[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you taking a bow and a minute of your time to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: todd.jpg (189 KB, 768x1280) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
189 KB, 768x1280
Why aren't you taking a bow and a minute of your time to praise this man?

Thanks to FO4 i now understand the difference between making a good game and making a game that sells copies and why you shoudn't be bothering with making a good game

"It just works", i now know what he means
>>
File: 1449214378188.png (225 KB, 445x496) Image search: [Google]
1449214378188.png
225 KB, 445x496
This man is my hero
>>
File: 1407639860867.jpg (34 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1407639860867.jpg
34 KB, 210x230
Delete this thread.
>>
>>336372939
>implying it ever was a bad game
It seriously had hundreds of hours of content whats not to like
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 301x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 301x343
>>336372939
What do you mean, OP? Fallout 4 is clearly both of those! It's even better with the Wasteland Workshop DLC!
>>
>>336373183
>>336372939

delete your life
>>
>>336373310
Anon, this game has to be the definition of casualbait, i enjoyed it too, but the game gets uninteresting as fuck past level 20
>>
Is Todd the reason both ES and Fallout have turned to shit? Ever since he took control the games have become more dumbed down, more action focused and had less player choice.

He seems like some kind of idiot who just wants to copy things from successful games like Mass Effect and Day-Z. Is he doing it for sales, or is he really just that much of a drooling casual?
>>
>>336375304
Seems like they hired him/made him more prominent in their development to increase profit. Don't know why else they would - and that'd result in appealing to more people, which means a game with a lot less depth, generally.
>>
>>336375304
Yes, considering he was in charge of the games that completely shit on the previously established lore and mechanics

Think about it, FO4 and Skyrim changed to the point that they feel like Spin-offs compared to the old games

A 4th (Or 5th game in a series) should be a big boom, but no, it was just casual bait masked under lots of things that increased the "Wow!" factor and attracted the casual gamer to buy the game

What we have now is not a long time developed gameplay style that is getting refined more and more each time making it a really complex, challeging and engaging experience for the player. What we have now is a dumbed down system that can be broken if you know what you are doing, but who cares when you have Dragons, and magic swords and whatever

It's kind of depressing really, i used to defend FO4 for being more entertaining than NV and recently i gave NV another chance and i'm still getting amazed by what i can find by just wandering a little or by watching a video of a guy who built his character different than mine
>>
>>336375304
No, the stockholders are to blame. Casual games sell $$$$$$
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.