[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Character creation >Genders have different stats Is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: gog.png (349 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
gog.png
349 KB, 600x468
>Character creation
>Genders have different stats
Is this discrimination or realism?
>>
>>336482472
Realism.

Take nurses for example. A male nurse can easily subdue a patient
>>
They aren't mutually exclusive
>>
File: commie women.jpg (35 KB, 236x464) Image search: [Google]
commie women.jpg
35 KB, 236x464
>>
Both genders have as much potential as the other so there's is no harm in equality.
>>
>gender
>not on a slider
>>
It's both. You are realistically discriminating between the physiological different between genders.
>>
>>336482472
Its unnecessary
>>
File: wink wink.jpg (52 KB, 654x288) Image search: [Google]
wink wink.jpg
52 KB, 654x288
What did the devs mean by this?
>>
>>336482691
It's how they're holding it.
The woman in Russia is carrying it over their shoulder, which puts some of the weight on their legs, which seeing how fat she is must be strong.
The one in Vietnam is carrying with his back, using his arms to lean himself and it forward, reducing the pressure on the legs.
>>
>>336482721
But equality does not necessitaty both being identic.
The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.

But yes, theoretically the strongest can be a woman and the most socially apt a man, and since it is most likely about RPGs where you donĀ“t play someone average, but probably the most extraordinary person of your time, there is no good reason to somehow hinder one gender or the other.
>>
>Is this discrimination or realism?
Neither, it's giving you choices on how to play
>>
>>336482472
How the FUCK would that be discrimination? It's a well-known fact men tend to be stronger than women
>>
>>336482691
i think the pic with the men holding the log, is a some kind of exercise where they need to hold it for like 5-6 hours
>>
I guess it depends on the stats?
I mean if you make a man twice as inteligent and strong than the woman, it'd be discrimination.
It works the other way around too.
Now, if you keep a good balance between both genders, and if it gives you advantage in certain classes, it'd be a pretty interesting game
>>
Females have reduced strength and their advantages aren't really applicable to your standard fantasy game, so they get their magic buffed instead for balance.
>>
I like the way Mount and Blade handles gender differences. There's no stat differences so they don't have to be edge lords and go figure out exactly how women are allegedly inferior to men, but playing as a woman is a challenge mode where NPCs don't take you seriously because you're a woman doing a man's job
>>
Male: + STR, +INT
Female: + DEX, +CHA
>>
>>336482472
I agree with >>336482569
It is realism. But I also agree with >>336483415 cause it isn't necessary. Everyone in the gaming world want's to be something they can't in real life strong, intelligent, powerful, beautiful/handsome and most of all they want to be important. People with these traits don't usually play video games.
>>
>>336484042
>>336483434
>Men get good stat bonuses
>Women get stat dumps
>>
File: 1453044841215.jpg (2 KB, 115x125) Image search: [Google]
1453044841215.jpg
2 KB, 115x125
I think it's even possible to balance it out gameplay-wise. A somewhat attractive female capable of defending herself from rape (via magic or some other shit) would have a natural charisma advantage in any patriarchic setting and could whore or flirt herself trough most conflicts.
>>
>>336482472
>Sexual dimorphism is no longer a fact but an opinion that you must now defend.
What a time to be alive.
>>
>>336482472
Realism.
But nobody plays video games for realism
>>
Male: STR, END, INT
Female: CHR, DEX, Willpower/Faith whatever
WIS remains the same I guess.
>>
File: 141232932895.jpg (148 KB, 480x342) Image search: [Google]
141232932895.jpg
148 KB, 480x342
>>
>>336484694
Dump stats
>>
>>336484760
>everything I don't like is /pol/

You could have answered the thread with your opinion but instead you deflect to /pol/ boogeyman
>>
>>336484871

DEX and Faith aren't dump stats and CHR can compensate for lack of END.
>>
>>336484025
Baito desu
>>
>>336484975
DEX typically isn;t, but CHA definitely is a dump stat and Faith isn't normally a video game or p&p stat
>>
>>336484938
Half 4chan is /b/, the other half is /pol/.
/v/ clearly is on the first half, but it's pretty easy to switch sides
>>
>>336484694
Lets be real here
Male: STR END DEX WIL AGI
Female: CHA bonus when interacting with males
>>
>>336484694
>Female: CHR, DEX, Willpower
You could technically replace chr with the "use vagina" perk but everything else is pure fucking garbage. Men are faster and more agile than women. Men are also less likely to piss themselves and start crying whenever a stress occurs.
>>
>>336485128
this thread isnt /pol/ or complaining about liberals at all though

fuck off with your politics bait
>>
>>336483434
Shouldn't women have better AGI because well, they're much flexible than men and lighter
>>
>>336483613
thats a woman on the bottom m8
>>
>>336485358
>>336485174
I'll take the bait, how are men more dexterous and agile than women when there is no way to measure either?
>>
>>336485174

Male: STR END DEX WIL INT
Female: CHR DEX AGI WIS
>>
>>336484576

It's not a question if they're real or not. It's a question of if setting these differences as an in-game universal is appropriate.
>>
>>336482472
It's variety and leads to interesting characters. Problem is people are way too stuck in MUH OPTIMAL BUILDS and derive their fun from playing the numbers game. It's not really relevant, but most fun I ever had in roleplaying games was when I decided to go with randomly rolled characters who generally had mediocre or shitty stats to work with.
>>
>>336485442
>when there is no way to measure either?
Yeah its not like men completely dominate women in every single olympic event causing the events to be split into men and women, oh wait that is exactly what happens.
>>
>>336485358

Agile and dexterous women are much more common than men, and WIL or FTH just determines healing and holy magic potency really, maybe magic resistance too.
>>
>women
>not higher END
They biologically have a higher pain threshold.
>>
File: 1446491131229.jpg (53 KB, 692x488) Image search: [Google]
1446491131229.jpg
53 KB, 692x488
>>336485442
>when there is no way to measure either
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_metres
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_jump
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_jump
>>
>>336485047
well /pol/posted my friend
>>
File: 32023-600.jpg (155 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
32023-600.jpg
155 KB, 600x600
>>336485442
There are actually numerous ways to measure both depending on what you're focusing on.
>>
>>336485679
>Agile and dexterous women are much more common than men
I bet you are one of those pathetic fucks who got outrun by girls in schools.
>>
>>336485685

Didn't this get debunked or something, or that while it's true that they do have a higher pain threshold women are much more likely to surrender in the face of fear due to weakness of mind.

We all did that "put the hand in the freezing water as long as possible" experiment when we were kids, I guarantee you that the last kid to pull out was a a cocky wee lad.
>>
>>336485685
Only during childbirth.
>not having a female ogre in permanent labor tank every boss
>>
>>336485841

Well I'm rather bulky and tall thanks to my dad so I'd say probably, no doubt in the flexibility department because it feels like I'm made of stone sometimes. I have massively long legs, does that give me an advantage when running?
>>
>>336485894
It's not really debunked as much as there is no universal pain. Just because you deal with, I don't know, menstrual cramps you cannot avoid doesn't mean you're good with dealing injury-induced pain. Pain resistance itself is largely mental in origin and probably has more to do with your conditioning than anything inherent, if Spetsnaz training regimes are anything to go by. You feel pain, you simply train yourself to ignore it.
>>
>>336485685
I believe most of that myth comes from the fact that females ARE less susceptible to blood loss which is completely ruined by the fact that it's measured relative to the body mass so an average man still outperforms average woman in same circumstances just due to size difference.
>>
>>336485174
women are more naturally flexible than men, they have a dex advantage
>>
>game has int bonus to females
>>
I think gender should be an entirely superficial factor in RPGs.
I would go so far as to say that even locking romances to certain sexes is fucking stupid.
It's usually all about escapism anyway, so just make any given romance-capable character's orientation reliant on the player character's sex.
>>
Realistically women would have 50% of the STR and 60% of the DEX of men (this is tested). The only biological advantages are increased vitality + lifespan, and higher social value to wombs being more precious than sperm. So it would have to be something like:

men (women)
VIT 10 (13)
STR 10 (5)
DEX 10 (6)
CHA 10 (16)

And I've never seem a game do this.
>>
>>336485719
If you want to attribute those as agility or dexterity, but going by tabletop gaming (and most video games) none of those events would require dexterity or agility checks
>>
>>336486160
Dex and Cha advantages make women breddy gud thieves.
>>
>Dexterity and Agility are track and field
>Not gymnastics
>>
>>336482472
I literally tried to buy tie fighter on gog yesterday but it wouldnt me because theyre in europe or some shit. idk what they changed
>>
File: 1409119224494.png (134 KB, 1240x1150) Image search: [Google]
1409119224494.png
134 KB, 1240x1150
>>336486303
> increased vitality

Why?

Women have longer lifespans for entirely different reasons. One of them being that they cope with stress better by gossiping,talking,crying and generally letting out their emotions while men are conditioned to hold them inside and tough it up.

Another reason is that they take on more dangerous jobs, die younger and thus lower the average lifespan.
>>
>>336483859
Some people don't like facts
>>
>>336486303
Why would men have more dex?
Lady's tiny fingers would help with lock picking
>>
Why even limit players in that way? The concept is kind of outdated.

I play video games to do and be things I can't. If I want to be a bulky, strong ass woman then I should be able to be that.

Video games are not real life and don't have to adhere to real life.
>>
>>336486160
Flexibility has at best a small influence on dexterity. Dexterity by definition is the combination of skill and speed of body parts, just because women are more flexible it doesn't make them more precise.
>>
File: 17.jpg (85 KB, 348x320) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
85 KB, 348x320
>>336486742
Yeah, we should let men be women and women be men. Let the lunatics run the asylum.
>>
>>336486742

Nigger both types can coexist, wanting to make every game boil down to a Tabula Rasa would be boring for some people.
>>
>>336486630
No. Increased female vitality is a fact held true throughout human history no matter the role of women and no matter the stage of life. Female neonates (babies) have higher survival rates than males. None of the things you said are backed up by science at all.
>>
>>336485446
>dex
Because e-sports is dominated by women, right?

>agi
Because atletism records are all taken by women right?

>wis
Because 90% of the greatest minds in story are women right?

>cha
I'll give you that
>>
>>336486728
leg strength, and thus speed. Women have 60% of men's leg strength on average.

The real problem is that "dex" is very ambiguous. It covers several abilities that have very little to do with each other, and which you cannot even objectively measure or compare. Even the applications of it in games make no sense and are completely arbitrary (why does it increase bow damage?).
>>
>it's a fedora-tipping level
>>
>>336486354
What the fuck are you talking about? Dexterity is literally bound to how much living objects can move during turns in games and tabletops.

Or did you mean faster reflexes?
http://www.healthline.com/health-news/mental-mens-and-womens-brains-wired-differently-120713
Here, have a thing that proves that men have better reaction times.

What about fencing? Is it something that would typically be influenced by dex since it doesn't require strength? Well, shit's segregated too for the same reason any other sport is. Males outperform women by the large margin.

Balance is the only thing when it comes to dex or agi that females have over men.
>>
>>336487226
Women have something closer to 80% leg strength, it's upper body that lags behind the most.
>>
File: blast to the past.jpg (63 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
blast to the past.jpg
63 KB, 600x480
>>336487113
It's not even guaranteed charisma superiority because that's very vague and doesn't solely mean TITS AND ASS.
>>
>>336487027
Why would it affect games? Nothing but fitness will save you from an axe to your abs
>>
Why do people keep demanding we accept diversity and then get mad when you acknowledge differences?
>>
>>336487113
What do any of those have to do with the mentioned stat? Do people really think running speed entirely defines agility?
>>
>>336487113

Wisdom isn't being smart, it's about gathering useful knowledge and lore, something like an alchemist. Considering how passive women's lifestyles are, I'd say they have more chances of gathering said knowledge than a man going off to kill some dragons.

Dexterity and Agility refer to finesse, grace, balance. Women are generally better at these things though a man can surpass it if he were to min-max. Reflexes should fall down to END or something because women have generally worst reflexes.

Sure a man can be better at pretty much everything if he were to focus his entire life on it than a women ever could but at an average level, which is the key distinction here you fucking faggot, women have shown to be superior in a few aspects.
>>
>>336487352
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8477683
>The women were approximately 52% and 66% as strong as the men in the upper and lower body respectively.
>>
>>336487027
>None of the things you said are backed up by science at all.

1. The sources are right in the fucking image you idiot.
2. Plenty of studies have been done on the subject of women living longer because of less dangerous jobs and because of bigger social networks than men, you'd know this if you bothered to document yourself instead of spouting inane bullshit on imageboards
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1018115
http://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1000316
http://news.health.com/2013/03/26/isolation-loneliness-may-raise-death-risk-for-elderly/
>>
>>336487226
>completely arbitrary (why does it increase bow damage?).
This is easy to explain but is a creative liberty taken by turn based games. Having higher dexterity means you can notch and fire your arrows faster which would equate to higher DPS.
>>
>>336482472
realism and on top of it it gives games and characters more depth. literally no downsides
>>
Realism. But in the interest of fairness, you also should balance them.

Which is hard, but doable.
>>
>>336482472
Playing a woman in Fallout is easy mode.
>>
>>336487539
That's not taking height into account. If we go solely based on the average male and female, then females will be shorter in general, which skews the statistic.
>>
>>336487287
Balance, finer muscle control, flexibility but yeah dexterity is totally just reflexes
>>
>>336487113

>Because atletism records are all taken by women right?

Gymanstics is probably the best measure of agility and dexterity out of any sport, and it's absolutely dominated by women.
>>
>>336487494
>considering how passive women's lifestyles are
Being a scholar is not a passive lifestyle tough. Otherwise we would have women dominating history, linguistics and other sciences that require extensive amounts of knowledge.
>>
File: jpg'd monstrosity.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
jpg'd monstrosity.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>336482472
>mfw STR and CHA in M&B for men

Waifufags

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>336487494
>someone traveling and experiencing life, meeting new people and creatures has less wisdom than someone being passive and staying at home

You're retarded and wisdom has fuckall to do with gender.

>the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise.
>the soundness of an action or decision with regard to the application of experience, knowledge, and good judgment.
>>
>>336487353
When you think about it, if women are actually treated by society as inferior to men, shouldn't all women have a negative charisma modifier?
>>
>>336487113
INT is smarts, WIS is more common sense and intuition.

I actually wouldn't give him cha. Because charisma is more than looks. Charisma is also manners, leadership ability, being convincing.
>>
Females experience less muscular fatigue over consecutive days of exertion.
>>
>>336487864
It depends entirely on context.

A woman might have an easier time convincing a guard to let her pass, but a harder time convincing a political leader that her course of action is the correct one.

Instead of relying broadly on "Charisma" it should use a system with Persuasion, Seduction, Intimidation.
>>
>>336487807
There's no real consensus if dexterity and agility are track and field, or gymnastics because saying one or the other carries a bias.
>>
Women make up for their lack of STR with their higher INT it's all equal.
>>
>It's a neckbeards get upset at women thread
>>
>>336488149
>it's a whiteknight projects for m'lady bait post
>>
>>336488052
A woman may have an easier time convincing a guard that doesn't care about his job, a man will have an easier time actually fooling a guard.

And if the guard's a chick, it's completely different again.

Charisma should be split between looks and manners, really.
>>
>>336487814
But CHA is the worst attribute
>>
>>336487807
>Gymanstics is probably the best measure of agility and dexterity out of any sport
You mean rhythmic gymnastics? You know, a sport with arbitrary scoring system that is denied for boys because it's not "manly" enough.

On top of that, it's not the only type of gymnastics.

Ever heard about rings and pommel horse? You know why women don't compete in those? Because they literally can't handle them physically.
>>
>>336488052
Charisma works fine, the difference is the complete weight of those situations and culture. Convincing a guard is a lot more mundane and common than convincing a political leader which is exceedingly uncommon unless you're in day to day contact with the leader and they're less likely to listen to women.
>>
>>336484760
Wow I see your goober boogeyman isn't working anymore so now everything you don't like is /pol/

Get out
>>
>>336488382
It doesn't have to be a political leader, just anyone in a position of authority relative to you in the current context.
>>
>disadvantaged if I want to play a male shaman spellcaster argonian over female
I am being oppressed.
>>
>>336488101
>women
>higher INT
Where did this meme come from?
>>
>>336488580
Feminist female supremacists
>>
>>336488263
CHA is great if your DM isn't a railroading piece of shit.
>>
>>336482472
>women are smarter
>men are stronger
Sounds realistic to me :^)
>>
>>336488580
Mount and Blade, it's full of feminist ideals.
>>
>>336488580
Age of puberty
>>
>>336488261
>convincing a guard that doesn't care about his job, a man will have an easier time actually fooling a guard.
I completely disagree with this, if the guard doesn't care it won't matter if its a man or woman. Though a woman will have an easier time fooling a guard of either gender because most societies generally view the day to day activities of women as harmless.

>>336488454
Anyone with any real authority likely won't listen to a woman because she's a woman, not necessarily because she wasn't convincing.
>>
File: 1423037062943.jpg (28 KB, 383x345) Image search: [Google]
1423037062943.jpg
28 KB, 383x345
>>336488734
If women are so smart why was the game programmed by men?
>>
>>336488854
This applies for our world.

It doesn't necessary apply for whatever universe the setting is.
>>
Discrimination since there's no reason that the exceptional protagonists of a video game need to conform to "realism"
>>
>>336488952
I'll concede to that, but in such a sterilized environment who is to say men are more convincing than women?
>>
>>336482472

Neither, it's just unnecessary since you are creating a unique person and not someone who is the exact average of his or her gender.
>>
its generally pointless
in any game that isnt about cooking or nursing you'd want to play as a male
and if its a game with magic that stats are useless since, magic
>>
>>336488261
Charisma isn't just about persuasion, it's how liked you are among your people, how social you can be, etc. A neckbeard wizard can argue rationally all he wants, but the charismatic hero is the one who gets it his ways.
>>
>>336487807
it's not a co-ed sport dumbass. the women have fewer events as well as substitute events that require less upper body strength. are you retarded?

*interest* in the sport is dominated by women because it involves a dance component. people like watching young females dance. nobody likes watching dudes
>>
>>336489005
Well if we're throwing realism out the window, why don't we just make every video game protagonist into physically and mentally perfect hermaphrodites?
>>
>>336488871
Do you need to be intelligent or just nerdy to program games?
>>
>>336489095
Not more convincing as a whole - that was your point, not mine - but more convincing when trying to get past a guard. Because men are generally more suited to "legwork", for biological reasons, and will hence more likely be regarded as "yeah, this guy seems like he has legit business here".

And even in our current world, people will listen to women, including people in a position of authority, if the women are roughly on their level. I don't think anyone's going to disregard a politician because "women be crazy, right".

Overall, you'd probably rightfully arrive at similar charisma scores, and situationally different charisma difficulty checks.
>>
>>336489201
>how social you can be
This is wrong you can be a loud obnoxious asshole.
Charisma is the ability to make people have favourable opinions of you and is effected by your appearance and your way with words.
>>
File: 4.png (34 KB, 572x252) Image search: [Google]
4.png
34 KB, 572x252
>>336489453
First explain to me what "nerdy" means in this context.

And why intelligence is not related in any shape or way with it.

I mean women even have special groups to support them into programming, something men don't have. It's obvious they don't really care about video games as much.
>>
File: mount blade fem.jpg (87 KB, 778x245) Image search: [Google]
mount blade fem.jpg
87 KB, 778x245
Real talk: how mad would feminists get if they made a game with actual realistic gender differences, as in women are substantially physically then men?

Mount and Blade almost did this, but in practice the differences were minimal.
>>
File: 1449271264060.jpg (109 KB, 720x713) Image search: [Google]
1449271264060.jpg
109 KB, 720x713
Let's look at it from another angle. We can argue for hours about what constitutes for str, dex, agi vit etc. But let's think about things that those stats are used for.

>fighting
Men absolutely dominate women in this aspect. Pugilism, fencing, archery. You name it.

>thievery
If the hands eye coordination favors men in fencing then there is no reason for it to not do the same when it comes to lockpicking or pick pocketing. Being able to run the fuck away is super important for the thief and men are factually faster than women on any distances.

>traversing long distances
Once again. There is a reason why men have to run longer distances than women within same long-distance running disciplines.

>gathering and systematizing knowledge
Men dominate stem and other sciences that actually matter. Why wouldn't the same thing apply to mages and sorcerers?

So why the fuck would woman get ANYTHING but penalties in everything except for pussy trading?
>>
>>336489491
Charisma is an oversimplification that can't take these things into account without a good DM.
>>
>>336483434
>female higher end
>equal agi
>only 1 increased chr
to be honest family i'm shaking my head
>>
>>336489201
Guess which gender is more sociable, with better developed language centers, and can better read the emotions of others?
>>
>>336489690
>>thievery
>If the hands eye coordination favors men
To further bolster your argument virtually all famous jewelers and watch makers are men
>>
Eh. Realism or not, I'd say it's a shitty design choice. Most people end up making their characters a reflection of themselves, or at least an idealized version of themselves. If you want to roll a certain build, but you would be gimped right out of the gate for making a character that looks like you, it would be a pain in the ass. Not to mention that there's high variance in natural abilities. Some people are born 6"8 and with the perfect bone structure/proportions to slam trolls right the fuck out of an arena while decked out in Black Iron. Some people are born looking like they would break at any second. Restricting characters in an RPG to what is average for their gender, in a genre that's entirely about being far above average, is a bit silly.
>>
File: EqualityvsJustice-28500[1].jpg (51 KB, 540x442) Image search: [Google]
EqualityvsJustice-28500[1].jpg
51 KB, 540x442
>>336489690
Because that's not fair and just.
>>
>>336489690
>Why wouldn't the same thing apply to mages and sorcerers?
To mages, maybe. But sorcerers don't apply INT, and they shouldn't in any system. Their magic is innate and intuitive, not learned from spellbooks.

Similar with divine casters of any case, the magic comes from god, not research.

So, a male may make for a better mage, but his attempts to make sense of his innate ability/divine gifts may actually harm him in terms of being a sorcerer/priest/druid/whatever
>>
>>336489868
>famous jewelers and watch makers
>famous
I've never heard of any.
>>
>>336489629
Nerdy being the interest you have in watching operations being done by a complex integrated circuit, and intelligence being the ability to learn this and apply logic.
>>
File: 1260153692699.jpg (32 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1260153692699.jpg
32 KB, 450x600
>>336486630
>civilian men killing each other
>military men killing each other
>idiot men applying for dangerous jobs
>emo men offing themselves
>generally being worse parents then complaining about bias

>I--I'm not privileged because of my own bad choices
Stop fucking blaming others for your own failures. It's exactly what feminists do. MRAs have even less excuse to be whiny fucks than feminists do because we're supposed to be the stronger sex.
>>
>>336486728
Ametuer lockpicker here, no it really wouldn't help with lockpicking, because the fingers never actually touch the lock.
>>
>>336489937
>Similar with divine casters of any case, the magic comes from god, not research.
Has there ever been a single religion controlled by women? Popes, rabbis, imams. You name it. All males.

Fuck, the very notion of woman is associated with sin in most religions.
>>
I'm not arguing about gender differences, but when making a "player character" consider this :

Female and Male warrior characters are equal in strength :

Male character starts with 10 STR - he spent every day doing 100 push-ups.

Female character starts with 10 STR - she spent every day doing 120 push-ups.

If anything it shouldn't affect your starting stats, because if your character lived as a female warrior before, then chances are she trained to compensate. For maximum realism it should probably affect the stats cap but there's no gameplay advantage in doing that.
>>
>>336485378
No
>>
>>336489491
>but more convincing when trying to get past a guard.
I still dispute this, women in most societies of most time periods are generally seen as harmless even if they don't have a particularly good reason for trespassing on a guard. Women have always done legwork too, less physical obviously but very rarely have women sat at home doing nothing.
>>
>>336489453
Programming in general requires both passion and intelligence.
>>
>>336490169
Nah. It's a legit argument because it destroys SJWs on their own field. Nobody has ever used those stats outside of those arguments.
>>
>>336490169
Those dangerous jobs keep the economy everyone enjoys alive, and those combat deaths keep the freedom everyone enjoys alive.

Someone's gotta do it, and women ain't exactly volunteering.
>>336490216
>Has there ever been a single religion controlled by women?
... does that matter?
The spells come directly from your god. Personally. The pope ain't got a say in this.
>>336490258
>women in most societies of most time periods are generally seen as harmless even if they don't have a particularly good reason for trespassing on a guard.
Maybe so, but that's still a violation of his duties that he'll get chewed out for, even if she won't do any damage. The reliable way is to make the guard think you're supposed to get through, not to think you're harmless enough.
>>
>>336489923
That midget just stole that guy's box! What kind of justice is this?
>>
>>336485358
>Men are also less likely to piss themselves and start crying whenever a stress occurs.
That's why it's always them giving birth. Oh wait.
>>
>>336489690
These arguments are autistic and retarded because they ignore a major contributing factor: perfectionistic and rivalrous mindsets. Of the things I'm good at (mainly just video games and guitar), I see men at the top because they sperg out over it the most.
>>
>>336490417
>Someone's gotta do it, and women ain't exactly volunteering.
That's because enough IQ 70 men are. I'm not cucked enough to do those jobs as a man, let alone if I were a woman.
>>
File: 1417556478832.jpg (352 KB, 1232x867) Image search: [Google]
1417556478832.jpg
352 KB, 1232x867
>>336490169
>I want someone to mine metal for my PC components and someone to handle dangerously high voltages every day so I can shitpost on the internet
>I'm not willing to do it myself but anyone who does it is an idiot
>>
>>336489690
ITS THE ROCK BOTTOM! THE ROCK BOTTOM! THE ROCK BOTTOM!
>>
>>336483872
>Americans do stupid endurance training instead of just going out for 6 months innawoods

I have never understood why Americans do this.
>>
File: 1445160555259.png (456 KB, 768x660) Image search: [Google]
1445160555259.png
456 KB, 768x660
>>336490234
It's simply not applicable to strength though. Any somewhat healthy male maggot in this thread can become stronger than the strongest woman in the world in a matter of, like, 2-3 years.
>>
>>336482472
>Character creation
>Genders have equal everything except who they can use seduction on
>females and objectively better due to vastly more targets for seduction
>>
>>336482721
Stupid.
>>
>>336490626
>It's simply not applicable to strength though. Any somewhat healthy male maggot in this thread can become stronger than the strongest woman in the world in a matter of, like, 2-3 years.

But this is not a matter of "I-I could do that eventually in 2-3 years too!"

It's a matter of how much STR the character has when it's being created.
>>
>>336483872
It's an exercise where they take a log that's a couple hundred pounds and move it from one shoulder, hold it over their head, then move it to the other.
If they're being punished, then the whole team holds a several hundred pound over their heads for however long they are told to hold it.
>>
>>336490407
>play on the SJW field
>legit
This is exactly what I was talking about. It's legitimatizing the SJW technique of blaming others for your own failures. Ever heard the old adage about never fighting pigs because you both get dirty and they enjoy it?
>>
File: Genderbread_person.jpg (115 KB, 556x1133) Image search: [Google]
Genderbread_person.jpg
115 KB, 556x1133
>>336482738
>a slider

You need more than one slider CIS-scum.
>>
>>336490417
>The reliable way is to make the guard think you're supposed to get through, not to think you're harmless enough.
That's entirely up to the context of the situation, a woman will have a difficult time infiltrating the war camp obviously. A man will have a difficult time infiltrating the queen's bed chambers.
>>
>>336486630
>Suicide "victims"
not
>Fucking retarded emo gits
>>
>>336483872
Yeah we did that in basic training and also in infantry school. It's more to tesch teamwork than an exercise. Nevermind that before you get to this point where you lift the log you've already a pack run for about a dozen miles among other various things.
>>
>>336489989
That is hardly surprising for a /v/irgin, most watches and jewels are factory processed now watchmakers in particular have faded into obscurity because most of the work they do now is repair jobs.
>>
Women would be stronger because depending on how slutty they're dressed they can have the strength of 2-10 men
>>
>>336490573
They do it entirely on their own volition and are evidently well enough compensated to do it because they do it. You're the one infantilizing them by taking away their agency. I shouldn't be doing it because it would be a waste, if I'm capable of doing a STEM job well, which I am, then save the labour for those who can't do otherwise.

By the way, that picture commits the fallacy of assuming both sides can't be true.
>>
Games only need four stats
>Fitness/strength
The physical quality of the body
>Agility/dexterity
The mental quality of using the body
>Intelligence
The ability to reason, think, comprehend, learn
>Charisma
Attractiveness, personality, social interaction
>>
>>336490169
>MRAs

who
>>
>>336490846
Exactly, suicide "victims" is the sort of SJW language that makes MRAs look like complete opportunistic hypocrites.
>>
>>336490727
Shit's getting weird with this whole identity thing.
>>
>>336490782
Let's be real, there's going to be a lot more guarded fighting-related locations than women's bedchambers.

But that just brings us back to my previous point: Equal CHA stat, situational difficulty adjustments.

If you want to compensate for women, you could turn wisdom into something like intuition, gut feelings, and give women a bonus there, that could aid with some kinds of magic.
>>336490959
Reductionists need to leave.
>>
>>336490725
> It's legitimatizing the SJW technique of blaming others for your own failures

Nobody is blaming "others" for their own failures.

I didn't post those statistics to whine about them. I'm a man, my lifespan is probably 20 whole fucking years lower than that of a woman's and I have absolutely no problem with that, it's a fact of life which I accept.

Those statistics were posted to explain why "longer lifespan" for women shouldn't translate to higher vitality in-game. Because their higher lifespans come from men dying in war and accidents much often.

Did you get triggered by the image and just went into a blind rage without even bothering to read the post?
>>
>>336490782
This is actually the reason kunoichi were a thing.
>>
File: stacks_image_5796.png (456 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
stacks_image_5796.png
456 KB, 480x640
>>336489868
Actually, most watchmakers and jewelers are robots.
>>
>>336490471
>These arguments are autistic and retarded because they ignore a major contributing factor: perfectionistic and rivalrous mindsets.

It would be a good argument if not for a simple fact: NONE of those fields have women anywhere near the top.

I would totally agree with you if in all these years we had at least a single female who was capable of being close to the top of any non-female only sports.

But when the whole world is not enough to find a single woman who is "perfectionistic or rivalrous" enough then it's most likely not the case.
>>
>>336490427
There is no justice in keeping something you do not need while a man with that need suffers for your greed.
>>
>>336490703
What I mean is:
If 10 STR equals the strongest male in the world, then women on their own should never be able to get past 6 or 7.
>>
>>336491074
Ha ha, so you have that image saved for arguments about longevity, do you kiddo?
>>
>>336491059
Why would you compensate for women? They're just discount men. That's all
>>
>>336482472
You could argue for either very easily.
>>
>>336491251
>women on their own should never be able to get past 6 or 7
Isn't 5 supposed to be the male average? Do you know how much female weightlifters can lift? Sure it's not as much as the male ones, but it's leagues beyond the average athletic man.
>>
File: Yatsuha.jpg (185 KB, 1041x1500) Image search: [Google]
Yatsuha.jpg
185 KB, 1041x1500
>>336491085
They weren't a thing, and I don't believe it would be particularly effective. I mean its pretty cool in concept, as long as that concept isn't "pink haired girl loves fag in orange jumpsuit"
>>
>>336491278
First, because you actually want to sell your game, and if your game's getting shitstormed that's bad for sales.

Second, because in that case, there's no longer a reason to offer the choice at all. Realistic or not, you have to balance builds, or everyone's just picking the best one. There wouldn't be any reason not to.
>>
File: 1462350197422.jpg (122 KB, 947x734) Image search: [Google]
1462350197422.jpg
122 KB, 947x734
>>336490727
>biological sex is a slider
>>
>>336491497
But there are legitimately multiple sexes. It's actually the only concrete thing on that whole fucking image.
>>
>>336491121
>But when the whole world is not enough to find a single woman who is "perfectionistic or rivalrous" enough then it's most likely not the case.
Not the other dude, but if you have a pool of "perfectionistic and rivalrous" people that's a thousand times bigger for men, how likely is it you'll "randomly pick out" a woman as the best in something, especially because we're only talking about non-physical areas since no one is denying men are more athletic?
>>
>>336491497
Ever heard of hermaphrodites? Also there are XXY and XYY and X and XXX freaks that have weird sexual characteristics.
>>
File: FemaleRangerPortrait.png (188 KB, 500x549) Image search: [Google]
FemaleRangerPortrait.png
188 KB, 500x549
Gender-based class differences can be awesome though, if done right. Pic related, female classes in DFO almost always play better for parties while the male classes are good for soloing.
>>
The advantages women have besides pussy are fairly minimal and not easy to represent in a videogame.
Mostly it's just sense shit that would take gimmicky VR to simulate. Better color vision, stronger sense of smell, stronger sense of touch, better hearing, arguably tatse as well.
Problem is, all of those things are either minimal, or you can just use a dog to alleviate any deficiencies.
Maybe a woman with a trained gorilla or some shit could even the playing field, I don't know.
>>
File: Dancer.jpg (275 KB, 750x799) Image search: [Google]
Dancer.jpg
275 KB, 750x799
>>336491672
Female only classes are always worse than their male equivalent, see picture for proofs.
>>
>>336483872
>Vietnam kids work 8-12 hour days carrying logs and shit only for 30min breaks, for the capitalist dream.
Yeah america is just always fat.
>>
Its simple men should have +2 in all stats and females should have a perk that reduces all of mens stats by 3 on the condition that he is a just man, if he is not a just man bitches are about to get dunked on.
>>
>>336491906
forgot the pic
>>
>>336491357
Well, it doesn't change the fact that there should be a female limit waay below male one.
>>
File: laughing mi6 girls.jpg (94 KB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
laughing mi6 girls.jpg
94 KB, 300x290
Basically no one denies that men are better athletes, and that most "heroics" in a given video game will at least be partially athletic.

But anger about women being equal in video games comes down to two things

1. Being too autistic to suspend disbelief
2. Bitterness over not being desirable to women causing you to get triggered
>>
>>336482472
>ITT: people who don't understand statistics.

If genders had different stats then it wouldn't be realistic. It's true that both genders ON AVERAGE outperform the other in some areas. That does not mean an individual person couldn't exceed the average of the other gender.
>>
>>336489690
Because you're trying to make a game that should be balanced, not make a real life simulator.
>>
>>336483613
youre talking a lot of shit kid
>>
File: 1425883651342.png (566 KB, 618x791) Image search: [Google]
1425883651342.png
566 KB, 618x791
>>336491270
Yes I also use it to shut up people who complain that men are more privileged, if that's what you're asking. Since men take more risks, a bigger part of them die, but a part of them also become richer than those who play it more safe.

That's a discussion for another thread though.
>>
>>336492062
>and that most "heroics" in a given video game will at least be partially athletic.
Unless you're going D&D-esque, in which case athletic gets laughed at.
>>
In a game with multiple distinct races there really isn't much of a reason because the difference between races will always be vastly more different than the sexual dimorphism of the individual races.
>>
>>336482472
>Character creation
>Genders have different stats

Have any games actually done this? I can't think of any beyond maybe a few of the D&D adaptations and none where it actually made a difference.
>>
>>336492393

Mount and Blade
>>
>>336483415
It also spices up things. (not in a sexual way)
Playing as female in Warband is harder than playing male, so it gives more satisfaction when you biesiege and conquer the castle for example.
It's kinda like subclass, which is nice.
>>
>>336491387
They were, it's just that ninja were not primarily combatants like we tend to think. They were spies and occasionally assassins. Females were useful for infiltrating places that men couldn't.
>>
>>336491819
nigga dancer was great with the right build

yeah bard was better just cause harps but dancer was good yeah
>>
File: DeicideWallpaper.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DeicideWallpaper.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>336491819
Except in DFO, where most female classes have better utility than their male counterparts, which is important in endgame content unless you're ridiculously geared. Pic related.
>>
It's stupid. If I pick a female character I'm not doing it to chase some stat bonus I just want to play a female character. Having gender-differentiated stats just dumbs down the gameplay experience.
>>
>>336492393
Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion did and they were pretty minor aside from a Breton woman couldn't hit shit at the start of Morrowind thanks to low dex.
>>
>>336492062
Nobody is angry about the mere fact that women are equal in some video games. People are angry at faggots who act as if there are any non-pussy related advantages of being female in a setting that tries to take realistic approach.
>>
File: 1455493645166.jpg (21 KB, 540x543) Image search: [Google]
1455493645166.jpg
21 KB, 540x543
>elder ogres prefer males
>>
File: Ayame.jpg (306 KB, 600x846) Image search: [Google]
Ayame.jpg
306 KB, 600x846
>>336492490
Dancer was shit through and through, debuffs are worthless

>>336492473
Not many ninja games focus on intelligence and espionage, and even less of them require disguising oneself.
>>
Women's advantages aside from pussy stopped being useful after the neolithic revolution.
>>
>>336489923
thats neither equality nor justice, its clearly communism
>>
>>336492393
Dbz xenoverse
>>
File: 1332723355524.jpg (63 KB, 298x289) Image search: [Google]
1332723355524.jpg
63 KB, 298x289
>>336482472
>Females are better at magic than males
Discrimination.
>>
>>336492717
>Nobody is angry about the mere fact that women are equal in some video games.
Bullshit. Lurk more.

>People are angry at faggots who act as if there are any non-pussy related advantages of being female in a setting that tries to take realistic approach.
You could have written this sentence a hell of a lot better. "Realistic" to what extent, that they start sperging out over male vs. female athletes? Why is that ever a good idea, for capitalistic reasons alone?
>>
>>336492884
>>336492717
Could you sound more like a jaded faggot?
>>
>>336493029
It's fucking magic, man. You can make males incapable of performing it altogether because mana is stored in ovaries or some shit.
>>
>>336493029
>have two beautiful children and a wife
>one day my children, my wife, my house, and half of my shit dissapears and my wallet is taking DoT
If that isn't magic than what is?
>>
>>336492884
Sorry about those girls giggling at you in school, anon. :^(
>>
I'm going all out now

women are smarter than men
>>
>>336493029
How many male Wiccans do you see? Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>336490703

Yeah, but a guy who does 100 pushups a day is likely to come out much stronger than a woman who does 125 pushups a day.

Mean tend to be heavier, so the guy is pushing up an extra 30-40 lbs at least, which ends up with a higher strength even despite the rep difference.

And then you've got the hormonal benefits to muscular development and secondary sex characteristics.

If you had a man and a woman who were both fighters and warriors and pushed themselves, the man is going to come out significantly stronger than his female counterpart.

Now, that shouldn't mean that women can't be warriors or fighters, they can, but they aren't going to be competitive in terms of raw strength or power. They'd have to alter their approach to fighting to compensate for that difference.
>>
File: 1316878989887.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1316878989887.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>336493182
Explain wizards.
>>
File: lol.png (34 KB, 123x200) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
34 KB, 123x200
>>336492717
>Nobody is angry about the mere fact that women are equal in some video games.
Enjoying it here so far?
>>
>>336493337
Men have more outliners than women.
Women are more consistent while male population has more idiots and geniuses.
>>
>>336493283
It's not that, it's just that the things they got better at were neutralized as we made more and morr tools.
Now we have shit so the colorblind can live without any added harm.
Men's advantages are going away too as we get closer and closer to mastering robotics.
Evolution marches on, in the end superiority doesn't matter as long as you hit a certain threshold.
>>
>>336493618
I'm not talking about whether you're factually correct or not, anon, I'm talking about why it's important enough to post at length about on a Japanese cartoon forum.
>>
>vidya games
>realism
Like who the fuck cares about realism
Your dude tearing a dragon in two isn't more realistic than a woman doing it or a dog
>>
>>336493953
Because autism.
>>
File: 1445090954523.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1445090954523.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>336483434
>Same intelligence
>>
File: witch reaction.png (50 KB, 189x210) Image search: [Google]
witch reaction.png
50 KB, 189x210
>>336493470
Explain witches.
>>
>>336493470
Testicles are basically super ovaries and have to be kept outside the body like to diffuse the buildup of mana. Wizard balls are so powerful they still produce a surplus of mana so they can still use magic.
>>
>>336494224
Yes.
>>
File: j.jpg (17 KB, 473x333) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
17 KB, 473x333
Guys, guys. I think I've fixed it.

>Men are 30-50% stronger, tougher, faster than women
>Everyone can into magic
>BUT
>Female magic is naturally 30-50% stronger than male magic
>BUT
>Women who get into magic become sterile and extremely frigid
>>
File: mTErxWZ.png (57 KB, 622x416) Image search: [Google]
mTErxWZ.png
57 KB, 622x416
>>336482472
Realism
>>
>>336494340
>Women who get into magic become sterile and extremely frigid
Why

It was balanced up to that point, and mysticism with regards to females is often mixed with sexuality.
>>
>>336494340
So only nuns are magical?
Thats terrible
>>
>>336494224
So women can only cast 6-7 million spells in their lifetime whereas men can just keep shooting magic missile all over the goddamn carpet all day?
>>
>>336494518
Yeah, but if women prepare their spells long enough, they're gonna nuke your ass.
>>
>>336494445
They expend eggs to cast magic and women have limited, albiet a massive amount of eggs.
>>
>>336494445
>Why
Because magic is naturally more useful than STR, DEX, VIT etc
Leaving it like that AND giving women vagina bonus would make them overpowered.

Granted, you can still pick a female fighter/thief/bard and fuck your brains out. Just without magic.
>>
>>336489868
>To further bolster your argument virtually all famous jewelers and watch makers are men
that says nothing about those who steal the jewels and watches
>>
>>336494737
How about we go away from this shit tier meme already
Or at least keep it in its own discussion instead of having it spill over the place
>>336494759
>Because magic is naturally more useful than STR, DEX, VIT etc
That's just a question of balancing
>Leaving it like that AND giving women vagina bonus would make them overpowered.
Then make the magic bonus smaller if you can't balance for shit. Also, the vagina bonus isn't more of a thing than the dick bonus.
>>
File: 1459971715465.jpg (184 KB, 1920x893) Image search: [Google]
1459971715465.jpg
184 KB, 1920x893
Men are better at STR, DEF, DEX, and INT.

Women are better at giving birth, seduction/manipulation of others, stealing attention and/or money, and inflicting status debufs such as alimony or child support.
>>
>>336495019
>and inflicting status debufs such as alimony or child support.
beautiful
so fucking savage
>>
>>336489690
Just because men or women dominant a certain area in real life doesn't mean they do in fantasy worlds.

You can't use this example because its untested. Sure, most famous athletes are male but thats because male sports are more popular. More more popular = more money.

I don't think games should have gender differences, unless we're talking about animal species, especially bugs. Sure, GENERALLY, men may be stronger than women but that doesn't mean anything in a fantasy environment. A woman who spends all her time lugging around heavy armor and weapons or picking locks is going to be better at those things than a male who doesn't. Just like in real life.
>>
It's bullshit is what it is. I shouldn't have my optimal build homes just because I don't feel like playing a chick.
>>
if it were real male characters would be better in every way physically. for the sake of gameplay they just dont do it.
>>
>>336495340
I can't think of one game where an optimal build requires a female player character
>>
>>336495619
FFT
Perfumes motherfucker
>>
>>336491657
those are literally genetic mutations created when your DNA fucks up replicating. they're not legitimate sexes.
>>
>>336495619
Best light armor in DeS is female only.
>>
>>336482472
But anon, there are more than 2 genders and its scientifically proven.
>>
>>336495730
Thats how sexes happened in the first place, DNA fuck ups.
Species and Gender are both mistakes because the predecessing lifeforms bred imperfectly.
The passing on your DNA dream is dead.
>>
>>336495936
what
ever hear of meiosis?
we aren't all clones of one another because that would suck for genetic diversity
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.