[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people still complaining about r1 spammers DIDNT YOU KNOW?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: CAESTUS.jpg (108 KB, 1200x840) Image search: [Google]
CAESTUS.jpg
108 KB, 1200x840
>people still complaining about r1 spammers

DIDNT YOU KNOW?

HAVENT YOU HEARD?
>>
Why did you post a picture of a turd?
>>
>counter faggotry with more faggotry
no thanks, pvp is fucked until poise gets turned on
>>
>>336347806
Haven't you heard? Dark souls is a laggy mess.
>>
The times I've invaded I've had such bad lag enemies look like they're teleporting around. Can't land a parry to save my life, and after that guy softbanning hundreds of people I'm wary of online play.
>>
>>336347806
The best part is when you pull one of these out the R1 spammers don't even know what to do and just keep doing the same thing.

When someone pulls out a target shield or a caestus all you have to do is jump attack them or approach them but delay your attack by a second just to mess them up

Also charged attacks usually fuck them up good
>>
>people take PvP in Souls seriously.

How low of a skill ceiling can you ducking get? It's not even close to competitive.

Go play Street Fighter if you want honest skill based combat
>>
File: dung_pie.png (24 KB, 189x187) Image search: [Google]
dung_pie.png
24 KB, 189x187
>>336347870
I think you have your items mixed up here Anon.
>>
>>336348441
Yeah, the serious PvP mentality is pathetic and perpetuated by Twitch streamers and similar faggots. It's really telling that /v/ likes it so much.
>>
Fist parry has no advantages over small shield parries on top of having zero stability so one partial will deplete all your stamina getting you stunlocked into oblivion by all consecutive attacks.
Virtually the only its advantage is weight but if you can't spare a few more units to get a decent small shield your build is pretty shitty.
>>
>>336350138
dumbass the caestus parry is instant, there's no startup frames
>>
>>336351697
>caestus parry is instant
As "instant" as small shield parry, virtually no difference.
>>
>>336351930
there's still literally zero startup frames you fucking dumb nigger
>>
>>336351985
So in other words it has virtually no advantage over small shields.
>>
>>336352148
If you used a caestus, medium shield, and small shield you'd feel the difference. Just give it a try. They have different timings.
>>
>>336352274
I'm using both caestus and small shield and there's virtually no difference in terms of startup frames. Both are able to reliably punish shit on third swing, both are able to reaction parry parryable UGS, both are equally good for punishing spam of any kind.
Medium shields are shit for parrying, more news at 11.
>>
I just 2 hand my tower shield and laugh.
>>
File: 40kekaftermath.jpg (49 KB, 480x653) Image search: [Google]
40kekaftermath.jpg
49 KB, 480x653
Ive been running a pyro build with a raw axe and pffhand parrying dagger..

Should I switch caestus
>>
>>336352434
>medium shields are shit for parrying
Enjoy absorbing two blows with your face I guess
>>
>>336353086

Offhand a Rapier instead.
>>
>>336352614
why use tower shield when you can just use a black knight shield

medium shield with 60 stability and weapon skill
>>
>>336357245
You don't seem to be aware of what absurd things you can do while 2handing a heavy shield.

The stability becomes so high that your stamina can outpace two R1 spammers at once.
>>
Oddly enough I seem to have better luck with the buckler type parries online, there's a level of the delayed prediction that often gets it in over the caestus
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.