[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When? Its a shame I'd have to dig out my PS3 just to replay this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 8
File: kGem7uO.png (779 KB, 465x700) Image search: [Google]
kGem7uO.png
779 KB, 465x700
When?

Its a shame I'd have to dig out my PS3 just to replay this
>>
I would probably have wanted to replay it if a new game didn't just keep coming out every year, plus clones on top.

Can barely keep up as-is
>>
>>336516297
thats is a terrible photoshop faggot

kill yourself
>>
>>336516297
>ps4
>not PC
>>
File: 2ec.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572 KB, 600x580
>>336516297
>>
>>336516297
Only be interested if they included the broken archstone. Otherwise not needed, and worried they would ruin it for the sake of "balance"
>>
>>336516297
>wanting even more fucking remasters
>being a fucking cancer
>>
I'd be down for it, but the one thing I don't miss is that Tendency bullshit.
It was fucking stupid, and I'm glad the Soulsborne series dropped that shit.
>>
Demon's Souls still looks good. I want Dark Souls.
>>
>>336516812
loved it -- dark tendency all day everyday, but just needed to be easier to manipulate and not be fucked by online
>>
>>336516812

It'd work fine if you could have a total reset of tendency, maybe giving a certain item to an NPC or some shit
>>
>>336516812
faggot.

world tendency was great but could use some work. character tendency was GOAT. even the message options were better. Funny how the online features have regressed.
>>
>>336516812
Just make being online not affect WT. There I just fixed the biggest issue with it.
>>
What I would want from a DeS remaster.

> include an identical copy of the PS3 version, only difference is it runs at 1080p. Compatible with PS3 version for multiplayer.
> a reworked Ps4 version that is rebuilt in the Bloodborne/DaS3 engine.
> Item burden either removed or made so over burdened items are automatically sent to Thomas
> Reworked World Tendancy, make it easier to shift (maybe for price of 1 level you can raise it by 1), make it affect more stuff, maybe change sky-boxes and add new enemy types.
> New moves on weapons, charged R2's and jump attacks.
> Make Soul Form/human form easier to transition between. If you die in Human you reserect in Soul form, but reaching your body restores it (from the descriptions in DeS this is how it sounds like it should work). Failing to reach it means permenant Soul form until you kill a boss, succesfully invade or use a Stone of Empherial eyes.
> 6th Archstone
> Add an extra level to worlds 2, 3, 4 and 5, why does Bolataria have twice as many as the others?
> Fix glitches and exploits
> Allow invasions even if you've killed a boss of an area.
>>
>>336517604
No, the biggest issue is that it resets when you turn off the console.
>>
>>336518174
Because you would connect online and since it based your WT when you initially connect off the world average which always made it gray.
>>
>>336518174
No it doesn't. When you go online it takes the average WT from every player. That's why when you jump on World 4 is always near pure black.
>>
>>336518561
get gud.

During the course of that particular game you can influence World Tendency events by your
actions. When you quit that game, your current World Tendency status is lost to you.

Your actions make up the bulk of the shift. The servers just give you the starting point.

It's not a problem when you get gud and can do runs in one sitting or just don't care.
>>
>>336516297
Ask Sony as they are FOR THE PLAYERS and all
>>
>>336516674
https://twitter.com/yosp/status/685616464229838850?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
>>
>>336516674

Published by Sony

Another case of NEVER EVER
>>
I heard this game is available in Japan on Playstation Now. I have no clue how that works
>>
>>336516297
miyazaki himself ruled out the possibility of touching DeS again in that interview about the Souls series being over.
Then again, you're not missing much. I've played it again recently and my hype over revisiting it suddenly dried out as soon as I beat Flamefucker again. still beat the game, but it wasn't as enjoyable as I expected.
maybe if the remaster mixed up a few item locations and monsters, like DS2 SOTFS, also including the archstone of the northern lands as an expansion.
>>
>>336519836
>you will NEVER fight Owlmen Wizards
>>
Demon's Souls is objectively the worst souls game.
>>
>>336520065
This.

I didn't even finish it and I've done NG+ on all the others
>>
>>336520065
>>336520150
NEVER EVER
>>
I dont own a PS3 and want to play this but why the fuck am I gonna buy a PS3 now for? then I'd have to try to sell it, and thats no easy cookie. Maybe i'll just hang myself
>>
>>336521369
here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLc6Y3j-NsbCmIR4ETdmYDZkSOpl0M2JDT&v=Cx0v18KOii4

now you don't have to buy a whole console for it anymore
>>
>>336516297
>Would rather spend $20-$40 instead of hooking up a PS3.
Fuck, /v/ is lazy
>>
>>336521565
I actually did that with MGS4 and Nier. But it feels bad to do it with an actual game
>>
File: 451234124234.png (293 KB, 757x404) Image search: [Google]
451234124234.png
293 KB, 757x404
Got 2 DeS playthroughs, 6 out of DaS1, can't bring myself finishing 2, 7 with BB... Still haven't finished DaS3. I feel tired playing the formula
>>
Xbox One gets Dark Souls Remastered
PS4 Gets Dark Souls Remastered with a bonus Demon's Souls Remastered as well.
>>
>>336521986
>Xbox One gets Dark Souls Remastered
nah it was just BC and Blighttown was still borked
>PS4 Gets Dark Souls Remastered with a bonus Demon's Souls Remastered as well.
they can't be bundled because DS is published by Namdai, while DeS is from Atlus.
>>
>>336519836
That's what we have blue point for, from would not need to work on it
>>
>>336522185
bluepoint would just work with whatever content the game already has, while From would have been able to finish the cut content in the broken archstone
>>
I really hope it happens one of the few remasters I'd actually play.
>>
>>336516570

No OP but apart from the questionable use and font of the word 'remastered' the photoshop is fine.

You need to prioritise your life and stop being such a little bitch.
>>
>>336522357
Same here, man. Feel like all I play is the ps2 this year. All I have for ps4 is all the souls games and Type-0.
>>
>>336522491
>apart from the questionable use and font of the word 'remastered' the photoshop is fine
nope, the knight is cropped
>>
>>336522634

OH MY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT WHAT AN ATROCITY IS LIFE EVEN WORTH LIVING?

dingus
>>
>>336522950
if you don't care about cutting up the cover art, then anything would be fine.
also
>telling people to stop being a little bitch then sperging out in all caps
oh the ironing
>>
>>336516297
Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP. If they wanted they could get Blue Point Games (or whoever the fuck makes them) to make a god tier 1080p60fps remaster; From wouldn't even have to divert their resources towards it. They should totally do that. Fix the netcode while they're at it, too.
>>
>>336518029
>> Item burden either removed or made so over burdened items are automatically sent to Thomas
>> Make Soul Form/human form easier to transition between. If you die in Human you reserect in Soul form, but reaching your body restores it

what are you casul?

>>Failing to reach it means permenant Soul form until you kill a boss, succesfully invade or use a Stone of Empherial eyes.

so how it already is?
>>
>wanting to buy a game you already have because you can't be bothered plugging in a few cables

Man, the cancer is strong.
>>
>>336523585
I like how PS3 and PS4 can use the exact same cables I just put the PS3 on top and swap the cables when I want to use it

although there's only like 3 games I still want to play on it and doubt I'll replay anything, likely retire it completely soon
>>
Why not Steam? Why can't Sonyfriends share the goodness?
>>
>>336523926
because Sony owns the IP, so it has just as much of a chance of becoming multiplat as Uncharted and God of War
>>
>>336523736
>although there's only like 3 games I still want to play on it and doubt I'll replay anything, likely retire it completely soon
ps4 had a short life
>>
>>336524064
if NEO ends up like the New 3DS, then it probably will
>>
You can play it on PS4 with PS Now.
>>
>>336524238
>streaming lag on top of an already sub-30fps game
>netcode even more fucked up
noep
>>
>>336518029
Actual essential changes:

>Fix running firestorm
>Auto-stockpile picked items when burdened
>No tendency change on online login
>Allow invasions/coop in body form
>Increase weight of grass
>Cut all health regen effects by half

That's it. I'd even be fine with them leaving the dupe glitch alone, since it has its upsides and limitations.
>>
>>336521878
I played DeS first, DS2 second and am now on DaS.

I've played through DeS 5 times, DS2 twice and can't bother with DaS. DaS gets bad after Anor Londo, as everyone knows. The problem is that the challange is gone. I can already beat everything and I know it. There's no feeling of accomplishment anymore. It's just a slog.
>>
>>336524435
dupe glitch is necessary for bladestone builds, otherwise people wouldn't bother using them
>>
>>336524396
At least you can use the save editor on PS3 saves.
>>
>>336516803
this, this gen is bloated enough with this shit as it is
>>
The thing I love about DeS is that there were no stupid weapon nerfs for PvP. The rapier does less damage than the estoc because the rapier is a smaller sword. It's not more powerful for the sake of balancing it's shorter reach in PvP battles. Spears also are thrusted faster and have a wide range of movements. I just dislike how they nerfed all the good weapons in the later games because of PvP. It fucked with PvE.
>>
>>336524578
>DS2 twice and can't bother with DaS. DaS gets bad after Anor Londo, as everyone knows.
what about DS2?
it gets bad in several areas. those goddamn Shreks with huge hitboxes, the shaded woods with all the invisible dudes, NMW with all the instakill pirates, Amana's Touhou swamp and Dragon Shrine's drakekeepers that keep swinging 2-ton maces like styrofoam sticks nonstop thanks to infinite stamina
>>
>>336524724
I'd rather have a good remaster than a brand new piece of shit
>>
>>336525240
I have no problems with the enemies outside of the DLC. The ones in the DLC are only problematic because they're actually difficult to fight.
>>
>>336525590
the only ones that are actually hard are the skellingtons in Sunken King, the greatbow wraiths in Iron King and the blizzard ponies in Ivory King
and that's just because everything is scaled to endgame stats, so their resistances and aggresiveness make them tougher than usual.
>>
>>336522491
Look, it's Mr. Edgelord.
>>
File: 1382908606741.jpg (175 KB, 500x444) Image search: [Google]
1382908606741.jpg
175 KB, 500x444
i just want demon's souls with more content. that's it. I want it to be just as broken balance-wise as it always was, there should just be more stuff to break
>>
>>336516489
They're short games, man.
>>
So is it on PS Now or not? By the way why does no one know anything about PS Now? Also apparently PS Now also works with PS TV? potentially playing Demon's Souls on PS TV
>>
>>336524602
I unironically think the dupe glitch was a great addition to the game. You still have to work for the upgrade materials, since you need to find the first "real" copy, so it only cuts down on grinding. It also makes limited resources like White Arrows actually usable instead of sitting there rotting in your inventory. The only downside would be bad players using it for infinite souls and grass, which in practice is a nonissue.
>>
>>336528103
what is there to talk about it? it just works with whatever games they enable it on PSN, aren't recommended for fast-paced action games due to streaming lag and the price usually isn't worth it for long games like RPGs.
PSTV is a nice streaming box that also happens to be compatible with some Vita games too.
>>
File: 1430590597176.png (14 KB, 196x175) Image search: [Google]
1430590597176.png
14 KB, 196x175
>>336528294
>duped colorless demon's souls to upgrade hiltless to +5 at a low SL
>killed any invaders in 1-2 hits
i'd feel bad if I wasn't having so much fun
>>
>>336524238
It's not on PS Now you fucking liar
>>
>>336528594
it is
on japan PSN
>>
>>336528696
Let me guess, it's the Japanese version only? Not even the Asian version with English text?
>>
>>336528594
even if it was, it's a twitchy combat game. it's got serious delay and it probably makes the game terrible
>>
>>336529524
yup, moonspeak
if you want eng+asian stuff, there's another PSN for games like that. it's not on JP region.
>>
File: 1448348616861.png (52 KB, 470x359) Image search: [Google]
1448348616861.png
52 KB, 470x359
>4 character limit
>>
>>336527881
not if you're playing them right
>>
>wanted Demon's Souls remaster
>wanted Red Dead Redemption remaster
>wanted Dragon's Dogma remaster

I won't get what I want.
>>
>>336529816
NG+ onwards you aren't wasting time looking for every nook and cranny just to get duplicates of shitty equipment.
>>
>>336516297
>sold ps2 to buy a ps3 thinking it would be backwards compatible
>sold PS3 for PS4 thinking it would be backwards compatible

why are we so obsessed with Sony again?
>>
>>336529903
>wanted Dragon's Dogma remaster
considering the point of remasters is to simply make them run at better specs, all you need is this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/367500/
>>
>>336528518
>Hiltless
That's my weaponfu, don't you touch her.
>>
>>336530102
Yeah, but I wanted a remaster with the moon.
Things that were supposed to be in the game as new DLC.
I thought that's what we'd get with the new PC release.
Sadly, I was mistaken.
>>
>>336530021
>buying hardware "thinking" it will have specific features
no faget, you're supposed to wait until said features are revealed so you can make sure that they exist.
I'm not selling my PS4 to get a NEO until I make sure all of the games I'm expecting will have a significant upgrade that justifies the extra cost.
>>
>>336527754
We'll never get the valley of giants dlc.
>>
>>336532626
meh, it wouldn't be that different from the Ivory King's castle and Cainhurst anyway
a Souls-like game with a hindu setting like Asura's Wrath would have a lot more different areas and enemies. I'd suggest something greek, but God of War has covered a lot of stuff already and I'm not willing to beat Zeus again, specially after fighting the Nameless King.
>>
>>336516812
>doing SL1 run
>going through 4-2
>oh god this is a fucking nightmare come to life
>die so many times that I hit pure black and the level becomes impossible to get through at SL1
>don't understand how the tendencies really work so I have to take hour breaks after enough deaths to get the tendency to revert to the server standard
Fucking DaS SL1 wasn't as much of a pain in the ass, jesus fuck.
>>
>>336518029
Changing WT by going to the Monumental and paying souls. That guy/girl is a cosmic keystone so changing WT is doable.
>>
>>336533309
>not playing offline due to tendency sync with server
>not comitting sudoku every time you reincarnate after killing a boss
this tendency shit was a horrible idea.
>>
>>336533620
>>not comitting sudoku every time you reincarnate after killing a boss
why would I do that
>>
>>336533767
dying in body form makes WT go black
by never dying in a specific map, it never goes down. it stays neutral until you beat the boss.
from there onwards, it can only go positive until you reach Pure White.
>>
>>336533953
I needed body form for 4-2 though because half the enemies will one-shot me through ward+cling without it
>>
>>336533953
at PWWT your HP penalty in soul form won't be much of a hassle. wearing Cling Ring activates Casual Mode.
>>
>>336516713
>runs at 15 - 20 fps
>sub-720p
>ps2 graphics
>remaster not needed
kek
>>
>>336534085
why would you go there early?
get blueblood sword or DBS first, then Shrine of Storms becomes a cakewalk.
>>
>>336534292
>blueblood
>dbs
anon do you know what SL1 means
>>
>>336534368
ah I see
well, like I said, WT will make it easier. since 4-1 is short and Adjudicator is a joke, you'll see a big difference once tendency kicks in.
>>
>>336534698
this was a while ago, I finished the run already
I don't think WT could have ever helped me as I went into body form after every death for the extra health, no chance in hell I would make white
>>
>>336534851
you were just gimping yourself even more, this isn't even a regular SL1 but an intentional PBWT run
>>
>>336535050
as i stated earlier though I would just stop playing once I hit PBWT and wait for the server to slowly bring me back to the median
its a pussy move but after the shit 3-3, 4-2, 1-4, and 5-2 pulled on my I was ready to enter in a fucking gameshark if it was possible
>>
>>336535237
activating Easy Mode in Demon's Souls requires some knowledge of where things are, but it's easy and can be done at any point in the game

as soon as you start, duplicate the usable soul item you got from the tutorial. if you've got the Vanguard soul, even better.
buy the best equipment you find at Boldwin's and upgrade it to +3 with ores that he also sells.

-
if you'd rather faceroll with DBS:

proceed through 1-1 until you reach the dragons, bait the red one to the bridge and do a suicide run for the purple flame shield at the dragon nest

proceed as usual through the spider and flamefucker, which will be considerably easier with that (the rest depends on knowing the boss' patterns to know when to attack)

skewer dragon god and get your sword. duplicate DG's soul and level up.

-
if you'd rather have BBS:

proceed through 5-1 until you reach the first vendor and get the black turpentine. go back to nexus, duplicate it and spam it through the big nosed fucks until you reach the boss.

next area, find your way through the poison lake without aggroing 30 enemies, take care not to get cornered in the shantytown, buy 1 of the best grass from vendor, beat dirty colossus, duplicate it, bait Garl Vinland to smash you so you can poke him.

get Astraea's soul, get the sword at Ed's, boost STR and Luck

from there onwards, the game is broken.
>>
>>336534236
the graphics are better done than in Dark Souls 1 & 2
much more appealing for me, looks darker idk
>>
FromSoftware will weasel out of their 2 first-party title deal with Sony by making one of them Demon's Souls Remastered. It will happen. I'd be surprised if we didn't hear anything about it at E3, considering there will be a Soulsborne drought until at least 2018 now that both the major games they had in development have been released.
>>
>>336516297
>Wasting time on a remaster of a game from last gen

No and people would just shit on Demon Souls because over half the current souls fanbase never played it.
>>
>>336529816
Demon's Souls' first playthrough took me 26 hours. Dark Souls 2 took me 29 hours.

Bloodborne took me 27 hours to plat.

They're not that long. You can easily get through a Souls game in like 10-12 hours if you have prior knowledge.
>>
>>336536396
even worse:

kill Ostrava as soon as you find him in 1-1, just kick him down to the dreglings

get either sword and level up as much as you need

go up there to fight that red eyed motherfucker

enter the mausoleum, fight Doran

equip his armor and ring, level up enough to make equip burden low for fastroll

now you're a ninja
>>
>>336536983
How the fuck do you people do this? I have DaS2 clocked in at 89 hours. And that's just 1 playthrough. How the fuck , And no wonder you all talk badly about the games you barely even play them, y'all just rush through everything
>>
File: Butterfree.jpg (643 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Butterfree.jpg
643 KB, 1920x1080
>>336536546
>Better graphics than DaS 1
Sure
>>
>>336536546
The artstyle and overall design is miles better, but it's a technical mess that begs for a remaster.
>>
Demons Souls on the Vita when?
>>
>>336537254
Oh please you can clear all the content in 2 in less than 40 hours on your first play through.
>>
>>336537321
>mods
its a good thing you PC fags have them, because it would be unplayable otherwise
>>
>>336536983
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the ADHD gamer. *tips*
>>
>>336537768
There are no mods in that photo other than DSFix, which is REQUIRED to get the game to run at standard resolutions.
>>
>>336537768
Actually, it plays exactly the same as the Xbox 360 version without mods, just locked at 30 fps. The only mod in that pic is increased internal resolution, which has been a standard PC gaming feature for decades. DSfix allows for 4k/60 fps. The base game looks like that, but at 720p.
>>
>>336525376
The only reason to have a remaster is if there is definitive differences that weren't possible on in the original. The only good remaster I've seen is the Resident Evil one. Name one good reason why Demons Souls NEEDS to be remastered.
>>
>>336538434
Runs like shit
Looks like shit
It's a great game and can be argued its better than any of the dark souls and it would benefit from being remastered
>>
>>336537954
Gehrman and the Moon Presence weren't even hard, and I was like level 63 with 20 vitality when I fought them.
>>
>>336536396
You don't even need that much. Just use the Halberd. Doesn't matter what you upgrade it into, it destroys everything in the game. But if you want to be immortal just make it Divine and there you go.
>>
>>336538723
Des is probably my second favorite of the series and I see no reason to remaster it. I don't really care about graphics and I've never had problems with it running.
>>
>>336537954
Wasn't there a guy who got the BB plat in like 10 hours?
>>
>>336538925
>I've never had problems with it running

You mean apart from the fact that it doesn't even manage a consistent 30fps?
>>
>>336516297

I'd love for a remaster, all those fresh victims to introduce to the scraping spear.
>>
>>336538925
Just because you don't see it as an issue doesn't mean it's not. Even at release the graphics and fra erste were subpar. It was only overlooked because the game has a fantastic setting and good gameplay.
>>
>>336539128
I don't recall it ever stuttering or slowing down so no. Where would it happen?
>>
>>336539559

Are you serious?

Demon's Souls' framerate constantly drops into the low 20s. Particle effects especially cause it to plummet, sometimes as far down as single digits.

I don't know what to say if this isn't patently obvious to you when playing, you'd have to be blind not to see it.
>>
>>336540009
I honestly do not remember it ever doing that. Maybe I need to replay it to see since I must have blocked it out of my memory or something.
>>
File: 1437702833692.png (232 KB, 353x350) Image search: [Google]
1437702833692.png
232 KB, 353x350
>>336539501
>the huge influx of katana fags from DS3
>scraping spear
Oh dear god yes I want this even more now
>>
has anyone played it on PS Now? I bet the latency is awful
>>
>>336540540
Who the hell uses PS Now? I'd rather just buy physical copies of the games.
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.