[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DSII>DSIII
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 11
Discuss.
>>
>>336780860
It improves on the area design.
It improves on the NPCs mostly.
It improves on the aesthetics.
It improves on the graphical quality.
It improves on enemy variety.

It relies heavily on callbacks.
Enemies stagger easily and stagger you even easier with flurries of lunging attacks which gets kind of as old as KNIGHTS EVERYWHERE in DaS2.
Shields are worthless for the most part since even in NG your shield must be a greatshield and heavily tuned to the enemy in question to be really worth it.
World is almost one single path with dead end branching paths at semi-regular intervals.
The world would still be infinitely easier to traverse if you had a ladder or could hop over some masonry.
Armor models, despite looking better are modelled rather poorly in some cases with solid metal vision slits, hollow helmets and capes that aren't attached to anything.
Weapon infusions are mostly worse since you can only infuse specific weapons.
Blues are a fucked covenant mostly with the removal of sin and blue eyes.
>>
>>336782038
>It improves on enemy variety.
Irrelevant when most enemies are just DUDE RUSH DOWN INFINITE STAMINA LMAO and it's a game of who can stagger who first
>>
>>336782038
it might be me but:

>DSII is more comfy
>Some memorable/unique npcs (navlaan, Lucatiel, FEEBLE, WHEELNDEAL, bellbro...etc) that doesn't require some asinine bullshit
>DSIII felt more of a chore just like BB compared to DSII
>While there is DUDE IN ARMOR LAMO, i felt there is more variety in enemies in DSII
>Fucking covenants were trash tier in DSIII

and so on
>>
>>336782608
>DSII is more comfy
This is not a legitimate point, especially not in something like the Souls series where there's not even comfort in death.
>>
>>336782608
>>DSIII felt more of a chore just like BB compared to DSII
BB was the best Souls game so far. If DaS3 is closest to it then that it makes it even better.

DaS2 was so generic and just the core gameplay was not fun.
>>
>>336782805
but it does, at least to me. Compare Majula to firelink shrine. A glimpse of hope is needed to face the dreads up ahead...that is what Majula provided

>>336782884
I am not saying it a bad game. It possess its own version of a majestic beauty.

All i said that it was a chore to complete. Stressful at times.
>>
>>336783049
Regardless of what YOU think, "comfy" is not a legitimate point.
>>
>>336783049
>All i said that it was a chore to complete
That was das2 for me. Really tried to like das2 but couldn't get over 200 hours into the game.

I am almost at 400 hours with das3 now.
After I got all the achievements in das2 I put the game away until the dlc with das3 I started several new playthroughs right after it.

It just has good direction again.
Like Demon's or Bloodborne it is the whole package.

DaS1 had great design but a horribly mismanaged budget.
DaS2 had weak design but was managed better

DaS3 is on par with bb and demon's were they got both right.

Maybe I am biased because my favorite part of these games are the bossfights and that is the strongest part of das3 and bb and the weakest of das2.
>>
>>336783196
"Regardless of what you think your subjective opinion on a part of the overall game experience does not matter in your subjective view of the game." You are aware that game ratings are all subjective right?
>>
>>336780860
Interms of PvP sure, but the PvE is better.
>>
>>336783313
How the fuck do you play souls for so long

I played DaS2 for 100 hours + 60 hours SotFS, and DaS3 for 80 hours (and don't feel like playing more of it till the DLC comes)

25~ hours in demon's souls but 100%ing it is such a fucking chore.
>>
>>336783891
I love these games so much.

I am over 1000 hours in das1.
>>
3 is a bit too linear for my taste

I fucking hate bonfire warping from the start of the game
>>
File: aikuro_mikisugi_54469.jpg (85 KB, 300x426) Image search: [Google]
aikuro_mikisugi_54469.jpg
85 KB, 300x426
>>336782608
>DSII is more comfy

That's a bad thing.
>>
>>336783691
You completely missed his point, he is saying that your opinion doesn't matter because you're a fucking newfag retard (low intelligence) you back this claim simply by being unable to comprehend that his actual argument is that "comfy" is not valid in the way of rating a game
>>
>>336782038
>It improves on the area design.
>Swamp
>Swamp
>Poison Swamp
>Catacombs
>Cathedral
>Cathedral
>Another fucking cathedral

heh
>>
>>336784114
But the reason the second half of das1 sucks so much is exactly because they wasted all that budget on the early level interconnectivity.

The levels are still as well designed just not as overall well connected.
But I take that if that means all the boss fights are as good as they are in das3 and bloodborne and if it doesn't mean the game falls apart after half of it.
>>
>>336784432
10/10 bait got my dick hard and gave me premature ejaculation.
>>
File: 1462115145961.jpg (36 KB, 334x400) Image search: [Google]
1462115145961.jpg
36 KB, 334x400
>>336782608
>le comfy
>>
File: 1462425827458.png (85 KB, 294x258) Image search: [Google]
1462425827458.png
85 KB, 294x258
Someone pick a name for me for my new character. They'll be silver.
I'll probably play with a friend, so if they can be one half of a partner that'd be great too.
>>
>>336780860
nah, senpai
>>
>>336782038
>can only infuse specific weapons
What? You can infuse all "normal" weapons, ie. all weapons that upgrade with titanite shards/chunks, ie. the vast majority of weapons. It's always been like this.
>>
You get ganked more often in Forest of Fallen Giants than you do in the whole of Dark Souls 3
>>
>>336784753
Livendagen

The Living day
>>
>>336780860
they're all terrible games
>>
Dark Souls II had more replayability and better PvP.
>>
>>336784753
>I'll probably play with a friend, so if they can be one half of a partner that'd be great too.
Shitter 1 and Shitter 2.
>>
>>336785069
GOOD IDEA
>>
>>336784916
You think anyone here has played demon's souls?
>>
File: 1451811700527.jpg (194 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1451811700527.jpg
194 KB, 750x750
>>336785183
probably the same people that played bloodborne
>>
>>336785183
not with that barren pvp m9
>>
>>336780860
DS2 Guts Sword > DS3 Guts Sword

BB MLGS > Every other MLGS
>>
>>336785183
What are you trying to say? I've only played a few select games of the series myself in that I skipped DaS2 and of course BB.
>>
>>336785342

>Barren PvP.
>Invaded instantly in Shrine of Storms consistently for 2 years.

Kek. It also had the best PvP too m8.
>>
File: 374320_20160506224430_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
374320_20160506224430_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Rate my waifā€”I mean, character, /v/.
>>
>>336785372
>better capes
>weapon art lets you swing it around like crazy
>not more like guts
>>
>>336785447
>muh grass
>muh second chance

fuck off
>>
>>336785530

Kek. Grass was shit, but nobody grassed after a few months and SC was a good thing; a way to make characters less squishy without giving them a higher HP cap and stopped 1-shots. Complaining about SC is like complaining about raising Vit to be viable.

Compare that to the problems in the other games.
>>
>>336785856
I think it is absolutely retarded to try and balance these games around pvp
It is not a moba
It is even stupider than trying to play party games like super smash brothers competitively.

Truth is that DeS had the best pvp because it had the best motivation for invading and being invadable.
Every other game fucked it up.
>>
>>336785972

How is it? All that was out of whack in DeS was grass and all that was out of whack in BB was the lack of combos and invasions didn't happen until later in the game.
>>
>>336785529
>no more WHOOOOOOOSH *blur effects*
>>
>>336786294
BB's problem is that you couldn't be invaded without ringing the co-op bell. The only way around it was ringing a sinister bell and immediately silencing it. You had to opt in, rather than opt out.
>>
>>336785491
>120

lmao
>>
I have to admit, this is true for the PvP aspect.
They shoehorned too much of Bloodborne's PvP elements into this game. Hit them 2-3 times, they roll away and heal, they hit you 2-3 times, you heal, repeat til no estus.
Not to mention poise actually worked in DaS II.
>>
>>336786294
Problem in bb was that invasions only happened when you wanted to summon someone which puts it on the same level as das1 were there was no real reason to go human other than you want to summon people.
BB and DaS1 are about the same level of shit I would say.
DaS2 had some good ideas like letting you be invaded in areas were you have already killed the boss and in hollow form but also fucked up majorly by leaving out a full red eye orb and forcing people to farm world of warcraft style boring arenas for invasions and soul memory
DaS3 is a huge gankfest and ignored das2's shit even the good ideas.

DeS is still the best. Best motivation for invading and being invadable.
Now I am not talking at all about the pvp balance just the invasion system.
>>
>>336786713
>DaS3 is a huge gankfest and ignored das2's shit even the good ideas.

what the fug?

Literally everything that was good about pvp in das2 is in das3

invading when the boss is dead? Check.
invading when hollow? Check.

das3 is the best pvp thus far unless you're a buttblasted red who has gotten used to ezmode twinking in the previous games, in which case I could understand your frustration at having to actually git gud.
>>
>>336782884
you're outta your gourd, m80.
>>
>>336786898
>invading when the boss is dead? Check.
Not possible in das3.
>invading when hollow? Check.
Also not possible

You understand I am talking about the host right?
>>
>>336782038
>It improves on enemy variety.

This is so wrong I almost want to reach into the internet and slap you. There isn't a single new enemy model past Aldrich, and even his area was a rehash.
>>
>>336786939
>Not possible in das3.
It is idiot.

>Also not possible
It is idiot.

At least play the game before you try to meme like this.
>>
DaS1 > SotFS = 3 > 2
>>
>>336786996
If the host is not embered you can not invade him
If the host has killed the boss in that area you can not invade him.

Fuck you you have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>336786898

>Unbreakable infinites.
>Random as fuck BS behaviors.
>Movesets are shit.

Kek. There are things that are great in DaS3 PvP, but it's still shit.
>>
>>336786947
you know the profaned capital and irthyll dungeon is supposed to be played after Aldritch, right?
>>
>>336786996
you have autism, friendo seek help
>>
>>336783313
DaS2 had some of the best, drowned out with some of the worst. Mirror Knight, SoTFS' Pursuer, Fume, Smelter, all amazing. But then you have things like Royal Rat bosses, Vendrick and Nashandra, the disappointment duo, to a certain extent Duke's Dear, but in NG+ it was so much better.
>>
>>336787075
>If the host has killed the boss in that area you can not invade him.
You literally can, play the fucking game jesus

>If the host is not embered you can not invade him

you said hollow :^)

if your actual point was the ability to be invaded while in the low health state then I direct you to your own post that claims DeS is the best because it forces the host to go human in order to get the health bonus. You can't simultaneously claim DeS was the best because of the soul form system and then shit on DaS3 for using the literal exact same mechanic.
>>
>>336787195
>Mirror Knight, SoTFS' Pursuer, Fume, Smelter, all amazing
What the fuck?

Mirror Knight was only good in ng+ and by then he was boring.
Fume and smetler were boring as shit.
You have the worst taste.
>>
>>336787235
>You literally can, play the fucking game jesus

No you can't. You can test this easily by just going out the back of the Pontiff room after killing Aldrich. You can summon spirits from red signs, but you will not be invaded by Aldrich Faithful.
You cannot invade someone who has defeated the area boss in any Dark Souls game unless they summon you with a red sign.
>>
File: 1438512504023.jpg (272 KB, 540x517) Image search: [Google]
1438512504023.jpg
272 KB, 540x517
>>336786947
>kind of excited to see what new enemies Lothric castle will hold for me
>It's cathedral knights with blue capes, mutant hollows, fat halberd knights and Lothric knights with red eyes along with bog-standard soldiers from the High Wall that just hit harder
>The bukakke mages are the only new enemies
>They even recycled the fucking crystal sage
>>
>>336787195
i didnt mind vendrick or ancient dragon, im not gonna argue that they were great designs or whatever but at least they thrust somewhat of a new challenge in your face

i still have never seen a dude with 2 summons beat ancient dragon, not once. helping out on that fight was probably the funniest shit on the planet
>>
>>336787235
>You can't simultaneously claim DeS was the best because of the soul form system and then shit on DaS3 for using the literal exact same mechanic.
DeS didn't prioritize invasions to only get the people with the highest amount of phantoms

Do you even understand what a gank is?
>>
>>336787380
>he can't debate more than one point at a time because he loses when pressed on details

nice
>>
>>336787318
>You cannot invade someone who has defeated the area boss in any Dark Souls game unless they summon you with a red sign.
Except you could in dark souls 2.
That is what this whole discussion is about.
>>
>>336787416
I said demon's had the best system.
Dark souls 3 has a close one but ruins it with the focus on ganks.
Just like dark souls 2 ruined it with soul memory and no orb

You are the one focusing on the similarity and ignoring the important thing that makes it different.
>>
>>336787235
>you said hollow :^)
Holy shit what a fucking cunt.
>>
>>336787271
their variable startup timing fucked you up, huh. it's okay, onii-chan. i won't tell the other kids at school.
>>
>>336787521
>I said demon's had the best system.

>>336786713
>DeS is still the best. Best motivation for invading and being invadable.

>literally lying to my face
>>
>>336787331
check off "boss that becomes normal enemy" off your bingo card
>>
>>336787617
How do these statements contradict each other?

Do you think HAD somehow implies it was beaten? Because it doesn't. It just means it was in the past.
The system is still the best.
It was the best
It is still the best
>>
>>336787521
DeS's battle tendency or whatever the fuck was the worst system in any From game.
>>
>>336787180
Oh no I didn't play the linear game in the right way I guess that makes me wrong somehow.
>>
They fucked up covenants and PvP big time in III. Replayability took a huge hit. The locations are more connected but very bland. Removing power stances was a mistake. Removing actual twinblades was a mistake. DSIII could've been so much better.
>>
>>336787726
And you could totally ignore it.

Good luck trying to ignore the ganks.
>>
DS2 had new areas and new npc, DS3 is more of the same DS1 shit but it's really good and annoying at the same time and the npc's quests make no sense.
>>
Bloodborne>DaS>DeS>DaS3>DaS2
Discuss the facts stated in this post
>>
File: 1457608611742.jpg (52 KB, 535x462) Image search: [Google]
1457608611742.jpg
52 KB, 535x462
>>336787734
that is what linear implies.
>>
>>336780860
>now that DaS3 is out let's all agree to be contrarians and try to make the bullshit claim that DaS2 is anything but the worst soulsborne game

DaS1 = BB > DaS3 > DeS > scholar >>> DaS2

The absolute most generous I'm ever going to be towards ranking DaS2 is treating it and scholar separately, and ranking scholar higher
>>
>>336787798
nice meme.

Even dsp beat BB, cant be that good.
>>
>>336787331
Because you are going back to the early area.

I do not understand this complaint. It is a circle. The ending and beginning in movies usually tie together in some way. Why are gamers not educated enough to appreciate that in their medium.

Also another question for you /v/irgins why is it a meme to say the director matters? Even the most pleb moviegoer knows that the director is important.
How the fuck are you guys so far behind in media discussion?
>>
>>336787694
You said DeS was the best and justified this with

>Best motivation for invading and being invadable.

then later you take this back because it turns out your initial point is full of shit because DaS3 does the same thing and swap your argument to:

>DeS didn't prioritize invasions to only get the people with the highest amount of phantoms

which is in and of itself pretty laughable because your new reason is "wah, From doesn't let me wail on people anymore, where's my easy mode from?"

If you're any good at pvp you can easily wreck most scrub squads and the way the system is set up I still end up 1v1 invading about 60+% of the time, which is honestly pretty similar to my experiences in every single other game, so I'm not quite sure what you're talking about.

In either case, get fucked.
>>
>>336785491
Murakumo or Carthus Greatsword? In any case great taste in swords
>>
>>336787781
this is true. haven't invaded once without a ganksquad rollin thru, in 80+ hours of play in DaS3. but dey wan make game viable for babby casul mainstream fgts so they can pat themselves on the back and say they beat a souls game.
>>336787798
switch DaS and DeS, then reverse the order, and you have the right answer.
>>
>>336787868
>Das3>Des

nice meme pal
>>
>>336787903
DSP didn't beat it legit, he grinded every boss

Also he quit BB at ludwig, so he technically didn't

He did beat DaS3 too.DSP is just getting gud at his own pace
>>
>>336787903
>the only thing that makes a souls fame good is its difficulty

No anon, you are the meme.
>>>/bandai namco marketing division/
>>
>it's a das2 thread
No one will change anyone opinion, there will be shitpost, false flagging and clear baits. I'm revoking this thread.
>>
>>336787832
Except the fact that I could fight each boss out of order means it's not linear you fucking retard. You're arguing a moot point to move goalposts.
>>
>>336787942
>then later you take this back
I don't take it back at all.

Should I have said "best motivation for invading and isn't ruined by ganks"?
Would that be easier for you to understand.

I clearly shouldn't have explained both of these in two sentences since you were dropped as a child and couldn't pay attention long enough.

I explained what DeS did well and then I explained where das3 fucked up. The fact that they did the same thing well does not stop the fuck up from ruining it

I swear you are literally retarded if you couldn't make that connection on your own and I had to explain it now three times to you.
>>
>>336787998
>nostalgia glasses
>>
>>336787998
I sort of agree with it and I love demon's.

But if you like good boss fights das3 will be your favorite.
>>
>>336788068
see >>336787734
>play the linear game
>linear game
>linear
>>
>>336788138
>s-stop noticing my mistakes
>you're the retard here

mad cuz bad or what?

You lied about why DeS was the best continuously and now that it's catching up with you all you can say is that I'm a retard for not being able to mind read.

>Should I have said "best motivation for invading and isn't ruined by ganks"?

Yes, you literally should have said this because that's what your argument is fuckface, but you didn't so now you look like the nostalgiafaggot you are.

That aside now we've come to the root problem here:

You're saying ganks are problematic and I'm saying they're not.

Should I mention that DeS had the slowest and laggiest, least well maintained online too? That's surely relevant when we're comparing deficiencies in an otherwise similar system.
>>
>>336788150
Alright i will bite.

In their respective fields...

Name 1 (one) boss better than:

>Maiden Astrea
>Flame Lurker
>False King
>Old Monk
>Tower knight

Name 1 (one) npc better than:

>Patches the heyna
>Yurt
>Stockpile thomas
>Old King Doran
>Biorr of the twin fangs

etc
>>
Yeah I feel DS2 was a better challenge and more complete game. The areas felt much bigger and had more secrets even in the vanilla DS2.

Also it had much better armor pieces and not everything was locked behind sidequests. Like for example, you can get Lucathel shield but you need to completely ignore an important covenant until you defeat the penultimate boss. You also need to backtrack in ambered form in a game where backtrack isn't even that rewarding.
>>
>>336786996
>i have not played ds3
>>
>>336788435
>Royal Rat Vanguard
>Rat King
>>
>>336788383
>>Yes, you literally should have said this because that's what your argument is fuckface,
Well good I did then and everyone who's brain is evolved enough to connect two sentences understood that.
>You're saying ganks are problematic and I'm saying they're not.
Different Issue.
Not sure I want to discuss is with a guy who has trouble with the simplest concepts though.

I can see why people like ganks from both sides though.
>>
>>336788435
Not that guy but

>maiden astrea

Singular boss type, never seen since

>>Flame Lurker
Orphan, Manus

>false king
Maria, Abyss Watchers, Soul of Cinder, Nameless King

>Old Monk

Mirror Knight was infinitely better because the boss fought too

>Tower Knight

You got me on this one, Tower Knight is iconic.
>>
>>336788435
>boss
Gundyr
Lothric Bros
Soul of Cinder
>NPC
Grierat
Siegward
Yuria

Although I was able to list two additional items than what you wanted, I can't wait for your next post, in which you will autistically explain how all of my personal tastes are OBJECTIVELY wrong. Your next line will be
>N-NO SHUT UP DELETE THIS REEEEEE
>>
>>336788138
I am not him but you are literally a child, he was refuting your earlier point which he did and you got buttblasted because you can't accept you were wrong
>>
Dark 1 > Demon's > Bloodbarn > Dark 3 > Dark 2
>>
>>336788680
>>You're saying ganks are problematic and I'm saying they're not.

It's not a different issue its the same fucking issue moron
>>
>>336788819
How was I wrong?

All he did was tell me I should've explained my argument differently.
My point from the beginning was
Demon's had the best system
Dark souls 3 had the most ganks.

I never said dark souls 3 did not take the system from demon's.

I do not understand what is so hard to understand here.
>>
>>336788785
>Gundyr
alright you got me.

>Lothric Bros
I bet you like princess (male) too

>Soul of Cinder
Gwyn 2.0

I can't say shit about Grierat but the rest are literally MUH FAN SERVICE XDD

BUT STILL

DeS> Bloodborne 1.5
>>
>>336788924
That was not what the argument was about though. Your problem was that I was apparently hypocritical with my comparison because I ignored that das3 had a similar system.
It does.
>>336789114
You are crazy.
All the bosses in das3 shit all over the demon's bosses.
>>
>>336789114
>gwyn 2.0

have you actually completed his fight?

>>336789194
>That was not what the argument was about though. Your problem was that I was apparently hypocritical with my comparison because I ignored that das3 had a similar system.

The argument is about which has the best system.

>>336786713
>Now I am not talking at all about the pvp balance just the invasion system.
>>
>>336789503
>>The argument is about which has the best system.
And prioritizing ganks is part of the system.
>>
I enjoyed being pandered to by Dark Souls 3, but I didn't enjoy being pandered to by Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>336789592
Because the pandering was differently.

Pandering in das3 was finding out about gwyn's firstborn.
Pandering in das2 was a death counter and an achievement "welcome to dark souls" for dying.

I feel the distinction is really important.
>>
>>336782608
>DSII is more comfy
I love Animal Crossing and Eurotruck as much as anyone but damn you need to shut the fuck up
>>
They're both the extreme worst of each respective side.
Dark Souls 2 had me slog through 20 enemies to get to where I wanted to go everytime I died.
Dark Souls 3 has me effortlessly slice through enemies like butter to get to where I want to go.
>>
>>336787589
No they are just lame bosses and not particularly difficult either.
>>
>>336789720
I think it's critical to say that I really didn't enjoy being forced to summon an NPC for a boss fight to complete their questline. I feel like those are really minimized for the DaS3 NPC quests.

It's also nice that DaS3 weaved it's own story that complimented DaS1 like a sequel with callbacks that felt like they fit into their own storyline rather than just a "Hey dude, the Lost Sinner is probably the Witch of Izalith and Gwyn might be Old Iron King"
>>
>>336784578
area theme =! area design
Yahtzee you fucking retard
>>
>>336790046
It was a continuation not a retreat.

The problem with souls lore being what it is the only way to do a sequel is with references.
That is why I prefer completely spiritual sequels for the series.

But if you HAVE to make a sequel das3 is the way to go.
>>
>>336785010
The new stuff they added to NG+ was neat, but it's too bad the game isn't fun enough to replay in the first place.
>>
>>336790046
If you can't babysit an NPC while fighting a boss, this isn't the game series for you.
>>
DS3 had some of the most unnerving monsters. Literally made my skin crawl and made me look around the room. Just to name a few, the slugs around Rosaria's room, the creatures crawling around in Irithyll Dungeon with the human face, and the big monsters sleeping in Profane Capital with the human hand as a face.

Also, was Aldrich the creature connected to Gwyndolin or did he just look like Gwyndolin because he ate him?
>>
>>336790470
The Cursed Greatwood made me feel really uneasy, that shit was nasty.

I think Aldrich was still in the process of digesting him, so eventually he would have gone back to goop but he had just eaten him.
>>
>>336790470
He's using Gwyndolin as a meat puppet

Some will claim that he's ALSO the goop all over the floor, and that the body you see is just his core, but I don't buy it
>>
File: DaS2 btfo.png (183 KB, 960x515) Image search: [Google]
DaS2 btfo.png
183 KB, 960x515
>All these shitters memeing DaS2 is better than 1
>>
>>336790665
>hearing Gwyndolin scream in agony every time he moves
I wasn't ready
>>
>>336790470
>slugs around Rosaria's room
Have you seen their fucking feet?
>>
>>336787938
Go back to /tv/ retard.
>>
>>336787000
Not even trips can save you from how wrong this is
>>
>>336790437
>if you want to have fun, DaS2 isn't the game for you
ftfy
>>
I miss a lot of the armor sets of Dark Souls 2... I wish they give Pursuer Set + DragonSlayer armor in DLC.
>>
Pontiff Sulyvahn is the most amazing character in all of the souls games.
Hostile takeover of Anor Londo.
He made a relative of the royals his personal slut and made her shake her ass for him until he got bored.
Sent the gender confused ladyboy to be eaten by his blob monster.
AND he had a sick boss battle.
>>
>>336791381
You forgot he's also a Sith Lord who has a stand.
>>
>>336787734
Only thing you missed was a fun as heck siegward and you vs Yhorm Bossfight
>>
>>336782884
BB is not a souls game tho.
>>
>>336791381
>look ma, I posted it again!
>>
File: 1458868129194.png (612 KB, 611x640) Image search: [Google]
1458868129194.png
612 KB, 611x640
>>336791696
Neither are dark souls or demon souls

True souls game right here.
>>
>>336784753
ā€¯IWantedToConfessI'mGay"
>>
Soul of Cinder is the best final boss in the series

discuss
>>
>>336792045
Twin Princes is really the end boss of das3 while soul of cinder feels more like an end boss to the dark souls series.

I still think Allant was better but maybe that is just because I played it first.
>>
>>336792215
Allant is a shit final boss, though
>>
>>336792215
You're talking about the false king right? Does he really count as the final boss?
>>
Alright, so I'm playing through the DS series so I can get to DSIII as I've never played them before.
I played through DS not too long ago and fucking loved it. The atmosphere, the controls, everything was great.
Then I get to DSII and everything is pretty much improved...except the controls.
Why the hell is there this sickening delay on everything in DSII? In DS all the actions flowed into each other, you could roll right at the end of an attack animation, you could attack right out of using an item, ect. In DSII there is a huge delay between actions that is frustrating as fuck. You can only get a hit in, maybe two, on bosses before you have to stop to make sure you can dodge, while in DS you could sneak in 3-4 if you were feeling risky because you could roll right out of your last attack. It also means it's much harder to dodge out of combos that enemies seem to love in DSII. How the fuck are people okay with this? I never see anyone mention it and I can't help but wonder if I'm doing something wrong or my game is fucked up or something, because this game is agonizing as a result. I leveled up agility to 110 and that helped but it still doesn't feel good like DS did. What the hell /v/? Am I the only one having this problem?
>>
>>336782221
Sounds like you're talking about DaS 2
>>
>>336792336
I think he was intended as the final boss.

I wouldn't hold it against demon's souls that they leave the order up to you this much.
I wish the grand archives wouldn't need a key in das3.
>>
>>336792353
No I also hated the combat but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.
Maybe it was because you can't combo moves into each other.

You should definitely try out BB it is the exact opposite and has tons of combo options.
>>
>>336792353
What do ya mean senpai? Delays on attack? In that case turn off double-clicking. It causes click delays
>>
>>336792592
I'm using a controller.
>>
>>336792456
If he was intended as the final boss then why is the true king Allant the actual final boss?
>>
>>336792740
True King allant isn't a boss.
It is a playable cutscene.
>>
My opinion means nothing but I'm putting it out there anyway:

Demon's Souls = Dark Souls = Bloodborne > Dark Souls 2 = Dark Souls 3
>>
I liked all the souls games and I don't think any of them were bad. They did get more linear and generic as they go, but that's it. That said, I liked the levels design better in DS2 just because they had more variety. Enemies are more interesting in DS3.

Demons Souls is still my favorite because Latria.
>>
>>336780860
bait

DaS2 is the worst
>>
>>336782038
>World is almost one single path with dead end branching paths at semi-regular intervals.

Is this true, I remember many areas looping in on themselves with shortcuts.
>High Wall of Lothric
>Undead Settlement
>Cathedral of the Deep
>Farron Keep (no shorcuts but not a single path)
>Irithyll
>Lothric Castle/Grand Archives
>>
File: a7nRER3.jpg (36 KB, 500x491) Image search: [Google]
a7nRER3.jpg
36 KB, 500x491
>>336782608
I don't need comfy in a Souls game, i want to punished for even using a safe place, the game meant to kill me not let me sleep in its bed
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.