[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think Doom 3 is a good game based strictly upon its own merits.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: #KillAllMen.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
#KillAllMen.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
I think Doom 3 is a good game based strictly upon its own merits. It's just not a great representation of the classic Doom.
>>
>>336405805
I think Doom 3 has no merits, other than looking ridiculously awesome back in the days, and thus pushing the PC tech forward by a mile, alongside with HL2.

every element it has is merely a cheap ripoff of some other product, and the meat and bone of any FPS game, the shooting, is extremely badly done.
>>
>>336405805
>It's just not a great representation of the classic Doom.
Correct.
Neither is D44M.
But D44M looks more like the original than Doom 3.
>>
bamp
>>
>>336405805
I have thought something like this with RE4

it is a good game of its own merits, but not a good representative of name before that time
>>
The computer interfaces in this game were fucking sweet.
>>
the RE* name
>>
>>336407219
>D44M

Please, fucking stop.
>>
>>336405805
>not a good representation of Doom

I actually partially disagree with this. I think the game was a good representation of a very specific aspect of Doom.

>Lighting Engine
Doom was pretty revolutionary when it cam out because of its vector-based lighting system. It was really showcased in E1M2 in the maze-like computer room with strobe lighting. This is VERY similar to the effect Doom 3 tried to invoke.
>>
Have we gotten a definitive yes or no on splitscreen multiplayer for Doom 4? Because it looks like it would actually be a great splitscreen deathmatch game to play with friends, especially with the Timesplitters-style mapmaker.
>>
>>336409128
What people tend to forget about RE4, though, is that when it released people were sick to death of classic RE. The series had become incredibly formulaic.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.