[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nocturne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: demifiend1.jpg (461 KB, 1517x1017) Image search: [Google]
demifiend1.jpg
461 KB, 1517x1017
Playing nocturne for the first time. Any tips?
>>
>>336394974
Keep the pixie. Fuse her all you want but don't let her go or give her away.

Exploid weaknesses.

Magatama move and shine when they are ready to give you a new skill.

Don't enter the final dungeon before doing all the optional stuff. The game will tell you this, so you will know when it's time.

Magic is for pansies, go full strenght.
>>
Pretty much what >>336395367 said, but a friendly tip.

In order to keep track of the Pixie, just never sacrifice the first slot in a sacrifice fusion or dismiss it. Fuse it all you want, but just remember that the first slot will always have your original Pixie.

Magic is okay in the early part of the game, but that's why you have a party so invest in strength if you feel like it.
>>
Dump all your points into strength.
>>
>>336394974
Strength build. Level up strength 1st then either vit or agi. Thats all

If you wanna min max, level everything to 30 then collect all the magatamas and the final one will give you +10 to each stat except luck

I think bosses are weak on the new kagatsuchi (moon thing on top left of HUD), Some demons give higher crit rates on new or full kagatsuchis as an ability called dark might and bright might

Focus can be OP and is nearly required for True demon ending which is the best route as it has the final final boss.

Exploit the enemies weakness and protect your own, some bosses will fuck you up with an element so you will most likely have to retry with the knowledge that they will use that so switcht to a magatama that nulls it or isnt weak to it

Floaty cubes are item chests and fancy chests gives you better rewards on full kagatsuchi I think but I never bothered with it.

Estoma is handy to have because the encounter rates are insane
Lightoma is nearly required for the Ikebukuro tunnels
You can get both from a the shady broker in the first kalpa who sells you a demon that has those skills for about 15,000
The second kalpa has a shady broker that sells nue for 30,000 with a full heal spell but you should have daisoujou at that point who is much better. Get death stones and fuse on certain kagatsuchi numbers to get him

Cant really think of anything else other than this game will kick your ass and abilities are worth more than stats so get good abilities and keep fusing demons just keep track of which one your first pixie becomes if you even bother to fuse her. I didnt.
>>
buff and debuff are your best friends and your worst enemy. make sure to have them.

physical build>magic build.
>>
>>336394974
Go full strength build
Get Focus
Get Fog Breath
Get Divine Shot or something more powerful
Win the game
>>
pierce is a must if you doing the final final boss. dont replace that skill
>>
File: 1462240606145.png (103 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
1462240606145.png
103 KB, 500x388
>>336394974
USE BUFFS RETARD
>>
>>336395367
why do you keep the pixie?
>>
So, I want to start to play the dhin megami series, but which game is a good start for newcomers?
>>
>>336394974
FOGBREATH
LEARN IT
KEEP IT
>>
>>336398651
if you have a 3ds, SMT4

pretty sure it's on sale
>>
>>336395367
>Don't enter the final dungeon before doing all the optional stuff.
I'd maybe advise against this on a first playthrough, even though you'll miss out on arguably the best ending the amount of end-game grinding you'll have to do to beat the optional superboss can be a bit much.
>>
i want to fug that angel
>>
>>336398896
Angels are pure.
>>
>>336394974
Don't ever let the boss get 3+ turns on you. If any of your demons are weak to the boss just fight him down a man or two.
For some reason I always find myself with bad demons for each area but if you don't want to take the time out to grind/fuse new dudes it's very possible to get through the game with just demi-fiend and another demon.
>>
File: 20160417_000934.jpg (2 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
20160417_000934.jpg
2 MB, 2656x1494
>>336394974
Don't pussy out when it comes to fusion. Learn about elementals and mitamas. If you have to use guides, draw charts, download programs to get a good demon, then do it. But most of all, have fun.
>>
Watch a walkthrough video to beat the Pyro Jack puzzle thingie, because you get a magatama.
>>
>>336394974
>>
>>336394974
Always save before fusing, just do it man. It's not worth having your great demon turn into a slime because of some accident.

Try to prepare your party for each boss, figure out their weaknesses and plan accordingly. If your Demon is weak to their attack, you'll just be giving the boss another turn to attack.

Don't do what I did for the first 1/4 of the game and try to just force your way through.
>>
>>336399482
>didn't get his Black Frost Debilitate
I'm dissapointed in you anon
>>
>>336394974
dark might breaks the game
>>
>>336401210
How come?
>>
>>336401539
you can just wait for the "New" Kagutsuchi phase before every boss and crit them to death.
works for 98% of the bosses.
>>
>>336401890
Fair enough.
>>
File: 1455492114565.jpg (152 KB, 847x1111) Image search: [Google]
1455492114565.jpg
152 KB, 847x1111
>>336394974
Download this
p hps im plic ity. c om/h eretic
thank me later
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.