[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw reintsalled RIFT after god knows how long >tfw it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 16207-rift-overview[1].jpg (72 KB, 677x308) Image search: [Google]
16207-rift-overview[1].jpg
72 KB, 677x308
>tfw reintsalled RIFT after god knows how long
>tfw it went full P2W to the extent that you have to buy literal EQUIPMENT SLOTS
>tfw the forums are filled with people like this:

>Good lord, the ppl this game has attracted since F2P hit is awful.

>crying about 15$? on a person by person basis that is nothing.. that is less than 2 ppl eating meals at McDonalds.

>Playing Rift since launch I have paid about 800$ just in Sub Fees because i have been ALWAYS subbed. Plus the original box was something like 50$ and the xpack SL was about the same.

>So disregarding any perks, extra things from the store, the collectors editions and DLC i got, i paid about 1,000$ when it was sub based only ( plus monthly sub through F2P)

>I cant for the life of me understand why paying 15$ here and there or 30$ to unlock more content is a big deal... they need the funding to keep pumping out content... do you REALLY think Trion is that greedy? really, come on now. lets be honest with ourselves. how much does it cost them to run, host, repair, patch, plus pay their employees, their rent. etc

>Then all the Free to play players who will literally not spend a dime and cry about any potential bottle necks that try to get them to pay for a product they use.....

>talk about selfish... who are the greedy ones here?

>tfw deinstalling

And I was looking forward to just building a dimension and PvPing... then I also found out that you need to have raid gear to PvP now. :(
>>
>>336359982
Yes, Trion ruined the game with this p2w nonsense.

Are you the op from the other day?
>>
>>336361660
Yes. Should've just left it alone, this sucks. :(

Tried to look for new builds and whatnot on the official forums and everything's so empty and every thread has people complaining about how they can't find people to play with etc.

Oh well.
>>
>>336362032

Welcome to MMOs in the current decade. Nothing's even worth give a chance.
>>
>>336359982
>deinstall
>not uninstall
>>
I don't get why people ever thought this game would be good. There was never anything challenging or meaningful in it from day 0, and it even launched with dungeon finder matchmaking to seal the deal.
>>
>>336362583
I remember it being pretty damn good a few years ago though, endgame PvP was fun and endgame PvE wasn't unreachable to someone who wasn't a 24/7 PvE player.
>>
mandatory must-view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoW36Rjh-w0
>>
What a shame. I liked it when it first came out. Fun, good looking at the time, albeit boring after a week like all these WoW type MMOs.
>>
>Equipment slots
The earring slots are not hard to acquire with in-game plat by the time you turn lvl 65. before that they're pretty much irrelevant while leveling, they're honestly still kind of irrelevant at 65 with the introduction of orbs everyone uses to boost gear stats. earrings is just another way to get enough stats to qualify for "experts" (harder version of regular dungeons) sooner. Also bought a retail version of RIFT on amazon for like $9.00 (lol), and the keycode from it entitled my account to a shitload of goodies that would've costed me like $70.00 otherwise. you just have to be smart about it and roll with the punches.

Now that I remember, my mage had horrible shit earrings when I hit lvl 65, I think they were lvl 60 (green) earrings with laughable stats that werent even helping me at all, but I used like 3 orbs that costed me like 5 plat each at auction house, and that gave me enough stats to do experts. This is honestly a non-issue
>>
>>336365423
Are you currently playing or have recently played a mage? If so, can you please tell me what the current DPS FotM builds are for PvE/PvP (and control/whatever for PvP) so I can just focus on researching them? Because the official forum is really goddamn depressing.
>>
>>336362191
Project Gorgon is like a tiny hopeless hobbit making its journey to MMO glory but its path looks so daunting I don't think I'll make it.

But it has almost zero focus on PvP at the moment so that'll turn alot of people off. It's definitely not for every one, but if you liked skilling and question in runescape then its probably for you.
>>
>>336362397
OP is german
>>
>>336365908
Jawohl meine Schwantz du bist super glucklische im ihre Arschloch! Ja! Ja! Jawohl!
>>
>>336364530
Rift is not perfect but this nig sounds like a drama queen bitch tbqh
>>
File: 1457130321898.jpg (44 KB, 640x674) Image search: [Google]
1457130321898.jpg
44 KB, 640x674
>my biggest complaint about this game was that I felt world mobs were too easy
>get to Planetouched Wilds
>get wrecked whenever I pull more than one mob
>had to ask guild for help
It was a humbling moment
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.