building up their ultimate meters. As Mercy, once my team has dug in there is very little the enemy can do. I stand back, keep everyone healed and use the attack up. If the attackers manage to get an ult to clear the room I simply Q, everyone is back up again and can wreck the defenders once more. After the cleanup is done my Q is on 50% again while the attacker start running back with 0%.
>>
File: 1462611044049.jpg (570 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462611044049.jpg
570 KB, 1080x1080
>>336803813
No. Just No.

TF2 has better map design, better physics, optional mouse acceleration (holy fuck this is bad in overwatch), Ammo limitation (what the fuck Blizzard?) Fuck I could go on for hours, besides all these things TF2 just feels more solid, if I go on a killing spree with a heavy it really feels like I'm spraying bullets into shit and not just pew pewing with a fucking airsoft.

Now despite everything I've said, I don't think Overwatch is awful, I'm having fun with it, but to say it's anywhere near as good as TF2 at this stage is just retarded.
>>
>>336804282
They need to just go all in and copy all gamemodes from TF2. I love the game but I've played it for nearing on a fucking decade now and I want something new, but one thing that's never gotten old is the game modes, they're a blast. They also forgot the most important aspect of any FPS, which is team deathmatch. An FPS without team deathmatch is automatically garbage since it means there's nothing to filter out the retards and they're forced to play objective modes, and you get situations where you're on the attacking team in KOTH and half your fucking team is Widowmaker watching the point from five miles away.
>>
>>336804323
Well if you had a brain you could conclude I'm talking about the one that's a non-ulte ability. The one you detonate. Because it's the one you sticky jump with. A set height, speed, and velocity, with minimal option to air-strafe, but a sticky jump nonetheless.
>>
>>336801369
"Overwatch is made for Esports"

No:
>KDA
>actual matchmaking
>minimap
>overwhelming technical skill involved on any character's kit. You just dont get the same "wow" factor that you get when you watch some korean gook hit 400 APM in SC2

>way too team based to actually stand out (many characters feel as if they have small impact in games while others out shine them completely)
>Microtransactions in a AAA Buy to play game
>most maps are fucking terrible
>Torj has all the power of engineer, but is not restricted to having a dispenser and nest. (I draw a comparison to the mini sentry and how it honestly killed any small strands of competitiveness TF2 had.)
>Mei's wall is a basic ability which completely prohibits movement and blocks projectiles, if that wasnt enough she has a slow into a snare into a stun.
>POTG doesnt reward skill or nice plays, just Bastions and McCree's pressing one button and killing 2 people
>match making is fucked beyond belief, matching level 5's with level 30's.
>Is a game "made for esports" with shit bit rate servers.

It's a good game to waste time on when youre bored, but it isnt the next big thing and wont kill MOBAs in the esports scene.
>>
>>336804318
Go to bed, you're tired.
>>
>>336801369
The matches are too fast. Some of the abilities are too strong I guess, the dragon is particularly annoying. The levels aren't balanced, the layout seems to be rather random. It's all right, but not $60 all right.
>>
>>336804425
>likes jojo
>thinks f2p isn't cancer
>is poor
Confirmed child
Mods get this hot head out of here.
>>
>>336804456
I'm not even sure if you can do that with his sticky bomb. I tried rocket jumping with Pharah until I realized the L1 is basically just insta-rocket jump
>>
>>336801369
coz it looks like im playing with toys and tf2 got old years ago, also neo activision blizzard sucks ass and i´d rather grind anything on steam or ps3 rather than touch this casual garbage.

i bet its some microtransactions faggotry again where you dont even get alternative skins with buying the game anymore. fuck you shills
>>
>>336802967
It's literally TF2 with more classes, dumbfuck.
>>
anyone know where I can get some good diva porn
>>
D.Va is the cutest!
>>
>>336803475
Fallout 4 was DOA here though.

There weren't even threads bitching about it. Literally nobody cared.
>>
>>336801369
Only thing that annoys me is the 20 tick.
That shit is really noticable ingame.

I mean they hide it with the fact that most heroes dont require aiming skill anyways, but sometimes i die behind walls, because the server hasnt adjusted the hitboxes yet.
>>
>>336804385
>ult charging through death
Even though I'm not loving this game, I don't see why this is a bad thing in a game that relies so heavily on teammates contributing and working together. Seems like an idiot should get his ult charged do he can maybe help at some point.
>>
>>336804582
>>>>>/gif/8484666
>>
>>336804567
You can, but it's limited and pretty awkward, which I think was that anon's point
>>
>>336804524
I'll agree I don't think it's made to be played super-competitively. Low skill ceiling and no way to tell how well you're doing compared to your teammates.
>>
>>336803813
I don't think Overwatch has more abilities and mechanics than TF2 when you compare them character-for-character, it's just that TF2 doesn't have the abilities up on screen all the time.

Scout can double jump. He doesn't have a prompt saying "PRESS E TO JUMP HIGHER THAN NORMAL". Engineer can build sentries, he doesn't have an onscreen prompt or a dedicated button for it. Spy can go invisible, same thing. Then throw in all the secondary effects of the weapon unlocks and I'd say TF2 actually has more variety than Overwatch, it just doesn't throw it in your face.
>>
>>336804429
Being distraction is not a fault in a team based game.

There are several characters who absolutely love to go in while Winston goes apeshit.

Besides he can catch runners and disrupt snipers, latter which is as good as killing them as they are not shooting.
>>
>>336804575
it's aesthetically trying to be like tf2 but it plays very differently
>>
>>336804420
But everyone else does, and Valve doesn't make video games anymore. They're sitting on Steam money, they don't actually have to nickel and dime you.

For other companies, F2P has been the way to treat players like ATM machines. Yet now we're seeing companies move away from F2P and back to actually charging you a flat fee for your experience; Overwatch, Battleborn, Lawbreakers, even Atlas Reactor in the past week announced it was switching from being F2P to being a paid product.

And regardless of whether you actually like a game or find it shit--which may be the case for Overwatch--moving away from F2P can only ever be a good thing. So fuck any poor nigger who thinks more games should be F2P.
>>
>>336801369
I won't buy blizzard games after they ruined Diablo and SC imo.
>>
slow movement
shitty gunplay
too many weapons with range
too many spray n pray weapons
shitty maps (all chokes, all the time)
official blizzard 6v6 servers only
classes are boring if their cooldowns aren't up
shilled to hell by youtube/twitch
>>
File: 13412413123.jpg (66 KB, 777x656) Image search: [Google]
13412413123.jpg
66 KB, 777x656
>>336804534
>>
>>336804685
It eliminates another effect of actually being good at the game, though, and another part that would actually allow for strategizing gone.
>>
>>336801686
>Name one multiplayer FPS which isn't made for 5 year olds
There isn't. That's the point. It's an online shooter and it goes in the trash if you are older than 5.
>>
File: 1461596470081.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1461596470081.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>336803504
i have a lot of real life friends but never had an internet friend.
i never could understand how to get them it seems so awkward.
>>
The biggest problem is that most everyone is fragile as fuck and there are far too many ways to 1shot people. Also not enough content to justify the price.
>>
>>336804704
Ah my bad then.
>>
File: 1459877733100.jpg (12 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1459877733100.jpg
12 KB, 255x255
>>336801369
the map design is terrible

notice how literally EVERY good TF2 map was made by a community contributor. there is no system in place in overwatch, only blizzard can make maps
>>
Not to turn this into SJW baitshit chat, but now I've actually seen the female models, why the hell did SJW go crazy over the looking over the shoulder Tracer pose, when there is other poses in which she litterally bends over and sticks out her ass, same goes with Widowmaker/UV girl w/e her name is

I'm starting to believe SJW is just males pretending to be triggered femmies, I can't actually believe that out of ALL the things they complained about, they complained about the least slutty pose
>>
>>336804750
Valve is the only publisher worth a shit, this surprises nobody. Dota 2 and CS:GO are two of the biggest games on the market for a reason.
>>
>>336804848
I think you have to be part of a community and then it grows from there.
>>
>>336804524
While I agree with you on nearly everything. They actually haven't said whether or not there would be any micro-transactions and if there are it would be like CS with buying the crates and gambling on what you get. All DLC and post-launch content will be free.
>>
>>336804926
You're not actually refuting the point though. In fact, you may have missed it completely.
>>
>>336801369
its just a shit game
run around pretending to outplay people while getting guaranteed free kills on a timer

its fucking dumb
its not a skillful game
its as casual as hearthstone
its a game for normies
>>
>>336804863

>not enough content to justify the price

I don't get this meme. Theres 12 maps and 21 classes. More than what most games ship with. What do you expect?

If you seriously give a shit about singleplayer in a team based fps your opinion is disregarded.
>>
File: Laughing whores.png (562 KB, 942x944) Image search: [Google]
Laughing whores.png
562 KB, 942x944
>>336803813
I like both games but they are nothing alike
people who say they are have only played one of the two
>>
>>336804470
tracer has a tickle gun but heroes like roadhog, reaper, bastion, pharah, hanzo, and the pink hair girl have guns that feel badass
>>
>>336804848
first step is to get a mic.
Second step is to play a game that requires some kind of cooperative teamwork. You'll eventually find someone that is as good (or bad) as you and you get each others skypes etc.

It's been years since I've made any new internet friends though. I've kept the same ones for nearly a decade and take summer trips to meet up with them in New York.
>>
File: sushi.jpg (90 KB, 450x357) Image search: [Google]
sushi.jpg
90 KB, 450x357
I like the game and I'm having fun with it but I'm still on the fence about it being $40 with how the game is currently.

There are a bit of issues for me such as
>character balance (regards to current and future releases)
>overall movement balance
>map design (with how a lot of characters not mobile enough, it's annoying to have to defend a point or attack it in pubs at least)
>following up on that, maybe balance death and respawn timers around the map and how the game is progressing
>needs more game modes
>custom game modes and maps (without the stupid IP restrictions on mods and maps)
>server browser maybe? (for scrims if this game will even be competitively viable)
>i prefer the Valve way for cosmetics in a sense that you can mix and match
>server stability (greece map always disconnects for some reason)
>player health and population (living in asia means this game is already one foot in the grave)
>$40 price tag that may or may not become an F2P game with payable cosmetics/characters (inb4 blizzard promised! this is blizzard we're talking about)
>needs more polish (character interactions, destructable environment maybe or at least stuff like trashcans and lamp posts, etc.)

As I said, purchasing the game is 50/50 right now and the player base is probably my biggest issue because it is just a multiplayer only game and being in a 3rd world shithole in asia doesn't help either
>>
>>336804429
Youre pretty much going to force the opponent to make this decision. "Should I defend the point from 4 people who are pushing it? or should I turn around and deal with the gorilla tasering me?"
Most of the time they will turn to deal with you and then your team will just toast them. That and you can bully the hell out of snipers.
>>
>>336804903
It was one guy bitching at the forums and the dev guy retardedly responded to it when he could've just ignored it.

The real SJWs are the ones attacking Jap devs. Blizzard tends to get away with whatever since they're so strong with the "nerd" community.
>>
File: 1441039907177.gif (2 MB, 255x149) Image search: [Google]
1441039907177.gif
2 MB, 255x149
>>336803962
>>
>>336804573
>coz it looks like im playing with toys

what does this even mean

you dont like the artstyle?
>>
>>336805045
Other publishers not following Valve's example is no skin off my nose. It just means that only Valve is worth a shit when it comes to PC gaming.
>>
>>336802665
Oh you innocent child
>>
>>336804903

Tracers pose was the only one that made her turn around to show her butt.
The others where they stick their butts out all need to rotated before you can get a facefull of ass.

The guy bitching probably didn't know how to rotate models.
>>
>>336804903
D.VA is literally wearing a skin tight suit and widowmaker is walking around half naked and has an ass the size of a small truck.

But it was probably because they felt tracer wasnt "supposed to be sexy" while widowmaker is designed to be exactly like that.
>>
>>336805197
Sure, if you only play TF2, CS, and Dota for the rest of your life.
>>
>>336805056
>I don't get this meme
Everything isn't a meme, you fucking faggot.
This shit is not worth $40 or even $60.
TF2 was $20 on launch and was a little less boring than this.
>>
>>336804952
I can only assume there will be micro transactions.

You only get loot chests upon leveling up, there's no other way to unlock stuff unless you get the currency out of the loot chests. I really wish developers understood that unboxing systems dont work unless there's real money attatched to it like CSGO... but knowing retards we're likely to see

"OMG 100 LOOT CHEST OVERWATCH OPENING. BEST OPENING EVER?" plastered all over youtube when this game launches.
>>
>>336804897
yeah I think that's a big deal
map design strikes me as something very very difficult especially for these competitive multiplayer games, and is not really anything which should be tackled only by the developer who probably don't have the time to go and make better maps when the game is out

I mean how many of those really good long-lasting multiplayer FPS games had no room for user made maps?
>>
>>336805148
>chubby chasers
>>
>>336805170
Honestly I really disliked the artstyle when I first learned about the game. But it just kinda grew on me.
>>
Why does Overwatch suck?

-Because its just like every other FPS played in the past. No seriously, it has the same weapons, same characters, same fucking gameplay, and I'm not just talking about Team fortress 2.
-The characters are all from pop culture, change just the slightest, so as to avoid being sued for likeness of character.
-2 days on wards this game just seems like a boring blizzard cash cow machine. Sure geeks and hipsters will but it, but real games will most likely boycott it anyways.

-Seriously the amount of sex appeal in this game is also an issue. its like blizzard are trying really hard to sell us there rehashed Team fortress 2.

-Where is the blood in this game? where is the fucking gun control? were is the challenge of team play, when 1 uber character is killing them all.

-60USD for a pop culture FPS game is just way too much. Ill same my money tkx.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.