[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think about Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: arcanum-mac-screenshot-3.jpg (226 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
arcanum-mac-screenshot-3.jpg
226 KB, 1024x768
What does /v/ think about Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
>>
Great game. The melancholic feel of the music perfectly fits Troika's demise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPjyQtWHbGQ&index=3&list=PL142904ECFCE066AE
>>
I haven't played it, but i love this theme:
https://youtu.be/4twqXjsTUVI

So haunting and lonely
>>
>>336383874
Never played it, but the setting is really unappealing to me.
>>
Drags on too long.
Bland visuals.
Setting is nowhere near as interesting as it sounds.
Horrid overworld.
Boring story.

Good character creation system and build options partially makes up for these flaws but still a slightly above average game at best.
>>
>>336383874
One of my favorites.
>>
Boring and buggy, one of the worst games to come out of cRPG era
>>
Technology is severely underpowered
>>
>>336383874

Steaming pile of shit.

Create a character and do nothing else, you'll have experienced the best it has to offer.
>>
>>336383874

It's one of few western games I enjoyed
>>
Couldn't play it. Combat system is terrible, and dialogue is badly written.
>>
Where do I pirate it?
>>
>>336385686

Same place you'd torrent anything, your friendly local torrent site you goddamn cumsnorting retard.
>>
>>336383874
Interesting game. Unfinished.
>>
>>336383874
gnome Illuminati plot was dope

queen of Tarant and ork breeding
>>
My favorite game of all time.
Shame CoD babbies will never be able to enjoy the classics.
>>
A masterpiece. It aged terribly though
>>
>>336383874
>get to vendigroth ruins
>its newspapers mention an experimental submarine
>realize its the mysterious wreck I pillaged earlier
>>
arcanum is my favourite game

setting is greatest of all time, combat is about on par for crpgs (awful), character creating is perfect, story is ok but side plots are god tier
>>
Can someone make me a good beginner build? I've gotten stressed out looking at the screen on two separate occasions
>>
Played through late last year, I enjoyed it. Great music, too.
>>
Build balanced is proper fucked. Needs a fanpatch or two to fix a lot of the serious bugs and you might want to try one that gives the balance some tweaks.

Cool setting, decent gameplay, meh story. It's great for free.
>>
great game. great setting and story. the mines suck and the combat needed more work. also the balancing favors mages like crazy.
>>
not enough games like it
>>
>wanted to try out tech build because being combat tesla is awesome
>earliest levels are beyond shit
>cheat myself lv 1 and 2 of all techs
>suddenly its fun

best part the magic character I made beforehand was STILL more powerful than the cheated tech one
>>
>>336389162
I think an HD pack made by a modder has been released. I'd advise you to get it. Last time I replayed it, I couldn't cope with the bad graphics.
>>
This is the only game that blew off my mind
>>
>>336389162
If you get the 1st spell in death magic and play on realtime mode you can blast through anything.
>>
>>336389162
Ignore Beauty.
Go full magic.
Don't ignore Dex
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.