[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's happening again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 109
File: nintendo-e3-2016-site.jpg (221 KB, 1583x752) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-e3-2016-site.jpg
221 KB, 1583x752
Holy shit, anyone else as fucking hyped as back then with Twilight Princess?

Except this time we KNOW this world will be non-linear, huge and stuffed with things. And since it's a 3D Zelda, it will have great dungeons. That's all Zelda needs.

This world will be Zelda pure, this atmosphere, fuck.

Hope you guys have already sold your shitty Wii U on Ebay and will buy the NX for it. No way I'll play this at 720p.
>>
but we don't know shit
>>
They'll fuck it up somehow. Just play ALBW if you want classic, mostly non-linear gameplay Zelda.
>>
>>336581880
This

You're not allowed to be excited for things on /v/ just play the old shit.
>>
>>336581718
We know enough, desu.

Non-linear world, it will follow ALBW but Nintendo will try to not make the same mistakes again, exploration, can just float with that Deku Leaf like item, climb everything, swim, find shit everywhere. It won't be like Zelda SS in any way which was the opposite of open.

Huge Zelda dungeons + open world with Zelda atmosphere, doesn't even matter if it will be empty (WW was empty as fuck and people love it), Zelda has dungeons to make up for emptiness.

Honestly, hype. Just hype.
>>
>inb4 the NX is a suped up handheld and all of the WiiU detractors hang themselves as the NX port is inferior
>>
>>336581602
two scenarios:

>nintendo has lost their fucking minds, show a shitty, broken game to the public that's been almost 2 years since it's first official release date, nintendo made a laughing stock at E3 again

>the zelda game is literally the second coming of christ, will blow every other game shown at E3 out of the water, and nintendo is forgiven

Which do you think would be more likely /v/?
>>
File: advantschuuua.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
advantschuuua.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>336581602
Just hype, I don't see anything that can go wrong. It won't be perfect but it will be a worthy Zelda, at least on par with WW for sure, definitely many WRPG influences and many sidequests à la Majoras Mask, they already hinted this.

Hype this shit up.
>>
>>336582129
*been delayed
>>
Everything we know about Zelda U.

https://www.pinterest.com/allytogood/zelda-whats-new/
>>
>>336582129
More likely is 2 sincei t's LE ZELDAAA, people even got hyped for the awful SS presentation back then just for this reason alone.

However, normies on /v/ and NeoGAF will shit on it a lot because graphics, it for sure won't have Witcher 3 geometry or realism, people will nag a lot. You shouldn't care, though.

There never was a Zelda since OoT that was so close to what people actually wanted from a 3D Zelda based on what we know so far.
>>
Hype this shit up. These days games like Uncharted 3 and 4 are considered 10/10 action adventures.

Give Zelda your love again.
>>
>>336582629
>>
>>336582629

I'm sure Zelda will be fine, but honestly it's hard to get excited for anything Zelda related when Nintendo keeps dropping bomb after bomb of disappointing/bad news.
>>
>>336582753
What you mean?
>>
>>336582853
confirmed no digital event
>>
File: 1460942167509.gif (3 MB, 515x394) Image search: [Google]
1460942167509.gif
3 MB, 515x394
I know that this Zelda game will be good.
I know it for a fact, there's not even the slightest shred of doubt in my mind.

Nintendo fucked up though. It has taken a ridiculous amount of time to finish and due to that, I never bought a Wii U. I know I'm not alone either in having Zelda as a title that literally sells a system to me. Now I'm gonna skip the Wii U and go for the NX for sure.

Unlike most other people though, I'm not so sad about seeing Zelda be the only focus of E3. I mean is it a mistake for Nintendo to go that route? I would definitely say yes, I'm pretty sure people like me are the minority on being fine with what we're getting (Providing it is a meaty as fuck demo).

tl;dr -
The game is going to be absolutely amazing, but the time it has taken still pisses me off. Feels like fucking forever since I've last played a 3D Zelda.
I fucking swear though, if this game is bad, I will never forgive Nintendo. They've had all the time in the world to finesse the ever living fuck out of this game so there's no excuse. This is an important as fuck game for them, especially considering all of the backlash they've (rightfully) been receiving lately.
>>
>>336581602
2 cents have been deposited into your account, good goy :)

Why won't those faggots at nintendo put their fucking games on anything other than their shitty, underpowered consoles? I grow tired of having to wait years to emulate because I don't feel like throwing away 300 bucks on a one-game machine.
>>
>>336582853

Despite how barebones last year was, they have even LESS to show this year at E3 than ever, to the point where they arn't even doing a press conference/direct. Zelda is literally all they have to show for an entire year of work, no new game announcements are coming for either the 3DS or Wii U.

The Wii U is dead pretty much confirmed dead and has no good games coming until Zelda NEXT year, unless you somehow think Color Splash or #weebshit will be good.

Even then, the Wii U's last game is not a crossgen multiplat. That means that the Wii U will be the first Nintendo home console without it's own Zelda game, and to make it worse the Wii U version will probably be the inferior port.

And to top it all of, Nintendo has such little confidence in their new platform that they're afraid to show it off at the biggest gaming event this side of the planet (even though they promised to last year) despite it being ready for release in less than a year leading many to think that something has gone horribly wrong behind the scenes. Shaping up to maybe be the Wii U 2.0.

It's a rough time to be a Nintendo fan.
>>
>>336581602
The most hyped I've ever been for a game was Skyward Sword and that shit sucked so bad that it turned me off of Zelda and even Nintendo in general to a certain degree.

So no, if this turns out to be good then cool, but I expect it'll be shit just like 90% of what post 2010 Nintendo churns out.
>>
I'd like to play it the day it comes out, so I'm keeping my Wii U.
>>
no way they can fuck this up with all the delays. sticking with my wiiu not getting burned again.
>>
>>336582048
It's like people are too stupid to see the obvious. They wouldn't dedicate E3 to the inferior version of Zelda U.
>>
File: Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-143875.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1198) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-143875.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1198
>>336583246
As stated in OP, Zelda U will also come out for NX which most definitely will be powerful enough for a game with this art style. Amazing art design and use of colors is really the most important factor here, I'm sure Nintendo will nail it.

The only thing that could fuck it up is the shit resolution it will probably have on Wii U, same with Xeno. Ignore this version.
>>
>>336581602
>The same pic from 2 years ago
They're not even trying anymore.
>>
>>336583496
>Despite how barebones last year was, they have even LESS to show this year at E3 than ever, to the point where they arn't even doing a press conference/direct. Zelda is literally all they have to show for an entire year of work, no new game announcements are coming for either the 3DS or Wii U.
You don't know this and I think it's doubtful.

However, I don't see why this or the rest of your post would make you more skeptical towards this specific game. It's not the fault of the EAD people that work on Zelda that the Wii U doesn't sell well.
>>
>>336583779
>He doesn't know NX is a handheld
>>
>>336581889
>>336581889
>>336581889
leaked
>>
>>336584067
the nx isnt a fucking handheld
3ds is doing fine
wii u is dead

which one do you realistically think is going to get replaced first?
>>
>>336584026

I said Zelda would probably be alright, but that all of the bullshit surrounding it made it hard for me to get excited about anything Nintendo related.
>>
>>336581602
Judging from Link's character model I don't care for the art direction of the character models. Environment looks alright. Aside from that it's hard to have any opinion. We know very little aside from a supposedly large world, but big things aren't always fun to explore and the dungeons could turn out in any possible way. I thought ALBW was the best Zelda game in a long time, but I don't have any real hype for this.
>>
>>336584020
Except it's

not a pic

Click the link. You can control the camera. It's almost like playing the actual game, except through a computer.

Nintendo are marketing geniuses.
>>
Let's be real here. Aonuma is not interested in making a traditional Legend of Zelda. It's going to be more of his crappy Zelda, except this time with an empty overworld and gimmicks, like bullet time. At best, it will be better than Skyward Sword, which honestly is nothing to brag about.

Also, enjoy NX being either a handheld or a piss weak home console. The thing's all but confirmed to be using ARM processor, which is shit they put in smartphones.
>>
>>336584136
>He doesn't know NX will replace home consoles so Nintendo can only work on one.
>>
>>336584213
What link
>>
>>336584294
I actually would not mind that desu.
Nintendo have always won in the handheld department, so perhaps they should just stick to that shit and let Sony and Microsoft (lol) fight for home console superiority.
>>
File: snow dungeon non-linearity tp.png (2 MB, 1495x581) Image search: [Google]
snow dungeon non-linearity tp.png
2 MB, 1495x581
>>336583523
>The most hyped I've ever been for a game was Skyward Sword and that shit sucked so bad that it turned me off of Zelda and even Nintendo in general to a certain degree.
All the big flaws were predictable, though, we just didn't WANT to see them. The first trailer already showed there won't be an organic world which already was a must have for a Zelda game in 2011, it was likely the game will have some kind of Mario level select overworld, it will focus on motion controls and have ugly graphics.

Zelda U will literally be Skyrim: Zelda Edition. We know this already. And while I absolutely hate Skyrim, this is exactly what Zelda needs. Zelda has the exact elements that are needed to make up for all the flaws Skyrim has. It basically has the enzyme Bethesda games themselves are missing for this kind of open world design. It has those huge, complex dungeons that make up for the emptiness, unique characters (instead of generic ones) and short but lovely cutscenes.

>>336584224
>except this time with an empty overworld and gimmicks
So like Wind Waker again? Great. I hoped so.

Zelda can easily compensate for an empty but atmospheric open world, it has this meaty dungeon design. No other AAA game these days even tries to do such dungeons anymore. That's why they usually all suck at open world while it's exactly what Zelda needs (after a fucking two hours dungeon).
>>
File: wait.....webm (2 MB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
wait.....webm
2 MB, 960x640
>>336584481
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (171 KB, 1023x576) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
171 KB, 1023x576
>>336584224
You take things too seriously.

Nobody cares how powerful the console running Zelda is, as long as they can play it.
>>
>>336584213
>control the camera
It's just a shitty mp4 set to loop, slightly zoomed in so it moves with your mouse
I'm mad at the fact that it's so shitty quality. Even the promo images when you scroll down are taken from the video and are blurry.
One would think that Nintendo should be able to shit out some better quality images from their own game.
>>
>>336581997
WW wasn't anywhere nearly as empty as people make it out to be.
>>
I'd bet $200 that what they show will be something completely new. this always happens with Nintendo after they don't show anything of a game for years, they reannounce it and it's something reworked from the ground up.
>>
>>336584643
>Nobody cares how powerful the console running Zelda is, as long as they can play it.
We already know it's for Wii U, and will run fine on that console. That's all we need to know.
>>
So enemys will now have a health bar. I have mixed feelings with this
>>
>>336584224
Everybody that isn't a jaded fuck will tell you that Skyward Sword, for all its flaws, had some genuinely great parts.

Lanayru Desert areas were all extremely good. Shame the forest and mountain areas were utter shit.
The dungeons in Skyward Sword are some of the best in Zelda period. Ancient Cistern, Sandship, and Fire Sanctuary to name a few.

The layers and layers of padding is what really killed Skyward Sword though. That opening section of the game was honestly painful. How long did it take before we even got to the first dungeon? Like 4 fuckings hours or something?
Those long intro sections are fucking garbage and SS is not the only Zelda game guilty of them (just the worst offender).
We need to go back to Link waking up, finding a sword and shield, and then GOING ON HIS FUCKING ADVENTURE. No, I don't want to run errands for the fucking villagers for 4 hours, I want to run around and explore you fucking stupid chinks.
>>
>>336584838
>So enemys will now have a health bar.
Where are you getting this from?
>>
>>336584397
http://e3.nintendo.com/#
>>
I can't wait for the interesting villian and supporting cast to be dropped halfway through because "IT WAS MUH GANONDORF"

Like, why is Zelda so obsessed with rehashing that asshole? HE'S FUCKING BOOOOORING
>>
File: 156453249332.png (247 KB, 398x397) Image search: [Google]
156453249332.png
247 KB, 398x397
>>336581602
>is anyone else hyped as fuck.

After SS and just the overall steady decline the franchise has been undergoing the last 10 years.... not really, no.

Cautiously optimistic, if even then.
>>
>>336584682
But there is a 0% chance Zelda U will be as empty as WW (which the majority loves).

So, generally speaking, people are exaggerating a lot when it comes to emptiness being bad for open worlds IN GENERAL. An open world is allowed to be somewhat empty, it's OK, it's supposed to emulate freedom, scale and a believable world. It should be atmospheric. Now the trick is to compensate for the emptiness somehow. You can't just put unlimited of assets and obstacles into an open world, it would be a clusterfuck and confuse, no, annoy the player, it would end up becoming a chore, every time you enter the open world, you feel obligated to clearing some shit and you see like 20 different things to clear, it will make your head explode. Saints Row 4 is actually a good example for this.

Zelda makes up for this with its dungeons, this is what WW did, this is what OoT did, this is what Zelda U will do.
>>
>>336584893
youtube gameplay footage cant remember exact vid
>>
>>336584879
Ancient Cistern and Sandship were the ONLY good dungeons in Skyward Sword.

Fire Sanctuary was fucking terrible.
>>
>>336582129
It'll either be 1 or or something in-between.

By in-between, I mean a decent looking game with an interesting gimmick, but still not up to par with most open world games out there in terms of scope, side quests and difficulty options.
>>
>>336585071
Megaman X fan here
You're preaching to the choir
Not even the choir in fact. You're preaching to the pope
>>
>>336584481
>All the big flaws were predictable

Such as Zelda U's empty as fuck world
>>
>>336585001
>Video footage from E3 2014
So it's nothing
>>
File: please kill me.jpg (28 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
please kill me.jpg
28 KB, 853x480
>>336585076
>after le game that looks like it's the complete opposite of this upcoming game... no
Cool.
>>
>>336581602
>non-linear, huge and stuffed with things
>open world
>stuffed with things
You cannot have both. I am still wary.
I am however, digging Link's design.
>>
>>336585071
He holds the triforce of power
>>
>>336585094
I mean, I agree with your overall point. I'm just contesting the notion that WW was "empty as fuck" when it was actually one of the more bloated Zelda titles in terms of stuff you could do in its overworld.
>>
>>336584879
This though I'd add lanayru mining facility to that list too
>>
I'm not sure what to think as I don't own a wii u, all that comes to mind when i think Zelda and Wii is the shit tier game skyward sword was. Is there any promise that NX or another Zelda on the wii won't suck? It sounds like they're gonna push every feature they can (like 3d) as far as they can at the cost of actually gameplay quality.
>>
>>336585202
Aonuma is the Todd Howard of Nintendo.

He's a hack, don't believe his lies until you see some actual gameplay for yourself.

And no, that off-screen VGA footage shouldn't really count. Hoping that was beta footage honestly, because it looked pretty fucking bad.
>>
>>336585318

He doesn't need to.

Link didn't hold it in WW. Some random ass blonde kid did
>>
>>336585171
>Fire Sanctuary was fucking terrible.

No.
>>
>>336581997
>doesn't even matter if it will be empty (WW was empty as fuck and people love it), Zelda has dungeons to make up for emptiness.
Not at all. If they are going to make a Zelda game with a huge world, then it better be an actual detailed, interesting world, full of stuff, not just stretches of land. Nothing will make up for an empty world, because then it wouldn't be much different from all the previous games, it would just be another Zelda game that is almost the same as all the others, except this time with a large world gimmick.
>>
File: 1440961392094.png (34 KB, 196x197) Image search: [Google]
1440961392094.png
34 KB, 196x197
>>336585471
>No.

Yes.
>>
File: arrowattack.jpg (14 KB, 400x262) Image search: [Google]
arrowattack.jpg
14 KB, 400x262
>>336585189
See >>336585094

If by empty you mean no puzzles and shitty obsctales everywhere, I hope it will be empty as fuck. But huge, beautiful and atmospheric. Exactly what 3D Zelda needs.

You cannot compare Zelda's overworld with Witcher 3 or something, those games don't have huge, tight, two hours dungeons to mape up for the emptiness.

People really need to understand this but it seems they are too jaded and frustrated these days. Back then WW and OoT were empty as fuck but people loved and still love them. I miss those times.
>>
>>336585562
>Yes.

No.
>>
>>336585424
>Aonuma is the Todd Howard of Nintendo.
Probably the most disgusting internet hipster meme there is. Aonuma gave us MM and WW. He wasn't responsible for the actually bad Zeldas, SS and the DS games.

Go back to NeoGAF.

And don't compare any Zelda to this disgusting piece of shit that Fallout 4 was, holy balls, what they've done to one of my favourite IPs.
>>
File: 1459990461743.jpg (323 KB, 1228x1502) Image search: [Google]
1459990461743.jpg
323 KB, 1228x1502
>>336585582
>>
>>336581602
While I'm probably more hyped for this game than I've been for any game ever, I'm also worried/doubting this may be a giant fuckup.
>>
>>336585094
>But there is a 0% chance Zelda U will be as empty as WW

just like how TP was so full of stuff, yeah?
>>
>>336585690
MM & WW are garbage.
>>
>>336581602
>Hope you guys have already sold your shitty Wii U on Ebay and will buy the NX for it
You do realize that the wiiu version is going to be the superior one right? NX is a handheld, and thus will most likely not be more powerful than the wiiu considering nintendo's desire to sell hardware at a profit.
>>
File: 1461828521985.jpg (193 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1461828521985.jpg
193 KB, 920x900
>>336585697
>>
>>336581602
>I'm not totally a payed shill
>>
>>336585731
Even in those one Zelda U screenshot you can see more stuff than in all WW.
>>
File: 1367277167308.png (40 KB, 289x230) Image search: [Google]
1367277167308.png
40 KB, 289x230
>>336584879
>We need to go back to Link waking up, finding a sword and shield, and then GOING ON HIS FUCKING ADVENTURE.
Nah. I'm not an impatient child who doesn't want to deal with the story. I like the stories in these games. I'm having an adventure, not playing Pacman.
Just fuck off.
>>
File: 131254193054.jpg (51 KB, 700x514) Image search: [Google]
131254193054.jpg
51 KB, 700x514
>>336585071
>no neat twist where this Ganon is the very first Ganon starts off as Link's childhood/friend/mentor/father figure and slowly becomes evil thanks to Demise's curse

Feels bad man.
>>
I couldn't be angrier with Nintendo. This is insane.
>>
>>336585164
You can't remember because it doesn't exist you fucking moron.
>>
File: 1462207940074.gif (1 MB, 268x278) Image search: [Google]
1462207940074.gif
1 MB, 268x278
>>336585690
>Aonuma gave us MM and WW.
>He wasn't responsible for the actually bad Zeldas

Pick one you meme loving fuck.
>>
>>336585690
>Aonuma gave us MM

Nah, that was mostly Koizumi

>and WW

This on the other hand I agree with, but it marked the slow decline of the franchsie.
But even then, WW was pretty bad from a gameplay perspective, its atmosphere, aesthetics, charm and art style saved it though.
>>
File: yeah.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
yeah.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>>336585582
I agree with you saying that the overworld should have an open structure with no puzzles or obstacles. That shit was ridiculously overdone in titles like LA, which itself is hilariously and frequently overrated as a Zelda game on this board.

I disagree that the overworld SHOULD be empty though. Games like Witcher 3 at least contained plenty of things to do and find when you weren't progressing through the main story, and Zelda U should be the same in that regard.
>>
>>336585770
>NX handheld
Is this the new maymay
>>
File: WiiU_Zelda_scrn04_E3.jpg (360 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_Zelda_scrn04_E3.jpg
360 KB, 1920x1080
>>336585546
Well yeah, but it doesn't particularly need level design depth, puzzles, obstacles, anything like that. This belongs into dungeons. SS didn't really understand this and filled the entire world with this shit, perfectl showcasing a "filled" overworld is not really what Zelda needs. A good looking one, varied one and atmospheric one it is. And specifically an unpredictable one. Just let some crazy storm or huge enemies approach (WW did this).
>>
File: 1341940073129.jpg (98 KB, 260x285) Image search: [Google]
1341940073129.jpg
98 KB, 260x285
>>336586030
>That shit was ridiculously overdone in titles like LA, which itself is hilariously and frequently overrated as a Zelda game on this board.
Well, how about that. That's enough /v/ for a lifetime.
I'm done with this place.
>>
>>336585441
but that was link
>>
Anyone got pics of new link's design? On the phone and can't watch .webm or video.
>>
>>336585996
>Nah, that was mostly Koizumi

He worked on the sidequests in Clock Town and came up with the gimmicks. That's literally the extent of Koizumi's involvement in MM.

Koizumi was also heavily involved in WW.
>>
Here's how it'll go down

>World will be empty, with a few randomly generated mobs and horses
>Lots of tiny caves and shit to explore 90% only have rupees to find
>Link will have a companion that keeps its much shut, as a response to Fi hate
>dugeons will be generic Grass/Fire/Water/Desert/Castle/Tomb/the mandatory one creative one
>Supporting cast will be awesome
>Villian and unique story will be dumped at the climax for generic Ganondorf shit
>>
>>336585996
>Nah, that was mostly Koizumi
I don't know which meme is more cancerous. The Aonuma is bad and killing Zelda meme or the le Koizumi did this! meme. Kioizumi didn't do shit, he wrote most of the story for MM and partially OoT and that's almost all he has done.
>>
Nintendo needs to die
>>
File: 1460203323617.jpg (7 KB, 144x161) Image search: [Google]
1460203323617.jpg
7 KB, 144x161
>I want a huge empty overworld

You cannot make this shit up. This is actually what neo-/v/ wants.
>>
>>336586223
>Koizumi leaves the Zelda team
>Zelda franchise goes horribly downhill

Gee, what a coincidence.
>>
>>336582195
Did you really make a 2 second webm that doesn't even loop right? What is the god damn point.
>>
>>336585876
Anon dont you trust me?
>>
File: 1434056789752.gif (418 KB, 245x138) Image search: [Google]
1434056789752.gif
418 KB, 245x138
>this entire thread
>this denial
>nintendrones are desperately trying to hold on to their dwindling majority on this board
>the age of nintendogaf is slowly but surely coming to an end

Zelda U/NX is literally the last thing nintendo has up their sleeve. If this game isn't literally the best Zelda game ever then ninty is finished. They've either ignored or butchered all of their other IP's except maybe mario kart (even that lacked a proper battle mode).
I refuse to support nintendo if this game is anything but spectacular.
>>
File: 1462374461668.gif (87 KB, 123x136) Image search: [Google]
1462374461668.gif
87 KB, 123x136
>Nintendo
>2016
>>
File: neofag.png (70 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
neofag.png
70 KB, 400x400
>>336586293
But they're better than Sony "here have another disgusting cover shooter with controller aim" Studios and MS?
>>
>>336585841
>I like the stories in these games.

Do you like the part every game where the plot is flushed away in favour of "it was ganondorf"
>>
>>336586084
>maymay
because nintendo never made a handheld before right?
>>
>>336586205
What kind of low tech piece of shit do you have that can't run fucking webms?
>>
>>336586348
Webms look better than stills and better catch the feeling of floating through the sky.

>everything must loop so I can stare at it for two minutes because I'm an autist
>>
>>336586128
>Well yeah, but it doesn't particularly need level design depth, puzzles, obstacles, anything like that. This belongs into dungeons.
I completely and absolutely disagree. Playing OoT as a kid I didn't distinguished dungeons from the world until the temple parts because the first three dungeons are regular places. This gave me a sensation that every part of the game was equally important in terms of the adventure, instead of being a hub with stuff to do before opening dungeons.
I think, if anything, Skyward Sword did the part of being interesting outside of dungeons. I want this in the new game. To be an interesting place to explore, regardless of dungeons.
>>
File: 1432328836719.jpg (75 KB, 171x278) Image search: [Google]
1432328836719.jpg
75 KB, 171x278
>>336586386

>B-BUT SONY
>>
>>336586169
"Link" was a random ass seat filler because the real Link was dead. Hence why the triforce ignored him
>>
>>336586330
>what a coincidence

Exactly. You're just making connections that aren't there.

It's all subjective anyway. I would argue that the Zelda franchise didn't truly reach its lowest point until Skyward Sword, which wasn't even directed by Aonuma.
>>
>>336586030
what's LA?
>>
>>336581602

>open world meme

Its going to be trash.
>>
>>336584213
>literally the same video loop we saw in 2013
>marketing geniuses
TIP TOP KEK
>>
File: 1446935858479s.jpg (3 KB, 124x120) Image search: [Google]
1446935858479s.jpg
3 KB, 124x120
>>336585857
>father figure
not seme
>>
>>336586594
Los Angeles
>>
>>336586510
Well, being on /v/ shitposting about Nintendo there is a big chance he either likes Sony or MS which you with your shitpost also kinda prove.
>>
>>336586486
It just looks bad man, you can't really capture the feeling of floating through the sky when you only have 2 seconds before it awkwardly resets.
>>
File: 143543534534535.jpg (70 KB, 810x780) Image search: [Google]
143543534534535.jpg
70 KB, 810x780
>>336585841
>This is the type of moron who is ruining Zelda for everybody.
>"N-n-no I actually enjoy the 4 hour slogfest of being a glorified rent boy running around doing errands for NPC's that I literally couldn't give a shit about"

Embarrassing tbqh.
>>
>>336586654
I don't like either of those money whores either. Nintendo is just the most aged cancer
>>
>>336586532
nah bro it was link
>>
File: 1358910252842.jpg (106 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
1358910252842.jpg
106 KB, 554x439
>>336586689
Yes I do enjoy it. I like to play videogames that are more complex than NES stuff.
What are you gonna fo about it, fag?
>This is the type of moron who is ruining Zelda for everybody.
I'm sorry I don't have ADD
>>
>>336581602
It won't be as great as it could've been because they'll have to gimp the game to have it run on Wii U.
It would've been better for everyone if they just released this one on Wii U and gave NX it's own Zelda game.
>>
>>336586628
Nintendo is way too chickenshit to do that.

At most it'll be open-ended homosexual subtext if they ever decided to anything like that. Then again, Ghirahim was already pushing pretty far and Nintendo's all about appealing to otaku and fujoshi now, so who knows.
>>
>>336581602
I have been hyped for one Zelda game, WW. Even OoT didn't do it for me. And I'm not getting my hopes up now either. Every one of them since OoT has been more handholding and less innovative. At this point Zelda has to prove to me it can change. I won't just trust it.
>>
>>336585952
MM was the single best 3d zelda. ALTTP was the best 2d one.
>>
>>336586892
vague man love is best man love
>>
>>336586989
MM didn't have enough dungeons, I agree about ALTTP though
>>
>>336585582
Zelda games aren't just about dungeons (or at least they shouldn't, specially this next one). A world that is actually interesting, detailed, full of stuff to see and to do, secrets to find and maybe even some towns is just as important as the dungeons, if not much more than them, because they contribute more to the feeling of adventure. With the very first Zelda game, it was mostly the open map that impressed people the most, giving them a sense of vastness, detail and mystery. With this new Zelda, it seems they are trying to give people nowadays the same impression the first Zelda gave, making use of modern technology.
>>36586128
> it doesn't particularly need level design depth, puzzles, obstacles, anything like that. This belongs into dungeons.
I agree with you on that. I just want an amazing, detailed world, like the ones other fantasy games have, not one filled with obstacles, because that would actually make it more limited. But if it's empty and boring, nothing will make up for it, it will be a massive disappointment.
>>
>>336584136
You're assuming that Nintendo is competent
>>
File: 1352607645632.jpg (953 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1352607645632.jpg
953 KB, 1920x1200
I'm very excited to learn more about this game, but I'm afraid we'll learn too much more at E3. I want to play the damn game unspoiled but I know those Treehouse fucks are going to slowly, painfully make every aspect apparent in the most boring way possible.
>>
File: 12432534535534.png (245 KB, 900x851) Image search: [Google]
12432534535534.png
245 KB, 900x851
>>336586863
>I like to play videogames that are more complex than NES stuff.
>Filler
>Complex

Oh I am laughin'

>What are you gonna fo about it, fag?
Ridicule you and post smug looking anime girls until you submit and admit that I'm right (which I am).

>I'm sorry I don't have ADD
Neither do I. I just happen to not enjoy literal shit that does nothing but pad the game out in the worst possible way.
>>
File: 765.jpg (29 KB, 640x519) Image search: [Google]
765.jpg
29 KB, 640x519
>>336586502
What? Ocarina of Time's field/Lake Hylia is completely empty. Wind Waker was compeltely empty, too. Those games have what I consider "pre-dungeons", those areas where the level design gets denser and more complex without being in the actual dungeon. Of course Zelda U should also have this instead of just putting the dungeon entry somewhere in the middle of nowhere. This would be crap and isn't wat I want. I believe WW did this with like two dungeons but usually also had those "pre-dungeons" like OoT, not always dungeons per se but narrow, dense areas, be it complex villages (gorons, Kakariko) or those falls and tortuous cliffs in front of the zora's domain. In WW you had the islands with friendly NPCs and quests before getting to the actual dungeon.

Of course I also want this from Zelda U. But it's a matter of fact the world will be a lot bigger than Ocarina of Time's, more like Wind Waker's but probably even bigger, and the main part of Wind Waker's open world was empty, atmospheric, beautiful, unpredictable (the first playthrough) and interesting but rather empty. This is OK and what I want. I don't want the entire world to play like that area in front of the Zora's domain. We basically had this with Zelda SS and it was shit.

I don't want Zelda to be Metroid Prime. No.

I hate Skyrim but Zelda factually NEEDS some Skyrim.
>>
>>336586989
MM isn't even top 3.

OoT remains the best 3D Zelda (More dungeons, better designed dungeons, better OST, better world).
Thank fuck you kind of redeemed your shitty opinion by admitting that ALTTP is the best 2D Zelda.
>>
>>336586838

So you didn't play the game
>>
>>336586353
>implying that there has been a bad 3-D Zelda game
>OoT, MM, TP, and SS were all great until you ran into a TP or SS hate thread
>Minors are now trying to shit on OoT

Thinking fans of the series will take any shitposting seriously, if the game is bad then even the fans will tell you. Look at sticker star for example. Or the reaction to FedForce or Color Splash
>>
>>336586316
It's the TP plains all over again.
In fact it might just be TP all over again.
>>
File: 1367019630673.jpg (43 KB, 255x233) Image search: [Google]
1367019630673.jpg
43 KB, 255x233
>>336587282
>Filler
No such thing. It's a game about walking and exploring at your own pace. That's what I enjoy. If I wanted to mindlessly play a videogame without appreciating it I would be playing tetris.
>Neither do I. I just happen to not enjoy literal shit
>literal shit
>literal
Ah, yes. This is the kind of intelligence I was expecting from someone like you: None. But then again I'm replying to you.
>>
File: 1460512831902.jpg (880 KB, 2209x1689) Image search: [Google]
1460512831902.jpg
880 KB, 2209x1689
>>336586353
I don't give a shit what Nintendo has up their sleevs, you braindead, underage console warrior. I'm just looking forward to an amazing Zelda game.

Holy shit. Fuck off back to NeoGAF.
>>
>>336587778
>braindead
>I'm just looking forward to an amazing Zelda game.
Maybe you should watch who you call brain dead baby boi
>>
>>336586316
After SS it's definitely what I want yes. Don't compare Zelda to your shitty WRPGs. Zelda has huge dungeons, it can deal with some emptiness just fine. The open world should be atmospheric and beautiful, though with some unpredictable stuff (weather, monsters, weird nature).

Every now and then people pretend Shadow of the Colossus is the best game ever and its open world is literally 100% empty.

Give me a rather "empty" but atmospheric open world and huge towns, villages and dungeons.
>>
>>336587507
man did you?
>>
>>336587934
But Zelda as a whole is better than everything you enjoy playing and there is a very good chance I'm at least five years older than you?
>>
>>336587435
I'll give you more dungeons, I didn't really think they were any better designed. The OST thing is really fucking subjective and I'm not sure where I would fall. I definitely disagree with the world thing though. MM was the first game I played that felt like it had a living world, npcs had routines, they had lives outside of standing somewhere waiting for you to talk to them. Doing all the sidequest stuff was more engaging to me than running through another dungeon.
>>
>>336587948
>Every now and then people pretend Shadow of the Colossus is the best game ever and its open world is literally 100% empty.
You are right, people pretend it is. In reality SotC is an dull unfinished game with good boss battles. I literally fell asleep playing it on one ocassion.
>>
>>336588051
>a very good chance I'm at least five years older than you?
Says the nintenyearold
>>
File: ayyyyy.png (68 KB, 306x249) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyy.png
68 KB, 306x249
>>336586316
I do want a huge and open overworld, just not necessarily an empty one, shitposter-kun.
>>
File: 2142353345634634641353255.jpg (65 KB, 318x364) Image search: [Google]
2142353345634634641353255.jpg
65 KB, 318x364
>>336587697
>No such thing.
There is though. I've just told you exactly what filler is.

>It's a game about walking and exploring at your own pace.
Yes it is, which is why 4 hour long intros consisting of you being confined to the starting town until you've ran errands for the village idiots has no place in Zelda.
It's also no coincidence why the last 3 Zelda games that did that have been received so poorly.

>Ah, yes. This is the kind of intelligence I was expecting from someone like you: None. But then again I'm replying to you.

>Get well and truly outbantered
>Try to pull the mature pseudo-intellectual card
Pottery
>>
>>336588126
I must admit, this was a good one lol :D
>>
>>336581602
People thought the same thing about Skyward Sword.

Know what happened? You wound up with a couple floating islands and nothing to see or do between them.
>>
AWWW FUCK YEAH I CANT WAIT

ONE GAME TO SEE AT E3 AND WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT IT

NINTENDO WINS AGAIN
>>
>>336588174
XD
>>
>>336583659
Oh, but they will. They couldn't show off NX gameplay without having to show off the NX Console and Controller.
>>
File: 1462159958841.jpg (42 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1462159958841.jpg
42 KB, 640x640
>>336587934
Not him
But since when was looking forward to anything without letting others affect your opinion meant brain dead

>oh this game looks fun
>go on /v/
>wait, everyone except for fans are shitting on it
>oh this game is shit actually
This is brain dead

It's like hating on the new star wars for having a female and a black lead
>>
>>336587174
>but I know those Treehouse fucks are going to slowly, painfully make every aspect apparent in the most boring way possible

That's what I'm fearing too.

I really, truly, honestly have no idea why Nintendrones used to hype up Treehouse's presentations so much. All of them fucking sucked.
>>
>>336587948
>Skyward sword being shit means Nintendo has to revert to vast empty worlds.

No. That is not how it works at all.
The Overworld doesn't have to be as complex and as puzzling as Skyward Sword, but even that would be more ideal than an empty literal waste of space.
>>
File: 1461771778794.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461771778794.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>336588153
It's a pretty exhausting argument when everyone in this thread defines "empty" differently.

Some people think empty means "Witcher 3 tier, no puzzles, platforming and obstacles à la SS or Metroid everywhere", other probably think empty means "literally nothing, just a green field."

I basically just want pic related for the open world, just make it beautiful, varied, atmospheric. Don't blow it upw ith shit that belongs into dungeons. See

>>336587423
>>336585094
>>
>>336588382
This has the potential to lower OoT down a peg on the totem pole
Regardless if tree house fucks up I'm still waiting for the inevitable shitposting
>>
File: 1351160053588.png (152 KB, 316x317) Image search: [Google]
1351160053588.png
152 KB, 316x317
>>336588165
>There is though. I've just told you exactly what filler is.
No, you didn't. You shat your pants and cried because you have no attention span.
>It's also no coincidence why the last 3 Zelda games that did that have been received so poorly.
You mean Majora's Mask, WW, TP and SS?
You realize that most of them become beloved by time because everyone is still attached to the last Zelda and refuse to accept changes, right?
>outbantered
>by saying "literally shit"
Sure thing babe.
>>
>>336588463
>>
>>336588339
I love Zelda but they've shown next to nothing for this game and it's been delayed for almost 2 years now. Given Nintendo's current trend of shitting the bed I'm not hoping to he excited until I've at least played a demo.
>>
File: xyOSaCt.png (36 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
xyOSaCt.png
36 KB, 268x237
>>336588601
>he fell for the bad 3d Zelda meme
>>
>>336587948
>Don't compare Zelda to your shitty WRPGs
Even garbage like Skyrim still has far, far more interesting worlds than any Zelda game so far, even if they don't have interesting dungeons. This next Zelda should, in fact, be comparable to those WRPGs in terms of world, while having amazing dungeons at the same time, which will actually make it better than any open-world WRPG.

Again, dungeons are not the most important thing in Zelda, specially in this next one.
>>
>>336588653
going to be*
>>
File: 1427643539429.png (321 KB, 606x354) Image search: [Google]
1427643539429.png
321 KB, 606x354
>>336588463
>It's a pretty exhausting argument when everyone in this thread defines "empty" differently.

It's not that subjective, honestly. If an open world actually has shit to DO in it, it objectively isn't empty.

The problem is that there are too many shitposters on this board who will literally claim that every single open world game is "empty", as if an open world Zelda should be exactly like SS or pic related where the entire map is cluttered with stupid shit.
>>
>>336588642
This would be literally empty but it's what most fans want from a Zelda.

Make the overworld atmospheric, beautiful and put interesting characters and monsters into it. Make the dungeons dense with good level design. This is how it should be.

And this is most definitely what Zelda U will be.

>>336588714
>Even garbage like Skyrim still has far, far more interesting worlds than any Zelda game so far
lol

I would even prefer the basically empty WW with its few handcrafted islands over the fucking generic Skyrim shit which has nothing to compensate for the emptiness except dungeons that are just as generic (le fish, snake, bird).

No, fuck you.
>>
File: 1460451382981.png (39 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1460451382981.png
39 KB, 300x300
>>336588710
>>he fell for the bad 3d Zelda meme
Are you implying 3d Zelda is bad or you believe I think 3d Zelda is bad?
Language skills, for fuck's sake.
>>
File: 1339807701759.jpg (4 KB, 126x113) Image search: [Google]
1339807701759.jpg
4 KB, 126x113
>tfw all these garbage opinions of what Zelda should be every single thread in this place
>>
>>336588826
Honestly, after just crawling through a two hours dungeon, getting my horse and riding as fast as possible through some open areas with nothing stopping me just checking out some corners I haven't seen before is exactly what I want from this world.
>>
Fans have no idea what they want themselves, just fuck them. Let EAD do their job, they know their shit.
>>
>>336588835
>Make the overworld atmospheric, beautiful
>And this is most definitely what Zelda U will be.

Then they already failed because the art direction is this game looks like dog shit. Not nearly as bad as SS, but nothing like WW, that's for sure.

From what we've seen of the world, it looks so bland and ugly besides the grass. No amazing scenery that makes me want to travel or explore.
>>
>>336589168
Well, some people just cannot win.
>>
>>336588937
>he fell for the "any 3d Zelda that isn't OoT or MM is bad" meme

Fixed it, and I was saying that in regards to >>336588165
>>
File: 1462392621716.gif (81 KB, 182x249) Image search: [Google]
1462392621716.gif
81 KB, 182x249
>>336588601
>No, you didn't.
Yes I did.

>You shat your pants and cried because you have no attention span.
But I've beat every Zelda game though, so where are you getting this lack of attention span thing? Nobody enjoys those intros besides you my autistic friend. As retarded as /v/ can be, I can trust the vast majority of people on the board to not enjoy chasing after goats and retrieving baby cots and fishing to get a cat some food, all of which are irrelevant busywork that serves no purpose other than to literally pad out the game.

>You mean Majora's Mask, WW, TP and SS?
That's 4. Majora's Mask didn't have a long intro section. You're allowed to leave Clocktown within the first 10 minutes.

>You realize that most of them become beloved by time because everyone is still attached to the last Zelda and refuse to accept changes, right?

No they don't. MM and WW have a following, but TP and SS receive more flak than not.
>>
>>336589168
Sorry this isn't a hyper realistic game
>>
File: 523.jpg (98 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
523.jpg
98 KB, 1080x1080
>>336588642
This picture is literally Zelda U.

If someone isn't hyped, he isn't a Zelda fan. Period.
>>
>>336589040
Agreed.

Zelda U should have vast, expansive fields that aren't cluttered like SS, but at the same time it needs some actual content too, like interesting locales to explore or treasures to find. WW had this and that's why I fucking loved that game.
>>
>>336581602
After the blunder the Wii U was and Zelda being announced for NX, there is no hype for me. I really do not give a shit about it. The funny part is this being the only game they have playable at E3 tells me they have jack shit. They'll show off some more shovelware titles, blame fans for wanting actual titles in a series instead of a halfassed co op Bullet Ball tier shooter.

Seriously fuck Nintendo.
>>
>>336589397
I'm not asking for something hyper-realistic, I'm asking for something visually appealing and consistent.
>>
>>336588463
>Some people think empty means [...] "literally nothing, just a green field."
Well, that's what I think empty means. And I don't want the next Zelda to be like that.
>I basically just want pic related for the open world, just make it beautiful, varied, atmospheric.
It would be amazing if it were like that, but adding some things to discover to that would be the ideal to me.
>>336588835
Like I said, Skyrim is garbage, but, at VERY LEAST, it has a large, open world. Zelda games only barely count as open world games. That's why I'm looking forward the next Zelda, because it will have a proper large world, like Zelda games are supposed to have, but I don't want it to be empty.
>>
>>336581602
Why the fuck are you hyped anon?
Nintendo has nothing for E3 other than Zelda.
This is the worst E3 Nintendo is going to have.
>>
File: generic.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
generic.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1080
>>336589504
>but at the same time it needs some actual content too, like interesting locales to explore or treasures to find.
Well, of course it will have this. We've already seen you can climb up top all the tops of the mountains and they actually seem to be handcrafted with shit on them everywhere.

Witcher 3 for example is completely generic at times, no one cares, and it does not have Zelda's huge dungeons.
>>
What is the worst case scenario for this presentation? Bland game? Technical difficulties? Treehouse spoils 70% of the game?
>>
>>336584067
The nx is a vr headset
>>
File: 1461287223527.png (50 KB, 185x185) Image search: [Google]
1461287223527.png
50 KB, 185x185
>>336589502
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
>>
>>336589372
>As retarded as /v/ can be, I can trust the vast majority of people on the board to not enjoy chasing after goats and retrieving baby cots and fishing to get a cat some food, all of which are irrelevant busywork that serves no purpose other than to literally pad out the game.

Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess will probably be the last time they pull that crap. Nintendo needs this Zelda game to work and there has been way too much backlash for them to keep running with something people obviously want nothing to do with.
I predict a WW tier start. Real quick with just enough story to matter.
>>
>>336589587
>Why the fuck are you hyped anon?
>Nintendo has nothing for E3 other than Zelda.
So they're just focusing on Zelda and won't our time with gimmicky shit and Miix and Miiy?

Sounds like a good reason to be hyped.
>>
>>336589779
>WW
>good start

Nah that stealth section in the beginning of the game was awful.
>>
File: giphy.gif (495 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
495 KB, 250x250
>>336589372
>No they don't. MM and WW have a following, but TP and SS receive more flak than not.
>forgetting you had to go through an entire dungeon and a fetch quest in order to leave the first village in OoT

So do you only go on /v/ to find out any info on games? That's the only reason you would think that. Or are you mad you can't put them nostalgia goggles on anymore
>>
>>336589707
All that and then they push it further to summer of 2017
>>
>>336589372
>Yes I did.
Nu-uh
>Nobody enjoys those intros besides you my autistic friend.
Well, that explains how games with longer intros than any Zelda are so popular. Amirite
>As retarded as /v/ can be, I can trust the vast majority of people on the board to not enjoy chasing after goats and retrieving baby cots and fishing to get a cat some food, all of which are irrelevant busywork that serves no purpose other than to literally pad out the game.
Except teaching you various mechanics while pushing the story foward, which such quiet moments serves to contrast with the grand adventure that is coming, giving them more impact.
>That's 4. Majora's Mask didn't have a long intro section. You're allowed to leave Clocktown within the first 10 minutes.
Of course not. Between the cinematics, intro, and waiting (at least in the original version, since the 3DS made it faster) it's at least 20 minutes. Same with the rest of the games that followed.
>No they don't. MM and WW have a following,
A recent following. They were hated and bashed for the stupidest reasons TP and SS are now. And even then TP is NOW getting a following because people realized nostalgiafags were being stupid cunts. For that matter WW is legit the worst 3D Zelda so far and it's so beloved it makes me laugh.
>>
>>336589707
Expect technical difficulties and Threehouse's representatives being completely and utterly boring, as usual.
>>
>>336581602
>falling for the open world meme in current year
>>
File: 1222.png (2 MB, 1720x964) Image search: [Google]
1222.png
2 MB, 1720x964
>>336589739
Fuck off SS Link, this is my role.
>>
>>336589587
Hey we might get splatoon 3.0 announcement
>>
>>336581602
one game
>>
>>336589684
>Witcher 3 for example is completely generic at times

Well, that's where I disagree. I thought Witcher 3 had plenty of interesting things to explore in its maps.
>>
>>336589707
Why would you watch Treehouse? Just watch the presentation, trailer and then nothing until the game is out.

I really don't want you faggots to shitpost this Zelda too just because you were 90% spoiled and couldn't get surprised anything.

DON'T SPOIL YOURSELVES YOU FUCKING IMBECILES:

HAVE SOME DISCIPLINE.
>>
>>336581602
>they're still using that picture
it's gonna be shit
>>
>>336588209
I liked Skyward Sword.
>>
>>336589779
>I predict a WW tier start. Real quick with just enough story to matter.
>island stuff
>forest part
>forsaken fortress and you don't have a sword
>after that you have to buy a sail
>around 3 hours for the game to let you explore
>>
>>336590085
You can't disagree with facts. Mountaintops in Witcher 3 are completely generic shit and basically only exist (i..e don't have invisible walls preventing you from climbing them) because of that shitty achievements. Meanwhile we've already seen mountaintops in Zelda U being handcrafted with hidden items on them etc.

Not saying all Witcher 3 was generic or I didn't love it.
>>
>>336585202
>please kill me

Why is this bad?
>>
>>336590127
>I really don't want you faggots to shitpost this Zelda too just because you were 90% spoiled and couldn't get surprised anything.
God, this so much.

Imagine how much people would love TP if they would have played the game without knowing about the temple of time, the master sword scene getting spoiled, let alone the wolf transformation, Midna's true form in the artwork etc.
>>
>>336589779
>I predict a WW tier start

Fuck no. Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda so far and even I thought the beginning was shit.
>>
>>336590290
>Meanwhile we've already seen mountaintops in Zelda U being handcrafted with hidden items on them etc

You gonna source that bullshit or just expect me to believe it
>>
>>336590370
because skyward sword, anon!
you need to keep this hot meme alive!
like how /v/ repeated for years Twilight Princess was one of the worst games not in the franchise but in the world.
>>
File: 8989.png (2 MB, 883x983) Image search: [Google]
8989.png
2 MB, 883x983
>>336590370
>he defends the Skyward Sword overworlds

God, please make Zelda U's world as empty as possible to not repeat this shit in any way.
>>
>>336590460
https://youtu.be/kXnTYsHOd5E
It was stated back in 2014...
>>
File: 286192-cutty.gif.jpg (11 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
286192-cutty.gif.jpg
11 KB, 320x320
How many of you are going to buy it twice! for NX and WiiU? Man Nintendo sure is smart, a double release really helped twilight princess. I mean we all loved that game for more than fap bait surely.
>>
File: 1323869575131.png (331 KB, 356x443) Image search: [Google]
1323869575131.png
331 KB, 356x443
>>336590503
>oh man, I don't want interesting challenges and predungeons
>let me bore myself with MGSV in the meantime in hopes zelda is as bad
>>
>>336590503
What's the issue? Don't even answer, just kill yourself. Have somebody post a pic of your corpse.
>>
>>336581602
>buying nx at launch
>when we don't know anything about it
>after the horrible wii u launch

Boy you're dumb.
>>
>>336590503
This wasn't an overworld, it was a dungeon.
>>
>>336590460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0y4hv62YEw

Well, they start on a mountaintop and it seems to be handcrafted. You can also see how the mountains in the backgrounds are structured so you can climb them with items and shit.

Also a waterfall in the red circle, you can bet both your penises there is something on the mountain with that waterfall. Not saying every mountain will have something (there seem to be countless) but surely many of them.
>>
File: 1435345353545345.png (52 KB, 249x238) Image search: [Google]
1435345353545345.png
52 KB, 249x238
>>336589779
>Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess will probably be the last time they pull that crap.
You never know with neo-nintendo. I have my doubts that they'll stop that shit, but we can always hope. I don't want no WW start though, give me an OoT/ALBW/ALTTP start.

>>336589923
>forgetting you had to go through an entire dungeon and a fetch quest in order to leave the first village in OoT
>Comparing a full fledged dungeon to running errands for a bunch of villagers

Holy shit, my fucking sides.

>>336589946
>Nu-uh
Yuhuh

>Well, that explains how games with longer intros than any Zelda are so popular. Amirite
Those games you speak of more than likely have quality intros that don't involve you having to do painstakingly boring busywork for 4 hours.

>Except teaching you various mechanics while pushing the story foward, which such quiet moments serves to contrast with the grand adventure that is coming, giving them more impact.

OoT pulled that off better than any of the big offender Zelda games which have terrible intros though.
It teaches you about Z targetting, climbing, jumping, rolling, swimming, camera controls all within the starting area, then immediately throws you into a dungeon in sub 10 minutes.
You cannot get any more perfect than that. It is a prime example on how to make a tutorial without padding the fuck out of the game with irrelevant shit.

>Of course not. Between the cinematics, intro, and waiting (at least in the original version, since the 3DS made it faster) it's at least 20 minutes.

I'm so sorry that you play games at a snails pace anon, but no, it takes 10-15 minutes to leave Clocktown, and besides, even if it did take an extra 5 minutes, that is nothing compared to TP and SS which literally do take upwards of an hour before you can even go to your first dungeon.

>For that matter WW is legit the worst 3D Zelda so far and it's so beloved it makes me laugh.

This is the only thing you've said that I can actually agree with.
>>
>>336590503
>He fell for the "SS is bad" meme
>>
>>336590839
Not even the guy you're replying to, but there was absolutely nothing interesting about SS's predungeons. That shit was literally just cluttered busywork.

Jesus Christ SSabortions pls go.
>>
File: 5353.jpg (20 KB, 468x294) Image search: [Google]
5353.jpg
20 KB, 468x294
>>336590978
>>
>>336582129
They will show an okay game that isn't a shitty, broken mess, but isn't worldshattering whatsoever.
>>
>>336590724
Stated not shown you fucking lier
>>
File: 1441762883522.jpg (44 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
1441762883522.jpg
44 KB, 329x399
>>336590982
You keep repeating this 4 hours thing for some reason when I'm sure it doesn't take a single hour.
Maybe it's YOUR problem and not the game.
>I'm so sorry that you play games at a snails pace anon
Says the person who takes so long to play SS.
>>
>>336581602
At least try not to look like a fucking shill next time.
Have this (you) as a payment for your effort and having the stomach to enter this black hole of cancer since Nintendo probably pays you peanuts.
>>
>>336590978
Speculation and blurry photos are not facts
>>
>>336586241
>Lots of tiny caves and shit to explore 90% only have rupees to find
I think the jist of it is right but they'll try to implement a "find materials for upgrades" feature like they did in link between worlds.
>>
>>336591050
I disagree, it's superinteresting.
>>
>>336591050
I liked it better than TP/WW.
>>
File: Ampilus.png (72 KB, 225x216) Image search: [Google]
Ampilus.png
72 KB, 225x216
>>336590839
>>336590873
Are you really defending those shitty obsctales in that picture? Quicksand that slows you down, this slow bug item that wants you to slowly transport bombs, slowly kill these piss easy enemies everytime you want to cross quicksand?

Zelda SS is the perfect example why Zelda U should be more empty, at least the big part of its open world. Shit like this belongs into dungeons. And dungeons should be big and have several floors unlike Skyward Sword's.

As a Zelda fan I don't like shitting on other Zelda games to get a point across and SS did some cool things but c'mon.
>>
>>336591435
who fucking cares?
>>
File: 1461771796465.jpg (57 KB, 398x440) Image search: [Google]
1461771796465.jpg
57 KB, 398x440
>>336591363
>>
>>336591435
Fuck you, side quests and collecting random shit in the overworld is fucking 10/10

wind waker is the best zelda
>>
>>336591435
>Are you really defending those shitty obsctales in that picture?
Yes, maybe you should have been smart.
>>
>>336591265
>Says the person who takes so long to play SS.
He's right though, Skyward Sword takes hours before you get to the first dungeon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1JpvlOKt2E&list=PLA1C9D80F2D80EC84&index=9

That's 3 hours in before he reached the first dungeon, though it can probably be done in 2 hours.
>>
File: 1462384216735.png (440 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1462384216735.png
440 KB, 633x758
>>336590978
>are you sure this will release next year
>of course, and how's star fox?
>What? Star fox?? don't worry about star fox!!!
>>
File: You_dense_motherfucker.jpg (54 KB, 678x495) Image search: [Google]
You_dense_motherfucker.jpg
54 KB, 678x495
>>336591257
>making me pull out 2008 memes
2/10
>>
File: 1307.gif (18 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1307.gif
18 KB, 300x225
>>336591603
>>336591660
>>336591679
>>
>>336591660
Who denies this or says something bad about WW?
>>
File: shitward.jpg (1 MB, 975x1368) Image search: [Google]
shitward.jpg
1 MB, 975x1368
>>336591435
Fucking this.

Everything about Squidward Sword's overworld sucked. The Sky was shit because it had absolutely nothing in it, and the surface areas were equally bad because they were extremely rigid and filled to the brim with boring tasks and terrible map structures. Navigation was a chore and exploration was non-existent.

I hope we never have to suffer through a game like this again, and I'm glad Aonuma understands that.
>>
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 193x261
>3D Zelda games

absolutelydisgusting.jpg
>>
File: 1431851509510.jpg (27 KB, 480x542) Image search: [Google]
1431851509510.jpg
27 KB, 480x542
>>336581602
>Holy shit, anyone else as fucking hyped as back then with Twilight Princess?
No. I was a fool to get rused by Shitendo with TP.

>Except this time we KNOW this world will be non-linear
No you don't.
>huge
You don't know.
>and stuffed with things
You don't know.
>and since it's a 3D Zelda, it will have great dungeons. That's all Zelda needs.
TP and SS dungeons were shit.

>This world will be Zelda pure, this atmosphere, fuck.
Literally, all we have been shown is green hills. You know NOTHING about the atmosphere.

>Hope you guys have already sold your shitty Wii U on Ebay and will buy the NX for it. No way I'll play this at 720p.
No educated adult would buy a Wii U, let alone an NX.
>>
File: 1242535345345345.png (231 KB, 500x587) Image search: [Google]
1242535345345345.png
231 KB, 500x587
Can we all agree that this guy >>336591435 is the biggest fucking moron in this entire thread?
>Literally wants a huge world in which you do nothing but travel from one area to the other
>Uses >M-muh atmosphere as an argument for having an empty world, implying that you can't have a world filled with interesting things that is also atmospheric
>Samefags constantly in the most obvious fashion ever, as seen here >>336591913

Absolutely pathetic tbqh.
>>
File: ww volcano.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
ww volcano.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>336591925
>posting this disgusting monster
>literally "i-it's impossible to avoid getting hit buy spike sliders and bats, omg I have to wait for openings in a close combat-centric PvE game"
>thinks his opinion matters
It doesn't.
>>
>>336591925
Well if they fix all those shitty problems they had in the previous 3d games it should be as good as a 2d top down
>>
>>336592056
Eh, I would argue we actually do know most of this and it's absolutely possible for people to already sense some atmosphere based on the material we already have. I get some Monoke vibes myself.

>>336592056
>No educated adult would buy a Wii U, let alone an NX.
Why are you on /v/ if good games aren't worth 200 bucks for you?
>>
>>336592067
>s-someone is agreeing with somebody else, m-must be a samefag!
>waifuposting

kek

kys pleb
>>
File: 14364364645645.png (571 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
14364364645645.png
571 KB, 800x640
>>336591265
4 hours may have been a slight exaggeration, but TP and SS literally take at least a few hours before you get to the first dungeon.
Everything before that point is dull and boring as fuck.
>>
>>336581602
>hyped
>like with twilight princess

I want the underage to leave.
>>
File: deluded weeaboo retard.png (72 KB, 1226x225) Image search: [Google]
deluded weeaboo retard.png
72 KB, 1226x225
>>336592067
You should really consider killing yourself. Or go play some more SS, probably the bigger punishment.
>>
>>336592056

here's your (You)
>>
>>336581602
>Except this time we KNOW this world will be non-linear, huge and stuffed with things.
hehe
>>
>>336592272
>Wii U
>good games
HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA
>>
>>336592362
TP was hyped like the second fucking coming. Why the hell do you think getting an 8.8 was a big deal?

>>336592056
>TP and SS dungeons were shit
i was with you till this point tbqh
>>
File: GZ2P01-240.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GZ2P01-240.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>336592362
What are you even trying to argue? Everyone was hyped back then it was an amazing time, whether or not the game was kinda disappointing.
>>
>>336592056
>TP had shit dungeons

I thought they were pretty good.

I wouldn't know for SS because I dropped it after the first dungeon out of boredom.
>>
File: bayo silky.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
bayo silky.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>336592473
xDD
>>
I have enjoyed every single 3D Zelda despite their faults, fite me.
>>
>>336581602
>2015
>2016
>2017

Fuck you, Nintendo. And fuck you, too, Miyamoto.
>>
>>336592272
I bought a 3ds just for monster hunter and a ps4 for their exclusives and games where I want to option to not play with the pc community.

There's honestly nothing on the wii u I find appealing. Bayo 2 looks good but other than that nadda.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 109

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.