[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about grinding in games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
How do you feel about grinding in games?
>>
a grinding sensation
>>
if the game requires grinding then it's shit game design and/or balance
>>
>>336338749
>i don't like something therefore it's universally bad

k nerd
>>
>>336338801
It has nothing to do with me liking or disliking it. I'm talking about the balance and the most basic game design theory, not opinions
>>
It requires me to have a large investment in the game from the start. The more I have to grind, the more likely I am to just lose interest eventually, to consider the goal not worth the effort.

But if that's given, the goal is likely to appear much more significant and much more like an achievement.

As such, grinding must be mid to late game, otherwise I never get to build up the investment, and must have a reward that's actually worth it. It also helps not to make it tedious as fuck.
>>
>>336338232

can we take a moment and "talk" about those girls?
>>
haha look everyone! he posted a braindead question that is ambiguous in meaning, but his intentions for the direction of the thread are painfully obvious, as seen by his choice of his picture!! haha oh man i love these threads!!!
>>
File: anal.jpg (50 KB, 575x312) Image search: [Google]
anal.jpg
50 KB, 575x312
Grinding is good when it's not too time-consuming and presents you with worthwhile rewards
There, now post those gosh-darn webms
>>
grinding has its own apeal necessary grinding is good and keeps u interested for example arpgs like torchlight 2 i love it but lost interest because even you are under level u can still defeat boss that kind of thing just kill the meaning behind alot of things thats why grinding good to keep u interested
>>
>>336338232
I dont mind, did a lot as kid in pokemon. It only bothers me when it really is too much.
>>
>>336338907
what are roguelikes
>>
Remove sensei.
>>
>>336339435
how can you "grind" in roguelikes if enemies don't respawn?
>>
It's alright. Grab tricks are better though.
>>
File: Purple Rain.jpg (43 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
Purple Rain.jpg
43 KB, 600x440
>It said "Thank you for a funky time, just call me up whenever you wanna grind"

Prince liked MMOs?
>>
>>336339518
fight a different enemy
>>
File: qTqNjxB.png (269 KB, 674x471) Image search: [Google]
qTqNjxB.png
269 KB, 674x471
I enjoy grinding to practice a game or to achieve something that takes skill, like time trials or something similar.

I don't enjoy grinding to make my character numbers go up.
>>
>>336339010

They are perfect

Sensei and piss-chan are actively ruining KissxSis
>>
>>336339672
Killing enemy on the level is not grinding.
>>
>>336339230
I feel bad for him.
>>
File: 1396297433418.gif (886 KB, 201x201) Image search: [Google]
1396297433418.gif
886 KB, 201x201
>>336339863
>he doesn't
>>
>>336339146
Was this written by a third grader?
>>
>>336339230
>obvious
What is it implying?
>>
I'm not a fan of grinding in general in RPGs, especially if it's expected of you to grind to actually complete the main story of the game. Post-game, it's not so bad, but if you have to grind to keep things balanced in the main game, it means the designers fucked up the EXP distribution, or something similar.

We can all agree that while Ako isn't bad, Riko is way better, right?
>>
>>336340202
>if you have to grind to keep things balanced in the main game, it means the designers fucked up the EXP distribution, or something similar.
it could also mean that you are too retarded to make a good character build.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.