[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /v/ feel about destiny? Have you played the expansion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 31
File: image.jpg (822 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
822 KB, 1920x1200
How does /v/ feel about destiny? Have you played the expansion? Is it worth buying?
>>
the taken king is decent. I like it and im glad i bought it but it feels like it was overpriced for what it is. Extra subclasses, a few new story missions. That fucking cash shop is brutally homosexual though.
>>
Its not overwatch, nobody cares, off to page 15!
>>
>>336640792
cash shop addition is rumored to ease Bungie's costs for Destiny expansions - supposedly the next DLC will be free.

This game is extremely fun with friends. Therefore /v/ spent a year and a half shitting on it because it wasn't fun to them.

>>336641279
>Not Dark Souls 3
Off to page 15
>>
>>336640412
>worth buying

If you have friends that play and enjoy FPSs I'd say The Taken King is worth about 15 bucks.
>>
Probably the best FPS to release in the past 3 years. Not even trolling.
>>
>fps
>on console
its shit
>>
>>336640412
Really shit. With so many design choices that make absolutely no sense, like the totally arbitrary restrictions on ammunition.

Pains me to say so but even BL is better.
>>
>>336640412
It was fun and different at first. Then you realize how shit the story is. Then you run out of things to do once you've beaten the raid. Multiplayer is pretty toxic and broken.

The Taken King wasn't worth the release price even with the "extra hard" raid mode challenges and stronger versions of the raid weapons. Just added to the grind without really adding anything else like MULTIPLE strikes. I haven't gone back to it. I quit before the sparrow racing bullshit.

It's pretty dead. Not The Division dead but not far off. Activision and Bungie are both to blame.
>>
>>336642153
>fps
>on PC
>point and click on the enemies to win

Console objectively requires more skill when it comes to fps. Also, i find the genre more fun on consoles but thats my opinion.
>>
>>336640412
It's a dumb piece of shit, literally.
>>
>>336642269
>>336642715
Typical /v/. If its so dead why does it have over double the playerbase WoW did at its peak? 30 million people cant be wrong. Thats /v/ though, the game is popular so its automatically shit.
>>
>>336640412
Literally the most cancerous game in the industry with a toxic fanbase. Selling game parts as expansions and redacting game parts for paid substitutions. The Bungie zealotry will defend ever microtransactions and bad design to the death.
>>
>>336643349
>selling game parts as expansions
How is the new expansion any different than any expansion that has ever realeased in the history of video games? Or are you just saying expansions in general are cancerous shit?
>>
>>336643330
30 million console normies myself included with a fucking huge marketing budget pushing it as the next big thing.

It's dead. Even my irl buddies who had a close knit raid group that did everything to raids to Multiplayer and out hours and hours into the game doing everything and getting every raid weapon and armor piece on 3 characters don't even touch it anymore and have moved on.

it's not /v/ mindset that makes it shit it's the fact that it's grindy in a non-functional way with little content for too much money.

Sorry guy but the game isn't what everyone hoped it would be myself included.
>>
File: 1453161039684.png (50 KB, 251x246) Image search: [Google]
1453161039684.png
50 KB, 251x246
>>336643349
As someone who still plays this game I think the community is actually pretty friendly outside of the dumb kids on bnet. I don't have trouble finding groups for anything with +200 friends online playing every day.

>Literally the most cancerous game in the industry
>mfw

It's been over a year, I guess you missed every subsequent AAA release and the waves of shitposting they bring. It's not that bad tbqh
>>
>>336643875
>my friends and i beat the game therefore its shit
If it was shit why fid you throw so much time into it? Also...
>3 people i know stopped playing so therefore its dead
They are still selling copies like mad, google it. That 30 million is up from 25 million a few months earlier. Get on and search for a match right now. Go ahead i will wait. Its the fastest matchmaking its ever been. You are entitled to your opinion on whether or not the game is shit but just saying the game is dead doesnt make it fact. Neither does your sample size of *gasp* 3 entire people. Game is far from dead champ.
>>
I think Destiny is the best playing console FPS on the market, and possibly the best ever. Nothing feels as good as nailing headshots with a hand cannon or chaining supers in a strike. The gameplay is basically perfect. The problems I have with Destiny are the shitty microtransactions that are slowly creeping into actually affecting gameplay with them about an inch away from selling armor that matters, and the continued lack of post-major release support. The first 2 DLC packs in Year 1 were incredibly poor in terms of content, Taken King was a huge step in the right direction but there's been basically nothing new to do in Destiny since then (though the new April update is nice, its still quite slim). Timed holiday themed events are boring and so shallow they might as well not even exist, and SRL was a neat idea but not enough to make me want to keep playing. They need to figure out how to do regular, healthy content updates or this will be a game you play once every 4-6 months to see whats new.
>>
File: CgaLS8hWwAEmzCa.jpg orig.jpg (257 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CgaLS8hWwAEmzCa.jpg orig.jpg
257 KB, 1920x1080
Post your Guardians
>>
>>336643761
Because they're not expansions. They're content swaps. When you buy a Fallout expansion you get extra guns, enemies and story elements added onto the game. When you buy a Desting "expansion" they take out old parts and put in repainted models of the same things and the prior mission maps backwards
>>
>>336645287
>blocking your name
Is it because you're using a Suros or is it because you're scared the /dg/ elites will make fun of you for being a shitter in a raid?
>>
>>336640412
I play this game everyday.

I'm not sure if it's shit or good, and that's my opinion since the game released.
>>
>>336645450

>Revealing personal info on 4chan

Why don't I just go ahead and become a tripfaggot.?
>>
>>336644751
I still have this game on ps3 before I got a ps4, so I switch back and forth occasionally to play with friends who still haven't upgraded.

Matchmaking is still fucking fast. I'm in the top 1-2% and still don't have trouble finding people. I'm actually surprised by how many new players I see.

>>336645287
>still no rangefinder rifled barrel party crasher
It's not fair
>>
>>336640412
Only with friends unless you feel confident befriending the community.
>>
>>336640412

Put about 300+ hours and its solid.

I got my moneys worth but since January all I do is check to see what Exotics Xur has for sale on the weekends and log out if there is nothing good. Unless you really like PVP the game just won't last.
Raids are fun but its a pain if you don't have friends that play too because the matchmaking is only for PVP and Strikes.
>>
>>336644751
My entire friends list besides maybe 1 or 2 people have moved on. I had upwards to 80+ destiny friends from LFG to raid with and now it's down to maybe 2-3.

The cash shop and everything else cancerous that comes with Activision/MMOs will only get worse despite the communities opinion on it.

They nerfed weapons across the board for Pve and PvP like shotguns, auto rifles, handcannons for them being unbalanced in PvP. A PvP with already unbalanced classes with 1HKO supers.

a story where 90% of the lore is locked to Grimoire cards on the Bungie website.

"I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain"

PvE consists of a pretty limited amount of strikes with little reward besides Engram which is just more RNG thrown into a game where RNG is everywhere.
>>
Why in the blueberry fuck muffins would REMOVE content from the game? Why can't all strikes be in the heroic playlist? Taking on Sepiks Prime again would be a welcome release after doing nothing but fucking up the Restorative Mind and Omnigul countless times.
>>
>>336640412
>How does /v/ feel about OVERWATCH? Have you played the expansion? Is it worth buying?
>>
>>336646052
I'm just glad that 3oc can get you max level shit. I can just go into the legacy playlist, use a bunch of my year 1 guns I saved and still be rewarded for it.
>>
>>336646293
Engrams decrypt based on your light level when decrypting them. Its probably smarter to run easier/faster strikes for more efficient grinding in that regard, especially since Strikes still don't drop legendaries nearly as often as they should.
>>
Its shit.

The mp is broken, the networking is a joke, and after you've beat the game there's nothing to do but replay missions.

I have a LOT of problems with this game. I've played off and on since launch, taking breaks when the games broken me, or itself, to the point i want to throw the system away. No other game gets me this frustrated.

Currently putting the game on hold. This isn't a game you'll be playing for more than a month or two.
>>
File: CG9q6w4WQAA22fZ.jpg orig.jpg (195 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CG9q6w4WQAA22fZ.jpg orig.jpg
195 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw your Year 1 gunfu will never be brought into Year 2
>>
File: 142232592148.jpg (20 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
142232592148.jpg
20 KB, 600x200
>>336646495
>mfw my wonderful Secret Handshake will never get to dominate PvE again
>>
>The Taken King is transgender

Wow. Sooo progressive Bungie
>>
How do I get legendary marks? I didn't realise infusing items used them, and I accidentally bought some material from a vendor with the marks I had left.

Also, I appreciate the level boost item, but I feel completely lost on the story.
>>
File: pre-nerf exotic.png (154 KB, 717x443) Image search: [Google]
pre-nerf exotic.png
154 KB, 717x443
>>336646615
>this will never exist again

>>336646898
Do the daily missions and weekly activities. On the map screen, in the lower left is a bar of all the things that will give you marks. You can do the weekly PvP and Heroic Strikes 3 times per week to get the 10 marks each time, and the daily PvP and story mission will give you 15. Everytime you break down a legendary piece of gear, you also get 3 marks.
>>
>>336647086
pretty good roll anon

my SH had return to sender, spray and play with lightweight

made killing low tier trash mobs a breeze when that one bullet lasts for 5 kills, then you instantly reload and start the cycle all over again
>>
File: gunfu.png (133 KB, 713x495) Image search: [Google]
gunfu.png
133 KB, 713x495
>>336647086
>nerfed 1 month in
rip
>>
File: hide n seek.png (195 KB, 855x557) Image search: [Google]
hide n seek.png
195 KB, 855x557
>>336647321
Never much cared for Return to Sender until I used it in PvP and found out how well it actually worked.
>>
File: seal 7.jpg (105 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
seal 7.jpg
105 KB, 650x488
>>336645450
>/dg/ elites
>>
File: Seeing Xur's stock.png (266 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
Seeing Xur's stock.png
266 KB, 500x349
>>
>>336640412
overwatch has a better storyline desu
>>
File: stacking.png (61 KB, 707x566) Image search: [Google]
stacking.png
61 KB, 707x566
>>336646495
>>336646615
>kept my glitched double grenadier shotgun from the first month of the game
>still works

I sure love getting my grenades back every 3-4 kills
>>
>>336640412
For better or for worse, Destiny was hands down one of the best games I ever played. There's only so far they can go with shitty overpriced dlc and terrible balancing changes before I stopped having a good time but I persevered. Then they released TTK and it was good, but it was clear year one was a year long beta test and this was the actual game, which one completely ignored all year one players and I stopped after I beat KF. I miss you Destiny.
>>
>>336647918

>3-4 kills
>Not running Voidwalker

Literally infinite grenades
>>
It's shit. Lottery: the """""""""game""""""""".
>>
>>336648153
k
>>
>>336648153
>10 primary weapon engrams
>6 hand cannons, 1 pulse rifle and 3 material rewards
I just want a new scout rifle
>>
Why can't Patrol missions give decent amounts of faction rep? It would kill two birds with one stone.

1. Give us a way of grinding faction levels
2. Give us a reason to go on Patrol

As it currently stands, Patrol and even the daily bounties are absolutely not worth wasting your time doing.

Also, the exotic class items that give "faction boosts" are dogshit. They take forever to get and only end up giving you a 5% boost.
>>
>>336646842
Sequential hermaphroditism is a real thing in a lot of species. I honestly think they just did that to make an alien species weird.

Also, the fact that that's buried in the grimoire (and doesn't even have attention drawn directly to it) makes me really doubt they did it for progressive points.
>>
>>336648718
>Also, the fact that that's buried in the grimoire (and doesn't even have attention drawn directly to it) makes me really doubt they did it for progressive points.

Because they fucking didn't you cockmongering conspiracy theorist. Not every inclusion of a character that isn't a straight white male isn't a fucking ploy to get good boy points from theoretical feminist overlords, jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>336640412
>How does /v/ feel about destiny?
Environments are gorgeous, the soundtrack is solid and it feels good to shoot things. However the story is non-existent unless you dig through the grimoire cards and all the missions play out exactly the same. (Run here, shoot aliens, run here, scan panel, fend off waves of aliens, wait 30 seconds to return to HQ and repeat)
>Have you played the expansion?
Yes because the game is a complete fucking snoozefest without it.
>Is it worth buying?
If you don't mind grindy shooters like BL2 and Warframe then sure, but make sure to get the Legendary(?) Edition.
>>
>>336648898
Shouldn't you be sperging at the guy I replied to, instead of me? I disagreed with him.
>>
>>336649174
No because his post was obviously fucking bait and idiotic retards like you are the ones that always fucking respond to it.
>>
>>336649320
You seem upset.
>>
>>336645552

Are you some kind of newfriend?

Nobody, literally nobody, gives a shit about you.
>>
Its shit. Literally the worst game to have ever been created in the past 20 years.
>>
>>336649735
why?
>>
>>336643330
I didnt say it was dead I said it was shit, idiot.
>>
>>336649993
It's a grindy mess. The entire game is focused around grinding. Grind for hours for a better gun or set of armor so you can grind for more hours for a better gun or set of armor. Literally the only good thing about this game is the multiplayer, but if you aren't using a super good weapon that you needed to grind for, fuck you, you aren't gonna stand a chance.
>>
>>336640412
the /vg/ thread is the worst thing on 4chan

never venture there
>>
If Destiny was on PC or, if I never had a PC and only consoles, I would play the everloving shit out of it. Put a little under 100 hours into it anyway, before the DLC. The game is an MMO but tries so hard not to be that it honestly hurts the overall experience. If the game had a matchmaker for raids or some sort of INTERNAL way of communicating that would improve its QoL substantially.

The gunplay just feels so good. Say what you want about Bungie, but they know how to make satisfying feeling mechanics. That's legitimately nearly the whole reason I played as long as I did.
>>
>>336650924
This. I have a little under 1k hours and I stopped shortly after The Taken King released. I'm not sure what it did to spark my autism but I ended up with 23 characters or something.
>>
File: th.jpg (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
8 KB, 300x300
NO TROLLING ALLOWED.
i'm new and i just did the refer a friend thing and i hit level 40 and i'm picking my sword. Arc void or solar. no trolls pls guise.
>>
>>336651751
4chan is an +18 website.
>>
>>336651751
Arc for PvP, Solar for PvE.
>>
>>336640412
Stop shilling this westacuck dogshit
>>
>>336650159
>>336650373

++YOU MUST TURN BACK—
—SAVE YOURSELVES FROM THE DEEP++
++SAVE THE WORLD FROM YOURSELVES—
—YOU MUST TURN BACK++
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 350x376) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 350x376
>tfw no Security helmet so I can pull off the Marathon look
>>
>>336640412
>enjoyed Halo in my teens
>own a PS4
>get Destiny because it supposedly feels like Halo
>it does
>having fun
>reach a point where I'm getting raped in PVE if I don't sit in a corner and cheese
>bring in some other public players
>they rush through, not even taking in the content
>obviously just farming
This is when I stopped playing. If you have friends who are interested in playing it, get it. But I'm mostly a PC gamer and don't have any friends with PS4's, so I had to resort to public matchmaking for team mates and those team mates really suck the fun out of the game. Nothing matters to those people. I was enjoying the environments, the enemy designs, the gunplay and the music, but all these people care about is whizzing through so they can get a chance to roll some dice and watch some numbers go up.
>>
I wish I could get the time I spent on it back, I don't even care about the money I just want back the year it wasted.
>>
>>336651751
Same shit
>>
File: image.jpg (379 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
379 KB, 1920x1080
>>336652339
I feel that way too, sometimes, about just appreciating the worlds they've made, instead of just blazing through and getting everything done
>>
>>336651828
look mother fucker I"ve been lurking since 2006 since the glory days. I thought I'd ask. Just for shits and gigs. u made me respond. bravo. now gfy
>>
>>336640412
>play Destiny
>super rare Revolver with 40 damage, 6 rounds and an attack speed of 1 shot per second
>compare it to my white SMG
>8 damage, 30 shot magazine, shoots 5x times per second

And that's the point where I've stopped playing and I'm pretty sure everyone else who can tell what is wrong with this data would also quit. What's the point even if nothing what you find even matters?
>>
>>336652339
It's a loot game senpai. Get like minded friends or quit playing. I'm not here to soak in the scenery and haven't been since the first month of the game.
>>
>>336652870
There are no SMGs in Destiny
>>
>>336650373
Killzone yourself my man
>>
>>336653051
why? he's right /dg/ is the epitome of cancer
>>
File: image.jpg (306 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306 KB, 1920x1080
>>336652623
Would you want to live on Mars, /v/?
>>
File: 1461642362346.gif (2 MB, 1200x810) Image search: [Google]
1461642362346.gif
2 MB, 1200x810
Destiny 2 needs:

>More planets and environments
>This planets/environments to feel more dynamic and not so damn static (get a fucking weather system, wildlife, and friendly NPC's in there for fucks sake)
>Get rid of the stupid ass Tower thing. It's just another loading screen between me and the next mission giver/shop/my vault, etc. If you want a social hub let players have their own. Make it so ships are private social hubs, sort of like Warframe. If you're not going to make space battles than it will give ships a function.
>loot system needs more randomized elements. it doesn't need to go full retard like Borderlands but I don't want to get the exact same rocket launcher 100 times.
>triple the amount of exotic loot.
>make it so you can run into friends in the open world and invite randoms to fireteams without seeing a loading screen (division solved this issue why can't bungie?)
>up player count in PvP and make big maps
>some sort of forge thing
>not us truly play fashion-destiny and let us mix and match armor rarities without it effecting our effectiveness in certain game types and so that every one doesnt look the same at higher levels

Just my wishlist
>>
>>336653005
would you prefer the term "thing that shoots really fast gun" instead? The point is still there and I don't see the point of it when it's a loot based game where you essentially get variants of guns that all have the same DPS.
>>
>>336653131
>this mad you got booted from a Zippy approved Alpha Team (C) bvdrama188 raid ERP session
Shard yourself
>>
>>336653274
here's your (you)
>>
File: image.jpg (654 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
654 KB, 1920x1080
>>336653173
>>
>>336640412
It's fun for a console shooter.
Wish they would stop balancing guns for PvP though, fucking faggots.
>>
>>336653330
He's not wrong. /dg/ is nowhere near as bad as some of the other generals on /vg/. You're just a /dg/ only faggot.
>>
>>336653197
The weapons only have similar DPS in normal PvP where weapon damage is normalized
>>
>>336653509
nah man it's shit
>>
>>336653330
oh i see it's just kazuto crying for attention dw daddy awesomeness will be there in the morning c:
>>
>>336653574
Yea it's shit, but there's 10 more pages of shit under it
>>
File: 1339779235083.jpg (55 KB, 862x892) Image search: [Google]
1339779235083.jpg
55 KB, 862x892
>>336651867
>mfw I picked void because the name sounded cooler
>>
>>336652339
as a heavy player of Destiny, both PvP and PvE, I can tell you that the community and matchmaking suck donkey dick. So many turboscrubs out there it's phenomenal. Luckily I had a large group of about me and 9 friends playing on PS4 so we had more than enough to get all the content done and then some.
>>
>>336653131
Blacklisted and reported to alpha team
>>
File: image.jpg (582 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
582 KB, 1920x1080
>>336653340
>>
>>336653190
>More planets and environments
Yes

>This planets/environments to feel more dynamic and not so damn static (get a fucking weather system, wildlife, and friendly NPC's in there for fucks sake)
YES

>Get rid of the stupid ass Tower thing. It's just another loading screen between me and the next mission giver/shop/my vault, etc. If you want a social hub let players have their own. Make it so ships are private social hubs, sort of like Warframe. If you're not going to make space battles than it will give ships a function.
The Tower isn't that bad, but it needs to be expanded and each guardian should get their own living quarters they can customize. Kinda like GTA V, I suppose.

>loot system needs more randomized elements. it doesn't need to go full retard like Borderlands but I don't want to get the exact same rocket launcher 100 times.
I think that only happens during special events, but RNG needs to be retooled either way.

>triple the amount of exotic loot.
Triple? Really dude? That's way too fucking much. They'd have to retire old Exotics like they did before.

>make it so you can run into friends in the open world and invite randoms to fireteams without seeing a loading screen (division solved this issue why can't bungie?)
Yeah, I don't get why that's a thing. From the same people that let you instantly move shit from character to character on a mobile app, no less.

>up player count in PvP and make big maps
Why? Go play Battlefield 4.

>some sort of forge thing
Why? This isn't Halo? Crucible actually has an element of lore to it. Don't fuck with it.

>not us truly play fashion-destiny and let us mix and match armor rarities without it effecting our effectiveness in certain game types and so that every one doesnt look the same at higher levels
That's why you have the infusion system if you really fucking care what you look like.

Nigga, add space battles and call it good.
>>
>>336648635
theres actually incentive to run patrols now, have oyu played since the april update?
>>
>>336648635
>not realising they have rep boosters now
>>
>>336653659
Turboscrubs or Tryhards? Both are cancerous to vidya.
>>
>>336654140
B
O
T
H
!
>>
>>336654058

What incentive? Shit seems the same to me.
>>
>>336654058
what's the incentive?
>>
>>336654183
>>336654223
patrols are the best way to grind faction rep
>>
>>336654131

If you're burning a rep booster you're not going to waste it on Patrol; you're going to go into the heroic strike playlist
>>
>>336652870
>shoots 5 times per second
yeah with bullet impact being way lower than a handcanno. are you dumb anon? impact is dependent on rate of fire fast rof= low impact. damage rating is for vs enemy levels. how are you mad at this?
>>
>>336654261

20 rep per mission? No thank you. That's 125 missions just to level up once.
>>
>>336654379
you can do them faster than strikes or crucru though
>>
>>336654223
way more rep. 2 scan/scout/vip beacons rep= heroic strike rep. 3 kill/collect stuff beacons=one heroic strike rep. put some music on, take in the scenery, relish the sound of ether wooshing out of fallen enemies as they drop, pop a rep booster. enjoy. youll rank up quick as, relatively speaking.
>>
>>336654379
its 40 rep per beacon, 55 for scout/scan missions, even more for vip ones
>>336654534
>>336654417
>>336654379
ALL REP GAINS HAVE BEEN DOUBLED SINCE PATCH 2.2 and INFUSION EQUATION IS NOW 1:1
>>
>>336643349
> Selling game parts as expansions
> Selling game expansions
> Sellinge expansions

Sorry to break it to you buddy, but this has been happening sice 2007.
>>
If you've got a shit-ton strange coins, trade them with Xur for heavy ammo synth. One coins gets you 3 synths which are worth 25 faction rep each. So 33 strange coin = 1 faction level.

Varriks also sells heavy ammo synth for ether seeds when you're rank 3 with him
>>
games a blast desu. i raided and do trials regularly but havent touched either since december, and i only play solo now but im still having just as much fun thanks to the new update. crucrus pretty balanced now too, for the first time since launch.

only minuses are ammo reserves and heavy ammo all round is just screwed and needs to be looked at again. heavily. npi.
>>
>>336654763
due to the delay on buying shit from xur, this might be slower than patrols
>>
http://guardian.gg/

>615,000 crucible players logged in the past day

How does Bungie do it 20 months in, the absolute madmen?
>>
>>336654792
>pretty balanced now
>everyone and their mother slides around with a shotgun
>>
>>336640412
It was ok i just kinda quit a month after the taken king.
>>
>>336654940
are you saying pressing x for 0.7s 33 times is slower than ranking up via patrol?
>>
>>336655036
Shotguns are about as bad as they can possibly be while still being usable. Quit crying.
>>
>>336655104
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+a+joke
>>
Haven't played since early Year 1.

First time I've picked it up since.

I'm a noob now.

I'm not a robot
>>
>>336655036
and fusion rifles. and sidearms. and snipers.
and hawksaw in the primary slot. along with tlw, hawkmoon, eyasluna. doctrine, mida, pdx. more variety than ever imo. multiple in every class.
>>
>>336655397
I don't see hardly any sidearms.
I see a good amount of snipers and maybe a small touch of fusion rifles.
>>
>>336655036
>complaining about shotguns
part of the problem tbhfam
>nerfed draw speed
>nerfed ads speed
>nerfed reload speed
>nerfed stability
>nerfed range
>nerfed or removed perks
literally whats left???
>>
File: b09.gif (286 KB, 500x443) Image search: [Google]
b09.gif
286 KB, 500x443
im still waiting on someone to make a program where you can put all armors on for a class to see what they look like

>mfw i will never see my warlock with Obsidian Mind, Void Fang vestments and Nothing Manacles
>>
>>336655478
nerf sliding
>>
>>336655543
just look up photoshops of them
>>
>>336655569
nah should be buffed to compensate for all these nerfs desu
>>
File: 1447607937782.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1447607937782.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>336655618
it's not the same anon!

it's like someone saying that you have to suck their nipples, but then they hand you a nipple shaped pacifier!

IT DOESN'T FEEL AUTHENTIC
>>
File: 1318283767741s.jpg (2 KB, 113x127) Image search: [Google]
1318283767741s.jpg
2 KB, 113x127
>We might just be a Vex simulation
>>
>>336640412
>less than 50 posters
The game is fucking horrible
Please don't be fooled by the poor faggots desperately samefagging about a skinner box treadmill rng based console fps with cash shops
>>
>>336655741
fine, but only if sidearms get buffed and sliding gets nerfed
>>
File: image.png (309 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
309 KB, 640x1136
>>336655395
Forgot picture.
>>
>>336655778
can't simulate warminds or guardians anon, but they can somehow simulate Oryx back when he was a chick
>>
>>336655474
> I don't see hardly any sidearms.

This sentence is a paradox and semantically null.

Learn grammar you fucking gravel monkey.
>>
>>336655778
what a waste of processing power
>>
>We're being oppressed by Microsoft forcing us to make Halo because it's successful
>Let's buy ourselves from them and then sign a contract with Activision to make a crappy pseudo-mmo shooter no one cares about for 10 years
What the fuck was Bungie thinking?
>>
>>336655965
>why aren't you typing proper english at 3 in the morning on your cambodian woodcutting forums
oh fuck off
>>
>>336655997
>implying that a multi-dimensional hive mind AI species across multiple timelines don't have infinite processing power

you can't waste the infinite
>>
>>336655762
is this late onset autism

dont worry anon ill look after you
>>
Just play warframe it's free and you basically do the same shit anyway, only with a better movement and combat system
>>
I bought both collectors editions
Have logged over 700+hours
Made all 3 classes and got them all to the highest light level
Played Everything up until the first half of Taken King before the increased the light level again

It's a fucking shit game don't buy it unless you unironically can't play anything else
>>
>>336656205
what games do you play now
>>
>>336655826
whats so bad about it beyond being about loot grinding, which is almost a subgenre by now and scratches my autist collecting itch
>>
>>336640412
The drop system is still underwhelming, picked it back up recently. But after 4 days losing the enthusiasm. The problem is they never integrated lore into their world, all on an internet database. Till this day I've never understood the logic behind it, Also the fault in the world layout, there is never enough people, and there should be a sense of helping people out to get to where they want / in their situation.

Social gaming without even a lounge all chat area, it's retarded as fuck. The needed proximity chat / lounges like PS2 for this game to work, and a more interesting lobby / city.

Just input a mute punishment flag system, stop babying the gaming world.
>>
>>336656205
you put 700 hrs in and then its shit? also there was no increased LL post ttk until like 3 weeks ago, what are you on about anon?
>>
>>336656445
bungies too stupid to make any major changes for the sake of improvement when they can, they have to wait to bundle it with an expansion, or with the stuff you listed, the sequel
>>
File: Titan.jpg (130 KB, 780x837) Image search: [Google]
Titan.jpg
130 KB, 780x837
>>336645287
Stopped playing two months or so before the Racing event.
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 750x1063) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 750x1063
>>336656263
Just about anything now I guess I haven't had a game that I logged as many hours as Destiny ever however

Just clocked 120hours of DaS3 so far and catching up some Vita games I missed out on last year

Maybe one day I'll play my unfinished 3DS games too

>>336656494
That's what I meant I stopped playing TKK before that update new Light level update,320 was the light level before that right ? That's what my guardians ended up after the challenge raids

It was addictive game for me at first I never played anything like it before never played a Real MMO or actually been good at FPS until Destiny came around so I had "fun" for a bit while I slowly slowly realize I was just doing the same shit over and over again and it just got old to me in retrospect I feel all those hours could have gone to my backlog of other games
>>
>>336653190
Destiny 2 needs Bungie's arrogance to be removed, otherwise I do not think even Activision bux will be able to convert the Youtube streamers to advert the game.
>>
>>336640412
I wouldn't buy it now, something will probably get announced at E3. It's pretty fun, and I used to play it heaps with my friends, but at it's current price, it's better to just wait for the next expansion/destiny 2
>>
>>336656086
> On 4chan at 3 in the morning.

You need to be concentrating on school instead of this shitty site.

Ha, nothing personnel, kid.
>>
>>336640412
The biggest cash scam in the history of video games and I fell for the hype.
>>
>>336658256
This isn't CS:GO you noodle
>>
flood was here
>>
File: received_1261608897200830.jpg (92 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
received_1261608897200830.jpg
92 KB, 1920x1080
This is the only picture I have on my phone, so no gear.
>>
>>336658968
>B.Lind
At least they put black background in recently goddamn but are you having fun with your murdered site
>>
>>336659286
>implying i'm on THAT flood
>>
>>336643330
>citation needed

Show me a single reputable site with Destiny's player numbers.
>>
>>336659917
http://destinytracker.com/destiny/population

It took me literally a second to Google, and they have quite a reputable and active community.

Now go slit your own wrists you drongo cunt.
>>
>>336640412
I quit after they nerfed all of the fun weapons to the point where PVE became a reloading simulator. It's an endless string of the same bullet sponges you've being shooting all year,except now they take twice as long to kill.
On top of that, all the new weapons are shit in comparison to the old ones, and they even ruined all the old armour so it's useless even in year one activities.
The game is designed to be addictive and time consuming and has fuck all content. It's not worth the money or the time.
>>
>>336660316
> I quit

You should have just stopped there.

No point in justifying your bitch-like behaviour because Bungie hurt your feelings.

You fucking man-child
>>
As an essentially day one player, buying this game was my most regretful video game purchase ever. Not worth the $120 that I spent on the game + 2 DLC.

Might be better value now with the legendary edition on sale though.
>>
>>336660235
>This data refreshes every 15 minutes. Stats are from Destinytracker's tracked gamers, not entire population.

Please. For the love of god. Go get your daddy's shotgun, put it in your mouth, and pull the fucking trigger.
>>
>>336659917
http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=969556
ctrl+f for destiny, shows that it has nearly 30 million players
>>
>>336660780
If you had spent more than 3 mins on the site, you would find the "Current Online Players" and "Regular Players" statistic, you dense fuckhead.

I shouldn't be too harsh on some drongo cunt who was beaten as a child and neglected daddy's love.

It's ok though, you can project as much as you want on 4chan, you little faggot cunt.

Also, my father has no shotgun.

Where I live, we don't need firearms to settle our issues.

Too bad your down syndrome ass country does though, you fucking failure of a country.

Neck yourself you fucking dumb ass Wallabee
>>
>>336661436
>Wallabee
Too far.
>>
File: Cattura.png (448 KB, 1039x767) Image search: [Google]
Cattura.png
448 KB, 1039x767
>>
File: 1461486299326.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461486299326.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
Eh I had been playing it regularly since The Taken King dropped and enjoyed the April Update but I've lost the drive to play it recently. I think I've burnt myself out and have kinda reached the end of the game's content for now.

>mfw I still haven't gotten a Zen Meteor, the last exotic weapon I need
>>
File: uppdvb.png (174 KB, 249x433) Image search: [Google]
uppdvb.png
174 KB, 249x433
It bothers me that the best looking warlock chest armor is a blue
>>
causal cancer. If you're not 2+ kd then kill yourself
>>
I see Stockholm Syndrome is nice this time of night.

If you believe in what Bungie stood for, if you like good games, if you refuse to endorse shady business practices, you're better off skipping this garbage.

Remember Joe, remember Marty.
>>
>>336661436

Where is the Current Online Players statistic?
>>
>>336665363

Marty screwed Marty.
>>
>>336665121
You can get a legendary version of it in Trials, though it does have some trial symbols on it
>>
>>336644691
Nah, the community is fucking insufferable. There's a reason it's called the bungie defense force, I think they'd let the devs fuck their wives/mommies then even pay them for the privilege.
>>
File: 1383942548843.png (163 KB, 378x413) Image search: [Google]
1383942548843.png
163 KB, 378x413
It's ok.
>>
>>336664865
Fucking casual I swear
>>
File: Destiny_20160506030340.jpg (199 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Destiny_20160506030340.jpg
199 KB, 1920x1080
>>336664865
It's cool but not anywhere as good as Black Spilndle in term of dps.
>>
>>336643040

Auto-aim correction for casual console user

>skill
Thats As much skill as heating a hotpocket
>>
>>336644691
>it's not that bad

They took out so much content from the base game pre-release, that apparently they're going to be putting shit that we knew about from the 2013 E3, into destiny 2. I mean, fuck. The devs don't even have to try, they just make1 game, cut it into 1/3rd then sell the rest as DLC and a sequal.
ffs, bungie apologists are mind numbing.
>>
>>336652339
Destiny requires playing the same fucking missions over and over. You would be rushing through levels too if you're playing through them for the 50th fucking time. If you want to take it slow you need to play with people that are new to the game too.
>>
The game was definitely fun at first, but now looking back at it, I've finally realized why it's been floundering so hard lately.

Instead of expanding the universe and making new content for people to really enjoy based on the reason they bought the game, all tweaks, balancing, events and highlights are PVP focused.
>>
>>336667693
>expanding the universe and making new content
Exactly, Destiny is the kind of game which needs constant content updates, not one Taken King-esque large expansion every year. Bungie underestimates how fast players chug through new content, everything the Taken King had to offer was shown by October.
>>
>>336666707
Not all fps have auto aim on console. Even with it, its not as easy as pointing and clicking with a mouse. This is coming from a CS source addict.
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.