[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> A Fighting game has a new edition of it released, everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: 2000px-SmashBall.svg.png (59 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
2000px-SmashBall.svg.png
59 KB, 2000x2000
> A Fighting game has a new edition of it released, everyone moves on and the new version is played at Tournaments, even if people found some aspects better in the old version
> New Smash Bros game is released, but the melee manchildren refuse to move on and demand that they waste everyone's time with two smash tournaments for the new version and Melee.

Why is this fucking allowed?
>>
>If a new version of a series is released you're not allowed to play the older version anymore

This also is retarded.
>>
>>336359821
No reasons why?
>>
File: (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
8 KB, 300x300
>Please stop playing the game you like, we're entitled to you padding the numbers of OUR game!
>>
File: okay.png (65 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
okay.png
65 KB, 540x527
>>336359821
Why not? The two subspecies of Sm4shfag fighting it out means there's little overlap, and holding both tournaments means more viewers and more revenue for the tournament holder.

I don't see any downsides to this. More choice is always a good thing.
>>
File: vz4YAhD.jpg (176 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
vz4YAhD.jpg
176 KB, 528x960
Because smash is bot a fighting game. It's party game for people with autism.
>>
>>336360918
Then why don't we have 3s, +R, MvC2 and KoF98 tourneys regularly?
>>
>>336360918
If Smash wants to be considered a fighting game, they need to follow the FGC's setup. You can't have it both ways and then get special treatment because you have the biggest number of fucking autistic manchildren in the room.
>>
what does the danish flag have to do with video games?
>>
File: 1462198505971.gif (53 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1462198505971.gif
53 KB, 200x200
>>336362736
Says who? Some guy on /v/? Good one dude.
>>
>>336359947
>New installment comes out
>Some people insist the old version of the game is still worth playing
>Continue playing it while understanding that a newer installment may be more popular with both new and returning players

is a definite far cry from the melee scene, which is

>New game comes out
>Thousands of faggots cry out in unison
>Autism fuels them to antagonize everyone, convincing themselves that their opinions actually matter
>Act like complete man-babbies at all times, demanding special treatment wherever they go
>Cannot fathom how anyone can play a different version of the game

This is without me stating how I feel about any version of Smash or the franchise in general. Actually, I prefer melee, but that doesn't change how I feel about Smash fags in general. You are a fucking fool if you think this behavior doesn't take place, or if you've somehow deluded yourself into thinking other fighting game communities do this or have done this for so fucking long. Disagreeing strongly on the topic is one thing, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but the Smash fags in general have been pulling this shit attitude for years, and it isn't showing any signs of stopping. Attempting to justify it isn't going to get people to respect Smash. Growing the fuck up might help.

Also, I'm not sure about anyone else, but both my high school and college scenes had Smash communities present. They were large, loud, obnoxious, and the most childlike assholes I've ever had to deal with, regardless of the version. Anyone else experienced this? My friends across the states have said the same things. Is it really that common?
>>
>>336359821
People still play Street Fighter II.
>>
>Why are people allowed to play the game they prefer
>>
File: 1357081762864.png (10 KB, 277x218) Image search: [Google]
1357081762864.png
10 KB, 277x218
>>336359821
>new iteration of a game is bad in gameplay
>the idiots that play the game for a week defend it to hell and back
>a year later nobody plays the new one anymore, the people who are still playing the series go back to the older game with superior gameplay

notice how it isn't because it's the oldest (that'd be 64), or the one before the latest (Brawl), it's because it has the best gameplay (Melee)

all that said, there's still plenty of people playing tr4sh, it'll take ~1 more year for it to be forgotten
>>
>>336364863
Keep saying that every year as it gets larger and larger redditard

Melee is FINITO
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.