[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Been aware of the Sherlock Holmes games since forever >Never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: download-1.jpg (79 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
download-1.jpg
79 KB, 700x350
>Been aware of the Sherlock Holmes games since forever
>Never really been interested in them, think they're shovelware for the elderly
>Try the newest one because why not
>It's actually really comfy and pretty fun

What the fuck, why did nobody tell me?
>>
>that trigger discipline
Today I learned I'm smarter than Sherlock Holmes
>>
>comfy
>>
>>336398992
Fuck off!
>>
>>336398223
This game is really cool. I was pleasantly surprised with overall quality. First person, design, deduction are really immersive. Wish it would be less linear with decision making: no highlighting, no direct clues resolving. Facts quantity should be much greater and they should not all be leading somewhere. This way you can finish the case in different ways without collecting all the clues and made decisions based on your observation, not your character observations or mini game results. Archive and laboratory should be in your disposal at any time, not in predefined moments. It would be so cool to make decisions of your next step yourself, be it spying in disguise or checking out the criminal informator / gossips, do lab analysis etc. Then synthesize decision of all random facts you collected ignoring what is irrelevant to the case. Less linearity would easily elevate this game from good to great.
Ukrainian gamedev is not dead i guess, hope they will nail it with their next game which is soon / now.
>>
>>336398813

trigger discipline wasn't taught back then autist
>>
Thoughts on Devil's Daughter? I mean based so far in what do we know
>>
File: olololol.gif (2 MB, 240x192) Image search: [Google]
olololol.gif
2 MB, 240x192
They are a pretty decent series.
Never forget the pre-patched spooky Watson
>>
>>336401272
My first thought exactly. The second that being good with you finger near cocks doesn't make you smarter the motherfucking Holmes.
>>
>>336401061
I see what you're saying, and mostly agree.

One thing I have respect for them for is that you can actually get everything completely wrong, and I did a few times. As linear as things may be, at least they aren't just open and shut like many "detective" games seem to be.
>>
someone could spoil me a little? I mean I tried the game in a shop for a few hours and I got the "main" suspect of the case. but still, the Harpoon thing was luck or skill at the end? I mean isn't that ovbious or it is?
>>
>>336401295
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx_g_bGnxYg

Looks a bit shit really

>>336402137
For that case it's pretty much as it seems. The only person able to harpoon like that is a skilled harpoonist, so it has to be the sailor. Why he did it isn't entirely obvious though, unless you've got your clues all sorted.
>>
I have one of them but I never got around to playing it. I'm hoping it's good.
>>
I liked the Testament of Sherlock Holmes despite the bugs it had, fucking Toby. C&P isn't bad either but it was a new take on the series. Not sure about Devil's Daughter.
>>
>>336402375
I've kinda got all the relevant clues so I have a mostly clear picture of the "why?" on my mind. is that with things like Ace Attonery you always have to expect a silly PLOTWIST that throw out the window all you've discovered so far. I know the first case simple and without many complications but still.
>>
>>336401793
If not for different outcomes the game would not be worth discussing. But i really liked the idea, that's why i want them to make the next step. Potential is great and quality is tighter the my asshole during hemorrhoid removal operation.
Btw i guessed all cases correctly, game seemed too easy for me.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13YlEPwOfmk
>>
>>336402601
So once I finish C&P it's worth playing Testament? Low intensity games feel quite appealing at the moment after playing DS3 for some reason.

>>336402648
Honestly I think the WAHT A TWEEST shit in Phoenix Wright is what really turned me off of the series. That, and the massive railroading and items being evidence that make no sense.
>>
>>336402930
Testament is pretty lulzy, I've only played that one. But a lot of it is pounding the left trigger looking for clues all over.
>>
>>336402930
Yeah go for Testament next. Jack the Ripper is good too.
>>
>>336403073
Oh god, it's not a pixel hunter is it?
>>
Crimes and Punishments is pretty good and comfy. It can have a problem with "hunt the clue" where you overlook some thing you're supposed to inspect and end up wandering around seemingly forever but that's all adventure-type games.
>>
What is it with low budget games and detective work? Seems like it's the go to genre if you want to churn out something on the cheap. I think I'm the only person on earth who played Murdered: Soul Suspect
>>
>>336403371
Action is expensive.
>>
>>336403567
It's a videogame, it's not like you're doing things in real life
>>
>>336402930
>That, and the massive railroading and items being evidence that make no sense.
ah yeah, things like how a bottle of ketchup left alone in a long forgotten street is relevant to the case and also how is a key element to decide if the suspect is guilty or not. (mind thou I don't remember well the cases for now but I remember well I struggled A LOT by trying to make the connections with stuff in inventory because HOW IN HELL i'M SUPPOUSED TO HAVE KNEW THAT!?
At the end Ace Attonery is more for silly stuff rather than actual detective work and that works for me
>>
>>336402375
if by shit you mean shit faces then I can give you that.
>>
>>336403941
You have only so many weeks to develop a fucking game with a handful of people. You have to be realistic and stick with doable stuff. You can't just sit down and make a Call of Duty, it takes insane amount of work.
>>
>>336404709
Scripting everything is pretty easy actually
>>
How do these games play, point and click or what?
>>
>>336404892
No, the one in an OP is first person realtime walker. You explore different locations, collect evidence, play mini games / solve minor puzzles to acquire clues. Then comes the most unique part - based on clues you can form conclusions via deduction in specific interface imitating neuron cells. Interesting thing is you can combine clues in different ways and eventually come to contradictory conclusions ending an episode accusing wrong suspect.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.