[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get to Yhorm >don't know how to use weapon arts >find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
>get to Yhorm
>don't know how to use weapon arts
>find stormruler, charge it, still only does 100 damage when I attack
>beat him 100 damage at a time with a spear in the most intense battle yet
>find out I could have dealt 5,000+ by attacking while charging
I feel stupid
>>
You hit his arm a few times and he falls to the ground. The tiny amount of damage meant that this fight had to have some gimmick, and it ends up his glowing arm that was on fire was it!
>>
>>336373040
He never got staggered once throughout the fight.

If you charge stormruler and do a weapon art attack it can deal 5,000+ in one attack.
>>
>Onion knight joins the battle because I saved him
>realize I'm doing shit damage
>see boss health chunk down
>Damn dude, what spell are you hitting him with?

I figured Siegward was just OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 200x226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 200x226
>>336373323
>figure out its a gimmick based on onion bro's weapon
>cool I better go and help him out
>grab storm ruler
>mfw onion bro died while I was equipping it
>>
File: 1459818165231.png (76 KB, 276x257) Image search: [Google]
1459818165231.png
76 KB, 276x257
>>336372783
>>don't know how to use weapon arts
>>
In my 2nd ng i fighted him normally out of spite for the gimmick mechanic, and his moveset is another disappointment
Devs didn't even try giving him something worthy of his status since they thought everyone would just storm rule his ass or let Siegward do it
>>
>>336373601
I've been using a spear the entire game, I don't think it even has one.
>>
>>336373793
Literally every single weapon in the game has a weapon skill, even if it's just Stance. It says it right there in the item description.
>>
>>336373793
Geez, people like you should at least try the new mechanics
>>
honestly they really fucked up the usage of storm ruler. In Demons Souls, any time you attacked with it in that specific boss room, strong OR light attack- it would do the special

but nope. they just tell you to enter stance mode, but no other weapon requires you to hold and charge the stance, not to mention having to THEN use stance+R2

its so unintuitive.

the presentation of it was also garbage. in Demons Souls the sword is sticking out of a stone arch and you actually pull that shit out, like the fucking sword in the stone. here its just a generic item on a corpse.
>>
>>336373498
You failed him anon.
>>
>I feel stupid

You are.
>>
File: stormruler-on-hand.jpg (25 KB, 300x416) Image search: [Google]
stormruler-on-hand.jpg
25 KB, 300x416
>>336373940
it also looks like garbage. it had a real fancy look in DeS
>>
>>336373940

This, I feel like it also robbed us of a cool fight with what could have been a cool boss just for some hackneyed Demon's Souls reference.
>>
>>336374281
you know they could of used it during the king of storms boss instead
>>
File: 1455055315537.jpg (98 KB, 635x457) Image search: [Google]
1455055315537.jpg
98 KB, 635x457
>>336372783
My first kill on Yhorm was without the stormruler
It was a marathon, prioritizing hits on the arms (2x damage) and then the legs (1x damage)

On my second playthrough I did Siegward's story right and the fight was trivial. And then I hear the stormruler makes the fight just as cheesy as with Siegward. I feel like Yhorm is the worst executed boss in the game
>>
>>336374281
there was also no fucking reason for it. Yorm is a perfectly good boss in his own right, ruined by a VERY needless gimmick. At least Demon's Souls made sense, you couldnt hit the enemy because it was flying the whole time. it was a specifically designed gimmick boss. Yorm feels like they made the boss, then halfassedly decided to make it a gimmick stormruler fight at the last minute
>>
>>336374414
holy fuck this
>>
>>336373940
I agree. It's pretty obvious the fight has some gimmick, but even after finding the sword and trying every combination, including stance, I didn't figure it out.
>>
>>336374414

This would have made infinitely more sense. Or at least let us use it for Phase 1 instead of trying to hack away at that fucking thing's neck to get to the interesting part of the fight.
>>
>>336373940
Yeah it seems that ever since dark souls 1 from decided to only have items obtained from corpses with no exceptions, while I really liked that certain weapons in DeS where stuck in the ground.
>>
>>336373741
Well he is basically a humanoid version of the Storm King and all that nigga did was shoot needles at you
that was still a fucking sick fight tho since it felt like you were actually splitting the skies, Yhorm was a nice homage but not as cool
>>
Huh, I didn't even know about the stormruler thing. Just staggered him multiple times by hitting his arm.
>>
>>336374643
I think when you use the weapon art to charge it you are supposed to notice it sounds like it's charging up
>>
>>336374958
You pull out the sword from Iudex though.
So "no exceptions" is wrong.
>>
>>336373940
With the storm king that fight was all about time, as you had to hit him with it as he was flying by. Since Yhorm was a 1v1 fight and it staggered him it would be way too easy if it didn't have a charge up time
>>
>>336373601
I knew there were weapon arts, but I didn't know there were ones that changed if you charged them up.
>>
>>336375436
all about timing*
>>
Sure seems like Storm Ruler wasn't meant for this fight.
>>
>>336372783
I actually got him down to a little less than half on the Japanese version cause I didn't realize the weapon was storm ruler at the time. You can eventually get a riposte action on his head but fuck it takes forever.
>>
I just tanked him while sigbro sonic boomed him from half court.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.