[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how the heck do people play this on expert and above? playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: skyrjm.jpg (26 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
skyrjm.jpg
26 KB, 460x215
how the heck do people play this on expert and above? playing on expert atm went to a bandit camp. allwentwell.jpg and then the boss a bandit outlaw kills me n one hit.
>>
Git gud.
>>
File: enb 2014_02_03 03_25_24_53.jpg (213 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
enb 2014_02_03 03_25_24_53.jpg
213 KB, 1920x1080
>>336388193
>the boss a bandit outlaw kills me

I see you don't have the proper mods installed my friend.
>>
Minmaxing and playing to win. If you're trying to do a more RP-like build, you'll get your shit kicked in.
Plus the shitty combat means the only difference in difficulty is damage tables, so it's boring as fuck to play on anything above medium
>>
>>336388418
Legs don't work like that.
Swear the animations gets more retarded with each "update".
>>
What race/level/build is your character atm? You might have to level up a bit more in certain abilities
>>
>>336388808
level 3 wood elf stealth archer
>>
File: 1462260079840.jpg (112 KB, 784x708) Image search: [Google]
1462260079840.jpg
112 KB, 784x708
>>336388849
...well there's your problem right there.
>>
>>336388193
You're supposed to up the difficulty the more you play. When you craft best weapons and armor, you should be playing on legendary.
>>
Try LEGENDARY difficult. Its so ridicilous. I used Lydia as a bait while they kept banging her, I would kill them untill I grew tired slashing a mudcrab 70 times just to kill it. It's not worth it vanilla. Might aswell look for some mods that alter the damage or something.
>>
>>336389152
Is there a mod that actually makes the difficulty consistent though?
Sometimes you have enemies get one-shotted, then the next one has 100 times the health and 1000 times the damage of the previous one.
It's so retarded and completely unpredictable.
>>
>>336389360
>It's so retarded and completely unpredictable.
Yeah it is, it's a bethesda game after all. There might be some mod, maybe another anon can help you in elder scrolls general in /vg/.
>>
Skyrim up to master can be done without cheesing (sneak archery, crafting skills, fortify restoration) if you're not stupid

Pick the right race and standing stone for your build, spread your attributes right, know where to find strong unleveled items etc.
>>
>>336389356
this desu. I'd prefer if difficulty scaled up the damage on you AND the enemies. Then it'd be fair at least.
Of course the best way would be designing a combat system that isn't complete ass
>>
>>336389356
>kept banging her
>>
>>336389360
I haven't seen one before but you do start to see a pattern of which NPCs are the difficult ones and eventually you know which enemies you should focus on the most. I myself have reached the point in the game where nothing really is a challenge unless I put it on legendary and then it really starts getting impossible. So I'm currently just leveling up so I can keep at it even on legendary. It really is a long ass game.
>>
>>336390057
I never did try legendary, I found that master-difficulty makes it almost impossible at times enough already.
>>
>>336390616
You're doing something wrong. Level up your smithing as its broken, regardless of the difficult. Get some ebony ingots from an Orc Stronghold mile in the north and craft deadric weaponary and armor and you're good to go. Just don't go doing Thieves Guild quests without having atleast 500+ health potions in your inventory. That one quest spams around 50 draugr deathlords in a cave you're supposed to clear.
>>
>>336390946
In all my hours of playing I've never had more than 100 or so health potions. Where do you people find enough shit to buy/craft them? I pick every flower I can and buy all the potions I can, gold is not an issue, there's just not enough in the game world
>>
>>336390946
Yeah but you see, I don't WANT to break the game that way, I just want consistency. It's not fun to suddenly get slapped in the face with bullet(sword)sponge#105.
>>
>>336391271
Thing I really hate is when a guy wearing a few fur rags can take literally about 100 arrows, and me with full plate armour dies to some shitter with a dagger
>>
>>336392353
That's another thing, there's no difference between the silly glass armor wearing bandits in oblivion to the leather armor wearing bandit when they're both equally strong.
Atleast in oblivion you knew the fucker was a tough kill, in skyrim you first know you've fucked up when you strike at them.
>>
>>336392751
If I were designing it, I'd have made all the NPC health either constant, or scaling close to the PC. Then make armour a lot more important for absorbing hits, so that it actually matters what you wear.
>>
>>336393110
I wish I had the motivational drive to actually learn how to mod, because I'd want it to be exactly that.
That coupled with the dodge-mod and it could probably make for some interresting gameplay.
>>
>>336388193
Not sure how hard expert is because I'm one of those people who usually plays on highest difficulty unless the game makes it impossible on first run. But generally you're going to need to know the system pretty well and you're going to have to accept some deaths. Every at high level some things like shouts from deathlords seem to have a potential to oneshot me.
A few play tips: 1) Summons scale with difficulty even if you don't, so having atronarchs or dremora as just distraction options if nothing else can be very helpful. 2) If you go into destruction a ways (and even if you go weapons, you probably should for element boosts on enchantment if nothing else) then impact is a huge benefit for staggering troublesome enemies like dragons. 3) It's generally a good idea to sneak a lot, even if you aren't very good at it, since the eye opening can be a good warning about that archer who is going to snipe you from across the room you might have missed.

It's pretty much mandatory at high difficulties that you max enchantment and smithing and you make good gear. Sure you can play well and win with anything, but it will really limit the time you spending pinging away at monsters or death from tiny errors. Smithing is pretty straightforward - get stronger levels, though Starlhim helps with some enchantments. Enchantment you should either zero or significantly reduce casting costs for schools you rely on (like if you are destruction mage) or just focus primarily on resistances and fill out the rest with what helps you out. One thing to note for weapons, is if you get the chaos enchantment it benefits from ALL elemental boosts. The difference between an Absorb Health / Fire weapon and an Absorb Health / Chaos weapon (on both enchantments) is vast. This can make even a lot of legendary pretty easy.
>>
>>336389716
Oh don't worry, anon dosen't have to go to /vg/ someone here can help
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.