[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's... not very good, is it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85
File: Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg (139 KB, 322x400) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg
139 KB, 322x400
It's... not very good, is it?
>>
It's a "play it because it's there" type of game.
>>
It's really good actually, you false flagging shit.
>>
>>336733627

I've been on and off playing it for awhile now. It's making me realize what things I like in RPGs and what I don't.

It's a huge, pretty... boring world. Why the fuck do I need a world this big full of nonsense?

When I played Nier and it was a small, precise world I loved it.

Also music sucks.

>>336733685

How so? I'm not really digging it, but damn I'm trying. It's holding up other RPGs I want to play.
>>
It's legit one of the best game I've ever played
>>
>>336733234
It's GOTY 2015, if you like good videogames
>>
>>336733234
I'm liking it much more than Xenoblade.
People were expecting xenoblade.5 and could not handle a non linear rpg.
>>
Ita really fun. Still need to finish it though. 90hrs in on chapter 9. Other games have distracted me. Plan on continuing though.
>>
Nah it's pretty good you fucking idiot.
>>
>>336733234
It's not "very good", it's great.
>>
>>336733234
It's good, but not very good.
>>
What make this slog great?
>>
>>336734548
Exploration and the HUGE game world and environments. Like seriously half the fun in this game is running around exploring.

Getting a skell that can fly doesnt even ruin it because theres some places you can only get to by flying
>>
YEAH YEAH UH UH
>>
>>336733234
The world isn't as big as people advertise, certainly not "150 sq m" but still big regardless.
>>
File: 1457928043963.jpg (178 KB, 491x710) Image search: [Google]
1457928043963.jpg
178 KB, 491x710
>>336733234
It's great, one of my favorite JRPGs now, I can't wait for Monolith Soft's next game.
>>
>Early on in game
>Get stuck with affinity mission
>Can't drop
>Pain in the ass to complete
>Don't want to bother
>Start new game
>Get early on into game
>Reasonably leveled
>Nah fuck you go "explore" hehehe

This game feels so unfocused it's retarded. They shouldn't have sullied Xenoblades name.
>>
Exploring is great, everything else is kind of shit
>>
>>336735223
It actually is that ridiculously big, the thing is that your character move fuckign fast as fuck, even on foot
>>
>>336735621
No it isn't. Even GTAV allows vrooming around in a fast car and it feels about the same size. I will admit though that the game MIGHT be 150 sq miles if you include all the water. How do you measure sq miles in a game anyway? 150 sq miles in real life is HUGE.
>>
>>336733234
It's very good depending on what you want out of it.

If you're into world building and exploration it's great.
If you want a good story, it's garbage.
>>
File: 1433458804829.jpg (465 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1433458804829.jpg
465 KB, 1280x720
>>336735223
The world is too big for most people I'd say, if you didn't feel it as big as it is perhaps is because the size includes all the explorable sea area like most games do, and also because your sprinting speed is about twice as fast as the regular running speed of other games with heavy exploration, while your dolls move much faster than most vehicles from other games too.
>>
I'm literally on Chapter 4 and the direction it wants me to go is full of nearly level 50 aggro niggers.

As far as I can tell there really isn't any sneaking around these fucks either.
>>
>>336736010
Use the follow fall. Sometimes you will need to sneak around high level enemies for story missions, but I don't remember something that looked impossible around chapter 4.
>>
>>336733685
>>336734171
Why are Xfags always so fucking hostile? XC threads were comfy but then X came along and you fags are rude as hell.
>>
>>336736010
You can sneak against almost everything.

If you see an eye they are sight based, if it's a bolt they are movement sensitive.

Don't go in front / don't run close to them

You'll learn to sneak around in time, then in a hundred hours you'll come back around and crush them.
>>
>>336736230
>Why are people who know better than me hostile when i start shitposting threads :(
>>
>>336735814

Xeno definitely is 150 sq miles.

150 sq miles is about the same size as Denver, Colorado.

It's sizable, but not nearly as big as you're probably thinking it is.
>>
It's the only game that puts Wii U above "worthless" tier
>>
>>336736675
And W101, And Bayo 2, And Smash4, And MK8, And Pikmin 3 And Spolatoon And SMM And 3dWorld ; ^)
>>
>>336737038
>Smash
>Worth anything
I'm not even a fucking meleefag, Smash as a whole is cancer
>>
>>336737130
I'm sorry you dislike fun, but i am not in the least surprised.
>>
>>336737175
Smash is fun party game but that's about it
>>
Mechs killed it for me honestly, I quit shortly after I got my first one. Clunky controls combined with boring combat made the mechs terrible, it was fun up till then.
>>
>>336733234
Not really, no.
>>
>>336737541
And that's perfectly fine

But apparently, for >>336737130 videogames aren't for having fun. I suspect he might actually have believed the /v/ hate everything meme
>>
>>336737562
why not stay on foot then
>>
>>336734880
I literally stopped playing after i got a flying skell and completed the map. Didn't even finish the story because it was fucking shit.

Stop lying.
The world may be bigger, but that's it. Xenoblade Chronicles at least had a soul, lore and fun characters.
X was such a letdown.
>>
Haven't played it yet, just bought it used though. Going in blind expecting a time waster, everything else is a bonus. It's not like there's that many to choose from in this shitty library.
>>
>>336737562
>Clunky controls
The controls are perfectly implemented for the gameplay, I don't think they could have made anything better other than changing your Skell to fly mode using a double jump rather than a just one jump.
>>
>>336737694
Because that ruins his shitpost. See >>336737909
>>
>>336736278
>If you see an eye they are sight based, if it's a bolt they are movement sensitive.

That's what it means? I always thought eye just meant they were naturally hostile.
>>
It's okay, nowhere near XC though.
>>
>>336737909
I'm sorry for your shit opinion anon, hopefully you can find a game with more soul and a lore that fits your tastes.
>>
>>336738141
Hostile to you is red. If they are gray, normally they'll leave you alone unless you step on them. It's based on compared levels, and in some case if you are in a skell or not.
>>
>>336733234

No, it's good.

It has some bad elements (music is shit, side quests are repetitive after a while), but gameplay is legitimately good. It's one of the best WiiU games available.

OP probably hasn't got to the mech section yet and thinks it's shit because has to walk around like a pleb.
>>
Ehh I'm put the game on the backburner. Every week or so I put it in and play for a couple of hours, mostly doing nothing.

I tired of it pretty quickly. Trying to expand the map, just to realize I couldn't find a way to get to where I wanted to go. Or realizing that none of the characters really interested me in any way, or that the combat system is familiar, yet wrong in all the worst ways.

I feel like I only keep giving it the time of day because of XBC.
>>
>>336733234

it's by far the game i've gotten into the most on the wii u... and i've definitely loved some other titles.

it's far from perfect, but i've enjoyed it a hell of a lot.

my biggest complaints would be that it can become ridiculously grindy at parts and that some of the music is downright terrible (and you're gonna be hearing it a lot).
>>
>retarded story
>overcomplicated mh levels of autism upgrade system
>rng++ drops and itemization
>UI for ants
>trash combat system heavily favoring melee
>Tatsu
>>
>>336738393
>music is shit
That's mostly up to taste, the music is of a consistent (good) quality, even if there are a few themes that I don't personally like.
>>
>>336738610
>>overcomplicated mh levels of autism upgrade system

This.

What the fuck ever happened to simple, effective, with some sort of twist?

Like the Sphere Grid in FFX was still basically just you leveling and picking and choosing what you wanted after a certain point.
>>
>>336738632

I mainly don't like how often you have to hear the same buttrock tracks over and over. I didn't mind it the first few times but by the 900th time I had to listen to that city theme, I was done. Not like it's a game breaker to me anything, I just listen to my own music over it and enjoy it just fine.
>>
>>336738610
>I'm an idiot, and as such i hate every game that is too complicated for my tiny, tiny brain to handle, however easy it is for people without my cripplign disability
>>
>>336738610

>>trash combat system heavily favoring melee

Ha someone never got past level 50 did they? Poor lil fella. Ranged heavily outdamages melee in end-game
>>
>>336737909
I'm really confused on why lore is mentioned with Xenoblade Chronicles of all things. Practically every mystery of the world is explicitly told to you in the story all the way back to the creation of the universe itself, and it's almost all just "God did it"
>>
>>336733798
>It's a huge, pretty... boring world.
>When I played Nier and it was a small, precise world I loved it.
No offense, but you're a faggot.

Despite being many times bigger than Nier's world, XCX manages to shove tons of content into it's fucking huge and hand crafted world.

Nier's world is terrible and is just the same copypasted environmental assets outside of towns, and most of the explorable areas outside are just corridors funneling you to the next town/dungeon

Every sector in XCX has a mission to perform, whether it's finding treasure, killing a tyrant, or finding a mining node
>>
>>336735495
>Get stuck with affinity mission
It's not my fault you're retarded?

Most of the game is exploring and doing missions around the world, rather than a main quest or an affinity quest.

All main/affinity quests do is lock you out of other main/affinity quests which aren't most of the content anyway, and by the time you do a lot of other missions you should be able to do yours easily

main quests are usually just tests of skill/level to make sure you're on the right track leveling/party comp/ and skill/gear-wise to beat the game
>>
>>336738810

Not him but what's complicated about XCX's system? You upgrade yourself by leveling up and equipping gear and you upgrade your mech by spending money. MH is the one that makes you do the bullshit crafting. The only thing I can think of is getting the items for the postgame mechs.

>>336738610
>retarded story

What's wrong with the story?

>rng++ drops and itemization

Everything that is actually worth it generally isn't that hard to get a drop from.

>UI for ants

Granted I have a pretty big tv, but nothing in the UI looks small to me.

>trash combat system heavily favoring melee

Ranged beats it by a mile after a certain point

>Tatsu

Got me there. he sure as shit is no Riki
>>
>>336738610
What? Even early game, range can easily match or outperform melee with Gatling Guns, Sniper Rifles, and Rayguns.

The Raygun especially was insane. Almost immediately I went Astral Fencer for just 1 rank to get Beam Boost, and then it made Full Specs + Beam Barrage into something that demolished enemies.

And after I got Ether Boost, Core Crusher, and an Ether raygun, both Beam Barrage and Ether Blast could do more damage than a non-overdrive Longsword ever could until endgame.
>>
>>336733234

Yeah, everything's kind of medicore. You explore to find... blue dots that give semi-random rewards, treasure troves with minor rewards locked behind your mechanical/biological/archaeological skill you have to grind out, and monsters that aren't enjoyable to fight. It's a big world, and there's lots of stuff, but none of the stuff is fun to find or do. Meanwhile, it doesn't have characters, music, voice acting, or a setting as well done as it was in Xenoblade: Chronicles.
>>
>>336739756

It's a lot closer to Gears than Blade was, and that's what I wanted
>>
>>336735280
what if it turns out to be an FPS set on Mira
>>
I loved it. Was my entire December. Came home from work, showered, ate, plopped down in the chair and played X for 6 hours straight before shitposting on 4chan a bit then going to bed.
>>
>>336733234
Maybe I was expecting something else from the game but I hated it. The world they talked so much about felt incredibly boring to explore after a couple of hours. The music ranged from decent to trash. The combat wasn't fun at all; real time movement was not a good choice for what this combat entailed. The story was pretty bland, and all the characters felt like anime stereotypes.

I'm sure someone out there thinks that this is a good game but it just was not for me.
>>
>>336740714
Oh and the quests fucking sucked. It was all "find this item" or "collect 10 of these". No variety.
>>
>>336738610
>>trash combat system heavily favoring melee
did you even play this game ahahaahahahaahahahahaaha
>>
>>336733234
You're allowed to not like things that are competently made. Not everything you don't personally like has to therefore be bad, that's pretty egotistical of you. Now likewise the game isn't well made just because I'd give it like a 7/10 or so, but if you're gonna have the opinion that it isn't very good of a game then you should maybe include reasons why you think that in your OP. Just keep in mind not everything you don't like has to be bad.
>>
>>336740874
Maybe you're talking about the basic missions, but the normal missions were great in this game and a big improvement from the previous game, you got to know the whole city and the rest of Mira while expanding on the story/lore. The Affinity missions were specially good.
>>
>>336740874
Not saying it invalidates the "no variety" claim but the game also had quest types such as killx number of enemy or kill unique x enemy and a few other quest types. Out of this selection of seven or so quest types the game asked you to do 2 to 3 dozen of each type. Certainly made the experience of doing any particular quest dull and/or monotonous
>>
>>336733234
My biggest complaint about the game is that they got the name wrong. It should've been called tanktop collector in space
>>
>>336739756
yeah basically this
it's really fun at first because I liked the exploration, but after I had seen 90% of it and started running out of shit to see, I just stopped caring
>>
I just found they throw way too much shit on you in way too short of a time.
It's too "complex" for a JRPG and too shallow for an MMO.

I fucking loved Xenoblade so I really wanted to like this but holy shit, It was just way too convoluted.
I know some are going to jump on call me retarded etc. But honestly for the amount of time the game wanted me to put in, I don't know if I could call it a worthwhile investment.
>>
>>336741740
>too shallow for an mmo
which fucking mmo?
world of warcraft's three button rotations?
FFXIV's five button rotations?
>>
File: 8975764576568708.jpg (61 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
8975764576568708.jpg
61 KB, 400x240
how the fuck does the battlesystem work? it feels really fucking weird and chaotic. i get that those soul voices are an important factor for healing alone, so you have to use certain skills at certain times. the problem: the time frame is too short to use them deliberate. like, if my party member are low on health i just have to spam the next move randomly to get that health boost.

so i either ignore that system to use positionals and stuff properly or i spam them the second they blink to get buffs. so far that battlesystem feels like a clusterfuck to me.
>>
File: 1454402899894.jpg (118 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1454402899894.jpg
118 KB, 800x450
>>336741740
The complexity of the mechanics are good for the complexity and scale of the game I think, like the first two hours of the game are tutorials.

Maybe they should have made more structured and extensive (but optional) tutorials, same thing happened with The Wonderful 101 and people not understanding mechanics that were correctly explained in quick tutorials.
>>
File: [genocide intensifies].gif (479 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
[genocide intensifies].gif
479 KB, 600x337
>>336741740
>He thinks MMOs are complex
>He thinks JRPGs can't be complex
Let me guess, the only JRPG you've played are Pokémon and Final Fantasy?
>>
>>336741740
>Too shallow for a MMO

whaaaaaaaaat.
>>
>>336733234
I like the game as a whole but a good chunk of the soundtrack is garbage. Sawano is pretty much the Michael Bay of vidya composers.
>>
>>336739756
>Meanwhile, it doesn't have characters, music, voice acting, or a setting as well done as it was in Xenoblade: Chronicles.
Kino shitposting
>>
>>336733234
been playing for like an hour, finally got to the part where some kind of cutscenes was expected to amaze me by the world creatures and how big it is.

it didnt surprised me at all and i thought it was fucking dumb, not the world, but the cutscene itself.

elma a qt though.
>>
>>336741740
Git gud
>>
File: Elma.png (187 KB, 320x619) Image search: [Google]
Elma.png
187 KB, 320x619
Why is she such a huge focus? Literally the most boring and dull member of the entire cast. Did Takahashi just want to overemphasize his dumb waifu?
>>
>>336742276
Read

The

Manual
>>
>>336742276
If you have all your arts on cooldown at the same time you're probably doing something wrong, unless you're in overdrive. Remember that waiting for your arts to fill the secondary cooldowns is usually worth it, unless you're trying to finish a fight quickly and you know you will not need that, so you can use those arts recharging for secondary cooldowns for soul voices earlier if needed.

It's usually good to have at least an art of each color in you palette so you can reply to any kind of soul voices.

Also the timeframe for replying souls voices is longer that what one would expect, if your art still has like 5 seconds before getting of cooldown when a soul voice is called, you will probably have time to reply to it.
>>
>>336742807
She's the main character, that's why
>>
>>336742807
She was supposed to be the MC before they decided to include online and thought player-made avatars would make things more original.
>>
>>336742945
She's a shitty protag then.
>>
>>336742807
why she is not the protagonist?
i mean come on...
>>
>>336742978
>She was supposed to be the MC
Nope, wrong. Elma has way too much insider knowledge to be the player character. That would have never worked.
Plus, we know from that Art of Mira book that the original protagonist was a guy who looked somewhat similar to Lao.
>>
>>336742326
I liked how in a world where mechanics and tutorials are shoved down your throat until the game is confident you've been babbied enough to succeed on your own, X just gives you a manual and tells you to stop moaning. It's great
>>
>>336742995
In your opinion
>>
>>336742907
maybe im still too used to MMOs where its a sin to waste cooldowns by not using them. im already trying to let certain skills alone until required, but it always feels like a dps loss to not use them.
>>
>>336743223
She has no character development and we learn nothing about her motivations behind saving humanity.
>>
File: 1384405516633.jpg (315 KB, 1280x876) Image search: [Google]
1384405516633.jpg
315 KB, 1280x876
why did the character designs end up so much worse than xenoblade wii? did they have a different designer?
>>
>>336742578
What do you mean? There's maybe 3 bad tracks in the soundtrack, every area theme, character theme, and most battle themes are brilliant
>>
so I'm on that first story mission in Oblivia where you have to destroy those turrets. Literally everything is wrecking my shit.
am i missing something or am I just under leveled?
i'm lvl 19.
>>
>>336742276
Check in the Soul Voice menu, and you'll see that they trigger under a specific condition with specific effects if someone triggers that Soul Voice.

The easiest ones to trigger are usually getting critical hits, having the secondary effects of one of your arts activate (like being behind someone when you backslash), inflicting a status on them, being at a specific HP, etc.

And when you activate someone else's Soul Voice, it guarantees the secondary effect of any art you use on top of the healing for the entire party and the buff that the Soul Voice gives. It's a really crazy way to guarantee status inflictions an any enemy that's not 100% immune to them, even Mind Control on way higher level enemies or instantly Toppling an enemy that's not even staggered.
>>
>>336742978
I don't know why they were so dead set on having online multiplayer when they did such a half-assed job with it. The missions are so fucking easy and basic that there's no point in even doing them. The nemesis bosses are fun, but there's only fucking two of them.
They either need to actually do a worthwhile online mode in the sequel or just drop and focus all of their resources on a strong single player mode.
>>
>>336742807

Female chaos.
>>
>>336733234
This game is fucking awful. I stopped playing at the part where everyone is on the mountain and your squad decides to fight the giant alien ship or whatever. I just dropped it at that point it is beyond autistic.
>>
>>336743260
She has plenty of character development and she helped humanity because she could. Wait for the sequel for in depth explanations.
>>
>>336743451
>She has plenty of character development
No she doesn't. She remains static throughout the entire story. Even after she reveals her true form nothing really changes, we just learn that she saved humanity because reasons.
>>
>>336743323
Look at the characters in game and try again. Alternatively compare concept are of both, X is far superior.
>>
>>336734058
Same. My back catalog is fucking shameful.
>>
>>336733234
I like it, way better than that overrated shit of Chronicles X, gameplay wise at least.
>>
>>336743323
yes, they got back the same guy who did the character design for xenosaga 1 (the one with the horrid anime characters)
>>
File: protagconcept.jpg (295 KB, 1254x1920) Image search: [Google]
protagconcept.jpg
295 KB, 1254x1920
>>336743082
Nah, if anything the original protagonist concept art looked closer to Yelv. He likely still "exists" in the story of the game as the lone hero that co-piloted the Ares with Elma and went missing.
>>
>>336743605
Yes, she does. She turns from a stoic commander in to someone who values her team mates, feels more comfortable and less of an outsider around them, and above all understands the human condition through her interactions with Lao. This all happens through most of the main story and her affinity missions.
>>
>>336743605
I think you're just completely neglecting all of the arguments she has with Lao, Doug, antagonists, and her general attitude towards integrating xenoforms into NLA.
>>
File: cornada_0.jpg (57 KB, 652x366) Image search: [Google]
cornada_0.jpg
57 KB, 652x366
>playing this game
>level 23 rank 10 Samurai and working my way to Galactic Knight
>hear that melee sucks dick late game

welp there goes my melee build
>>
File: Black Knight.jpg (169 KB, 736x1100) Image search: [Google]
Black Knight.jpg
169 KB, 736x1100
>>336743743
>cut content: the game

if making the world smaller made the game have more and better story, i would have preferred that
>>
>>336733234
play overwatch instead
>>
>>336733234
ONE BY ONE
>>
One of the problems that X suffers beside a somewhat mediocre story is too many characters syndrome, having 19 characters compared to the 7 of the original, and made 3 characters mandatory for each main story mission, leaving you to assign one of 16 characters to that last slot. The game also seems to have parts cut, due to Celica and L being mandatory to recruit, yet having barely any depth on the story, along with Mia and Lao having lines together, despite being unrecruitable at the same time.
>>
>>336743826
>She turns from a stoic commander in to someone who values her team mates
She valued her teammates from the very beginning, even before the story. We can see this because of how torn up she was over Danny and Boris's deaths, which occurred soon after landing on Mira.
>understands the human condition through her interactions with Lao.
There is literally no evidence that she "understands" what Lao was saying. She just brushes it off and later even Lao admits he was wrong.
>>336743976
But she does not gain any new understanding from her interactions with those characters. She just brushes off their concerns. Rewatch her argument with Doug in the Lifehold. She does not acknowledge his viewpoint as a valid one, and Doug quickly admits she was right and he was wrong.
>>
>>336733234
Depends on who you ask. There's a lot to love, along with some odd characteristics that still make you either love it or hate it. Can't wait for it to get emulated. As a oc title with mods it would be amazing.
>>
>>336743605
She has plenty of development, pay attention.

My favorite aspect is how in chapter 3 she's all about how "its us or them on this planet" then in chapter 5 meets the manon and nopon, and over the course of the next few chapters warms to them being included. During the battle of NLA she kinda officially changes her stance after the Manon help keep the residents of NLA safe
>>
>>336733234
No it is great.

Sequel when? NX right?
>>
>>336744213
>My favorite aspect is how in chapter 3 she's all about how "its us or them on this planet"
She was only talking about the indigens. She never has that attitude towards sentient, peaceful races. That isn't development.
>over the course of the next few chapters warms to them being included
She supported an alliance with Ma-non and Nopon pretty much from the moment each race was introduced.
>>
>>336733234

I've been playing this game, and I'm a bit stuck on chapter 9 due to the requirement that you have to get mechs.

The game is honestly poorly designed.

Firstly, let's talk about missions. Missions are all over the place, have stupid objectives that don't have any reasonable place in a game like this, like MMO-style quests of "kill [x] type of mob" or "get 20 [x]". Most of these missions are optional, but the problem is you can miss out on interesting and often key story/character elements if you don't do some of them.

Levelling up is also shit, retarded. It's as bad as an MMO, again. If you rely solely on main missions you won't be high enough level to deal with some of the shit the game throws at you, forcing you to do side-missions or, if you're particularly lazy, grind, which often rewards you better shit than fucking missions just because enemies drop so much shit.

At the halfway point of the game, you have to start relying on your mechs, and boy oh boy are mechs fun. If you die in your mech you risk losing it (depending on how many times you've died with it), and if you fail a quick time event when dying in your mech, you risk losing even more with it. A fucking.. quick time event.

And what's with these fucking retarded BRAIN-DEAD quick time events? What brain-dead fucking moron of a game designer said, "you know what would be good mr hiroshima nagasaki, is if we had more quick-time events. A game's just not good unless you have quick-time events!" It's like, how fucking retarded can you get to actually have that sort of conversation that leads to this?

The main storyline is enjoyable and characters are fun, but is filled with plot-holes and still overall retarded.

And don't get me started on the random-ass nigger music they put in places. The game has so much good music, and then it mixes it in with horrible-ass nigger music everywhere. "uh, uh YEAAA! uh, uh YEEAAAA!"

So fuck this game, it's a waste of money.
>>
>>336744160
(continued)
the game also feels rushed, only having 12 main story missions, and it feels like some of the content for any possible cut story missions was shoved into affinity missions, like the flight pack. There are also bosses that seemed like they should have appeared in the main story, like the Rexoskell and the Twin Skells, reason being they're the only two non story bosses that appear in time attack, and the Twin Skells having a different design compared to any other mech in thr game.
>>
>>336733234
this game excels at being okay. but i really enjoyed my time with it.
>>
It's a rare example of a game that is objectively good that I dislike. I dislike it because I don't have the willpower to invest the required amount of time and effort to complete it, therefore the problem lies 100% with me and not with the game. Oh well, at least I'm "mature" enough to admit this now.
>>
>>336744213
>During the battle of NLA she kinda officially changes her stance after the Manon help keep the residents of NLA safe
What the fuck are you talking about? She was never opposed to the Ma-non living in NLA, in fact she supported it.
Are you confusing her with Boze?
>>
>>336744221
Probably
>>
File: doug.jpg (242 KB, 476x674) Image search: [Google]
doug.jpg
242 KB, 476x674
>>336744068
Melee's not bad at all, especially Galactic Knight. Stick with it, and make sure you put Yelv and Doug in your party to get some great arts from affinity missions later on.

Photon Saber becomes a fucking nonstop buzzsaw. Most of the special effects of their arts are a huge damage boost if you used a melee attack (so any orange, or any photon-saber art of another color) shortly before that, and they have skills that increase damage of melee combos and reduce cooldown of melee combos too.

Thing is, the way a melee combo works is the move AFTER gets the boost. So you could go like:

Starfall Blossom (doesn't get bonuses) -> Starfall Blade (Gets bonuses) -> Starfall Rondo (gets bonuses) -> any ranged attack (gets bonuses)
>>
>>336744221
>Sequel when?
Never. "This story never truly ends" means that players should draw their own conclusions instead of expecting a sequel.
>>
I hate that there's no sound options. The sound effects/voices are as loud as the music to the point that they drown it out. And since your characters scream out their moves, it gets annoying really fucking quick. If I could just turn off the sound effects it'd be perfect.
>>
>>336745173
Its so bizarre that they basically hand you a dev kit in regards to camera controls, but there are zero audio options.
>>
>>336744950
She wasn't opposed, she was cautiously allowing it. Her stance was that having the Manon there would invite the Ganglion to attack, which is what happened. She says after the battle that she was glad the Manon were around to keep non blades safe, implying that she had her faith solidified in them.
>>
>>336745279
>Her stance was that having the Manon there would invite the Ganglion to attack
Do you remember when she says this? Its not that I don't believe you I just don't remember it.
>>
>>336745260
>>336745173
The disc is full. Having two audio tracks for every cutscene would have been overkill, and they would have to assume that not everyone could install the data packs, so the game has to be playable from the disc.
>>
>>336745367
I want to say during one of the briefings, it was definitely in conversation with Nagi
>>
>>336745389
what the hell does that have to do with having audio options? It's not a "second track" its just turning the volume down.
>>
>>336745096
>"This story never truly ends" means that players should draw their own conclusions instead of expecting a sequel.
What kind of mental gymnastics do have to do to come to that conclusion?
>>
>>336745013

It's posts like this that make me want to keep trying to play the game. Like there is a ton of depth and I just can't find the motivation to get into it.
>>
>>336745502
Why wouldn't they use a standard "to be continued" like normal people?
Its because they don't have plans to continue the story.
>>
>>336733234
>>336744432
You know what, (2/1), I'm not done ranting about this piece of shit of a game.

Now let's talk about gameplay.

Some of the areas in the game are gorgeous, and like I said, when it's not playing nigger music, the music is amazing, the art and art design is amazing. This game has incredibly atmosphere that's rare. That's one of the positive things about the game, it's atmosphere and feel, exploring the world, getting mechs, flying around, interacting with this beautiful world is amazing at times, but its on top of a shit base game.

You can play this game multiplayer, with randoms or with friends, which I suppose is fun, but if you're not within 4 levels of each other, you're fucked due to level requirements/restrictions.

The gameplay is utterly fucking repetitive and retarded. Your skills have cooldowns, and you hit them in a specific order to get maximum synergy/damage. You have overdrive which is awesome (if TP weren't so fucking difficult to increase).

But then when playing you begin to realize all the attacks are.. positional. [X] attack may require you to attack from the side of the enemy to get most damage. Who the fuck thought that this was smart? Not only that, but your NPC followers can't seem to figure that out, they just attack in any random-ass place without accounting for that at all, so the whole point of positional-based damage modifiers becomes fucking moot, especially on certain NPCs which have classes that basically revolve around positionally-based damage.

Oh and by the way, to get maximum synergy from your team-mates? Quick-time events again. Fucking brain-dead quick-time events. Fuck you, you braindead nip game designers. How the fuck could you fuck up something so royally? WHO, WHO was it that thought that this was a good idea? I want to find that person and fucking rape them with a spiked baseball bat.

This fucking game is a mess.
>>
>>336745495
Don't be a retard. The games audio is mixed to a single track (ost and VA) them implemented in to the game. What you're asking for would require a separate OST and VA audio track for every cutscene, doubling the amount of audio tracks taking up space.
>>
File: come on elma.jpg (230 KB, 710x502) Image search: [Google]
come on elma.jpg
230 KB, 710x502
>>336744079
It wasn't cut, though. It was just a concept that they didn't bother sticking with.

It's really par for the course on a Xeno game, given typically they have massive scale, ambition, and 3+ other games worth of supplementary material and speculation.
>>
File: 1451704521748.jpg (136 KB, 1164x800) Image search: [Google]
1451704521748.jpg
136 KB, 1164x800
Someone's going all out falseflag in this thread.
Still expecting X-2 though.
>>
>>336745489
I really don't remember this, if you can find a video of it I'll believe you but I really don't think she ever said that.
>>
>>336745389

Having sound options doesn't required multiple tracks, I'm sure.
>>
>>336745740
Then you don't know how it works
>>
File: 1459989807794.jpg (149 KB, 637x480) Image search: [Google]
1459989807794.jpg
149 KB, 637x480
>>336745657
are you implying that every tick on the volume meter would have to be implemented as a separate track?
>>
>>336745597
Of theu really wanted people to come to their own conclusion they would have made an open ended finale. Instead we got a shot of Space Dunban lying on a beach then Vader walking up to him. You have the comprehension of a high schooler.
>>
>>336733234
It's good landscape porn, but that's about it
>>
>>336741203
You mean the same quest types as are found in every single game with quests ever made?
>>
>>336745817
Don't come crying to me when MS's next project has nothing to do with XCX's story.
>>
>>336745619
Where's this idiocy from?
>>
>>336745778

Well, I probably don't. But If the cutscenes are a problem, couldn't they just have left the cutscenes as they are and just give us sound options for battles and shit?
>>
>>336736567
Xenoblade X is a lot smaller than Denver.
>>
>>336745812
You're a retard.

For every cutscene in the game, the audio team opted to layer the VA work over the OST, mix it down, and put it in to the game. This means there's one single WAV file. In order to adjust the volume of any of these tracks on the fly, they'd have to put the VA and OST in to the game separately as separate WAV files, so you can adjust the volume.
>>
Xenoblade Chronicles X is not a fun game.
>>
>>336745930
It might not but it doesn't mean it won't a sequel.
>>
>>336746012
I don't know, I didn't work on the game. What I described is how volume sliders for VA and OST are done in video games.
>>
File: espurr.png (75 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
espurr.png
75 KB, 300x300
>>336745013
I already got all the skills from the Samurai path, which other classes should i level up to make my galactic knight better?

Also when Galactic Knight gets a powerspike? I come from a Samurai that raped everything with Burning Slash>Incendiary Edge combo.
>>
>>336746037
Having audio options available through one of those download packs would've been a fine solution. People who didn't care about it wouldn't have to download it and would've played the game just like the regular release that we got. People who did care could download it and adjust it.
>>
>>336745930
Perfect Works, son
>>
>>336746197
Man just get them all. It takes maybe half an hour at the end game to level a class, and it gives you so much option for skills
>>
>>336733234
Shitty localization.
>>
File: 1461953849506.jpg (543 KB, 722x860) Image search: [Google]
1461953849506.jpg
543 KB, 722x860
Are Blade babies at it again?
>>
>>336746252
what does that have to do with anything? XCX is a separate universe from Xenogears.
>>
>>336733234
I dunno how to explain it. I dumped close to 300 hours on it and yet I still didn't like it as much as the first game. It's kinda Quantity over Quality I guess. Plus the story was shit, characters were shit, music was shit, gameplay was atleast better than Xenoblade 1.
>>
>>336736230
It's because X is crap and they know it. The hostility is misdirection.
>>
File: Neilnail.jpg (183 KB, 736x1130) Image search: [Google]
Neilnail.jpg
183 KB, 736x1130
>>336744712
it's so fucking blatant how the twin skells were meant to be a boss, this is Neilnail(the one on top), she is a Qlu like Celica, those mechs are the neilnail twins, i guess they were related before cutting out everything
>>
>>336746240
Probably something to do with it being implemented in to the game as is. It would require patching and I imagine is a lot of work to do for every piece or audio design in the game. Hopefully Nintendo will opt for 1TB discs on the NX so this isn't a problem
>>
>>336746003
Japan, clearly.
>>
>>336746345
Ignore them
>>
>>336746351
XCX's basic plot frame is obviously from Xenogears
>>
>>336745680
that very concept art you just posted was the original Vasara fight location, if you see the very first trailer ever you can see it, its safe to say it was cut(like everything else) to make the story shorter
>>
>>336746345
at what again?
>>
>>336737692
Sm4sh isn't worth a WiiU and doesn't do shit unless you have people to play it with in IRL and even then real party games like Dokapon or Mario party are better to play in that situation.
>>
Probably my biggest problem with the game was the pacing and mission structure. It felt as though the story took place in a separate universe to everything else.

>Humanity supposedly only has a short time left
>But you can't do this next story mission because you haven't explored enough and done x y and z yet.
>>
>>336733234

i never got very far in it because I bought it shortly before getting bloodborne and then just never ended up going back to it once i was done with bloodborne.

i liked what i saw though. it actually seemed to do the openworld/wilderness thing pretty well. the monsters were well spaced out, there was actually a good mix of highlevel shit that can stomp you and trash mobs not worth your time along with the level appropriate monsters.

i didn't play xenoblade chronicles so the combat system was extremely confusing at first, but i eventually got the hang of it
>>
It's not on PC.
>>
>>336745570
It takes a bit, but once you look into the classes to figure out what you want to learn or combine and figure out how Soul Voices guarantee secondary effects, you get a lot more options.

With soul voices, you can even turn Knife into something crazy, with guaranteed mind-controlling of enemies 50 levels higher than you to squash things, followed by instantly killing that enemy you mind controlled.

You can also just try things out for free by controlling other characters in your party (in the party select menu, you just put them in the top slot instead of your MC). Shakes the gameplay up and lets you try stuff out before you put points into it.
>>
>>336746540
...and? That doesn't mean it will get a sequel.
>>
>>336746295
Well I'm level 23 so Im far from end game content so I cant just take them all for the moment.
>>
>>336746580
If you buy a console for a single game you're a retard. The WiiU had a solid 10+ games worth playing.
>>
>>336737038
The only games worth a shit about on that list are games made by platinum, splatoon and pikmin 3.
>>
I CAN'T HEAR YOU
I CAN'T SEE YOU
>>
>>336746427
I'm of the opinion that the real reason they couldn't offer more audio options is that the complete game takes up almost the entire storage capacity of the console and they have some rule that no game is allowed to require external storage for the full experience.
>>
>>336746737
Literally what I stated at the start of the chain anon.
>>
>>336742807
Agreed. Elma is just a bad character. No depth to her at all. She was easily the worst part of the story.
>>
>>336746602

I think it's cute when PCfags beg for Nintendo games.
>>
File: 1442632288115.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1442632288115.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>336746685
>any current gen console
>having 10 games worth palying
>>
File: IzyiD1Z.jpg (120 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
IzyiD1Z.jpg
120 KB, 1600x900
>>336746648
Sure thing bud. Stay delusional.
>>
>>336746782
You said disc. That is separate storage.
>>
>>336746851
Tons of games with sequel hooks never get sequels.
>>
>>336746602
>>336746792

When X can be emulated, watch it become the new favorite. Screencap this. By mid 2017 there will be WiiU emulation and a renewed interest in X, like Chronicles got. Hell, most Chronicles fans didn't even play it on Wii, they emulated it. At its core, its sour grapes.
>>
>>336733234
I liked it
>>
>>336746648
The story isn't over and there's rumors that Monolith is working on a sequel.

Probably won't be named Xenoblade though, but has the same characters all around.
>>
>>336745686
It's been a while since I've seen pink-shirt mimchan.
>>
>>336746910
Because they didn't profit enough but XCX did.
>>
A franchise going from the PS to Nintendo is kind of a dick move, considering Nintendo only makes casual shit but ruined Bayonetta and Xenoblade for everyone, holy fuck.
>>
>>336747008
Yeah they confirmed they're working on a new project but no word on if its related to XCX or not.
For what its worth, in that interview he said he thinks his next game will pretty different from XCX because he gets bored with doing the same things over and over.
>>
>>336746874
Now look further down the post where I talk about the data packs.
>>
>>336747051
But anon, everyone knows JRPGs have to sell millions of copies to be successful, just like western AAA games that cost $200 million to make.
>>
>>336747051
>but XCX did.
lol
>>
The gameplay is pretty polarizing but unlike Chronicles, it doesn't have a fun narrative and characters to hold it up.
I think you'll either fall in love with it or not really get it.

Personally I'd like it better if the collect quests gave you more information about their whereabouts.
It's all well saying "Find 5 greasy gears" but most of the time there's no real way to know where you'd get one.
>>
>>336747090
>he gets bored with doing the same things over and over.
The guys got the same fucking story outline for Gears/Saga/X, he's a Hoffman liar
>>
>>336747062

Nintendo was the only company interested in funding Bayonetta 2. Without Nintendo the game wouldn't even exist, so how did they "ruin" it?
>>
>>336747124
The implication of that comment is an assumption that people will have other things taking up space, especially since you previously talked about playing from disc instead of the digital version of the game. If you want to change your stance to match, that's fine, but don't pretend you said something you obviously didn't.
>>
>>336747193
>XCX didn't
Do people actually not understand what profit is?
>>
>>336747062
>4 years later, people are STILL salty over Bayo 2
Keep fucking crying, lmao
>>
>>336747289
by not forcing an exclusivity in order to capture an adult market that doesn't exist ?
>>
>>336747090
I bet it is, they just won't announce it yet.
After all like you said, Takahashi doesn't like doing the same things twice.
But he knows he'll get shat on by the fans if he doesn't scratch the sequel itch.

It's going to be a Xeno title, but not Xenoblade.
>>
>>336747090
They started work in April last year, hired a bunch of new employees in May, and allegedly got a NX dev kit around that time. We might see info around the time of the NX reveal in a sizzle reel, seen as they released teaser footage of X at the one year mark
>>
>>336747062
Xenoblade was ever only on Nintendo platforms you massive retard.
>>
>>336747062
>A franchise going from the PS to Nintendo is kind of a dick move
>Final Fantasy moved from Nintendo to PS
i guess the age old saying is true
repeat after me
only okay if Sony does it
>>
>>336736230
>XC threads were comfy
I got insulted because I liked the original for different reasons than others. Get fucked.
>>
>>336747323
Explain how what I said is different from what you said. I feel there's wires being crossed here, because it seems to me we're talking about the same aspect.
>>
>>336746197
There's a lot of different ways to get Galactic Knight's power up there. here's some skills that can do a lot, get some melee augments, an Ether photon saber (most of your melee attacks take on your weapon's element), and you could do some of this:

Supreme Sword (Rank 10 Blast Fencer, increase melee combo damage)
Fast Forward (Rank 5 Galactic Knight, decreases melee combo cooldown)
Core Crusher (Rank 10 Psycorruptor, ether attacks do up to 150% more damage but your attacks don't hurt limbs)
Ether Boost (Rank 1 Blast Fencer, more ether damage)

If you wait for secondary cooldown to charge up on them and then go nuts using them all in a row (starting with Stardust Blossom from the front), you're looking at all of those multiplier stacking together for a chain of attacks that are suddenly doing like x20 more damage than using them plainly. The main combo is:

Starfall Blossom -> Starfall Blade -> Starfall Rondo

Where Blade's the one easy to spam, but Rondo is the insane damage.
>>
File: 1407979224423.jpg (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1407979224423.jpg
17 KB, 225x225
Monorith is great but problem is a "hard"
>>
>>336747668
I one shifted Goethia at level 20 using that Starfall secondary cool down combo coupled with that skill that adds damage for combos
>>
>>336747513
Dude fuck off the adults are talking.

>>336747537
Except FFVII came out on PC as well, and so did all the later games except X, X-2 and XII and that one may come at some point soon.

The fragmentation of game releases and the random hoping franchises do is the reason I abandoned consoles this gen.
>>
>>336747358
They think $500 million profit is the bottom line for a successful vidya or something along those lines

It's a misconception that kiddies have taken to heart
>>
>>336747406

How the fuck did Nintendo "force exclusivity" when neither Sony nor Microsoft were interested in another Bayonetta game?
>>
>>336747581
It looks to me like you're talking about the disc you buy at the store being full, which is also true, but that creates a separate total amount of data with the download packs. I'm talking about the digital version taking up the internal flash memory by itself. It's possible I misread what you wrote, but it seemed clear.
>>
>>336747668
Is CQC Master good on Galactic Knights? Considering he will do nothing but melee combos sounds tempting.
>>
File: 1458043053230.jpg (426 KB, 1024x1668) Image search: [Google]
1458043053230.jpg
426 KB, 1024x1668
>>
>>336747887
>Dude fuck off the adults are talking.
Xenosaga, Xenogears, and Xenoblade are 3 different game franchises though

They all just share the same name of Xeno because Takahashi
>>
>All these kids defending this objectively shit game
>>
>tatsu

Why does dev create this shit
>>
>>336747986
I'll clarify. They want the disc version to be playable with no/minimal additional downloads, thus it needs to run straight off the disc, which it does. The digital version you're talking about implements the data packs and comes in at around 20gb I think. I'm guessing that adding options that would alter gameplay is something they can't offer, so the additional 2GB or so for the additional audio tracks isn't offered.
>>
File: 1460528156121.gif (2 MB, 226x328) Image search: [Google]
1460528156121.gif
2 MB, 226x328
>>336748024
But roboshulk exists.
>>
>>336748010
Nah, because if you do the secondary effects of an art, they automatically critical (you'll tell by the yellow border around all the damage you're doing). So as long as you hit from the front with Blossom, and use Blade/Rondo immediately following a melee art, they will always critical and give you TP.
>>
File: peg xenox.png (1 MB, 1040x1225) Image search: [Google]
peg xenox.png
1 MB, 1040x1225
>>336748024
>>
>>336748325
Same reason he created Riki and the Nopon in the first place. Gotta have a fucking Mog in every jrpg franchise nowadays.

I wonder if nopon plushies would be on the cards if Nintendo weren't running around like idiots unable to franchise
>>
>>336748375
Ohh gotcha
>>
>>336748504

Every time I pick up a lacy potato I blush because I imagine it wearing a sheer negligee.
>>
>>336748504
Put a stack of tanktops on the upper right
>>
>>336747478
I honestly hope they don't reveal it too soon...they debuted XCX in January 2013 and it didn't come out until almost 3 years later. I thought we might get the game early in the Wii U's life, but just like XC it ended up coming almost at the end.
Hell, XCX is really one of the last Wii U games. Only Star Fox, #FE, and Zelda U came after it.
>>
>>336748914
That seems to be Nintendo's weakness.

It's like, they have 3 years of platformers, racing, puzzle games and maybe a Zelda, then right at the end come the games you can actually sink your teeth in to and immerse yourself in. I hope with the NX allegedly combining the handheld and console sectors that w get more substantial games earlier in it'd life cycle
>>
File: 1453715020083.jpg (81 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1453715020083.jpg
81 KB, 800x450
>>336748873
>only one stack
>>
File: armypizza.jpg (783 KB, 718x1024) Image search: [Google]
armypizza.jpg
783 KB, 718x1024
>>336748504
I'm still surprised how much I liked the manon.
>>
File: 1458814248880.jpg (121 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1458814248880.jpg
121 KB, 557x605
>>336749365
>there really were pizza delivery quests
>>
>>336749167
If nothing else, at launch it'll have the probably definitive version of a new 3D Zelda game.

With any luck, I hope Pikmin 4's there too, given the rumors about it.
>>
>>336749365
> first thing Americans do is mine for oil

Poetry
>>
File: ldance.webm (2 MB, 850x800) Image search: [Google]
ldance.webm
2 MB, 850x800
>>336749547
And also promotional coupons for free pizza for preordering the game at Best Buy.
>>
File: peg xenox.png (1 MB, 1040x1225) Image search: [Google]
peg xenox.png
1 MB, 1040x1225
>>336748873
Good idea.
>>
>>336733234
It's not 10/10 by any means but it's hardly not good. It has its flaws. Some pretty unfortunate ones. But it's still a good game if you can bear with those flaws.
>>
>>336749167
That may be why they got NX launching on March 2017. Lots of Nintendo studios and others with projects on Nintendo are silent right now, probably working against the clock.

NX won't have the benefit of a new Smash game though. Prolly a port.
>>
>>336749167
The NX is honestly such a huge slap in the face to Wii U owners. The Wii U's life didn't even kick off until 9 months after it launched when Pikmin 3 finally released.
Then they promised us that the first half of 2014 would have good support, and the only game we got was Mario Kart 8 in May.
Then they made the SAME PROMISE in 2015, and the only games we got in the first half were Kirby Rainbow Curse in March and Splatoon in May.
They dangled Zelda U in front of our faces for years, making promises that it was *definitely* coming out soon, only to give us a gimped version of a superior console's launch title.
The Wii U's lifespan will be less than 4.5 years by the time NX launches, but it really only got 2 years of support thanks to the droughts. Not even 2 "good" years, just 2 years total.
>>
>>336734548
>slog
I feel that the people that will get the most enjoyment out of it are the kind of people that will naturally pace themselves a bit slower than usual. It's a far more relaxed game than some might come to expect.

If you're just trying to buttrush through the main story and fuck everything else, of course it's going to feel like a bit of a slog, and extremely disappointing to boot. Xenoblade X's true value is in the shit you can do outside of the main quest - exploring, searching, challenging, questing.
>>
File: xenoblade-chronicles-x-art005.jpg (254 KB, 504x710) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x-art005.jpg
254 KB, 504x710
>>336733234
It isn't without flaws but it's the most fun I've had exploring a fictional world since the first time I played Morrowind well over a decade ago.
>>
>>336750465
I don't know about any other owners but I really loked my wii u. It got tons of amazing games and I'm really satisfied with it. But I guess my situation is different since I got console later in it's life cycle and didn't have to sit through the droughts.
>>
>>336746032
It really isn't. You sprint at a pace that would be on par or even faster than the world's fastest, and your vehicle is a transforming giant robot which tends to make everything feel way smaller than they actually are. If you simply walked at the slowest realistic pace you could, you'd probably get from the edge of Noctilum to the edge of Oblivia in the same amount of time as walking across Denver.

Just using the hopper cam will show you how much of an ant you are compared to the small sector of the region you're in, never mind the whole region, and forget the whole continent.
>>
>>336750820
I mean yeah I've been satisfied with it, sitting through the droughts was fucking painful but I did enjoy the few games it got.
I'm just not really happy that in less than a year I'll have to buy a new console if I want new Nintendo games. Hell, NX isn't coming out for almost a year and the only games left for Wii U are #FE and Zelda, the latter of which launches alongside NX and will be the inferior version.
>>
>>336733234

I put a good 50 hours into it and it still never really went anywhere. There's like a billion things to do but they all feel like "grind this to 100% because you can".

50 hours in and the best fucking item I can make is some shitty "extends the duration of one specific damage over time effect" augment. I have my skell, but it's way less interesting than fighting on food. Combat is less interesting than the first game for me because overdrive and soul voice just aren't as satisfying.

>>336739195
>Every sector in XCX has a mission to perform

That's a pretty huge overstatement.

>whether it's finding treasure, killing a tyrant, or finding a mining node

Wow, how exciting. Gotta love that the treasures are all pointlessly locked behind skills you have to grind out. I'm also a huge fan of digging though gigantic lists of gear trying to find the cosmetic I just found. It's a blast.
>>
>>336750465
That sounds silly. I got a lot of use out of my Wii U, and I'm surprised they put out that many games when from the get-go it was clear it would never sell well and that their only chance at selling better in the console market would be to release a newer console.

Just wait on getting an NX. I got a Wii U a year after release during Black Friday sales, and ended up getting it immediately with NSMBU+NSLU, Windwaker HD, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101 all at once. It was great.
>>
>>336751256
If you don't want the list, get rid of the gear you don't want. New items are also marked, they aren't hard to find even in a long list.
>>
>>336751256
Really? Overdrive's been really fun for me, once you get the hang of keeping it going and how to increase the counter or what different colored arts do during overdrive, it got really fun to me.

While chain attacks slowed things down and then relied on random chance to keep it going, overdrive made things so fast that it became hard to control, but everything was totally in your control to keep it going.
>>
>>336751394
My issue is that if I wait to get an NX I just won't have anything to play. I've already played all the games on Wii U worth playing, plus several that weren't worth playing like ZombiU.
>>
>>336751256
>grinding blade ranks
>having to hunt for cosmetics when the pure fashion gear is always at the bottom and all equipment is organized by rank
>combat is less satisfying even though the previous game was vastly slower and vastly more limited in options at every stage
Fascinating.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.