[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
L4D/L4D2 experiences/stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Jockey.png (424 KB, 740x728) Image search: [Google]
Jockey.png
424 KB, 740x728
What are /v/s favorite clutch stories or almost clutch stories?
For context, if you cant remember, then please describe the level if it matters. Otherwise, please list
1. Campaign
2. Level
So we know what the fuck you're talking about.
Also, I made this thing. https://youtu.be/VGXvxgFXx9g
>>
One time I shot the zombie before it got me.
>>
File: 1455894002130.jpg (57 KB, 524x448) Image search: [Google]
1455894002130.jpg
57 KB, 524x448
>get every achievement, feel really good inside because that shit was super hard.
>Paid DLC removes game complete status.
>>
I always liked Dark Carnival and Heavy Rain, the whole Louisiana setting was fantastic.
>>
>>336399592
so im over at a buddys house the campaign was dead air on the first level
we get to the part where you enter the office bulding and a tank was inside we start shooting it and my bud back pedals over to the edge of the building, the tank hits him and i shit you not his body lands on the fucking alarm car on the other side of the fenced in area near the hotel
I killed the tank and horde after it killed the other AI
>>
I used to bind zoey's death rattle to the m1 button so every time I shot something she'd scream really fucking loudly. Then I'd bind her laugh to the reload button.

I got kicked a lot.
>>
>>336400279
THERE'S VIRGIL
THERE'S
THERE'S
THERE'S VIRGIL
VIRGIL WHAT'S UP BROTHER!?
THERE'S
>>
>>336400279
i might've played with you. god i'd wanted to choke you.
>>
>>336399592
I once one a close as fuck no mercy game. We didnt even think we won but, we did by 1 point. was pretty amazing. Tank downed my right in front of the helicopter
>>
There is a triangle in Swamp Fever where you can easily get in, but can't get out. It's funny to get other people follow you into it.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (13 KB, 276x440) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
13 KB, 276x440
>>336401458
That was kind of the point. Sorry bruh.
>>
>>336401659
Where is it?
>>
Been playing it recently with some pals of mine, mostly things like custom maps.
Pretty alright, forgot just how fun this game can be.
>>
>>336402476
It's where you arrive at the "village" with the trailers and wooden shacks and there is a tree that lets you climb to the top of a trailer. Somewhere around that there is a waist hight fence that makes a triangle shape. We really tried getting out of that but not even explosives helped.
>>
>>336403648
screen shot?
>>
>>336401705
i remember that hearing that shit, which year did you start doing this?
>>
>>336404387
remove the first 'that'

it's 2 am here
>>
>>336404230
I don't have the game anymore. I don't even play games anymore. Playing vidya with my friends every friday night with beer and pizza is something I will always miss from my youth.
>>
File: C3m3_shantytown0001.jpg (439 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
C3m3_shantytown0001.jpg
439 KB, 1920x1080
>>336404230
Somewhere close to here. In a 30 m radius.
>>
>>336399592
The only story I really remember was from L4D1

I was playing the No Mercy campaign with a bunch of randoms and we had gotten to the finale.

Everything was going fine until the helicopter came. I was on the far end of the roof on the top of the little building they had up there, and the tank was running around being a fucker.

He climbed on top where I was, and instead of running to the copter I unloaded on him. As it turns out, he did not like that.

He turns and looks at me and I realize my mistake and try to book it off the roof. I was to slow, or he was to fast, and as I was leaping off the roof the motherfucker hit me midair.

Normally a tank will just fuck you up with one hit, but not kill you. However they have stupid knockback on their hits.

I lived from the hit, but not from being sent off the fucking map.

The only other story is the time karma came back to bite me in the ass in L4D2.
>>
>>336406163
more?
>>
I remember doing that soda glitch with my friend on console.
You know, the one where you throw it over the fence?
Since it was me and him playing in the same room, it was impossible to votekick the two of us.
Good times
>>
>>336399592
t.bh i never understood how the common infected could kill you just by slapping you, stomping on you, and headbutting you. and they squeal while doing it. i mean come on.
>>
>>336400279
how do you do this?
>>
>Versus
>No Mercy
>Finale
>That railcharge

So good when you hit it.
>>
Host when?
>>
File: 1450916895793.gif (2 MB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1450916895793.gif
2 MB, 250x187
>>336400279
How the fuck did you even do that?
>>
>>336407201
>join vs
>on infected team and its this set up
>you're the charger and youmiss
>vote is up to kick you and they waste no time to do it

vs is great...
>>
>>336407990
>join versus
get kicked
>join scavenge
get kicked
>join survival
get kicked
>join campaign
get kicked

Vote to kick is the stupidest shit in the world. Obviously everyone is going to instantly vote Yes before ever finding out who or why.
>>
>>336408350
VS and scavenge you get kicked for making a 1 mistake. In campaign or survival I haven't been kicked much from those 2 modes.

they instant vote if they never seen you before lol and in lobbys the kick you after they check ur low hrs.
>>
>>336408350
Before I got the game on PC I owned it on Xbox, people would vote kick me and rate my account low or something like that because I would sometimes mess up and would usually try to wait for the right moments to strike instead of always blindly rushing
>>
>>336406303
It's kind of a shitty story.

Me and my sister were co-oping the L4D2 campaign that ends at the plantation wit the maze.

At this point it was down to me, her, and some random. The other having died sometime earlier.

She got jumped on by a jockey, and it sent her into the mode where she needed to be saved, which I did. However the Jockey got away.

A few seconds later the gate opens and its time to go, however the random had been jumped on by a hunter.

He was kind of a dick so I said fuck it and let him be eaten, and made a run for the gate.

As it turns out he was lower than I thought, since the hunter was almost immediately able to get off of him and jump onto my sister who was not such a dick to randoms.

I was close to the gate, and decided to leave her to her grisly fate.

As I was making a run for it, right past the last entrance from the maze into the main path, a very familiar face runs out of the maze and starts humping my face, causing us to lose.
>>
>finding a tank in the safe room shortly after release of L4D1
>playing on advanced for the first time on dead air and shit you not having a tank spawn every twenty feet of progress starting from exiting the safe room
>getting into random gunfights with my friends because we looked at each other funny
>finding exploits like blocking the No Mercy elevator, or meleeing through that one shortcut door by the gas station
L4D1 was pretty great
>>
>>336409263
>want to play
>none of my friends want to play anymore
>won't be the same without them
I'm patiently waiting for l4d3.
>>
>>336409446
Fucking same. If I'm lucky I can convince them to play during a game night but then it's just 2 player split-screen.
>>
>>336399592
I wanted to like the series but the community is waaaaaay offputting.

>>336408350
>>336408830
these guys have the right of it
>>
>>336409263
I got my achievement for 1 shotting the witch with a glitch.

You used to be able to fire all the bullets from one of the machine guns in one shot by doing a bunch of stupid shit.

This was on the 360 version, so not sure if it was only doable there.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.