[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
depressive vidya thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 12
File: 1437980732295.gif (645 KB, 969x700) Image search: [Google]
1437980732295.gif
645 KB, 969x700
vidya is no longer exciting, everything is about remasters or early access, nintendo is shit, too many good plubishers/studios are gone, new consoles dont worth to be buy, pc gaming is weak...
>>
File: 1390940713942.png (2 KB, 158x160) Image search: [Google]
1390940713942.png
2 KB, 158x160
>>336338917
Just kill yourself then you fucking wimp.
>>
File: hell4.jpg (91 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
hell4.jpg
91 KB, 640x480
I bet there are a thousand games you'd love out there but you can't be assed to try out.
>>
>Hundreds of thousands of available games
>Falling for /v/'s weak opinions

You're approaching games with a very closed mind for reasons that have nothing to do with the games themselves.

If you don't like AAA then play something else. If you don't like a genre try a different one. Just for give me horseshit that good games don't exist and aren't being released still.
>>
>>336338917
Lain is overrated garbage anime for pretentious hipsters. Also girl is utter shit.
>>
File: story.gif (130 KB, 550x731) Image search: [Google]
story.gif
130 KB, 550x731
Sorry old man. Games are as good as ever, the ratio of good games to mediocre/shit games is the same as it's always been and the best games from this age can easily match up or surpass the best games from the past.
You have issues and video games don't fill your void anymore because they aren't the games you played when you were a happy kid not forced to deal with the harsh realities of the world you're living in. Your whole bleak outlook on your current life is reflected on the video games you play, which is why you are unable to enjoy them, but you refuse to believe that's the reason, you nitpick all those games to death in hopes of justifying your retarded opinions on them.
Your kind of nostalgiafaggotry has existed for as long as mankind has, across all mediums. Music is not as good, movies are not as good, books are not as good, everything was in its prime at your tender young age, when you were young and far more impressionable.
Commodore nostalgiafaggots considered Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past a shit game that handholded the player too much and had too much fanfare and useless plot, which interfered with the gameplay, unlike masterpieces such as fucking Bubble Bobble.
You either move with the times or you pretend you're above them. And you are clearly choosing the later side of the fence. But you are also holding on to them because they're all you have. Enjoy your misery, I'll keep enjoying my video games.
>>
File: just.jpg (62 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
62 KB, 700x700
>>336338917
>>
>>336338917
go do something productive instead of complaining about it on a mongolian art forum
>>
>>336338917
>vidya is no longer exciting,
Vidya is no longer exciting for you because you are "depressed" - not in the clinical sense, just in the sense that you are miserable. You are miserable because your life is shit, you have nothing really to be proud of, to be interested in, you are fairly low on the social hierarchy level and you have little prospects. When your brain comes to the conclusion that you have pretty much lost your bets in life, it will shut itself into "keeping low profile" mode, your serotonin production goes low, things become less rewarding.
Add to that decade of systematically training yourself to be jaded and literally afraid of being excited by things (because the potential disappointment became more terrifying to you than anything else) and keeping your interests extremely narrow, thus turning the few things you used to care about into a routine, and add to that the fact that you surround yourself by some of the most miserable and resentful people possible who merely further confirm your own jadedness: and you get the feeling that you feel right now.

Fix your life, fix your attitude, change environment and games will become fun and exciting again.
Then again you have about as much chance of actually pulling yourself together as you have winning all existing lotteries in the world at the same time, so... yeah. You fucked yourself over.
>>
Wew senpaitachi...

>>336339087
yea i know, i play indies sometimes but most of them just start to be rogue likes with bad pixel art.

>>336339082
i mostly play old games by emulation or psp games, sometimes bfbc2...
>>
>>336340796

I don't care what you're playing, play something very different
>>
>>336339607

>a week ago
>thread about how if you play too much you are depressed
>now
>thread about how if you don't play much you are depressed

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT FROM ME /V/???
>>
File: 1459494298331.jpg (6 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1459494298331.jpg
6 KB, 251x251
I played 50+ hours a week for the last month and now I feel burned out. But I'm still looking for something new to play anyway.

Worst feel
>>
i had this mentality from 16-23 but then i started enjoying games again without a significant life change so idk what to tell you lol
>>
>>336340969
I'm claiming neither, actually. I'm saying that OP's state has little to do with how much he plays, and everything to do with what he does other than playing games.
>>
File: alex.png (86 KB, 182x281) Image search: [Google]
alex.png
86 KB, 182x281
>>336340873
This, holy shit.

Whenever I start feeling like I'm burning out on games or in a rut, I look for a game I'm curious about that I've never played, usually in a genre that I'm not too familiar with. And every time without fail, it re-ignites my love of games, and usually leads to me discovering a whole new series or genre that I never thought I'd like. It's how I got into games like Bayonetta, Fire Emblem, and Demon's Souls.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-03+at+03.37.56).jpg (161 KB, 1040x714) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-03+at+03.37.56).jpg
161 KB, 1040x714
bought this with 2 friends

its pretty fun so far

gay that you cant queue with 3 people though
>>
>>336341512
I try to avoid EA since DayZ
>>336340978
What did you play ?
>>336341147
Actually it's more the current state of the game industry than the games that come out (or actually dont come out) that depress me.

I dont too much right now
>>
>>336339098
Are you sure you didn't mean NGE, anon?
>>
>>336342386
*i dont play too much right now
>>
>>336342386
>Actually it's more the current state of the game industry than the games that come out (or actually dont come out) that depress me.
Nah, I don't buy that. Gaming industry hasn't changed that much. You perception of it has changed far more. So did your values and priorities. Which is fairly normal. What does make it pathological is that you clearly can't cope with the change, which suggests something is wrong with you.

>>336339098
Why do people keep thinking saying "X is overrated garbage" makes them sound cool?
>>
End my life
>>
>>336338917
It started going downhill after ESRB ratings and the desire to be sensitive to victims of school shootings. If the industry were any good we would have a bunch games that feature people going to schools and killing the monsters who work there.

You can make fun of me for saying that but you can't deny that wouldn't be fun as hell and very cathartic.
>>
>>336343138
Furthermore the response to SJWs would have been games specifically designed around killing women. There are millions more women than men in the US because they live longer, they're protected from having to do any kind of dangerous work, and their health is given greater priority. There should be a game called "Equality" where the objective is to kill enough women so that the number of women equals the number of men.

Games are boring an uninteresting because people are boring and uninteresting.
>>
File: pqiZ4dA.png (82 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
pqiZ4dA.png
82 KB, 200x200
>>336342823
>>
>>336343396
One of the basic strategies of playing "Equality" would be to find schools and universities, where women outnumber men even more. That's where you would use all your heavy ordinance. You'd look for the gender studies rooms and drop the claymore power pack you picked up earlier or maybe just use a flamethrower. You would be penalized for killing men of course because they are a minority. You'd have to make it up by killing more women in order to achieve equality. Only when you achieve equality will the game be over.

So if you wanted you could just go around killing everyone until zero number of men equals zero number of women, including yourself. You could unlock achievements by ending the game in a suicide or fucking plane explosion or whatever.

Games should reward intelligent people who explore and understand the logic under which they're built. Sensitivity to how people feel about the consequences is totally anathema. Do you dream the same way? In your fantasies do you worry about what other people think? Fuck. No. Time to stop.
>>
>>336342386
>What did you play ?
Some FFXIV which I'm getting kind of bored of

Demon's Souls

Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>336343138
>>336343396
>>336343985
Jesus fucking Christ kid, nobody cares about your edgy teenage angst. How fucking old are you anyway? Should you even be here?
>>
File: r9k makes a movie.webm (2 MB, 1280x690) Image search: [Google]
r9k makes a movie.webm
2 MB, 1280x690
>>336343396
>>336343396
>There should be a game called "Equality" where the objective is to kill enough women so that the number of women equals the number of men.
like this?
>>
File: 1449257963544.jpg (47 KB, 548x365) Image search: [Google]
1449257963544.jpg
47 KB, 548x365
gaming started gong worse when most mid tier studios died.
now what's left is hipster indie devs and AAA games which are more about making a pretty trailer now
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.