[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name ONE multiplayer online game where snipers have made it a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 800x596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 800x596
Name ONE multiplayer online game where snipers have made it a better experience.

Go on. You can't.
>>
Rising Storm. Best way to kill clapper flamers.
>>
>>336376113
Tf2.
They aren't reallly unbalanced, and they are quite fun to kill as spy.
>>
File: jambajuice.jpg (25 KB, 497x524) Image search: [Google]
jambajuice.jpg
25 KB, 497x524
SOCOM 1&2 aside from a couple maps where there was open fields perfect for snipers
you could have sniper or pistol only matches, something you cant do in shooters anymore
>>
tf2
>>
TRIBES ASCEND
>>
>>336376113
TF2
>>
>Snipers in multiplayer games
TRIGGERED

Fucking snipers completely ruined Global Agenda.
>>
>>336376113
Metroid Hunters
unless if you are that much of a fag and hate Trace
>>
>>336377391
>>336377278
>>336377253
Muh niggers.
>>
>>336376113
Bad Company 2 sniping was the best. Also hearing the enemy sniper's bullet whizz by your head always made it exciting.
>>
>>336377253
>>336377278
>>336377391
This.
>>
>>336377253
>>336377278
>>336377391
But they don't make it better. Do snipers capture points? Do they push the cart? No, they just stand there.
>>
>>336376113
Enemy Territory.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-06+at+03.16.33).jpg (40 KB, 375x467) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-06+at+03.16.33).jpg
40 KB, 375x467
>mfw they made snipers trash in this ghost in the shell cod clone
best $2.50 I ever spent
>>
Tribes. Thats it.

Snipers are always the faggots that dont push objectives, then bitch and moan about how "my team is shit gg"
>>
>>336377717
They are ment to pick enemies.
As are spys, pyros(maybe) and scouts.
>>
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence's Metal Gear Online
>>
Name ONE multiplayer online game where a tickrate lower than 60 made it a better experience
>>
>>336377717
>Do snipers capture points? Do they push the cart?
Yes?

>No, they just stand there.
Only shitty snipers stand in one place all the time.
>>
>>336376113
quake
>>
BF3. Damm BF3 was great.
>>
>>336377253
Quick scoping is a fair and balanced mechanic.
>>
Battlefield 3
>inb4 madfags cant handle designated marksman rifles
>>
>>336377996
why would you even need to make this post, as if anyone would disagree with you
>>
Payday 2
>>
Battlefield hardline.

After the change that removed 1 shot sniper kills, the game became unplayable
>>
>>336378087
As are crockets, stickys in general...
>>
MAG.
>>
>>336377520
FUCK YOU.

I WANT TO BE YOUR NIGGER.
>>
File: 1459724423748.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459724423748.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
>>336377886
Shotgun master race
>>
>>336378350
You also can, anon.
>>
>>336376113
Splatoon
>>
>>336378461
aight
>>
File: athetits.jpg (129 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
athetits.jpg
129 KB, 500x333
>>336377253
>>336377278
>>336377391
You're an idiot if you think this, the sightlines in TF2 have gotten bigger and bigger every year. Think of Thundermountain. You have one asshole sniping you across the entire map from right outside his spawn.
TF2 is also a game where territorial control is very effective so you can't just flank the guy and call it a day, if he's sitting within range of a sentry then tough shit for you.
This is the exact fucking opposite of a better experience.
>>
>>336378762
I'm mad about snipers: The Post
>>
>>336378762
>You're an idiot if you think this, the sightlines in TF2 have gotten bigger and bigger every year.
Well that's the fucking point you moron. Snipers are supposed to excel at long range and suck in close range.

If they would get smaller and smaller then pyro would be inbalanced since he is the exact opposite, excels at close range but sucks beyond that.

>Think of Thundermountain. You have one asshole sniping you across the entire map from right outside his spawn.
You can hide behind/on the opposite side of the cart the cart while pushing it.

>inb4 but it's harder to fight other classes that way!
That's why you BLU team is given so much time to do this.

>TF2 is also a game where territorial control is very effective
There are multiple classes who can counter said control.

>so you can't just flank the guy and call it a day, if he's sitting within range of a sentry then tough shit for you
>whatare spies
>what are demos

>This is the exact fucking opposite of a better experience
Sounds like you want a game with only Soldier in it.
>>
>>336379413
>in "I'm Mad About Snipers: The Thread"
That's the best you could come up with? Jesus
>>
>>336378762
>if he's sitting within range of a sentry then tough shit for you
Yeah Anon, a sniper standing right next to a sentry is literally unbeatable. Every time this happens I simply quit because I know there is no way we can get past this.

Valve pls nerf.
>>
File: bitch.jpg (31 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
bitch.jpg
31 KB, 235x235
>>336379648
>Well that's the fucking point you moron. Snipers are supposed to excel at long range and suck in close range.
This does absolutely nothing to provide a better gameplay experience when nearly every single other weapon in the game suffers from both damage falloff (and damage ramp-up), and bullet weapons have inaccuracy modifiers. Sniper is literally the outlier.
>You can hide behind/on the opposite side of the cart the cart while pushing it.
Out of all the maps in the game to say this shit you say it in Thundermountain, the one where you have to push the cart up a ramp, the one with massive vertical differences?
>That's why you BLU
Did you fucking forget BLU can also choose the sniper class? I can't make sense of your post, this is just too fucking stupid
>>
>>336379648
>>336380067
And also
>If they would get smaller and smaller then pyro
Did you just not consider the possibility of the sightlines staying the same? How can this not be the logical conclusion here?
>>
File: my dick.jpg (125 KB, 484x462) Image search: [Google]
my dick.jpg
125 KB, 484x462
I would also say TF2 but

>SNIPER ONLY SERVERS
>FUCKING
>EVERYWHERE

>Snipers are 100% of the time either tryhard teenagers thinking being Sniper in TF2 takes actual skill

>Or third worlders thinking being Sniper in TF2 takes actual skill
>>
>>336380067
>This does absolutely nothing to provide a better gameplay experience when nearly every single other weapon in the game suffers from both damage falloff (and damage ramp-up), and bullet weapons have inaccuracy modifiers.
That's why nearly every single other weapon in the game is not suitable for long range combat.

>Out of all the maps in the game to say this shit you say it in Thundermountain, the one where you have to push the cart up a ramp, the one with massive vertical differences?
>it's not 100% effective so it's useless!
It's still enough to make the enemy sniper miss a shot or target someone else first.

>Did you fucking forget BLU can also choose the sniper class? I can't make sense of your post, this is just too fucking stupid
Snipers are about territorial control/picks when on defense, while on offense they are mostly about picks/countersniping.

What is even your point? You are literally arguing against variety in gameplay. Well in that case you are playing the wrong game.
>>
>>336379648
>Pyro
>Ever unbalanced
Maybe in the sense of being worthless but not in the way you're >implying
>>
>>336377559
BC2 also had the sniper model that was most satisfying to kill
>>
>>336380528
On third world internet I bet it does.
>>
>>336381225
Put pyro and any other class in a 2x2x2m room. Guess who wins.

Now make a map consisting only of 2x2x2 rooms.

See my point?
>>
>>336381036
>That's why nearly every single other weapon in the game is not suitable for long range combat.
Yes, that's what I said, thank you
>Snipers are about territorial control/picks when on defense, while on offense they are mostly about picks/countersniping.
Literally what does this change about anything
>still advocating "just hide behind the cart"
This is absolutely fucking unfeasible when the rest of the enemy team is also there. Besides, what is your dumb ass gonna do when you play a CP map?
>You are literally arguing against variety in gameplay.
It's absolutely terrible variety. You know what also counts as variety? Pomson, Sandman, DR. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's good.
>>
>>336377931
This, fuck snipers.
>>
>>336381434
Yes, it's a completely retarded point because
A) such map doesn't exist
B) depending on the circumstances, heavy would win
C) you actually said that huge sightlines making snipers strong wasn't an issue so I have no idea what this point is trying to convey according to you
>>
>>336381543
>This is absolutely fucking unfeasible when the rest of the enemy team is also there.
Well tought luck, you can't have everything and win no matter what you do. That's the point of playing the game.

> You know what also counts as variety? Pomson, Sandman, DR
Those are unbalance because they are clearly superior to all other alternatives most of the time. Snipers are not.

>Just because it's different doesn't mean it's good
You make it sound like it's bad just because it's different.
>we should get rid of snipers because no other class can be so effective at long range
>we sholud get rid of soldiers because no other class can rocket jump
>we should get rid of demos because no other class can put stickies and attack from around the corner
>we should get rid of pyro because n other class can deflect
>we sholud get rid of scout because no other class is so fast
>we should get rid of medic because no other class can heal so effectively
>we should get rid of engie because no other class can put sentries/dispensers/tele
>we should get rid of spies because no other class can be invisible
>we should get rid of heavy because no other class can soak so much damage
Is how you sound.

>>336381702
>A) such map doesn't exist
There are maps that have places like this though and that's where pyros shine

>B) depending on the circumstances, heavy would win
I doubt it, unless pyro doesn't know how to airblast

>C) you actually said that huge sightlines making snipers strong wasn't an issue so I have no idea what this point is trying to convey according to you
It would be an issue if huge sightline would make up the entire map. But that's not the case unless you play on sniper only servers, which are sniper only for a reason.
>>
>>336376113
CSGO. Without AWP it's just twitch reaction RNG shit
>>
>>336376113
doesnt exist
snipers are inherently flawed from a design perspective in that they allow passive engagement of enemies from a range that doesnt put you at risk of counterattack
as a result theyre a magnet for children and third world monkeys who dont have the two brain cells needed to aim well while making the correct strategic decisions necessary to survive in active combat engagements

its never fun to fight snipers, its never fun to have sniper teammates
fuck em
>>
I would say Splatoon except e-liter is cancer on towers
>>
>>336382834
>they allow passive engagement of enemies from a range that doesnt put you at risk of counterattack
That's simply false. I can't think f any game where you can't reach snipers and kill them in close range.

While in pretty much all games snipers are fucking shit at close range and die very easily.

It's a single concept of being good at long range and bad at close range.

>as a result theyre a magnet for children and third world monkeys who dont have the two brain cells needed to aim well while making the correct strategic decisions necessary to survive in active combat engagements
Snipers need to survive engagements against other snipers, just as close range classes need to survive engagements against other close range classes.
>>
>>336376113
Verdun? I can't think of many games where being out in the open is discouraged like in real life
>>
>>336376113
Name ONE man on planet earth who hasn't fucked your mother.
>>
>>336376113
Name ONE multiplayer online game where classes other than snipers have made it a better experience.

Go on. You can't.
>>
>>336383590
OP, he's a fag after all.
>>
File: slayers_tmp28.jpg (102 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
slayers_tmp28.jpg
102 KB, 720x400
>>336376113
I loved being an anti-sniper-sniper in Battlefield Vietnam.
Hiding in the bushes and looking for muzzle-flashes.
>>
>>336383432
>doesnt understand that "long" and "close" range are not dichotomous and implying their equivalence is incredibly fucking stupid because their risk factors are not ever even close to equal
>snipers must exist because enemy snipers exist
t. aforementioned third world monkey
play less counter strike, study more game design
>>
>>336383029

E liters can ruin a lot of shit.

Two splatfests ago an eliter on the wall in camp triggerfish completely pinned you down unless you had a decent team.
>>
What do you prefer. Snipers or 1 hit kill shotguns
>>
>>336384931

I main Hydra and I pride myself in being anti-e-liter, so I love it when they sit up there and assume they're safe, but goddamn when I play any other weapon that shit is frustrating as fuck
>>
>>336377278
>>336377391
>>336377253
>Dumb sniper players SERIOUSLY think sniper adds anything to tf2
>>
>>336383029
>>336384931
I've never seen a weapon define a match experience more accurately than an E Liter sniper. They're either good and mowing you down, or they're the single handed downfall of their team.

There is no on between.
>>
>>336384739
>doesnt understand that "long" and "close" range are not dichotomous
They are. That's the whole point.

>snipers must exist because enemy snipers exist
>snipers can't exist because they are better one thing while also being worse at another
k

>study more game design
Good one, I'd rather have a job.

Even game designers don't study game design unless they are too retarded to use common sense..
>>
>>336385479
>long range picks are nothing
>>
>>336378262
Mah nigga

Valor 4 lyfe
>>
>>336376113
SOCOM, all of them up to PS3
Red Orchestra 1 & 2
TF2
Bad Company 1 & 2
>>
Sniper Elite 2 and 3.
>>
>>336382652
Not the same guy but how exactly does airblast help against a heavy? All it does for me is push him out of range so I get killed quicker while doing less damage
>>
>>336385639
It is nothing. Every single other class in the game has to get in close to kill the sniper.
>>
>>336385123
The shotguns, because they can only 1shot at close range, introduced risk/reward. Sniper rifle feasibly can 1shot at any range
>>
>>336377717
They are one of the main counters to Heavy and Soldier, very high damaging classes
>>
>>336376113
Sniper Elite.
>>
>>336386076
You push him upwards aganist a wall.
>>
Bad company2

Cause thet couldnt prone
>>
File: 1456559366299.jpg (231 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1456559366299.jpg
231 KB, 720x720
>Go on public tf2 server
>Half of our team is useless fucking snipers.
Are there servers that put a limit on spies and snipers? What tag do i have to search? One sniper is probably worth it for the psychological value, but more than than just means we play with one less player in our team.
>>
>>336386186
>It is nothing.
How?

>Every single other class in the game has to get in close to kill the sniper.
What is even your point here? Elaborate.
>>
Snipers in battlefield games make me rage to no end. And im not talking about enemy snipers, i never get killed by snipers and theyre free kills.
What pisses me off is when half my team is sniping.
They get a fraction of the kills.
They are shit spawn points.
They never cap objective.
Majority of them wont spot enemies so no one takes their kill.
Enemy team steamrolls us with vehicles because half my fucking team is sitting on a roof somewhere.

Youd think theyd realize how useless they are 10 mins into the match when its 450 tickets to 150.

Its amazing to do no kill matches and still score 5x higher than any sniper simply by capping objectives.
>>
>>336386362
But he simply shoots down and kills me anyway. Him being in the air gives me no extra damage, and gives him no less damage. It's not like he'd be running away if I didn't airblast him, the heavy is literally the slowest class in the game
>>
Dirty Bomb
>>
>looking through your scope magicaly makes your bullet deal more dmg
>any other weapons that shoots bullets can't deal crit dmg when you shoot someone directly in the head (except ambasador)
>good

>game have random crits as default
>your weapon has chance to shoot magic projectile that deals more dmg than normally

come on, i play tf2 but i'm also getting tired of this shit
>>
>>336386561
>Go on public tf2 server
Well there's your problem.

>One sniper is probably worth it for the psychological value, but more than than just means we play with one less player in our team.
It's good to have one sniper if he's good, which is rare on pubs since thay have a rather high skill floor.

It's good to have 2 snipers if they are both exceptionally good, which is rare overall because skill ceiling is even higher.
>>
>>336386850
>But he simply shoots down and kills me anyway.
He can't do that for a short moment, which is usually enough to get a kill with degreaser+axtinguisher.
>>
Csgo. Awp has slow fire rate and it's slow and expensive
>>
>>336386575
Sniper is the only class in the entire game with long range capabilities. The only way to counter a sniper is either get past his entire time to kill him, or your own sniper. It's poorly designed.
>>
>>336376113
What's with this spongebob stuff lately?
Is it because you don't need any insight to get this meme?
>>
>>336387619
>Sniper is the only class in the entire game with long range capabilities.
Every class has its own gimmick than no class can replicate or can't be as effective at.

Every gimmick also has one or more counter gimmicks.

>The only way to counter a sniper is either get past his entire time to kill him, or your own sniper.
Well spies have an easy time doing that.
>>
>>336387967
This is an anime website
>inb4 spongebob is not anime because it is not from le GLORIOUS NIPPON!!1
>>
>>336388017
>Demoman can't replicate the Soldier's rocket jump or do area denial better than the Engineer
>Soldier can't protect a medic better than a heavy
>>
Splatoon, the sniper actively contributes by marking turf even when they miss, when they get kills and can set up long lanes for teammates to fast travel into enemy turf
>>
Sniper elite
>>
>>336388868
I disagree I think I'd have more fun with an assault rifle instead.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.