[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nioh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: NiOh-Crop[1].jpg (70 KB, 824x492) Image search: [Google]
NiOh-Crop[1].jpg
70 KB, 824x492
Are you a conqueror yet? You've only got a few more hours left.

This game is fun as fuck and a day 1 buy for me, but it's going to flop HARD. It's just way too obtuse for how complex it is compared to the Souls series.

Not only is it too complex for its obtuseness, the things it does convey to the player in the first 30 minutes are all completely wrong. A new player running around without understanding ki pulse and without understanding stances and without understanding the armor/loot system is going to run out, run out of stamina and stand there catching their breath, and get one-shot by the weakest enemy in the game. From this they are going to assume:
1-All enemies hit this hard and you'll be getting OHKO'd all game
2-Using stamina gets you killed and you have to be incredibly slow in order to not die

What did you think of your time with the Nioh demo?
>>
FUCK YOU BALL AND CHAIN MAN
>>
>>336490018
I'll probably pick it up for $10 on sale when the game eventually bombs
>>
>>336490080
How bout we settle this in the boat, just you and me? Get outta that jabroni warlord set.
>>
>>336490080
>losing to Onryoki
Alright chump, here's how you beat Onryoki:
1) Make sure you have decent equipment. If you need a strong sword fight the Dev Revenant in the cave to the left of the boat
2) Make sure you have kick
3) stay in mid stance and dodge left or right to avoid his slam, then kick him. You can get more kicks in with slow talismans
4) Block the inevitable 360 spin, it's very easy to block
5) look for his stamina to empty then spam high stance attacks
6) when his chains break just watch out for him to throw the balls, just double-dodge out of the way when he throws and go to town

Also, it goes without saying, but using living weapon when their stamina is empty will absolutely destroy yokai and bosses
>>
>>336490587

I've died about 20 or 30 times to him so far at a guess. Maybe more, I've not been counting.

I've mainly been using a high stance so I can get good single hits in then retreat. Sword has 194 attack on it.

I've tried blocking the 360 but while I can block the first time he spins the second time always knocks me down.

When he loses the chains, dodging the ball throws has been easy but everything else he does is hard to punish.

I'll try what you suggested
>>
It's only obtuse for the first 30 minutes.
The second you understand how to Ki Pulse, you're golden.

Also why is nobody mentioning that tomorrow is the last day of the demo, and not today?
Get your shit together, gents.
>>
Who /nuemale/ here?
>>
>>336491192
>high stance
Just hit his back dude.
There's some move you can get that's a combo finisher for high stance sword, just go square-triangle on his spinal cord until that piƱata pops.
>>
>>336491192
What magic are you using? Slow talismans make Onryoki trivial.
>>
>>336490018
Do you get anything from beating the second boss?
>>
>>336491475

That's what I've been doing. But usually if I go for that finisher it doesn't leave me enough stamina to dodge or block his next attack.
>>
how do i ki pulse
>>
1) How do I ki pulse?
2) When do I get to summon my guardian spirit or use this 'living weapon' malarkey?

I'm stuck at the boss and pretty sure I need to learn both to stand a chance to beat him given how shit I am.
>>
>>336491547

I've not used any magic so far.
>>
>>336490080
Why has no one called out the shill yet?
Get it together /v/
>>
>>336491551
The best sword in the demo.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWsuxO-A36o
nothing personal
>>
>>336491674
Press R1 after a combo, but the later the better, but not too late. You'llsee that the red part slowly fills up again try to press R1 as soon as it's filled. Or just look at the particles around you
You can summon you spirit by pressing triangle and circle at the same time when the symbol in the upper left is pulsating. It fills up by killing enemeis
>>
>>336491737
If you've levelled up at all you have magic points to spend. In learn skills there are 5 categories: katana, spear, axe, ninjitsu, and magic. The three weapons share skill points, but ninjitsu and magic use their own pools. Spend your points and you can ready ninjutsu and spells at the shrine.
>>
>>336492026
STOP BULLYING NUE
>>
>>336492096
Thanks!

Does the spirit just do one thing then fuck off, or is it a full summon?
>>
>>336492026
his second video is not stylish but better as a tutorial. he destroyed him at level 1 ffs. meaning he beat the whole thing at level 1...
https://youtu.be/cIpjfGNjlUQ
>>
>>336490018
>it's going to flop HARD
>the people who have played it and understand it love it and constantly make threads about it
You're acting like anything that doesn't sell 10 million copies is a flop. KT is used to having games only sell a couple hundred thousand, and Ni-Oh will do better than most of their games usually do because it's cashing in on the "le ready to die" hype and people have been waiting since 2004 for it.
>Not only is it too complex for its obtuseness
Maybe if you're retarded.
>Not only is it too complex for its obtuseness, the things it does convey to the player in the first 30 minutes are all completely wrong.
Nope, it doesn't. Everything you need to know is explained.
>without understanding stances
Explains that, and you can still use stances and figure them out on your own before reaching the audio about them.
>without understanding the armor/loot system
Nothing to understand.
>>
It's funny i feel more comfortable dodging to the let in this game. Also who else got that op as fuck katana drop?
>>
File: 1458717799912.png (168 KB, 400x480) Image search: [Google]
1458717799912.png
168 KB, 400x480
>>336491750
Because op didn't say this was goat or any thing and even went so far as to say it's a huge flop, a fun flop but still.
>>
>>336492026
This just proves it. Is there any reason NOT to use low stance? Dat fucking ki pulse on dash
>>
>>336492191
You pretty much go super mode and you life gets replaced by a meter, you can just attack until it's empty, if you get hit a part of the meter also dissapears. So it's best to kick bosses a lot to empty their Ki and then just kill them with the spirit. The spirits also have pasisve abilites though like +20% Ki restore etc
>>
How much time left?
My controller just ran out of battery, and all I have is a charging station, so I can't play for some time now.
I think I'm near the first boss.

I like the game, it feels like PS2 in an extremely welcome way.
I don't think it's anywhere near Souls quality, though. The atmosphere and level design are somewhat weak, and some of the mechanics feel like complexity for complexity's sake
>>
I've played through the demo once in movei and twice in action made and man action mode makes it way better and almost easier. You can suddenly see all the frames of the bosses attacks and can easily dodge them
That said, i don't see why the game can't run at 60fps in movie mode. Unless it's their old PS3 assets and they try to force it onto PS4 hardware
>>
>>336492209
He could have stunlocked him to death there.
>>
>>336492381
this game is like ninja gaiden in the sense that what matters most is knowing your enemies inside out. After that nothing matters, you can use whatever weapon or stance or build or anything.
>>
>>336492209
It's pretty much the same as in Souls or other games. If you know what you do and don't get hit, lvl 1 isn't too much of a difference. Since most of your attack power comes from weapons
>>
>>336492312
>couple hundred thousand
>it'll sell on dark souls marketing
Except the normies who like Dark Souls who tried Nioh fucking hated it, precisely because of the poor conveyance of the first few minutes. They get killed in one shot by the first mook and go "Oh, it's just a shitty janky too-hard Dark Souls. Next game."

If you don't think the game is obtuse you're just fucking wrong.
>>
File: 101928911.gif (350 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
101928911.gif
350 KB, 500x351
>>336490018
>really wanted to try the game because it looks fantastic
>there was no chance in hell I'd buy a PS4 before it had enough games
>PS4.5 announced
Oh well, maybe some day Sony will get the finger out of their ass and stop shilling trash multiplats. If they'd actually have invested in more exclusives I'd probably have bought and gotten cucked, and might not even have regretted it.
>>
>>336492381
Well, who knows what kind of enemies will be in the full game and how big groups of enemies will get. Maybe we will fight 3 oni or 2 nues at some point
The balance in the demo is alright, but i hope they extend that to the full game
>>
Will this game have a real narrative since it's based on a movie or will it be like Dark Souls and mainly be told through item descriptions?
>>
>>336491769
Is that it or is there a second Mark of the Conqueror for another set of DLC?
>>
Anyone seriously bothered by the pulse flashes and effects?
I started to pull off several really quickly and soon it's the only thing you hear in battle. Not to mention it looks lame as fuck
>>
>>336490018
No kanabo me no buy.
>>
>>336491769
Actually the best sword doesn't come from the boss but a bloodstain summon.
>>
>>336492907
Probably mission descriptions, some corpse dialogues and shit
I hope the game will have some kind of village with NPCs though. Just going from mission to mission on the map is a little boring
>>
>>336492907
I hope it does have an actual story because then the character being fixed is fucking stupid
>>
>>336493159
His name being William is even gayer.
>>
>>336492924
That's it, there's no out-of-game reward for beating the second level.
>>
>>336492907
The movie tie-in idea was tossed out when the game originally had development problems. The movie also doesn't seem to be every happening anymore either so yeah, it's got nothing to do with the movie.
>>
File: 1461423309088.jpg (164 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461423309088.jpg
164 KB, 1920x1080
>>336491547
>>336490587

I FUCKING DID IT

THANKS YOU GUYS

The slow talismans and the advice to go medium stance and reduce his Ki with the kick really helped, I didn't realise how much a difference that made.
>>
File: 1461141708142.gif (182 KB, 226x224) Image search: [Google]
1461141708142.gif
182 KB, 226x224
>>336493667
Well done.
The fact that enemies also have KI/stamina makes the game a lot more interesting
>>
File: JfOjy91.jpg (23 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
JfOjy91.jpg
23 KB, 480x270
>He didn't beat the second stage twice to get the Tonbo-kiri

Spears is where it's at
>>
File: yourewelcome.gif (901 KB, 500x212) Image search: [Google]
yourewelcome.gif
901 KB, 500x212
>>336493667
>>
>>336493021
I really hope the final game doesn't have as strict of a mission structure as the demo. It's lame as shit that you can't bail on a mission to go back to a previous area until you complete the current mission. I'm also not a fan of the mission map idea. I guess that's partially me being too used to Souls but I'd prefer some sort of interconnectivity in the world or a central hub area, leaving the map just for quick travel between areas/shrines.

>>336493159
A lot of people are suspecting there will be multiple characters. It's weird that they give you a fixed character and yet spam his name on every other screen unless there will be other available characters as the game progresses. That sort of begs the question of how those characters will be handled though. Will they just be blanks like William in that their stats/skills are freely customizable, primarily there for trying out different character builds more easily in one playthrough? Or will they be totally unique, having the same basic stats to level but entirely different skills available? Will they be freely changeable or will certain missions/story points force you into a specific character?

I'm sure the game will be largely narrative driven but if they're going to go with full cutscenes eventually or just the mission text like the demo is anybody's guess.
>>
>>336490018
i riked it
>>
>>336492381
high stance masterrace
>>
>>336494770
Theres this item you get when you finish the first stage that teleports you to the mission select.
>>
>>336494770
Even something like Genji on the PS2 would be nice, where you have a map, but you also have small villages with merchants and NPCs that you can go to
>>
So does anybody know what's going to happen to the demo after tomorrow? Is the demo just being pulled from the PSN store and the Mark of the Conqueror made unavailable, or will the demo just be automatically deactivated? I'm really hoping it's just the former and we can still play it if we already have it on our systems. I'm sure Revenants will be disabled but I still want to mess around with the demo more and try out the skills I ignored the first time through.

>>336495075
Oh, is that the seppuku sword?
>>
>>336495482
No, its the wood thingie

Its one of the rewards
>>
>>336492703
If you think the game is obtuse you're a games journalist that can't even pay attention to when there is text on the screen telling you how to do shit alongside a ghost narrator talking.

The game shoves information down your throat to the point soulsfags would call it handholding if it were in Dark Souls.

If you ignore the large text with a narrator, the menu with large glowing exclamation point that directs you to the encyclopedia where all the information you are given gets stored so you can see it again, the first cutscene that points you directly at the body with the sword that tells you how to equip it, and the videos they give you, then you're quite literally an idiot.
>>
Is there any way to check your playtime?
>>
I loved it, just remove the pulse system it's fucking stupid and add nothing to the game, it's almost worse than DMC4's exceed system
>>
>>336495482
It's the branch.

If you use the branch you get teleported back to the map with all of your amrita, but it resets the level.
>>
>>336495859
It's the whole mechanic of the game, pretty much active reload
It works perfectly fine
>>
>>336495808
Game isn't obtuse but the "tutorial" mmessages are way to spread out for what i assume is the beginning area.
>>
>>336495926
But once you get it the stamina is also unlimited
So why not make it unlimited in the first place
>>
>>336496016
It's not though, it still costs Ki and you have to time it
>>
>>336495958
Every tutorial message is placed where they want you to use a certain mechanic. The entire first stage is designed to teach concepts.

When you get the stone off the body right after the first bandit you run into the axe and spear guy on the hill and it says to use the stone to lure one away.

When you get the bow and arrow it's on top of the hill overlooking the mansion where the archer is below you and tells you how to equip it, fire it, and zoom in.

It does things like that throughout the first half of the map putting you in scenarios designed for that specific mechanic.
>>
>>336493004
What summon?
>>
>>336496296
>>336495958
>>336495808
The test of whether a game's conveyance is good is "Did most players get the message?"

The answer here is an emphatic "no."
>>
>>336496016
Perfect ki pulses also gets rid of the youkai circle that fucks with your ki recovery
>>
>>336496528
Clearly Team Ninja wasn't expecting people to be as dumb as games journalists are.

Maybe next time they'll just write up a wiki.
>>
>>336494343

I agree, I haven't played a Souls game in a while so maybe that's why it feels fairly fresh. Enjoying myself despite how fucking stressful it is.

Also: summoning a phantom is fucking OP. The guy I just summoned for the second level led me to all the secret spots and basically demolished most of the enemies. I feel bad I got killed at the Cyclops at the fog door.
>>
>>336496347
It's random, just looks for high level guys, it's a lightning sword.

>>336496296
bro you're officaly learning drop attacks 3/4 into the first area by a message when you have the common sense to do so early game if you played an action game. Even the cleansing effect when you pulse is given to you far to late.

Seems you think this game is perfect and can launch in this condition.
>>
>>336496709
That's nice actually.
Then a hope they'll remove the ki sound at least, and the bloom too.
>>
>>336496873
You learn cleansing when you're in a village full of Oni, the only enemies that utilize the yokai corruption.

You learn drop attack in an area designed specifically for the drop attack.

Or are you saying the Dark Souls 1 taught you the drop attack too late as well since you had to go all the way to the end of the tutorial zone to even use it?
>>
>tfw getting my ass handed to me by the first oni
>>
>>336497207
>>336496873
what point in the first levle does it teach you ki pulse? because holy shit i had no idea about it and it would have helped very early in the level like on the fuckin beach.
>>
isn't there a survey for after the demo? maybe you should leave feedback there

i played it tonight for the first time and it's fun but i didn't get to grip with it, it seems very difficult
>>
>>336497414
blocking is way more useful than dodging

its not like ds3 blocking where 1/3 or half your stamina is taken depending on your shield.

fuck you can block the first bosses moves really easily and hes fuckhuge
>>
Honest question to the people that struggled, and don't lie to me please.

Did you read the tutorials in the start menu? Did you experiment with controls? Do you feel you explored well?

I'm genuinely not trying to be an ass and I died a bunch myself, but none of the mechanics seemed obtuse to me.

I recognized ki pulse as active reload pretty much immediately, I learned to stance switch before I fought my first enemy etc etc.
>>
>>336497285
Get sloth, it will help a lot.
>>
>>336490587
Or you can not be retarded and do it the easy way, water talisman, roll between the legs when he lunges, and when he goes 2nd form, use your spirit attack or whatever its called and go ham.
>>
>>336496528
People nowadays have lost the ability to look beyond what's directly in front of them. This game has very clever level design in a way that demands the player think about his options and the surroundings, and that's just too much to ask of some people who are far too used to signposts and everything being detailed in a 2 minute cutscene beforehand.
>>
>>336497605
Or I can simply throw a fire shuriken and watch it burn to death.
>>
>>336497730
Begs the question how any of the "souls veterans" that find Ni-Oh too obtuse and difficult even managed to get through any of the souls games. I feel like the only answer is that they either read a wiki, a guide, or watched youtube guides.
>>
>>336496751
>>336497730
I don't know a single person who figured out how ki pulse works based on what the game showed them. I and everyone I've talked to learned it from another person.
>>
>>336497367
One of the dead bodies past the area with the ambush and split path tells you all you need to know without saying "Press R1 now to Ki Pulseā„¢". It also mentions it during the loading screens after death. Speaking of, I'm sure everyone completely ignored those too, and the Help button.
>>
2016's Wonderful 101

Niche game that's too hard for everyone but the 30,000 people who will buy it.
>>
>>336497869
Souls games, comparatively, are much much simpler. R1 and R2 attack, circle dodges, that's literally all you need to know to grasp Souls combat.

Nioh requires much more knowledge of the game's systems to be competent. Ki pulse is absolutely vital to success, so is knowing all the differences between the dodges and attacks in different stances.

Nioh combat is more of an action game with combo trees and skills and execution requirements. That doesn't jive well with obtuse mechanics.
>>
>>336497889
i had an argument with a guy asking what ki pulse was and he gave me the most condescending remark ever. he told me to go look at the online manual which i'm pretty sure doesn't exist

>>336497970
you realize those hints are random and requires you to die a lot. ki pulse still isn't explained is it? just says to press r1 now which should have been "press r1 after attacks at the right time to regen stamina quicker"
>>
>>336498059
Man, it really is similar isn't it.

Oh well, I loved the shit out of W101.
>>
>>336497604

I struggled, but I'll freely admit it's more down to my ability (or lack of it) than the game being obtuse. Systems like the Ki Pulse I learned fairly on through the internet however, so I don't know if my experience is like other people's.
>>
Reminder DSP beat first stage with only 20 deaths
>>
>>336497889
I figured it out. Even before you get the prompt telling you it's easy to notice how the Ki gauge fills before actually filling and wonder why it does that and try to change stances after attacking, at least for people who actually try to figure out how a game is played.
>>
>>336498229

Even the boss? Damn.
>>
>>336497889
It's just active reload if you ever played Gear of War or another game that used that system.
>>
>>336498405
yup
>>
>>336490018

it's also an exclusive, a new IP and from fucking team ninja of all devs
>>
File: comeonnow.jpg (45 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
comeonnow.jpg
45 KB, 600x375
>>336498229
>implying it wasn't super obvious that he had played it beforehand and deleted his save
>>
File: 109123191.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
109123191.jpg
133 KB, 1920x1080
>>336498229
I died like 20 times on the first guy alone.
>>
>>336497889
So somehow you missed the three times in the first stage that bodies talk about ki pulse and completely ignored every skill and the amrita memory encyclopedia that talked about ki pulse.

>>336498086
Because R1, R2, and circle is so much more complicated than Square, Triangle, and X.

The combo trees aren't even complex. I hit square for one hit, now do I press triangle to end the combo or keep going?
>>
>stances don't combo well into one another
SHIT GAME
>>
File: eventhiscatistiredofyourshit.jpg (72 KB, 570x380) Image search: [Google]
eventhiscatistiredofyourshit.jpg
72 KB, 570x380
>>336498505
>Because R1, R2, and circle is so much more complicated than Square, Triangle, and X.
Now you're the one being obtuse.
>>
>>336498110
The loading screen hints are random, but not the dead body ones. The hint itself says something to the effect of "When you finish an attack, return to a fighting stance to recover your Ki and prepare for another strike." Anyone should instantly home in on the word "stance" there and that's all you need to know. This is completely barring any kind of exploration that could and should be done by the player, since you know, exploring a game's mechanics is fun. Also if you had actually looked at the screen on the main menu, it tells you that a button takes you to the online manual.
>>
>>336498423

I died a fair few times at the first area, before I got to grips with the mechanics. I died less after I opened the ladder shortcut, a few times to the Oni. Then a few times in the village proper. I think I probably died more times overall at the boss than the rest of the level.

Wish there was a way of checking stats.
>>
>>336498474
Or maybe he released all his stupidity and incompetence when he fapped beforehand
>>
File: op as fuck.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
op as fuck.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>336496347
Here you go, look for katana guys with purple weapon rankings when checking bloodstains( higher level seems to be he ones that have a chance to drop it). I farmed quite a bit. Nothing i found out damages a fucking katana.
>>
>>336498597
I wonder if the game will ship with a mandatory 30 minute tutorial that's boring as fuck after all the struggles.
>>
>>336498597
>it tells you that a button takes you to the online manual.

no fuckin shit? i still need to beat nue nue. i tried just helpin hosts but man the netcode is pretty bad. lots of teleporting
>>
>>336497889
Then you're a retard. The game literally tells you what and how a ki pulse does, via an amrita memory.
>>
>>336498589
No I'm not.

You use square for one attack, and triangle for another attack. X is your dodge.

How is that more complicated than R1, R2, O?

Are you going to say the stance system is too complicated too even though you have shit like two handing in Souls?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (581 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
581 KB, 1920x1080
>>336490018
>What did you think of your time with the Nioh demo?

Combined with the fact that I barely get any use out of my PS4, I thought it was good enough to warrant purchasing the game. I need to justify to myself it was worth buying retroactively.
>>
I beat the first level, and wanted to go back to it and level up a bit. Do I seriously need to beat the entire level again to go back to the mission select screen? I wanted to play the 2nd level.
>>
>>336498653
Isn't that the boss sword?im quite certain actually,so ofc it will be the best weapon of an area.
>>
>>336498653
Yeah, that's the sword you get for beating Nue.
>>
>>336498653
i got stuck at the final boss of the demo and said fuck it and just farmed red spirits. cant seem to get anything good though.

spears are really good.

>>336498823
theres a branch item that returns to the mission select. not sure if it saves shrine progress if you actually return to the same mission
>>
>>336494343

well technically speaking even souls enemies have a stamina bar, problem is you can't see it at all and lots of big enemies have such a huge pool that they look like they have infinite stamina, not only that but 90% of the time they stop attacking you after they break your shield guard for some reason
>>
>>336498861
>>336498903
Yeah, i'm just saying you get it early if you take that route.
>>
I will soon be. Ball and chain uggo's going down.
>>
>>336498783
>then you're a retard
It doesn't matter why someone doesn't understand ki pulse, it just matters that they don't.

A majority of people who tried the demo didn't get the ki pulse mechanic, didn't get that they're only getting OHKO because they lack armor, and dropped it.

That's going to effect sales dramatically.

I have my mark and I fucking crushed Nue, I love the game, but it's not going to sell well like this
>>
File: 1462396773736.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462396773736.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>336498653
Just wanna borrow this pic to point out something that people somehow overlook and then complain about. Not just the help but a ton of other options here are ignored. Maybe if people looked at the screen they wouldn't have so many problems.
>>
>Got every Kodama
>Just too lazy to put the time in to beat Nue

I'm excited for the final release. I tried some co-op but it was laggy nonsense and I was almost only ever called to help with Onryoki, not to help clear out the level.
>>
File: PS_Messages_20160504_222138.jpg (574 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PS_Messages_20160504_222138.jpg
574 KB, 1920x1080
Serious game about samurai
>>
>>336499007

Ganbare, anon-kun!
>>
>>336498653
I also have a hammer and spear that have similar AR. First has wind damage, second has fire. Dunno if they're static weapons, but I got them before Nue. The traits are a little worse (no double bonuses for the same stance), but still leagues above all the other weapons I found.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
Anyone watch manvsgame play this? the whole time he bitched about how you're playing as a fucking while male
God, that guy has gone full sjw
>>
>>336499027
>its the game's fault i'm a retard.

kk kid.

>i-i-i-i-i t-t-t-totally have the conquerer mark
The only mark you have the is the mark of the cockmonger.

The game literally explains the ki pulse mechanic several times, and if you're too retarded to understand that armor reduces your damage taken, then just fucking get a gun and end yourself.
>>
No release date yet?
>>
>>336490018
Does it run on 60fps like their other action games?
>>
>>336499341
i dont know how anyone can watch that drug addict
>plays for 2 minutes
>gets donation/sub
>thanks them
>play 1 more minute
>stop and rants or goes on a shpeel about something unrelated to the game
>gonna run adds now guys
>goes to do lines
>>
>>336498754
It's right on the main menu before you hit New Game. The netcode does seem bad now but I'm hoping it's just because it's an early version, and that they're using this to test and improve it.
>>
>>336499470
They're trying but it's an alpha, it run around 50FPS at 720p
>>
>>336499512
He also plays video games in front of an audience and then throws a hissyfit about backseat gaming.

Your shitty chat is going to want to give you shitty advice, just tune them out or say thanks and play along to get more money. Seems simple to me.
>>
>>336498729
Hell I'm hoping they make it more difficult and nerf some things. The way it is now, Ninjutsu and Onmyo spells can completely break the game with very little stat investment. I at least have some faith that they'll understand why people are saying what they are, and that all the intelligent feedback will outweigh the uninformed comments, they have a history of knowing what to do.
>>
File: wow.jpg (122 KB, 1268x707) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
122 KB, 1268x707
>>336499341
>man vs game
Why would I watch that tweaked out cocksucker? He fried his brain with meth and now he screams on camera for funbux.

I've been linked to his stream before and he played for 2 minutes not understanding a mechanics, someone in chat told him what the mechanic was, then he banned the guy and went on a 15 minute rant about "backseat gaming"
>>
File: wakarimasen.jpg (30 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
wakarimasen.jpg
30 KB, 600x450
>beat Oniryuki

>have no idea what the fuck ki pulse is
>>
File: 1458786532547.gif (703 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1458786532547.gif
703 KB, 245x245
>>336499574
Seriously?
>>
>>336499421
not him but i got through to the final boss without even knowing about it. so its not something completely vital to get through the game, but i can see it helping and makin it a lot easier of a game
>>336499553
oh i am just sayin i didn't realize it was there since i hopped right in and hardly went back to the main menu unless i was gettin off
>>336499697
and its sub only. i love it when streamers complain about it as well. it just shows insecurity.

they just feel like they have to address it so then you get all the cockriders all jump on you. its some power trip or something.
>>
I wonder what could save this game

Perhaps if it was released on...PC?
>>
File: 1426037499323.jpg (28 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
1426037499323.jpg
28 KB, 429x399
>>336490018
This game is too hard for me
>>
>>336499959
It would die even faster and be nothing but YOOOO kabuki memes.
>>
>>336496296
But it's very poorly laid out. Most of the places where they tell you how to do something are all well AFTER other points in the map where you could have already done that same action or knowing how to do it would have been extremely helpful. Then they go and put a lot of other shit in between each one. Souls games usually do their tutorials very well in that thy introduce all of the mechanics immedialy, one right after the other, with a situation specifically designed to demonstrate that mechanic. NioH has like, 6 things you NEED to know before you even get into your first encounter and it doesn't bother to tell you all of them until you've gotten 6 enemies deep, resulting in A. you dying a lot, and B. you having to figure them out on your own through trial and error well before the game explains them. I understand what they're getting at but it's so poorly implemented. The mechanics are all great once you've learned them but the game is shit at helping you learn them. I don't mind how easy it is to die but I'd at least like to know the mechanics of why I just got my shit pushed in so I can learn from the death and not make the same mistakes next time.
>>
only difficult part for me was getting through stage 2 near the part with the patrolling oni. they really throw them at you but they go down super quick with fire talisman

fuck the ninja oni's though

those tree trunk shortcuts make no fuckin sense though
>>
>>336499898
There are two modes: cinema and action

Cinema is locked at 30FPS 720p

Action is unlocked FPS at...I want to say upscaled 660p? Usually 60FPS but lots of effects like fire will tank it.
>>
File: NOPE.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
NOPE.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>336499858
I beat the entire demo with "accidental" Ki Pulse

Was pretty hard

Far easier knowing what Ki Pulse is, though
>>
>>336500054
>The game would die faster if released on more systems
>>
>>336499929
>its sub only
So people literally pay for the right to talk to him and then he bans them for talking about the thing he's doing?

That wacky methed-out fuck
>>
>>336500057
the beginning is super rough since no armor and that two enemy pack is brutal with the axe guy.

ki pulse should have been one of the first things introduced after the first dude. after you are done swinging your sword at the first enemy it should say after
>>
>>336497510
Dodging is still the preferred option though, as blocking chews through your weapon endurance.
>>
File: 1447676204849.gif (377 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1447676204849.gif
377 KB, 500x375
>Guys in fundoshis
>Onis in fundoshis
>Onis wearing nothing underneath at all

Even when they're not trying they still cater to fetishes.
>>
Have we ever figured out the elemental status effects yet?
>>
>>336500290
well dodge for the grabs and getting behind enemies is the only thing i feel it being worthwhile. and eventually you get enough spare weapons and whetstones it shouldnt matter.

its especially faster to block after gettin hit since you can block faster than tryin to spam dodge
i am runnin katana/spear currently.
>>
File: breakdown.gif (493 KB, 496x279) Image search: [Google]
breakdown.gif
493 KB, 496x279
>>336500225
BUT MUH PIRATES AND NUDE MODS
>>
>>336500057
Honestly if you need to know 6 things before encountering that bandit on the beach by himself in a large, open area beyond square, triangle, and X then you have problems that the devs can't fix.

>>336500398
If you combine two elements you create discord causing KI break and increased damage. It really only works on oni.
>>
is there any way to switch the X and O buttons? i want to roll and dodge with O button. i would check, but i have to be online to play the demo, and my internet services in my state got bought out by some shit company so i can't play anything online at the moment -- been the case for over a week as well
>>
>>336500232
i wonder if he cuts, since he always wears those stupid armbands to insinuate his skinny pale arms, its not a good look
>>
>>336500398
Well except for burn and poison which are self explanatory no i haven't. On a side note i love the buff symbols in this game, way easier at conveying what the message does over dark souls.
>>
>>336500398
Fire: Damage over time
Water: Defence reduction
Wind: i dunno lol
Lightning: Movement speed reduction
Earth: Ki Recovery reduction

Also doing two elemental statuses at once causes them to combine and drop their Ki to zero
>>
>>336499801
I'd be fine with this, much like souls once you get over that initial hump the game gets kind of easy, I was hoping for another classic action game that has you struggling the whole way through.

Having said that I really don't see that happening. People who beat Dark Souls consider themselves a veteran of the "hardest game ever". If you want a laugh google souls vet Nioh. People use the term souls vet like it makes them the arbiter of video game difficulty.

"I'm a souls vet and I find this too hard so it's bullshit because souls is the hardest and fairest game ever".

>>336499929
Twitch chat is one of the worst cancers on the internet I think.

>>336500225
I think he means community wise, the more people who can play something the shittier the community, I don't think it's specific to any platform personally though. The only way to have a decent community is to keep it small. Bloodborne threads and the general tend to be a lot better in my opinion than souls ones. I don't think BB players are inherently better, I just think souls got too big for its own good and all the mouthbreathers showed up.
>>
>>336500559
Isn't he a recovering addict? He's probably hiding track marks.
>>
File: combo.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
combo.webm
2 MB, 800x450
I'm honestly most excited about what other "spells" we'll get

I'm never a magic fag on my first playthrough, but the Magic route here looks fun
>>
>>336500525
There are config styles but it's locked to only 1 playstyle for the alpha.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462398156206.jpg (48 KB, 1137x640) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462398156206.jpg
48 KB, 1137x640
Finally! Just in time! When you see through the attacks and use some talismans to sap his stamina, the first boss isn't that hard.

Tried some of the second area. Seems pretty alright, got my ass handed to me by a cyclops kid gone huge.

Can't wait for the full game!
>>
>>336500721
seems like more of a nose dude.
track marks would be around the inner elbow.

>>336500657
Kappa Dansgaming =O
so many kids who add dumb emotes at the end of their sentence like it makes it unique and funny.

i only watch two streamers. avoidingthepuddle and jaboodyshow
>>
>>336500776
watch people complain about "plebs" abusing mechanics in the future. What has been revealed so far is hilariously OP.
>>
>>336500875
>seems like more of a nose dude.
If he were less pale and thing I'd say it was coke but looking at how gaunt his face is he almost certainly was a meth addict.
>>
I wish it wasn't a timed demo. I just wanna keep playing
>>
>>336500875
They sit in there and spam as fast as they can as they chat flies by and they genuine find this fun. It's fucking absurd to me, maybe they get some sense of belonging out of it or something I don't fucking know. I've been disabling chat for years. Sometimes if I'm watching a tourny I get stupid and think maybe people are discussing the matches and I open chat, nah just fucking meme spam.
>>
>>336500657
It's funny seeing how people complain, like how you can tell anyone that complains about fighting dwellers or Yokai 9/10 times don't bother changing stances. But it's a bit depressing by the same token too, they're all great games, and this kinda talk is gonna hurt things in the long run.
>>
>>336501123
theres no real good reason to have chat open anymore. its got way out of hand now.

i usually chill in atp chat when theres a tourney, since theres always people there and you can actually discuss whats going on.

when atp is live though man it turns into cancer
>>
Who Hammerbros here?

High-stance hammer is best.
>>
>>336500521
1. blocking
2. dodging
3. attacking
4. locking on
5. back attacks can 1-shot
6 (optional but still helpful) ki pulse/ki in general
7. (optional but still helpful) stances

All of these are things that can have an effect on the very first fucking enemy and how much of it is explained? There's a reason there are a shitload of grave markers on the beach and it's not just because players can't think for themselves. It's because the game denies you critical information until some arbitrary point far beyond the beginning. It's not a particularly strong or smart enemy but with starting equipment, and no understanding whatsoever of the mechanics beyond "Sqaure and Triangle = attack" it's pretty easy to die to him.

Nobody here is asking for the game to hold their hand. It is pretty much universally agreed upon here that the mechanics and difficulty are right where they should be once you understand how things work. The fact of the matter is that the game is ass at explaining how things work.
>>
Is this game anything like Nier?
>>
>>336501561
No, why would you think that?
>>
So I oneshot boss one after getting my ass kicked all through the levels until figuring out mechanics. Pretty good. Kick seems OP especially against Oni. Level 2 is fucking ridiculous though. A literal army of Oni and even ones that respawn. My god
>>
>>336501529
I understand some people need to be spoonfed. But it personally confounds me that people don't test buttons out or open the menu and check the button layout or fucking anything.

I had a decent handle on the controls before I ever fought and enemy.
>>
File: 1461609592774.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461609592774.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
>watching a guy stream
>he's playing at level 1, no armour
>at the first boss

Holy shit I feel inadequate.

>>336501561

The protagonist is a middle aged white guy with white hair, and it's made by Japanese people. Apart from that, not really.
>>
damn, i suck at this game, can't even get to the first boss
>>
>>336501759
My only problem is that weapon skills/ninjutsu/onmyo magic is literally never explained. There needs to be at least a few sentences on it. Other than that it's learn/perfect as you go which is great
>>
File: PS_Messages_20160504_222151.jpg (300 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PS_Messages_20160504_222151.jpg
300 KB, 1920x1080
William looks a bit like Greg Davies
>>
I was able to stunlock Nue to death with the shark weapon unleash thingy. Is that normal?
>>
>>336490080
>get an OP hammer or ax
>fully charge up your spirit animal guage or whatever, preferably the lil hachi dog
>sprint to the boss fight
>activate hachi dog and use an OP lightning ax while taking no damage for a solid minute
>boss should have like next to no HP left by the time your spirit animal attack ends

That fight is easy to cheese, getting to the boss and learning the mechanics on the way was the actual challenge.
>>
>>336502020
That stuff is probably in the main game. We're probably not even supposed to get ninjutsu/onmyoji shit in the first level or even more than one guardian.

A lot of the "broken" shit in the demo like the shark and ninjutsu/onmyoji magic were probably just put in for variety.
>>
>>336500501
You have the Max Payne version of this?
>>
File: 1458713665443.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1458713665443.webm
2 MB, 640x360
Where do you get the slow talismans? I've put most of my points in heart, ki and body and I'm not going to grind. This ends today.
>>
>>336501529
>blocking
>dodging
>attacking
All come naturally with pressing single buttons
>locking on
Not necessary for a first enemy but again can easily be discovered by pressing buttons or even checking the controls
>back attacks can 1-shot
You do not need a degree in Nipponomics to know that turning away from something trying to kill you might be a bad idea.

All of this stuff is perfectly easy to figure out by yourself by hitting buttons and applying some common sense and simple logic. Or applying common sense and simple logic by going to the options menu to have a quick look at the controls if you're really so scared by the first encounter. What happened to the days when people relished being able to learn how mechanics worked by testing things out and seeing what was possible by themselves?
>>
>>336500776
I'm interested in the guardian spirit aspect.
I hope the lightning dog one levels up nicely, it's the qtest.
>>
>>336502020
He thinks the "tutorials" are perfect, there's no reasoning with that guy. On a side note, this game is fucking ugly, even when it's not in action mode, i hope it gets a facelift by next year.
>>
>>336499341
Do people not realize that William Adams really existed and was a half white dude?
>>
>>336501750
thankfully theres a shrine locked behind a gate to the right facing the boss door, the key is to the left of said boss building
>>
>>336502204
Yeah, when he loses his Ki you're able to stunlock him and get Amrita for hitting him like most Yokai, so using a Living Weapon with pretty much any spirit can lead to a victory if you're able to keep it going.
>>
>>336502414
Anon, these people don't care about any "realism" or "lore reasons" or whatsoever if they mean that a white male is playable.
>>
>>336501042
Yeah, me too. Hopefully they'll release a non-alpha, non-beta demo around the time the game is coming out.
>>
>>336502414
Education or the desire to learn and outrage at the drop of a penny don't often go together.

When you hear something you don't like and you're given two choices, investigate or throw a tantrum then the second is definitely easier to do.
>>
>>336502346
Did you check the Learn Skills menu? If you've learned them, how about on the Ready Jutsu menu, where it says at the bottom Set As Shortcut?
>>
It looks like shit. A cheap, japanese knock off version of Dark Souls.
>>
>>336502414
Wasn't even half white, he was full English.
>>
>>336502750
Lmao dark souls is just a cheap japanese knock off of Demon's Souls though.
>>
>>336502383
Stop being a dumb shit. No one said they were perfect, but they're fine and serve their purpose.

You can't account for people being too stupid to read which is apparently the category you fall in to.
>>
File: Fire Spirit.webm (846 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Fire Spirit.webm
846 KB, 640x360
How do I send out my fire doggo like in this webm?
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
15 KB, 480x360
I just completed the demo
>>
I'll just say that there is no reason you don't have the full "guide" from the beginning.
>>
>>336503042
triangle + circle
>>
>>336503042
Triangle+Circle again while in Living Weapon.
>>336503274
If there was then people would complain even more about how it's supposedly throwing too much at you.
>>
What time does the demo shut down?
>>
>>336502204
That's how I beat him.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK WHY CANT I PLAY THE GAME
>>
>>336503375
My idea is to have them from the beginning at the Amrita Memories and still keep the "dead" voices tutorial.

Most people won't read the Amrita Memories shit, so i think its fine
>>
Has anyone else had a lot of trouble with connecting in matchmaking? It keeps dropping for me.
>>
>>336503593
>>336503375
I'm just saying it because i ended up skipping the Bow tutorial in my first playthrough

So i ended up learning late that you can zoom with it
>>
The End is Nigh
>>
>>336503593
Considering people don't even listen to the dead voices Team Ninja would be better off just providing a hyper link to a wiki for Ni-Oh with a youtube playlist on the next body.
>>
>>336503761
Maybe if you die 3 times to the first enemy the game just closes and opens an lp for you to watch instead.
>>
Fuck it i'm gonna play the demo one more time before it's over
>>
>>336502204
Yeah the meter fills up faster than it depletes if you're using a katana. I couldn't do it with my spear but was surprised when I killed Nue in one try with the shark.
>>
>>336503909
> Ohayo minna san, this is Ken desu. Today I'm going to teach you all about how to play the glorious Samurai action game Ni-oh
> watch as I guide you through the toughest opponent yet, the bandit on the beach.
>>
So I've got my Mark of the Conqueror for defeating the boat boss.
Any reason to play further? I'm a little tired, I can deal with not having completed the second mission if there's no mark for it. I'm happier leaving more of the game fresh for me when I get it anyway.
>>
>>336504619
No, there's no more DLC stuff, it's just another level for you to play if you want.
>>
Man, i don't know how they going to balance the Living Weapons.

They're seriously strong and can trivialize most fights.
>>
>>336504619
Only need the conqueror mark, second level just gives more taste of the game.
>>
File: loots.webm (2 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
loots.webm
2 MB, 800x450
Co-op is fun
>>
>>336500218
Fuck those things and their gay little walk
>>
>>336504738
Nothing really wrong with how it is now, like most games, it'll become second nature once you get the hang of it. difficulty came from the level for me.
>>
I actually beat both bosses my first try, but it took me 2 hours to get to each.
>>
>>336504716
Alright, thanks.
>>336504802
Glad I have the option, but I'm happy to wait and play the full thing.
>>
>>336504738
There will be certain enemies and bosses that can lay down a youkai field that forcibly cancels the living weapon and seals it for a period of time, keeping you from using it and takes away its passive benefits.
>>
>>336504738
I think it's fine right now honestly. It's one of those situations where it rewards people for actually knowing how to play the game.
>>
Alright, I can get past the first phase of the boat boss easily now, usually without taking any damage. But that second form.. The two things that always ALWAYS get me are the 180 degree spin when his back is to you, and the grab where he bites you and throws you down which is almost always a one hit kill.
>>
This game needs some from of summon signs/in game summoning method for sure. I hope it's just a demo thing with how poorly co-op is implemented.
>>
>>336505123
Keep trying, the second phase isn't harder than the first phase at all
>>
>>336505123
just run around in a wide arc until he has attacked and you have your opportunity.

No shame in running around.

Also, talismans and your living weapon help drain his stamina. Then you can stunlock him easily.
>>
>>336505123
Don't approach his back without guarding. Just be cautious but stick close.
>>
>>336490018
So how do you view your Mark of conquer after you beat both bosses?
>>
>>336503593
That would probably be fine but I can still see people complaining, either because there's too much to read or they won't even find the option there. I've lost a lot of faith in people's ability to videogame.
>>
>>336505175
Wouldn't suprise me if it's a last minute addition.
The whole game feels like it was something completely different before they decided to fuse it with Souls
>>
>>336490018
It looks like a lot of fun. It'd be cool if since they're from team ninja, they could implement some of the crazy Ninja Gaiden shit without going too overboard obviously.
>>
>>336505123
Second phase you want to go to stay to his backside.

Anyone else things they need a better way to deal with quickslots ? dunno how they're gonna do it since all the buttons are already taken.
>>
>>336505393
I'd imagined it's because of how games nowadays often hold your hands. I played games since the NES, so I'm used to trying things out and looking at all the menus/options and stuff.
>>
>>336505431
Low stance is more or less Ninja Gaiden mode already, it's pretty fun.
>>
File: wr9tx0g897gpgq5gguag.jpg (62 KB, 600x629) Image search: [Google]
wr9tx0g897gpgq5gguag.jpg
62 KB, 600x629
TOMORROW IS THE LAST FUCKING DAY

START A NEW FILE

FISTS ONLY
NO ARMOR
15 KODAMAS

LETS DO THIS
>>
>>336502414
William Adams the real life sailor was full english; William the Ni-Oh protag is hafu
>>
So are there weight break points or just the heavier you are the slower you are in a scaling fashion?
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 769x1997) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 769x1997
Whats was your feedback anon.
>>
>>336505390
on the starting screen you can press square to go to the page to like and download the conquer data.
>>
>>336497510
weapon degradation
>>
>>336505551
>>336505360
>>336505287
>>336505242
>>336505123

Holy fuck, I did it. I only went in for combos after he did his frenzy and fall attack. Otherwise I just dodged the ball throws.
>>
File: 1435983546675.gif (105 KB, 1088x889) Image search: [Google]
1435983546675.gif
105 KB, 1088x889
show me a video of someone fighting two ninjas at the same time. it's fucking impossible
>>
>>336505826
>another weapon slot
>whetstone
>>
>>336505745
>more music
please we already have music in the background.
>>
I got my mark and never used the Guardian Spirits.
I liked looking at fire doggo though. Cute git.
Yellow doggo was also cute.

Are they that good in combat?
>>
>>336505875
Grats,

Now download your mark and go to the second area to get your ass kicked.
>>
>>336505901
If you're paying any attention whatsoever you will never ever fight more than 1 at a time.
>>
>>336505957
I only used it on bosses. maybe they'll refill faster in the final game.
>>
>>336505901
Just back off and bait them into chasing you. When they do you literally just start swinging when their in range. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>336505924
More good music i guess, because i'm trying to remember any song and i'm drawing blank.
>>
>>336505924
It's so nondescript it's almost unnoticeable
>>
>>336505901
Keep trying to parry. When one of them runs out of ki, run up and slash them, focus on the other and beat him to death.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.