[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do these have a connected story or are they standalone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: EO.jpg (215 KB, 949x884) Image search: [Google]
EO.jpg
215 KB, 949x884
Do these have a connected story or are they standalone?
>>
they're all standalone
>>
>>336333347
Some portraits show up through all 4 games.
Otherwise no they take place on their own isolated story with slight references to each other.
>>
>>336333347
Are these games any good?
>>
>>336333637
EO is about having an experience that you make in your mind.
The more autism the better.
Try it out if you ever want to get comfy.
>>
no story
>>
>>336333637
yes
>>
>>336333347
If you're playing EO for the story, you're doing it wrong.

If you really want to connect dots, EO games are more like Final Fantasy except you swap crystals with huge trees.
>>
>>336333938
story is the main draw of rpgs.
that's like a pizza without pineapple.
>>
>>336334029
it's not really a standard rpg
>>
Technically they're all connected. They just seem to kind of forget that sometimes.
>>
>>336333347
They're not connected in the slightest, but they do some references\fan-service from time to time, but you're not supposed to take it seriously.

Also, cute "no story" meme going on in the thread. It has quite decent stories actually, they're just lacks the usual 30 hours coat of "humorous" skits, endless regurgiration and re-reexplanation of every event that happened and characters having drama and "character development", cutscenes and all that. You're just given the very meat of the story and everything else is pure dungeon crawling
>>
Why are the boxarts getting lower resolutions as they go?
>>
>>336334029
Not really.

RPG stem from pen and paper role play, which could depending on the GM revolve around a well planned story with limited freedom or just player shenanigans using the GM as a sandbox.

RPG vidya have evolved to focus more on the former because it's much more appealing to the mainstream audience.

But you can still find examples of sandboxy and/or gameplay-oriented RPGs where you're required to do the role play yourself if you want any character interaction.
They're niche because "actual RP is for nerds".
>>
>>336333347
They all take place in the same world but that's pretty much it.

>>336333938
I fucking love EO's story. That why I dislike Untold anime bullshit.
>>
>>336333453
aren't 1 and two connected?
>>
EO5 when?
>>
>>336334029
>pizza without pineapple
>bad
Thanks anon, I need a good shitpost to help me sleep.
>>
They don't have a story at all
>>336333637
As games, yes
As pandering weebshit, not quite
>>
>>336335469
august
>>
>>336334029
Not in the slightest.
Like Atlus' other primary RPG series, it's heavily inspired by games like Wizardry and is more focused on dungeon crawling than telling a story.

Outside of Persona 2 onwards, Atlus are very western in their approach to RPGs
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.