[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I buy Dark Souls ll:SotFS on PS4 will I be forced to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1080
If I buy Dark Souls ll:SotFS on PS4 will I be forced to play with the new "harder" enemy placement or will I have the option to play the original version as well? Also how much harder is it? Neglible? whats the ranking of Souls games by difficulty?
>>
I have sotfs on my PC and it's great. Don't notice that much. First one was really tough and annoying after experience tho 2 is just a breeze at first and o stop caring about how many souls I have. 3 idk
>>
>>336365732
Yes, but it's not harder. Just different.
>>
SoTFS is completely stand-alone and there is no way to switch between DaS2 enemy placement / SoTFS changes.

I'd say it's an improvement overall, unless you're trying to speedrun the game.
>>
It's not harder enemy placement, it's just better enemy placement. Some areas might be slightly harder or easier, but the flow of enemy placement feels better.
>>
>>336365863
>>336366008
>>336366021
>>336366120
I wanna say thanks to you who responded and answered my question
>>
It's called the scholar of the first sin edition because it's minor changes are different from the original. Honestly, the earlier boss fights are some of the hardest in the series if you compare in the beginning of games. The Pursuer will fuck you up and there are the Three Ruin Sentinels. The first guy is pretty easy but good luck trying to kill the other two because you have to fight them at the same time. Other than that, it's probably the easiest game in the series. The secrets walls are harder to find though, especially comparing to dark souls 1 and 3
>>
File: 1433058644059.jpg (51 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1433058644059.jpg
51 KB, 960x720
>still costs $50 to buy last year's yearly rehash
>>
>>336365732
I wouldn't say the new enemy placements are harder, the changes are mostly there to make the levels have a stronger flavor of their own.
For example, most Heide Knights are in Heide's Tower of Flame, not randomly placed all over.

One thing that could be seen as added difficulty is that some levels clearly have more challenging paths that you're supposed to return to later. It's an attempt to make the game less linear, and I think it works pretty well
>>
>>336366263
DS2 is $30 right now and BB is $40
>>
>>336366263
It's 40 bucks on steam, I'm sure you could get it for 20-30 on g2a or something.
>>
>>336366253
Pursuer is an optional boss that just unlocks a shortcut (allowing you to skip No Man's Wharf), and Ruin Sentinels can be skipped by exploring carefully
>>
>>336366605
>>336366743
SotFS is $50 though on steam, i wanted to get that version to co-op with a friend
>>
>>336366801

Get it. SotFS is great and I like it better than DS3.
>>
File: 6QAtzAf.png (624 KB, 1168x687) Image search: [Google]
6QAtzAf.png
624 KB, 1168x687
It's pretty okay as a business manager.
>>
>>336366801
A global key on g2a is less than $23, just checked.

>>336366758
It's still idea to kill her early on for the ring, very easy to cheese the fight with the balista anyway.
>>
>>336366895
i got DS1 for like < $10 after DS2 came out, that shit went on sale all the time. hopefully they'll put DS2 on sale at some point before i finish 1 and 3
>>336366983
oh shit, thanks man i'll check it out
>>
>>336366801
Hey man, it should drop to like 15 bucks tops during next sale anyway.
>>
Did anybody get a chance to pickup BB when it was on sale for $20 at walmart?
>>
>>336366253
the only thing difficult about Pursuer early is if you dont have enough agility, all his moves are slow and telegraphed and can be rolled on reaction. As for the ruin sentinals the 3rd one doesnt come down immediatly and you can kill the 2nd sentinal before he drops down
>>
>>336366983
>Her
>Having headcanon genders for Souls bosses
>>
Why is Dark Souls 1 so much harder than 2 BB and 3? Me thinks its the clunkyness of it
>>
>>336367292
Not that it matters what gender the pursuer is, was just trying to avoid getting corrected by some lorefag.

>>336367345
DaS1 is probably the easiest out of the bunch since it's very easy to hide behind a shield and just counter what are mostly very telegraphed and slow enemy attacks. Compare that to 2 or 3 where you're almost always fighting packs of mobs that can easily combo you to death.
>>
>>336367345
It's not. It takes learning. I did so many playthroughs of ds1 I can parry and kill most bosses in 1 or 2 tries.

I'm really bad at ds2, it was a fairly easy first playthrough compared to my first DS1 playthrough, but I'm only on my second playthrough of the game since release.
>>
>>336366983

Pursuer is a male nice try SJW.
>>
I didn't like scholar of the first sin because there were times when regular enemies would be out of sight, like all of them. But at first, the number of regular enemies would be reduced until it gave away a free path to a boss fight. I don't know why it did that but what the fuck were they thinking?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.