[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/, What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Coverdoom3-1-.jpg (38 KB, 344x500) Image search: [Google]
Coverdoom3-1-.jpg
38 KB, 344x500
So /v/,
What went right?
>>
The engine the game was built on became open source and some people ended up making a Thief successor with it
>>
>>336371230
I enjoyed this game, i saw nothing wrong that would make me say "this game is unplayable" the only problem with this game is that people still think the original Doom trilogy is the best thing that ever happened to the world and can't get their nostalgia goggles off for 2 seconds.

It's the same reason why they shill so hard at the new DooM
>>
>>336371585
I felt it was a solid game on its own but so many people just think of it as a tech demo for idTech, why is that? may not have been like Doom 1 or 2 but it was far more than an engine seller
>>
>>336371230
Closet monsters and flashlight unusable while aiming (which ended up being patched)
other than that the game is good
>>
>>336371230
Legit 7.5/10
It wasn't very doomy but it wasn't a bad game at all.
>>
>>336372530

Still holds up pretty decently too. Played Doom 3 and RoE with a great Tweak and HD mod. Super Shotty was real fun, all the weapons felt pretty nice.

Pretty fucking long too, think I clocked in 14n hours plus some more with RoE.

I kinda had force my way to slug through it the last quarter and I will be honest I ended up cheesing the boss in the end because I didn't give a shit anymore and just wanted it be over.

I'd probably give it a 7/0, maybe even 6/10. Memorable to a degree, okay to play but certainly does over stay its welcome.
>>
>>336371230
The final boss was so fucking badass.
>>
>>336371585
The Dark Mod is now standalone.
>>
The interactive terminals were TECHNOLOGY as fuck
Letting you see a lot of the Mars base before it all went to shit
Hell
Doomguy was pretty cool, and I like how they handled him being mute in cutscenes

It's been a good while since I played it, though. I tried it again months ago but my pc crashed the moment I fired the shotgun and the game wouldn't launch again.
>>
I loved it. Great game, great horror, great concept, great and true to Doom series, despite being paced differently.

The initial tour you take of the facility before hell breaks free is amazing, and gets you very immersed in the game, the people, the facility, and everything.

I liked all the little secrets, and the gunplay felt pretty good.

I know I was scared throughout most the game, and having the shotgun equipped while rounding corners was the only thing that seemed to settle my nerves.. Until it would run out of ammo.

I like how the game never handed you anything, either. You had to listen to audio logs, read e-mails, and when I first played it I was young to pass all that shit over as pointless, but you find out so much useful information in those, and it's all just interesting to see how the events went down before they went down.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.