[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scholar of the first sin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: Lucatiel_face.png (811 KB, 755x668) Image search: [Google]
Lucatiel_face.png
811 KB, 755x668
I've noticed alot of the changes are more entertaining and small things like enemy placement tell a story. Heide knights actually at the tower of flame, vikings in Wharf appear to be transfering people to the prison, new enemy types are teased towards the end of a level connecting to the prison both at the crow and wharf, summon ai's and invaders emote and pretend to be players while not killing themselves. Does it keep getting better? I hated the original dark souls 2 release but I am actually surprised at these little changes.
>>
>>336746812
Most folks agree Scholar is a nice improvement. If you haven't played the DLC, you'll overall really really like Scholar.
>>
File: smug loli.jpg (160 KB, 734x734) Image search: [Google]
smug loli.jpg
160 KB, 734x734
Fume Knight is literally the best Boss in the 3 souls
>>
>we're all curse, from the moment we are born
;_;
>>
I hated dark souls 2 and thought 2 sotfs was still a mediocre dark souls game but it's worth playing the DLCs. I really liked the puzzle one
>>
>>336746812
Wait until dragon shrine, turns into muh honable dual. They also fixed shrine of amana's bullshit.
>>
>>336746812
The undead carriage in the middle of the castle makes no fucking cense.
>>
>>336747127
>the 3 souls
>3
>>
>>336747328

this. the change to dragon shrine was pretty cool when i first got to dragon shrine i looked up the stairs remembering how bullshit the drakekeepers were and got immediately pissed to see the dragon armor guys added to make it even worse. i instantly got my bow out and started shooting the dragon guys and killed them first thing every time i respawned. it wasn't til i went on /dsg/ to complain about how bullshit the changes to the area were that i found out the truth
>>
>>336747003
I am glad to hear that if its true, already im noticing enemy placement is much better and parrying no longer needs me to sit around waiting for them to fall over which i love.
>>336747140
I was very fucking dissapointed in the original release I loved the smelter fight and hated that the final boss for the area was easier then a side boss. How could such a thing have been allowed?
>>336747589
Very little of the game made sense if i remember correctly they had elephant knights to combat the invading horde of giants but chose not to use them for some reason. Never mind the fact that each area felt like it was part of a different timeline
>>
>>336748079
>loved the smelly fight

Good taste. That's the only boss I really liked in the original game. You will like the DLC. Just a tip though the online is pretty much dead
>>
>>336747874
>Attacking everything you come into combat with
Scrub, bet you ganked the npc lance faggot in ivory king too. I sure fucking did, I will not forgive him for his old iron king invasion bullshit.
>>
>>336748309
I live on a farm these days so online is not even an option for me sadly it shoots me directly into offline mode. Wouldn't matter anyway if soulmemory is still a thing
>>
>>336748309
>Just a tip though the online is pretty much dead
Pretty much, I just replayed scholar yesterday/today. I saw about 5 summon signs, got invaded once in prison bell tower and that was it all game including rats/bells. Every boss have npc summons to help though so eh.
>>
>>336748478
Word of warning, each of the DLCs has an area that was designed with co-op in mind. They're extremely difficult for the amount of enemies they have, so don't feel too bad if you don't want to do them. That said, they are doable solo.
>>
>>336748309
I'm playing through for the first time.
Online's not dead, I'm in the DLC areas and there is still summoning
However, I noticed you can easily over-level in the early sections of the game
Most people playing DS2 are experienced with many areas, so they tend to progress with very low soul levels
I noticed after doing many early level summons and losing 60k souls I couldn't summon anyone for the huntsman's copse
Had to equip the agape ring for awhile before I started getting company again
So keep an eye on your soul memory and only spend them on increasing your stats whenever you can
>>
Aldia is probably the best NPC in the entire Souls series. Dark Souls 2's story was really good, characters like Vendrick are amazing, especially when you get to talk to him in the DLC.

I forgot what it's like to see rational people discuss SoTFS instead of LMAO B TEAM!!!!!!!!!
>>
I have the ps3 version which for some reason doesn't have heide Knights at the tower of flame? And yes it's the sotfs.
>>
>>336749338
Aldia was the mad scientist who played with the giants soul right? He and Vendrick become npcs?
>>
>>336749487
Perhaps it was patched in? There are quite a few and if you approach the the direction of the drake they have a few hostile ones instead of the lazy ones who sit.
>>
>>336749574

Aldia IS the Scholar of the First Sin.

He shows up a bunch in SoTFS and talks to you, and is a very disappointing final boss.

You use the Ashen Mist Heart to talk to Vendrick as part of the DLC "Quest".
>>
File: aMo48Fk.png (240 KB, 262x490) Image search: [Google]
aMo48Fk.png
240 KB, 262x490
>>336746812
I love how they placed Armorer Dennis in the forest of fallen giants. Such a fitting location for Dennis. What do you think his story is? Is he a time traveler?
>>
the npcs are great in ds2, and have developing dialogue.
Armourer in majula
King vendrick
Aldia
Vengarls was pure bro
That one Scottish dude was cool.

The small changes are great as well, as soon as you get the Kings ring, all the petrified enemies in drangleic castle with not spawn
>>
>>336749487
the ps3 version does not have the new enemy placement
>>
>>336749574
OP gid outta here you gon' get spoiled.

>>336749338
While I liked Vendrick's addition as an NPC, I felt like it was a bit superfluous and downright dumb. He gives some tidbits on the Sunken King, Old Iron King, and Ivory King but just vague shit like Shalquoir.

And that shit with the crowns was fucking idiotic. Shanalotte states that Vendrick peered into the essence of the soul to circumvent the curse, but now it's about crowns? What kinda shit is that? Why are crowns special? How does getting all the crowns together make you immune to the curse? If you fuck another human with the crown on does your child become immune to the curse? It's stupid.

Aldia was cool though. Really hit home how hopeless it all is.
>>
>>336749487
PS360 versions of SotFS are just vanilla DaS 2 with the DLC on-disk.
>>
How is SotFS? I never played it, but I played 2 vanilla. Now that I'm done with DaSIII is it worth going back to?
>>
File: 20160506205422_1.jpg (199 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160506205422_1.jpg
199 KB, 1920x1080
Another thing I don't remember being in the ps3 vanilla game. Also Gavlan being moved into the vikings bar scared me shitless but it makes me happy because it fits his character
>>
>>336749819

He's a twinked out mage build trying to gank your ass. In fact, most new NPC invasions in SoTFS are twinked to a degree.
>>
>>336750032
Nah that cutscene was in the vanilla.

>>336749958
If you 20 bucks to kill and didn't play the DLC go for it.
>>
File: 1444789598178.png (219 KB, 468x423) Image search: [Google]
1444789598178.png
219 KB, 468x423
>>336746812
Doesn't change the fact that it was a hideous cashgrab and completely burned me out of the series, to the point where no amount of blind praise will get me to buy DaS3 before Scholar of the Second Sin comes around.

The kind of thing you just can't let a publisher get away with.

There was already support for DX11 on PC when the game came out. More summons/invaders was a simple matter of better netcode, because the hardware was already there too. Enemy placement, enhanced textures, another boss fight that fixes your fucked up storyline into something just slightly less fucked, these should all have been a free patch, because that's what it is, patchwork fixes to make the game slightly less retarded.

The discount for previous owners was the final middle finger. Instead of paying full price for a product you already fucking paid for, you idiots that bought at release and got the DLC cuz we were too lazy to make a good game on the first try get to pay half of it. Aren't you happy now that you've already spent like $80? You get to spend another 30!

Fuck Bamco. Come back when the enhanced edition with all DLC and better graphics comes out, so I can have the pleasure of not buying into your scams again.
>>
>>336749835

>Have the King's Ring equipped and the statues won't wake up
>Spiders are afraid of the torch and literally will not attack you if you have it out
>Hidden Hollows and Moths all over the place that you're supposed to find by them casting a shadow
>Getting EZ chunks by killing invading Bellbongs

The minor changes in SoTFS were the best
>>
>>336749717

Would've had to be recently then. I beat the game and dlc earlier this year and there were only ever giants at tower of flame. Also melentia never once had a fragrant branch for sale so I was never able to do the shaded woods until I got the one from the poison quarry place.
>>
>>336749958
They changed gameplay abit
>parry, attack and you get a standing riposte or let them sit and get the classic vanilla
>weapons faster
>enemy placement smarter
But they still wont tell me why the lost sinner did and its going to make me split my skull with curiosity all over again. I just want to lock her up in a giant prison and waterboard her over and over until she tells me what she did to deserve a never ending time out
>>
>>336750158
You're right about everything but unfortunately Bamco got away with it, and will get away with re-releasing DSIII with all its DLC sometime next year. From Software are the only guys making these games at this quality so Bamco can get away with it.
>>
>>336747127
I hate that he's a damage sponge. So many bosses in 2 were damage sponges.
>>
>>336750317

I mean I know you already said you were playing SoTFS and I can't really argue with that.

But you weren't playing SoTFS.
>>
>>336750317
They got one sitting at the entrance, another by the first stone giant, another next to the boss (it takes place of the red invader near that chest), and two or three charging from where ornstein used to be and they hostile from the get go.
>>
File: SotFS_Aldia.jpg (2 MB, 1540x898) Image search: [Google]
SotFS_Aldia.jpg
2 MB, 1540x898
>>336749574
Yeah. They're actually two of the best of the series.
Other NPCs are either harrowed down and worn out by the curse and usually end up hollowing, or they don't care at all, like Logan.

Aldia and Vendrick are both very aware of what the undead curse is and what consequences it holds, and are both trying to do something about it. Except Vendrick is trying to cure it while Aldia is this strange figure whose advice is more less "linking the flame is bullshit, figure something else out." He felt more neutral than Dark, though.

Also, Aldia first appears when you try to light the bonfire after the third lord soul boss or whatever you kill. SotFS was my first DaS2 experience and that bonfire was at the Iron Keep, so I shit my pants thinking it was a second boss or something.

I did like DaS2's overall tone because it really fleshed out what the curse was like. It was always present in DaS1, but it wasn't dynamic such that you really felt despair at being undead.
>>
>>336750516
It's better than the health on the paper thin bosses from 3, and if you dont like damage sponges, DON'T play boodborne.
>>
>>336750516

>Meanwhile half the bosses in 3 have a second phase that fully resets their HP
>Everyone shitting themselves over Nameless King OMG BEST BOSS EVER! when he's the fucking definition of a damage sponge
>>
File: zzJAftE.jpg (84 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
zzJAftE.jpg
84 KB, 540x960
>>336747127
>Hasn't played Demon Souls
>>
>>336750740
>Aldia is this strange figure whose advice is more less "linking the flame is bullshit, figure something else out." He felt more neutral than Dark, though.

Well when you walk away from the Throne Of Want, Aldia gives a speech akin to "the cycles are inevitable and it fucking sucks that that's a thing." He escaped the cycles by becoming this godlike...thing, but he can't save anyone else it seems.
>>
>>336747127
I liked Fume Knight, but I also liked Nameless King and Moon Presence a lot too.

Plus, 2 had Smelter Demon, which is my least favorite boss in any game.
>>
Does any of this mean shit in DaS3?
>>
>>336747127
His first phase is GOAT. I'm pretty sure he has like 12 moves which he can combine at will in any way. His second form is rather lacklustre but it leaves you tense for the possibility of being one shot by any move
>>
>>336751360
So far not really, unless the scholar that is mentioned in prince lothrics gear is Aldia
>>
>>336751360

Nope, DaS3 is a full frontal assault of Miyazaki jerking off Dark Souls 1 while pissing all over Dark Souls 2 because le b team meme, even going as far as to cut a metric fuckton of amazing features Dark Souls 2 brought to the table.
>>
SotFS has miserably bad changes to enemy placement (Heide Knights all over the Tower of Flame, for example) and is actually more of a slog to get through than the original release. The new end boss and ending are shit, as is everything in each DLC. An achievement in mediocrity.
>>
>>336751360
The thrones for the Lords of Cinder are thrones of want.
>>
>>336751360
Only thing I've seen hinted at is that a "Scholar" was the reason behind why Lorian & Lothric chose to not relight the first flame. If that doesn't sound like Aldia's fuckery I don't know what does.
>>336751725
This right here though, that could go places.
>>
>>336751658

>SotFS has miserably bad changes to enemy placement

Ok yeah it's bad in some areas I suppose

(Heide Knights all over the Tower of Flame, for example)

Citing the best example of GOOD new enemy placement, durr why are all these Heide Knights in Heide's Tower????

>The new end boss and ending are shit, as is everything in each DLC

Aldia as an End Boss is terrible, the new ending is great and Dark Souls 2 DLC is fucking amazing.

This post was an achievement in mediocrity.
>>
>>336751594
>amazing features

Name them, because the feature most prominent in my mind was the one where my weapon degraded twice as fast because of my framerate.
>>
>>336751658
The Heide Knights sleep till you kill one of the bosses, then they wander around. They are exceptionally easy this time and don't pose a threat when you come back to kill the second boss of the area after levelling uo, Old dragon slayer.
>>
Am I the only one returning to DaS2 after DaS3? I did not get the same level of enjoyment out of DaS3 as I did with DaS1, 2 and BB.

PvP is just a boring spam R1 fest (I had to deliberately cripple myself in order to feel challenged), not to mention that armor and weapon diversity feels worse than BB somehow.
>>
File: SotFS_Shanalotte.jpg (1 MB, 1630x778) Image search: [Google]
SotFS_Shanalotte.jpg
1 MB, 1630x778
I have one last question for you anons. Do we learn anything at all about this most frustrating creature? I remember people trying to throw together a very vague idea that she was a Priscilla like experiment by mad scientist Aldia.
>BEAR
>SEAK
>LES
>>
>>336751725
Huh? I can't really wrap my head around this
>>
>>336751594
It's kind of a shame that some decent gameplay improvements, like being able to get invaded after finishing an area and powerstancing, got thrown out with everything else about DaS2. Most of it belonged in the trash but there were some pretty nice quality of life improvements that were lost.

>>336751950
>Let's put a ton of these enemies with 1000hp and ridiculous movesets that were meant to be analogous to Black Knights in terms of difficulty and rarity in the second area in the game because their name is the same without making any changes to them whatsoever?

Nah, get fucked.

Also, the DLC is shit. It is exactly as bad as the original game - even worse since each DLC follows the exact same formula, which is noticeable even on a first playthrough.
>>
>>336752026
no, but there is some speculation that she is a shard of manus like the queens
since you are the next king, she is to be your queen, and you've been feeding her souls this whole time in exchange for power
but both theories are inconclusive at this point
>>
>>336751968

Oh boy.

>Powerstancing
>Weapons working in the left hand
>Being able to infuse and buff boss/twinkling weapons
>Poise actually working and not being totally retarded like DaS1
>Blue eye orbs and sin
>Split damage being good
>Pure PvE covenants
>Small white soapstones
>Being able to be invaded after killing an area boss
>Bonfire Ascetics
>Ratbro covenant

Just a few.

>>336752295

>DLC is shit
>Has Fume Knight, Sir Alonne and BiK, some of the best fights in the series

Come on now anon.
>>
>>336752017
Something I realized a while ago is that DSII has a very "video game" feel to it. Let me elaborate: I've been playing the original Castlevania for the last few days, having a good time. The levels of Castlevania are made to LOOK like you're in a castle, or a basement, etc. but they aren't actually. That's exactly how I feel about DSII, locations that look like castles, but are purely designed with video game in mind. Contrasting DSIII, DaS1, and even DeS' design philosophies.

But I'm more than okay with that. I often find myself going back to DSII more BECAUSE of how video gamey it feels.
>>
>>336752026
Shanalotte was just weird and felt liek a really unfinished character arc. I can't tell if they were trying to push the "child of dragons" thing more, or the "failed fire keeper" thing instead. Either way she didn't really have anything interesting going for her. Unless you believe Vaati's headcanon.
>>
File: Fuck me.jpg (162 KB, 720x702) Image search: [Google]
Fuck me.jpg
162 KB, 720x702
Damn you A-Team
>Powerstancing gone
>invasions in areas you've beat gone
>arenas gone
>Dorkmoons still fucking don't work
>>
>>336752295
only a handful of the heide knights are actually hostile though and its not like they are hard to fight they have that one instant dodge stab attack but everything else is just ez parrying.
>>
>>336752510
They're all boring dudes in armor with the same moveset as the dudes in armor from the base game. They aren't aggressive, they all have the same 3-4 hit combo, they all have the same gap closer. Did we play the same game?
>>
>>336751031
Yeah, but...
>Demon's Souls
>good bosses
I mean, it had good designs, but the fights themselves were just... okay, really.
>>
>>336752510
>Poise actually working and not being totally retarded like DaS1

not him but the poise stat actually doesnt affect anything in ds3
>>
>>336752510
>DaS2
>Poise """working"""
>Cracked orbs only
>Farming required for almost everything

Other stuff is ok
>>
>>336752537
>Shanalotte was just weird

Surprisingly, she is the most normal looking "child of dragons" in DS series.
>>
>>336752745
oops I read that wrong my bad :^(
>>
>>336752026
I just felt bad for Shanalotte
It felt like she was bored being in her own videogame
Every time I wanted to level she was thinking "oh boy, this idiot has returned. Better recite these lines and wave my feather so he won't bother me for some time."
>>
>>336752430
>>336752537
Man I just wanted to throw her off that damn cliff all day everyday and then she starts teleporting about talking to me and making me increasingly want to choke her out. But you don't do it because you think to yourself she has to have some small detail some tiny little thing that my imagination can run with and create a story. But she is just some out of place woman staring at the ocean with a music box playing in the background making me want to fall asleep in her lap.
>>
>>336752608

>Dudes in armor meme

At least we know where you stand now.

>Fume Knight having the same 3-4 hit combo
>Fume Knight not aggressive

yeah ok, the boss that actively seeks out and tries to punish estus chugging isn't aggressive.

>>336752745

Yeah, it worked in DaS2, albeit differently from DaS1. It's literally disabled in DaS3.

>>336752760

Poise DID work in DaS2. It's ridiculously apparent if you use the fucking stone ring.

It just wasn't completely overpowered like it was in DaS1.
>>
>>336752026
>DaS2 Child of dragons = Shanalotte
>DaS3 Child of Dragons = Ocelotte

Don't know if it's a coincident or not, but I'd like to think it's more than that.
>>
>>336753035
Every boss in the entire series tries to actively seek out and punish estus chugging. Black phantom invaders do it and regular enemies do it. It isn't new and it doesn't make Fume Knight aggressive. As if you could even get hit when he's so fucking slow and predictable, telegraphing attacks from a mile away like every single other boss in the game. It's a test of patience because he has a big health bar. Get a fucking grip, he isn't even the best fight in DaS2 never mind one of the best in the series.
>>
>>336746812
>yfw DS3 gave Lucatiel a good end
;_;
>>
>>336752532
Yess, it has this different feel to it from other souls games.

The animations in it are probably my favorite in the series, pretty sure it's the only one that's mo-capped.
>>
>>336753393
She is in ds3 similar to onion bro? Did she actually use humanity instead of giving it away all day like a dummy
>>
File: 1461993326637.png (502 KB, 659x1210) Image search: [Google]
1461993326637.png
502 KB, 659x1210
>>336753393
It did? Is it written on her armour description or something? Can't remember finding anything specific about her.
>>
>>336752430
>no, but there is some speculation that she is a shard of manus like the queens

She's a firekeeper, so yes.
>>
File: 1456897019403.jpg (91 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1456897019403.jpg
91 KB, 604x604
Can someone explain the lore behind the Cursewood Tree thing? Also I believe it has something to do with Lucietiel as it hides the Mound Makers shit, which if you give the vertabrae shackle to picklepee, they give Luciteils mask, and the mirrah set is in the area, and the soul can make her sword.
>>
>>336753679
Hold up my nigga when you say shes a shard of manus do you mean it in the way that all of humanity is a part of the pygmy or do are we talking about the queen of disappointing boss fights level of shard?
>>
File: 1461777102186.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1461777102186.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
>>336753792

Lucatiel was sacrificed to the tree.
>>
File: Hotdogs.png (917 KB, 986x873) Image search: [Google]
Hotdogs.png
917 KB, 986x873
>>336753792
Exact opposite of this photo.
>>
>>336753792
all your answers and more will be revealed if you pump my rump with your pickle pee
>>
>>336753393
>>336753605
I thought it was the opposite? Her Mask specifically says something about her begging someone to remember her which iirc only happens in her bad end
>>
>>336754056
oh i'll remember her alright i'll remember her being a dumbass who couldn't ever get across that bridge to fight the lost sinner. Never have I felt such a strong desire to carry a woman like a princess but in the most hateful way. I can only imagine this is what its like to be a father
>>
File: tumblr_o6pwpyxirT1uy4xxuo1_540.jpg (39 KB, 540x386) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6pwpyxirT1uy4xxuo1_540.jpg
39 KB, 540x386
>>336753792
Best cat.
>>
>>336754056
Lucatiel doesn't necessarily have a "good end" for her quest. The only difference in the end of er quest is if you meet the requirements, she's slightly less mopy and gifts you her weapons and armour. I mean, if you want to get all meta then you can say she technically does get a good end anyway, as the player themself ends up remembering her between games, but I don't know if From would go that deep for a character like her.
>>
>>336752510
>powerstancing
One could argue that weapon arts is a replacement, but maybe

>weapons working in the left hand
There's a weapon specifically for being used in the left hand.

>infusing/buffing boss weapons
Yep

>poise working, unlike DaS1
Poise in those two games don't work for completely different reasons. As of now, poise is still in DaS3, but it's turned off for some reason.

>blue eye orbs and sin
Blue eye orbs are out, but sin is still a thing, along with the Blue Sentinels

>split damage
I'm having a lot of fun with a Divine Straight Sword, and I don't have any complains about damage.

>pure pve covenants
Agreed, wtf

>small white soapstones
I guess, but they had little use in DaS2 that wasn't dictated by Soul Memory

>being able to be invaded after defeating area boss
I don't know why this was taken out, but you still can be through summon signs, and indeed, the biggest PVP hotspot in DaS3 is immediately after an area boss.

>ascetics
Yes, but I personally don't miss them.

>ratbros
I played through 2 three times, and I never encountered a single Grey Phantom.

TL;DR: you're right and wrong
>>
>>336753792

Shamelessly ripping off the good shit from DaS2 without needing to directly have it in game. That's all.

>Mfw DLC will be more DaS1 fanwanking instead of seeing just what the Bearer of the Curse got up to after LITERALLY SURPASSING THE CURSE OF UNDEATH
>>
>>336753942
yes
>>
>>336754056
>>336753605
>>336753554
Her item description says that she fought desperately to get someone to remember her even after she loses herself.

You can find her mask which is directly named Lucatiels mask, one of the few items with a nane attached to it, implying ds2 guy remembered her and passed down hee story across the ages.
>>
>>336754450
>implying that it's a bad thing that the sequel disregards literal fanfiction and only includes nods to the parts of the story that didn't take a shit on the established lore
>>
File: 1429223858564.gif (2 MB, 350x190) Image search: [Google]
1429223858564.gif
2 MB, 350x190
>>336754630
>her mask is directly named Lucatiels mask
>implying ds2 guy remembered her and passed down hee story across the ages

Good on the bastard, I didn't protect her from Smelter Demon for nothing.
>>
>>336754423

Poise is flat out disabled in DaS3. It worked in DaS2, although very differently from DaS1 and in a way that wasn't totally overpowered like DaS1.

Sin isn't in DaS3, and the Blue Sentinels/Dorkmoons flat out don't work 99% of the time.

Split damage is trash in DaS3 because it has to go through Flat Damage Reduction twice and Damage Absorption Twice.

Small white soapstones were usable even when there was no boss to kill, they had their use.

Ratbros would kidnap you the second you stepped into designated rat streets on launch, and even frequently enough during SoTFS lifespan.
>>
File: AVERAGE.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AVERAGE.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
>>336754630
Immortal Joe will remember her
>>
>>336754423

>Agree with him on every point.

>Y-your wrong.

Pathetic, mate. What was the point of this post?

>There's a weapon specifically for being used in the left hand.
One weapon does not excuse that you could dual wield _any_ weapon in DS2.

>Blue eye orbs are out, but sin is still a thing,
This is flatout wrong. Sin does not exist in DS3, Velka just resets NPC aggro.

>I'm having a lot of fun with a Divine Straight Sword, and I don't have any complains about damage.
Because it's a straight sword, mate.
>>
>>336755701
>Sin does not exist in DS3, Velka just resets NPC aggro.
How do you think they're keeping track of whether the player can reset aggro or not? Just modify it so invading also flags that same variable and you have a sin system.
>>
>>336755112

>Blue Sentinels

I'm still mad that From didn't decide to merge Way of the Blue and Sentinels to create the Blue Brotherhood or some bullshit, among other stupid design decisions they've made in DaS3.
>>
>>336748725
Which areas? please respond.
>>
>>336755903
>Just modify it so invading also flags that same variable and you have a sin system.

Right, and they could program unicorns into the game and you'd have a unicorn system.

As it is now, sin as we know it from DS1/2 does not exist.
>>
>>336756115

Frigid Outskirts, Iron Passage, Memory of the Old Iron King (Should be done solo though to enjoy Sir Alonne though) and Cave of the Dead
>>
>>336756115

Thunderhorse Valley, Ganksquad Cave, and Smelter Demon 2: Magic Boogaloo.
>>
>>336751027
Mayeb if you never upgraded your weapon. He;'s not a damage sponge.
>>
>>336756181
Unless I am massively overestimating how fucked From's development pipeline is it would literally be less than an hour of work to make this change and add a blue eye orb item in a patch.
>>
>>336752510
>Ratbros
>everytime they are standing in the entrance and don't bother try to be dungeonmaster
That covenant fucking sucked, bro. The only good covenants were Pilgrims and Bellbros. Everything else felt straight up bullshit or boring.
>>
>>336747003
Dark Souls 2 was fine, not great but not terrible either. SotFS didn't do enough new things to justify a re-release, and a lot of the new shit made it worse than the original. There's even more fucking enemies now, and the weapon durability is as low as ever, I've never had to switch weapons as often in the process of clearing a level. Walking through areas is tedious as hell, everything takes forever because they somehow thought it would make the game feel more alive to just double the number of fucking enemies.
>>
>>336751360
They put Alva and a dead Ladderman in the game. They also put vendricks armor and mirrahs sword
>>
>>336756384

If a feature was removed, you can't say that it wasn't removed because they can patch it in later, you daft cunt.
>>
>>336756579
>Vendrick's armor
WHERE?!
>>
>>336749915
About the crowns, I thought of it as an allegory of the virtues those kings had.
Sunken King: Faith
Iron King: Strength/Will
Ivory King: Love
Vendrick: Vision
As long as you bear those virtues (these respective kings had extremely vivid and powerful virtues of each), you will never fear the curse.
Of course, that's my own personal fanwank so it's as shoddy as it gets.
>>
>>336756579
Cathedral of the deep next to the second giant you find
>>
File: 9b5.jpg (54 KB, 480x700) Image search: [Google]
9b5.jpg
54 KB, 480x700
>tfw Pursuer was completely wasted potential
This hurts me since he had such a good design, a cursed knight hunting down rogue hollows to attone for his sins, getting his Ultra Greatsword and Shield was great.
I hope they bring him back in the DLC, maybe make him actually chase you through a gauntlet/labrinth
>>
File: 2015-06-16_00001.jpg (218 KB, 1360x1024) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-16_00001.jpg
218 KB, 1360x1024
>>336753792
time to post the best cat
>>
File: santa cats.png (363 KB, 465x497) Image search: [Google]
santa cats.png
363 KB, 465x497
>>336754368
do not sexualise the kot
>>
>>336756805

Pursuer relentlessly, obnoxiously chases you through Bastille in SoTFS.

You can't open a fucking door without that cheeky cunt hiding behind it.
>>
>>336756792
>>336756672
Meant 4u
>>
File: 2015-06-18_00001.jpg (175 KB, 1360x1024) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-18_00001.jpg
175 KB, 1360x1024
>>336756810
>>
>>336752608
>dudes in armor
You're a dude in armor in the game, does that make you boring?
>>
>>336756650
It was most likely removed because every single one of these fucking games has a shitload of cut content that they don't finish in time for release. Especially so for Bamco and their brutal release schedules. You can't tell me that the fact that the Sentinels and Darkmoon both exist in game and are functionally identical doesn't scream cut or unfinished content. If they weren't at least planning on sin-based invasions the Darkmoon wouldn't be in the game at all because there's literally no other reason for them to exist concurrently with the Sentinels.
>>
>>336756792

That's not Vendrick's Armor, that's Llewyn Armor.

Completely different.
>>
File: 2015-06-16_00003.jpg (215 KB, 1360x1024) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-16_00003.jpg
215 KB, 1360x1024
>>336756916
>>
>>336756908
Literally only seen him pop up twice in Bastille.
>>
>>336756909
Oh, you mean Wellager's.
>>
>>336756983

Fantastic; sin was still removed, contrary to what you said.
>>
File: 2015-06-16_00004.jpg (216 KB, 1360x1024) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-16_00004.jpg
216 KB, 1360x1024
>>336757003
>>
>>336756983
>Especially so for Bamco and their brutal release schedules

Goddamn I am so glad DSIII and the upcoming DLC (that even hurt to write) is the last we'll see of From Software published games.
>>
File: 2015-06-16_00008.jpg (215 KB, 1360x1024) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-16_00008.jpg
215 KB, 1360x1024
>>336757119
last one. ds3 needs more cats in the dlcs
>>
>>336757005

There are at least 4 times he attacks you in Bastille.

Once in the servants quarters just before Bellschwitz.

Once in the open courtyard with the dogs and the archers on the wooden towers.

Once where the Bracing Knuckle Ring is.

Once where the chest right after you land from FoTFG.

I think that's them all, but I might have missed one.
>>
>>336752608
>solaire
>dude in armour
>siegX
>dude in armour
>crestfallen
>dude in armour
>ornstein and smough
>dude and dude in armour and armour
>gwyn
>dude in armour
>paladin leeroy
>dude in armour
>literally any humanoid enemy in the entire series
>dude in armour
>chosen undead
>dude in armour

its almost as if the series is alternate tolkien/medieval dark fantasy wherein dudes wore armour for combat and ceremonial purposes, and that they can be interesting characters with unique movesets, traits, and abilities
>>
>>336757210
Apart from Lost Bastille, you have
Next to the coffin in Things Betwixt. lmao2pursuer in the throne room of Drangleic Castle (in NG+)
>>
File: 1433916592367.png (525 KB, 1040x1040) Image search: [Google]
1433916592367.png
525 KB, 1040x1040
>>336752608
>dudes in armor
>boring
It's as if you had no taste.
>>
>>336757117
Do you have any evidence that it's not a hidden stat? The only thing we know is that invading with it isn't in the game. Velka's statue claims to offer absolution of sin, wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was being tracked behind the scenes.

>>336757135
I'm 100% in agreement. Namco has ruined the potential each one of these games in their own way, it's a testament to the quality of the series that their constant greedy meddling has still left us with such a great series of games.
>>
>>336757407

And the Smelter boss room.
>>
>>336757119

I'm disappointed this smug cat wasn't in DaS3 or at the very least, hinted at all.
>>
>>336746812
I've started playing through this game for the first time.

Why does everything feel so bad in this game?

Attacking feels choppy

Parrying is too unpredictable

blocking only works for a few shields

and rolling doesn't work most of the time
>>
>>336753942
Humanity is fragments of Manus. Firekeepers are a draw for infinite humanity. If a fire keeper didn't burn off excess humanity, like if say, all the old ones retired and didn't bother getting replacements, what would happen?
>>
>>336757496
>Do you have any evidence that it's not a hidden stat? The only thing we know is that invading with it isn't in the game. Velka's statue claims to offer absolution of sin, wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was being tracked behind the scenes.

That's like claiming DS1/2 style poise is in the game still because the code is there but turned off. Don't be stupid.
>>
>>336757286
>>336757489
Armor isn't the root of the problem, it's that most bosses in DaS2 fitting that archetype all have the same moveset and have uninspired visual design to boot. Perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully.
>>
>>336757496

>Do you have any evidence that it's not a hidden stat?

Jesus fucking Christ man, are you even reading these posts before you type them? Do you have any idea how retarded you sound?

DO YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE SIN SECRETLY ISN'T IN DAS3?

DO YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE THAT OVERWATCH CHARACTERS AREN'T ACTUALLY THE DAS3 BOSSES?

DO YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE THAT MIYAZAKI ISN'T A TECHNOPUNK TIME TRAVELLING ROBOT MINOTAUR?

DO YOU??????
>>
>>336757524
Because it's not a happy game.
You're using a chopping weapon.
Acquire talent.
Check the damage reduction and stability.
Are you sure it's not just you lacking good timing on your rolls and blaming the game for your lack of skill?
>>
>>336757517

DS3 Cat DLC when?
>>
>>336757734
>dark souls is le hard game

fuck off I know there's something off about this in comparison to the first one

and i want it be actually be fun
>>
>>336757517
She's hinted at in the Silvercat ring.

Also, the crabs have the faces of the forest cats.
>>
>>336757524

>and rolling doesn't work most of the time

Either get good, or put points into the pussy ADP stat until you have 96 agility to match DS1.

The problems with ADP were blown vastly out of proportion and there's really only minor things wrong with it.
>>
>>336757706
Yeah, it's so outlandish to speculate that the sin system, which has been in every game in the series and has a dedicated NPC for absolution, might still be in the game, and that the blue eye orb's absence is the only real difference.

>>336757673
It's not really like that because there's something clearly working about the system. If you aggro an NPC, then go to the statue, you can request absolution. How does that not constitute the exact same system as from the previous games?
>>
>>336757679
I'll give you that most bosses like the Dragonrider/Ruin Sentinels (polearm/pavise knights) have that back-and-forth horizontal slash followed by a vertical slam, but to be honest I didn't mind.
As for uninspired design of the knight-type bosses, I think they were for the most part very appealing, but that because I'm in love with anything related to full plate armor.
So I guess it's a matter of preferences.
>>
>>336746812

I love how this cunt is all like "I'm forgetting everything poor me oh no this cures look at my face" meanwhile your a freaking zombie
>>
>>336757706
>Miyazaki is a technopunk time traveeling robot minotaur

I am officialy jealous.
>>
>>336750158
>Whiny PC faggot
Fromsoft and Bamco don't care about you. You're just a cash cow. You should have realized that only consoles get real attention when it comes to Souls. SotFS was mostly just an excuse to port to Next Gen.
>>
>>336750827
It's not, actually. Intense boss battles are better when you're actually doing damage to them instead of chipping their health for a half hour.
>>
>>336758024
>If you aggro an NPC, then go to the statue, you can request absolution. How does that not constitute the exact same system as from the previous games?

You must be fucking with me, because NPC aggro was always a completely separate system from sin. The "sin" removing characters never removed the sin stat, they only reset NPC aggro. This has not changed at all across the three games.

Sin as used by the blue invaders was a separate thing that does not exist in DS3 no matter how much you whine.
>>
>>336752026
There's nothing vague about it. She confirmed who made her and that she failed to accomplish her goal.
>>
>>336751027
>everyone blaming b-team and DS2 for multiple enemies and infinite stamine enemies
>it's litterally perfect when DS3 does it

You can point a lot of those.
>>
>>336758304

You did accrue sin from killing NPCs in 2 though, maybe that's where this guy is getting confused.
>>
What was that ladder guy doing in Profaned Capital before he died?
>>
>>336758660

There are like 5 ladders used to move around the area right next to him.

What do you think.
>>
>>336758660

Set up some ladders and then died from sticking too many miniatures up his ass.
>>
>>336758304
>Sin as used by the blue invaders was a separate thing that does not exist in DS3 no matter how much you whine.
To be fair we have no way to know that. There's at least one mechanic left over from a previous game that no longer does anything but that's still there (Poise), so the same could very well be true of sin.
>>
>>336758660

Making ladders, you eejit! He was on the run!
>>
>>336752706
Demon's Souls bosses were more like puzzles, and I was actually relieved to fight a boss after an area.
>>
>>336758738
>>336758889
>>336758949
Do you think he's the one who dropped that Alonne greatbow off the bridge?
>>
>>336758928

The entire conversation and what that anon has repeatedly denied is whether or not sin was removed from DS3. Comparing it to poise only proves my point.
>>
>>336758928

There are no Blue Eye Orbs. DaS3 is on the bloodborne engine which is a modified DaS1 engine. Poise "exists" in DaS3 and probably "existed" in Bloodborne because it's a leftover from DaS1.

You're grasping at fucking straws just to what, get people to believe that maybe a mechanic that has literally no relevance to anything in the game whatsoever could possibly maybe perhaps be in the fucking game?

Christ man let it go you look like a fucking tool.
>>
>>336747127
The Maneaters, Flamelurker, False King, Penetrator, Ornstein and Smough, Gwyn, Artorias, Manus, Kalameet, Pursuer, Alonne, Velstadt, Throne Watcher & Defender, Darklurker, Sinh, Smelter, The Ivory King, Iudex Gundyr, Abyss Watchers, Pontiffy Sulyvahn, Dancer, Oceiros, Nameless King, John Cena, Dragonslayer Armor, Twin Princes, Soul of Cinder, Father Gaston, Logarius, Orphan, Maria, Ludwig, Gerhman, Wet Nurse, and Ebrietas were all better off the top of my head.
>>
>>336759310
I agree.
>>
>>336759232
>get people to believe that maybe a mechanic that has literally no relevance to anything in the game whatsoever could possibly maybe perhaps be in the fucking game?
Are we talking about poise or sin now? Because that's a 100% accurate description of poise. All I'm saying is if there are leftovers from DaS in DaS3, like poise, then sin might be in there as well. They obviously didn't bother getting rid of the now useless parts of the engine.
>>
File: 1380478307321.png (142 KB, 293x341) Image search: [Google]
1380478307321.png
142 KB, 293x341
>>336756805
>Can't get Pursuer Armor in 2
>Can't get Dragon Slayer Armor (boss version) in 3

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR
>>
Majula music makes me want to kill myself

Everything about the game just screams reddit
>>
>>336759557
>You will never have False King Allant's armour.
I just want Demon's Souls 2 specifically so I can make Allant.
>>
>>336757734
>Because it's not a happy game
You missed his point, he meant it's bad as in shit, not sad
>you're using a chopping weapon
o i am laffin m8 axes, swords and maces have no difference to how enemies react to it, except maybe maces stagger enemies slightly more. but not a very amazing difference. also he probably also meant that the attacking feels slow and clunky.
>Are you sure it's not just you lacking good timing on your rolls and blaming the game for your lack of skill?
no, he's blaming the game for putting a retarded attribute such as adaptability into the game
>>
>>336760080
>no, he's blaming the game for putting a retarded attribute such as adaptability into the game

ADP is fine outside of PvP (where knowing how many i-frames your opponent has is important), but you'll probably just respond with a blank post and a reaction image instead of an argument.
>>
>>336758020
You actually need ~114 agility to get the same iframes as DS1 actually. You only need 99 to dodge everything in the game though.
>>
>>336760448
I think that ADP in PvE is not very good either because if you have multiple stages the amount of i-frames changes, most people will have some trouble getting used to it over and over again.
>>
>>336760589

114 is ninja-flipping frames, 105 is fast roll, 96 is medium roll. You just need 3*ADP+1*ATT to be 64 to get DS1 style rolling, and you can opt for extra challenge by doing less.
>>
>>336760741

The only time your i-frames will go down is you start a new character or respec and by that point you should know what ADP is. I'm not saying it's a perfect implementation (the agility stat could have just shown how many i-frames you had) but it's not detrimental to the game and has some benefits (another way to boost your defense, a penalty for players who heavily rely on i-frames, and an optional challenge for low agility runs).
>>
>>336760969
It's not really an extra challenge, it just means you use more estus. There are attacks you can't dodge with sub-99 agility because most enemies have some lingering hitboxes that last longer than your iframes will.
>>
>>336761209
Nah, it's a shit stat, like vitality in 2 and 3 and resistance in 1.

At least luck has had weapons tied to it.
>>
>>336761212

I'll take your word for it that there exists attacks that cannot be blocked, sidestepped, or rolled through. I'm sure they exist somewhere, but that's not a problem with ADP but rather enemy design and hitboxes (namely, how your hitbox stays in place until your roll has finished which is bullshit).
>>
>>336761426

Those are shit stats because they're not worth leveling up. A common complaint of ADP is that you need to level it up. I think you are very confused and should repeat your post with an actual argument.
>>
>>336761635
Yeah it's more of an issue with enemy design, but it's something that should have been caught in playtesting.

I actually think Vitality is the bigger "shit stat" compared to ADP. ADP is dumb and makes the early game an annoying slog, but Vitality is just stupid. Having equip load on endurance made endurance too good, but having it as its own stat just gimps strength builds. It should be tied to strength.
>>
>>336751027
>>Everyone shitting themselves over Nameless King OMG BEST BOSS EVER! when he's the fucking definition of a damage sponge
He has a lot of hp, but gives you a lot of moments to do a free riposte, even in phase 1.
>>
>>336761805

Honestly armor has never really worked well. They give you tons of cool armor but in order to be optimal you have to have equip load leveled to a very narrow band (too low and you can't wear it, too high and there's better things to wear) and even within that band some armor is just plain better than others.

They need to just make light, medium, and heavy armor and have all armors within a class be roughly comparable.
>>
>>336761212
I saw a webm of someone dodging the ogre at the beginning. If you have sub-par agility, you need to dodge at the time of the attack, which may sound completely counter-intuitive.
>>
>>336754450
>DaS2 DLC all about collecting them crowns to cure the curse
>Wolnir's crown description is that he beat all the other lords and made their crowns into one

shit nigga I don't know
>>
>>336762979
Wolnir has nothing to do with DaS2. You should know better.
>>
>>336762345

Actually, additional idea. Remove the notion that all stats need to go from 0 to 99. Equip load being a separate stat isn't a problem, it's that you need too many points to wear anything decent. If you could wear Havel's at 20 points and putting more points into the stat just raised defense or stamina or whatever it would be fine.

It's better if leveling equip load doesn't lock you into a certain build.
>>
>>336754450
Yet Aldia is an incredibly major character in Dark Souls 3 along with nods to Eleum Loyce

basically everything from DS2 that wasn't garbage was included in DS3.

We'll probably get a DLC about what Aldia and the bear seek lest got up to after the end of DS2.
>>
>>336762979
Looks nothing like it. It's a similar story, but does it look like it cured the curse for him to you? Doesn't even have an effect like that when you wear it.
>>
File: 1454045989389.png (224 KB, 760x572) Image search: [Google]
1454045989389.png
224 KB, 760x572
>>336763318

>Yet Aldia is an incredibly major character in Dark Souls 3 along with nods to Eleum Loyce

Proof for both claims pls
>>
>>336763318
>Yet Aldia is an incredibly major character in Dark Souls 3
You what?
>>
>>336763509

Probably talking about how Aldia was possibly the scholar who caused Lothric to doubt linking the fire.
>>
>>336763509
He's the entire reason the fuccboi prince didn't link the fire which caused everything to go to shit.
>>
>>336763614
>>336763658

Lothric should know better than to take advice from talking bonfire monsters.
>>
>>336763773
Yeah, instead they take advice from rotting trees.
>>
what if bamco werent shit and actually gave tanimura and b team time to work on the game. imagine more areas like the dlc areas
>>
>>336763773

His mom left, his dad was crazy and wanted to be a dragon, his brother was left a retard after fighting a demon, and he was surrounded by idiots who thought Frampt was an angel. He probably couldn't have known better.
>>
>>336764001

Or creepy masked people.
>>
I never got why people hated DS2 but liked SOTFS.

They have the same mechanical problems. Bad movement, shit hitboxes, ugly, poor level design, enemies are mostly humanoid with no interesting moves, and moving through levels is tedious because of the high number of ganks. Many encounters just turn into kiting.

The DLC is better than the base game but that is not hard to accomplish. Definitely not worth playing through the base game for.
>>
>>336764829
Joke's on you, I liked both.
Good movement (that diagonal roll when locking on, goddamn), shit hitboxes, eh level design, enemies are mostly men because Age of Dark/humans rule the day etc. high number of ganks make for a challenge.
>>
>>336759310
>Gwyn
>Pursuer
>Throne Watcher and Defender
>ludex Gundyr
>Dragonslayer Armor
>Soul of Cinder

>anything but shit
>>
>>336765595
Someone's mad they got bodied
>>
>>336765651
those are all incredibly easy bosses.
Gwyn is pretty much a joke boss.
>>
>>336765686
>easy = shit
Lol, go play ninja gaiden you big tryhard
>>
>>336765686
Just like Raime then
>>
>>336765798
a boss that isn't fun or interesting is shit.
If it's way too easy it's going to be poor.

Gwyn and Soul of Cinder are the same shitty boss that gets killed before you see their moveset.
Pursuer just charges you, nothing to say about him.
Throne Watcher and Defender have nothing going on, the gimmick is that there's two, that's all.
ludex Gundyr is just DaS3's asylum demon.
Dragonslayer Armor is the easiest boss in the game if you don't include gimmicks like Wolnir and Wyvern, he's so slow it's weird that he's at the end of the game, plus it's the fucking 3rd game we've fough Ornstein.
>>
>>336764189
lorian wasn't crippled in the fight with the demon prince, he deliberate chose to share his brother's 'curse'
>>
The DLCs had reasonable difficulty on my pure strength two handing greatsword character. Then when I went to do them on a sorcerer character everything was absurdly resistant to magic. Even with 50 intelligence and the best staff in the game imbued with magic and fully upgraded it was nearly undoable without constantly eating amber herbs to replenish my casts. What the fuck was that shit about?
>>
>>336765994

Dragonslayer isn't Ornstein, he's just another of their order. He doesn't have the same armor, and he doesn't even use a spear.
>>
File: new1or0.jpg (73 KB, 1172x560) Image search: [Google]
new1or0.jpg
73 KB, 1172x560
>>336754316
>not just fighting the rotten 3 time in a row
>>
>>336766193
Dragonslayer armor is a husk of Ornstein just like the skeletal things that fly over his boss room are the husks of the moonlight butterflies.
>>
>>336766367
>Lucatiel slowly walks towards the lava and just fucking stands in it the whole fight.
LUCATIEL NO STOP EVERY TIME WITH YOU.
>>
>>336766367
>not the Flexile Sentry
>>
>>336766405

Which is why the Dragonslayer Armor looks completely different, has a different weapon, and is described in item descriptions as being different from Ornstein. Because he's clearly Ornstein.
>>
>>336766743
too easy for her to just fall off the docks on the way there, or get killed by the ninjas
>>
>>336756805
I really want to see Pursuer show up in DaS3 DLC with no lead-up or context. I just want it to come out of absolutely nowhere. Like, you're playing a completely non Drangleic-related DLC, and all of a sudden he just smashes through a wall, still chasing you across space and time.
>>
>>336767105
item descriptions aren't even written by the main writing staff, if you're looking for lore within them you're wasting your time.
>>
>>336766405
>husks of the moonlight butterflies
no
no no no
nooooooooooooo
they're fucking hollows that have been praying at like high wall and shit

LOOK AT THE TREES IN HIGH WALL
LOOK AT THE TREES BILLY
>>
>>336748428
If you don't he shows you where an item is, then when you pick it up he backstabs you
Moldron is the quintessential dick invader
>>
>>336749915
Vendrick gives you the ability to stave off the curse after you collect the crown. It's more about proving your virtue to him than unlocking some power from them.
It's why he's hollow in the present, because he lost the ability when he gave it to you
>>
File: Vengarl of Forossa.jpg (1 MB, 2120x1464) Image search: [Google]
Vengarl of Forossa.jpg
1 MB, 2120x1464
>>336746812
They did have one of the best NPCs to date though not to mention his gear being pretty damn good as well.
>tfw so taken by his story that I would honor him by wearing his armor and helmet having him with me in all my future battles.
>>
>>336750158

Oh please. ONE bad game and you give up on a series entirely?

The game was rushed and had no Miyazaki involvement. That's why it was bad. Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 are great.
>>
>>336764829
>moving through levels is tedious because of the high number of ganks

I feel like this is overblown a lot. You really only get this with a few areas like fofg/bastille, and the optional DLC co-op areas. Whereas I couldn't go anywhere in DaS 3 without being ambushed. Demon Ruins in particular was a level of awful/tedium I had not experienced since pre-patch Lost Izalith.
>>
>>336769121
2 had a lot of miya involvement. He was well on the way to making a fucking trainwreck before being kicked out and replaced. The top dogs refused to give them more time to finish it, which is why we got the jumbled mess we did.
It would be interesting to see what it was actually going to be, though
>>
>>336755458
>dat filename
>not MEDIOCRE

sometimes I wonder if you guys even watched the movie
>>
File: notevemamused.jpg (61 KB, 352x420) Image search: [Google]
notevemamused.jpg
61 KB, 352x420
>>336746812
>in the Frigid Outskirts now trying to get to the last of the kings pets
>tfw getting my shit pushed in by the fucking popsicle raindeers
I'm not even sure if I should continue on with this or just move on to the next DLC at this point because this shit is pissing me off.
>>
>>336759232
>bloodborne engine which is a modified DaS1 engine

Phyre engine have shit to do with Bloodborne engine anon.
Its outdated and have shitty optimization.

Bloodborne is SPECULATED to use Yebis engine.
>>
>>336769803
Just skip that optional area entirely anon.
>>
>>336769929
I've lost quite a bit to this area alone besides I just wanted to get the armor that was on the cover of DeS2 for collection purposes. Looks like I will have to come back to this area once I have gotten better by the sounds of it.
>>
>>336769725
>implying it wasn't LACKLUSTER
Like do you guys even know about Mad Malcolm fucking seriously.
>>
>>336763318
>the bear seek lest
Holy shit I spat my cereal on my keyboard
>>
File: I'dliketobearhercurse.jpg (2 MB, 2373x2159) Image search: [Google]
I'dliketobearhercurse.jpg
2 MB, 2373x2159
>>336770376
Please do not make fun of my wife anon
>>
>>336770550
>normal right eye
delet this
>>
>>336763614
>>336763658
Literally any evidence of this, please.

Take your head Canon elsewhere.
>>
>>336769694
Time travel shenanigans (which can still be felt in the patchwork level design, it feels as if they took levels here and there and stitched them up as best they could), loli shanalotte. On the top of my mind.
>>
>>336750429

I haven't played DaS2 in ages, but didn't the Lost Sinner try to recreate what the Witch Of Izalith did when she created all the demons to extend the First Flame?
>>
>>336769803
Summon Vengarl, let him tank the reindeers as you make a bee line for the fog gate. Release him with the black crystal, pop a brightbug, curbstomp the kitters. Voila, enjoy best greatsword.
>>
>>336770550
That's my wife's wife, anon.
>>
>>336752510
>Powerstancing
>Weapons working in the left hand
>Split damage being good
very true, I remember my first character where I powerstanced butcher knifes, it was fucking great
>>
>>336771878
>powerstancing mundane ladles
>the OP powerstanced caestuses
It was fun.
>>
>>336752510
WHERES MY POWER STANCED TRASH COMPACTOR SHIELDS MIYAZAKI?
>>
did those two scorpion people ever fuck?
>>
>>336772221
Wasn't it implied that they were already a couple? I thought it was that he stopped because she was getting to rough not to mention going a little insane in the process.
>>
>>336771695
>it feels as if they took levels here and there and stitched them up as best they could
Feels is an understatement.

3 feels exactly the same, there is just no elevator to the clouds moment.
>>
>>336749338
>>336750740
Completly agree and Aldia is not only interesting, but our only hope for a ''happy ending'' as well, meaning he is also pretty fucking important.
Dlc better have Aldia, he was the best part of DS2 and outright forgetting him with the rest is criminal.
>>
Aldia and the Bearer of the Curse linking arms and skipping off into the sunset is the canon ending for 2, no?
>>
>>336772617
Why would it be criminal to discard B team fan fiction?
>>
>>336772615
Out of 5 games Dark Souls 1 is the only one with an astonishing world design, BB and 3 have great level design, but lack the freedom of choice and connettivity of DS world.
>>
.>>336772954
Because 2 actually told a story, expanded on the universe and in didn't crush you over the head with call backs.

But B team guys.
>>
>>336772954
Because, at least the characters, are written miles better then memezaky's.
>>
>>336773161
And DS's start areas are the only ones with that inter connectivity, because it didnt have warping from the get go.

Also I don't think any area of 3 really stands out. Maybe Lothric Castle and the Archives.
>>
Why is the game so SLOW
it's like fucking slow motion
>>
>>336773730
>why don't enemies have infinite stamine and poisebreak?
At least DaS2 is playable.
>>
File: Stardust Kekers.gif (593 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Stardust Kekers.gif
593 KB, 640x360
>>336773802
>DaS2 is playable
>>
File: demons souls 2-2.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
demons souls 2-2.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
>>336773161

from being afraid to fully commit to one level style really fucked things up. They should have went back to the demons souls style of levels if they wanted teleporting between bonfires instead of walking 20 feet and suddenly the entire world changes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.