[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rap aside, is this game good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: DonkeyKong64BoxArt.jpg (67 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
DonkeyKong64BoxArt.jpg
67 KB, 500x344
Rap aside, is this game good?
>>
Yes, if you like collectathons.
>>
HE
>>
>>336344358
One of the harder Rare games. Game doesn't really start until quarter way in because you have to unlock everyone. Has some great worlds and puzzles but can get tedious because collectathon.
Worth playing through at least once, you don't have to collect every little thing but if you can every other collectathon game will then seem small in comparison.
>>
it's a Banjo kazooie with donkey kong characters and more boss fights.

it's good, but i can't play it nowdays.
i don't think i can play banjo kazooie either.
>>
Not really. It has way too many collectibles even if you enjoy collectathons. On top of that each character has their own collectibles that only they can pick up, so you're constantly passing by items you need and have to switch every five seconds just to pick up some coins or bananas. It becomes super tedious when you have the full group since you basically have to clear levels with all of the characters.

Generally it also doesn't have the most interesting environments, puzzles are pretty brain dead, controls are finicky in some aspects (see shooting and flying with Diddy), and other issues remain.

Just play Banjo Kazooie if you want collectibles or Mario 64 for platforming if you want an N64 game.
>>
File: 1455946918400.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455946918400.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
How much do you like collecting inane bullshit?
>>
>>336344358
Beaver Bother.
>>
This is the best n64 3d platformer, and that mean is also one of the best 3d platformer ever made

yes, a fuckload of crap to collect but minigames are alot and good

But the camera is a fucking nightmare, you have to adjust it like every 3 sec
>>
>>336345181
Little me didn't have as much problem with Beaver Bother as doing a one credit run of the Donkey Kong Arcade. Ended up just learning about clipping through the final door to grab the key and disregard the perfect runs.
>>
>>336344358
You're better just going outside and collecting coins you find lying around on the street
>>
it's ok
>>
I do like how you have a lot of choice in how you beat the game, can help with multiple play throughs or its just always nice to have options since some bananas are near IMPOSSIBLE. Do NOT 100% or you will hate this game.
>>
basically exploring and forcible collecting of shit. gratifying with autism, can be tedious without. golden bananas (the game's equivalent of "power stars") are frequently hidden behind mini games some of which are incredibly annoying
>>
It's okay. When I was a kid I liked it for the novelty of exploring Donkey Kong Country in 3D. Nowadays there's one major thing I don't understand about it. Why use Tiny Kong as opposed to Dixie Kong?
>>
Playing through it again now. It feels less like a platformer and a more like a game revolving almost entirely around pressing switches. When you're not activating a switch with a ground pound/gun/instrument (wow, three methods of switch pressing!), you're aimlessly wandering around frankly barren and boring worlds or playing a shitty mini-game you've probably beaten 3 times already.
>>
>>336344625
HAS
>>
As a kid I loved it, had played BK and BT prior and this was my shit, so many characters, so much to collect.

I came back to it years later and was overwhelmed though, if you want to get EVERYTHING, you're gonna play this for a long long time. Lots of backtracking, it get pretty repetitive with the way levels are designed.

Want that golden banana? Only Diddy can get it, but first Tiny has to hit a switch to open a room where Chunky throws a rock so Diddy can get the banana.

First timers will probably like it, but going back to it is just really tedious.
>>
>>336344358

Do you like switches?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.