[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So today is the last day for the Nioh demo, how did everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: nioh.jpg (111 KB, 398x292) Image search: [Google]
nioh.jpg
111 KB, 398x292
So today is the last day for the Nioh demo, how did everyone like it?

You think it's got what it takes to stand beside souls when it releases?
>>
why is a demo on a timer
>>
>>336445725
it was also testing network capabilities I guess is why, so it was kind of like a timed beta test too
>>
File: Raiken.jpg (91 KB, 607x588) Image search: [Google]
Raiken.jpg
91 KB, 607x588
It needs a bit of polish, sure, but it showed an absolute truckload of potential. Absolute could manage to be a GotY contender if it manages to be consistently good the whole way through.

BB > DaS > Nioh Demo > DaS 3 > DeS > DaS 2 > Not playing videogames > Lords of the Fallen

Raiken a best!
>>
>>336445796
>not Daiba
Get it together
>>
>>336445796
Sony pony detected

DaS3 = DaS > nioh demo > DeS > BB > DaS2
>>
>>336445660

Really enjoyed it. If they tighten up the mechanics slightly and add more enemy, armour and weapon variety it'll be legit amazing. Hyped as fuck to be honest familiar.
>>
>>336445931
Idort, actually.
>>
Why is everyone calling it a Souls game?
Demon's Souls didn't invent stamina, stat requirements on gear or checkpoints.
I hate you idiots.
>>
I thought it was great

really fucking hard though, I wasn't able to beat it in time
>>
>>336446282
probably because it has the souls style xp/currency system including needing to reclaim your body/bloodstain/spirit or w/e when you die or lose it completely upon dying twice

Other than that its basically a slightly less crazy ninja gaiden game with heavier focus on rpg mechanics
>>
>>336446396
>souls style xp/currency system
>you level up with currency you get from defeating enemies
>Souls invented it
Fuck off. Disregard the money you also get.
>>
File: 1449436370416.jpg (115 KB, 771x586) Image search: [Google]
1449436370416.jpg
115 KB, 771x586
>Still playing Dark Souls 3
>No drive to play Nioh right now
>I know I'd love to next week though
>I can't

The timing on this is pretty lousy.
>>
>>336446562
Did i say it invented it?

It doesn't change the fact that it has souls style mechanics including the fucking online aspects

I think you might be actually retarded if you think it has no souls influence, because of course it fucking has souls influence, the souls series has been the most dominant action series for the least 7 years
>>
Anyone find the 2nd phase of first boss super easy? I was having problems with the boss at first, but when he ditched his wrecking balls I did a Heavy stance combo with the Triangle finisher and it fucking demolished like 3/4 of his remaining health. Did it again and he was dead.
>>
>>336446703
*with axe
>>
>>336446693
Shibusawa himself openly cited Demon's Souls as a heavy influence on this incarnation of the game.

And he was gushing over how much he loved Bloodborne in an interview not too long ago.
>>
>>336446762
nue is even easier and everyone acts like he is hard, you literally just run around til he does the attack that puts him on his side and wail or use the shark spirit to stunlock him to death
>>
>>336446703
>Anyone find the 2nd phase of first boss super easy?
Yes definitely. The issue with that boss is that the first stage really needs more polishing. I think the difficulty of the first stage stems more from the ridiculous hitboxes the first stage has with the circular swing attack rather than being inherently difficult.
>>
it's pretty obviously a Souls clone, there's too many similar mechanics to list
>>
File: 1461915343729.png (276 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1461915343729.png
276 KB, 499x499
>>336445660
I'm lost in the demo. I've been running around the first stage leveling for a few hours, but it's completely circular. The only place I haven't gone was the residence-like entrance with 1 guy visible in the entrance and 2 guys waiting to ambush you in the interior on both sides.

How do I get the DLC? People say there is a Stage 2? But you don't have to beat it...?
>>
>>336446664
>dark souls 3 is permanent
>nioh is temporary
>im just gonna keep playing dark souls despite wanting to play nioh

???
>>
>>336446913
>I'm going to stop playing a game I'm enjoying because another game is needy
No.
>>
>>336446979
The demo is just 4 hours long ffs
>>
Just beat the demo. Had a lot of fun and these are just some of my opinions on each weapon.

>katana
Best overall weapon to use. If you get a high damaging one then there is literally no reason to use any of the other weapons.

>spear
Good for one vs one and zombies. Terrible for everything else

>Axe
Also good for zombies and not much else

>Hammer
Only good for the stone soldiers. Light stance and elemental imbue on the hammer completely destroys them.

>bow
Good for farming all the enemies before the first boss due to easy one shot kill head shots

>ninjutsu
Completely broken op. Elemental imbued weapons destroy anything. Sloth talisman in particular makes bosses way too easy and big enemies like the ogres and demons

Favorite God is water shark because not many games represent water element at all
>>
>>336445660
Fuck, I have to clear the first boss still... Just arrived there yesterday night.
>>
>>336446837
you only have to beat the first boss to get the dlc item, the second stage is more of an encore

You can go in from behind on that area with the dudes waiting to ambush you, but you can't really avoid fighting all of them at once so you may as well git gud and go ham on em

The way to go to the back of that little mansion area is in the grassy area where the second shrine is, you can walk up a path that leads to a cliff overlooking it and drop down
>>
>>336447072
This guy gets it
The katana is superior to the spear
But shitters somehow think the spear is better
>>
>>336447116
where is the first boss?
>>
>>336447151
In your mothers vagina.
>>
>>336447151
In a place where your shitty skills wont get you to
>>
>>336447197
>>336447202
hahahaha xD so troll XD
kys
>>
>>336447151
he's on a boat just outside the burning fishing village
>>
>>336446821
List it them
Only characteristics inherent to the souls series
So shit like stamina bar dont count
>>
Which Yoki did you have the most trouble with? The ones with two daggers wrecked my shit. Single dagger and axe weren't too bad.
>>
>>336447072
ninjutsu is even more OP when you use the fire shurikens because those things destroy yokai fucking shits and if used properly can pretty much break nue's stamina instantly
>>
>>336447151
In a boat after the village.
I downloaded Nioh this sunday and the gameplay finally clicked with me on monday. So yesterday, i got to the boat.

Shit's briddy gud, I like it a lot.
>>
>>336447330
All these games, they are monster hunter clones.
>>
>>336445660
Do you get anything for beating the second level? I haven't managed it yet because I picked it up late.

I'm really enjoying it though.
>>
>>336447447
which was a phantasy star online clone kek
>>
>>336447495
Second level's just for fun.
>>
>>336447495
nah you only get a really ridiculous sword for beating the second stage, that has like 400+ damage
>>
I've made it to the Nue but I can't beat it at all.

Oh well, I had a lot of fun getting here. Good game.
>>
>>336446837
You should try exploring that place you've never been... do you really need to be told that?
>>
>>336447582
use the water shark imbue and when he does the attack where he falls on his side, activate it and spam attacks with mid katana and it stunlocks him for at least half his hp, and some people have killed him from full health as well using this method

If you are having trouble, just run around til he does that attack and only attack him then, it will take a long time, but he isn't that danagerous outside of his lightning bolt attack which is easily avoided
>>
My only concern is that it's mission-structured game. I hope Nioh won't use hunting games missions as an example. If each mission will use different map (an actual map, not cloned one with different enemy placement) and there will be like 20 or more of them, then I'll probably like it. Everything else from demo is GOTY.
>>
Is there going to be pvp and such in the main game? Are you going to eventually unlock every skill or is there a soft/hard cap on levelling?

Probably my only big gripe right now is that things break a little too quickly. There's also not enough variety but it is an alpha demo so that's not really worth noting at the moment.
>>
>>336446396
Its origins are all from Shadow Tower/Kings field
>>
>>336447751
yeah its mission structured but it looks like you can go back to the stages as well, its probably more like megaman where each stage is different and has its own boss
>>
>>336447815
At TGS, they said you'd be able to "meddle with the worlds of other players", which was mentioned independently of the revenant mechanic, so I took that to mean that invasions would be there.
>>
>>336447820
the second shadow tower for the soul stuff and kings field for the methodical gameplay and atmosphere, as well as reusing lots of lore from kings field like seath and moonlight sword, kalameet is more or less the final boss of kings field 2, just has a different name but looks like a PS1 version of him

Honestly I think kings field 2 is froms magnum opus, and its not nostalgia cause i played that shit for the first time like 3 years ago
>>
>>336447884
Good to know. I'm really interested to see how pvp plays out with this system.

I've been enjoying this demo a lot more than DaS3 so far. I think I'm just burnt out on DaS, it's gotten kind of stale for me.
>>
>>336448026
That's understandable. I really do hope that From give the whole Souls-style a rest for a while, I really enjoyed DaS 3, but wasn't really sorry when I got to the end of it.

Here's hoping those two SCEJ projects are actually something new and fresh and not just more not-Souls.
>>
>>336448264
yeah I think they want to rest the IP at the very least, though I do think they will revisit it again in the next 5 years
>>
File: 20160503012355.jpg (136 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160503012355.jpg
136 KB, 1920x1080
>>336445660
>You think it's got what it takes to stand beside souls when it releases?

No. It doesn't stand a chance in hell. Partly because it's just not as good, but mostly because it's so mechanically deep and has a ton of different systems that's too confusing for most people.

Souls games were hard, but simple to understand. Here's a character, here's some equipment to pick up, here's a way to upgrade your character and weapon. Off you go.

Nioh goes way beyond that though. Stances, Skill Trees, that fucking equipment system with armor degredation, Guardian Spirits, Skill Customization, Ki management and having to press R1 at the end of every combo. All that on top of everything that people have to put up with in Souls.

Couple that with a game that's far more punishing that anything you've found in Soulsborne with lengthy backtracks upon death, poor shortcut placement, more ganksquads that DaS2 and enemies that track you a quite bit further than the Souls series and you have something that's more frustrating than fun for most players.

I think it'll find its audience. I think the audience has already shown that they'll defend it with their dying breath and barrage you with even more "git gud" than the Souls community. I think they're already proving annoying as fuck as you can't make a Dark Souls thread without some random gluesniffer telling you that you should be playing Nioh whilst screaming "never ever." I just think it's never going to appeal to anything more than a niche sect of gamers. I don't think it'll have the same impact that Demon's Souls had all those years ago.

Shame too, because until the demo, I was buying it day one. I even suffered through the fucking demo all the way up to Nue before giving up because I was not having fun.

Got my mark though.
>>
>>336447815
well I'm assuming you will be able to buy more than just blessings with all that money you couldn't spend in the demo, so you can probably just buy the whetstone / glue in the main game, making the gear degeneration less of an issue if they don't slow down the rate it decays.

I'm sure the stats will have diminished returns, but even when I was using the little cyclop nigga exploit to get 9 mil amrita and level I didn't hit any soft cap that I could tell, much less a hard cap, but my stats were kinda spread thin and most only got to 20+ before I got tired of grinding levels
>>
It lacks build variety compared to souls games.
I hope they will polish it more in the final product.
>>
Controls like a piece of shit and the camera manages to be more fucked up than Souls.
>>
>>336448582
>"conquered" little shit thinks hes a conqueror because he got the mark
Once a conquered, always a conquered
Go play your baby game, casual souls
>>
>>336448582

>Couple that with a game that's far more punishing that anything you've found in Soulsborne with lengthy backtracks upon death

Complete bullshit. The first shortcut in Boletaria Palace was further away than any shortcut in Nioh.
>>
Even after i beat the first boss i still cant handle the duel blade oni yokai shitter whos somewhere in the burning fishing village.
>>
>>336448684
>it lacks build variety

>stances for each weapon+ninjutsu+magic+ranged weapon
>it lacks build variety
>>
I've literally never been so angry at a singleplayer game in a long, long time. I'm in the burning village area and I just put the game down for now. I've only had it for two days, really stupid that it's a timed demo. Can anyone tell me if I'm close to the boss or still very far off? I just couldn't beat the big oni in the village and I've been getting killed by the samurai + fire archer on my way there multiple times. Standard enmies hit fucking hard in this game.
>>
>>336449034
First level is kind of a brick wall because you lack armor. You can avoid the Oni completely though, get on the roofs and work your way around, eventually you'll kick down a ladder, and later get onto the beach so you can open the gate right next to the Shrine. Boss is in the boat out on the beach.
>>
>>336449034
>dieing at the village
Kek
Let me guess, you are rushing like a retard
>>
>>336448827
They're pretty tough. I beat most of those demons by just using the mid stance katana thrust.

The difficulty ramps up in the next stage too.
>>
File: 1460150451018.gif (2 MB, 600x328) Image search: [Google]
1460150451018.gif
2 MB, 600x328
Weapon and main stance, go.

High Stance Axe reporting in.
>>
>>336449176
Mid stance katana folded 467 times
>>
>>336449034
yeah the boss is just outside the village on a boat, but if you are struggling with the normal enemies and yokai guys the first boss is going to violently rape you, he has massive range attacks and the fight happens in a small area

Be patient with enemies and learn how to avoid their easily telegraphed attacks, especially when it comes to the yokai and the git gud will come to you quickly and you will be dancing around those faggots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPmUPfN33a8

watch at 2x speed for max keks
>>
>>336449141
Thanks for the help.
>avoid the Oni completely
Man, I don't really like doing that but I guess I'll have to if I want to make it to the boss in time.
>>
>>336449034
You can avoid most of them. There's one on a roof I think you have to fight but he's not too bad. If your finding it hard just chip away at then with thrust attacks and play it safe. It's scummy but it works.

Remember that blocking is a lot more effective than you'd think too. Your katana had been folded so many times you can defy the laws physics. Definitely will help you with the boss.
>>
>>336449176
Mid stance katana switching in to high stance at times for damage. I sometimes like to end with a high stance heavy.
>>
>>336449034
You only have to fight one yokai in the village
If you are fighting more you are either a shitter or like challenges
>>
>>336446664
>Still playing Dark Souls 3

How are people still playing dark souls 3? I beat the game ones and there's no reason to do it again or do pvp since it's fucked.

Why didn't dark souls 3 make me replay that bitch 7 times like Bloodborne did. Nosonypony, just stating what happened. I had to drag myself through the end of dark souls 3.
>>
>>336445660
I enjoyed it a lot, definitely looking forward to the final release. I'm afraid that it may be shitsmeared by the soulfgas though.
>>
>>336449176
Mid-stance Spear with High-stance finishes.
>>
>>336449272
There's no incentive for clearing enemies, especially with how long cleverly killing them can take. Until you get leet gear you won't be wiping up scrub enemies so it's best to play smart.
>>
>demo is ending
>got the Mark of the Conqueror yesterday
>just cleared the 2nd demo stage
>tfw there are still Conquered scrubs who are still unable to clear the first demo stage

Feels good to be a Conqueror man
>>
>>336449493
To be fair the difficulty curve is a bit odd. It starts off as a cliff face and than slowly curves downward. Spikes a little on the second level but I don't think it's ever as hard as the beginning when you have no gear and no skills.
>>
>>336449373
Havent you been in all the other threads so far? They already started.
>>
File: 1373796291037.jpg (78 KB, 298x310) Image search: [Google]
1373796291037.jpg
78 KB, 298x310
I'm really bad at it.
>>
>>336449595
getting better at the game has as much impact as it does in souls games though, when i replayed the demo I shit all over the early part of the game just by knowing how to actually play and fight the enemies, its only really bad that first time when you dont know shit and dont know that enemies will straight one shot you right at the start
>>
>>336449276
Thanks, that's actually kinda what put me off. I instinctively looked for a shield or something similar at first and I'm rarely using L1 as it is. You'd think you'd take massive damage if you tried to block with a sword. I'll give it a go again later, thanks. I just wished I had some more time to fully enjoy it, I too have been busy with DaS3.
>>336449356
pvp is not fucked completely, just use red soapstones for pvp instead of red eye orbs. put your sign down outside the sulyvahn bonfire and you will find matches within seconds. If it's a fight club or they're using estus, just use the disconnect stone and try again.
>>
File: 1462149485602.jpg (16 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1462149485602.jpg
16 KB, 300x225
>there are going to be people in the future playing Nioh who have no idea what it feels like to be a conquerer
>there are people who played the Nioh demo who aren't conquerers
>>
File: 1452366039659.jpg (12 KB, 211x212) Image search: [Google]
1452366039659.jpg
12 KB, 211x212
>>336449770
>tfw you don't get the Conquerer of Conquerers reward for beating Nue
>>
File: why.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>tfw been taking care of a hella sick gf so haven't had time to play
why did I fall for the gf meme
>>
>>336450083
Leave her you pussywhipped beta shit.
>>
I'll get it when it comes to PC.

I have a PS4, but being forced to choose between 1080p and 60FPS shits me something fierce.
>>
File: 1438798496671.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1438798496671.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>336449176
Mid Katana sweet parry ki pulse shift into high stance I'm gonna slice you in two ki pulse cancel into now I'm motivated iai stance slash
>>
Are you serious? Verizon Fios internet got bought out in my state by some shit Frontier company and it kept disconnecting after every minute since Nioh had to be played online

Fuck this nigger shit
>>
I'd love to get my mark, but I can't seem to conquer my shitty internet.
>>
Is it possible to swap the X and O buttons? So I can dodge with O button like in real Souls games
>>
>>336449212
Mid stance katana folded 468 times
>>
How much more content is there besides the first mission? Already got Mark of the Conqueror. Should I try to finish it?
>>
File: it can't be helped.jpg (500 KB, 1600x1120) Image search: [Google]
it can't be helped.jpg
500 KB, 1600x1120
>>336450275
FPS still drops anyways

>>336450615
A 2nd level with more youkai and a new human enemy type. Might as well experience it.
>>
>>336450615

There's a second mission that's shorter but way harder. Try it out.
>>
>>336450615
There's an entire second stage, do it.
>>
File: 4789326978342_0~2.jpg (62 KB, 826x811) Image search: [Google]
4789326978342_0~2.jpg
62 KB, 826x811
>>336449176
Low stance axe

Throwing enemies around is really satisfying.
>>
Way better than I expected. Will definitely buy it Day 1. I hope you all did the survey and told them to improve the netcode.
>>
>>336445660

Way too complicated for the sake of being difficult. I will stick to Dark Souls 3. Much better. Not even the biggest Dark Souls youtubers liked it so that should tell you a lot about this game.
>>
>>336445660
Its a ton harder than souls and BB.
I don't think its as snappy and as satisfying but then it's only a demo.
>>
>>336451326
well yeah its still more of a ninja gaiden game than a souls game when it comes to its combat, of course people think its too hard

souls games are insanely simple and bare bones in the combat department, there are no mechanics to learn outside of weapon movelists and most people just walk around spamming R1 anyway.

You throw anything with real mechanics at souls faggots and its either "fake difficulty" or "no one likes that shit anyway" kek
>>
File: hawk god.jpg (178 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hawk god.jpg
178 KB, 1920x1080
D A I B A
W
A
S
H
I
>>
>>336451643
ISONADE
S
O
N
A
D
E
>>
>>336451326
ENB didn't like it at first, but warmed up to it later on, but said he thought it would work better as a straight forward action game than a ARPG. Vaati won't touch it, since the style of storytelling isn't vague enough for him to be able to make Patreon money from presenting fan theories off 4chan, reddit and fanforums as his own. Oroboro and OnlyFaggot hasn't even mentioned it at all, I don't think. Kellogg streamed her playthrough of it and said she really enjoyed it.

Who else is there?
>>
>>336445660
should i get this for pc or ps4?
>>
>>336450083
>hella
Fuck off Chloe
>>
Is the full version going to fix the framerate issues? Letting people turn down the grafix a bit for better FPS is great but not when the framerate is this inconsistent. Seemed like fun but I didn't really play much of it because of that.
>>
>>336450982
Where's the survey? It didn't give me one.
>>
>>336451940
It only had framerate issues around the fire areas that I can recall, and if it was dipping anywhere else i didn't notice it much, but I do hope they fix the inconsistencies either way, still its a far cry from the shitfest framerate issues that FFXV demo had
>>
>>336452005
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/nioh_us
>>
>>336452005
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/nioh_us
>>
>>336451326
>dark souls 3 youtubers
Who the fuck cares. Dark Souls is a good game series but it's not the be all and end all. I certainly don't care what the people who harmed the series they love by starting the "dark souls is hard" meme.
>>
>>336451326
>dark souls 3 youtubers
Who the fuck cares. Dark Souls is a good game series but it's not the be all and end all. I certainly don't care what the people who harmed the series they love by starting the "dark souls is hard" meme. The Souls community is by far it's biggest enemy.
>>
>>336451940
It's entirely possible it will. I only noticed really bad dips in one or two areas which could easily have the same or a similar cause.
>>
>>336451326
who gives a shit about the souls streaming community, most of those pussies couldn't beat a dmc game on any difficulty at all, souls games are far overblown when it comes to opinions on its difficulty, I feel like everyday scrubs like to think because they beat souls games they are good gamers or some shit

Souls is a pretty great series, but people just want to talk about it like its some big deal to beat them for gamer cred
>>
>Back then
>Demos were often levels properly made to showcase the entire game. In some cases, you could play the demo itself for weeks or more, like in the case of unreal tournament which had all weapons, vehichles and a couple of maps
>Demos today don't exist. And when they are there, they are on a fucking timer
Fuck
>>
>got around to beating boat boss for mark of the conqueror
>go to redeem
>realize I've been using my US account on the AUS demo
>can't get code
Fuck. Whoops.
Well, I'm not redoing the demo. Have no idea why I didn't just play it in my Aus account, seeing as I'd be buying it retail here when it comes out anyway. Guess I just got used to using it for other games, especially on my vita.

Probably not a big deal, but I should've known better.
>>
>>336452626
its because it was a beta type testing period too cause it had online features, I agree the demo shouldn't have been on a timer, they shoulda just had the online stuff on a timer and the mark of the conqueror on a timer, the rest of it should still be playable
>>
>>336452626
Demi's have been replaced with """"""""betas""""""" now and often you need to get selected/given a code or preorder to access it
>>
>try to play demo but the framerate makes me sick
hope they fix this for the full release
>>
>>336452797

Change to action mode. It still has drops but is noticeably better than movie mode.
>>
>>336452886
how do I do this? I want to finish the demo before time is up
>>
>>336452950
I think its the first thing under options
>>
>>336448582
How do u view my add-ons?
>>
>>336452950

Main menu options and game mode.
>>
No pvp no buy.
>>
>>336453291
Go into your library and it should be listed under the demo's entry.

>>336454080
M'lady.
>>
>>336454139
its not listed in my library though I did get an email saying i purchased it kek
>>
>>336454203
It's under your services list. Same place in your account info where season passes are put.
>>
>>336453103
>>336453598
well did it and the framerate is better but its still shit. going to have to wait on the final release to see if they fix this otherwise I am giving it a pass.
Really this makes me upset
>>
>>336445660
loved every second of it.
been a long time since i had this much fun in a game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWsuxO-A36o
>>
>>336454573
idk my dude, I mean yeah it has its hiccups but with action mode on the game was super playable to me, maybe its been decades since you last played a non constant 60 fps game.
>>
>>336454810
>maybe its been decades since you last played a non constant 60 fps game.
This is true I mostly play on pc. I really only bought a ps4 for my weaboo games like Disgaea 5
>>
>>336454573

In the alpha demo the burning village has a lot of framerate drops but in the tgs trailer the same area runs smooth. I think this build is really old.
>>
man the real question at the end of the day: is nioh going to have the kind of gameplay that is worthy of webm spamming, cause honestly i enjoy the stupid bullshit and memes more than the souls games themselves nowadays
>>
FINALLY GOT THE MARK BABY. This game is so gear dependent. I only pumped body is op.
>>
I'm not gonna buy the game. The loot system is hot garbage, the levels being seperate places instead of a connected world seems meh and the bosses were disappointing as hell. Maybe once it's on sale or something.
>>
Little tip, if you want the best sword BEFORE you fight the second boss, look for revenants in the second area and find one at a high level, with the little double sword symbol, that means they've got it and are replaying it, kill them and get early access to the best sword in the demo : D
>>
>>336456126
well demons souls and dark souls 2 also used the seperated level shit, I've honestly got no problem with it being level/mission oriented if it lets me go back to them, which according to the demo, it does
>>
>>336456386
Second boss is ridiculously easy though because it's weakpoint is the face.

Literally hitting it with fast stance anything breaks all of its stamina
>>
I really don't like the gear system. Having weapons degrade, but also having your skill points revolve around certain weapon types, just sucks.

I was barely finding katanas, which meant I was fucking terrible at combat half the time, because my weapons were half broken, and I had no skill in axes or spears.
>>
>>336446979
The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>336456386
Worth noting that the version you get by doing that will be weaker than the one you get for actually completing it yourself. But it'll be more than powerful enough to work until you get your "official" copy.
>>
>>336457027
I second that. Gear breaks insanely fast to the point that as soon as I saw the icon for broken armor I would just interchange it for whatever, because I would have to replace it in 5 mintues again anyway. I didn't have enough time to sufficiently become familiar with Nioh's mechanics, I just wanted to get a quick impression what it's like. Too bad that the demo is on a timer, I would have loved to have more time to get into it.
>>
File: topkek.jpg (24 KB, 446x500) Image search: [Google]
topkek.jpg
24 KB, 446x500
>>336451819
>nioh
>on pc
>>
>>336452027
I noticed that the enemies in the distance running towards were going at really low frame rates. Hope they fix that.
>>
>>336445660
i'll try to get the dlc today, i had a lot of shit to do last week, fuck me
>>
File: 1454446492306.jpg (60 KB, 504x284) Image search: [Google]
1454446492306.jpg
60 KB, 504x284
I can't git gud
>>
>>336458614
You've had since the 26th to play it. Thats more than enough time for the 2 levels that it has.
>>
>>336445660
>timed demo
Fuck, I thought it's only for that Conqueror Pass thingy. Then again I should've expected it
>>
>>336445660
It's far too obtuse for its complexity, and that's going to cause terrible first impressions and absolutely slaughter its sales in comparison to the Souls series.

It's a fun game, though I do worry build variety and tactics won't progress much through the game.

It's also rather easy once you actually understand all the systems, and being able to put bosses into hitstun by draining their ki makes Onryoki and Nue trivial.

Having one stat massivel boost both ki AND katana scaling was silly.
>>
>>336457027
>>336458614
If you were low on any item or weapon at all then you were likely still at the first shrine in level 1. Oni and the stronger human enemies drop weapons like crazy.
>>
The real Nioh starts here.
>>
>>336459904
>a whole year of spamming webms like this awaits us

can't wait
>>
File: SUGOI DESU NE.png (244 KB, 1213x685) Image search: [Google]
SUGOI DESU NE.png
244 KB, 1213x685
>>336445796

>mfw seeing Raiken for the first time

For how dirty and dingy 1600 demon-infested Japan is, Raiken and the Kodama are super fucking cute.
>>
>>336459610

>It's far too obtuse for its complexity, and that's going to cause terrible first impressions

Isn't that why Dark Souls got popular in the first place?
>>
>>336460165
Dark Souls combat is nowhere near as complex or demanding. Dark Souls is obtuse in how its laid out and its story and lore, its combat is incredibly simple and easy to grasp.
>>
Making a nioh build in dark souls 3 to make up for the loss of the demo.

Not sure which katana to use...
>>
>>336448582
shut up faggot nioh is a new take on stamina based combat, fuck you are your casual ass
>>
>>336459747
Yes, I know. My complaint is not that I don't have any gear, it's that I constantly need to replace them because they break every 5 minutes.
>>
>>336460321

But this wasn't really all that demanding, either.

>Hold down block
>Learn parry timing if you're using katana or learn attack animations so you know when you have time to respond
>Wail on enemy until they are dead

Granted, the oni are a little more complicated- I'm still not exactly sure what indicates when they'll be staggered- but you don't even encounter the cyclopses until the last half of the second stage.
>>
>>336460598
>I'm still not exactly sure what indicates when they'll be staggered
If their stamina bar is drained.
>>
>>336460648

But getting them to that point seems random. I know I can stagger cyclopses when I attack after they do a body slam, but it doesn't always stagger them. Same with the regular oni draining their stamina.

I'm sure it's just a matter of getting better at recognizing how it triggers, same with dispersing demon fog with the ki pulses.
>>
>>336460801
Kicks are generally the best way to do it. Hitting an Oni in the horn also takes a big chunk out of both health and stamina.
>>
>>336448582

>Nioh goes way beyond that though. Stances, Skill Trees, that fucking equipment system with armor degredation, Guardian Spirits, Skill Customization, Ki management and having to press R1 at the end of every combo.

That's like saying the ONLY way to play games like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta is perfectly. I'm pretty sure that, save for changing equipment, you can ignore stances, skills, guardian spirits, and ki pulsing and still at the very least make it to the boss.

All that extra shit just makes the ride more enjoyable, and it really isn't that complex, either. The game just needs a better tutorial or reliable source for people who want to learn.
>>
>>336445660
what's the level cap
>>
>>336446282
It feels like a Souls game? It's not really about the feature set. Its about how the game plays, how the level design is set up, how the enemy encounters feel, etc.
>>
>>336446396
corpse run isn't souls either
>>
>>336449276
you can avoid all of them
>>
>>336460598
It is more demanding than Souls games, and more importantly it is FAR more complex.

In the Souls games as soon as you grasp stamina use and R1/R2 you're good to go. In Nioh you've got to learn:
-stance changes
-ki pulse
-grapple
-the differences in dodging in different stances
-how the diablo-style loot system works
-what a guardian spirit is
-enemy ki use
before you're ready to start improving

There's just too many mechanics for the game to be this obtuse. It needs a robust tutorial.
>>
>>336450346
low katana square, back step, high stance triangle
>>
>>336461108
I have no idea how you think someone is going to beat a ninja oni without Ki pulse
>>
>>336461858
I did, I didn't even know how to work the Ki Pulse properly until well into the second stage
>>
>>336461976
what, did you just grind like crazy?
>>
>>336462013
Nope, I just played reasonably conservatively.
>>
>>336457027
gitgud
>>
>>336445660
When is this coming out?????????

Also got anymore Nioh webms?
>>
>>336462493
TBA 2016 officially; though a few retailers have got it pegged for late October, but don't take thatr as gospel, obviously.
>>
>>336461835
testing on revenents
after mid instant block parry, high triangle that guard crushes, ground stab, high triangle, mid square
>>
stop shilling already
>>
>>336462649
cry more pcuck
>>
>>336446821
it knows that it's a souls clones and its fine to be that. hell its more like a fucking homage, seeing as they even have literal bonfires in the game. its not saying its original or anything. personally I'm glad to have it.
>>
File: N7eKAYa.png (19 KB, 191x196) Image search: [Google]
N7eKAYa.png
19 KB, 191x196
>trying to clear the first level before the end of the day

Finally got to the boat but haven't boarded it yet. Killed the ninja Oni and got a harakiri sword. Does this thing have any use?
>>
>>336464028
Commit sudoku and return to shrine
>>
>>336464103

So it's just an alternative to dying like a bitch?
>>
>>336464197
You don't lose your guardian spirit meter, I think that's the only advantage.
>>
>You think it's got what it takes to stand beside souls when it releases?

Christ, watching these two fanbases shit all over each other is going to make either franchise utterly unbearable on here

You fucks would rather shitpost than actually play the goddamn game
>>
File: Bugs of justice.jpg (196 KB, 801x1003) Image search: [Google]
Bugs of justice.jpg
196 KB, 801x1003
Reminder to do the survey and ask for a equipment slot dedicated to capes, scarfs and the like.
>>
>>336466721
>requesting more equipment bloat
there is more than enough shit to sort through as it is
>>
>>336447072
>hammer and axe
>not using both on the boss
Get a load of this shitter
I bet you don't even spin to win
>>
>>336452626
To be fair this demo is two full levels that give a perfect peak at level scaling loot combat and basically every mechanic in this game and whether you want to buy it.
>>
I only got to start it last night, hopefully I can complete it today. I like it but it's kicking my ass horribly.
>>
>>336464028
Useful for coop to repent for your hosts death and regain your honor
>>
>>336467349
It takes about 4-6 hours to do fully, depending on how good you are and how thorough you are in exploring.
>>
File: 1421927873298.jpg (29 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
1421927873298.jpg
29 KB, 500x394
Well, as of five minutes ago, I'm a Conqueror too. Glad I got there in time. Brief thoughts:

Firstly, Jesus Christ the equipment degradation is insane. It's WAY too fast. I get that they want you to frequently switch equipment but I got attached to mine since I managed to accidentally assemble a full set of the same armor, but my pants kept exploding mid-fight and I ran out of glue.

We need a 'sell all non-equipped items' in the shrine. Really badly.

Travel Amulets don't work in the boss fight - why? That's literally the only purpose for Homeward Bones. I had almost 20,000 souls stocked up on my grave by the time I beat the boss, but I couldn't actually use them.

The animal spirit mode is REALLY overpowered. If it JUST made you invincible, or JUST gave you a damage buff, it'd be alright. But both? And it lasts a really long time, too. Feels like I didn't earn the win when I broke the glass, turned invincible, and tore away a third of the boss' healthbar in a few seconds to pick up the kill.

Other than that it's a really cool game. I knew absolutely nothing about Nioh a week ago (even what genre it was) so I'm pleasantly surprised. And I'm eagerly awaiting the massive amounts of elitism and shitflinging between Conquerors and Conquered come release
>>
>>336445660

I really liked it. It has a couple janky things, like the cap on consumables like whet stones, no apparent use for money, enemies not taking damage from stage hazards, etc.

But I like the combat more than souls, it feel so amazing. Definitely buying.
>>
>>336467978
>no apparent use for money

A blacksmith is mentioned a couple of times, so presumably that's where most of your money'll be going in the final version.
>>
just found out about this today. how long does it take to finish the demo? does it finish on american time?
>>
>>336467764
>We need a 'sell all non-equipped items' in the shrine. Really badly.
Press the touchpad and have it check all.
>>
Probably a new favorite game for me
My last or other favorite was demon's/dark/borne
I dont like any other games, well come casual shit like pokemon shuffle on 3ds and pokemon picross fun time wasters
>>
>>336468092
pls respond, wanna know if its worth getting it as it runs out today
>>
Where is the survey? I'd like to give some legit feedback
>>
>>336468280
>if its worth getting
it's fucking free just download it and play
>>
>>336468280
Well you only have to beat the first stage to get a unlockable for when the game releases. Probably takes about 3 hours if you're competent
>>
>>336445660
wait last day as in to play it at all or just to download it?
>>
>>336445660
I've probably spent 25 hours on the first shrine, grinding but now I think I'm about to beat the demo, day one buy from me.
>>
>>336468432
It's gone forever come may 5th. It will not be playable
>>
>>336468432
No, last day to play it. It's required to be always-online, and KT are yanking the server after the 5th, so you won't be able to get past the title screen anymore.
>>
How the heck do you beat ball and chain man
>>
Much more difficult than Souls hands down, and the combat is more interesting too. The game just needs a fleshed out tutorial.
>>
>>336468092

If you're playing through it the first time expect 4 hours minimum to clear the first level (which is all you need to do to get the DLC). You're going to die a lot because the game has several weird systems and even the most basic generic enemies can one shot you (if they land a heavy strike on your back). There's a second level too, but I dunno how long that one is since I never played it. Probably shorter since you'll be used to the game.

It's definitely worth it though.
>>
>>336468590
there is seriously no trick to it. Hit him, don't get hit by him. He is literally just big dude with big attacks. Make sure you use your broken as fuck spirit animal
>>
>>336468757
The 2nd level in general is much shorter, yes, but has more difficult enemies.
>>
I really enjoyed it. I didn't really play with the skills besides the basics or touch any of the ninja stuff.

Any word on a release date?
>>
>>336468590
I just used the spirit transformation to blow past his first phase. His second phase is easy in comparison because he doesn't have that spinning move bullshit.
>>
>>336468519
>>336468521
shit. i should've played it more.
>>
>>336468590
Stick to his sides/back, other than his grab. all his close range attacks are either easy to dodge, blockable, or do relatively little damage.
>>
>>336468590

Dodge his overhead attacks, they're easy. Always ki-pulse after your swings, and be ready to block if he prepares a horizontal swing. You won't take damage because blocking is fucking insane in this game, don't worry.

When he enters his second phase, just keep out of his way and go for single attacks. For the love of God, don't get grabbed. If you see him moving towards one of the balls to throw it at you, that's your free pass to get a couple shots in while he walks - but be ready to dodge the throw!

When his health drops low enough, hit circle+triangle and mash until he's dead. Like any Souls boss, just play carefully, figure out his ranges, and use safe attacks.
>>
it was okay. honestly I don't like throwing around 'this game ripped off Souls' but it's so blatant here it's not even funny. really would've preferred something more similar to Ninja Gaiden or something

gameplay feels unrefined and fighting more than one enemy is so poorly designed.

>run around in circles and wait for enemy to whiff move and slash them once and then continue running in circles
>can't do anything else because if you get hit you'll get staggered and then immediately die
>>
>Weapons break too fast
>Equipment durability doesn't reset when you rest at a shrine
>No shop keeper for me to repair my shit, which would frankly fix all of this.
>Riposte damage is miniscule at best.
>A bunch of stats on ever piece of gear that no one will ever care about.
>Have to play as a white guy

I hope they address these issues, otherwise it was a pretty fun game. Just needs some tweaking
>>
>>336469267
>soulsbaby actually plays a competently designed game and cries
>>
File: Nioh.png (471 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
Nioh.png
471 KB, 480x600
>>336468912
Just 2016 officially, so presumably a release date will be given at E3. A few stores in Europe put it up for pre-order a couple of weeks ago and they all listed it for release on October 28, but obviously don't take that as being 100% right.
>>
>>336469267
As you get further in you find more glue/whetstones and enemies seem to drop more, so I never really found the degradation aspect to be too much. They break down fast but its easy enough to repair them unless you're grinding the same set of enemies over and over and over before progressing.
>>
>>336469267

Just use whetstones. They drop like crazy if you're at all competent, and you get tons of duplicate weapons so you can treat them as disposable tools.
>>
File: 1320367351240.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1320367351240.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
Looks like a chinese f2p dark souls rip off.
Can you buy kitten helmets and all that shit?
It looks like it has artificial difficulty and artificial fun
>>
>>336469267
>Weapons break too fast
You can clear a whole level with 2 weapons without needing to repair them.
>Equipment durability doesn't reset when you rest at a shrine
Why should it? It would make the whole repair system obsolete.
>No shop keeper for me to repair my shit, which would frankly fix all of this.
There's money in the game but no real use for it now. There'll probably be some kind of shop where you can buy stuff with it in the hometown or something like that.
>Riposte damage is miniscule at best.
Most of the time it puts you in a great position where you can hit them with a full combo
>A bunch of stats on ever piece of gear that no one will ever care about.
Which means you won't have to grind for best enchants on gear.
>Have to play as a white guy
It looks like there's a character selection when you pick a level, maybe there's more playable characters in the full game.
>>
>>336469058
that greentexting can apply to every souls game ever made, not even kidding.

On topic:

i personally feel it's clearly taking from souls games in several ways, but it does enough with it to stand on its own. It needs tweaking, but i wouldn't change the fundamental workings. The loot system isn't BAD, but what drops should definetly be tweaked to avoid the "lvl 8 thing being better than lvl 10 thing because reasons" problem.
>>
>>336469267
well the white guy is based on an actual historical white samurai, and the game had been in dev hell for what has to be 20+ years, because akira kurosawa was working on its script in its infancy and he has been dead for a long ass time
>>
>>336469734
He wrote a script for a thing but the actual game didn't start development until 2004 when it was going to be more like Dynasty Warriors.
>>
>>336469734
I dont care if there was a historical white samurai. Making me play as a white guy in an oriental fantasy game is just plain dumb. It just screams of "The west wont buy our game unless we pander to them"
>>
>>336469935
lol fuck off weaboo
>>
>>336469267
There is a kodama that increases whetstone and glue drops
Of course it doesn't automatically reset, what baby game does that?
Demo man, given there is money, and how little the ninjutsu/omnyo costs, it's a given there will be some type of merchant
Riposte isn't ment as a ohko like it is in Souls, it is an opener for additional attacks
You are most likely going to need to spec out differently for playstyles and bosses, I'd rather have more "useless" stats instead of going ultra casual attack/defense only.
I agree with you here, I'd rather have a create-a-character then a set protagonist
>>
>>336469935
Since when does Team Ninja give a shit about what western audiences want?
>>
>>336469734
The Oni script wasn't something that he was working on right when he died; he'd worked on rough drafts on and off since the late '80s and it'd been put on the backburner for quite a while when he died. His son apparently liked it enough to finish it up himself though, and presented it to Koei in the early 2000s, with Kou Shibusawa helping him hammer it out a bit more to make it more videogame-y.

>>336469851
The original game was a weird mash-up of Mosou and SPRG that was scrapped when Koei couldn't figure out how to make it gel properly. It was handed off a few years later to Team Ninja after the KT merger, but their initial version was scrapped when it was deemed by Shibusawa to be too similar to Ninja Gaiden.
>>
>>336469005

>blocking

Given how much I've been using it in the regular game I'm ashamed to have forgotten to use it in the boss fight.
>>
>>336447072
Ninjutsu isn't the isn't the elemental charms and Yokai realm defense stuff.
That's Onmyoji magic.

Ninjutsu is just a poison bombs and shurikens
Which ain't super great. but is good for removing the need for rocks and shit.
>>
>>336447072
I don't think Hammer and Axe are different.
>>
The final release needs quite a few balance changes
The balance in the demo is alright, but only because you level up way too fast and find really good equipment way too easy.
I doubt you'll level up that fast and find shit that good in the final game. And i highly doubt the full game will just be 2-3 zombie katana man and maybe an oni eery now and then, which is what people always forget.
It works for the demo, but in the full game you probably need way more amrita and it's harder to find good equipment and there'll most likely be more then 4-5 enemies at a time with faster and stronger enemies than the demo.
But if they keep the same amrita and equip drop rate then the game will be piss easy since you get the best armor and weapons 20 minutes into the game.
>>
>>336470098
Since Nioh evidently.
>>
>>336470678
The exploding shuriken wreck shit really hard
>>
The protagonist is half white/half japanese
and is based historically on this person
Fuck off you sjw cunts
>>
>>336470760
He's been a whitey ever since Kurosawa started writing the script almost 30 years ago, m8. His sense of self-identity and him questioning his place as a white man in 1600s Japan are big parts of his character.
>>
>>336448582
>Souls games were hard
No, they are not. Souls games just punish stupid and impatient people. as long as you are not being stupid and Leroy Jenkinsing everything you should easily finish the game with average video game skills.

Nioh requires you to learn, be patient, outsmart your enemy and master the stance system to even deal with the first boss. After that it is levels, Equipment, abilities, and Skill that will keep you going.
>>
>>336471051
>Wash up on shore
>Instantly know how jap combat stances, pray to jap shrines

Yeah man I totally got that vibe too
>>
I beat the first boss and got to an area with loads of oni early in the second stage.
Still no clue on:Ki pulse,ninjutsu and magic(is it just skills that give you items?)use for money.
>>
>>336471153
He's a halfu, doggy dog. Son of a samurai and a western woman.
>>
>>336471167
and parry/break
>>
>>336449176
Katana. All of them.
Master of the Demo Katana. All skills acquired.
>>
>>336470772
this
you can easily kill the big guys without going in melee with them
>>
>>336449176
High stance katana mid stance spear
>>
>>336445931
PCuck detected
>>
>>336449176
High stance hammer,love the dunk
>>
>>336470772
So does Kicking the enemy and switching to Low stance once they lose all their Ki.

One of these methods costs resources better used for a tough enemy.
>>
what do you get for completing the demo?
>>
>>336471716
No one knows what the DLC is yet. Probably just a unique set of equipment or a special Kodama or something.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.