[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just want to enjoy the campaign in peace. Is that too much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 17
File: 26774054495_db8d2fded5_b.jpg (270 KB, 829x1024) Image search: [Google]
26774054495_db8d2fded5_b.jpg
270 KB, 829x1024
I just want to enjoy the campaign in peace. Is that too much to ask? Why is there so much hate and hostility?
>>
Because both the fanbase and the haters are cancerous faggots.
>>
because it's not muh CoD to a lot of people. They can fuck off because I liked the future shit of AW and BO3 better than almost all of the modern games.
>>
>>336430462
no OP, i'm with you. let the BFags cry and get cucked by this masterpiece.
>>
>>336430898
Same here, anon. Never understood the point of "muh realism" in games
>>
>>336430462
because for some reason it's still cool to hate CoD

>>336431048
andthentheresthisnigger.jpg
>>
>>336430462
So?
People saying ''LOL COD SUX'' will prevent you from playing the campaign?
Are you that much of a manchild that you can't enjoy something unless the rest do so too?
>>
>>336431048
>let the BFags cry and get cucked by this masterpiece.
Actually, I'm hoping the new Battlefield has a good campaign, too.

BF3 was a BLACK remake.
BF4 was Behind Enemy Lines in China.
BF5 could be anything. DICE have head-hunted some really good talent over the years from Remedy and Starbreeze and such. Rumour has it it might be a WWI FPS, which is something you basically never see.

Also, EA do really good deals on the Battlefield a few months after release, so I can pick the game up for a reasonable price. I did that for Hardline, and I thought the campaign was absolutely fantastic. I would probably have bought it for full price, to be honest.
>>
>>336431048
>BFfags

>>336430462
>cowadooty apologist

Holy shit, the underage fucks fighting over CoD and BF on youtube years ago are now here?
Jesus fucking christ, this place has really fallen apart.
>>
We had 7 years of the what was essentially the same game (MW-Ghosts), I liked some of those games a lot but it's time for a change. It's not even that big of a change, there are just more movement options now and it's faster paced.
>>
>>336431315
>People saying ''LOL COD SUX'' will prevent you from playing the campaign?
Not really, anon. It's just such an unpleasant atmosphere. It's like trying to eat a really nice burger that you enjoy eating once a month when there are these screaming, howling protestors standing outside.
>>
>>336431478
So what?
CoD stories, no matter how much you enjoy them, are not worth discussing over, so why does the atmosphere in the cancerous YouTube comments affect your enjoyment of the campaign?
>>
>>336431449
>We had 7 years of the what was essentially the same game (MW-Ghosts), I liked some of those games a lot but it's time for a change. It's not even that big of a change, there are just more movement options now and it's faster paced.
I find it bewildering that people have forgotten Call of Duty Ghosts had multiple missions set in space, complete with zero-G combat and getting sucked out into vacuum from an airlock breach. And these people see the player flying a fighter craft in space and suddenly lose their shit despite heaps of CoD games having flying sections, going back to Black Ops, and probably earlier somewhere.
>>
>>336431048
I don't even care about Battlefield anymore

Fuck Activision and fuck EA
>>
>>336431254
yeah, wow right?
>>
>>336431649
The people that get mad don't seem like they play the campaigns.
>>
What I find sad is that the three studios are making futuristic shooters now.
Black Ops 3, Advanced Warfare and now Infinite Warfare.

At least have some variety, BO3 already felt very similar to AW.
>>
>>336431545
>CoD stories, no matter how much you enjoy them, are not worth discussing over
Call of Duty: Black Ops and Black Ops II had some of the best videogame writing ever put to screen.
>>
Focus tested garbage
Eat shit and die
>>
>>336430462
>BO2 needed 2GB RAM
>Ghosts needed at least 4 or it stuttered like hell
>AW needed 8 or the same
>BO3 needed 16

COD is my guilty pleasure, but holy shit the PC port shittyness has escalated over the last years.
>>
>>336431920
Edgy
>>
>>336431872
They are fine, and above average among shooters, but it's still just Die Hard-tier stories.
They are good, they fulfill what they set out to do in a satisfying way, but they are not specially good in writing.
>>
File: 234799134.gif (2 MB, 235x180) Image search: [Google]
234799134.gif
2 MB, 235x180
>>336431983
>he doesn't know one of the most recognizable video game quotes out there
>>
Serious question, why is call of duty still one of the only fps where the kills feel satisfying? I swear, despite the flaws of each cod and my own issues with it, no other game can produce the feeling properly.
>>
>>336431945
The technological jump between BO2 and Ghosts is massive. Ghosts to AW, not so much. BO3 is just a strangely coded game with a shitload of volumetric lighting.
>>
>>336432920
Are you kidding?
It was AW the one that was a massive jump.
Ghosts barely looked better than MW3.
>>
>>336430462
After reading more about the campaign, It sounds... interesting

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/05/03/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-has-more-in-common-with-mass-effect-than-we-expected.aspx
>>
File: ghosts84xiaa.jpg (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
ghosts84xiaa.jpg
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>336432961
>Ghosts barely looked better than MW3.
Nonsense. The texture quality jump is insane. The game even has Nvidia fur technology just because, something neither AW nor BOIII have. Plus the game has tessellation.

MW3 was distinctly a 7th gen game. Ghosts is distinctly an 8th gen one.
>>
Anyone else think a modern ww1/2 shooter would be great? It's a shame that this industry is so susceptible to trends because no one would do "yet another" world war shooter even though it feels like it has been a decade since the last good one.
>>
>>336433276
>Anyone else think a modern ww1/2 shooter would be great?
Enemy Front was great, but the internet hates it because reasons.
>It's a shame that this industry is so susceptible to trends because no one would do "yet another" world war shooter even though it feels like it has been a decade since the last good one.
There's also the fact WWII isn't exactly a great setting when it comes to telling action-packed "cinematic" war stories with visceral combat that preferably goes INTO SPACE.
>>
>>336430462
I've been playing CoD since the first one came out when I was a kid. CoD4-MW3 I loved and played all the fucking time. Then I feel like they added "game communism" where people who suck can do well, because they want to boost sales. Then the quality declined and the selling out began. Infinite Warfare honestly looks like autistic. I don't understand how they could go from being a U.S. Army soldier to a retard flying future spaceman
>>
>>336430462
>I just want to enjoy the campaign in peace.

What's stopping you? Are you a woman?
>>
>>336432961
>>336433230
Like, seriously. Ghosts even has screen space reflections, something people jizzed over when Advanced Warfare revealed it had them.

About the only tech advantage AW has over Ghosts was the facial capture system. And AW was missing a number of Ghosts' tech features.
>>
File: ghosts11l7sjl.jpg (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
ghosts11l7sjl.jpg
2 MB, 1680x1050
Ghosts was a victim of the "I don't like the art design, therefore the graphics are shit" fallacy.
>>
File: 1456217302822.jpg (52 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
1456217302822.jpg
52 KB, 640x359
>>336433510
>letting the retards on /v/ tell you what to play/enjoy
I mean something has to be wrong in his head right?
>>
>>336430462
Do you remember your life before the internet?
>>
>>336436520
>Do you remember your life before the internet?
It was great.
>>
>>336433705
Or its also a victim of "game is shit because the game is shit"

God, this franchise needs a bullet in the brain. It's the breeding ground for everything wrong with the industry and needs to fuck off, Sony's E3 is going to be a laugh
>>
>>336430707
Ye ye ye ye fuc da h8as
>>
>>336437081
What is wrong with Ghosts?
>>
File: 1459267846158.jpg (160 KB, 686x521) Image search: [Google]
1459267846158.jpg
160 KB, 686x521
>>336430707
>>336430898
>>336431048
Now I remember why we vilify the CoD community every year, besides it being a community for a mediocre cash grab series.
>>
>>336436598
No- one on here remembers life before the internet because they are all about 14.
>>
>>336437187
There's nothing wrong with Ghosts. Best CoD since WaW. Biggest multiplayer maps too.
>>
>>336437230
How is Call of Duty a cash grab when they're clearly blowing all their money on the insanely expensive campaigns that take years, and hundreds of the best developers in the games industry, to make?
>>
What you need to Know about this COD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xbxpTXia6I&ab_channel=KaozMaker
>>
>>336437583

You're clearly retarded if you can't realize it.
>>
>>336437743
You're clearly retarded if you can't explain it.
>>
>>336430462
>buying cod for a campaign
>wasting 60$ for a 4-6 hour campaign
>caring about cod fans
ayy lmao
>>
>>336437583
>they're clearly blowing all their money on the insanely expensive campaigns that take years, and hundreds of the best developers in the games industry
My fucking sides.
>>
>>336437858
>>buying cod for a campaign
Why not?
>>wasting 60$ for a 4-6 hour campaign
You do realise the original CoD was 7 hours long, right? Why the hell is campaign length suddenly a problem? A lot of classic FPS games were only a few hours long.

>>336438525
Do you ever look at the credits of a Call of Duty or Battlefield game?
>>
>>336439028
At how all those people who worked on making an extremely linear 3 hour long campaign voiced by has-beens?
Yeah, I do.
And if these were some of the best developers they would be making ambitious games, not rehashed shooters on a steroid pumped Quake 3 engine.
>>
>>336439117
>At how all those people who worked on making an extremely linear 3 hour long campaign voiced by has-beens?
3 hours is a massive exaggeration. Most are 6-10 hours long.

>And if these were some of the best developers they would be making ambitious games, not rehashed shooters on a steroid pumped Quake 3 engine.
You mean like the Naughty Dog people who defected to work for Infinity Ward? You do realise a lot of developers cream their pants at the notion of working on a story-driven FPS game like call of Duty?

How do you think they convinced the lead developer of Max Payne 2 and Alan Wake to direct Battlefield 4, with a bunch of ex-Starbreeze people under him?

How do you think they convinced the Dead Space team to make Battlefield: Hardline?
>>
>>336439653
>You do realise a lot of developers cream their pants at the notion of working on a story-driven FPS game like call of Duty?
Of course everyone wants to work on making scripted linear shooter campaigns.
The work is minimal and the pays are high.

>How do you think they convinced the lead developer of Max Payne 2 and Alan Wake to direct Battlefield 4, with a bunch of ex-Starbreeze people under him?
They offered a shit ton of money.

>How do you think they convinced the Dead Space team to make Battlefield: Hardline?
They offered a shit ton of money.
>>
File: cyber bullying.jpg (72 KB, 537x399) Image search: [Google]
cyber bullying.jpg
72 KB, 537x399
>>336430462
Is /v/ banging on your windows at night and sending you death threats to keep you from playing? Why would you let opinions of losers on the internet affect your enjoyment of a video game? Is your self-esteem really that low?

Pathetic
>>
>>336439739
>The work is minimal and the pays are high.
They're one of the hardest genres to pull off. The more highly scripted a game is, the more people it takes to make. That's why Battlefield 3 had, IIRC, an SP to MP team ration of 3 to 1.

How delusional are people? These games are in development for 2-3 years for a reason. A single set piece can be in development for months.
>>
>>336439958
>one of the hardest to pull off
What?
They are linear levels with absolutely no variety.
>These games are in development for 2-3 years for a reason
Up until AW they were in development for less than 2, in fact, MW3 was made in 9 months due to all the issues with Infinity Ward.

They are a complete waste in every single way.
>>
>>336437583
>Call of Duty cost $40 million to $50 million to produce
>Including marketing expenses and the cost of producing and distributing discs, the launch budget was $200 million
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/nov/18/business/fi-ct-duty18
>>
>>336430462
retard
>>
>>336431449
>waw
>Black ops
>Black ops 2
>Ghosts

None of these can be classed as "modern warfare".
>>
>>336440057
>They are linear levels with absolutely no variety.
Have you even PLAYED one of these games? Do you have any idea how much work it takes to have AI companions who open doors for you?
>in fact, MW3 was made in 9 months due to all the issues with Infinity Ward.
Citation needed. MW3 was a Sledgehammer game that IW assisted with.
>They are a complete waste in every single way.
In other words, you just hate the genre.
>>
>>336440470
Ghosts is set in the near future, and all the technology is real-world tech. How is it not modern warfare?
>>
>>336440519
You mean the braindead AIs that move when there's no enemies to pretedermined paths?
Yeah, I bet that takes a fuckload of work.

>Citation needed. MW3 was a Sledgehammer game that IW assisted with.
Exactly, and it took them 9 months because of the IW fallout, it was everywhere back when MW3 launched.

>In other words, you just hate the genre.
No, I just find these campaigns pointless and that they just keep doing them because they are easy to make.

The stories are shit, the levels are generic, and there's no challenge.
Pointless.
>>
>>336440571
>Space combat
>Super weapons
>>
>>336440649
>You mean the braindead AIs that move when there's no enemies to pretedermined paths?
That's an oversimplification. They need to be able to adapt to environmental changes, being injured, player meddling, etc.
>Yeah, I bet that takes a fuckload of work.
Thousands of hours of blood, sweat, and tears. And then an NPC randomly gets stuck and everyone mocks the "bad AI".
>Exactly, and it took them 9 months because of the IW fallout, it was everywhere back when MW3 launched.
CITATION NEEDED. Prove the game was made in nine months. It took nine months to salvage Singularity back in the day. It took nine months to salvage Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Making a game like Modern Warfare 3 in nine months would be pretty amazing.

>No, I just find these campaigns pointless and that they just keep doing them because they are easy to make.
They're not easy to make, you idiot. Respawn Entertainment ran out of money trying to make Titanfall's campaign. If they were so easy to make, surely they wouldn't have almost crashed the game into the ground due a lack of funds.
>>
File: dead space.png (14 KB, 239x270) Image search: [Google]
dead space.png
14 KB, 239x270
>>336439653
The Dead Space team didn't have much choice because EA already royally fucked their franchise up and killed it for not meeting unrealistic expectations. Yes I'm still mad.
>>
>>336440874
>Making a game like Modern Warfare 3 in nine months would be pretty amazing.
Not him but...
Why?
It's one of the shortest campaigns in the franchise, the co-op mode reuses maps, and the MP maps aren't anything special.
Plus they didn't even touch the engine, in fact, I think MW3 looked worse than MW2.
>>
>>336440665
>>Space combat
Doable.
>>Super weapons
Also doable. You don't need anything special to fire a gun in space besides a way to dissipate heat. They are really nothing special. Don't forget that the space mission in Ghosts was recycled from a planned mission from Modern Warfare.
>>
>>336440949
Because it doesn't matter if you've got the maps. 90% of the work comes from the scripting. You can spend weeks making a scene where NPCs cross a road with traffic. You can spend weeks on a scene where the characters get into a car, drive 200 meters, and get out again.

All that shit adds up. Then you've got to carefully polish every section of the campaign. Make sure it flows right. Do rewrites if the story isn't going down well with playtesters. Try to solve unexpected bugs.
>>
>>336441109
But they are not polished, the AI fucks it up all the time.
And why would they even care about rewrites?
Nobody gives a fuck about the story of this.
>>
>>336441109
>rewrites
Took me long enough to realize this is bait.
Have a good day trying to prove that the pathetic campaigns of these rehashes are somehow difficult to make, just don't complain when all of /v/ laughs at your petty ignorance.
>>
>>336441180
>And why would they even care about rewrites?
Because the story is literally the most important thing? Why the hell do you think they hired David S Goyer and Stephen Gaghan to write Call of Duty games?

Heck, why do you think Crysis 2 and Syndicate's developers hired Richard K. Morgan to write them?

You may not care, but most people care about the story in their games.
>>
>>336441304
>why do you think Crysis 2 and Syndicate's developers hired Richard K. Morgan to write them?
And you think that mattered when both games had garbage stories?
They may hire known names, but they are making shooters, they are not going to put any effort because they are only in for the money.

>Why the hell do you think they hired David S Goyer and Stephen Gaghan to write Call of Duty games?
So they could say
>HEY GUYS, THE STORY IS WRITTEN BY DAVID S GOYER

Let's have a laugh, which CODs campaigns did these guys write?
>>
>>336441246
You... people do realise that videogame storylines often change during development, right? That's why trailers often have different lines, different takes, or subtle differences to the final product.

Or do you think Metal Gear Solid V's plot remain unchanged throughout development?
>>
>>336441457
Story centric games?
Sure.

But these shooters?
Nobody cares enough for that, and the devs KNOW nobody cares about the stories.
>>
File: RorkeIsLove.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
RorkeIsLove.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>336441410
>And you think that mattered when both games had garbage stories?
They had great stories. Crysis 2 had some especially brilliant writing. Sorry you didn't like them.
>>336441410
>Let's have a laugh, which CODs campaigns did these guys write?
Goyer wrote Black Ops and Black Ops II. Gaghan wrote Ghosts.

>>336441523
>But these shooters?
>Nobody cares enough for that, and the devs KNOW nobody cares about the stories.
Treyarch declared that the death of campaigns and the death of storytelling is the death of society.

These developers don't care about MP, because the MP is handled by completely different teams. These people live to make story-driven games.

Why is it so hard for fuckwits to understand? The campaign is where 75% of the budget goes. It is what the games are entirely marketed on.

60% of players finish these campaigns.

PEOPLE CARE.
>>
>>336441761
>Goyer wrote Black Ops and Black Ops II. Gaghan wrote Ghosts.
Exactly.
And they are still generic stories.

>Treyarch declared that the death of campaigns and the death of storytelling is the death of society.

Nobody is going to mourn the death of storytelling in these games because there's no stories worth telling, and 20 years of FPS games have proved that because not a single one has managed to be more than straight-to-DVD Steven Seagal movie-tier story.
>>
>>336441761
>They had great stories. Crysis 2 had some especially brilliant writing. Sorry you didn't like them.
What the fuck.
Where?
Where's the good writing?
It was a generic story about evil aliens invading New York and using a virus to kill people.
You win in the end and kill all the evil aliens in the end.
>>
>>336441761
>Why is it so hard for fuckwits to understand? The campaign is where 75% of the budget goes. It is what the games are entirely marketed on.
I really hope you don't believe this because even as someone that enjoys CoD campaigns for what they are, if they were doing what you say they are and proud of it they'd churn out something a lot longer.
>>
>>336441915
>You win in the end and kill all the evil aliens in the end.
No, you don't. You commit suicide at the end of Crysis 2.

Ironically, though, I think Crysis 3 had better writing, by Steven Hall. Utterly fantastic game, that one.
>>
>>336442204
>No, you don't. You commit suicide at the end of Crysis 2.
Yes, and Prophet AI takes over.
Where's the good writing?

>Crysis 3 had better writing
>''The aliens are not defeated, the big bad is still alive, we have to kill him.''
That's Crysis 3.
>>
>>336430462
hopefully the series will end up being a FPS with giant robot in space
>>
>>336442048
>I really hope you don't believe this because even as someone that enjoys CoD campaigns for what they are, if they were doing what you say they are and proud of it they'd churn out something a lot longer.
They CAN'T. The higher the production values, the shorter the game they can make in the time span they're given. Also, making the game longer with padding never works.

It takes two years of extremely hard work and sleepless nights to make a 6 hour campaign with heavy scripting. More scripting = more development time needed. Battlefield 3's campaign team was massive.
>>
>>336442275
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

*The darkness of space swallows Prophet*

NO!

*Prophet stops the aliens by hacking an orbital weapon*

REMEMBER ME.

That's Crysis 3.
>>
>>336442418
>NO!
God, that's some god-tier writing, I almost cried.
>>
>>336442418
I really hope this is bait.
I refuse to believe an underage fuck who thinks Crysis 3 has good writing is now part of /v/
>>
>>336442472
>God, that's some god-tier writing, I almost cried.
I did actually cry when Prophet thought that all was lost. He'd given up his body, his mind, and it wasn't enough.

But he had something. Something the Ceph would would never have or understand. So Prophet was able to go beyond his limits, to crawl from the darkness of despair, and fight.

A post-human warrior.

Prophet.

It's just like my Japanese animes, but actually good.
>>
File: nothing true everything bait.png (108 KB, 1200x1330) Image search: [Google]
nothing true everything bait.png
108 KB, 1200x1330
>>336442736
Work harder on it.
>>
>>336442530
Have you actually played Crysis 3?
>>
>>336437583
you're trying way too hard.
>>
>>336441761

>Crysis 2 had some especially brilliant writing

the player character being basically a bunch of flesh goop and entrails encased in a high-tech container was a novel concept (and completely stolen from 40k (it's actually used in a bunch of classic scifi literature but the hacks who wrote Crysis 2 definitely got it from 40k))
>>
So how is this bad, exactly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrFuD2BJUbQ
>>
>>336430462
So we're going to space to shoot colonists? I like it. Shame we're not invading and killing aliens.
>>
>>336442951
Since when was Richard K. Morgan considered a hack?
>>
crysis 1 was the best game and had the best character too
>Nomad
>>
>>336443224
Nomad wasn't even a character.
>>
File: space-610x343.jpg (70 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
space-610x343.jpg
70 KB, 610x343
>>336441761

also i can't believe i don't remember this scene, Ghosts was so fucking unbelievably bland and forgettable

only thing i remember is the space opening (and then the space closing, because we need to milk these unique assets a bit more. what's that? also make a space multiplayer map that would actually introduce some novel 6DOF gameplay? fuck off, you're fired. don't ever talk to me or my franchise again.)
>>
>>336443269
>also i can't believe i don't remember this scene, Ghosts was so fucking unbelievably bland and forgettable
Except it had two of the greatest missions in the entire series: Clockwork and Federation Day. Unforgettable, brilliant missions. Clockwork makes All Ghillied Up look dated.
>>
>>336442984
Absolutely generic.
Every single line is a cliche thath as been used for years.
>>
>>336443249
so is the 2 other that died then they barely had more dialogue and backstory than him
>>
>>336443269
>also make a space multiplayer map that would actually introduce some novel 6DOF gameplay? fuck off, you're fired. don't ever talk to me or my franchise again.)
The MP was made by a different team, pandering to an audience that hates change. Why would anything from the campaign appear in the MP besides some recycled maps?
>>
>>336443415
I played Ghosts back when it came out.
All I remember is that there's a mission in space.
>>
>>336443473
>so is the 2 other that died then they barely had more dialogue and backstory than him
Are you dissin' Psycho? A man who feels broken and useless without his nanosuit, but is the real hero because he is a man of flesh and blood?
>>
>>336443550
>BUAH BUAH, I HAVE NO TOYS
That's bald marine #4190831290's character in Futuristic Shooter Sequel #12873199231
>>
>>336443792
Are you retarded?
>>
>>336430462
i saw the dislikes on the trailer, and thought wow, i guess it's bad?

i saw the trailer myself, and right there knew it was trolls. and it was, actually.

first, i loved the boosting and futuristic shit.

now it's in fucking space. instead of piloting some gay ass tank on the ground, you're in a fucking space ship, shooting other fucking space ships. holy shit. there is fucking android or whatever the fuck, actual maps in space?

i think it looks really fucking cool. and i know how call of duty plays, so what the fuck? i'll get it
>>
>>336444281
What trailer?
>>
>>336430462
are people knocking at your door when you play games they hate? no? then enjoy your game
>>
>>336444383
infinite warfare reveal trailer
>>
>>336444383
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeF3UTkCoxY
>>
>>336444413
Pretty cool.
>>
>>336444281
The CoD fanbase is full of literal children and selfish shitheads. We've finally reached the point where looking at trailer reactions is completely useless.
>>
>>336430462
Wait, is this one space themed?
Shit if it is i'll actually buy it.
>>
>>336430462
It looks like a great sci-fi game. Titanfall came close but the whole no single player story missed that opportunity, still love that game to death though.
I probably won't be able to play it though, won't be getting a next gen console anytime soon , maybe in 5 years when I buy a PS4 or Xbone on Craigslist for $100, I'll pick them up then.

I look forward to the next Battlefield too, running around with only a revolver and bolt action rifle in Insurgency got me hyped for trench warfare.
>>
>>336445260
>Wait, is this one space themed?
Yes. They've basically taken the surprise attack from space from Ghosts and built a sci-fi game around the same idea. You'll spend a fair bit of time on earth, but you can also fly around in your craft and visit Saturn or something like that.

The execution will be where the game is made or broken, though.
>>
>>336445351
>It looks like a great sci-fi game. Titanfall came close but the whole no single player story missed that opportunity, still love that game to death though.
The only reason Titanfall didn't have a campaign is because they ran out of money. Titanfall 2 is getting a "science vs magic" campaign penned by Jesse Stern (Modern Warfare, Battlefield 4.) Interestingly, Final Fantasy XV and its prequel film are also a science vs magic story. It seems to to be the new chic.

>I look forward to the next Battlefield too, running around with only a revolver and bolt action rifle in Insurgency got me hyped for trench warfare.
I am very curious about Battlefield 5. There's a 99% chance they'll reveal it with a dramatic campaign footage trailer.

PLEASE FIND A WAY TO INSERT OUT OF CONTEXT 80s POWER BALLADS INTO WWII, DICE.
>>
How has no one mentioned the mw remaster updgrade shits looking cash as fuck
>>
>>336430462
EA shills
>>
>>336445669
>How has no one mentioned the mw remaster updgrade shits looking cash as fuck
It looks like a quality remaster. If only other developers would put this much care into re-releasing their old games.

But some people are really angry because you have to buy CoD: IW to get it, currently. It's a $20 extra.
>>
>>336437081
You need a bullet to the brain along with ur momma
>>
>>336443415

The best mission in the entire series is War Pig. You pick the mission from the menu, the game takes 2.5 seconds to load (God bless 2007 technology), the camera does a smash zoom into a soldiers head and the shooting starts. There's an M1 Abrams driving through the streets that you ostensibly need to follow, but actually you're free to traverse the level at your own pace with zero dialogue, zero cutscenes, zero scripted sections, zero waiting for an NPC to open a door, zero "↓ FOLLOW" markers to follow.

If you have 10 minutes to burn before something it's the perfect thing to boot up and have a blast with.

Clockwork and Federation Day, and 90% of all CoD missions are complete shitfests by comparison.
>>
>>336440470
Black ops 2 takes place in the future, ghost in the near future
>>
>>336445494
>The only reason Titanfall didn't have a campaign is because they ran out of money.
It would take them not even a fucking month to use in game assets and a few voice actors to crap out a 5 hours long goddamned single player campain/tutorial for the online campaign.

They didn't put one in there because they wanted it to be an online only affair ala destiny and they didn't even want to dick around with crapping out a story.
>>
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/271777/CALL_OF_DUTY_INFINITE_WARFARE_REDEFINES_THE_FRANCHISE_WITHCLASSIC_WAR_STORY_IN_A_BOLD_NEW_SETTING.php

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare puts storytelling in a narrative. Infinity Ward breaks ground by exploring weight and its responsibilites. In a time of adversity, the player, as Captain of their warship, must take command against an enemy. Soldiers are thrust into circumstances that will test their training and reveal their character as they learn to lead and make decisions necessary to achieve victory. The game also introduces environments, weaponry and abilites to Call of Duty. The campaign - from combat to fighters - occurs as an experience with loading times and delivers franchise moments that fans love.
>>
>>336446161
>It would take them not even a fucking month to use in game assets and a few voice actors to crap out a 5 hours long goddamned single player campain/tutorial for the online campaign.
You're delusional.
>They didn't put one in there because they wanted it to be an online only affair ala destiny and they didn't even want to dick around with crapping out a story.
Titanfall had a campaign right up until they ran out of money and had to be bailed out by Microsoft.
>They didn't put one in there because they wanted it to be an online only affair ala destiny and they didn't even want to dick around with crapping out a story.
Which explains why the first thing they did when making Titanfall 2 was to hire Jesse Stern to write the campaign.
>>
>>336443415

http://youtubedoubler.com/ieZO

Like, I don't get the appeal of the 'game' being 'played' on the right at all

Regards,
>>336446040
>>
>>336446224
It's incredible how many words there are and how little they tell.
>>
>>336446441
That's because you need a game where you run from one waypoint marker to the next for the entire game, like CoD4.
>>
>>336447284

As opposed to?
>>
>>336447414
A game like Ghosts where a mission might have two or three objective markers, the rest of the time you're following your nose or being guided by dialogue.
>>
>>336446040
War Pig and the mission that came before it were some of the best in the series. Charlie Don't Surf was also comfy as hell, I always liked the U.S. missions more than the S.A.S. missions though they did little to progress the actual story.

Fuck Activision for actually making me consider purchasing Infinite Warfare just for MWR.
>>
>>336447612

More like you're being pulled by your nose or being forced to watch dialogue. Did you play the same game as the rest of us?
>>
>>336441856
> 20 years of FPS games have proved that because not a single one has managed to be more than straight-to-DVD Steven Seagal movie-tier story.
what is system shock 2, deus ex, half life 1 and 2, bioshock, wolfenstein the new order and the old blood, and many more

just because you don't look for them doesn't mean they dont exist
>>
File: hackticool.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hackticool.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
I have always enjoyed the CoD campaigns but I wouldn't pay $60 considering they are generally 6 or so hours long.

I have no interest in MP.
>>
File: mmm.jpg (236 KB, 1120x840) Image search: [Google]
mmm.jpg
236 KB, 1120x840
>>336450780
I pirated that last COD game, but it was so fucking buggy and badly ported that it wasn't worth it in the end.
>>
>>336437583
The shilling is real boys
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.