[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
It's Tuesday, so today we can expect an update. New escalation, possibly new featured contracts, maybe we finally get the first fabled elusive target? Will they even be able to deliver Marrakesh this month? I hope so.
>>
Was that confirmed? I can't play tonight, but it would be cool to play tomorrow. As long as it isn't a huge update and my shitty connection takes too long for anything.
>>
The first Elusive Contract is coming out one week from now, not today, I believe.
Marrakesh is suppose to come out this month, but there's no way IO will make this entire season without at least one delay.
>>
things they need to fix:
>sound mine placement detection
>ambient audio fucking up and cutting out at times
>the blood is awful, pools expand even after if you move the body, it's black, there are no trails, and nobody notices or cares about seeing blood
>>
File: Capture.jpg (23 KB, 799x159) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
23 KB, 799x159
>>336331172
Oh and this lovely thing that keep happening
>>
I wish it was possible to hide outfits you're not using, pick up any cartridges from rounds you've fired, disassemble and destroy guns, clean up blood with a mop etc
Leaving anything out of place hurts my autism.
>>
>>336331897
Suit Only, take all the guns with you, fiber-wire. Don't knock or kill anyone else out, either, they'll give too much information about the murders
>>
File: Playtime.png (315 KB, 981x367) Image search: [Google]
Playtime.png
315 KB, 981x367
Any excuse to get me to play more Hitman is good, 2bh.
I've been hyped up for Elusive Targets for almost two months now.
>>
Great game but the most baffling thing about it is how they somehow fucked up the Contracts by not having the same search, sort and favorite system Absolution had. It's the one thing that really makes this game feel like Early Access instead of just early episodic. Hope they eventually patch that shit in.
>>
I can never pull off anything cool.
People always spot me.

>tfw you're bad at some of your favourite video games
>>
File: oh gosh.jpg (4 KB, 185x82) Image search: [Google]
oh gosh.jpg
4 KB, 185x82
>MFW I first played Sapienza
>Spent two hours just exploring the whole map, didn't even bother killing people
The mark of a great Hitman level
The dialogue adds so much to it, too, I didn't realize how much I wished Blood Money and Contracts had way more dialogue
>>
>tfw you get in the car to escape but the man in yellow walks in front of your car
>Non-Target Kill Penalty 1x-5000
>>
>>336333952
Same exact thing happened to me. I was too busy laughing my ass off to get mad.
>>
>>336334096
Me too. He just kind of falls over, like a fell tree
>>
>>336334182
Yeah, I wish he had been realistically thrown over the car, but it was still pretty funny.
Now I have to make sure I don't trigger the conversation at the left so that I can safely escape in the car without issue. Or I just escape anywhere else since the other exits are usually closer anyways
>>
>>336334282
One time I fucked around and had the bike guy standing in front of it at just the right time.
Poor guy, twice in one day
>>
>>336330457
Shouldn't be too huge, probably only one or two escalations.
>>
Is 47 a virgin?
>>
how do you get Silvio to go to church?
>>
>>336336486
probably

>>336336504
>battle axe mission in Paris
that sucks, we need missions in Italy
>>
>>336336486
I bet he doesn't have any sexual urges whatsoever because he was designed to not be worried about that kind of stuff. So, yeah, very likely.
>>
Is Diana a virgin?
>>
>>336336651
You don't. He doesn't go to the church.
>>
>>336336837
She's probably married and has kids.
>>
Crack when
>>
>>336336853
Oh so you have to get De Santis with the bell?
>>
>>336336726
I hope we get two escalations, one for Paris and one for Sapienza.

But yeah, Paris has gotten a lot of love already, there's like 11 escalations for it.

Hope they also upgrade the featured contracts with some from Sapienza.
>>
>>336337221
Neither of the targets can get killed with the bell. Neither of the targets can't get killed in the well, for that matter.

"Feat" challenges can be done in any mission that takes place in Sapienza, which basically means you want to be on the lookout for contracts with people close to the church (a church staff or the private investigator) to pull those challenges off.
>>
File: Mei-Ling.png (110 KB, 236x299) Image search: [Google]
Mei-Ling.png
110 KB, 236x299
>>336336791
Yeah. He didn't react well to getting a kiss from the Asian hooker. If nothing else this points to him not caring at all about sex.
>>
>>336337337
That's misleading as fuck.
They really missed out by not having Silvio go to church.
They could have done this: after you spook him into fainting, eventually a guard comes in. If wakes him up Silvio is filled with guilt, thus he goes to church confession. While he is confessing you can go in as a priest, have some convo, and shoot him through the box.
>>
>>336338720
But if a guard wakes him up after he faints, he runs the fuck away to the plane, which is pretty great.
>>
File: sap_spree.jpg (163 KB, 837x581) Image search: [Google]
sap_spree.jpg
163 KB, 837x581
So, what's the official body count for Sapienza?
Just got 294, but I am not sure whether I got everyone. At least I didn't get any "Searching" status.
Also, the 294 body count is suspiciously close to the 297 I got in Paris. Could it be that the map doesn't support more than 300?
>>
>>336338764
it is, maybe it would make more sense after the psychologist route. In any case I think it's a missed opportunity. If they wanted to make it even more worth it, it would be pretty interesting if you could convince him to off himself or do something that results in his death. After all he is mentally unstable.
>>
Is there any point to the hair sample?
I keep thinking there is some use involving the interactive mechanical arm in the virus room, but can't figure it out.
>>
>>336339052
Yeah, that was my thought too. Someone like that just SCREAMS for suicide.
On the other hand, if you listen to all his monologues, I think he is too keen on his revenge to just off himself BEFORE taking it out. In the observatory, when he writes his farewell note, he's talking about something like that.
Would be cool nonetheless, letting himself hurl off the cliff or something.
>>
>>336338972
More likely the devs have performance guidelines for a number of different objects per map including NPC actors in order to stay within the declared system requirements. Since AI should be processed independently from NPC visibility onscreen it makes sense to have similar number of them regardless of map differences
>>
>>336339262
Heh, I thought that too, a lot of people thought so as well. But the virus is still being developed and they're still trying to find the strain.

You can show the DNA sample to Francesca.
>>
>>336339451
Also worth noting that Paris had an huge independent crowd of people to make the level seem more crowded, while in this one there's not a single crowd-NPC.
>>
>>336339270
Maybe even better, staged suicide. Have him go to confession, after you or the padre speak to him he goes up to the top of the church tower. This could give an opportunity to get him with the bell when passing by. Then when he gets to the top, he stands near the edge before eventually losing his nerve and going back to the mansion. If you push him, it counts as suicide.
I can't imagine they didn't think of something like this, probably just ran out of time
>>
can you gift it to me anon?
I'm really poor.
>>
>>336339631
sent ;)
>>
File: relaxed-man1.jpg (134 KB, 406x296) Image search: [Google]
relaxed-man1.jpg
134 KB, 406x296
Bought and installing it right now
>>
>>336330086
>3 hours
>40 posts
>15 IPs
Why are Hitman shilling threads so obvious.
>>
>>336339457
But showing it to her is basically pointless, she does nothing but phone someone. I would have thought they would she would have killed him for me.
This and the issue of the church being underused as well as the law office make me think this level was not finished on release. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing level, but I feel they must have thought of somethings and never been able to finish them. I doubt they ever will
>>
>>336339759
nobody is shilling this game, they have had one of the most pathetic and underfunded marketing campaigns ever. People are just happy it's an actual Hitman game unlike Abomination.
>>
>>336339885
These threads are always the same.
They are dead, they have very low IP count and somehow they stay up for like 12 hours in the second fastest board in this site.
>>
>>336339942
And yet here you are keeping it alive. Give me a reply.
>>
File: negative reviews.jpg (53 KB, 625x373) Image search: [Google]
negative reviews.jpg
53 KB, 625x373
>>
File: 109210977.jpg (35 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
109210977.jpg
35 KB, 500x333
>>336340110
>that one review where he said he had finished all the levels in ~5 hours and said there wasn't enough content to keep playing
tried finding the review again but can't see it anywhere
>>
>>336339942
why do you care? There's a lot to talk about and speculate in these games. There's like 5 Dark Souls threads every given moment, one Hitman thread is not a big deal

to add something meaningful to this reply, the USA level will be in Hollywood I'm 99% sure. There is a world building convo between the report and camera man in Paris that mentions a film star named Eno something, that's got to be the target.
>>
>>336339759
>>336339942
We like Hitman games, the fuck do you want from us? I bet you didn't notice these threads when they were Blood Money threads with weird OP's where there was no text other and only the Clarence picture.

Now a good game is out and we have something to actually discuss.
>>
File: 10554630.png (267 KB, 650x364) Image search: [Google]
10554630.png
267 KB, 650x364
>>336340348
>Blood Money was 10 years old
>>
>>336340110
>nigger
>>
File: 1462201568094.png (820 KB, 1024x381) Image search: [Google]
1462201568094.png
820 KB, 1024x381
>>336340294
They have made mentions to Thomas Cross multiple times just in these two levels.
With that said, the American level is most likely this one that was shown in the trailer (although concepts can change, the laboratory and Silvio were very different in the trailer from the actual game)
>>
>>336338972
What is it with Germans and genocide?
>>
>>336340507
Oh yeah that's right. I hope the Morocco level allows you to put a bomb in the duffel bag like in the trailer.
>>
>>336340565
It's part of the German dream.
It ended fast because they were too gentle though.
>>
>>336340507
Well the cameraman mentioned someone who sounds like a film star called Eno B something. I would also guess the targets are a director and an actor, one of them enjoys killing women for fun, I would guess the director. I think you are right about Cross, but I recall the name Jordan Cross actually, maybe there are two brothers like the Cohens lol. Would make sense to have more than two targets that late in the game after all.
All speculation, but I think it's a safe bet to say it's in Hollywood.
>>
>>336340565
It's the only fun we are allowed to have.
>>
>>336340507
>American level
>Burger music starts playing
>>
>>336341149
>American level
>Shoot a coin
>Men in boxers come in and start clapping
>>
>>336340507
>>336340869
To expand on this, I just remembered the name Jordon Cross was mentioned by the photographer with Helmut, who said "pose like you were in the black and white Jordon Cross video". My guess is the targets are a movie star and two director brothers, one who does experimental cinema and is an insane sociopath and the other who is more mainstream, is the money man, and is a calculated psychopath.
>>
>>336340294
>>336340869
>>336341736
That looks like some kind of hotel resort to me. Maybe they're on an hotel next to a place where they're shooting? I don't think it's Hollywood, anyways.
>>
>>336342107
I think it's going to be in Hollywood, they haven't done that before and it looks like sunny California to me. Might be a good contrast as I imagine Thailand and Japan being rainy and/or at night
>>
>>336342289
Shit man, we should get at least one level at night. They've shown footage for Paris at night and I believe Sapienza was planned to happen at night at one point too.
>>
>>336341736
I just was in the IAGO auction where this woman is talking about Thomas Cross suddenly donating money to something, although he is republican as hell and EBULLL.
>>
>>336342475
The person photographing Helmut talks about how he should pose like the one time he posed for the music video of some director that was also called Cross.

I guess maybe there really are two Crosses.

Wait, isn't one of the Cross dudes part of "The Ascendancy" or whatever it was?
>>
>>336342403
I bet that's why the changed it, to even it out so less than half the levels are at night. Although who knows, Japan could be snowy and Thailand would look great in the day, especially the coastal regions. I'd bet Japan will be the night level though, neon signs and all that.
>>
>>336342475
>Thomas Cross donating money to some shady new church (can't remember the name cult)

So Tom Cruise donating money to Church of Scientology. Fucking hell nice little inspiration/ reference.
>>
>>336342583
Yeah you're right.
Oh my God, one of them is satire of Scientologists in Hollywood. Tom Cruise confirmed.
>>
>>336342680
Church of Ascendants
>>
>>336342756
>>336342680
>Church of Ascendants = Church of Scientology
>Thomas Cross = Tom Cruise
fucking confirmed
>>
>>336342873
So wait, they're gonna have Tom Cruise kill women and photograph them?
>>
Eyes Wide Shut (1999) with Tom Cruise and The Showstopper mission has some similarities
>>
File: Tom Cruise.png (129 KB, 846x330) Image search: [Google]
Tom Cruise.png
129 KB, 846x330
>>336343553
Eeeh. He looks kinda like him?
>>
>>336343784
>>336343769
MIND = BLOWN
>>
File: baked.jpg (485 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
baked.jpg
485 KB, 1680x1050
>tfw you will never be able to use this
>>
>>336344357
Maybe one day, this is early access after all.
>tfw you will never cause a massive explosion shattering all the pottery creating a distraction big enough to avert the attention of almost all of the people outside, giving you just the right opportunity to sneak up and poison a target in the plaza before calmly exiting in your car
>>
>>336344357
That vase in the background appears in Paris as well and it's even a redacted challenge.

REUSED ASSETS CONFIRMED!
>>
>>336344842
So you are one of those people who can't recognize faces?
>>
>>336344357
Like pottery
>>
>>336341132
>germany
>fun

Nein.
>>
Do you think it's better to wait for the whole game? Or does the episodic feature adds to the experience?
>>
I can't wait to fail the first elusive target with the two twins because of the shitty melee bug that kills people you choke.
>>
>>336345542
I don't know who that guy is other than I've seen him in the leaderboards of the game.
Only recognized his name because of his annoying twitch url as his username
>>
File: 20160503112924_1.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160503112924_1.jpg
334 KB, 1920x1080
>>336345274
It's something I would usually warn against, but in this case it kind of forces you to appreciate the levels more. I'm over 80 hours in atm.
But I will say it is basically early access, there are a lot of features which need to be polished badly, such as blood. And certain things that do not work, like the sound mine.
>>
>>336345585
It's some Finnish autist who speedruns Hitman games by literally breaking the AI and spamming coins.
>>
>>336345274
I'm honestly enjoying the episodic release and the anticipation and reveals every month.
With that said, if I could get the whole game now, I would.
>>
>>336345542
Does this mean that the update is coming soon? Like by the start of the end of their twitch stream?
I don't want to see the escalation being played, I want to play it myself.
>>
>>336345570
>because of the shitty melee bug that kills people you choke.

This bug is supposed to get fixed today. Unless IO is too busy wasting the budget on coke, prostitutes and flying in e-celebs to their studio to play with them.
>>
>>336345570
are you sure that's a bug? I've never had this except for when I've taken too long to choke them out. I assumed that was a "feature".
>>
>>336345832
It's only happens when you're choking someone near a wall and the wall happens to be on 47's right side.

What happened back when the game released and in the beta is that when you choked an NPC near a wall, 47 would literally teleport to the next room, because he drops the body to the right side and the animation doesn't work in enclosed spaces. So they they tried to fix it by making a new animation, now 47 doesn't teleport anymore, but the NPC dies.
>>
>>336346039
My fix for it was to start hitting motherfuckers with a wrench.
>>
>>336346039
Oh you're right, it only occurs for me when I've choked that auction staff guy at the room next to the entry stairs in the auction. Which is always next to a right wall when I do it.
>>
>>336345654
Good point. I probably would get tired of all the escalation contracts if I played the game only in its finished state.

Fuck it, if you're a shill, you've done your job.
>>
>>336346101
Spaghetti sauce > bricks > hammers > statue heads > wrenchs/crowbars
>>
>>336346305
I actually did use the can of expires spaguetti sauce the most, now that I think about it.
I love how Silvio thinks the cooking is great if you poison him with that. Poor Chef. Didn't know his master wanted canned food
>>
>>336346039
Can confirm that is also works NOT near walls and NOT on the right side.
Had the CICADA guard in the cave, the one on the upper level, choked out to the right side of the crate, when he is facing away from that upper entrance. Choked him, died, reloaded, choked him, died.
>>
>>336346302
Honestly m8, the big reason why early access is the devil is that small studios get enough cash that they don't need to continue and are unimportant enough they can just up and trash their reputation. Considering how little they've made thus far and sunk costs, I can't imagine them not finishing this properly.
The worst practice here they are doing though is the always online DRM. You can play offline, but can't use your unlocks. It's awful because even if you never see the server crash, everytime you access the planning there is a loading time where it checks to see if you've unlocked the items. There is no reason this can't be done through save data.
>>
>>336346635
The reason is to avoid pirating despite the fact they already have DENUVO. It's insane and probably Square Enix's doing.

I also worry that this episodic format might actually end up meaning less sales for Hitman compared to Absolution, for example.
>>
>>336346790
How hyped was Absolution anyways? I don't watch tv and don't care about advertisement, I solely got it because it was a new Hitman game and looked really cool from what was shown beforehand, but did it have a PR budget? How was it advertised to the masses?
>>
>>336347053
It was probably advertised about the same as this game was, but the fact it was just a normal 60 dollar game and this has a bunch of confusing to the masses terms with it like episodic could spell this game's doom.
Although now that I think about it, Absolution had TV Spots and this doesn't. Maybe they're spending less money.
>>
>>336346790
>>336347053
>>336347270
Well, Absolution sold 3 million on Steam alone. That's a pretty big number, it sold more than Dark Souls for example.
>>
so when do we get to play the new escalation??
>>
File: 1431061737078.png (163 KB, 392x324) Image search: [Google]
1431061737078.png
163 KB, 392x324
Solid stream.
>>
Ok, stream cancelled. But at least patch confirmed.
>>
>>336348203
Maybe today?
>>
>>336348605
thank God.
when?
>>
>>336348957
The important guy said they're testing it and will be released in a few hours.
>>
Finally got all the challenges for Sapienza. Fucking Memento... Tried it several times as mansion guard, but apparently you need to be disguised as one of those two in the attic. The best about this is that those disguises are treated by the game as the very same, so I had to change disguise from mansion guard to cleaner BACK to the other mansion guard.
On a side note, I rate the attic climb hole 9/10, haven't discovered it until after 20 hours in Sapienza.
>>
>>336349365
took me forever to see that too.
Although nothing took me longer to discover than the detective plot
>>
>>336349458
Eh, the detective thing... I read about some PI on a thread here, but I had to stumble into a hairdresser's to know what was up. What do we learn about this? JUST CHECK EVERYTHING AND LISTEN TO EVERY BIT OF DIALOGUE.
>>
>>336349365
The attic climb hole? What do you mean? I only know of two entrances to the attic and they're doors.
>>
>>336349762
In Caruso's bedroom, there is a small room you can enter and then climb into attic trough there.
>>
>>336349762
keep looking.
>>
>>336349762
Right at the south side, in the middle of the attic, you can climb down a hole that brings you to that small chamber at Caruso's room. Where you find the cleaning staff disguise and the golf club.
>>
is there a disguise you can wear which won't make carrying the baseball bat suspicious?
Similar to how chefs can carry knives
>>
>>336350196
With guard clothing you can carry anything.
>>
>>336350236
shit why didn't I think of that.
Alright well, I think the people at the local shops owe some protection money brb
>>
File: dubs.jpg (26 KB, 455x625) Image search: [Google]
dubs.jpg
26 KB, 455x625
>>336349956
>>336350032
>>336350057
This is like that time I found out about the wooden tower next to the mansion. God damn, I have like 20 hours on this level, how the fuck did I miss that?
>>
>>336350338
Which wooden tower? You don't mean the one at the town gate?
>>
>>336350338
Little things that I some how missed out on for ages are: hanging from the clock tower hands, shooting the dinner bell from afar, and Luigi
>>
>>336349365

Thats not true. I did memento my first time on the level and I was dressed as one of the guards from the first floor. I had to remove a lot of guards to be able to approach her though, since everyone could see through my disguise except for her.
>>
>>336350937
Strange. At least with the disguise "starting as guard" it doesn't work. Maybe it's the guys who can see through you.
>>
File: D2yDZkh.png (326 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
D2yDZkh.png
326 KB, 540x960
KEK.
>>
So if you fail an elusive target its gone forever?

Not sure I can handle the pressure. I'll probably uninstall the game if I fail.
>>
>>336351680
We saw some elusive targets for Paris level before the game came out. They were featured in preview build and some retarded french guy has posted a vid.
>>
>>336345570
That's probably the reason why I started wrenches, hammers, crowbars, etc.; I'm afraid that I'll end up killing the NPC.

That and it just takes too long sometimes, as opposed to one hit on the head.
>>
Okay, can someone PLEASE tell me where the fucking cameras around the plaza are?
I just did a contract with killing the hippie and somehow I ALWAYS get filmed.
My first route was starting at plaza, entering lawyer's office, climbing out of the window right to the hippie's bathroom window and pulling him out, then leaving the same way and with the beetle.
Second approach was starting in tower, running down, shooting him in the back of the head, running down the tower and out of its front door and away with the beetle.
I definitely got NOT spotted by a person, but I just don't know where that fucking camera could be. I only know of the one guarding the emergency exit.
>>
>>336352663

Shit I KNEW I had forgotten a feature relating to those things. Throwing hammers at guards. Genius. This changes everything.
>>
>>336353415

So what? Just go to the security room and disable the cameras. There is never anyone in there and you can climb through the window.
>>
>>336353529
That's not the point. Besides, I just did that to figure out whether the camera allegedly watching me belongs to the plaza circuit. Turns out it does.
Now I have a highscore and don't know what to feel because I could have been even faster knowing how to dodge that thing.
At least it's obvious now that it has to be somewhere outside.
>>
>>336353919

But dont you get a popup when you get spotted by cameras? And there is this green glow right?
>>
>>336353442
best to throw the hammer from behind though. they will see you if you throw it at them from the front and you'll get detected which means after you knock them out you gotta snap their necks
>>
>>336354063
I have everything turned off. But yeah, maybe I just should turn on some shit just to see where it is.
Man, I want difficulties back. All this "being able to switch to Batman vision" is just scummy.
>>
>>336333952
>>336334096

SO THAT'S WHY THAT FUCKING HAPPENED. I WAS SO FUCKING MAD. I did the level perfectly and had no idea why I had a non-target kill penalty at the end.

Why would that count?
>>
>>336354234
The only camera I remember outside other than the ones in the Church is that camera on one of the front doors of the building next to the tower. It's a devious camera that is straight up next to the door pointing diagonally down so that you can't pass by it. Have you seen that one? It should be on the way to the Hippie.
>>
File: 1.jpg (981 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
981 KB, 1920x1080
>>336353919
>>336353415
>>
File: 20160503161441_1.jpg (126 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
20160503161441_1.jpg
126 KB, 1680x1050
>>336354782
FUCKING NIGGER I never saw the one guarding the lawyer entrance. The other one I know.

But I just found the (hopefully) last camera. It is guarding the lawyer's office inside the tower.
>>
>>336354359

Escape scenes arent cutscenes, they happen ingame. I guess its so guard placements and shit will be the same as its supposed to be.
>>
So does no one notice the barcode on the back of 47's head?
>>
File: 20160503161900_1.jpg (302 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
20160503161900_1.jpg
302 KB, 1680x1050
>>336355126
Yeah, it was that very camera. Kill the hippie in 49 seconds, faster is only possible with smoother shooting.
>>
>>336355453

Yeah they should, but its an iconic part of his design so you cant just remove it I guess.
>>
>>336355453
NPC's would probably think it's an eccentric tattoo or something.
>>
File: barcode-tattoo-5.jpg (58 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
barcode-tattoo-5.jpg
58 KB, 640x640
>>336355453
Well people have tattoos.

No one sees him killing the target. So there is no way to connect the dots that the bald dude with a bar code on the back of his head is the one that killed someone that day.
>>
>>336357423
less about "that guy with a barcode tattoo is killing people" and more about "I may not know everybody who works for so and so but I'm fairly certain I have never seen a 6'6" bald blue eyed man with a barcode on the back of his skull before"
>>
So im wondering about this game. Is it so far two levels with two set targets, is it two level TYPES with several targets, or what? Whats the deal so far
>>
>>336357889
That what the supervisor system is there for. Some people who work the job can immediately see through the disguise and tattoo, some people don't.

In your defense, no tall bald man with a intimidating face and a tattoo on his head would successfully pass off as a hairstylist or a priest.
>>
Patch is out. 126mb only.
>>
>>336357889
>6'6"
Aside from your exaggerated autism, don't forget people simply don't notice these things. You probably can't even remember the eye color of your parents.
>>
>>336357889
47 is medium height. There are some taller NPC's in Paris.
>>
>>336357889
>6'6" bald blue eyed man

This alone would be a dead giveaway.

The stage crew probably wouldn't recognize each other. I've worked in this area and 90% of people didn't know each other, despite working the same area. But a tight knit kitchen staff for example would obviously notice.

But in Sapienza for example, the Chef was waiting for Rocco to show up for his first day of work. Silvio had never met the Psychiatrist before and things like that. So they're trying to add some layer of realism, even if it's not completely realistic.
>>
>>336358279
It's four levels at this point, 15 dollars gets you the first three. Six targets total, One for each small mission and two for each big ass mission.
There's also Escalations and Contracts where different NPC's are the targets so it's kind of a pseudo-build-your-own-Hitman-level

And we'll get Elusive Contracts... Eventually.
>>
http://hitmanmaps.com/
>>
>New patch is out
>Launch game
>Click "Start Game"
>It starts for one brief second
>Screen blinks
>Game closes with no error message
Well then
>>
>>336358469
if it was the day my parents both died suspiciously by hitting an exploding golf ball and getting crushed by a chandelier I would probably suddenly remember the looming bald spectre of death with a barcode tattoo pretty well. That's kind of how prejudice works: looking unusual gets you noticed even if you don't warrant it.

After about 3 murders where a bunch of interrogated employees say "you know, there was some tall blue-eyed completely bald man with a barcode tattoo shining a table for an awful long time before shit went down on the most dramatic day of my life"

I mean I have no issue suspending my disbelief, and I think the tongue-in-cheek kind of angle they consciously take with the whole game, tonally, really helps that a lot because if it was trying to take itself completely seriously I think it would fall apart pretty quick. I just think the whole thing's pretty funny.
>>
>>336359907
>I just think the whole thing's pretty funny.
If you don't laugh regularly when playing Hitman, you have something wrong in your head.
And while my favourite way of execution is ARTY, I also love how Silvio likes his mother's canned sauce and the exploding golfball is so silly it's awesome.
Especially with all those props around it, like some operative (or 47 himself) tinkered for days to make an exploding golfball, all while enjoying a great view and trying to tolerate the noise coming from that stoner guy the floor above.
>>
File: 1458151962115.png (46 KB, 960x620) Image search: [Google]
1458151962115.png
46 KB, 960x620
>DX12 is still broken
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>No new escalations
>No new featured contracts
The fuck?
>>
I only recently got this game so can someone tell me what exactly the elusive target thing is?

I know its like a contract you only have 48 hours to do but are there any other requirements like in the escalations? Is it suit only? Most importantly are you able to retry it in those 48 hours if you fuck it up and are there saving involved?
>>
>>336359907
I don't see how that would make any sense at all, people are weird everywhere, you sure you go out?
>>
>>336360571
No retries, no saves. Don't know if suit only or anything, I think it's just kill and then I'd assume there'd also be a leaderboard.
>>
>>336360826
The more important question is, what happens if my connection fucks up or I get thrown out of the mission for some other bullshit reason?
>>
>>336360979
Make a review on Steam where you call the game shit.
>>
>>336360979
>what happens if my connection fucks
At least you won't get thrown into the main menu immediately anymore, the game will just pause and give you the option of reconnecting on the spot, and if you reconnect successfully you'll resume gameplay normally.
>>
>>336360826
Ok but am I able to kill them anyway I like? Can I just find them, shoot them, hide somewhere, wait it out then run off? Theres no set requirement?
>>
>work as a bodyguard for a VIP
>oh boy finally my dream job
>suddenly black out
>wake up in a chest with the corpse of my VIP

JUST
>>
>>336360979
>what happens if my connection fucks up
The game pauses and you can reconnect whenever you want. When you do, it resumes.

>or I get thrown out of the mission for some other bullshit reason?
You mean like a crash? Sounds like that would be the end of it for me.

It's why they've been delaying Elusive Targets. They want to try to avoid as much of those concerns as possible.
>>
>>336361224
There is actually one dialogue of CICADA guys talking about how that one guy lost his last two jobs because his clients died mysteriously and without him being able to do anything about it.
>>
>>336361218
I think that's what's planned, you can kill them however way you want, but if you fuck up you don't get a second chance and fail. For example one of them(first two were leaked) is where you have to kill a guy who also has a twin. If you kill the other twin you fail the contract. I like this idea. I only wish they also stripped you of wallhack and minimap and such.
>>
>>336361218
Depends, I'm sure some of the elusive targets will be like that
The two ones that were leaked had gimmicks to them. One of them had a twin and if you shot the twin that wasn't the target you lost. Another had an USB stick you had to take from him so you can't just shoot from afar and run away.
>>
File: dostoevsky_notesfromunderground.jpg (272 KB, 822x1356) Image search: [Google]
dostoevsky_notesfromunderground.jpg
272 KB, 822x1356
>Really bad at the game
>Know that I'm going to cock up every single elusive target
>There's content locked behind killing them.

Kill me.
>>
>>336361487

Yeah I wouldnt be able to handle failing a single one of those.
>>
>>336360665
yeah I go out a lot actually
and I know that when something big happens in your life, you remember funny details

something big like, say, I don't know... two people dying within minutes of each other in the middle of a huge fashion show.

I really don't know how you can possibly feel so strongly that it would be impossible to remember a tall completely bald blue-eyed man with a tattoo on the back of his neck.

If back when you were in junior high, just running around with your bros during lunch break doing whatever, you genuinely don't think you would remember suddenly seeing a tall bald blue-eyed cafeteria worker with a barcode tattoo out of nowhere the very same day that former president Jimmy Carter was supposed to give a big talk to your whole school but was crushed by a falling sandbag as he walked out onto the stage, I really think the problem lies less with me going outside and more with you being completely oblivious to your surroundings.
>>
>subduing still kills
>no refresh rate in the options
>Exclusive fullscreen still defaults to 30hz

BRAVO IO! An useless patch.
>>
>>336361487
git gud
>>
>>336361669
Do we actually have a changelog?
>>
>>336361623

>looking at peoples faces ever when they pass

LOL

;_;
>>
>>336361623
Because a just about average height white bald guy with a tattoo is not noticeable, end of story. If that's your qualification for peculiar you cannot possible leave your house otherwise you'd notice all the ugly, fat, weirdly disfigured, awkward haircuts, fucked up clothes, and so on, and then your example falls to the ground because then you'd clearly have some kind of autism or other mental disturbance which makes you remember everyone you see.
>>
File: hurts just a little bit.jpg (146 KB, 690x812) Image search: [Google]
hurts just a little bit.jpg
146 KB, 690x812
>>336361775
>>
>>336361669
Stop being a retard with your settings.
>>
>>336361926
I really don't know what "noiceable" looks like in your end of town but I have seen 1 completely bald guy this week and I remember him because he's the only fucking guy I've seen this week who was completely bald.

That was yesterday. Nobody even died.
>>
>>336362154
>never sees any bald people
Where do you live? in small village outside zvidonya wit mothar and oncle and family cow?
>>
File: Ungdftitled.jpg (74 KB, 886x444) Image search: [Google]
Ungdftitled.jpg
74 KB, 886x444
>>336362041
You're aware even Absolution has refresh rate options right?
>>
>>336362154
>Nobody even died.
Nobody you know of.
>>
>>336362280
What exactly is your goal?
>>
>>336362420

Crashing this plane....
>>
>>336362246
are you part of a cult or something?
do you belong to some skinhead sect?
how many completely hairless men do you see in your day to day?

don't even try and remember one because I know clearly you can't, but like... ballpark figure me. 12 a day? 13?
>>
>>336362521
And what's the next step of your master plan?
>>
>>336362661
getting you to play absolution
>>
>>336362307
good fucking point
>>
>>336362654
I go to university and I probably see AT LEAST one bald guy, regardless of age. Honestly, you sound retarded.
>>
>>336361487
Gonna be tense as fuck, homie. Train your skills by getting SA rankings. Learning how to adapt when shit goes wrong is also important. You'll get no restart buttons this time.
>>
>>336361669
>>336361735
I'm not convinced the actual patch has come in yet. There's not even a change log or any kind of news about this.
>>
>>336363052
My Steam downloaded something sized 126.2 MB.
>>
>>336362905
awesome so you definitely do remember!
now picture that bald guy but like

taller
with piercing blue eyes
and with a fucking barcode tattoo on the back of his head.

now imagine seeing that guy only once as he's leaving the metered parking lot and then your dean's car fucking explodes killing him, and also the research lab on campus burns to the ground.

definitely nobody who had seen him would ever say anything

at this point you're just being idiotic for the sake of being idiotic.
>>
>>336362654
I honestly have no idea how many bald people I see, but I know it's not note-worthy in the least.
You're the exception here, m8.
>>
>>336331796
This has only happened to me once, and that's when I first bought the game, since then I have never had that problem again. I think they may have fixed it or something.
>>
>>336363276
well today I learned I'm the fuckin rain man, better go put my super powers to good use.
>>
>New (Minor) Update - April 28th
>This 135MB update fixes an issue that was preventing some players progressing past the intro screen.
Oh... Is this it? They've been updating every tuesday with new escalations, surely they're gonna keep going today. Right?
>>
>>336363214
>awesome
>!
Kill yourself redditor.

No, I don't remember the specific people and their facial features, nor their height or tattoos or if they wore glasses or not. You're a total retard, and an actual redditor. See above for what you should do, princess.
>>
File: file.png (393 KB, 375x575) Image search: [Google]
file.png
393 KB, 375x575
>>336363386
>I don't remember people or faces
>retard
>>
>>336363471
I bet you see more bald people than you think you do. Unless you never get out.
>>
>>336363384
No. That's not the same patch.
>>
>>336363471
>he remember all the people he sees on a normal day
Sorry to tell you this, but there's probably something wrong with you if you can do this.
>>
>>336363521
definitely a possibility, I'm probably just remembering the unusual ones.

case in point.
>>
Have they added the suit case rifle to the game yet?
>>
>>336363550
Forget the probably, there is something wrong with you if you can do that*
>>
>>336363550
>remembering statistical outliers == remembering all the people
how do we keep making this logical leap
>>
Is this the best Hitman game ever?

Even with episodic content which I generally despise, I feel like it's going to be better than Blood Money when all is said and done.
>>
>>336363642
>statistical outliers are bald people
>bald people are weird enough to be remembered
You have autism if you believe this. If this is what it takes, then you would also think every fat person who walks by is an outlier. I once saw a fat colored hair chick with a fedora, I definitely remember her rotund shape, but I've also seen tons of fat girls, some with stupid colored hair others without, doesn't mean I can remember each one specifically. Seriously, go fucking take your autism medication.
>>
>>336363593
noâ„¢
>>
File: Hitman-7.webm (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Hitman-7.webm
1 MB, 480x270
>>336363593
>Have they added the suit case rifle to the game yet?

No and don't even expect it any time soon, or better yet, don't even expect it.

It only appeared in some alpha build.
>>
>>336363925
there's no way they won't add it. io has been surprisingly receptive to the feedback they've been given
>>
>>336363925
why tho
I thought you guys said Hitman was saved.
>>
>>336337579
>>336336486
So that concludes yesterdays wombat virgin thread.

Glad to know 47 keeps it always professional, not letting succubi blind his mind
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1983x755) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1983x755
>>336363809
alright at this point I can see that the argument is being perpetuated by conflation of a bunch of things, so let's set this all straight

>47 is an unusual looking person
>he is taller than average
>he is balder than average
>his eyes are very light and very blue
>his voice is unusual
>he has a tattoo
>that tattoo is located on the back of his skull, which is an unusual place for a tattoo
>that tattoo is of a barcode

if there were a venn diagram of human characteristics, the intersection of the traits belonging to 47 would belong to a small group; very small in any given random sample of human beings.

if you dispute this, I don't know what to tell you. I don't know where you live, but I know you must come from a long line of completely hairless nordic chain-smoking bikers because that is the only way you could possibly find his appearance unremarkable.

and that's what's happening here. You are genuinely trying to argue (at length) that he just looks like the average joe, nothing special, definitely doesn't stand out.

Quick thought experiment: let's gather everybody you see in a given amount of time together. Let's gather them all into one place. Gee, I don't know, maybe like... a stadium, that's convenient. Here check it out! A random assortment of people! Now circle all the ones that look so much like 47 that it would clearly be absurd to think that he is in possession of any remarkable features whatsoever.
>>
>>336364059
it's not saved yet, it's getting there and it's looking like it very well could be something special. what we have so far is good and a complete departure from abomination. just wait and see until season 1 is fully released if it's a problem for you
>>
>>336364738
I'll wait regardless. If for nothing else, then that I'll finding it annoying getting stoked and then not having the full game.
>>
>>336364738
frankly, right now, I'm comfortable saying it IS something special.
>>
>>336364851
i'm learning towards that too, but we need to see if this level of quality remains consistent throughout
>>
>>336364998
fair
it would be a fucking cruel trick if the remaining maps turned out to be some ratchet, janky-ass shit
>>
>Still no Suitcase, Toolbox, Catering Tray, Baking Soda Crate, or other similar carrying items to smuggle items past security checks
>No doughnut boxes to poison
>Can't use syringes to poison food or drinks like Blood Money

Still pretty damn good, but I miss that stuff from Blood Money.
>>
>>336364712
autism
>>
File: cheetah-pleased-c.jpg (429 KB, 1024x708) Image search: [Google]
cheetah-pleased-c.jpg
429 KB, 1024x708
>>336365473
>>
>>336365328

Yeah but so far I havent really needed weapons at all, and since you can break necks you dont even need the piano string. Wish there was a way to not have a pistol when you start the mission. Annoying to dump them in the trash everytime, though of course you could just drop it this time around since evidence doesnt count against score.
>>
>>336365735
there is a way to not have a pistol when you start the mission
hang on gonna boot it to get a screenshot for you
>>
File: ebic.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ebic.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
>memes
>e-celebs

What's gonna be the next escalation? Pewdiepie's adventures?
>>
File: file.png (487 KB, 1242x807) Image search: [Google]
file.png
487 KB, 1242x807
>>336365735
>>336365843
>>
>>336365735
Yeah, the change from Blood Money where getting caught carrying a weapon when getting screened at a security checkpoint going from getting it confiscated and stored to causing an alert is a bit annoying.

And there are a few challenges that specify killing a target with a (suppressed) pistol, luckily there are always 12 different ways around security checkpoints, and 8 of them let you get a pistol past them.
>>
>>336366130

Thanks bread
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og83EGQwlSg
>>
>>336365858
how the fuck would you even know what this is? i certainly don't. it's ironic. you're cancer complaining about cancer
>>
>>336366130
Well now I know.

Still it could be better implemented, like having the absence of a pistol being an equipable option in the concealed weapon screen.

Or take a page from MGS and put a banana in there.
>>
>>336363770
Too early to predict. If the six episodes keep this level of quality, it will manage to get on Blood Money's level.
But I doubt all levels will be as good as Sapienza. For example, I have a gut feeling the next one in Marrakesh is gonna be underwhelming.
>>
>>336366613

I have this feel as well, but if they pleasantly suprise me then I will eat my words and look forward to the next episodes.
>>
>>336365735
The garrote is still pretty damn useful, not only does it kill faster, you can immediately start dragging enemies to hide them.
>>
>>336365858
So they're having that dumb stream now? Are we waiting for the stream to end so we can finally get the Escalation for us?

I don't want to get spoiled, I want to do the escalation for myself
>>
>>336366741

Yeah I feel like I am almost cheating when I string a target just as everyone turns their back away and then just dump him in the nearest closet in one fluid movement.
>>
>>336366702
Here are my speculative tiers on the episodes, based on nothing but the location.

God Tier:
Japan

Good Tier:
Thailand

Meh Tier:
USA

Disappointing Tier:
Morocco
>>
>>336366879
It's only fair that they have the garrote be useful like that. It takes the space of 3 of your possible tools and you can kill people on melee without it.
Personally, I'm glad, I love doing all the wacky kills, but the ones I always go for first are the classic fiber wire.
>>
>>336366613

I'm actually pretty pumped for morocco, the bit we've seen of the market looks great
>>
>>336366613
>>336366702
killing some dweeb with mommy issues and a whore was fine, but the prospect of a political assassination is what i'm looking forward to the most. truth be told i wasn't feeling sapienza that much. it's good and i'm still fucking around with it and having fun, it's just that the atmosphere doesn't really appeal to me
>>
File: HITMAN Explosive Helmut.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HITMAN Explosive Helmut.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
Dev just said on the stream that they did reduce some of the triggered events.
>>
>>336364143
Doesn't Blood Money basically confirm this. There's that Xmas party level with the secret target who turns out to be that slag that tries to lure 47 into a secluded room and slice his throat.
>>
>>336366813
They're doing it cause Escalations are being changed
the one in that anons pic is only 3, instead of 5 and they add 2 challenges each time. It looks really good actually
>>
>>336367359
Really? The atmosphere was godlike to me. Cozy as fuck. Morocco looks much uglier with its brown exterior and the ugly broken down school (although the embassy and the market look pretty cool)
>>
File: 1461999513625.png (71 KB, 1456x1108) Image search: [Google]
1461999513625.png
71 KB, 1456x1108
>>336366947
>everyone hates morocco
>mfw it provides maximum comfiness and Japan is shit
>>
>>336367365

Silent Assassin
>>
>>336367762
Funny, that was exactly what I thought to myself in a few of the escalations. The idea was good but 5 was too many for a lot of them. Sets of 3 make more sense.

Good to see they got the same idea.

But are we getting an escalation today or not?
>>
>>336367403
>Reduce
Why can't they just remove it? Nobody likes to be semi forced to listen to conversations, especially if it's a game that's meant to be replayed.
>>
>>336367946
>fucking need to kill two people, on being the sikh
>in the 47 suit
>with the battle axe

>part two says no knock outs and you cant vault, scale, or climb anything
>>
>>336367979
Because if you don't have at the very least the conversations trigger when you're around, then you'll miss out on 90% of them even if you play the level a million times.

And the conversations are neat and add to the voyeuristic aspect of Hitman, in my opinion.
>>
>Doing the Detective Opportunity
>Follow him into that little underpass right next to a dumpster
>Club him with a wrench, dump him, change clothes, walk out

It's a little too easy, but it flows so well and felt so fucking smooth that I loved every second of it.
>>
File: 643564785.png (458 KB, 654x477) Image search: [Google]
643564785.png
458 KB, 654x477
>>336367365

Like a well-played game of chess
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.