[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game supposed to suck so much? I just started,still haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: header.jpg (35 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
35 KB, 460x215
Is this game supposed to suck so much?
I just started,still haven't seen the first boss,but it is already harder then anything in DaS1 and definitely more annoying.
Every NPC I meet tells me I'm shit and I'm going to die,and the best weapon I can have is just a longsword

Is it going to get better?
And is there any greatsword or UGS to get early?
>>
File: gitgud.jpg (171 KB, 976x498) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.jpg
171 KB, 976x498
>>
>>336441328
I felt DS2 to be the hardest
>>
they can say all they want about ds2

but its better than one and demon jizz
>>
>>336441328
It's ok, but definitely not as good as the other games in the series.

You can get an ultra great sword really early, just head to the heide's tower of flame and kill dragon rider boss, then proceed to no man's wharf and it's there in a chest in one of the houses.
>>
File: 1462340264190.jpg (75 KB, 320x233) Image search: [Google]
1462340264190.jpg
75 KB, 320x233
>>336442187
>>
It's not harder, dodging is just retarded in this game. Dodge later than you would if it was ds1 and rolll into attacks

Also there's really obvious and obnoxious ambushes for the first half of the game
>>
>>336441328
>Every NPC I meet tells me I'm shit and I'm going to die,

And they are right, you're shit and you're going to die.
>>
>>336442187
DS2 is the least difficult when you know how to handle the broken machanics (shockwaves, enemy animation errors, adp=iframes etc).
>>
>>336443456
I would rather have them tell me something I don't know.
So far I know there are 4 great souls and king who has gone mad.
And I think I already listened to over 15 minutes of exposition
>>
This is an unpopular opinion, but it is mine: I made it all the way up to Iudex Gundyr, then reached the shrine, killed everyone, then uninstalled.

Why? Because I thought it was extremely boring. Bloodborne was far more engaging.
>>
Raw Longsword carried me through the entire game.

High damage. Staggers almost every enemy. Quick attacks.
>>
>>336444349
>>336444432
DS 2 thread, not DS 3.
>>
>>336441328
>Don't keep attacking enemies after they're dead on PC. 60fps means double durability loss and your weapons will shit the bed.
>Buy stuff that cures poison in bulk. Everything in this game poisons you.
>Invest heavily in ranged options and AOE. This games difficulty is measured not in clever placement or enemy ability but purely in numbers. A vast majority of the enemies and bosses can explode without taking damage.
>DLC areas are all these things x50. Adjust your stock of arrows/cast increasing items accordingly
>Enemies never pull in singles, if you shoot an arrow be ready with your AOE

Yeah, it's probably harder but for all the wrong reasons. The PvP is great but be ready to trudge through some serious shit to get there. Then just enjoy it while it lasts before SM fucks you
>>
>>336445606
>>Invest heavily in ranged options and AOE. This games difficulty is measured not in clever placement or enemy ability but purely in numbers. A vast majority of the enemies and bosses can explode without taking damage.
>>DLC areas are all these things x50. Adjust your stock of arrows/cast increasing items accordingly
>>Enemies never pull in singles, if you shoot an arrow be ready with your AOE

You're literally just bad at the game, seperating enemies is EZ and you have lots of tools to deal with them.
>>
>>336441328
grats you hate das2
you fit in now
>>
>>336445739
Throw a knife at an enemy in a group and let me know how many run at you.

Go ahead, prove me wrong
>>
>>336441328
Longsword is actually top tier in DS2. Won't find a better straight sword until the DLCs.

You can get Old Knight GS from the big bronze-looking knights in Heide. You will end up with a fucking dozen or two GS and UGS by the end don't worry.

Scholar remakes definitely got harder than vanilla DS2.
>>
Buy a mace and make a strength build. The early game is the hardest part. Once you start doing some actual damage and get a shield, it gets a lot easier. A LOT easier. I beat most bosses on my first try
>>
>tfw a common complaint is how mobs are thrown at you
>tfw I literally had no issues with the number of enemies coming at me

/v/ sucks at vidya huh?
>>
>>336441328
>asking for advice about DaS

You disgust me.
>>
>>336446429
I would have no problem with mobs if enemies didn't overlap.
>>
>>336446429
I mean it's so awesome that's you're so good at video games, but when people say that, they usually have a few instances in mind instead of the game as a whole. Shrine of Amana, that one hallway leading up to some boss, etc etc. Scholar is even worse with it, though.
>>
File: 1452883831896.jpg (137 KB, 506x1392) Image search: [Google]
1452883831896.jpg
137 KB, 506x1392
My opinions of DaS2

>rolling is much easier, and equip load is much more friendly
>durability on weapons is rather dumb
>ADP and your chosen stat (dex or str) in equal measure, otherwise your going to have a hard time
>lifegems are your friend
>estus flask is a trap
>Mace or Rapier are the best starting weapons
>soul memory is designed purely to kill fun
>agape ring should be available RIGHT AWAY
>no seriously, fuck that shit, should be in a goddamn chest right next to the fucking fire keeper
>or at least have the goddamn cat sell it
>oh right, fromsoft hates fun
>i forgot
>>
File: araki.jpg (874 KB, 1076x1105) Image search: [Google]
araki.jpg
874 KB, 1076x1105
>>336446495
It's just another "le DaS2 is shit meme" thread.
Half is going to say "I liked DaS2"
The other half is gonna say "It was good but not as good as the first one"
Same thread all day, every day.
>>
>>336446596
I'm aware of the areas people complain about.
>>
It's basically the worse video game in the past 20 years.
>>
>>336446596
>Shrine of Amana
Are you telling me that you can't kill two clerics at the same time?You need to git good.
>>
>>336446429
The problem is that it's the ONLY way game can create any semblance of difficulty.
DS1, BB and DS3 all have individual enemies that can absolutely rape your ass.
DS2 has hilariously badly animated poisetank husks with zero creativity in their attack arsenal instead of opponents most of the time, the only way to make them hard is to throw them on you in large quantities while forcing you to level up a specific stat to just be able to roll away effectively in the already slowest souls game.
>>
Dark 2 was hard, but in the worst of ways.
In Dark Souls a challenge was a big knight or demon in the way. In Dark 2 a challenge is 20 hollows crammed into a small room.
>>
>>336447103
>20 hollows that die from one hit
If this is challenging for you than you need to git good scrub.
>>
>>336442187
You're not wrong. The majority of people who like to pretend Dark Souls 1 is the hardest only think this because they played it first. I also played DS1 first, the only hard bosses are in the DLC.
>>
>>336447103
>cast soul appease
>20 dead hollows in 1 second

ez
>>
File: 1391986475110.png (367 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1391986475110.png
367 KB, 500x500
Lost Sinner can be difficult if you haven't learned by then that the Torch is the most valuable thing in your inventory

Torch in DS3 is unlimited use, with little to no use
>>
Just got to Drangleic Castle, I'm enjoying it a lot.

Feels easier, probably because I played DaS1 before, and because I'm playing an INT/DEX build.

Some enemies fuck with you with their weird timings and there's bigger mobs to fuck you over if you rush like a retard, so I guess it's actually a bit harder. Bosses feel easier though.

Pirated, so not playing online at all, so I dunno about online.

The world not being a single piece anymore was something I didn't even notice until about 20 hours in, but it doesn't ruin anything. It's a fucking beautiful game sometimes, too.

Dunno why you fags hate it so much.

Fuck Alonne Knights with their too-fast-to-parry attacks. Iron Keep is pretty but is kind of a shit area.
Actually all areas are kinda small, but there's lots of them so it's cool.
>>
>>336444767
I came in this thread drunk, the op almost got me too. It'd really odd seeing a DaS2 thread when DaS3 just came out.
>>
File: 1362085384429.gif (2 MB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
1362085384429.gif
2 MB, 300x290
I liked DS2. Only ever played SotFS after patch 1.10 tho. It's a good game.
>>
I'm considering playing Demon's Souls but how are the i-frames in rolls? Are the like DS1 or are they governed by a stat?
>>
>>336446429
>v sucks at vidya huh

youre just figuring that out?
>>
>>336447209
I completed Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls previously and still found Dark Souls 2 (original, no patches) to be the most difficult, especially towards the end. DLC was really tough, too.

I've yet to play Dark Souls 3 as I'm going to wait for all the updates to be released and /v/ already spoiled the ending with the sun melting or whatever. I only made it to the Bloodstarved Demon in Bloodborne with the time I played it.
>>
>>336444432
This but Fire Longsword
>>
>>336447152
>it's easy so it's not badly designed
Also
>die in one hit
What weapon are you starting with that enemies in the forest die in one hit?
>>
>>336447802
don't worry Dark Souls 3 ending literally is rehash of DaS1 ending
>>
Out of the Dark Souls games 2 is probably hardest, but not in good way. Big gank squads of heavily armored hard hitting enemies, along with the wonky hitboxes and tracking attacks and attacks where the tell comes so long before the fast attack that the tell is useless.

3 is hard in lot more fair way. Enemies hit hard and fast, but also usually die fast and stagger easily. And when there is ranged enemies you usually have enough walls and cover for them to not be so annoying.
>>
I'm not finished yet, have 3 great lord souls now, but most bosses in DS2 are so easy or bland. I beat the snake lady in one shot and only used estus once

the best bosses so far were ruin sentinels, belfry gargoyles, lost sinner and smelter demon
>>
>>336448373
Was meant to be reply to >>336447802
>>
>>336447404
>torch in Dark 2
>three puzzles make use of it in the entire game
Wow
>>
>>336448494

Your forgetting the multitude of pitch dark areas that you can't see shit in
>>
>>336447404
>Lost Sinner can be difficult if you haven't learned by then that the Torch is the most valuable thing in your inventory

how so? just stay on top of her and she can't do shit
she's a little too similar to artorias tb
>>
>>336441328
>improved enemy placement
>they just randomly put former bosses where there wasn't anything before

lel
>>
>>336448641

She jumps out of lock and into the dark - that was my experience anyway. Probably would have been more interesting if she used that and came at you from a different angle afterwards, but either way, it presents some interesting difficulty
>>
>>336442187
DaS2 is by far the hardest

especially the DLC areas and bosses on NG+

the fume knight and blue smelter demon on NG+ with the most recent patch is pure suffering

>>336447209
>dlc
>hard bosses

you could cheese manus with any bow. it easy to figure out artorias' attack and movement pattern after a few shots and ruin him with magic/miracles/a crossbow

DaS1 was overall the easiest game and easiest to abuse/break

DeS comes next because the fire bow was OP as all hell

the jury is out on DaS3 becuase its early days yet

DaS2 was hard as balls
>>
>>336449132
>the fume knight and blue smelter demon on NG+ with the most recent patch is pure suffering
I didn't do any of the DLC bonus bosses when I recently played though SotFS.
But fuck running through long enemy gauntlet just to get to a boss that two shots you while taking ten points of damage per hit.
>>
>>336448494
>three puzzles
Usefulness:
*Illuminates the environment, making it easier to see distance objects and enemies.
*Increases lock-on range by around x1.5.
*Light sconces in the environment.
*Dark Stalkers in No-man's Wharf will flee from the player.
*Ignite the oil in the locked rooms before the Lost Sinner's boss room; this illuminates the arena, making locking onto her easier.
*Used to destroy the windmill in Earthen Peak. This will drain many pools of poison from the area, including the one in the boss room.
*Required to light sconces in Dark Chasms of Old.
*Makes it easier to see the start of deep water in Shrine of Amana and platforms in The Pit and The Gutter.

Do you even torch scrub?
>>
>>336450384
>*Increases lock-on range by around x1.5.
This one I didn't know about.
I wonder if that could be useful for magic build where longer range lock on is pretty useful tool unless you are godly at manually aiming shit.
>>
>>336450534
>I wonder if that could be useful for magic build
Is is useful for knives and crossbows, i can tell you that much.So it will be useful for magic too.
>>
>>336450534
You can also hit with it if you really have to.
The elemental damage is not that bad early on.
>27physical/134fire/
>>
>>336448638
>Your forgetting the multitude of pitch dark areas that you can't see shit in
Did we play the same game?
>>
>>336442187
It easily has the most difficult start because you only have 1 estus flask. I'm glad that in DS3 you start with 4, having only 1 was pure asscancer after you ran out of lifegems
>>
What's the best way to actually enjoy myself in this game? Played one character all the way up to the end and started DLC, mained a greatsword, vaguely enjoyed myself. Started another, maining mace and dual caestus, still only vague enjoyment. Are DEX weapons fun? How about spells? Sorc, miracles, pyro, hexes?
>>
>>336451238
I guess you could say you
*puts on shades*
weren't prepared to die
HAHAHA
GET IT IT'S THE MEME
LET'S PUT A DEATH COUNTER IN THE GAME TOO
>>
File: 1432773048645.jpg (198 KB, 794x782) Image search: [Google]
1432773048645.jpg
198 KB, 794x782
>>336451145

I don't know, did you turn your brightness to max like a little bitch?
>>
>>336446656
What's the deal with agape ring? I don't get it
>>
>>336451238
>being this bad at the game
git good
>>
>>336447625
like DS1 but there's only fast and fat
>>
File: O9DCnJn[1].jpg (362 KB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
O9DCnJn[1].jpg
362 KB, 1920x2160
>>336451378
I really didn't need to since every single area was lit up like fucking Garry's Mod.
>>
>>336451414
Twinks use it to twink , co-op bros use it to farm covenants and champions use it to farm monster drops.
>>
>>336451243
play any other souls game
vague enjoyment is the best summary I've heard of what DaS2 is
>>
File: 1461370285971.gif (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461370285971.gif
2 MB, 1280x720
>>336451414

It makes it so you gain no souls, and therefore, your soul memory doesn't go up at all.

That way you can keep getting summoned for boss fight of your choice, instead of falling out of SM range for a particular fight

However, you have to...
>beat last giant
>beat pursuer
>beat sentinels
...in order to get it

And since its really only good for farming sunlight medals, you also have to beat dragonrider and skelly lords as well
>>
Most bosses in 2 can be cheesed with circle strafing
>>
In SotFS the torch actually has it's use, like the basements in Forest of the Fallen Giants are fucking dark, and the Gutter is even darker.
It also has a few neat things tied to it in certain areas.
>>
I played a few hours.

I had fun.

The comment about losing souls made by the old fire keeper crones made me wince, like holy shit poor form, I know these games have a reputation: everyone does. You don't need to cram that ham fist down my throat.

The Last Giant was a very disappointing fight, which was a shame because I liked how the Giants looked. That one room after you fight those Bazuso mother fuckers next to a hole when the wind gets quiet and you come face to face with a dead giant in a cramped room was beautiful.

The Pursuer actually gave me trouble because I am rubbish, so I can excuse him as being awful and he had a neato shield. I stopped when reaching them three boys in a castle, I could still pick it up and enjoy my time though.
>>
Bloodborne actually had dark areas, giving the torch a utility.
>>
>>336451608
You have to gain 30 000 SM minimum before Straid sells it, which will be about that amount you'll have with the bosses in your path to him.
>>
File: 1432832635452.png (342 KB, 410x394) Image search: [Google]
1432832635452.png
342 KB, 410x394
>>336441328
>Every NPC I meet tells me I'm shit and I'm going to die
>>
>>336451608
>its really only good for farming sunlight medals
>only
read this >>336451535
>>
>>336451875
>literally the opening cinematic is already pushing the "Prepare to Die" shit
Dark 2 was kind of embarassing, really. I can understand why they largely ignored it for 3.
>>
>>336441328

They took the "lol u died :^)))" memery a bit too far
>>
>>336451827
I'm still pissed about what they did to Dark Souls 2 after those trailers
They made such a big deal about the torches and then just scrapped it all
I haven't played Bloodborne yet, is it actually dark enough to make you need it?
>>
>>336451990
You don't NEED it, but there are areas that are really uncomfortable without it, especially once the game shifts to night, and in the chalice dungeons.
>>
File: Kiriya Aoi - 00106.jpg (115 KB, 520x810) Image search: [Google]
Kiriya Aoi - 00106.jpg
115 KB, 520x810
Dark Souls 2 is the hardest compared to the 2 games mainly because it was marketed as very hard, "go beyond death" hard. Most of the time enemies were hard to stun and usually you end up getting hit when landing a hit (Alonne knights for example). Some just have infinite stamina and poise being different, chances are those falconer knights will stunlock you to death. And there are more enemies on screen as well.

With the frequency of you getting hit is the reason why healing gems are in the game because chances are you'll deplete your estus before reaching a boss or the next bonfire.

In retrospect, DaS2 isn't difficult, but the mechanics set in place make it more of a challenge to handle compared to DaS1-2.

That's what I think anyways. I still love the game. 9/10 and my GOTY.
>>
File: 1460200114920.jpg (36 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1460200114920.jpg
36 KB, 512x512
>>336451876

Im not entirely sure how you use it to twink

I just want to be able to put down sign for comfy boss fights
>>
I think I hated the sound design more than anything. All impacts sound like they're covered in pillows, not a single attack is satisfying, even the goddamn greatsword.
>>
>>336446656
You forgot the fucked up controls.
>>
>>336452102
I can actually agree with this, the sounds when you hit enemies weren't as good. I only found one hit sound questionable in the first game and that's greathammers made of wood.
>CLANG
>>
>>336452102
>hit enemy with biggest sword in the game
>"shink"
Also, all the animations feel stiff and stilted. Was Dark 2 all mocapped? It would make sense. All the animations are shitty 'realistic' crap, without any of the flare of Dark 1.
>>
>>336448373
This.

2 feels like it was deliberately designed to impede your progress as much as possible in the guise of "difficulty", whereas the other Souls games just punish you for not thinking things through.
>>
File: The origin of a wheel skeleton.gif (2 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
The origin of a wheel skeleton.gif
2 MB, 540x540
>>336441328
Why the FUCK did you buy DaS2 now, when BB, DaS3, DaS1 and DeS are a thing?
>>
>>336452086
>Im not entirely sure how you use it to twink
You can reach late game spells,armors,rings and weapons with extremely low soul memory and go back in the starting areas to troll scrubs.

And while in the champions covenant with the agape ring equipped you can farm monster drops with no despawning and no souls gained.
>>
>>336452250
It's because they couldn't get the game done on time. They got fucked over half way so had to rush to remake the game almost from scratch.
In place of well thought out areas they just made rushed, annoying layouts of 5 million hollows around every corner.

I think if Dark 2 had been developed according to plan it may have been my favourite Souls game. But as it is I absolutely loathe it.
>>
>arguing over which game is hardest instead of which games are better

Fucking faggots.
>>
>>336452368
But hard = good, that's what /v/ told me.
>>
>>336441328
>go near building door in Lost Bastille
>enemies overwhelm me when I go past it
> some boss fight is 3 cunts
>the only solution they come up with is to have them all mob me in a decently small room

I haven't played it since. DaS1 plays better to me.
>>
File: aMo48Fk.png (240 KB, 262x490) Image search: [Google]
aMo48Fk.png
240 KB, 262x490
>>336452330

Ahhhh, well that makes sense. I think thats intentional, interestingly. For instance, the Armorer Dennis invasion in FotFG is an interesting example of a twink'd over-leveled invader with mid to late game shit
>>
I know it goes against the /v/ hivemind but I think DS2 was probably my favorite.

Power stance, shit loads of viable weapons, best pvp, best covenants (Bell Keepers, Rats, best version to invade as a red), bonfire ascetics, best hub, best optional bosses(Darklurker, Vendrick, Dragon), best DLC.

It may not have had the best 'atmosphere' out of the series but it hit so many great points that I am genuinely confused as to why /v/ hates it.
>>
>>336452454
I thought that asshole was a cheater when I first played SotFS but nothing showed up in 'recent Players'
Thankfully he easy enough to deal with after dying 5-6 times, knock his shield away when he's turtling up
>>
>>336452502

because it was absolutely more heavily marketed and more popular than DaS1 at the time
>>
To make ds2 pve fun play a strength char and 2 hand a hammer type weapon.
R2 pancake works on almost any mob that comes in big groups
>>
>>336452502
You forgot to mention the red/blue arenas.
Especially the red arena PvP.
>>
File: alonne.png (207 KB, 349x405) Image search: [Google]
alonne.png
207 KB, 349x405
>Poise ceases to exist in any useful form after DS1
>Rushed to the point where they literally had no choice other than downgrade the visuals to make it run reliably
>Backstepping on the usefulness of torches in DARK souls, relegating a mechanic i really liked to around 10% of the game for the most part
>Far more bosses than DS1, but also far more mediocre bosses and "bosses" (Prowling Magus and Congregation is literally just "Several enemies in a room with music playing")
>Frustrating bonus areas in the DLC combined with two of the worst bosses in the entire franchise (Cool Ranch Smelter Demon is okay with me, though Iron Passage is fucking cancer)
>Buys into its own meme of "le dark souls is le hardest gaem ur gon die xD!!!"
>NPCs are mind-numbingly boring, most of them don't even have questlines while the majority of those that do are mediocre at best (with the exception of Pate and Creighton's fight, that was interesting)
>Severe lack of atmosphere compared to Dark Souls 1. From the trailers, I was hoping to have the overbearing feeling of being nothing more than a maggot in an already dead world, compared to DS1's last hope for one that's dying. Instead, everything feels so frustratingly alive even when the game tries to say it's not.
>Plot goes from DS1's feeling of reading a complete story with pages missing to just being purposely vague and annoying in a futile attempt to replicate an admittedly very tricky style of writing
>Bear seek seek lest

Despite all this, some mechanics like the ones >>336452502 mentioned still make it a damn fine game, just one that's clearly tragically unfinished when it's not badly impersonating DS1.

Sir Alonne is still tied with Artorias for the best humanoid fight in the series until DS3.
>>
>>336452724
Or you can use the Gyrm Great Hammer and send them flying with a spin.
>>
>>336452724
>>336452916
Man I fucking love Greathammers in DaS 2.

Did they ruin them in DaS 3?
>>
File: 1461800952242.png (370 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1461800952242.png
370 KB, 666x666
>>336452795
>I was hoping to have the overbearing feeling of being nothing more than a maggot in an already dead world, compared to DS1's last hope for one that's dying. Instead, everything feels so frustratingly alive even when the game tries to say it's not.

I really don't understand this.
Every area in the game is filled with broken dead remnants of what was once a civilization. However, unlike in DS1, you can imagine that people were actually living there at some point - areas in DS1 feel like your a thousand years past the point of anyone having lived there, and in particular, it feels like the whole place has been repurposed to test destiny (Sens Fortress being a good example of this). Drangleic and its surrounding areas look like places built and ruled by humans, inhabited by humans, and otherwise for-humans-by-humans - while Lordran hasn't been an actual place that people have lived for so long that its now just a linear path of self-fulfilling prophecy cooked up by a tranny and a snek with bad breath
>>
>>336452973
>Did they ruin them in DaS 3?
yes they did
>>
>>336441328
It has mediocre level design when compared to DeS and DaS1 (have not played anything else) and whoever developed the game has no idea what pacing means. Also bosses are ez as fuck for the most part but maybe its just me being used to souls at that point. It also has the best animations in the series

But yeah its ok, I rate DeS and DaS1 a 9/10 and this one a 7/10
>>
>>336452795
>poise ceases to exist in any useful form after DaS1

I actually felt it was best in Dark Souls 2, with attacks doing a large amount of poise damage in general so to not get staggered you needed a large amount of poise and maybe use a weapon with super armor, which justs decreases poise damage taken by half.
>>
>>336453219
wow even less reason for me to get it especially with all the shit I've been seeing
i hate this 'slow ass predictable heavy high stat requirement b b b b but it hits hard' shit i hate it
>>
I'd love to against the hivemind and say that it's not so bad but every single fucking time I play it......

>Rolls were motion captured to be more realistic, which worked. now it looks like a literal roll which is sped up or slowed down depending on your weight, and doesnt represent where the invincibility frames are
>speaking of those frames, adaptability. its like memetosis said, on paper, a neat idea. but rolling is too basic a fucking move to need to be relearning when you LEVEL UP
>also your roll being utter and complete shit at the start of the game when you have one estus (which got nerfed from das1) and absolutely crap shields (if you have one at all) makes the beginning torture.
>and by the way most animations in general were made more realistic. backstabs can be ambiguous to tell when they were triggered. really fluid arm movements and shit make for weird combat flow. its hard to tell whats a telegraph and whats just the beginning of the move. it sure is great that dodging is better in this game to make up for it right?.....oh

But the biggest problem for me are the controls. I dont know how much of that B-team shit was real but this is what makes me think it was

>you have far more limited movement. I hope someone posts that webm because its really dumb. the lock on has a delay before enemies come into focus. the camera is shit too. not in the sense that its broken but the sense that it likes to move either horizontally or vertically, and is sensitive even on low settings.
I think that for every good creative change theres at least one bad one, but every time I see das2 discussion and people talk about cool ranch and shit I remember the reasons why I wont play this game ever again.
>>
>>336441328

>das2
>hard

You have zero excuse for dying to any mandatory content other than demon of song
>>
>>336452795
>"le dark souls is le hardest gaem ur gon die xD!!!"
It didn't actually.

Like the only thing DS2 did that can be even considered going down that path is that some enemy groups are harder to singe pull with bows.
Other than that DS2 is far more fair in terms of its design and balance than DS1 or DeS.

No shitty platforming sections where the whole challenge comes down to how bad the controls are
No impossible to deal with beforehand ambushes
No stupid fucking drake that kills you unless you know about him

DS2 only is "lel so hard ekksdeee" if you go out of your way to try and prove it is by agroing multiple enemies at once and not even trying to deal with them properly.
>>
>>336453642
>demon of song
What?Why?The lava boss was the one that people died the most.
>>
>>336453642
He said he didn't reach any boss, I assume he just has trouble with the pacing of the game since it keeps throwing shit at him and he's used to DaS1
>>
>>336453621
>telegraph and whats just the beginning of the move
Anon those are the same thing
The start of a move is them telegraphing their move.
>>
>>336453642
>dos

Ez as fuck
>>336453724
The one in iron keep? Ez as fuck
>>
>>336453494
>Wants to use big heavy weapon.
>Doesn't like it that big heavy weapon is slow and hard hitting.
What the fuck you want? Some kind of ninja-heavy-Axe that allows you to do flips and scales off dex?
>>
File: 1462209774472.png (64 KB, 800x473) Image search: [Google]
1462209774472.png
64 KB, 800x473
>>336441328

Nigga it'd a fucking allegory. How old are you?
>>
>>336453724

Because he oneshots you in SotFS for some reason
>>
>>336453823
>The one in iron keep? Ez as fuck
Still people kept getting killed by him.I was there cooping so i've seen a 1000 deaths on him.
>>
>>336453881
No he doesn't unless you are trying to block him with a non greatshield or have 0 VIG.
>>
>>336453808
I think anon means the difference between opponent just doing an attack and opponent preparing an attack, waiting (usually long enough for you to roll and be vulnerable) and then attacking.
>>
>>336453808

i think he may have been trying to say theres a confusing difference between the start of the animation and the hitbox becoming active on some moves

its unclear tho
>>
File: 1462362854141.gif (2 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1462362854141.gif
2 MB, 360x203
>>336441328
>it is already harder then anything in DaS1

you're retarded, desu

das2 a shit
>>
>>336453881
How do you even get hit by the demon of song in the first place?
>>
>>336453808
I mean the mechanical start. in das1....

>*holds sword behind back, then slams it down in front*

in das2

>sword moves from the side to the front with no delay. the correct time to dodge was after the sword was about to be done moving, not to avoid it passing through you.

but this may be those "shockwaves" everyone talked about.
>>
>>336453919
>hink anon means the difference between opponent just doing an attack and opponent preparing an attack
But those are the same thing
It's an enemy preparing to do an attack. Sometimes it takes longer sometimes it takes less time, doesn't mean its not telegraphing the attack.
>>
>>336452916
The spin is the standard R2 follow up on more hammers, eg the old knight hammer which you can pick up early in heide
>>
>>336453847
Because it hitting hard doesn't matter at all if every other weapon can hit just as hard with far less requirements and little to no downsides.
>>
>>336453891
people falling in the lava probably, there was a patch behind you that you could get thrown into
>>
>>336453952
>le hard = good memejz

xDxD

Fact is DaS1 has harder bosses but its easier to travel between them on account of there not being an epic trap and 20 enemies around every corner
>>
>>336453974
>sword moves from the side to the front with no delay
No, no they don't

Like jesus fuck there is plenty to bitch about in DS2 so no need to actually just make shit up.
Enemies don't have instant attacks, go look at BB and some of its 5 frame windup attacks like Ludwigs bite.
DS2 didn't pull that shit, it did the opposite, often foes would wind up for an attack for over a second to bait a panic roll.
>>
>>336451531
SotFS is darker
But I set the lightness up like a little bitch anyway because torches are crazy retarded.
>>
>>336441328
Have fun. I loved that game. Get the Agape ring to control Soul Memory. Use the bonfire ascetics to get the great rings. I thought PVP on the bridge was great.
>>
>>336454078
This.
It's frustrating to traverse through some giant meatgrinder of enemies that crowd you only to find some pathetic uninteresting boss at the end.
>>
>>336453691
>Other than that DS2 is far more fair in terms of its design and balance than DS1 or DeS.

you would be the only person to say this

some characters dont use bows btw and the choice not to use them is part of what makes these games what they are...
>>
>>336454078
>DS1 hard bosses
Naaah DS1 bosses can be cheesed by one of two ways
>giant bosses you take every light armor and fast roll their attacks and they are piss easy to dodge
>dudes and larger dudes you take high poise armor and and a BKGS then just R1 until you win
>>
>>336453979
One of those two you react to it and avoid the attack, in other you react to it and get punished, and there is basically no way to tell which one is which other than get hit by shit and be a fast learner (which I am not).
>>
File: 1462316491519.jpg (277 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1462316491519.jpg
277 KB, 680x680
>>336454078

the true fact of the matter is that das2 is a shitty game and will always be the ugly duckling of the series
>>
>>336454168
>you would be the only person to say this
Yeah because most people here don't even own the game much less have their own opinions on them.

DS2 pulls far less cheap tricks when it comes to enemy encounters than any of the other games especially in scholar, if you disagree feel free to post some of them
>>
>>336454141
Yep, its fucking tiring when you start especially coming from DaS1 which was beautifully balanced for the most part.
>>336454178
DaS2 bosses are even easier m8
>>336454208
Yea but ur still a dumb bastard perpetuating the hard = good meme and getting triggered by OPs post because of your retardism
>>
>>336454208
But anon... the ugly ducking was actually a swan.The other ducks were just too stupid to notice it.
>>
>>336445606
>60fps means double durability loss
This was fixed
>Buy stuff that cures poison in bulk, everything in the game poisons you
Absolute bullshit and the only place with any serious poison threat is the gulch.
>Invest heavily in ranged options
Get a good bow and that's it
>>
>>336454086
>it did the opposite.

exactly. I dont mean there was no delay on the hitbox, but on the animation.

think of the difference between a sword guy from das3, and das2.

in das2, its like i said. a fluid movement of his sword from one swing to the next.

in das3, theres a delay. the sword is quickly swiped from its previos resting place. THEN its immobile, being aimed at the next spot for a split second. THEN, its immediately swung that way, in hopes you dodged or blocked at the appropriate time.
>>
>>336441328
The sorcery build in DS2 was actually fun. Get the heavy homing soul arrow for PVP, get the Magic Mace as soon as you can and Great Magic Weapon. Unlike DS3, you can buff magic weapon spell on a magic weapon that amplifies the magic damage. The mace cuts through shields like butter and can kick ass in PVP and PVE.
>>
>>336454315
>This was fixed

No :DDD, they just removed the part where your weapons would get even more damage by attacking an enemy after his health bar is empty. The double durability bug still persists, they literally cant fix it just removed that part to mitigate for it
>>
>>336454183
>and there is basically no way to tell which one is which
Nigga im telling you stop talking about BB and calling it DS2

DS2 has delayed attacks but none of them are fast enough so that you can't reaction roll
>an enemy starts their windup
>you wait until the attack starts moving
>roll
>take 0 damage
The "issue" here is that you are a little bitch that wants to be able to hit roll as soon as the boss flinches and be immune to all damage, and thank god the designers don't agree with you because delayed attacks are back in full force in BB and DS3
>>
File: 1462236062089.jpg (195 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
1462236062089.jpg
195 KB, 500x650
>>336454303

i'm triggered by stupid posts. can't help it.

stop browsing dark souls threads if you don't like challenging games.
>>
>>336454334
>encounter greathammer user
>he splats me in two hits
How much fucking damage do those things even do?
>>
>>336454323
>in das2, its like i said. a fluid movement of his sword from one swing to the next.
>in das3, theres a delay. the sword is quickly swiped from its previos resting place. THEN its immobile, being aimed at the next spot for a split second. THEN, its immediately swung that way, in hopes you dodged or blocked at the appropriate time.
This is the most nonsens thing I have heard in a while.

No bosses work the same way in both 2 and 3.
They have a set of moves and sometimes they just add a random delay to their swings to punish you if you roll too early.
Go look at Sir Alonnes charge attack and tell me he doesn't fucking flat out stop moving during his delay.

You are full of so much shit its actually incredible
>>
>>336454421
but yours was stupider because you perpetuate the hard = good meme and then you get super ass ravaged when your logic doesn't hold up because DaS2 is genuinely harder to traverse between bosses
>>
File: Enraged frog.gif (2 MB, 480x481) Image search: [Google]
Enraged frog.gif
2 MB, 480x481
>>336454141
This "not putting checkpoints before bosses" meme just needs to stop. Having to kill the same enemies over again or, at worst, having to go through half the fucking level every time I die isn't testing my ability, it's wasting time that I could be spending at the fun part.
>you have to run for a solid minute and a half every time you die to Artorias
>that one niggering bloathead sorceror on the path to Manus
>at worst, Memory of the Old Iron King puts 12 Alonne Knights in the way every time you want to fight best boss
>mfw the entirety of Frigid Outskirts every time lol2cat kills you because taking a boss balanced around there being one of it and putting 2 of them together is sUCH A GOOD IDEA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>336454529

hard is objectively better than games that wipe your ass for easy gratification.
>>
>>336454394
>DS2 has delayed attacks but none of them are fast enough so that you can't reaction roll
Not only that but you can reaction FAT ROLL trough almost anything if you have your timing right.
>>
>>336454334
Magic weapon/grater magic weapon/Crystal magic weapon as a buff working on the sword catalysts was so hilarious
Use CMW to buff a Blue Flame and bam your SPELLS cast from it now do extra damage
>>
>>336454323
Both games pull that dumb delay shit, have you even played them?

Fume/Alonne/Vestaldt all have visible delays for example.
>>
>>336454490
>bosses work the same way in 2 and 3

fuck lol, play 3 then come back.
>>
>>336454579
so DaS2 is the best in the series because it keeps throwing shit at you every single second making it a tiring experience instead of a balanced one between challenge and exploration?
>>
>>336454631
Whatever helps you sleep at night retard because you haven't touched one of them outside of a courtesy look at most.
Bosses in DS2 delay their attack sometimes to punish you if you roll as soon as you see them move
Bosses in DS3 delay their attack sometimes to punish you if you roll as soon as you see them move
Bosses in BB delay their attack sometimes to punish you if you roll as soon as you see them move

But no the way DS2 does it is totally obviously different because we need things to bitch about in 2 even if they were brought back as a mechanic later on.
>>
>>336454663
SotFS was pretty fair with enemy placement aside from shit areas like Iron King though.
>>
>>336441328
Dark Souls 2 was made by a seperate director/team that didn't understand what made Dark Souls and Demon's Souls good.
They just thought people want a "hardcore" game so they went out of their way to be sadistic.

Like how they deliberately changed the ladder slide controls so you fall to your death if you use the same button combination as DS1.

It makes the game feel kind of cheap where DS1 was hard but almost always fair.
>>
>>336454760
>iron keep
>unfair enemy placement
It might have been slightly annoying to go through but it was by no means unfair since the allonne knights waddle up to you in single file with more than 5 seconds between knights.
With 1 encounter of more than a single knight at once.

If you found iron keep unfair then you were just a retard that didnt try to learn how the AI worked there, which I can understand it's much easier to just suck dicks and go
>B TEAM
than it is to try and learn.
>>
File: 1462316083646.jpg (349 KB, 552x780) Image search: [Google]
1462316083646.jpg
349 KB, 552x780
>>336454663

no, retard. das2 is the epitome of artificial difficulty. it constantly throws mobs of uninspired shit at you. it's not difficult, it's tedious. b-team is shit at making games.
>>
>>336452102
this. so much this.
>swoosh
>sploosh
>woosh
every. fucking. weapon.
>>
>>336446862
No you're thinking of Undertale.
>>
>>336454841
>button combination as DS1.
You mean the same scheme they kept for 3?
Hold sprint to slide tap it to drop off. Well guess 3 is confirmed garbage too fucking Cteam doesn't understand what made DS1 great THE LADDER CONTROLS OBVIOUSLY
>>
>>336454890
>it constantly throws mobs of uninspired shit at you
But this is exactly what happens in DaS3 post-Wolnir.
>>
>>336454760
I didn't play the standard DaS2 so I cant compare it but compared to DeS and DaS1 by all regards no, no it wasn't
>>336454890
that's what I'm saying, but tedious IS hard. There is good, balanced difficulty and pointless difficulty. Either way DaS2 IS overall harder, and if you perpetuate the hard = good meme you must agree DaS2 is best
>>
>Difficulty
DeS > DSII > DS > BB > DSIII

>Exploration
DS > DSIII > BB > DeS > DSII

>Art Direction
BB > DSIII > DeS > DS > DSII

>Narrative
DS > DSIII > DSII > BB > DeS

>Multiplayer
DSII > DS > DeS > BB > DSIII

Might bump up DSIII on multi when it stops being exploited to hell, bit it honestly looks right now like FROM doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>336444349
>play first 5 minutes of a game
>already form an objectively wrong opinion on it

Shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>336454962
>tedious IS hard

no, it's not. if anything it's a waste of time.
>>
>>336454954
And pre wolnir too while we are at it, but the early game of the entire series has been "hollow soldier dudes"
>>
>>336454863
>It might have been slightly annoying to go through but it was by no means unfair since the allonne knights waddle up to you in single file with more than 5 seconds between knights.
Don't forget the ten archers which meant you had to pull the knights back inside, and those fuckers like to take their time walking over.
>>
>>336454991
This is surprisingly accurate, fuck, when are they going to do it right?!
>>
>>336454962
>no it wasn't
How so?

Give some specific examples of unfair enemy placement in SotFS then.
>>
>>336454962
Please do name some unfair encounters in 2.
Some actual unfair encounters though not the "well I ran past every enemy to agro them why did I get gangbanged BTEAM" shit.
>>
File: Bashful Ray.png (893 KB, 478x964) Image search: [Google]
Bashful Ray.png
893 KB, 478x964
Dark Souls II has Bashful Ray.

This means it is the best souls game by default.
>>
>>336454991
What do you mean by difficulty? From hardest to easiest or the most well balanced? Because DeS is one of the easiest of them all.
>>
>>336455167
more like rashful gay
>>
>>336455167
I loved the NPCs in the expansion.

Were there any memorable summons in DaS3? Other than Sirris, I didn't care about any of them.
>>
>>336455047
There is 1 archer on the bridge and he is piss easy to avoid by just standing at the second pillar waiting for the alonne knights to walk to you
The captain on the starting side of the bridge should never agro you if you are just going to the bosses and you can go behind him with a ladder
The captains on the other side of the bridge can just ran past since the knights near them agro far before they do.

Again the only issue with iron keep is that until you get gud enough you just have to spend time sitting around waiting for the enemies to come to you since they follow different agro rules
>>
>>336455034
It is objectively harder to get between bosses in DaS2.
>>336455061
>>336455104
Early parts of the game are full of places where you run to pick up an item and suddenly there's 5 niggas running from behind you. That big sword broken sword you climb for an item in forest of the giants comes to mind. The ninja guy coming behind you in when you fight the turtle guy in that tight corridor in iron keep comes to mind

BUT ITS NOT JUST ABOUT ENEMY placement, DaS2 just keeps throwing the enemies at you, no pacing whatsoever, it is its biggest flaw
>>
>>336448638
Are you sure you're thinking of Dark Souls 2?
>>
>>336454923
>>336446862
have you two shitheads ever played a bad game in your life? das2 isn't one. someone sure wasn't around for snes/nes
>>
>>336454991
This is pretty good regarding DS2

SotFS was hard as fuck, but lore/enviroment/graphics wise it completely dropped the ball (and ruined the game for me)

I don't think DS2 MP was better, SM sucks and I think DS3 has better MP. Due to easy respecing, it was more accessible than DS3 though.
>>
>>336454102
>SotFS is darker
It's really not. It's the same shit with slight changes in minute details.

DS2 is a very special kind of a fuck up, because along with the graphical downgrade they managed to ruin the entire game, which was supposed to be centered around fending off darkness with a torch, but that is pretty hard to pull off when you remove all darkness from you fucking game.
>>
File: 1462316284770.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462316284770.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
>>336455262

maybe if you keep saying it it'll come true.
>>
File: shopping.jpg (10 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
10 KB, 360x360
>>336454991
Most accurate ranking I've seen.

People forget how fucking hard Demon's Souls was.

Bondfires? What are those?
>>
>>336454991
Funny how outside of DS2 to DS 1 that difficulty list follows the order the games came out.
Almost as if player's skills improve and translate from one game to another.
>>
>>336455262
>That big sword broken sword you climb for an item in forest of the giants comes to mind.
That was good, I'll admit it.

But they don't come at you until you actually pick up the item. If you go about it cautiously you can see them waiting for you.

How is this any different from gank squads in DS3, particularly in Cathedral of Deep with tons of ninjas dropping around everywhere?
>>
>>336455260
But anon,the gamers of today are more into to the instant gratification gameplay of easy souls 3 and healmeborn.
>>
>>336455374
I love Dark a Souls 3 but it's pretty obvious it was dumbed down a bit for the masses.
>>
>>336454991

the fire bow you get from the spider boss makes DeS the second easiest in the series, only DaS1 is easier

its still my favourite from the series yet
>>
File: 580-1-1380790818.jpg (138 KB, 850x884) Image search: [Google]
580-1-1380790818.jpg
138 KB, 850x884
>>336441328
Nah, game was a pretty 7/10, I really liked a lot of the design choices, and since Miyazaki is done with the Souls games I would love to see what the B-team could do with the format, they actually made new shit, they made a lot of tedious shit but also proved they do give a shit about the games they make and that they do listen to the community.
>>
>>336455314
I dont need to when its the truth, more enemy encounters = harder. Only difference is having more healing items and bonfires.

Either way you are a dumb retard perpetuating the hard = good meme so you are wrong by the defaultness of the universe :D
>>336455375
Never played Ds3
>>
>>336454391
>They literally can't fix it

...just double the durability for every weapon?
>>
>>336455262
>Early parts of the game are full of places where you run to pick up an item and suddenly there's 5 niggas running from behind you
Be specific please nigga.
And no you might be confusing DS1 with DS2 here, you see DS1 has encounters where you walk past closed doors that you can open that pop open so enemies can backstab you
DS2 never pulls that shit.

Say lets compare the bridge in hutmans copse to Lower Burgh
Lower Burgh has thives waiting behind closed doors that you can't do anything about until you run past them so they can backstab you. This is a typical DS1 enemy ambush, the game either spawns or just uses other methods to stop you from dealing with the ambush before you walk into it
Now lets look at the bridge, before the level that lowers the bridge there are a bunch of thives scattered around the map crouching down, they won't agro you unless you get very close to them once you pull the level to lower the bridge they will all converge on the hut. You can kill them before you pull the bridge by exploring and looking around the level getting rid of the ambush entirely. This is a typical DS2 ambush, all the enemies are already on the map and there is nothing stopping you from killing them before triggering the ambush but doing that would't let us bash on DS2 now would it so let's just ignore that.
>>
File: 1462323479431.jpg (594 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462323479431.jpg
594 KB, 750x1000
>>336455474

the majority disagrees. like i already fucking said, it's artificial difficulty.
>>
>>336455474
>Never played Ds3
Sad.
>>
>>336455260
No fuck you. That ledge before the Smelter boss is absolute bullshit. Captains shooting at you from both sides and two alonne knights drop down and rush you the second you step off the bridge
>>
>>336454306
Dark 2 died of progeria before it could ever mature into a swan.
>>
>>336455498
which would also be nothing more than a work around, not a fix
>>
File: 1425939732618.jpg (154 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
1425939732618.jpg
154 KB, 600x706
>>336455262
>The ninja guy coming behind you in when you fight the turtle guy in that tight corridor in iron keep comes to mind
Are you talking about the corridor with the guillotine? Because I'm pretty sure the Alonne Knight is on the far end of the preceeding room and you can either kill him or just ignore him completely by dropping down from the alternate path.

If you got him to aggro you that far, then I don't know what to say.
>>
>>336454991
This is a pretty good list, but I've got some problems with it. Keep in mind I've never played Bloodborne however.

For difficulty: DeS is fairly easy. It was only difficult the first time you played it because there isn't much like it. I've recently replayed it, there are only 2 problem bosses in the whole game. It is harder than DaS however. DaS is the easiest souls game in the series. Go back and replay it, you'll notice many bosses aren't very aggressive (with the exception of DLC bosses) and most encounters can be solved by circle strafing. The way people talk about BB leads me to believe it is either the hardest or second hardest.

So difficulty should look more like
BB/DS2 > DS3 > DeS > DaS

DS3 is harder than DeS only because of how strong you become quickly in DeS.

Also DeS has the best art direction. Everything else is pretty spot on though.
>>
>>336455440
It way harder than DS 1. It has lots of fast heavy hitting enemies that don't fuck around.
>>
>>336455540
not mutually exclusive, but w/e, ur still a retard that perpetuates the hard = good meme and now you're desperately coming up with excuses :D
>>336455554
why
>>336455648
there's 2 ninja knights, one is above on a ledge you can traverse through another route, one drops in front of you immediately
>>
File: 1462293599988.gif (557 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1462293599988.gif
557 KB, 480x270
>>336455735
>w/e
>meme
>:D

for the love of fuck go back to r.eddit
>>
>>336454391
At least weapon's durability mattered because of that bug.
In DS 1 you just have to remember to fix your shit when you visit a smith to upgrade your weapons and in 3 they should have just thrown durability away as it never matters.
>>
>>336454941
No, you idiot.
In DS1 and 3 if you hold sprint you slide down.
In DS2 if you hold sprint you jump off.

It's just an example of the many traps that you can't possibly anticipate and just feel cheap.
>>
>>336455613
Wanna hear a secret?
Those two knights that drop down agro when you get to the end of the bridge, they agro you and start moving before the archers even see you but because of the path they take it usually takes them some time to get to you.
So a shit and unobservant player would't bother looking around, walk off the bridge and gets sandwiched, then goes off to anonymous imageboards on the internet to bitch about BTEAM, while someone with a functioning brain sees the enemies start moving and goes
>maybe I should wait for these enemies to come to me and kill them before moving forward and potentially agroing more enemies!
thus avoiding agroing the archers in the first place or backing off and making sure the archers can't hit him.

Iron Keep is the perfect example of the irony that is Scholar of the First Sin.
People don't even try to learn how an area works, how the enemies behave, they just rush in head first fuck up and then say how the encounter is unfair.
And we all know if that shit had been in 1 everyone would have told you to git gud, but it's in 2 so the easy scapegoat of "bteam bad enemy placement hurrrrr" exists.
>>
>>336455735
>there's 2 ninja knights, one is above on a ledge you can traverse through another route, one drops in front of you immediately
Which area are we talking about? Because I don't recall there being any 'ninja' in that guillotine corridor.
>>
>>336455789
never been, just making fun of your stupidity
>>336455809
>mattered

fuck mattered, I had to limit the game to 30 fps just to get a half decent experience, there's too many enemies and your weapons wont last, they just break way 2quick. That game has many small issues like this which detract from the experience
>>
>>336455658
>DaS is the easiest souls game in the series. Go back and replay it, you'll notice many bosses aren't very aggressive (with the exception of DLC bosses) and most encounters can be solved by circle strafing
It's also the easiest to break. You can get +5 Black Knight weapon 30 minutes into the game and have 400AR before you ring a single bell of awakening. The game really suffered from balancing and pacing issues that were largely fixed in DaS2 and DaS3.

Unrelated, but DaS was ugly as fuck. I wouldn't put it about DaS2 at all as far as art direction is concerned. Majula alone looked better than any area in DaS; just remembering the putrid filter in Blighttown or the fucking lava in Izalith makes me want to vomit
>>
>>336455826
erm, if you hold sprint you will slide or sprint up. If you tap it, you will drop.
>>
>>336455826
>In DS2 if you hold sprint you jump off.
Noooope
DS1 you tap sprint to start sliding
DS2 and 3 you tap sprint to fall off and hold sprint to "sprint" up or down ladders (climbing faster and sliding down respectively)
>>
>>336441328
>LOL LETS PUT 4x THE ENEMIES EVERYWHERE THAT'LL BE HARD RIGHT
>LEL LETS GIVE ENEMIES INFINITE FUCKING STAMINA SO THEY CAN HIT THAT GIANT AXE 20 TIMES IN A ROW THAT'LL BE FUN RIGHT!?
>KEK LETS GIVE BOSSES PRACTICALLY INFINITE POISE AS WELL AS DOING THE SAME FOR BIG ENEMIES, SO THAT EVEN THE POISE DAMAGE RING WITH A GREATHAMMER DOES NOTHING, FUCK IT, LETS MAKE POISE PRACTICALLY USELESS FOR THE PLAYERS AS WELL BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE HARD
>LETS PUT AMBUSHES EVERYWHERE
>ORNSTIEN AND SMOUGH WAS TOUGH SO LETS HAVE EVERY 3RD BOSS FIGHT HAVE MULTIPLE ENEMIES IN IT BECAUSE HARDER = GOODER
>I-FRAMES ARE NOW A STAT BECAUSE ROLLING IS OP
>ENEMIES HAVE SHOCKWAVES AND CAN HIT THROUGH SHIELDS AS WELL ISNT THAT FUN
>ARMOUR IS STILL COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS ON EVERY RUN AFTER NG GOOD IDEA
>LETS MAKE BLEED FUCKING USELESS AND ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO PROC ON ANYTHING
>EVEN WEAK ENEMIES ALL HAVE HYPER POISE AND ATTACKS DO NOTHING TO THEM WHEN THEY ATTACK YOU

Not a bad game, but 10000 times worse than DS1.
>>
>>336455898
when u come from those interchaging platfroms and go by the bullheads spitting flame, u will descend a flight of stairs and go into guillotine corridor yes

if u want I'll load up the game and try to get there but does new game+ keep unlocked bonfires?
>>
>>336441328
2 was the hardest at start, but not because of good design.
Clunky and slow movement and combat, i-frames being locked behind a stat, 500 years recovery frames on anything you do, retarded enemy tracking and hitboxes and to wrap it all up they just placed shitload of enemies on the map because "prepare to die guyz lol".
>>
>>336455826
Uh...
So you're just dumb.

Okay.
>>
File: 9f5.gif (94 KB, 600x638) Image search: [Google]
9f5.gif
94 KB, 600x638
>>336455826
Who are you trying to fool here? Dark Souls 1 if you tapped you would slide, in 2 and 3 you need to hold it and press down, if you tap then you jump off.
>>
>>336455904
Repair powder and backup weapons.
Weapon durability was never a problem, but having to actually pay attention to your gear was welcome change in the game.
>>
>>336455908
I personally really liked Majula. The music and the sound of waves is pretty comforting after coming out of some of the more ominous or literally shitty areas of the game. For some reason, people shit on Majula as a hub area and only get memes when I ask why.
>>
>>336455972
The stone ring is one of the best rings in the game. You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about
>>
File: 1427167156871.gif (64 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1427167156871.gif
64 KB, 450x600
>>336455973
So we're talking about the same area.

There's no Alonne Knight that 'jumps down' unless you are referring to the one that you can literally see staring at you. There's also another one to your left who also stares you down.

If you walk past them without killing them, why the fuck are you complaining that they come up behind you and attack you?

Holy fuck, I hate this meme but literally GIT GUD
>>
>>336456097
It works on weak enemies but bosses/strong enemies have infinite fucking poise/have stagger animations that last literally 0.2 seconds so it's fucking garbage on them.
>>
>>336456079
Ja it was fine when I limited to 30 fps, with te 60fps bug it was fucking annoying famalan
>>336456127
No there's 2, one of them only jumps down once you engage the turtle fuck in the corridor
>>
>>336455540

>artifical difficulty

Surefire way to tell if someone's trolling.
Fuck off with your meme word. It doesn't exist and even if it did, it doesn't apply to any Souls game.
>>
>>336456167
Riddle me this anon, can a rapier without a stone ring stagger ana alonne knight?
98% of retards that don't know how poise and poise damage works in 2 got it wrong!
>>
>>336456085
It was a great hub with a much more comforting atmosphere compared to firelink. The souls games have serious stress/pacing issues due to the nature of the design of the games; there isn't really respite between high anxiety combat situations, which exhausts the player after extended sessions. It's unavoidable to some extent but at the very least Majula gives the player a few minutes to kick back and relax while doing a spot of maintenance before they're thrown into the fray. DaS rarely had the player return to firelink and when they did it was generally only to sprint through it to get to another area
>>
>>336456184
>No there's 2,
Are you illiterate?
>>
>>336456320
yes
>>
>>336456254
>Alonne knight
>Strong enemy

They are mid tier at fucking best.
>>
>>336456184
>Ja it was fine when I limited to 30 fps, with te 60fps bug it was fucking annoying famalan
I played it with 60fps. Considering how little trouble I had, halving the durability loss would trivialize the system and make it irrelevant, in which case, why even have it.
>>
>>336456184
>No there's 2, one of them only jumps down once you engage the turtle fuck in the corridor
Nigga no they agro when you are like half way down the stairs.
AND you can just kill them by going around.

This is a perfect example of you ignoring enemies just so you could pretend that the encounter is somehow unfair.
Do you have any goddamn idea how sad that makes you look?

>guys the game is so full of enemy ambushes because you see if I run past these enemies then they will follow me and hit me in the back! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT WOULD HAPPEN? BEEEE TEEEAM
>>
File: scholar.png (2 MB, 1173x1080) Image search: [Google]
scholar.png
2 MB, 1173x1080
No one has come this far, not for a very long while.
Young Hollow, do you wish to shed this curse?
Then accept the fate of your ilk, and face the trials that await you.
Unless, you have already joined the crestfallen.

Young Hollow, there are but two paths. Inherit the order of this world, or destroy it.
But only a true monarch can make such a choice.
Very few, indeed, have come even this far.
And yet, your journey is far from over.
Half-grown Hollow, have you what it takes, truly?

Life is brilliant. Beautiful. It enchants us, to the point of obsession.
Some are true to their purpose, though they are but shells, flesh and mind.
One man lost his own body, but lingered on, as a head.
Others chase the charms of love, however elusive.
What is it that drives you?

Once, the Lord of Light banished Dark, and all that stemmed from humanity.
And men assumed a fleeting form.
These are the roots of our world.
Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.
Young Hollow, knowing this, do you still desire peace?
>>
>>336456167
Bosses and larger enemies should not be staggerable anyways without taking a ridiculous amount of damage first. You can literally perma-pancake 90% of the enemies in the game with a single R2 from a great weapon, and you're bitching that you can't do it to bosses and special enemies as well?

Poise has always been a shit mechanic anyways. Stunlocking enemies is retarded
>>
>>336456462
>and you're bitching that you can't do it to bosses and special enemies as well?
Buuut annoon I could slap on havels and stunlock bosses in DS1 are you saying that taking away my crutch was a good thing?
>>
>>336456407
did not agro for me. again, does new game+ keep unlocked bonfires I can show you

also calm down I dont even care about enemy placement, my biggest gripe is that B team has too many retards that dont know what pacing means
>>
File: 1426186012112.png (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1426186012112.png
42 KB, 300x300
>>336456345
Well either way, you're wrong.
It's an extremely visible 'gank' and you'd have to be stupid to fall for it. You have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>>336451238
why the fuck do they make you start with 1 gem
>>
>>336456449

Aldia better shows up somewhere in the DLC. Would be fun to see him wage war with the serpents and you get to pick a side.
>>
>>336456449
There's something about the Dark 2 dialogue that irks me. Something about the way everyone talks.
I can't really put my finger on it, but it's like everyone is trying their hardest to sound cool and mysterious. Especially the Emerald Herald. It really annoyed me.
>>
>>336456407
Just ignore him.
He's clearly just a retard who runs past everything and wonders why he gets backstabbed then goes to /v/ and blames B-Team for being bad at video games.
>>
>>336456625
read>>336456560

I dont even care, ur the one defending this shit, I actually had an easy run thru every souls game, but the pacing was genuinely annoying

and i'm not wrong, the second guy only drops once ur in the corridor, fukken deal w/ it
>>
File: 1363155549790.gif (80 KB, 170x207) Image search: [Google]
1363155549790.gif
80 KB, 170x207
>>336456558
>>336456462
>mfw everyone seems to think that From disabling poise in DaS3 was an accident
yea they just accidentally disabled the system that made combat in dark souls so bland and braindead
>>
>>336456560
Nigga that shit is still 100% your fault because you can get up to the platform they are on.
Now go to them walk down the the door on the at the bottom of the stairs and walk back up again.
Wow miracles happened one of the knights jumped down! and the other soon follows suit

Why do you feel the need to just lie about the game nigga?
What do you hope to prove? Who are you hoping to convince by just lying and pretending things dont work the way they work just so you could bitch about your made up scenario.
>>
>>336446121
It doesn't have the one-handed R2 thrust that I really liked from DS1, though, that made me sad. That versatility was what drew me to the longsword in the first place (well, that and the classic imagery).
>>
>>336456743
nice argument, I found das2 to be easiest due to adp
>>336456797
dude, does new game+ keep the bonfires or not, I am genuinely getting annoyed by your stupidity
>>
>>336456762

They fucked up for sure. Either they disabled poise by accident. Or they did that on purpose. But then they left shit like the wolf's ring/Yhorn's greatshield and a weapon...I think it was the lothric knight spear that increased poise in.
>>
>>336456762
>poise
>somehow making combat LESS bland and braindead
Anon what the actual fuck are you smoking?
Literally the only thing poise does is make the more blad because you can just mash R1 without a care in the world since you have more health than all the common enemies and bosses and you out DPS them easily.
>>
File: Aldia_at_Dragon_Shrine.png (883 KB, 1018x636) Image search: [Google]
Aldia_at_Dragon_Shrine.png
883 KB, 1018x636
Young Hollow.
How you grapple, without falter, with this dreadfully twisted world.

Peace grants men the illusion of life.
Shackled by falsehoods, they yearn for love, unaware of its grand illusion.
Until, the curse touches their flesh.
We are bound by this yoke.
As true as the Dark that churns within men.

All men trust fully the illusion of life.
But is this so wrong?
A construction, a facade, and yet…
A world full of warmth and resplendence.
Young Hollow, are you intent on shattering the yoke, spoiling this wonderful falsehood?

I am Aldia.
I sought to shed the yoke of fate, but failed.
Now, I only await an answer.
Seek the throne.
Seek light, Dark and what lies beyond…
>>
>>336456867
Use the sun sword nigga.

It has the one handed thrust, and is a fucking fantastic weapon with great damage, double A scaling in str and dex, is fast, light, buffable and is long as the long sword.

Annoying to get but worth it.
>>
>>336456883
Why do you even need NG+ nigga, did you actually die 16 times to OIK so that the enemies despawned or what?
If you did then ha ha holy shit just go join CoC to respawn them
>>
File: whipspider.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
whipspider.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>336455972
>LOL LETS PUT 4x THE ENEMIES EVERYWHERE THAT'LL BE HARD RIGHT
For SotFS sure.
>LEL LETS GIVE ENEMIES INFINITE FUCKING STAMINA SO THEY CAN HIT THAT GIANT AXE 20 TIMES IN A ROW THAT'LL BE FUN RIGHT!?
That was one enemy though, everything else was fine.
>KEK LETS GIVE BOSSES PRACTICALLY INFINITE POISE AS WELL AS DOING THE SAME FOR BIG ENEMIES, SO THAT EVEN THE POISE DAMAGE RING WITH A GREATHAMMER DOES NOTHING, FUCK IT, LETS MAKE POISE PRACTICALLY USELESS FOR THE PLAYERS AS WELL BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE HARD
That's wrong though, you can break poise to a lot of the bosses rather easily, not with a dinky little sword and if you keep backing up, poise is a meter in DaS2, and as such you gotta keep attacking for it to happen, poise is also useful in pvp as well, the idea behind it being so bad is that the weapons have a huge ammount of poise damage, but if you could dodge running attacks and sprinting attacks, it would make you a huge threat.
>LETS PUT AMBUSHES EVERYWHERE
Not different from the other games though.
>ORNSTIEN AND SMOUGH WAS TOUGH SO LETS HAVE EVERY 3RD BOSS FIGHT HAVE MULTIPLE ENEMIES IN IT BECAUSE HARDER = GOODER
This, I do agree with this, some were ok, but a lot of this was just bad design.
>I-FRAMES ARE NOW A STAT BECAUSE ROLLING IS OP
Agree with this too.
>ARMOUR IS STILL COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS ON EVERY RUN AFTER NG GOOD IDEA
Lol, lrn2fashion, but seriously, by NG+ you already have good frames for your roll anyways.
>LETS MAKE BLEED FUCKING USELESS AND ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO PROC ON ANYTHING
This actually made me a bit mad, and I'm glad it's back in 3, though you can't dual fucking wield in 3.
>EVEN WEAK ENEMIES ALL HAVE HYPER POISE AND ATTACKS DO NOTHING TO THEM WHEN THEY ATTACK YOU
This is actually somehwat good better than DaS3 at least, because in DaS3 you can R1 spam a large ammount of enemies, having a straight sword makes most of them a walking joke, it's pretty sad.
Not saying you're wrong, subjective and all, just giving my 2 cents.
>>
File: 1423206913427.jpg (754 KB, 1523x1762) Image search: [Google]
1423206913427.jpg
754 KB, 1523x1762
>>336456761
>I dont even care
No of course not.

You just criticized the game for throwing cheap enemies behind you, but when you got called out on it you started shitposting and backpedaling.
>>
>>336457002
I am at the start of new game plus u stupid idiot
>>336457049
i did not criticize, guy asked me for examples and i gave them, then u sperg out cuz u have mental issues
>>
What brazen insolence!
You…forever you shall rot…
>>
>>336447404
>Torch in DS3 is unlimited use, with little to no use
And the biggest use (fucking blood-sucking maggot mother fuckers...) is one that most people won't even think to try on their own, if they even look closely enough at their character to notice what it is that causes them to keep gaining bleed buildup.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.