[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dawn of War III thread >Article By PC Gamer: cdn.mos.cms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: dawn_of_war_3.jpg (613 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dawn_of_war_3.jpg
613 KB, 1920x1080
Dawn of War III thread

>Article By PC Gamer:
cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/bRNzRsaDJieNeZKeMfEw4H-650-80.jpg

>HD Screens
http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/6Pqc2ZPME28GLxGNZoELmL.jpg

http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/bRNzRsaDJieNeZKeMfEw4H.jpg
>>
Knights look too small
>>
File: toy soldier warfare.png (1 MB, 1259x629) Image search: [Google]
toy soldier warfare.png
1 MB, 1259x629
JUST
>>
>>336401528
Prolly using logarithmic scaling.
>>
>Big armies are back
>Bases return
>A new cover system
hnnngggggg
>>
I want Relic to deliver a high quality Relic-grade game, untouched by the cumbersome and tainted whisperings of Sega.
>>
>dow1 and even dow2 are my favourite games next to warcraft 3
>really happy there's going to be a dow3
>literally every screenshot looks like shit

how should i feel
>>
>>336401671
It looks like my minis before I learned to weather.
>>
>>336401671

IT'S AN ALPHA
>>
>>336401879
>muh graphx
kill yourself
>>
>>336401879
keep expectations realistic
>>
>>336401671
I think they'll add some textures.
I hope they'll add some textures.
>>
>>336401964
Pre-alpha
>>
>>336401879
Worried, but wait for actual gameplay, they have said they're going to be a little more colorful this time but the pics they put out look like they're really early pre-alpha.
>>
>some close detail has been sacrificed so Dawn of War 3 can shine in large-scale encounters, and Relic's artists have taken more inspiration from the colourful paint jobs of the tabletop game. It's a step away from the dark doom-laden tone of the fiction

ehhhhhh
>>
>>336401879
>how should i feel

If you're still okay with Warcraft 3 grpahics then you should be okay with these. I hope they improve, but it's not a deal breaker.
>>
>>336401964
>>336402142
>THEY SAID THE SAFE WORD SO IT MAKES THIS ALRIGHT
all the word "alpha" means any more is just an excuse for laziness and shit content

pre-alpha does not mean what you think it means, and it is not a fucking "pre-alpha"
>>
>>336401879

Or you could wait for some gameplay footage to come out. I doubt the art style will be radically different, but right now we have 2 shitty screenshots as the basis of "what the game looks like".

But to throw some more petrol on your fire, Relic might be intentionally making a shittier looking game since they'll probably use COH2's engine, a game notorious for running like shit on almost everything. If you add the "bigger battles" element then it would make sense for them to shit up teh graphics.
>>
File: dowalphascompared.jpg (1001 KB, 3953x1072) Image search: [Google]
dowalphascompared.jpg
1001 KB, 3953x1072
>>336401964
>>336401979
>>336402107
>>336402142
>>336402354
For comparison
These are both taken during the alpha stage
>>
>>336401493
what's up with the pastel colors?
>>
>>336402504
theres no dust
my magic dust
no
>>
File: 0019_wraith_dread_01.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
0019_wraith_dread_01.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
>>336402637
ugh, look at this god awful looking alpha screenshot, doesn't look anywhere as good as >>336401671
>>
File: 1460342910351.gif (2 MB, 181x292) Image search: [Google]
1460342910351.gif
2 MB, 181x292
>Gameplay mechanics inspired by Dota 2

Into the lake of fire it goes. Fuck Dota and Dotards, the game is a cancer that has ruined RTS games forever.
>>
As a fan of extremely colourful pastel stuff i'm really hyped. Although the fact that it's only Eldar, Spess Marines and Orks is kind of sad. We'll probably get more factions as expansion packs i guess.
>>
File: Assault_jump.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Assault_jump.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
I can't believe they just left half of the shit untextured.

jesus, it's 2008, you can't just show games in this state.
>>
>caring about graphics

neo-/v/ sure is disgusting
>>
>>336402864
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
The art style has been chosen. It is highly unlikely that thise will change. They have chosen to go flat and matte rather than have any depth to the textures.

This is a choice they won't go back on. This is what DoW3 will look like.
>>
>>336402867
Necrons are hinted at.
>>
>>336402928
how dare we want a warhammer 40k game to actually look like warhammer 40k and have anything to do with the setting of warhammer 40k.

i mean, it isn't like the setting is important to the dawn of war series or anything, it would work out just fine with any generic science fiction units.
>>
>>336402928
It's not the visual quality it's the art style you cum guzzling mongoloid.

Fuck off with the "GRAPHIX DONT MATTER I'M A GAMEPLAY BOY XDDDD" shit. We get it, but visuals are a big deal since it's what bombards your eyeballs for the the thousands of hours you play the fucking game.
>>
>>336402928
the graphics are indicative of a few things

1) relic wants to go away from the themeatic norm

2) they are inspired by the Flat N Matte of Blizzard

3) They will take cues from their games

4) they will implement these into core mechanics

5) they already said they want the game to be accessible and similar to a moba

you can tell a lot by the art style. As they say, a Picture is worth a thousand words.
>>
>>336401879
>how should i feel
Honestly don't jump to conclusions. Wait for some gameplay before shitting on it. Even if the game doesn't look that amazing visually it's still possible for it to be fun.
>>
File: disgusting vomit.jpg (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
disgusting vomit.jpg
2 MB, 1680x1050
god, alphas always look terrible
calm down people, it isn't like DoW2's pre-release screenshots didn't look like shit
>>
>>336403180
>relic wants to go away from the themeatic norm
>After they had an extremely thematic reveal trailer

I think this is what gets me the most is they show us a fucking awesome trailer, and then the official screens they release looks like fucking Clash of Clans.
>>
I'm 31 and I've been playing games for over two decades and I've never heard of this series.

what the fuck?
>>
>>336403275
That looks like the actual game though. I'm really hanging onto it being early alpha but man I hope it's a little grittier by launch.
>>
>>336403338
relic didn't make the trailer. Its a third party like always.

They say "Heres some guidelines to build, go nuts"
It frees up staff to work on the game. Its a very common practice.

But I agree with you. That trailer had me hypes as fuck. Then my friend said base building was confirmed. I started losing hope

I read the article
Day one dropped
>>
File: DoW2compared3.jpg (1 MB, 3680x1050) Image search: [Google]
DoW2compared3.jpg
1 MB, 3680x1050
>>336403427
That was DoW2 during announcement, about a year from launch. So yeah alpha vs alpha
>>
>>336403489
>Then my friend said base building was confirmed. I started losing hope
>Lost hope because base building is returning
What kind of backwards world is this?
>>
>3 factions
>lack of units
>faction DLC
>blood DLC
>hero DLC

No thanks. Not touching this shit fest. I'll pick up deluxe GOTY edition for £20 in a year.
>>
>>336403609
Just shun the DoW2 scum
>>
>>336403609
Base building is an ass backwards mechanic I have always hated.
1) it doesn't make sense in actual warfare
2) it just opens up a world of cheese tactics

all a base is is just a stationary liability. Say your enemy can sneak a tank into your base? GG unless you pull back and lose all the ground you fought for. Or if they just start arty spamming your base? so many ways the base is used against you rather than for you. Remember that war that turned around because a tank drove into a city far behind enemy lines and caused the forntline to crumble because they had to fall back? Me neither.

There are so many better systems out there than base building. Base Building is as outdated as classic Jrpgs. We love them but they didn't age well.
>>
>>336403609
Please don't start this argument. It shit's up threads almost as bad as DC Vs. SS shitposting. Don't open this can of worms.
>>
>>336403912
>actual warfare
>warhammer40k
Pick one
>>
>>336403413
Maybe you're just blind or have also never heard of any RTS games? DoW is brought up in literally every RTS thread.
>>
>>336404002
>Physics stops being a thing the moment something is in a new setting.

I guess we just chose to fight wars the way we do now arbitrarily. Not because of thousands of years of trial and error.
>>
>>336403912
>doesn't make sense in actual warfare
Do you think soldiers, vehicles, weapons and all equipment just appear out of no where? just appear out of nowhere?
>>
>>336403912
>1) it doesn't make sense in actual warfare
Neither does most of the shit you can do in every RTS.

>GG unless you pull back and lose all the ground you fought for.
Or you could not be retarded and have defenses in your base. Another solution is don't let the enemy tank fucking sneak into your base.
>>
>>336403413
>I'm 31 and I've been playing games for over two decades and I've never heard of this series.
So you've never played an RTS? Honestly if you've ever discussed and played RTS's you would have heard of DoW.
>>
>>336404159
>ultra spess marine armor
>giant robots
>hordes of alien tolkien characters
>but you decide to use modern tactics
nice one
>>
>>336402904
Except that looks really nice. Stupid shitposter
>>
>>336402864
>>336402958

Did you even understand the context dota 2 was mentioned in?

They said you can pick a bunch of elite units that you will be able to use in a match (similarly to how you picked a commander in dow 2, or that doctrine stuff in coh 2) and they said there might be a drafting stage at the start so you don't have to blindly pick your units without knowing what everyone else is going to have. A drafting phase like this also exists in dota 2 to select heroes.
>>
File: 7 years brah.jpg (3 MB, 3948x2108) Image search: [Google]
7 years brah.jpg
3 MB, 3948x2108
>It's just an alpha

In 7 years you are telling me that an engine can't be: upgraded, optimized and polished to outperform Dow2?

I want to see this shit in motion, but from the looks of it, this shit doesn't look good. 7 Years.
>>
>>336403912
>it doesn't make sense in actual warfare

It makes perfect sense. Wars have bases.
>>
>>336404173
You do realize that to get a soldier to the front line, they don;t just appear out of nowhere. Nowhere in this instance being a base.

infact construction will never take place on the front line unless in absolute dire situations. Militaries will never actually build factories, they re-purpose existing ones. This all takes place far away from the front lines. You need logistics and uninterrupted supply lines to make this happen. Thats why battles are centered around industrial zones and not entire cities.

The Imperium is no different, they fight over refineries and factories, but these were never just stood up out of the blue. They have been there for thousands of years.
>>
>>336404443
Taking anything from Dota is already a bad sign anon
>>
>>336404458
Looks like a case of Supreme Commander 2 syndrome to me.
>>
>>336404458
If you want graphics go play Battlefront 3. Was very important for that game.
>>
>>336404514
Then they better come up with a new control scheme for RTS as well because dota uses the same one.
>>
>>336404484
>infact construction will never take place on the front line unless in absolute dire situations. Militaries will never actually build factories, they re-purpose existing ones. This all takes place far away from the front lines. You need logistics and uninterrupted supply lines to make this happen. Thats why battles are centered around industrial zones and not entire cities.

It is a fucking game, this obviously would not happen in real life but having a base is essential.
>>
File: tumblr_miv1pcnc681qhslato1_1280.jpg (230 KB, 913x947) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_miv1pcnc681qhslato1_1280.jpg
230 KB, 913x947
What DOW3 should have been.

>Players build an army in an army creator similar to Magic games which is made BEFORE a match is found, thus lists cannot be tailored.

>Players have a set amount of points like in Total War, but there is an additional Forge Organization Chart like old 40k editions. This keeps thing balanced and prevents players from spamming the everloving fuck out of certain units.

>Additionally players can purchase fortifications which they place on their side of the map when deploying. Walls, forts, cannon emplacements, etc.

>Various game modes including deathwatch, point control, king of the hell, or siege modes. There's also lighter modes like Kill Team, with smaller amounts of points and units broken up into individuals.

>Starting races are Space Marines, Orks, Chaos, Eldar, and Necrons.

>DLC is whole new races which include map packs, along with Free DLC which expands the unit rosters of certain factions, like adding the Lost and the Damned or Daemons to Chaos and Exodites to Eldar.

>Campaign is just like Dark Crusade. W40K Risk.
>>
>>336404351
I guess bullets don't do much anymore. But hey military tactics are just an arbitrary thing. Not something that came about through thousands of years of trial and error...
>>336404203
OK now I have to spend more of my ARBITRARILY LIMITED resources to buil defenses which take up population cap instead of putting units on the field. once again I am horribly dissuaded from stationary liability gameplay
>>336404469
far far from the front lines. Even FOBs are meant to be staging areas and not defensive emplacements. Soldiers deploy out from FOBs and set up in the field.
>>
>>336404458
The environments look like Diablo 3 or Dota 2. The units look like they're ripped out of one of the mobile games. Fucking hell. That combined with the description of the game as heavily moba influenced and bringing back the piss poor base building from the first one and I have absolutely no hope left for this.
>>
>>336404458
I just hope it gets rid of the clunkyness in units motion/AI that has always plagued dow2 and a to a lesser extent the coh games.
>>
>>336404607
Yeah, you're right. SupCom 2 + Starcraft 2 = Dow3.
Altough this shit looks a lot like planetary annihilation right now.
>>
>>336404754
so wargame:40k

Baically wargame 40k would have been all that needed to be made to make DoW3 amazing. Instead we got Starcraft 2 the mobile edition.
>>
>>336404754
Sounds average. Would be preferable if DoW 3 turns out shit, I think Relic will make a good game though.
>>
>>336404880
Yes, combine that with better graphics and environment/physics, that would be great.
The particle effects in Dow2 were awesome.
>>
>>336404754
Nah, sounds terrible.
>>
Why are people so fucking pissed about "muh graphics" when it will look completely different with the user interface?
>>
>>336404754
>>Campaign is just like Dark Crusade. W40K Risk.

That's terrible though, there's almost no story.
>>
>>336404514
>muh Dota boogeyman
Yeah I don't think you understand the context that Dota was mentioned in. Or you're shitposting.
>>
>>336404749
No its not. Not in anyway is having a base essential to a battle. Consolidated Command and Control? yes, but if thats under fire you are either retreating or someone fucked up.
>>
>>336404754
sounds way too structured, spend as much time setting up as you do playing, if not more

i'd take dow1 or 2 over that in a heartbeat
>>
>>336405126
>Not in anyway is having a base essential to a battle

Ok, have fun getting forces to just magically appear out of no where.
>>
>>336403912
It's a videogame, you do have to make consessions vs 'actual warfare'. Dawn of Warhammer has that covered instead.

I really enjoyed base building in DoW1 because it was quick and straight-forward. Rather than sit and turtle, you had to venture out to capture requisition points both to supply your own production and deny the enemy, so there was an immediate tug-of-war going on. Bases also mean unit production and allow you to design your army consistency on the fly, adapting to a situation.

I really hope this isn't like dota's constant stream of units while the elites fight it out. That's so lame.
>>
>>336405056
This. Dark Crusade's campaign sucked. Coming after the stellar campaigns from the original and Winter Assault, what a massive disappointment. DoW 2 implemented that idea far more elegantly.
>>
>>336404754
I would buy that.
>>
>>336404823
Do you seriously think that modern-day military tactics wpuld be used 40,000 years in the future when combat is completely different?
>>
But will they fuck it up?

The ingame screenshot looked like doo doo.
>>
>>336404823
>ARBITRARILY LIMITED
Oh man, I remember points in DoW1 being limited, oh wait they fucking weren't.
>which take up population cap
Sorry what? I don't remember buildings taking popcap in DoW1, last race I played was Orks so I don't remember if they are different from the other races in that regard.
>once again I am horribly dissuaded from stationary liability gameplay
You are just bad at building a base and are trying to take that out on the game instead of accepting you are bad.
>>
>>336403601
Uh oh

I hope that's an alpha screenshot because DoW3 looks shit, m8.
>>
>>336405237
>I really hope this isn't like dota's constant stream of units while the elites fight it out. That's so lame.

I don't think you have to be afraid of that. I think they would've mentioned it in the article if they turned it into a straight up moba.
>>
File: fuck.png (483 KB, 410x797) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
483 KB, 410x797
>>
>>336405224
you really have no idea what you are talking about.

They literally appear out of nowhere in a base as well....

call ons, air drops, so many ways to deploy forces in battle. Stop clinging austistically to base building.

>>336405237
many games handle it very well. base building is not handling it well at all.
>>
>>336405056
>there's almost no story.
What's your point? Dark crusade had by far the most fun campaign.
>>
>>336405042
Because it looks genuinely worse than a game from 6-7 years ago. Granted, DoW 2 was a very visually impressive game for its time and still holds up incredibly well, but there's no reason for a 2016-2017 game to look the way this does. Scale of the battles is not an excuse. This is an art style choice that makes colors and textures look like a modern Blizzard game. Which is bad.
>>
>>336405297
We are still using tactics from Hannibal

yes Yes I think we would still be using the same tactics in the 41st millennium
>>
File: 49018_warhammer_40k.jpg (795 KB, 1708x988) Image search: [Google]
49018_warhammer_40k.jpg
795 KB, 1708x988
>>336405184
Only building your lists and improving them by trial and error. Deploying shouldn't take any longer than in Total War, and anybody who whores up time is a faggot. You could always add a timer too if things get too slow.

>>336405056
>wanting a story in an RTS
Why. DOW Stories are often terrible and involve more snowflakes than a Black Library novel. Besides, DC overall was the best DOW game released.

>>336404953
Exactly.

Warhammer 40k tabletop would be fucking awesome if properly balanced again and was made real time in a videogame. You could even have a "your dudes" function, fully customizing every aspect of your dudes in an army builder.

Of course, GW would never allow my idea to be made because it could potentially invalidate the real tabletop.
>>
>>336405404
>BE AS AUTISTIC AS ME

Time and resources to go to something that I don't want there. Sorry but base building is apsie bad
>>
>>336405550
Because we haven't encountered a fucking alien race that would laugh at those tactics. Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>336404754
This sounds fucking horrible. All they need to do is make DoW1 except bigger and with more game modes.
>>
File: 1460799480278.jpg (76 KB, 459x360) Image search: [Google]
1460799480278.jpg
76 KB, 459x360
>>336405709
>I CAN'T MANAGE A BASE
>ITS THE GAMES FAULT!
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>336405745
>Outflanking and maneuvering becoming unneeded when you can just disreguard the laws of physics

Son I don't think you get why things work the way they do.
>>
>>336405873
son if you telling me I am bad at base building helps you sleep at night, do what you have to do.

Base building is still an outdated mechanic that needs to go away.
>>
>>336405670
Yeah, they seriously think that it will take away from the sales of the minis
>>
>>336405769
DOW I was better than DOW II outside of unit micro-ing, but DOW I's base building was shit. It slowed down action and dragged out battles. Battles should be fast paced and brutal like physical wargames or older isometric RTS's. You have an army, that's all you get, and everything from that point on is about placement. You have to maneuver your troops and make sure units don't get caught and wiped out because nobody is replacing them. Ambushes are the name of the game and the battle starts the second the match does. Base building simply doesn't suit 40k at all, as even the guys that build bases aren't about slow paced combat.

40K is the universe of high octane fights that often are decided by melee assaults, it isn't Sim City.
>>
>>336405884
>tfw the enemy has satellites that can see bugs on the ground
>yfw you think that stealth and flanking will work without cloaking technologies

i may be an aspie but atleast i don't have downsyndrome
>>
>>336405297
You do realise 40k is mostly WWI and WWII in space, right?
>>
>>336404953
Well we can hope Wargame 4 is 40k. Its not crazy i mean Focus has a working relationship with GW and Eugen need money after AoA.
>>
>>336406150
Man if the final artstyle they're going with is that plastic looks in the OP Chaos is going to look REALLY dully.
>>
>>336401835
>DoW2 and CoH2

It's DoA mate.

Remember

"Road is the first step on the road to dissapointment"
>>
File: 8f9428ae7df0a568bb35b6f6699536c3.jpg (333 KB, 1024x1463) Image search: [Google]
8f9428ae7df0a568bb35b6f6699536c3.jpg
333 KB, 1024x1463
>>336405992
They probably are right to some degree. I just own a couple boxes of unpainted miniatures because painting them up is a real bitch when you're a depressed melancholic, but also because of the fucking expense. Having "Warhammer 40k the RTS' would largely eliminate the need for me to play the actual TT, and for many other people. My only interest would be Kill Team due to being more balanced while retaining the social beer and pretzels aspect.
>>
>>336406290
>WWI and WWII in space
>tyranids
>necrons
>eldar
>tau
nice
>>
>>336405992
I would definitely put a drain on Tau sales based on what I've seen of that player base.
>>
>>336406420
>"Road is the first step on the road to dissapointment"
I know what you are quoting but this typo was pretty funny.
>>
File: statue.jpg (35 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
statue.jpg
35 KB, 400x400
>everyone bitching about textures

Niggas, it could be photo-realistic but it wouldn't mean shit. This is an RTS, we need to know how it is going to play, but based upon the scant information that they've given us so far it sounds like Relic is shaking things up again and going for a bit of DoW2, a bit not.

They will probably have some form of troop resupply/reinforcement beyond drop pods given the size of the forces we've seen thus far. It would be a little much to just have them spill out a mere three tactical marines a pop and have to do that over and over.

I wonder if it will be captureable points...
>>
>>336406413
Which is a shame. Chaos is at its best when it's gritty and dirty.
>>
>>336406545
retard
>>
File: 574_large.jpg (140 KB, 704x544) Image search: [Google]
574_large.jpg
140 KB, 704x544
>>336406545
I hope you're merely pretending
>>
>>336406203
ok everyone pack it in war is over. A new technology was invented. Litteraly everything on how things work has stopped. Wars are now fought with rugs.

The reason tactics work is becuse of how the work

Flanking: getting shot at from two angles means more bullets flying at you and you can only respond to one
More spears flying at you and you can only respond to one.

Even with spy satellites its fucking hard to follow troop moments. Now lets say you can with 100% accuracy. You still have to move your forces in to engage. by then the enemy can have set up a strategic formation to envolpe.

Now lets say you have space ships. Then its a game of battery counter battery. ANCIENT NAVAL TACTICS.

They don't magically stop being a thing because the laws of physics are to be followed.
>>
>>336405467
I disagree. The only saving grace of the DC campaign was the banter between commanders.

>>336405670
>Why. DOW Stories are often terrible

I liked them.

>involve more snowflakes than a Black Library novel.

There's not a single snowflake involved.
>>
>>336406679
I just wish they'd have their canon squad sizes. Just HOW HARD IS IT RELIC TO ADD THAT ONE MORE DUDE! In DOW 2 they just needed a fifth guy to make the squad codex.
>>
>>336406679
Then all you need is a spreadsheet simulator. It tells you whats going on very clearly.
>>
>>336406937
>muh balance
>>
>>336406902
What happens when a human dies in 40k? Do they go to a lore heaven or unite their psyche with the emperor or go to the warp or what.
>>
>>336406679
It looks like mobashit to attract mobafags. That's enough reason to hate it.
>>
>>336407013
they go to power the emprah's throne
>>
>>336406150
>Base building simply doesn't suit 40k at all

40k is all about perpetual meat grinders.
"Try really hard to conserve your troops" is the thing that doesn't fit 40k.
>>
>>336407013
They go to lore heaven protected by the Emperor in a section of the Warp that Chaos can't infiltrate.
>>
>>336407013
Mostly they dissolve into the aether or get raped by daemons.
>>
>>336407098
it fits the guard really well, ironically enough. Holding the line no matter the cost till the last man, and all that jazz.

Interestingly Space Marines seem to be the more expendable force in40k
>>
>>336407151
>>336407092
>>336407203

So its not really a big deal to die for the emperor, since you are pretty much guaranteed an afterlife?

Or are you essentially psychic biofuel
>>
>>336406802
sum bait never fails to excite
>>
Is this going to be on PS4?
>>
File: 1446835361293.png (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1446835361293.png
13 KB, 200x200
>>336407324
>>
>>336406290
>>336406802
>A few guard regiments are inspired by the World Wars Era
>Therefore the entire setting is World War in space

IG are the only faction that makes some sense to have a camp of sorts and even for them most of their actual machinery comes in with them via whatever space ship they came in on. Pretty much all the factions in the setting appear out of nowhere, have a brawl, then either win or die.
>>
>>336407324
And the Xbox One
>>
>>336406937

They do... Look at the Tac squad in the back left corner, of >>336403601 There is clearly five tactical marines standing there.

>>336407036

>It looks like an RTS game, like all top-down MOBAs!

Fuck off you slag.
>>
>>336407324
no, it's and RTS
fuck off
>>
>>336407324
>rts
>on ps4
ebin
>>
>>336407036
Yeah how dare people like that thing you don't like.
>>
INB4 DAWN OF ELDAR 3.
>>
>>336407473
mobas are objectively trash
>>
>>336406902
>The only saving grace of the DC campaign was the banter between commanders.
>he didn't like the risk like gameplay
I think I've beaten that campaign with almost every single faction on almost all the difficulties. Seriously. It's fun as fuck.
>>
>>336407402
>>336407473
I'm talking about artstyle and textures, retards. There's literally no reason for that cartoony lanscape and the low poly statues, apart from emulating dotashit. Don't get me started on those 2001-tier models. You'd think since 2009 there'd be a decent art direction for a DoW game.
>>
>>336407098
40k is entirely about conserving your troops. This is the entire function of the game it spawned from, and the meme of the Imperial Guard being "lol meatgrinder" is a fucking bullshit 4chan meme that has little place in the fluff. The only guys that actually are meat-grinders are the DKOK, who will willingly through themselves into a lascannon to feel resolution for the betrayal of their ancestors. Meanwhile virtually every other Guardsmen Regiment practices fairly modern tactics, typically based on late WWII British doctrine or later Cold War stuff. Commanders who throw their troops aimlessly into the fire of enemy guns tend to not remain commanders for very long or if they retain command somehow (and also somehow win the war), are outliers.

But 40k is not about endless waves of troops on the scale of a single battle. Only the Tyranids are truly capable of that. The "limitless meatgrinder" is on the grand strategy scale spanning the entire galaxy. Where countless billions are born and die daily, and trillions of guardsmen are constantly deployed against quadrillions of Orks.
>>
>>336407256
>Or are you essentially psychic biofuel
That's only Psykers, because Psykers are heretical mutant scum anyway
>>
>>336407545
>he didn't like the risk like gameplay
Except Soulstorm did it better without being horribly broken and with more factions.
>>
>>336404112
>>336404238
the last RTS game I played was the red alert series. Hell I even enjoyed tiberian sun. I'm reading up on dawn of war now, just weird it has eluded me for so long.
>>
>>336407239
>Interestingly Space Marines seem to be the more expendable force in40k
Wat. It can take literally centuries for a Chapter to rebuild from heavy losses. Even losing 60 space marines in a several year long campaign for a Chapter is considered a colossal fuckup.
>>
File: Ed Edd and Eddy.jpg (59 KB, 445x437) Image search: [Google]
Ed Edd and Eddy.jpg
59 KB, 445x437
What would be the plot of some episodes of a TV show based on pic related?

What would the name of the show even be?
>>
>>336402928
>thinking by saying "neo-/v/" you assume some kind of a high ground on this
Fuck off faggot. It somehow manages to look multitudes of steps down from Dawn of War which aged pretty well even to today
>>
>>336407780
fuck off stormfag
>>
>>336407708
>Except Soulstorm did it better
Holy fuck no. Some missions were literally impossible because you didn't keep your bases. If you got attacked the enemy would have two bases and tons of squads of units to start off while you had literally nothing but a build unit and a base. It had some good elements but that one mistake fucked up the entire campaign.
>>
File: Abstract001e001a5.jpg (188 KB, 706x933) Image search: [Google]
Abstract001e001a5.jpg
188 KB, 706x933
noone will buy this unless it has the sisters of battle purging all that stands against the glory of the god emperor of mankind.
>>
>>336404754
That's completely shitty and invalidates all of the early game. Let me guess, you're one of the tards that plays nothing but QS Kasyr in Dow 1
>>
File: 1441567214376.gif (29 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1441567214376.gif
29 KB, 125x125
>>336407910
>>
File: 2016-05-04_00h45_10.jpg (154 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-04_00h45_10.jpg
154 KB, 1920x1080
>finding out how ingame graphics look after that cinematic trailer
Just downgrade my shit up. familia.
>>
>>336407902
>literally impossible
not if you're not a filthy casual and know how to juke the AI
LANDSPEEDER
A
N
D
SPEEDER
>>
File: 1401345722489.png (10 KB, 126x113) Image search: [Google]
1401345722489.png
10 KB, 126x113
>>336404443
so its COH 2 with spess marines....
pass....
>>
>>336407756
Which make it funny because in all the videos and games even some books, space marines are dying off one by one or in great numbers.

When the IG are the focus in stories and videos they last and characters are actually rarely killed off.

I always found it ironic.
>>
>>336407256
A normal human's soul just sort of fades away when it enters the warp. If you're a Psyker, it hangs around a bit in a living fever dream before a daemon sniffs you out and eats your consciousness.
>>
File: 764332.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
764332.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
>>336405297
are you retarded? tactics from fucking ancient times are still used today to great effect despite the invention of weapons that can hit you from miles away or are given a slight change to accommodate modern weapons
>>
>>336408012
That's not what downgrade means at all you fucking retard
>>
seems like it's gonna be CoH2 all over again
barely any graphical improvement but gonna run 10 times worse than the previous one
>>
>>336407928
That's the point anon. "Early game", "mid game", "late game" is nonsense that doesn't exist in 40k or even real warfare. There's just "the battle" and "the end". Building armies on the field is retarded and also adds a cushion in case a player fucks up and loses a unit to a blunder, that unit can be replaced.

There are no replacements. There's no resurrecting your commander, no "woops I'll just spawn a new tank". You lose it, it's gone, and unless you can recover from that lost tactically you've lost the game.

The only difference in times should be just how much of each army has been killed.
>>
File: bRNzRsaDJieNeZKeMfEw4H.jpg (152 KB, 907x537) Image search: [Google]
bRNzRsaDJieNeZKeMfEw4H.jpg
152 KB, 907x537
I wish people would stop being retarded and stopped talking shit about the graphics.

Just take the fucking time and actually look at them. The level of details varies really hard and it's super fucking obvious that they are far from finished.

The parts that are more fleshed out look fucking great. Pic related.
>>
>>336405450
Do you want to know why base building = good RTS very often?

It serves a two fold option
a) it allows you to actually scout out your opponent before his tech tree slams into you

b) it allows you to disrupt your opponent.

If you lack a tech tree you're dropping a good third of an RTS and shifting everything into being reactive rather than proactive.
>>
File: so stupid.gif (938 KB, 285x200) Image search: [Google]
so stupid.gif
938 KB, 285x200
>>336407708
>Except Soulstorm did it better
>>
>>336408029
>play on hard
>take some dudes base and reinforce it as much as possible
>base gets attacked later
>AI has tons of units, two bases and raids your base within three minutes of the match starting
Thank God I got the campaign bases mod that fixed this glaring issue.
>>
as long as its just dow 1 with tyranids ill be happy

also they cant hold back on the race like dow 2
dow 2 shitty game in itself but also didnt have the magic of having like 9 different races to play against. no one gives a fuck about balance dow needs hella races
>>
>>336407574

Or because they are emulating TT, which is exactly why the fucking color palette has shifted so broadly. They are moving towards TT in looks, primarily because as the article literally says; it assists with quick identification of the battle field.

>inb4 some bullshit about how being able to tell units apart was some kinda skill

Not with a minimap, I never even looked at my fucking primary FoV in DoW. I just hotkeyed and stared at the mini-map like any rational human being would. Minimaps take tactical maneuvering and turn it on its head, once FoW is gone it gives you an exact location of all units.

So assuming they kill off the mini-map, making a brighter game makes sense. It's what you should be fucking looking at after all. Further, if this bothers you, another Anon literally spent five minutes applying filters to the released photos and it looked almost exactly like DoW1.

>Core Mechanics >>>> Art Style

It's not going to attract the MOBA crowd, no matter what your stupid ass might believe. It involves control of more than one unit. Finally, this is Relic -- they have a very proven track record so I believe we owe them a chance to see how it looks six months from now when we're a further six months from launch.
>>
>>336408203
Except it is if you look at a 7 year old game which was DoW2.
>>
File: 1401370639538.jpg (64 KB, 290x310) Image search: [Google]
1401370639538.jpg
64 KB, 290x310
since when do titans run around getting chopped in half like shown in the video???
wtf am I watching?????
Titans are supposed to be rare and valuable not cannon fodder.
>>
File: 1460324824058.gif (422 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1460324824058.gif
422 KB, 512x512
>forum i visit is full of people praying that DoW3 focuses on the single player and pissing and moaning that multiplayer is ruining the RTS genre
>>
>>336402928

The visuals are a big part of the Warhammer 40k appeal.
>>
>>336404458
dow 3 looks like a god damn blizzard game
>>
>>336408309
>titan

Its a Knight fag
>>
>>336408309
Those aren't Titans.
>>
>>336408309
They're Knights, not Titans.
>>
>>336408276
>If you lack a tech tree you're dropping a good third of an RTS and shifting everything into being reactive rather than proactive.
It's almost like that's what warfare is like!
>>
File: eastwood.gif (905 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
eastwood.gif
905 KB, 240x228
>Bases
>In a 40k game

This is what traditional RTS autists wanted?
>>
>>336408258

where is this from?
>>
>>336404458

Still surprises me how great DoW2 looks after all these years.
>>
File: 1401345722475.png (115 KB, 262x274) Image search: [Google]
1401345722475.png
115 KB, 262x274
what consoles will this be on or if its on the dead end PC only then why is this thread even here if noone will play it?
>>
>>336408276
you can do that in other games as well. its called decent tactics.

Wargame is a gret example of how t disrupt logistics

Total War is a great way to show how formations and strategies can evolve and change.
>>
>>336407256

No, most souls go to the warp where they either fade into nothing or get consumed by Chaos and sentenced to eternal damnation. There is no glorious afterlife awaiting any human other than the most pious and faithful which are really, really rare.
>>
File: guards.jpg (206 KB, 816x979) Image search: [Google]
guards.jpg
206 KB, 816x979
>no IG
>yawn spessrines
>fucking elves again

>orcs
its gonna be ok lads
>>
>>336405297

There's entire Imperial Guard Regiments that use Napoleonic tactics.
>>
>>336408385
>>336408407
>>336408413
Knights are Titans you mongs. Basically anything larger than a dreadnought that's a walker and is a Lord of War unit on the TT qualifies as a Titan.
>>
>>336408445
Why yes moba-man, this is what RTS gamers want.
>>
File: 1361729523838.jpg (60 KB, 630x443) Image search: [Google]
1361729523838.jpg
60 KB, 630x443
>implying DoW2 looks anywhere as good as bullshots ITT
not to excuse DoW3 looking like ass but still
>>
>>336408253
The problem is, you're fucking with the pacing. There's a reason why Total war has never ever picked up a competitive following. Because the skill ceiling is incredibly low and the pacing is completely off.
>>
File: 1460478065390.jpg (278 KB, 700x397) Image search: [Google]
1460478065390.jpg
278 KB, 700x397
>>336408309
One, knights arent titans you fuckstick

Two its a cinematic, and its a cinematic thats actually true to the tabletop, both knights and wraith knights carry strength D weapons that, if lucky can do 6 wounds with a single attack, a knight has 6 wounds exactly
>>
File: 2016-05-04_03h16_44.jpg (199 KB, 1354x770) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-04_03h16_44.jpg
199 KB, 1354x770
>>336408593
They're openly admitting that they're dropping fine details in favor of identification, which is a bullshit fucking excuse. I don't want anything to look like a piss-poor paintjob on a TT model — that breaks immersion.
>>
>>336408571
Nope, Knights are not Titans.
They're a weight class below, and are solo pilots rather than a team. Also not part of the Titan legions.
>>
File: 1462307625023.jpg (243 KB, 1323x1843) Image search: [Google]
1462307625023.jpg
243 KB, 1323x1843
So can we just go ahead and acknowledge that, whatever happens with the game, the teaser is easily the best this year and one of the best of all time?

Whoever did the art direction if a fucking champion
>>
>>336408309
>Titans are supposed to be rare and valuable not cannon fodder.
That's also true with Space Marines, and from their point of view the life of every single Eldar. However you'll also notice one very important factor. It's a video game.
>>
>>336408571
No, it qualifies as a super-heavy.

A titan isnt a classification of something fuckhuge its a classification of a specific variety of fuck huge war machines
>>
>>336408537
Wargame is a dead simple ARTS were skill variance plays a miniscule role. Similarly to Total War.

Dow 2 at least required decent positioning.
>>
File: Abstract001a002.jpg (47 KB, 465x600) Image search: [Google]
Abstract001a002.jpg
47 KB, 465x600
>>336407954
heretic spotted....
>>
>>336408258
>look fucking great
>no purity seals
lmao
>>
>>336408720
Except they are classified as Titans.
>>
>>336408436
It's not meant to be actual warfare. It's meant to be WARHAMMER 40K WARFARE. THE WARFARE IN THE LORE.
>>
File: Mareen.gif (3 MB, 800x708) Image search: [Google]
Mareen.gif
3 MB, 800x708
>>336408575
Why don't you go play the myriads of other traditional RTS games which do not take place in a universe where fucking no one builds forward bases?

The only faction that it makes even the tiniest lick of sense is Imperial Guard, and even they don't train troops on the fucking field, they just build fortifications.
>>
>>336408727
it was phenominal. My only complain is how fucked the Space Marine perportions looked.
>>
>>336408049

No shit nigger, that's what's been being said for the past 3 threads. This game is more DoW1-CoH2 than it is DoW1-DoW2. But no one wants to listen, This is LELIC we're talking about
>>
>>336408780
Never played a total war game. But ive seen footage, seemed like a lot of mechanics were involved what makes them dead simple?
>>
>>336408509
bad bait
>>
>>336408821
They are not. Smallest Titans are scout class, and those are bigger than Knights.
>>
>>336408509
ps4.5
>>
>>336408780
Wargame relies heavily on knowing how to actually stage fights.

Assaulting is an attritional nightmare if done wrong.
>>
>>336408727

If had to guess? Tomasz Baginski.

He is Polish born, like Szid was and even made a shortfilm that was nominated for an Academy Award called The Cathedral based upon the exact same art style.
>>
Why aren't the Imperial Guard ever included in the initial release? Every non-heretic knows they're the best.
>>
>>336408952
Twice as big, even
>>
>>336408842
SM proportions were fucking since the beginning, it's just that they chose to exaggerate things in a different manner.
>>
>>336408837
>muh realism
>muh lore
this is a real time strategy video game; base building is a great gameplay aspect of them. deal with it.
>>
File: 1401342780663.jpg (326 KB, 750x644) Image search: [Google]
1401342780663.jpg
326 KB, 750x644
>>336408385
You idiots know that knights are titans right? From mars under the dominion of the Adeptus mechanicus and never have I heard of them running around at light speed into sure death as if they can just make 10 more tomorrow.
>>
>>336408562
>modern-day
>napoleonic
swet bruv
>>
>>336408278
Oh yes, because a necron lord being able to instakill any unit in the game makes dark crusade better.

I'm sorry you're butthurt your game is a broken mess that nobody touches with a ten foot pole.
>>
When will we get news on the base building mechanics? we need a traditional RTS or like most strategic gamers I am not buying this garbage.
>>
>>336409029

you should watch waterloo, it's pretty good.
>>
>>336409006
IG are too relatable, and GW hates them because they are not SPESS MAHREENS
>>
>>336409024
thats like saying rpgs should all be turn based because the originals were so. Some mechanics get outlived.
>>
>>336408837

If you actually played DoW1 you'd know most of the base buildings had animations for drop pods/teleporting/chaos summoning whenever you built new units. Which makes perfect sense. There's no basis to say factions in 40K don't build outposts.
>>
>only 3 classes
>Blood Ravens jobbing hard in the trailer
>no base building
Remind me, why do we care about this shiny piece of garbage? It'll be just as disappointing as DOW II.
>>
File: ballerina.jpg (180 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ballerina.jpg
180 KB, 600x450
>>336409228
>no base building
>>
>>336409228
>no base building
>>
File: 1401353567097.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1401353567097.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
uhhhh does anyone else notice this looks like a COH2 mod with warhammer units?
>>
>>336403912
Actually pretty much everything you've said are a problem in RTS base building has in fact happened in real life. Flanking and pincer movements have captured enemy bases and defensive positions causing the front lines to crumble. Arty attacks have been trying to hit infantry bases in the middle east ever since the west invaded.

You're retarded.
>>
>>336409006

Two reasons:

Space Marines will always be the main campaign, so they have a IoM rep by default already. Wouldn't make sense if two-thirds (in the case of DoW3) are IoM guys.

Guaranteed sales. Guard as DLC/Expansion Pack means that people will pick it up because they like the guard. Similarly for Chaos.

Marines/Eldar/Orks covers the gamut of play-styles and also hits the largest possible number of players in the base game. Number of Ork players will probably rival the number of Space Marine players rather easily.
>>
File: 1372768984996.jpg (11 KB, 210x251) Image search: [Google]
1372768984996.jpg
11 KB, 210x251
>meme building
>2017
>>
>>336409024
>I support shitting on established universes in favor of my preferred gameplay mechanics

You are literal cancer.
>>
>>336408782
fuck off with your weeb bastardisation of sisters of battle
>deadly soldier goes 'hmph'
kill yourself
>>
>>336409223
outposts don't create units....
>>
>>336409228
>no base building
>>
File: c3b.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
c3b.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
>>336401493
>Bought the sega strategy bundle to get dawn of wsr since im a 40kfag
>this gets released
>>
>>336409346

It probably is.
>>
>>336408302
That wasn't your statement at all, stop changing your argument to make yourself look right
>>
>>336409228
DoW2 was a great game

And base building is back you shitposter.

And stop using "we" faggot
>>
File: 8QVooRZ.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
8QVooRZ.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>>336408834
Holy fucking shit, are you legitimately so retarded that you just claimed that bullshit like tech trees and game tiers is something in the lore of fucking 40k? RTS tropes have fuck-all to do with warhammer dumbass. Your usual 40k battle is just guard landing down in ships, fucking some rebels' or orks' shit up, then going back into their transports three years later and moving on to the next deployment.
>>
>>336409228
Basebuilding has no fucking part in a 40k game. The skirmishes and shit that are represented by the war game revolve around unit tactics, not logistics and harvesting vespene gas.
>>
>>336409228
DOW II wasn't bad, it was an action rpg not a strategy.
>>
>>336408895
It's essentially a combination of very rock paper scissor mechanics coupled with a very low impact of your actual positioning.

The objectives don't help. As the objective is to kill the army, you're going to be usually bunching your squads as close as possible together. You want them to support each other and keep them far enough apart to not die to AOE.

You have zero reason to seperate up. Traditional RTS tend to feature gameplay that forces you cover as much of the map as possible and gives you both openings and leaves you open. Resources on the map, bases that need defending etc.

As such knowing where the enemy is and what he's doing is far more important. In total war games 3/4 of the game is already decided on ahead of the game.

TW is perhaps the worst offender since there's essentially no map objectives. A lot of ARTSs tend to try and bypass this by either not allowing you to put in the whole force at once (instead relying on a stack or call ins) and by having victory points of a sort on the map. Most don't really succeed though and tend to rather be played as human vs computer as opposed to human v human.
>>
>>336408436
Real warfare is proactive. If you just react to everything your enemy does you get rekt
>>
>>336408623
Well to be fair he never talked about total war having a competive multiplayer. He seems to be more focused on the "realism" bit. Which I disagree a bit since in most RTS if your army gets crushed and your opponent has a army left you end up losing the game. Sure you can can bring out a last ditch effort but you will prob end up losing unless you can outplay your opponent
>>
>>336409431
but DoW1 is fucking great and most likely going to be better than this piece of shit
>>
BROTHER MALIKEN WE NEED TO OUTFLANK OUR ENEMY AND USE THE HEAVY BOLTER ON THEM

We can Brother we don't have access to the heavy bolters!

WHY NOT?

Because we haven't researched the tehcnology, despite the fact we have it in the armory right now. We aren't allowed to use it because its a Teir 2 weapon.

Thats fucking retarded, we are going to die because of this.

I'm not the one who made the mechanic.
>>
>>336401671
>you ask for more detailed models
BAAAAAWWW WHERE ARE MY MASSIVE BATTLES
>they give you massive battles
BAAAAAAAAAAWWWW WHY DO THE MODELS LOOK LIKE SHIT

because you cant have both
>>
>>336409198
The thing is base building is the opposite of outlived. This has been proven in part by all the ARTS of the past decade.
>>
>>336409528
srry replied to wrong post
>>
>>336409223
Except they don't. Space Marines are dropped straight into combat, not into some outpost somewhere and then moving out from there. Their entire point is to be inserted straight into combat, slap shit and be done with it.

Eldar will build (or rather use ones that were built a long time ago) webway gates at most.

Orks arrive on roks or are teleported in, and an ork doesn't need to be trained to wage war in the first place.

None of this necessitates traditional basebuilding with resource gathering.
>>
>>336409689
That's not warfare, that's grand strategy. A guy leading two platoons is being reactive, not proactive, which the scale of conflict covered in 40k primarily outside of Epic or Kill Team.
>>
>>336401493
> 2016
> We StarCraft 2 now
>>
>salty DoW 2 fags upset over best mechanic being back

I already know this game will be acceptable. Maybe not great, but acceptable.
>>
>>336409431
what's the problem?
>>
>>336409876
This. Fuck all the DoW2 babies shitting up this thread with their muh basebuilding isn't a part of wh40k.
>>
>>336409840
You talk like you don't know what proactive and reactive means. You can absolutely be proactive with 2 squads of men.
>>
File: 1461190210157.jpg (19 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
1461190210157.jpg
19 KB, 313x286
>>336402928
It's not "graphics" you fucking retard, it's graphic fidelity.

It's like Diablo 2 and 3. The graphics are technically better, but they look worse because of the artstyle and the playdough fucking look of it all.
>>
The pitch sounds a lot like Warcraft 3 to me.

Weaker line units you make that do constant damage
Heroes that have to level up and are game changers but go down fast if used incorrectly

And a ban system to keep faggots from always picking OP as shit heroes.

I see absolutely no problem with this.
>>
File: 1462286074681.jpg (140 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1462286074681.jpg
140 KB, 500x418
>>336401493
>yfw base building is back
>>
>>336408707
>They're openly admitting that they're dropping fine details in favor of identification
dumb considering warhammers style imo
>>
>>336409660

Nigga, why are you calling TW an ARTS? ARTS is a colloquial acronym for MOBA. DOTA 2's devs coined the term.
>>
>>336409790
I think RTS's have proven they don't need to be in there anymore.

Base Building is ded

>>336409781
Developers being bitches. you can have large battles and high detail. The only thing stopping them is they know they can do whatever they want with this title and the fanbois will eat it up.

I can't believe the day has come were I have to denounce a 40k title from a rabid fanboy defense force......

Oh how the mighty have fallen
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.