[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So tell me why people still think it's a good idea that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1315695861881.jpg (2 MB, 4000x4000) Image search: [Google]
1315695861881.jpg
2 MB, 4000x4000
So tell me why people still think it's a good idea that consoles exist.
>>
blame economics.
>>
>>336390887
Because some people don't care about specs etc... and they just want something that will work every time they come home from work/school in order to play the games they enjoy.
>>
Some people are perfectly happy with the experience a 300 dollar console provides, vs. a 700-2000 dollar PC. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>336390887
Not everyone has the money, knowledge, or desire to keep a pc and its components updated. There are far more steps required than a console.
>>
>>336390887

Consoles are cheap, and allow more people to play videogames.

I love videogames, and enjoy them greatly. I think it's good that other people are able to enjoy my hobby without investing thousands of dollars.
>>
>>336390887
Bitch all you want Sony, MS and nintendo won't stop producing them.
>>
Because without them the industry would never have grown beyond being an extremely niche hobbyist pursuit due to the fact the masses would never have taken to PCs the way they did consoles.

In the modern days they're necessary for the exact same reason; the industry would collapse without the portion of the market the make up.

>inb4 "hurr id rather have nogaemz than console ports" or "durr the industry deserves to die"
>>
File: images(29).jpg (22 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
images(29).jpg
22 KB, 600x451
>>336391158
>>336391274
>>336391330
>>336391362
>>336391367
>>336391437
Pretty much all of this
>>
>>336391274
How often do you get home and your laptop just suddenly doesn't work for no reason?

My xbox 360 and PS3 broke down and had to be replaced, or would freeze or glitch out WAY more often than any PC I've ever built
>>
File: 1461378399061.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1461378399061.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
Consoles are a barrier to shit games. PC has so many games to play that it is overwhelming. For every gem, you get 100 shit indie games. Consoles have to get a seal of quality most of the time. Sure, you get lower frame rates, worse sales and paid online but you can also physically own a disc.
Idort is the only way to go if you view gaming as a serious hobby. If a platform has even 1 good game, I'd buy it. An adult can afford to support his hobby.
>>
>Not having both consoles and pc so you can go to the console while your pc is installing or whatever the fuck

Peasant.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.