[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck do people hail this as a godly Castlevania game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Curseofdarknessbox.jpg (871 KB, 1117x1448) Image search: [Google]
Curseofdarknessbox.jpg
871 KB, 1117x1448
Why the fuck do people hail this as a godly Castlevania game? I watched 5 hours of a long play and I am sorry but I just can't for the life of me see why it outclasses previous games of the series even LoI it's predecessor . Sure it has one of the best soundtracks with a very cleverly placed Bloody Tears I might add but aside from that it doesn't hold up. It's not like it's bad like I said CoD and LoI are of the same formula but CoD just made it so boring. Where the hell is the map design why am I in a dull hallway? This game was just not deserving to take place right after Draculas Curse the theme and aesthetics had something going with it but other than that it just feels empty.
>>
>>336391440
>I watched 5 hours of a
stopped reading there
>>
>>336391440
Because it's a solid 3D metroidvania, similar to SotN in that you can equip different items, etc.

It was never hailed as being amazing, even at release. But it's a fun game.
>>
It's alright. I preferred LoI but it's still a good game.
>>
>>336391880
Yes it is a 3D metroidvania but it doesn't do a good job with it compared to Lament of Innocence. The game has a good RPG system don't get me wrong but it is a matter of what you are doing with it is what counts. Going through the game seems so dull compared to previous entries. I have noticed how people praise it without explaining it whatsoever and when people do they hail it for reasons that aren't even true.
>>
>>336391647
So you are telling me that controlling someone to go through pointless hallways would make such a drastic difference compared to just watching it?
>>
>>336392746
you're judging an interactive medium from watching
you don't know how a game feels to control, you just assume
your words means nothing (and neither do the words of paid critics)
>>
File: 8092248501_512d5cd99b_b.jpg (323 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
8092248501_512d5cd99b_b.jpg
323 KB, 683x1024
>>336391440
Why do you judge games on gameplay videos instead of playing it yourself? PS2s are cheap as fuck now, same with this game and if you're really that much of a poorfag just emulate it.

>>336392746
Playing a game is in fact different than watching it yes. Watching 5 hours of gameplay sounds awfully dull.
>>
Last I checked everyone was criticizing it for bland map design, and it was never hailed as something spectacular because of it.
>>
No one has this opinion OP. Literally no one.
>>
Your right, It's actually the worst game in the series. Playing it, I wanted to kill myself.
>>
>>336393093
I'm not talking about the controls themselves it is a matter of what you are doing with them if all I am doing is going through some long hallway and beating some random enemy with the occasional beat em up room that isn't really fun. Lament of Innocence is practically the same game the only difference is that you can actually do things in that game like the 2D metroidvanias. It had actual level design and platforming not the best but it at least had something.
>>
>>336391440
>Why the fuck do people hail this as a godly Castlevania game?

Only the millennial babies.
>>
It's a fun game.
Never heard anyone hail it as godly and I'm convinced you're just making shit up.
>>
>watched
You've gotta play it.
Familiar raising, stealing items and crafting weapons, 3D exploration, the amazing OST.
There's a bunch of tedious backtracking, but it's a neat game overall.
>>
>>336391440

The game suffers from lacklustre environment design but it's still very much a decent Castlevania title.

By that point however it was clear Konami was struggling to compete with Capcom's Devil May Cry series in 3D titles.
>>
>>336391440
>I watched 5 hours of a long play
This is good bait
>>
>>336391647
>>336393808
>>336394335

You are the types of people who comment before finishing a youtube video wouldn't you?
>>
>>336394537
Playing a game and watching it are very different things.
>>
>>336394537
you didn't play the game, your opinion means shit
>>
>>336395468
Okay explain to me then how it is great because if all I see is going through hallway after hallway with no level design that the series was known for I wouldn't even bother to play it explain to me how playing it is so much different.
>>
>>336395724
Don't ask me, I havent played the game
But these gus have
>>336393661
>>336393808
>>336393432
>>
>>336391440
don't know what you mean. it's not godly but I gotta admit:

1) the cast of characters is really good. like St. Germain and Death as a bald monk.
2) the devil forge master summoning gimmick is pretty fucking cool
3) Hector is cool and totally in line with CV's anti-hero characters like Soma or Alucard since he follows a similar trope about having a past that ties together with Dracula which makes a nice contrast to the orginal Belmont heroes
4) the corridors don't bother me, the only bothersome thing is the lack of platforming.
5) OST is god tier to listen to.
6) interesting level concepts despite corridor templates all the time
>>
I skipped over the PS2 ones when I was playing everything from symphony. How's it emulate? Worth playing?
>>
>>336396616
It emulated pretty smoothly for me. I didn't play the other PS2 game, but I enjoyed this one.
Great OST, Dynasty Warriors-like attacking system (square does regular attacks, triangle does a different finisher dependant on how many regular attacks you did). Bunch of different weapons, weapon crafting and plenty of familiars that you can summon and evolve.

It's hit or miss, but it's very much worth trying at the very least.
>>
>>336396616
Try it out
If you don't like it give Lament of Innocence a try
>>
>>336391440
>watching
>cursing or praising the game based on a footage

why is this allowed
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.