[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yuropoor here I wanted to ask /g/ about this, but apparently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: adapter.jpg (26 KB, 270x203) Image search: [Google]
adapter.jpg
26 KB, 270x203
Yuropoor here
I wanted to ask /g/ about this, but apparently this would be regarded as tech support

I thought about buying a console from Amazon UK since it's cheaper that way
However, the plugs that come with them aren't used anywhere outside of Great Britain, so i was thinking;
Are UK to EU adapters safe to use for prolonged periods of time?

Thanks in advance
>>
I'm using a China to EU adapter and it works fine, I'm not dead yet, so I don't see why the fuck not.
>>
>>336334562
I don't see why they wouldn't be
>>
You have to check the voltage for that.
>>
Fuck off eurocuck, if /g/ doesn't want your shit thread neither do we
>>
>>336334562
What the fuck are those?
>>
>>336334789
UK to EU adapters.
Can you fucking read?
>>
>>336334562
>Are UK to EU adapters safe to use for prolonged periods of time?
Depends which one you buy.
But the UK plug is safe enough on its own so you won't need to worry about your shit getting shorted.

>>336334713
UK and EU both use 230V tho so w/e
>>
>>336334562
Last week I killed my phone while I was in UK using one of those.

But it was a bulky, Chinese, universal adapter, and it didn't make contact properly, so I think it was more related to the fact that the current kept losing contact.

In short, they should be perfectly safe as long as you purchase one that fits tight.
>>
>>336334562
Yeah, I don't see why not. It's not a step-down convertor, is it? Just a plug ponty bit facelift. If the console wants 240v and your power point outputs 240v there should be no worries.
>>
Doesn't matter honestly.

>Whenever I buy electronics it's either 50/50 EU or US plugs
>country is 99% using US sockets

for what purpose. is it because imports?
>>
Its the same voltage so its fine.
I came to europe with US to EU adapters and my 3ds wouldn't charge because of the voltage difference. I had to buy a usb charger.
>>
Moshi moshi /v/ desu.
>>
>>336335376
Yes, every price for electronic devices is beefed up as fuck in this country, so buying them from the UK is alot cheaper, even with shipping
Like, we talking £100 differeneces
>>
>>336334562
Britbong living in Austria here, I've been using plug adapters for years on my older consoles, never had any issues at all.
>>
>>336334562

Check the console's AC adapter to make sure it can handle the voltage. Most systems can handle 120v-240v just fine, so an adapter to get it in your wall is all you need. Beware of Nintendo, though. I almost fried my WiiU on a recent trip. Buddies had American PS4s and XboxOne's that worked with no problem.
>>
>>336334562
>>336334713
>>336334952
Some countries like US have 120volts 60Hz for normal appliances and coming out of sockets and the electricity from the power line to the house is 240v 60Hz with the dryer/washer/fridge running off 240.

You'll probably just have to buy a different power brick/cord.
>>
>>336337197
Europe uses 230/240v only
>>
File: 900692b2.jpg (9 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
900692b2.jpg
9 KB, 190x190
>>336334562
Dude most consoles manage voltage inside. If it's PS3/4 you can just get the appropriate cable from any thrift store.
>>
>>336334562
The AC adapter on most consoles are the same globally, they are usually 100-240v power switching supplies.

Overall, you should just read the supply for confirmation before you plug it in, the shit is all written there.

Sony uses a standard figure 8 cable and have done so since PS1 and even the PSP & Vita, all you need is the cable like this guy said >>336337837

If they switch themselves, all you really need is a travel adapter.
>>
This isn't related to videogames you piece of shit
>>
>>336338825
only, it really is.
>>
>>336334562
Fellow yuropoor here, you're fine. I'm using one because i got a UK 3DS charger and it works fine.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.