[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 43
File: dd12_1.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
dd12_1.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1024
Well, /v/?
>>
>>336536807
game?

HoI4?
>>
File: 1461983922221.jpg (198 KB, 800x561) Image search: [Google]
1461983922221.jpg
198 KB, 800x561
>>336537678
ANSWER ME OP
>>
I'm going to pirate it to try it out when it's released, looks shit
>>
>>336536807
They put in the Darkest Hour event system? Neat.
>>
>hitler
More like shitler lmoa
>>
File: 1428426232961.jpg (494 KB, 600x866) Image search: [Google]
1428426232961.jpg
494 KB, 600x866
Hey what is the game being depicted here
>>
File: 1351786573996.jpg (13 KB, 252x291) Image search: [Google]
1351786573996.jpg
13 KB, 252x291
>>336536807
>no elections
How historically accurate of you.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (164 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
164 KB, 1920x1080
>>336539674
>You are Hitler
>You are shittier than Hitler.
>>
File: 1401859530501.jpg (555 KB, 1279x1726) Image search: [Google]
1401859530501.jpg
555 KB, 1279x1726
Hey there geekboy, you don't get to go through to your history class you're late for until you tell us what game this is.
>>
>>336538360
>>336537678
>>336539758
>>336541345
Remember the power of image search. Yes, it seems to be HoI4. I don't even know what the fuck I am doing in this thread, I have no interest in this game. Did you actually summoned me here against my will by some fucked up means to help you while OP was a massive lazy cunt refusing to type 3 words? Fuck this.
>>
File: 1410654082534.jpg (131 KB, 930x1180) Image search: [Google]
1410654082534.jpg
131 KB, 930x1180
>>336541530
Okay geekboy, you can get on with your studies, and remember

AMERICANS ALWAYS FIGHT FOR LIBERTY
>>
>>336536807
that's an old as shit screenshot.
>>
>>336541564
>America
>doing anything notable at all during WWII

Well memed, good sir.
>>
File: 1269655.jpg (330 KB, 1500x977) Image search: [Google]
1269655.jpg
330 KB, 1500x977
>>336541716
America singlehandedly won WWII, Britain helped a bit but don't get ahead of yourself here.
>>
>>336541856
> There are people who BELIVE this
>>
>>336541856
this, idk how we let some idiot countries continue lying in history books
>>
>>336541716
>providing material support
>the entire western European theater
>Italy
>half of fucking Africa with the brits
>being the heavy hitters in the Pacific
>dropping the nukes
>rebuilding the nations after the war

Those are all things my man.
>>
>>336542039
> The entire Western European Theatre
> Italy
> Africa

Oh boy this prole.
>>
File: w27_00000002.jpg (489 KB, 1247x914) Image search: [Google]
w27_00000002.jpg
489 KB, 1247x914
>>336541964
soviet shitter detected
>>
>>336541856
>joined at the last weeks of war
>we made the diference.
NO
if anything you shortened the war a week, the war was already won, russians and british were kicking german asses since months ago.
>>
Cleaning up Germany and Japan after the war and giving back land taken was one of the greatest things America has ever done in her entire history.

Showed humanity and an interest in keeping the world stable. We could have easily snatched up huge chunks of land but chose to spend billions patching up countries we were at war with weeks before.
>>
File: FOR FREE.jpg (286 KB, 613x606) Image search: [Google]
FOR FREE.jpg
286 KB, 613x606
>>336543435
>implying it wasn't 100% just to a) ensure that germany and japan didn't just go right back to war in another 20 years like happened last time and b) to establish what are essentially permanent military bases in friendly countries
Sure, it worked out well for Germany and Japan, but it was a mutually beneficial deal, not charity.
>>
>>336541964

Yes, americans.
>>
>>336543924
"A german general officer."

"A soviet document."

"Anonymous."

Nice made up quotes to stir up patriotic fervour and bullshit American exceptionalism, faggot. Just like that rifle behind every blade of grass one.
>>
>>336543586
Rebuilding your enemy's country after a brutal war is a damn decent thing to do even if you benefit as well from it.

We gave back land we didn't have to, helped Japan establish a new bill of rights.
>>
>>336542726
I love guys that know nothing about WW2
>>
>>336543924
>I can't be patriotic without being grouped together with the same dumb shits that believe quotes like these
You uneducated fucks are ruining this country
>>
File: 39 of 40 graves.jpg (80 KB, 508x395) Image search: [Google]
39 of 40 graves.jpg
80 KB, 508x395
>>336544360
>Rebuilding your enemy's country after a brutal war is a damn decent thing to do even if you benefit as well from it.
It's not really a decent thing to do if you benefit as well from it, and create strong allies in the process. States are security maximizers, and I guarantee you that nobody in the US was building up Japan out of sympathy for the plight of the poor Japanese. They hated those nips. They rebuilt Japan because a US-friendly Japan is better than a US-hostile Japan. The benefit to Japan was inconsequential.

>We gave back land we didn't have to, helped Japan establish a new bill of rights.
Ceded land you had no right to, and installed a US puppet government.

All depends on perspective. You're looking at things in the most favourable possible light and then declaring that it's not a favourable light but objective fact. I bet the Japanese didn't appreciate the US occupation anywhere near as much as you're saying that they should have.
>>
Is it actually possible to play these games as a peacenik and achieve goals through diplomacy rather than war?

I understand that conquering all of Europe without firing a shot should be rightfully impossible, but let's say that I just want to restore Germany back to it's pre-WW1 size and avoid WW2, can I do that?
>>
>>336536807
usher in democracy, I know how this story ends and I don't know if you like everything past 1943.
>>
>>336544525
Eh it varies a lot.

The US was the first nation to actively rebuild a nation it destroyed without actually conquering it, but it was also the first time this precedent could even be set. Conquered people rarely have any love for their occupiers, but I think general opinion of the US in both Germany and Japan were good, great even after a decade had passed. The whole Cold War thing obviously helped with that but until the turn of the century US opinion was quite high in these two previously occupied countries. One could argue Japan is still occupied even, and with China getting uppity again I only expect US public opinion to rise in the region outside of the Chinks.
>>
>>336546065
>The US was the first nation to actively rebuild a nation it destroyed without actually conquering it
>this is what Americans actually believe
Literally about 1500 years of European history worth talking about prior to WW2, and you're confident that this was the FIRST TIME EVER that a power that won a war has actively attempted to restore the defeated party to strength with a conqueror-friendly government installed?
>>
>>336546173
Nah read what I'm saying mate.
This is the first time a nation has been completely destroyed and rebuilt by the destroyer without becoming a vassal or additional territory.
Really it was the first time a nation was outright destroyed. Even the Mongol invasions left more buildings standing than WW2 did.
Countries have been defeated and rebuilt in the past, but only as a tributary state or the new piece of a large empire.
>>
>>336546375
You realise that Napoleon was setting up client states in Europe in the 1800s, right?

Yes, it's the first time that a state that has been damaged in a total war has been repaired, but why do only total wars count? If we're measuring the "merit" of the actions then surely the intent of a Bourbon king repairing fences damaged by his army in the 1300s is as noble as that of the US repairing highways?

>but only as a tributary state or the new piece of a large empire.
And Japan isn't? America's control over Japan isn't as pervasive and obvious as having a Frenchman in your court telling you what you can and can't do, but America controls all the things that matter to it. Japan takes the overwhelming majority of its foreign policy cues from the US. The US-Japanese alliance is the cornerstone of its security, and that gives the US immense pull.

The US has as much influence as it needs to have to use Japan in a way that maximises America's security, and they designed the new Japan to work that way.
>>
Hoi4 will be casualized crap

>still no swastika on nazi germany's flag
I know its CURRENT YEAR but why do game developers feel the need to be historical revisionists about flags? Nazi Germany's flag was the swastika flag. There's no getting around it.
>>
>>336536807
how long is the cooldown on expanding the Luftwaffe? It doesn't cost much Fuhrer mana, so I'll cast that ability a few times
>>
>>336539758
who is this bionic beauty
>>
>>336547053
Yeah, that's my main worry. Is it even going to be a wargame at heart or are they just going to mix in too much EU4 and CK2. I'm just waiting for them to fuck up Victoria 3 as well.
>>
>>336541564
>Americans will always fight for Liberty*
*Unless you have oil, in which case please lube before fucking liberty
>>
>>336536807

Support Democracy. Go down in history as the man of the year.
>>
>>336547196
it's this annoying trend of trying to somehow casualize 4x and grand strategy. do devs not understand that level of anal retentive attention to details and minute control over everything is kinda what defines those games? making them mainstream friendly is the equivalent of a lobotomy for those genres.
>>
>>336547349
Stellaris looks good
>>
>>336547196
Its a sequel to a relatively niche (compared to big AAA game series) game series slated to be released in the 2010's. The developers have seen the possible dosh they can get from pandering to casuals (who didn't even like their game series in the first place) and so they will simplify the game and reduce the amount of features to cut down on development time and maximize income.

This has already happened to many game series. Lets hope Mount & Blade doesn't get affected
>>
>>336541716

>Take out American involvement from the war
>Suddently Soviets no longer have half the parts for their factories because no America to ship them there
>Walter Christie never hands them the Christie suspension system that their dear T-34 requires
>They're stuck with the T-26 and no factores
>No lend lease either, Shorages of motorized vehicles and things like boots

I'd like to see the USSR try and duke it without us.
>>
File: judging eagle of judgement.jpg (157 KB, 605x397) Image search: [Google]
judging eagle of judgement.jpg
157 KB, 605x397
>>336547397
I will end you.
>>
File: Yq2O2sqahw08.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (46 KB, 736x640) Image search: [Google]
Yq2O2sqahw08.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
46 KB, 736x640
>>336547487
You wouldn't hurt Cthulhu, he just wants to be your friend.

Dont you want to be friends with Cthulhu?
>>
>>336547053
Because German laws are fucking stupid.
>>
>>336547053
>I know its CURRENT YEAR but why do game developers feel the need to be historical revisionists about flags?

You know that shit is always the first thing to get modded in so there's that at least.
>>
>>336546912
I'm not really trying to sugar coat or whitewash anything here. I'm not the original guy, just commenting this is the first case where countries have been completely destroyed and then rebuilt at a large deficit by the destroying country.
The Marshal Plan was not designed to make the US money. In the short term. In the long term the trade benefits of a country that can actually afford to buy things is pretty big, but even then the US and European trade is a pretty tiny amount. Something like a measly 7% of the US GDP comes from trade with all of Europe.

One could argue it was just the US looking out for itself and having strong buffer states is preferable to weak ones, but then much of the reason is for humanitarian reasons.
These men of the era were ultimately moral men who had committed great atrocities in the name of victory, and I'm sure many would have preferred suicide to leaving the Germans to scrounge up what they could on their own. What really makes it unique is the lack of economic exploitation. Really, the inverse has been true, especially in Japan. Japanese and German vehicles have a stranglehold over the automobile market and about the only thing the US does in the consumer market the Japs don't do but better is processors and graphical cards. Even then the best hard drives and DVD players and Blu Ray players come from Japan. Technically China, but these are Japanese countries.
It's just an oddity of the era more than anything. The first time countries have been completely destroyed. Not the first time the invaders have let local government largely to it's own devices but certainly the first time the invader has sunk excess money and material into rebuilding a country versus what it could conceivably get out of it. The first time proxy wars have been fought not as a foreshadow of what is to come but as the only form of war any nation is willing to wage against a nuclear armed country.
>>
>>336547778
Japanese companies*
>>
>>336547778
>The Marshal Plan was not designed to make the US money.
It wasn't about money. Money is one means to security but certainly not the be-all, end-all. States are security maximisers, not money maximisers.

>These men of the era were ultimately moral men who had committed great atrocities in the name of victory, and I'm sure many would have preferred suicide to leaving the Germans to scrounge up what they could on their own
There was a not uncommon view in the US and Western Europe that the German race should be eliminated from the world via chemical castration. It never happened, obviously, and it lost favour after the scale of the Holocaust became evident, but it was there and it wasn't a joke or a tiny extremist viewpoint.

Ernest Hemingway was a big proponent.

You have no idea how much the US and Europe hated Japan and Germany.

It's the first time countries have been completely destroyed and rebuilt, sure. I agree with that. But it's not the first time that a conqueror has invested in his new lands and treated his new subjects relatively fairly. Considering the US planned to occupy Japan and Germany indefinitely, and is still there, it's not surprising they'd invest in the countries.

My main point is that there was no uniquely charitable and honourable process involved. It was security maximisation, and it has happened before (in terms of intent).
>>
>>336546912

This goes both ways: the reason why Japan and America were willing to "forgive" each other so quickly was because they had a bigger foe in the rise of Communism and using that as a backdrop, it becomes understandable in hindsight why Japan wanted to capture China in the first place. Had the Japs not sided with Hitler and explained to America that the Chinks were gonna go red instead of bombing their navy, this whole situation could have been avoided.

Japan made a bad decision. America had to retaliate in response to that decision or lose face. That the two sides understand that went a large way towards deleting any lingering hostilities.
>>
>>336536807
Support Democracy
Align with the Burgers and britbongs for aid.
Make an alliance with Poland for military access.

Wait for the Russians to make a move and remove Gommie.
>>
File: Hideki_Tojo.jpg (57 KB, 480x613) Image search: [Google]
Hideki_Tojo.jpg
57 KB, 480x613
>>336548168
To be fair Japan was also full-retard at the time with military essentially running the country.
>>
>>336547053
>I know its CURRENT YEAR but why do game developers feel the need to be historical revisionists about flags? Nazi Germany's flag was the swastika flag. There's no getting around it.

so they don't have to have a separate version for germany you autist

it's like the first thing that's modded anyway
>>
>>336547554
No, you aren't a blorg
>>
>>336547441
But that's the thing and what >>336547349 already said - you will never get casuals to play these games without ripping out the essence of what makes them what they are as games.
>>
>>336548107
Chemical castration was a knee jerk reaction proposed by a few notable people that never got anywhere besides bar talk. It had no chance of actually happening since as soon as most anyone with critical thinking skills say down and thought about it for longer than a minute, they'd figure out the idea was kind of stupid.

I do believe the most readily identifiable and obvious reason for rebuilding the country was of course defense, but people are not robots. The most brutal killings by the Allies were against the SS, and not just for killing American POWs. In the closing days of the war these guys were killing tons of Germans as well, and that just didn't sit right with most decent minded folks. The Western World was very largely Christian, the US still is but Europe didn't see such a decline in believers until after the war and the Holocaust became common knowledge.
For many, rebuilding these countries was the right thing to do. Basic human emotions, even the French felt at least a little but bad seeing at how bad Germany had been skullfucked by August. Mostly drunkenly happy, but then sobriety hits and, fuck, we destroyed everything.

Few invaders have felt no remorse or guilt about spreading devastation, and Japan and Germany are both the most destroyed countries in history.
I mean, not counting Russuacdestroying itself a guess.
>>
>>336548168
Japan didn't invade China to stop Communism what the fuck am I reading.
>>
>>336541856
Only thing US did was swoop in to feed on the carcass of axis.
Nazis were already being wiped out by the slavshits, if America didn't come in the fascists would have fallen anyways.
Only reason the US swooced in was to claim half of Berlin for themselves because that shit was an easy target.

If we put this in MMO terms, US ninja'd all the loot they could after the Allied guildies had cleared the raid.
>>
>>336541716
Why do you think there are so many video games which depict Americans during WWII?
>>
File: 1462099439904.jpg (34 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1462099439904.jpg
34 KB, 1024x768
You need to understand that a Paradox fan's primary activity isn't playing Paradox games, but whining about how Paradox is in a neverending spiral of pandering to the pleb casuals that will someday end with Hearts of Iron 8 actually and literally being a Call of Duty game. Sometimes I think Paradox realized this a long time ago and has changed its development strategy accordingly toward not giving a fuck about what fans say because they can't take any sort of constructive feedback from them or they have seen that doing so would mean doing the same game all the time, only uglier.

Right now people are complaining that Hearts of Iron IV's battleplan system + the revamp of air units mean that the franchise, that had reached its highest points of depth and realism in Hearts of Iron III, is being irreparably casualized so that even the plebbest of plebs can play with tanks.

Those same people, when Hearts of Iron III was in development, whined about how Hearts of Iron III's 3d map was a shameful pandering to the casual plebs that would be the end of Hearts of Iron as a franchise and of Paradox as a serious developer, and that Paradox should have continued with the path led by that pinnacle of realism and hardcore grognardism that was Hearts of Iron II.

Those same people, when Hearts of Iron II was in development, whined that simplifying the technology system and making reinforcements automatic rather than manual as they were in the first HoI meant that Paradox were some sellouts that only wanted that easy money from those fake geeks who play Civilization and pretend they are strategists.

I bet that when Hearts of Iron was announced in 2002, someone somewhere in the forums whined that using the Europa engine to depict such a mainstream and overused era such as WWII meant Paradox was selling out to the audience of casual 15-year-olds who only wanted WWII stuff and that that was the end of Paradox as a developer of serious strategy games.
>>
What changes will they do to the Micro?

I remember spending autismal amounts of hours controlling individual divisions in HOI3.
>>
>>336547053
Literally nothing wrong with streamlining
>>
This looks fun, but it seems like IV isnt out yet. Is any of the other ones worth playing?
>>
>Poland took back their lands, weakened and pushed back Nazis
>Americans suddenly join in at the last months of war to take all the glory for themselves
>>
File: disgustful.webm (685 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
disgustful.webm
685 KB, 854x480
>>336541564
>americans always fight for liberty
>literally helped the Soviet Union to make half of Europe communist under their rule
>liberty
>>
File: punch.jpg (130 KB, 886x1276) Image search: [Google]
punch.jpg
130 KB, 886x1276
>>336536807
Can't wait to play as the soviets and remove fascists.
>>
>>336551808

>georgian mas murderer who killed more russians than anyone in history
>permamently fucked up russia and turned them into pidoristan
>venerated as a hero
>fighting someone whos biggest crime is being a meanie poopy head trolling on purpose for attention
>>
File: grand strategy.jpg (641 KB, 2212x900) Image search: [Google]
grand strategy.jpg
641 KB, 2212x900
>>336547053
>>
File: workers_unite.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
workers_unite.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>336551979
That Georgian purged the blight that was nazism and fascism for quite a while.
>>
File: fanbase degredation.jpg (827 KB, 2404x1260) Image search: [Google]
fanbase degredation.jpg
827 KB, 2404x1260
>>336548405
>>
>>336550512
Except each iteration became more complex and detailed up to 4, which is shaping up to be simpler than the ones before it
>>
>>336552225
And purged the blight that was his countrymen to the tune of a few dozen millions.
>>
>>336541856
>>/his/
>>
File: marx.jpg (222 KB, 1024x500) Image search: [Google]
marx.jpg
222 KB, 1024x500
>>336552478
>muh 22 gorillion
>>
>>336536807
FUCK COMMUNISM
>>
>>336552552
Are you denying that millions upon millions of Russians died as a direct result of Stalin's rule?
>>
>>336539889
>implying you need democracy when you have the Führer
Democracy cucks please go
>>
>>336547467
why would taking american involvement out of the war prevent the soviets from building a tank using a system of suspension they had acquired in 1930?
>>
>>336552643
"Millions upon millions"

He killed a lot of fascists, sure.

Between fascists and people, maybe 1.5 million.
AND NO HOLODOMOR WASN´T INDUCED BY THE GOVERNMENT THAT´S NAZI PROPAGANDA
>>
>>336552801
>Elections
>Democracy
Pick one mate.
>>
>>336552225

Russa won WW2 not because but despite stalins retardation. Remember the army purges?
>>
>>336548274
>waiting for commies to make a move
Considering how dumbed down this game will be don't expect there to be any AI action other than those handled by scripted events.
>>
>Japan always attacks usa everywhere

shit ai
>>
>>336536807
>blue eyes
>>
>>336553263
but that's what happened IRL
>>
File: elections.jpg (413 KB, 586x1153) Image search: [Google]
elections.jpg
413 KB, 586x1153
>>336553145
Still worth it. Fascists and Nazi don't deserve the right to breathe.
>>
>>336552268
What a salty image
>>
>>336553376

>this is what communists actually believe

the soviet union was sure a workers paradise on earth
>>
>>336553376
they're better than leftists and commies 10x
>>
File: vietnam2.jpg (54 KB, 600x466) Image search: [Google]
vietnam2.jpg
54 KB, 600x466
>playing the weakest pvp faction
I mean, c'mon.
>>
>>336553145
Army purges which created stability, without a strong uniting force like stalin the ussr would have been very turbulent pre-ww2, wouldn't have managed to push through so much forced industrialization or collectivization, and would have been much more likely to fragment during Barbarossa.
Stalin and his entourage was a scourge, ruined russia and the ex-soviet countires, all of which are still haunted by the systematic corruption and crime he fostered in governmental positions.
>>
>>336553462
Most communists consider the soviet union to be a state-capitalist nation from the NEP onwards mate.
Also, marxism is nothing but auto-critical familia.
>>
>>336553514
>asymmetrical warfare
>>
>>336553375
>IRL
I just looked it up and holy shit, hearts of iron actually happened. I thought it was just a story like lord of the rings, unless lotr actually happened too
>>
>>336541564
>fight for liberty
>1778

Americans got utterly rekt by shitty equipped and supplied Brits. The only reason they got what they wanted was cause France bankrupted itself funding a proxy war AND gave 10,000 troops to help train and fight. Plus Spain was going to land 60,000 troops in Florida, France and Spain besieged The Rock, Poland sent generals to fight and the Brits campaigned to end the war and give in.

Which is what happened. Battle of Camden is an example of what happened before the French got involved.
>>
>>336553462
The good doesn't wash out the bad and neither does the bad the good. Being a worker in the Soviet Union meant everybody had chances to rise, to get a very good formal education. Despite the context of war, people had decent living wages and usually a great deal of comfort despite the raging war. The USSR was far from perfect and barely implemented anything Marx said. Still they won WW2 almost by themselves and got rid of hitler.
Cuba is a bit more interesting, see how Americans even go there to get treated because of how horrendously expensive and bad healthcare is in the US. Also they were able to boast a 100% literacy rate in only a few years.
>>
>>336543924
So, Americans are Orks?
>>
File: 1460055319479.jpg (190 KB, 512x600) Image search: [Google]
1460055319479.jpg
190 KB, 512x600
>>336553793
You didn't get the memo did you? The French are surrendering monkeys and the USA are stronk.
>>
>>336553737
>>336553263
Problem with Japan in-game is that the real life considerations that forced them into war aren't represented well by the game mechanics, there's no shortage of resources, no militaristic clique forcing the country into war. If they don't script it it wouldn't happen most of the time and that would leave the US out of ww2 which would impact the European theatre in favour of the germans. It's game balance.
>>
>>336553514
*the most powerful military, despite their superior firepower, resources, numbers and technological advantage
>>
>>336545695
Yes
>but war is more fun
>apparently you can ally with Poland to give you back Danzig and a corridor to the sea and promise to compensate them with Soviet clay
>>
File: ahiviya harel.jpg (361 KB, 1188x1545) Image search: [Google]
ahiviya harel.jpg
361 KB, 1188x1545
>>336553802
>>336553603

>literally defending the shithole that was the soviet union
>while also distancing away because it wasnt TROOOO communism

cant tell if shitposter or actuall communist
>>
>>336545695
It's possible but not fun since everything in this game is geared towards war. Play EU III/IV or Victoria 2
>>
>>336546375
Explain bases and NATO
>>
>>336545695
>but let's say that I just want to restore Germany back to it's pre-WW1 size and avoid WW2, can I do that?
Wouldn't really work IMO. The Nazi economy relied heavily on war industry to stay afloat.

>>336554067
>the USSR was a totalitarian state but achieved incredible milestones
>NO ITS EITHER THE BEST THING EVER OR THE WORST THING EVER

Protip : Marx didn't say anything about gulags, purging ukrainians, encouraging state corruption etc.
>>
>>336553880
France has the best win/ratio of all wars in Europe. Problem is Britain is multiple different things and can't count all at once, if they did, it'd still be worse. England liked winning wars for 99% of the duration then fucking it up in the last 5 years.
>>
>>336553376
>Trump is a fascist meme

retard
>>
I never really got why the Americans are so against the French.

Your political ideology is derived from the Enlightenment and they were a hugely important ally for you in your independence war.

The rivalry makes sense for a lot of European nations because we've all been kicking shit out of each other for thousands of years.
>>
>>336553737
>>336553859
Actually, Lord of the Rings also really happened, and Hearts of Iron is the sequel. The russians are orks after sauron dies and the americans are the eagles who rescue everyone at the end.
>>
>>336554341
>I never really got why the Americans are so against the French.
Because american politicians were gutted that France didn't follow them in their Iraqi War. So they spun all sorts of anti-french propaganda. There's also the rivalry due to nohistory, noculture, things that France has in spades.
>>
>>336554273
Watching the U.S elections from Europe is downright hilarious.
>Hey guys! You can pick between one of these two right-wing parties!
>>
>>336536807
>Rheinland

STRONGEST HOUSE, BETTER THAN LIBERTY BRETONIA KUSARI AND EVEN GALLIA COMBINED
>>
>>336554341
They lost ww2 very badly, then they later kicked out NATO and wanted to retain a relatively independent foreign policy.
In short they aren't complacent sheep.
>>
>>336547053
Hoi2 fan here. Hoi3 sucks balls.
>>
>>336545695
Depends on the country. Peace is possible with some, impossible for Germany/France. You can stay neutral and focus on trade, but it would be fucking boring.
>>
>>336536807
>Not supporting more democracy as Hitler
>>
File: emp trump.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1169) Image search: [Google]
emp trump.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1169
HILLARY! STOP THIS MADNESS! LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO OUR COUNTRY! MY DREAM OF A UNITED COUNTRY HAS BEEN RUINED BY YOUR LUST FOR POWER. YOU MUST BE STOPPED.

>>336554167
Literal memes. Bases are being shut down in Europe and moved to Asia cause China is breaking several International Laws increasing the size of archipelagoes and sand dunes so they can hold airports, satellites and AA defences. Yet nobody does anything, cause USA needs to prepare. There is a reason the fleet has been moved there. There is a reason USA rents the Indian Ocean Territory from UK. There is a reason UK is building another naval base in Bahrain as well.
>>
>>336554405
America has a really interesting history tho. France is only interesting when more interesting people, like the English or Germans, are involved.
>>
File: eisenhorn.jpg (46 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
eisenhorn.jpg
46 KB, 350x500
>>336554559
>mixing up the Emperor of Mankind with that total clown
That's heresy you fucking heretic.
>>
File: 1452544630236.gif (2 MB, 219x186) Image search: [Google]
1452544630236.gif
2 MB, 219x186
>>336553107
>>
>>336547053
>Streamlined design
Honestly, sometimes less is more. Paradox games are always chart/menu heavy. After awhile it detracts from the game. Victoria 2 vanilla is fucking unplayable. You need the expansions and mods.

>No swastika
I thought I heard they are just previewing the german friendly build, but the full game will be uncensored. Even if not, mods; although that is a shit answer.
>>
>>336544231
>>336544464

It's supposed to be a joke, anons.
>>
File: 1462397960308.png (669 KB, 618x481) Image search: [Google]
1462397960308.png
669 KB, 618x481
>>336553802
>Still they won WW2 almost by themselves
Sure thing slavcuck
>>
File: ussr.jpg (41 KB, 485x326) Image search: [Google]
ussr.jpg
41 KB, 485x326
>>336555009
Good goy, keep getting your "historical" "facts" from Hollywood.
>>
>>336554341
Vietnam. French pulled out as we went all in. It was our fault, but it seemed like we were dying for their colony.
>>
File: 1461360919572.jpg (77 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
1461360919572.jpg
77 KB, 384x384
>>336555078
>defends jewish bolschewism
>calls others goy
Also, try winning that war without american economical support against a third reich that wasn't bound anywhere else Sergej
>>
Quick, post music that will trigger reactionaries!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8tBz8Z8Vrk
>>
File: ww2 casualtiers.gif (8 KB, 610x423) Image search: [Google]
ww2 casualtiers.gif
8 KB, 610x423
>>336555217
>american economial support to the ussr
I seriously hope you're baiting.
>>
>>336555235
>not The Internationale
Apply yourself tovarish
>>
>>336555217
russians were already pushing the germans out before the US entered
>>
>>336555290
>it's a "Slavshits think they won WW2" episode
Nice pie chart Sergej, sure is relevant to the topic at hand
>>
>>336555336
Posting some less famous stuff. The French have god tier revolutionary songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gC_152tUQo
>>
>>336536807
>the dev stream where they play the german censored version with hitler as a cute anime girl

G O T Y
O
T
Y
>>
>>336555429
Of course. Also, their national anthem is good too
>>
>>336555235
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxCjNiaYCnI
LET´S GO COMMIES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8EMx7Y16Vo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-C-tjQK0TY
>>
>>336555217
>>336555421
>Eastern Front rages for 6 years, Russians make extremely costly victories and march through Berlin
>USA finally show up in Normandy when the 3rd Reich is running out of steam and push through the western front that was bled dry of soldiers
>n-no we d-did it all, u-usa...
>>
Stalin mod when?
>>
>>336555290
maybe the slavs should build tanks that weren't literally death traps and stop charging into machine gun fire
>>
>>336555520
I actually prefer Le Chant du Départ, unfortunately it was Napoleon's favourite so it's not nearly as sung as the Marseillaise.
>>
>>336547053
Honestly HoI looked too complex. I've been playing it for 2 hours and I still can't figure anything out.

That fucking tutorial was worthless.
>>
>>336555585
>That tactic actually won the war.
>>
>>336555516
I wonder, seeing how you could spin this as some sort of historical pseudo documentary, if we'll get actual swastikas and all the other stuff.
>>
>>336555585
Nice meme. The Nazis had extreme difficulties dealing with Soviet tanks.
>>
>>336555635
No, there has never been one in any of the previous HOI games
>>
>>336555635
>if we'll get actual swastikas and all the other stuff.
If it's not in Vanilla, you can be sure there will be a workshop mod.
>>
>>336555658
nice meme, soviet tanks can't even defeat the finns armed with sticks and bottles of beeres
>>
>>336555532
>Eastern Front
>6 years

4 years senpai. The war against Poland doesn't have anything to do with the Soviets
>>
File: s.png (393 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
s.png
393 KB, 449x401
>>336554537
>Hoi2 fan here
Nigga, HoI2 is the most casual in the series
>>
>>336555942
My bad. Just wanted to emphasize that the fighting on the eastern front never ended whilst the western countries fell rather quickly to the Blitzkrieg.
>>
>>336555874
>>336555585
>literally posts memes

Tanks had superior main tank from 42 onward and were able to efficiently produce them
>>
>>336555942
>IT WAS JUST A PRANK
>>
>>336555972
I always find HoI2 much harder than 3. I literally steamroll my opponents in 3 as any of the great powers, while often i struggle really heavily with breakthroughs in 2
>>
>>336556000
>T-34
>Superior pass 1942
Literally the other way around
>>
>>336541856
I know dude bro. If the Americans didn't fight at Normandy than the Italians would have been wiped out or something, and the allies would have lost the war. Or was it the french
>>
>>336555217

>implying that german economy would have lasted any longer without imploding

Yeah, lend lease helped, but nazi economy was so fucked up even beforehand that it was really just a matter of time. Read Adam Tooze's Wages of Destruction if you don't believe me.
>>
>>336554067
A stateless society cannot have a state, people say it wasn't true communism because it wasn't you fucking retard, it'd be like me saying america is anarchist.
>>
>>336556605
nah, we stopped the italians from defeating the russians and taking over the world
>>
>>336555585

There adequate reasons for why they made the tanks the way they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6xLMUifbxQ
>>
>>336556864
You can smoke weed in a few states though
>>
>>336557167

ps. The second speaker actually talks about the things I referred to, as in differences in production between us, ger and ussr.
>>
>>336557281
lol
>>
>>336557339
give a timecode nigger, you expect me to watch an hour of this?
>>
Italian soldiers weren't worth shit and the japs mostly pestered other chinks
I'd say the luftwaffe is the better option
>>
File: ._..jpg (2 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
._..jpg
2 KB, 125x93
>Is a T34 was the best tank in the war episode
>>
>>336557586
you've been tricked by goering, he's just going to use those funds on booze
>>
>>336555198
As I understand it, that's where most of the animosity originates. Though most Americans seem to focus on the defeat in WW2 rather than that.
>>
>>336541564
America does not go overseas in search of foreign monsters to slay faggot.
>>
>>336555198
>>336558207
The animosity got revived after the invasion of Irak
>Freedom fries
>>
>>336557608
IT WAS
>>
>>336559994
>Slopped armor that become useless once the germans gave the Panzer4 the long gun
>Couldn't be repaired in the field
>Shitty gun
>No radio
>Commander had to do multiple roles
>Crew space was small as fuck
>Almost blind
>Good
>>
>>336536807
>Mein fuhrer, we can't invade Poland
>Vas? Why?
>We don't have the mana

Good show paradox. Showing that abstraction can only make your games worse.
>>
File: 1457300659397.png (221 KB, 460x427) Image search: [Google]
1457300659397.png
221 KB, 460x427
>HOI 2 is casual as fuck
>HOI 3 went overboard with the tactic autism
>Darkest Hour balanced HOI the best
>HOI 4 goes more after Darkest Hour than HOI 3
>apparently thats bad
>>
>>336560808
Shut up Beatrix, don't you have some political dissidents to execute?
>>
>>336560925
>>336560808
That reminds me.

Did that MuvLuv mod for HOI3 get cancelled? Or was it never a thing in the first place?
>>
>>336541856
Sure you did buddy,sure you did

If we disregard the fact that soviets pushed germans back and brits kicked their ass in africa then sure you did.

If we disregard the fact that Brits achieved air dominance and bombed germans to hell then sure you did.
>>
>>336555585
>Soviets charging into machine gun fire
When will this meme end? Soviets had pretty good tactics in WW2 and they werent retarded enough to blindly suicide their soldiers into machine guns.

Only people who did that were from penal legions which was an death sentence anyways
>>
>>336552190
>HoI3 lines do nothing unlike HoI4s
Also you can add more of them to make it look like HoI3s lines sempai
>>
Personally preference here but I kinda dislike how HoI4 looks. I loved the grainy-map feel of HoI3.
>>
>>336561290

explain their shitty kdr
>>
Please tell me this game is more casualised like EU4, i want to get into HOI badly but I cant git gud.
>>
>>336561961
Civilian deaths
Diseases
food shortages
>>
>>336561961
Starvation, winter, losing entire army groups at the outset of the war. They had shit tactics early, but eventually the purges wore off and competent officers came through.
>>
>>336561961
stalin purged everyone with a mic before the war
>>
>tfw have watched over 20 hours of stellaris footage in the last 2 days

Game cannot release fast enough.
>>
>>336561961
Zero leadership for the first years of the war
Shitty vehicles at the start of the war
Getting encircled left and right
Soviet officials not caring about manpower
>>
pls buy stellaris
>>
>>336541964
>implying Britain would have lasted to 1942 without America donating massive amounts of war material
>>
>>336562638
After Germany started the war with the USSR they weren't interested in invading the UK anymore.
>>
>>336560674
>Mein fuhrer, we can't defend Berlin
>Vas? Why?
>We don't have the manz
>>
>>336555421
Learn what slavshit means, new friend.
>>
>>336541716
http://www.historynet.com/did-russia-really-go-it-alone-how-lend-lease-helped-the-soviets-defeat-the-germans.htm
We were more involved in Europe's second suicide attempt than we should have been.
>>
>>336562638
"donating" is a generous description
>>
>>336564461
Clearly it was a wast of over four hundred thousand American lives and an immense expenditure at a time when our people were steel reeling from the great depression.
>>
File: 1444607146460.png (13 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1444607146460.png
13 KB, 400x400
>you can be Hitler and play as nazi germany but the one thing you can't show is the swastika flag that wasn't even invented by the nazis
>>
File: 1447725166205.gif (502 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1447725166205.gif
502 KB, 160x160
>>336542039
Hohoholy fuck. All of Germany's elite troops were in the East getting shit pumped by Russia. Good job stomping those forced conscripts and old men and boys.

Hope you know America entered the war to keep Europe out of the hands of Russia. This is what your son's brothers and fathers died for
>>
>>336566640
Is that guy just laughing all the time ?

He must bet he happiest man on earth
>>
File: kek.jpg (40 KB, 960x743) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
40 KB, 960x743
>>336543435
I hope you know America doesn't conquer countries by painting them red white and blue. That's not how things are done anymore (mostly), they shit out military bases in your country and make sure you will always support them/do what they say. Germany, Japan, South Korea, a thousand years from now they will consider these countries what they really are, proxy states, and Canada will be known also as the country that kept at bay Russian claims to northern territory America didn't feel like patrolling.

I don't want to even get into all the shit going on in south Africa and the middle East.
>>
>>336566640
Dont forget that they still got btfo hard by superior german tactics and operations
>>
>>336536807
I can't fucking wait for this game. I'm gonna play as my country and not make all the wrong decisions. Gotta form a strong united Scandinavia and kill all muslims.
>>
>>336566875
He even laughs when he's scared
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-HA9Cs5Gic 2:40
>>
File: EVERYBODY IS GETTING RAPED.webm (315 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
EVERYBODY IS GETTING RAPED.webm
315 KB, 1280x720
>>336566640
>All those millions of tons of steel and thousands of armored vehicles, trucks and trains didn't come from America
>Stalin made it with mud and his bear hands
>True story tovarish.
>>
>>336567207
he seems like a good hang out pal that I will never have
>>
File: 1453310180891.gif (993 KB, 924x507) Image search: [Google]
1453310180891.gif
993 KB, 924x507
>>336567710
Him and Renner would be a fucking blast. tfw
>>
>>336567417

Who's that bitch
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.