[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Resident Evil 6 get so much shit? It's pretty much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 10
File: 18j0vaww4iwr3jpg.jpg (14 KB, 320x215) Image search: [Google]
18j0vaww4iwr3jpg.jpg
14 KB, 320x215
Why does Resident Evil 6 get so much shit? It's pretty much a better version of 4
>>
why is she sucking a girafe
>>
Played through it just last weekend. I found it straight up boring. I can't quite explain why but it just did not hook me. I kept going though because the sluts were hot. Usually a bad sign when that's all that keeps me going. I think the issue for me was it didn't seem like it knew what it wanted to be. Did it want to be horror or action? It was some weird mix of both, even more than 4.
>>
PS2 tier graphics during some of the gimmick mechanic parts.

Shitty intertwined 3 part story

Forced AI co-op

I really wish they would just stop with the forced co-op shit, I'm surprised you couldn't use a player to control Ashley in 4 at this point.
>>
It was a HUGE downgrade from 4. 5 was just a slight downgrade so it was acceptable
6 was just pathetic. Felt like a cash grab. Noticeable lack of effort in all aspects of the game. Derailing b8 thread with porker
>>
>still waiting for 5 and 4 to be re-released.
>they started with the worst to be released first.
>>
>>336486759
>90% of new Resident Evil threads are RE6 shill threads

Just fuck me up, senpai.
>>
>>336488232
Also the story was literally all over the place. 4 different campaigns? Should have cut some of the fat off and just made that like Revelations at most where it would switch between some characters at times.
>>
What I learned from my RE6 experience

Chris has a severe case of closet homosexuality
Leon is bad with transportation vehicles
Jake is completely forgettable and I had to look up what his name was.
>>
>>336489063
You forgot Ada's chapter.
>>
>>336488248
>I really wish they would just stop with the forced co-op

Only games with that are 5 and the two Outbreaks.
>>
>>336489409
I just did the initial 3 and never played it again, does it unlock another chapter, or was that DLC?
>>
>>336489506
The last two main series titles have been forced co-op.
>>
>>336489512
It's been a while but her chapter originally showed up after you did the first three. Then Capcom released a patch that let you play it without having to beat three other chapters.
>>
>>336489587
RE6 isn't.
>>
>>336489506
>>336489587
Literally every game since RE5 has forced co-op.

>>336489739
Yes it did.
>>
>>336486759
I seriously cannot unsee giraffe blowjob.
>>
>>336489807
"Forced" co-op implies that the game is borderline unplayable without it. This isn't the case with RE6 or either of the Revelation games.

5 and Outbreak 1/2, on the other hard, are garbage solo and become much better with co-op.
>>
>>336490032
You're dumb.
>>
>>336490032
Does the game force a co-op partner by your side at all possible moments in the game with the exception of 1 campaign? Yes? Then there's forced co-op. Fuck your definition.
>>
>>336490027
Where's the blowjob part, I just see a giraffe.
>>
>>336490032
Didn't play Outbreak but I got through 5 fine without a human partner. Sheva was a dumb whore who wasted ammo but in the end it didn't keep me from beating the game.
>>
Controls are great

Shit level design
Shit enemies
Shit protags
Ruined protags
Shit antagonist
Shit bosses
Shit story

RE4 didn't have any of these problems.
>>
>>336490165
>Does the game force a co-op partner by your side at all possible moments in the game

No.

AI character=/=co-op partner. Stop trying to say the game is always co-op even when you play solo.
>>
>>336490418
So how is it solo when you're forced to play with an AI partner, you stupid shit?
>>
>>336490526
Because I'm playing by myself. You need at least two people for co-op.
>>
>>336486759
>no merchant
>didn't like the gun play, regular zombies felt like bullet sponges
>forced co-op retard AI bullshit
>Helena a shit
>nonsensical story
>>
>>336490340
here's your (you), don't get too excited
>>
>>336490962
Truth hurts, don't it?
>>
>>336486759
They fucked up the directing. Could have been better, but they fucked it up with QTEs and portions that control like ass because they cared more about the camera angle than how it played. Would have made more sense if they had a better scenario order that made sense instead of expecting players to piece together how the campaigns related.

The skill system also sucked.

It's not a bad game once you get in to it, but that barrier between picking it up and actually appreciating what they did right is huge.
>>
>>336486849

Holy shit, can't unsee
>>
The campaigns 25 hours of unrelenting dogshit and the only redeemable part in the entire game is a submode within a side mode which wasn't even added until the PC/PSBone release
>>
>>336486849
Man this will never stop being fun to me. Aaah reminds me of better times too.
>>
File: 1460335098387.png (334 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
1460335098387.png
334 KB, 640x464
>>336486759
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neAOruo0OrQ

Go to bed, Brit.
>>
Even if 7 or RE2 Remake is a disaster, I just want to SEE them.
RERev2 was pretty good and I have high hopes for their next project, so just throw us a damn bone crapcom!
>>
>>336490194
Nigga are you blind?
>>
>>336492136
yeah I had to look at it bigger to see it, I thought it was a full giraffe looking backwards, but i see it's just a humanoid styled giraffe with a boot getting a blowjob.
>>
>>336492390
I'm the asshole giving you shit and that's what I saw before that other guy pointed it out. I had to zoom in. It looks like it was intended to be lewd tbqh.
>>
I have so many screenshots of the ass.
>>
>>336492810
that was just 5, not 6.
>>
>>336489709
Makes more sense to play it last as it fills in the gaps so to speak.
>>
>>336493048
6 took it to another level.

Also, Deborah Harper.
>>
>>336493170
Revelations had some nice asses.
Dat Jill. Unf.
>>
>>336486759
>It's pretty much a better version of 4

LOL
>>
>>336486759
Is there really a nude scene in this game? In one of the REs, there's a woman who runs around in nothing but high heels and a gun amd you can see everything.
>>
>>336490027
same here
>>
>>336491369
>>336490027
>>336486849
That image is edited to look even more like a giraffe getting a blowjob.
>>
>>336486759
>Why does Resident Evil 6 get so much shit? It's pretty much a better version of 4
Ok, you really need to shut the fuck up.

>Chris's campaign
Yeah I want Resident Evil to play like a shitty cuhrazyyyy call-o-doody clone.

Just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>336486759
There's lot's of things that turned me off.

Mostly that the environments and enemies were mostly boring as fuck.
Level design was lacking.
Weapons didn't feel powerful because enemies didn't react to getting shot as well as in RE4 or 5.
Control was constantly taken away from you while the game tries to show you something and the enemies don't stop when this happens and they have moved while you just stood there watching something the game thinks is helpful.

I did like the gameplay though but it doesn't really shine until you play mercenaries.
>>
>>336488248
You calling The Last of Us a co-op game, too?
>>
>>336486759
because it's similar to 4

some of the biggest babies are the OG RE fans who can't accept change and even though the series has long since moved away from it's origins, they refuse to rate the games from any point of view except by holding it next to resident evil 1. It's apples and oranges, except it's closer to apples and Apple Inc.
>>
>>336495385
the problem is that 4 is a terrible fucking resident evil game, but it was also many's first which creates this divide in classic fans and CUHRAZZYYYY NEW AGE MILLENNIAL FANS XD
>>
Guns lack impact in RE6. Much more power in 4 and 5. Very unsatisfying.
>>
>>336486759
I feel like replaying RE1-3 after reading this. Cleanse my thoughts of that heresy you just said.
>>
>>336495620
Zero and to a lesser extent Code Veronica were pretty stale. Did nothing new with the series. Zero was especially a chore to play. 4 was needed, to be honest. Classic RE can't be replicated sadly. Revelations was a massive disappointment.
>>
>>336495663
This, the first thing I did within 10 minutes of starting the game was google "headshots not working RE6" because even once you DO down them, it's just a dull sinking of bullets into enemies, no satisfying "pop" like in 4 and 5, at least until you get WAY deeper into the game and can upgrade the stronger ones. Whereas, with fisticuffs, you're gibbing enemies right out of the gate
>>
>>336488248
The RE games since RE1 have always had co-op elements, whether with AI or it switching playable characters. Also you did control Ashley for a small part in RE4, same as with Rebecca in RE1.

I dislike how people act like the current RE games are different from the older ones, no they aren't, technology just advanced.

RE1 was survival horror but it was also an action game, you do go around killing monsters with various weapons, including an RPG, but now people make out as though it being action is a new thing. Really annoys me.

The RE series has ALWAYS been about cooperation and it has always had action in it.
>>
>>336496395
>I dislike how people act like the current RE games are different from the older ones, no they aren't, technology just advanced.
stopped reading there.
>>
>>336486759
Forced quick time events, edgy as fuck blood/gore and monsters.
>>
>>336497026
>edgy as fuck blood/gore

I don't really hear much talk about this but I'm glad someone mentioned it. I found the violence in RE6 to be extremely distasteful for some reason.
>>
>>336496395
>I dislike how people act like the current RE games are different from the older ones, no they aren't, technology just advanced.
they are incredibly different though. Action was never what made the old REs fun. In fact, the action was the worst part of the games. What made them fun was exploring and solving puzzles, while the combat was something that you'd groan every time it came about.

The focus of 4 and beyond IS the combat, and the combat is EXTREMELY satisfying and fun, and while I don't hate the puzzles in them, they aren't the focus and usually aren't nearly as complex or involved as in the earlier games.
>>
>>336497281
because you turned into a pussy? the goriest game is probably 2, whereas 6, it's significantly toned down, with effects to make the blood look less like blood or actually not be blood but instead bodily fluids are just green or clear slime.
>>
Inventory system is a disaster, and it's generally a very inconsistent game.

I don't hate 6, and there are a few things it does (like the combo and dodge system) that are pretty neat. But playing it, you get the feeling that it wasn't made with a singular vision.
>>
>>336497652
just bring back the suitcase, capcom
>>
>>336497557
Maybe so. The gore never really bothered me so much in the other games. I wouldn't even consider RE2 that gory, to be honest.
>>
>>336497827
The suitcase is complete shit. It's one of those things that's been clouded in nostalgia over time. Having to constantly pause the game to organize your items or switch weapons just slows the game down to a crawl. I'd like it more in a classic RE, but with the direction they took RE4 in, they should've went back to the drawing board.
>>
>>336496395
The same technology advancing gave us Code Veronica X which was a great resident evil by all aspects.

I think you're not quite understanding what it is we're defining as co-op, which is pretty fucking dumb of you, but given your current opinionated standings I can see why.
>>
>>336498017

It would have been fine if they had just let you assign shortcut buttons to your guns or something
>>
Re6 did do a few things right. It probably would have been better off as a spin off title but it definitely was enjoyable for select parts. Chris's campaign was dog shit and boring up till the last level. for piers anyway. Leon's was alright and trying to get back to the raccoon city like feel. Puzzles weren't really challenging though. The casual auto guide button didn't help. Jake's campaign is super underrated despite offering the most variety. Adas was good since it was the only campaign you could play solo, but it still fell short in the puzzle department which was sad.

All that bad shit aside it at least controlled kinda nice. It could definitely use some improvement like maybe using the inventory system from re5 instead of carrying your entire arsenal and allow item sharing again. Also it has probably the best Merc mode out of the bunch. Only thing that could have made it better is if they ported over the maps from RE4 and 5 as well. It's not the best but at least it's not that shitty ORC game
>>
>>336498392
Like the D-Pad in 5? Could you not do that in 6? I don't remember.
>>
>>336486759
They should release an standalone version of Mercenaries. Shit was great unless the main game.
>>
>>336499070
they did
>>
>>336498902
No in 6 you couldn't assign your preferred weapons onto the d-pad, you had to cycle through all your other weapons just to find what you want which can be a hot mess when in a stressful situation.
>>
>>336499130
Yeah, but for 3DS and based of 5. I mean one of RE6 mercenaries.
>>
>>336495886
>Revelations

It was alright. You should plays Revelations 2. Improves on Revelations 1 in some ways. Probably the best RE games for me personally since RE4 IMO.
>>
>>336486759
Glad you outlined what I see when I look at that 6
>>
>>336498864
Leon's campaign was fucking dreadful. So many forced walking moments kill any replayability. It doesn't help that he's got some of the most boring levels to trudge through.
>>
>>336486759
I refuse to believe that the logo looking like a women sucking of a Giraffe is just a coincidence.
>>
>>336486759
Fuck off Charlie, your videos are shit
>>
File: haos.jpg (57 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
haos.jpg
57 KB, 1024x576
I loved it. It's a GOAT co-op game, and it had arguably the best Mercenaries mode. Also, pic related, best boss fight.
>>
>>336499659
capcom did it to drive up toys r us sales
>>
>>336499863
:^)
>>
>>336499330
ugh the beginning was so and slow then at the academy was worse since majority of it was Leon and Helena at walking pace.
>>
>>336499330
Leon's campaign suffered from a slow mission 1 and the last 2 missions super condensed yet tedious so everyone had 5 missions total. The church and the catacombs were alright though.
>>
its a shit game
its on the same tier with the resident evil movies.
>>
The camera and controls were absolutely nauseating. Everything was slipping around like greased fat girls.

The splitscreen, which worked perfectly in 5 for co-op, was fucked in 6 for some reason, so that it put a gigantic black fucking box in the top and left corner of the screen to preserve aspect ratio, but also made the available chunk your splint screen for view to be tiny as FUCK.

Mercenaries was completely shit on and inside of, with scoring not really even being a thing until you've chained upwards of 150x in a row. Literally wasting like 45 minutes before it even begins to be possible to 'play' Mercenaries properly.

The mappable D-Pad quick select for weapons was removed.

Herbs were turned into tic-tacs for some reason.

Several context sensitive actions were all mapped to the same button. I noticed this the most as Jake, when I wanted to do nearly anything and would start sliding and diving around all over the place like a huge faggot.

They remodeled everyone, again, to the point that I didn't even recognize who they were supposed to be.

Ada's twist and explanation absolutely ruined whatever character development and growth she had in prior games.

It was garbage. It was literally garbage. People saying Resi 6 was good are the contrarians that are just pushing back on how much shit this game was taking.

Apparently the PC version and subsequent patching fixed a fair portion of my beef with this game, but I fucking loathed it and I'm not going back.
>>
it had forced co-op. if it was like 4 it would of been better. just remove all of co-op options in a single player game.
>>
>>336498187
>one of the worst games in the series
>a great resident evil by all aspects
>>
Do people seriously, unironically enjoy RE6? The only amount of enjoyment I have gotten from this piece of shit game is playing it co-op and laughing about how horrible it is. The camera is stuck up your character's asshole and they take up a full 1/3rd of the screen, half the time you're fighting is spent waiting for enemies to finish their invincibility-frames transformation into some stupid shit only for them to die after anyway. Combat is never, ever satisfying and the game is never, ever fun. Except when you can play on the playground.
>>
>>336500263
Classic RE gameplay.
Typewriter save w/ ribbon
Fixed camera placement
Fully rendered in 3D
>Worst Resident Evil in series.
>>
HD Remake best overall experience
RE4 best single player fun
RE5 best co-op
Rev 2 best "Mercenaries" (Raid mode shits all over Mercenaries and you know it)

RE 0 HD best girl
>>
>>336486759
nostalgiafags
>>
>>336500489
I don't know why you posted a worthless list of things. Classic RE gameplay and fixed camera are terrible if the game surrounding it is terrible. Just look at the million RE clones from the 90s. And fully rendered 3D was absolute shit that made the game look awful compared to its prerendered counterparts and filled every other room with a layer of indoor fog.
>>
>>336486759
no it isn't. it's better than 5, though
>>
>>336500489
>Typewriter save w/ ribbon
>Fixed camera placement

These are flaws.
>>
>>336500664
shit taste famalam
>>
All RE games are shit.

>shit controls
>shit gameplay
>cinematic bullshit that should be on >>>/tv/
RE is one of the reasons modern gaming is shit.
>>
>>336501085
wrong
>>
File: Sherry 1.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Sherry 1.webm
3 MB, 960x540
Sherry is cute.
>>
>>336497557
RE4 was pretty fucking gory too.
>>
>>336499330
I totally agree. Its weird how highly regarded his campaign is among people who have played through the game. At the very least I can say it picks up a bit after the beginning portion.

Forgot to add in I hate how the game punishes you for aiming.
>aim for head, they mutate to resist head shots
>aim for the chest they mutate to resist chest shots
>shoot them dead with a strong weapon they mutate into a stronger faster form
Like what's the fucking point?
>>
File: 1460010585926.png (362 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1460010585926.png
362 KB, 700x700
>>336486759
Why does this resident Evil game have a giraffe as the logo? Does it have zombie giraffes in it?

Honestly, I could go for shooting some zombie giraffes.
>>
>>336501256
>I hate how the game punishes you for aiming

You are retarded.
>>
I thought RE6 was fine other than "looks like generic shit" Jake, and removing finishing moves depending on where you disabled the zombies. If you were playing like a survival horror game, you're doing it wrong. You gotta play like a cool ass secret agent and shit.
>>
>>336488248
Unlike in 5 your AI partner was unkillable and never interfered with you. It's a non issue.
>>
>>336499834
The snake level was spooky
>>
>>336486759
I bought Resident Evil 6 the other day. I find the only satisfying piece of that game is the first half of the first level in Chris's Campaign. Melee only, with a few enemies that shot at you was the most fun I had in the game. The melee characters and small rooms really forced me into dodge and prone shoot. Once I got into the later levels it felt more like Slow TPS than the tactical action and quick reaction game that made the mechanics so fun.
>>
>>336501389
>I want to save ammo by aiming for critical spots
>get punished and have to waste more ammo than if I just randomly shot all over their body.
No anon, you are the retarded
>>
File: RE5 - Jill Cartwheel Kick.webm (2 MB, 600x524) Image search: [Google]
RE5 - Jill Cartwheel Kick.webm
2 MB, 600x524
>>
File: chris ch5.jpg (92 KB, 638x269) Image search: [Google]
chris ch5.jpg
92 KB, 638x269
>>336499834

;_;
>>
File: i came.jpg (136 KB, 2311x1224) Image search: [Google]
i came.jpg
136 KB, 2311x1224
>>336501786
>battlesuit Jill
>>
>>336501256
Head mutations have been here since RE4. The other mutations are punishments for not being accurate and aiming for the head. But in the end, it's all about enemy variety and you not being a little bitch.
>>
>>336500664
>Raid mode shits all over Mercenaries and you know it
How can you like MMO grinding more than a last stand that puts your skills to the test?
>>
>>336502101
had the feels tbqh
>>
>>336502101
f
>>
>>336502332
I'm saying the frequency of mutations are so high there's almost no reward for aiming. With that being said the enemy variety argument also goes out the window
>>
Let's be honest here. People only consider 6 better than 5 because the AI partner is immortal and has an unlimited supply of ammo and the fuckton of ridiculous hot girls.
>>
RE 6 is much more fun on the hardest difficulty, it becomes a new game
>>
>>336501709
You're not being punished. You just don't know how to use the melee system and are ignorant of a mechanic that's been in the series since RE4.
>>
>>336489063
>closet homosexuality
That's a good one. One of the main plotlines of Resident Evil as a series is the toxic love affair of Chris and Wesker.
>>
>>336486759

Then why does Mercenaries in RE6 suck so much more than RE4?
>>
>>336508170
RE4 Mercs has very little content.
>>
>>336508365
Fun as hell though.
>>
>>336508462
So is RE6.
>>
RE6 has a fun mercs mode and the campaign and mercs are really fun with a friends, plus the movement and melee options in the game are satisfying. Its a solid game.

Just not a solid RE game.
>>
>>336510717
>Just not a solid RE game.

Sick of this stupid shit. RE as a series is, on average, mediocre. For every good game, there's at least three abhorrent shitty ones. RE6 is much better than trash like Survivor, Outbreak, and ORC.
>>
>>336486759
>fucking awful graphics at moments barely going above those of ps2 era
>ancient engine barely capable of keeping up
>retarded story even for a RE games, competently incoherent plot hole driven narrative that will make yo angry at how stupid it is
>forced co-op, again
>retarded parter ai, again
>0 improvement over RE5
>clunky slow and dated controls
>QTEs every fucking 2 minutes
>linear levels
>no exploration
>no inventory management
>no puzzles
>shitty upgrade system

I mean im baffled anybody liked it.
Its not the worst game ever made, but everything it does it does badly, from the awful audio visual side to the dated uninspired gameplay,

To me the worst part was the plot. The game had this HUGE focus on a tree part interwoven story but its just so bad it ruins any potential this concept had and makes you wish you were just playing as a single character.
When the thing you are trying to sell your game on is its worst aspect you know you have failed.

But hey, 6 million sells, Opel will eat up anything. Fucking this, Watch Dogs and the Division show that game quality doesnt matter, its all marketing.
>>
>>336486759
>QTE
>QTE
>QTE
>michael bay cutscenes up the ass
>story so bad it makes older capcom games look good
>forced co-op
>any remants of survival horror from RE4 finally stomped out for good
>game thrusts you into a loud, explodey scene every change it gets
>every vehicle you get into crashes in a firey explosion

i gave up halfway through Chris' campaign
>>
>>336511508
>>michael bay cutscenes up the ass
Just turn off your brain nerd and enjoy the fun.
Do you hate fun?
>>
>>336511401
>MT Framework
>ancient

How retarded can one man be?
>>
>>336511682
Where do retards praising that crappy engine come from?
It looks like shit, it runs like shit, its old as fuck, and it cant keep up with the competition. It couldnt even keep 30 fps on old consoles while looking like ass, and it was 6 years old by that point.
>>
>>336486759
bad:
> waste ammo on boss only to find out its on a timer
> go in to melee kill and miss the "prompt space" by 0.1m so get rekt instead
> those gay as fuck tall blue men that don't die (and their shitty hand pieces)
> being in close quarters combat and getting downed by some turret/shooting cunt
> killing a boss only to fight it 5 more times
> running out of ammo cause you don't quickshot + melee every enemy
> quickshot
> running out of ammo in a bossfight because you don't land every shot perfectly on the weak point
> reusing cutscenes or entire gameplay sections from other campaigns
> boring corridor level design
> story

good:
> puzzle moments
> pacing
> level design of jakes campaign
> when campaigns overlap in interesting ways
> when the combat actually works (mostly jakes campaign)
> sfm porn
> ass
> lewd bosses

ass rankings: ada > deborah > sherry = helena
>>
>>336510947
This, to be honest. 4 and 5 are the only good REs, and in the grand scheme of things even they aren't that remarkable.
>>
>>336511508
> game thrusts you into a loud, explodey scene every change it gets
i played through whole thing in order. 22 hours.

this gets so tiring.. i was cherishing any quiet moment
>>
>>336490165
Scrubs not knowing about the skill called lone wolf where it makes it so the AI does not do anything except let you get to the next area. Waaahh i want to run solo. Use the fucking skill tards or play no hope.
>>
>>336512443
>it's shit

What a well thought out argument.
>>
>>336513128
>This, to be honest. 4 and 5 are the only good REs, and in the grand scheme of things even they aren't that remarkable.
tfw i just replayed RE hd port, and it wasnt good, it wasnt good at all.
Wy did i do it, now im starting to think i was just a retarded kid fopr loving it, there is almost nothing to like about it.
Re games really dont hold up compared to other classic titles, im really confused about the high scores for that lazy half assed pc port i played.
>>
>>336491308
Tbis was the most flewid RE game ive ever played my only problem was tripping on bodies (which is realistic tho) the pause system was stupid and not an actual pause. Skill slots are retarded. Should had stuck with weapon upgrade system. Pacing sucked too it would had been better to do re 4 5 mission format. Otherwise i liked the game. Controls were definitely the best.
>>
>>336513556
ironic
>>
>>336486759
I would agree with you, but I don't like 4. 6, on the other hand, I have consistently enjoyed since it first came out.
>>
File: 1460917518017.gif (3 MB, 250x175) Image search: [Google]
1460917518017.gif
3 MB, 250x175
>>336490753
>nonsensical story
Isn't that every RE game?
>>
>>336513669
It got a major update two years before RE6. Hardly ancient.
>>
>>336513815
First games had simplistic story, but at lest it made sense
There was plot point to plot point continuity, and while charters had simple motivations at lest they acted consistently

In RE6 nothing makes sense, and characterization is as inconsistent as it gets.
>>
>>336486759
resi series is like a car that swerved off road and now doesn't know where the road is so it just keeps driving through trees and claiming that's its heading now

resi 6 isn't scary or atmospheric. which completely nullifies the point of everything the resi 4 formula was designed around. especially the multi-mob encounters, scarce resources and bad controls. all that shit is just a hindrance if the horror/atmosphere isn't there

its taking the cherry from a cake, and putting it in a curry. fucking retarded. absolute shit game. has enough money behind it to make the experience tolerable from production values but its trash. absolute fucking shit.
>>
>>336514161
my fav moment was when chris said he killed jakes dad, for no reason at all

> que "western standoff" scene for the third time
>>
>>336513947
>major update
sure it did
and valve will keep developing source 1 for ever since the engine has infinite power, just like bethesda made a next gen engine for fallout 4 out of gamebryo by slapping a new renderer on it, oh wait

re6 looked like shit when it came out, outside of decently made character models the environments were just awful and tiny, often so tiny you had to wonder where the fuck their asset and polygon budget went for that level
>>
>>336514418
>scarce resources

This is how you know someone never played the older games, which contained ammo and herbs out the ass.
>>
>>336508170
>>336514418
>resi 6 isn't scary or atmospheric. which completely nullifies the point of everything the resi 4 formula was designed around. especially the multi-mob encounters, scarce resources and bad controls. all that shit is just a hindrance if the horror/atmosphere isn't there
Nigga, have you played either game? Resources have never been scarce. Mobs of enemies have nothing to do with horror and atmosphere. Neither games have bad controls, though 4 has stiffer controls that the game is designed around.
>>
>>336514507
>> que "western standoff" scene for the third time
hey, it made for good trailer material
>>
>>336514783
you're a gay cunt who should kill themselves as soon as possible tbqh
>>
>>336515010
> Mobs of enemies have nothing to do with horror and atmosphere
wow, just wow. perhaps watch some zombie movies or something m8
>>
>>336515264
Didn't realize Dynasty Warriors was a survival horror.
>>
>>336515348
please be bait

it was hard for me to fathom what a stupid cunt you were before this post but now its just sad
>>
>>336515264
Please tell me how Serious Sam is a horror game. I'm waiting.
They pit you against mobs of enemies because it's more fun and challenging. They aren't gonna have you fight one enemy at a time when you have the firepower and skills to take on more than that. It's the whole reason Mercenaries mode exists.
>>
>>336515348
>>336515584
i..err.. wow

you're not baiting? why the fuck are you talking about serious sam

you are a literal mouth breather and i feel sorry for you

zombie trope has always been about being overwhelmend by impossible numbers and running out of resources or places to run, to deal with them. resi 4 takes this trope to the "village pitchfork mob" style, but its there.

just kill yourself or stop posting because im too proud to stop responding and its clear your a fucking idiot who i have to explain why serious sam and resident evil are different
>>
>>336493971
it's funny cause op could have used the original image and i still would have seen giraffe head irregardless
>>
>>336516093
at the end of each campaign i thought "well that was shit", and then they showed the giraffe blowjob logo
>>
>>336516081
>zombie trope has always been about being overwhelmend by impossible numbers

Wasn't like this in RE1.

>running out of resources

Never a concern in the entire series.
>>
>>336516081
>zombie trope has always been about being overwhelmend by impossible numbers and running out of resources or places to run, to deal with them.
You're saying it yourself right there, you retard. Mobs are only scary when you're under-equipped and at a disadventage in the situation. This isn't the case when you have enough firepower in your pockets to take on an army and have the ability to floor an entire village with a single roundhouse kick.
>>
>>336516256
I played 5 and 6 co-op with a friend. I don't think I could take the games seriously as a single-player experience.
>>
>>336516271
> Wasn't like this in RE1
yes it was. you cant kill every enemy, there literally is not enough ammo, and you have to search out ammo in secret locations like the pushable table in the 3 dog room

> running out of resources
> Never a concern in the entire series
yeah, you're right. i guess thats why there are specific ways to kill enemies whilst saving ammo

and i guess thats why there are ammo pickups dotted around in hidden places

and i guess thats why you're such a retarded mouthbreather
>>
>>336486759
Capcom had to make a game to lure in the neo millennial generation z babies. Since CoD and Battlefield stole the audience, this was their answer.
>>
>>336516490
running out, as in needing to manage your resources.. hence why there's a whole inventory/shop system

and exploration to find ammo

and weak points to save ammo

and melee kills to save ammo

its a major trope of horror.

but now when you now have resi 6, using these systems in a michael bay ACTION GAME, with all horror elements and atmosphere removed. none of this shit makes sense anymore. the series has really lost its way and i hope 7 is a complete redesign
>>
>>336516876
If you've ever run out of ammo, herbs, or ink ribbons in any of the games, you are a certified retard that is complete shit at these games.

RE2 has more than enough ammo to kill every enemy in the game at least twice, and it only gets worse from there.
>>
>>336486759
Gaming Brit, please leave.
>>
>>336502101
months or even a year after the game

oh yeah lol first RE faggot character we are so progressive
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.